Screenshot_20240408_215256_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1439 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408-172718 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240408-172819 (resized).png
IMG_0307 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5052 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,319 posts in this topic. You are on page 248 of 547.
#12351 1 year ago
Quoted from andre060:

You'd want to get nut drivers and wrenches in the following sizes:
1/4"
5/16"
11/32"
3/8"
That will cover you for most parts on games. Also order a set of imperial unit Allen wrenches (also known as hex keys) - a standard set should have all the sizes you need.

thank you sir!

#12352 1 year ago

Hey, have any Premium owners run into trouble with the Mechagodzilla shield motor? I have this sporadic issue where it gets into this state where it will just whirr as it tries to spin the shield, but nothing actually moves. If I go under the hood and fiddle with the motor enough, it usually starts working again... but only temporarily.

Been trying to get a response from Stern through my dealer for awhile now, but wondering if anyone else ran into this and knows of a quick fix.

Thanks!

#12353 1 year ago
Quoted from fkane:

Hey, have any Premium owners run into trouble with the Mechagodzilla shield motor? I have this sporadic issue where it gets into this state where it will just whirr as it tries to spin the shield, but nothing actually moves. If I go under the hood and fiddle with the motor enough, it usually starts working again... but only temporarily.
Been trying to get a response from Stern through my dealer for awhile now, but wondering if anyone else ran into this and knows of a quick fix.
Thanks!

Common issue, first thing to try is loosen the big white nylon lock nut underneath, then snug tighten only and see if that frees it up a bit for you.

#12354 1 year ago

Small protip: when playing the 3rd tier 2 (I think GZ and Angurius vs KG and Gigan), when the magnet grabs the ball for "Fight or Flee," wait a bit before choosing... allow the ball time to settle its swing on the magnet to reduce the chance of a let-go that heads SDTM.

Also applies to the occasional non-DJP or MG grab ("GZ Multiball Ready" on pro) .. don't blow off the animations, let them play so the ball has time to settle. No need to flirt with disaster on a bad drop. Now, if MG was lit, blow 'em off so you have a chance to get an imposter.

#12355 1 year ago

Hello,
I think this issue was addressed before but I cannot find it. When the magnet grabs the ball for DESTRUCTION JACKPOT, the magnet drops the ball and I can barely get my flipper on it. I can hit the shot, but barely. Definitely without any power. My machine is level on the upper side of the playfield and the lower by the flippers. Anybody else have a solution for this? I also tried raiding the right legs and having the machine tilt a little left and not level, but that didn’t work either. Thanks all!

#12356 1 year ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

Hello,
I think this issue was addressed before but I cannot find it. When the magnet grabs the ball for DESTRUCTION JACKPOT, the magnet drops the ball and I can barely get my flipper on it. I can hit the shot, but barely. Definitely without any power. My machine is level on the upper side of the playfield and the lower by the flippers. Anybody else have a solution for this? I also tried raiding the right legs and having the machine tilt a little left and not level, but that didn’t work either. Thanks all!

Have you gone into the menu and adjusted the flipper strength, I set mine to 180 and am hitting pretty consistently now.

#12357 1 year ago
Quoted from andre060:

You'd want to get nut drivers and wrenches in the following sizes:
1/4"
5/16"
11/32"
3/8"
That will cover you for most parts on games. Also order a set of imperial unit Allen wrenches (also known as hex keys) - a standard set should have all the sizes you need.

and a medium and small philips screwdriver,magnetic screwdrivers and nut drivers if possible.Also a set of distributor wrenches and your pretty much set.

#12358 1 year ago

Gonna soon be listing my Godzilla pro for trade or maybe sell.....
Because I found a premium coming this month!

#12359 1 year ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Common issue, first thing to try is loosen the big white nylon lock nut underneath, then snug tighten only and see if that frees it up a bit for you.

Thanks, I already tried that. What's the second thing to try

#12360 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

Please forgive a more general question here, but it relates to GZ and other Sterns. I’ve seen many posts that state the stock flipper coil stocks are junk. Several posts say the stops only lasted a few hundred games, etc.
My question is, what constitutes a failed coil stop for a newer Stern? Anything to look for? On heavily routed games I restored years ago, really well-used stops got mushroomed. Is this the issue? I’ve ordered a dozen replacements in anticipation of replacement. I’d appreciate knowing what to look for. Thanks.

