IMG_2601 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2538 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1444 (resized).jpg
IMG_7006.jpg
gdz opto receiver (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_215256_Gallery (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,371 posts in this topic. You are on page 250 of 548.
#12451 1 year ago
Quoted from Zitt:

It's not fair to measure from top to bottom like that. The mating surface is the flat part of the skirt.

Absolutely correct. I checked this. Both the skirt and the upper portion are the same width in these parts. My measurement is accurate. The difference in actuator length is 1/16" almost exactly from bottom of skirt surface to the tip.

None-the-less, here's a direct measurement of the actuator length from tip to skirt. Difference is 1.9mm.

IMG_1983 (resized).JPGIMG_1983 (resized).JPGIMG_1984 (resized).JPGIMG_1984 (resized).JPG
#12452 1 year ago

Confirmed 1/16inch or 0.064 inches longer as compared to a unknown white skirt I procured (probably from pinball life) years ago.
Weirdly; my original MonsterBash had orange Gottlieb skirts in it and my skirts match them identically. I'm guessing that the previous owner put in Gottlieb skirts because he was able to get them in opaque orange.

These really have been used interchangeably for years; but, I can tell you with certainty that I will not be modifying our mold to make these shorter. That would be cost prohibitive and just not worth it for 1/16th of an inch. Even Pinball Life lists the same skirt as interchangeable for Gottlieb; stern, Jersey Jack, etc.

If someone reads this and feels 0.064inch is "critical"; I wish them luck finding clear skirts the right size. I'm sure eventually; someone will copy my design because that's what happens.

#12453 1 year ago

This isn't that big a deal, honestly. Your skirts and other pop bumper parts are great! Highly recommended. Be aware, if someone installs these skirts with no other modifications to their GZ, they'll trigger the spoon switch to always on. They'll either need to shorten the actuator or fairly dramatically adjust the leafs in the switch. If someone doesn't have experience adjusting leaf switches, that could be an issue.

Shortening the actuator isn't hard. It's far-easier with the skirt out of the machine. My purpose in making folks aware of this issue was to give them a chance to adjust for the actuator length difference at the time of the install. FYI.

#12454 1 year ago
Quoted from Zitt:

These really have been used interchangeably for years; but, I can tell you with certainty that I will not be modifying our mold to make these shorter. That would be cost prohibitive and just not worth it for 1/16th of an inch. .

Relax, it's a feature! Just update product page as " industry first custom, cut to length pop bumper actuator"

Doesn't seem like a big deal to take a file to the tip on any games that require it..better too long than too short!

Thanks for supplying these to the community. Will be ordering some when back in stock

#12455 1 year ago

I think the clear pop bumper, looks pretty cool. Both the body and skirt!
Can someone tell me about how long it takes to change these out?
I am trying to get and idea how long it takes, to upgrade my Godzilla?

#12456 1 year ago

Takes about 20 minutes give or take. Hardest part is you have to unsolder 4 wires for the internal RGB light, then resolder these wires again. Everything else is just screws and nuts (as well as confirming the correct operation of the spoon switch).

Here’s the rgb light in the original pop bumper and the terminal bus where you unsolder/resolder the wires:
AFF430EF-4496-47A0-8DF3-C5B157555725 (resized).jpegAFF430EF-4496-47A0-8DF3-C5B157555725 (resized).jpeg

ED24E74A-DA4F-45F3-8477-CC7C5B3CEFF5 (resized).jpegED24E74A-DA4F-45F3-8477-CC7C5B3CEFF5 (resized).jpeg

#12457 1 year ago

As promised, I have posted my jets strategy in the pinside post dedicated to helping everyone score a billion on GZ!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-score-a-billion-on-godzilla-and-more/page/2#post-7018381

#12458 1 year ago

My magnet is tight and tried to rotate it but no help.

#12459 1 year ago

Got my premium yesterday. What an amazing flowey game.

1. Anyone else have problems with launching the ball and it getting majorly slowed down by something in the shooter lane?