The flippers will sometime stick in the up position briefly after flipping. The stop will wiggle or else spin.

#12361 1 year ago

Is anyone able to post some pictures of the VUK on their machine? Both from behind the playfield and underneath?

It’s hard to gauge where my alignment issue stems from without having a reference.

#12363 1 year ago
Quoted from metallik:

Small protip: when playing the 3rd tier 2 (I think GZ and Angurius vs KG and Gigan), when the magnet grabs the ball for "Fight or Flee," wait a bit before choosing... allow the ball time to settle its swing on the magnet to reduce the chance of a let-go that heads SDTM.
Also applies to the occasional non-DJP or MG grab ("GZ Multiball Ready" on pro) .. don't blow off the animations, let them play so the ball has time to settle. No need to flirt with disaster on a bad drop. Now, if MG was lit, blow 'em off so you have a chance to get an imposter.

Except that I've found there are certain animations that still cannot be skipped (the first time they play?) when the ball is grabbed by the magnet. So by the time they end, the ball completely or almost stopped swinging and you've missed the chance at collecting an imposter.

#12364 1 year ago

Just FYI, Myth Pinball has flaming speaker lights (and matching under-cabinet lights) in stock. Put some on my Deadpool.

6D064472-A4A0-4967-B23B-F154D532A80A (resized).jpeg6D064472-A4A0-4967-B23B-F154D532A80A (resized).jpeg
#12365 1 year ago
Quoted from ticktockman:

Just FYI, Myth Pinball has flaming speaker lights (and matching under-cabinet lights) in stock. Put some on my Deadpool.
[quoted image]

I have seen these in person and some of the modes on them are beautiful but (lol) always a but... the flame effect mode in "my head" I can't help but constantly see the letter U in the speaker panel which can't be unseen as much of the center is just dark with no effect there. Price wise is the same as Doug, sure turnover is much quicker but that's because Doug is that busy making them. If you don't mind the wait, the flaming frames do give a much nicer flame effect. If you are in a hurry then you can always go with the "Rider on a fast horse" approach and get these for the flame effect.

Just one person's opinion who has seen both...

#12366 1 year ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Except that I've found there are certain animations that still cannot be skipped (the first time they play?) when the ball is grabbed by the magnet. So by the time they end, the ball completely or almost stopped swinging and you've missed the chance at collecting an imposter.

I agree on this one. You can't double flip to release the ball from the magnet until the Magna Grab video clip shows up. Would be nice if they prioritized that clip to show up first before others so you can release the ball while it's swinging.

#12367 1 year ago

Except that I've found there are certain animations that still cannot be skipped (the first time they play?) when the ball is grabbed by the magnet.

Yeah that's a pain, hopefully code will be tweaked so that a lit magnagrab will allow any queued videos to be blown off...

#12368 1 year ago

Welp, my Godzilla Premium is out of action after a couple of weeks, somehow one of the wires running to the upper flipper broke off. Is this something I can just solder back on and it should work? I'm new to all this so any tips would be appreciated. I'll try contacting Stern support too.
PXL_20220707_010847320 (resized).jpgPXL_20220707_010847320 (resized).jpg

#12369 1 year ago
Quoted from bulletbait:

Welp, my Godzilla Premium is out of action after a couple of weeks, somehow one of the cables running to the upper flipper broke off. Is this something I can just solder back on and it should work? I'm new to all this so any tips would be appreciated. I'll try contacting Stern support too.

Yep, solder it back on and you'll be back in business! Looks pretty crusty, I'd use a good amount of flux if you have it.

#12370 1 year ago

You broke the tab off. The connection won’t be as strong as it should be. Better off trying to solder directly to the wires going to that lug while you wait on a replacement.

#12371 1 year ago

Solder it. You really can’t mess it up. Will be good as new

#12372 1 year ago

Thanks all, I'll definitely contact Stern support and see if they'll give a replacement. No idea what happened to it, flipper just died mid-game. I've never taken the playfield out and have been very careful when lifting it up and setting it on the head. I think it may have been damaged in transport and was hanging on by a thread. My coin box was all the way in the back of the cabinet when I first assembled it from the box, maybe it winged this on the way back?

#12373 1 year ago
Quoted from bulletbait:

No idea what happened to it, flipper just died mid-game. I've never taken the playfield out and have been very careful when lifting it up and setting it on the head. I think it may have been damaged in transport and was hanging on by a thread. My coin box was all the way in the back of the cabinet when I first assembled it from the box, maybe it winged this on the way back?

It’s pinball. Things break. They even break when you’re not playing it. Don’t worry too much. Easy soldering job and you’ll be good to go.

#12374 1 year ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

First off..are you talking about the auto launch or a manual plunge? Also it is a real skill shot you have to time it to where the ball jumps out of the shooter lane and hits right before the embedded guide bar, but with enough momentum to either continue across the playfield behind the upper left flipper or to perform one of the other unique skill shots including coming back down the lane... But if you do happen to hit it and it hits right on the embedded guide bar it will get a little clank there..
If you're talking about the ball rattling coming out of the shooter lane itself and hitting sidewalls, then you need to consider the auto plunger adjustment or the manual plunger tip strike point on the ball and possibly lining that up better

When I do a manual plunge, the ball Seems to just bounce around from side to side when entering the playfield area by the pop. I will look at where the top is hitting the ball.

#12375 1 year ago

Thank you! My search terms missed that post. Looks like it's time to get down and dirty.

#12376 1 year ago
Quoted from bsobie:

When I do a manual plunge, the ball Seems to just bounce around from side to side when entering the playfield area by the pop. I will look at where the top is hitting the ball.

A slow motion camera video helps with these types of issues... It could be something as simple as straightening the plunger tip rubber or getting a new tip. I would next check the plunger alignment and how it touches the ball... It may be glancing it and putting some spin right out of the gate. No sense in speculating further. If you post a vid here, we can help.

#12377 1 year ago
Quoted from bulletbait:

Thanks all, I'll definitely contact Stern support and see if they'll give a replacement. No idea what happened to it, flipper just died mid-game. I've never taken the playfield out and have been very careful when lifting it up and setting it on the head.

You don’t have to take the playfield all the way out if that’s what you were thinking. Lift it up and rest it on the back box head. Just wrap a rag under the area you are soldering so if any drips the rag will catch it.

#12378 1 year ago

Shoutout to Flaco for coming by tonight and sorting out my center spinner problem and maybe a couple other niggling issues. Set three new "champion" scores on the first game after. Leaderboards can start getting nervous if we sort out the remaining problems.

I'll post some of our findings tomorrow for people who have been dealing with similar problems to check.

#12380 1 year ago
Quoted from Marangsanz:

I received my GZ Prem last week and noticed that the center spinner was only registering a small amount of spins on clean hits. After closer inspection, I found that the micro switch gets stuck down briefly and is not as responsive/springy as the other switches. Is this something that can be adjusted or does the entire switch need to be replaced?

In case someone else runs into the same issue… Loosening the screw that mounts the micro switch allowed the actuator to spring back up, which solved the problem.

#12381 1 year ago
Quoted from bulletbait:

Thanks all, I'll definitely contact Stern support and see if they'll give a replacement. No idea what happened to it, flipper just died mid-game. I've never taken the playfield out and have been very careful when lifting it up and setting it on the head. I think it may have been damaged in transport and was hanging on by a thread. My coin box was all the way in the back of the cabinet when I first assembled it from the box, maybe it winged this on the way back?

My coinbox was loose banging around in my cabinet right from new also. They didn't put the pin in to hold it a factory, and there was no pin in the cab. I have been quietly waiting to see if the repercussions come from that loose coin box also

#12382 1 year ago

Shoutout to Flaco for coming by tonight and sorting out my center spinner problem and maybe a couple other niggling issues. Set three new "champion" scores on the first game after. Leaderboards can start getting nervous if we sort out the remaining problems.
I'll post some of our findings tomorrow for people who have been dealing with similar problems to check.

I like the confidence of this statement. Leaderboards have no way to record tilt settings. Seems like some people are playing without a tilt altogether…. Or a very loose one. I usually take my score and multiply it by 2 since I put a pinburgh tilt on my machine. Maybe that should be a category!

#12383 1 year ago

FYI, I unboxed my June 18, 2022 build GZ Premium last week. It has several QC issues:

-coin box wasn’t secured with a clip and was just banging around;
- the left playfield support (retained by 3 captured bolts and nuts) wasn’t tightened at all. All 3 nuts were loose in the cabinet and the bolts hadn’t yet been tightened to draw them into the wood
-shooter rod was badly misaligned. Needed shims and adjustment to get it properly working

FYI.