2. Installed lots of mods, but the main building/toy is an eyesore imo. Any sticker mods for it?

#12460 1 year ago

Mechagodzilla was cradling balls by his right arm pit. I added him some jewelry sharpied silver.

20220710_010641 (resized).jpg20220710_010641 (resized).jpg
#12461 1 year ago

Anyone else not like the flipper buttons on new stern games? They are kind of crunchy if you push in at the edges. I put new red ones from Marco on every other new stern and they feel better no crunchyness. I need to get new yellow ones for Godzilla.

#12462 1 year ago

Once again, a zip tie saves the Day! Perfectly camouflaged, kudos!

#12463 1 year ago
Quoted from barakandl:

Mechagodzilla was cradling balls by his right arm pit. I added him some jewelry sharpied silver.
[quoted image]

Once again, a zip tie saves the Day! Perfectly camouflaged, kudos!

#12464 1 year ago
Quoted from barakandl:

Anyone else not like the flipper buttons on new stern games? They are kind of crunchy if you push in at the edges. I put new red ones from Marco on every other new stern and they feel better no crunchyness. I need to get new yellow ones for Godzilla.

I had to lightly sand the burrs out of Godzilla and STh buttons. Mine were so bad the flipper would stay activated.

#12465 1 year ago

Just received my Pro the other day. Plays great but none of the service buttons work. (Volume, menu etc). Would someone mind taking some photos of the cpu node in the backbox? Specifically need the connector on the far right of the node. Interested in the wire order on the plug. I think I may have some in the wrong order.

Thanks

#12466 1 year ago
Quoted from TomN:

Just received my Pro the other day. Plays great but none of the service buttons work. (Volume, menu etc). Would someone mind taking some photos of the cpu node in the backbox? Specifically need the connector on the far right of the node. Interested in the wire order on the plug. I think I may have some in the wrong order.
Thanks

Unplug connector at the node board and the cpu in the backbox. That should get it going.

#12467 1 year ago

So these jets are supposed to light up?
Mine don't, and I haven't seen that on a few other machines either...
Just checking so I dont sound extra stupid asking stern support..
Mine is nib but has had some issues...
Thanks

20220710_143429 (resized).jpg20220710_143429 (resized).jpg
#12468 1 year ago
Quoted from Shuoink:

Mine don't, and I haven't seen that on a few other machines either...
Just checking so I dont sound extra stupid asking stern support..
Mine is nib but has had some issues...
Thanks[quoted image]

Yes, they should light up and animate. Does neither side work? I would start by checking the wires to the connectors and reseating.

#12469 1 year ago

To start, "advance fighter" on both lanes should light. Trigger inlane switch to light each of the 3 missiles 9! Each side. When all 6 are lit, jets starts...subsequent jets get harder but that should be enough for your debug..it would be surprising if all 6 missile lights or both advance fighters were out I guess..

#12470 1 year ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

Yes, they should light up and animate. Does neither side work? I would start by checking the wires to the connectors and reseating.

Actually probably start by doing the "all LEDs" test in diagnostics menu. If they work there, try the switch test to see if inlane switches work

#12471 1 year ago
Quoted from Shuoink:

Are you talking about the jets themselves? They don't light up.

Are you talking about the missiles? To the right of the flipper bat in your photo? Those should light.

#12472 1 year ago

I've had my pro since November and just did something funny for the first time: a base value (5m) destruction jackpot.

Harder than it would seem to light and hit one without putting any points in the bank. No monster monitor modes, no jet fighters, no multiballs. And it wasn't from a mystery award. It was actually a 2x because the way I lit it was a full rage combo.

#12473 1 year ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

Neither side

Quoted from Sorokyl:

To start, "advance fighter" on both lanes should light. Trigger inlane switch to light each of the 3 missiles 9! Each side. When all 6 are lit, jets starts...subsequent jets get harder but that should be enough for your debug..it would be surprising if all 6 missile lights or both advance fighters were out I guess..

Yeah none of the missles light up

Quoted from Sorokyl:

Actually probably start by doing the "all LEDs" test in diagnostics menu. If they work there, try the switch test to see if inlane switches work

Thanks will do led test to see if they even do anything period

Quoted from haiderdj:

Are you talking about the jets themselves? They don't light up.
Are you talking about the missiles? To the right of the flipper bat in your photo? Those should light.

The missiles yes, they don't light up.
This machine also had the inlane switches all in the wrong spots NIB...

Thanks everyone for the confirmation and the tips

#12474 1 year ago
Quoted from TomN:

Thanks

My pro was delivered with a bad menu button block. The - button didn’t work, the select button bounced and the other two buttons were hit or miss. My distributor got Stern to send me a new one. Super easy to replace. Call your distributor or stern.

#12475 1 year ago
Quoted from pingreg:

My pro was delivered with a bad menu button block. The - button didn’t work, the select button bounced and the other two buttons were hit or miss. My distributor got Stern to send me a new one. Super easy to replace. Call your distributor or stern.

I have this problem as well, yet another thing to ask them about....yeesh.. lot of problems to make it by supposed "qa"

#12476 1 year ago

Can someone tell me where these 2 stands go? I went to change the Mechagodzilla Shield Sculpt and they both popped off. Are they on the other side too? TIA

IMG_9186 (resized).jpgIMG_9186 (resized).jpg

#12477 1 year ago

4008EEF8-9B20-4B2A-A2D8-7A607E65DA0D (resized).jpeg4008EEF8-9B20-4B2A-A2D8-7A607E65DA0D (resized).jpeg

Under your missing plastic

#12478 1 year ago

Thank you! Yes, I have that plastic! If I am putting on The Art of Pinball Mod, do I need to get longer screws?

#12479 1 year ago
Quoted from Tyamry:

Thank you! Yes, I am changing the plastic!

Roger that!

#12480 1 year ago

E-mailed back and forth with Stern today

On My magna post issue they referred Me to adjust "Godzilla Magnet Pulse Delay Time" and set to 32.

Anyone know where to find this adjustment?

Thanks!

#12481 1 year ago
Quoted from Tyamry:

Thank you! Yes, I have that plastic! If I am putting on The Art of Pinball Mod, do I need to get longer screws?

Think if you dont use the bottom metal plate as an extra layer, you should be able to use the same screws. If you want that extra support, might be a close tight fit with the screw length and MechaG's arm thatts right over it

#12482 1 year ago

Thank you. I will get longer screws.

#12483 1 year ago
Quoted from sepins:

E-mailed back and forth with Stern today
On My magna post issue they referred Me to adjust "Godzilla Magnet Pulse Delay Time" and set to 32.
Anyone know where to find this adjustment?
Thanks!

Try game specific test ./ adjustments

#12484 1 year ago
Quoted from freddy:

Try game specific test ./ adjustments

Went in to game adjusts and not there

#12485 1 year ago
Quoted from sepins:

Went in to game adjusts and not there

Go to key posts top of this thread

71E252D5-7753-4E74-BC1D-4943758C6E4D (resized).jpeg71E252D5-7753-4E74-BC1D-4943758C6E4D (resized).jpeg
#12486 1 year ago

Right so co firmed no missile lights with lcd test.
The advance jetights fire off but not the missiles. Stern told me to check the connection for it on this board
Opened game up but thing is... I can't find this board for the life of me...
I can find 8532 up to 8539, but not 8531....
Am I just a putz and missing it somewhere, or do I not even have it from the factory?

20220710_191602 (resized).jpg20220710_191602 (resized).jpg20220710_191619 (resized).jpg20220710_191619 (resized).jpg20220710_191644 (resized).jpg20220710_191644 (resized).jpgimage (resized).pngimage (resized).png
#12487 1 year ago
Quoted from Shuoink:

Right so co firmed no missile lights with lcd test.
The advance jetights fire off but not the missiles. Stern told me to check the connection for it on this board
Opened game up but thing is... I can't find this board for the life of me...
I can find 8532 up to 8539, but not 8531....
Am I just a putz and missing it somewhere, or do I not even have it from the factory?

Those missile led boards are above the playfield, under the lane guide plastics.

#12488 1 year ago
Quoted from barakandl:

[quoted image]

Here's my solution for balls getting trapped near MGZ's right armpit - I had a small round rubber grommet and sliced off the end with a one-sided razor blade, painted it silver and glued it onto MGZ's right bicep, and then did the same on the left arm so both arms matched. I think it matches the style of MGZ's armor better than a zip tie.

MGZarm rubber (resized).jpgMGZarm rubber (resized).jpg
#12489 1 year ago
Quoted from shaub:

Those missile led boards are above the playfield, under the lane guide plastics.

Thanks, I was totally Derping over those ones... so update:
Left side wasn't plugged in at all.. I could blame shipping or maybe Shaker motor knocked it out, etc...
The right side though was only in three pins and missed the 4th completely...
At least the 4th issue that seems to be a easy production flaw/QA miss on my nib machine, slightly dissapointing. All seems well now far as I know... sad thing is if something else is not working as intended I probably wouldn't know. The rockets are a very helpful indicator to have working. Thanks again everybody!

#12490 1 year ago

QC on NIB Sterns hasn't been that great of late. It appears Stern is pushing to get as many machines out the door as they can to cover backlogs. Who knows who's been hired and is working on these. Assembly of a pin is complex, obviously. My NIB GZ had half the playfield supports unbolted (pic posted back in this thread).

My expectation is that a NIB pin is going to need a lot of tuning and other care/setup. It's not like a consumer box that comes home, plugs in, and works without any intervention.

#12491 1 year ago

My new avengers premium the service button didn’t work as well. If you push super hard it works. Stern shipped me a new one. Sounds like they still have some bad batch menus left they are pushing off to people. Easy fix but for now take one from your other game until you get a new one.

#12492 1 year ago
Quoted from pingreg:

They are sending me a replacement as they have seen some unresponsive blocks. Hopefully this fixes it

#12493 1 year ago
Quoted from TomN:

They are sending me a replacement as they have seen some unresponsive blocks. Hopefully this fixes it

They did the same for me. Sounds like you are in good company

#12494 1 year ago

I got a replacement button assembly, and the circuit board is clearly a different manufacturer from the one that came with my game - the markings on the board itself are similar, but distinct (font choice, size, etc). The new assembly works 100%, so that's the good news.

#12495 1 year ago
Quoted from wywin:

I got a replacement button assembly, and the circuit board is clearly a different manufacturer from the one that came with my game - the markings on the board itself are similar, but distinct (font choice, size, etc). The new assembly works 100%, so that's the good news.

Can you post a poc of the good one?

#12496 1 year ago

Is there still something you can do that gets the tail slide clip to play? Swear I saw it in game once but not sure if it's still in game or if I am just imagining I saw it..

#12497 1 year ago

Anyone know what lights the tail whip insert?

#12498 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

My new avengers premium the service button didn’t work as well. If you push super hard it works. Stern shipped me a new one. Sounds like they still have some bad batch menus left they are pushing off to people. Easy fix but for now take one from your other game until you get a new one.

They should change to using some kind of tactile switch. Much more reliable. I hacked this together after the one in maiden stopped working after a couple years.

20220712_032953 (resized).jpg20220712_032953 (resized).jpg

#12499 1 year ago

I got home from work and my son left the game on. While in attract mode, I leaned against it and started to slip off my shoes.
The game shouted “take off your shoes!”

I had never heard that before. It was pretty trippy.
Anyway, got my high score to date on it. Still need to read up on all the scoring rules.

4261B2C7-CD36-4C17-AAA5-C9E06738490D (resized).jpeg4261B2C7-CD36-4C17-AAA5-C9E06738490D (resized).jpeg

#12500 1 year ago
Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

Anyone know what lights the tail whip insert?

Shooting the loop.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 240.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

Machine - For Sale
Land O' Lakes, FL
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

5,980 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 27,371 posts in this topic. You are on page 250 of 548.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/250 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.