0626C7AA-2A4B-4C10-A7EE-501247807FCE (resized).jpeg0626C7AA-2A4B-4C10-A7EE-501247807FCE (resized).jpeg
#12384 1 year ago

Awesome news! Curious what the fix for the spinner was?

#12385 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

coin box wasn’t secured with a clip and was just banging around;

This was how my last three NIB sterns arrived ! ! !

#12386 1 year ago

My coinbox wasn't secured either.

#12387 1 year ago

My May 25 Pro also had a loose coinbox. Must be SOP now!

#12388 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

FYI, I unboxed my June 18, 2022 build GZ Premium last week. It has several QC issues:
- the left playfield support (retained by 3 captured bolts and nuts) wasn’t tightened at all. All 3 nuts were loose in the cabinet and the bolts hadn’t yet been tightened to draw them into the wood
-shooter rod was badly misaligned. Needed shims and adjustment to get it properly working
FYI.[quoted image]

my launch premium had a loose box (huhuh) as well. not sure what the deal is with that

#12389 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

FYI.[quoted image]

Mine had lane switches in the wrong place so everytime I went down a right or left lane i would get a ball save jad instant multiball all the time had to get stuff re wired

#12390 1 year ago
Quoted from Beyndtstng:

I like the confidence of this statement. Leaderboards have no way to record tilt settings. Seems like some people are playing without a tilt altogether…. Or a very loose one. I usually take my score and multiply it by 2 since I put a pinburgh tilt on my machine. Maybe that should be a category!

I tilted twice in my 4.3B game over the weekend!

I'm starting to consistently hit 3B & 4B games - hoping to have a bust out game any day now where I can put up a 6B - 10+B!

I can feel it coming!

#12391 1 year ago

Coinboxes not secured must be the latest thing. I have received a few NIB Sterns in last 6 months and none of them were secured. Some had the clip in there but not secured and others had no sign of the clip altogether.

#12392 1 year ago
Quoted from awesome1:

I'm starting to consistently hit 3B & 4B games - hoping to have a bust out game any day now where I can put up a 6B - 10+B!
I can feel it coming!

I’ve lost count on how many 1+ billion carnage bonuses I have lost by getting greedy for more. He needs a high score of shame for this. What’s that Tennyson quote… “Tis better to have a one billion carnage collect and lose, then to have never collected one at all!”

#12393 1 year ago
Quoted from Beyndtstng:

I’ve lost count on how many 1+ billion carnage bonuses I have lost by getting greedy for more. He needs a high score of shame for this. What’s that Tennyson quote… “Tis better to have a one billion carnage collect and lose, then to have never collected one at all!”

HAHA - Deadpool has the "Tilt Champion"!

Last week I was in the second city on my first ball with all monitors completed and bonus growing. I had a decent Monster Zero going with the final 8X super jackpot lit... just needed to collect or at least stay alive and get out of the city... and I drained...

It went to junk from there and I never even made it out of the city.

#12394 1 year ago
Quoted from awesome1:

HAHA - Deadpool has the "Tilt Champion"!
Last week I was in the second city on my first ball with all monitors completed and bonus growing. I had a decent Monster Zero going with the final 8X super jackpot lit... just needed to collect or at least stay alive and get out of the city... and I drained...
It went to junk from there and I never even made it out of the city.

That’s called going on tilt haha. This is what makes this game so good. You’re always trying to do “the thing”, and every collect makes you wonder if you could have done more.

#12395 1 year ago
Quoted from Beyndtstng:

How do you get them that high, is it just a matter of completing everything in the city then keep playing it longer instead of switching cities?
Thnx for the tips in advance

#12396 1 year ago
Quoted from awesome1:

I can feel it coming!

After two weeks, i finnaly passed the 1B , and went to 1,3B.... and found it already a big achievement! hahahahahaha

#12397 1 year ago

350+ plays on my Premium. Nothing higher than 500 million. I guess I suck afterfall. At least I don't feel like I suck and I enjoy every game. Even the 50 million point games. I guess I'll have to finally watch one of those videos that show you how to get 1 billion.

#12398 1 year ago
Quoted from Shuoink:

How do you get them that high, is it just a matter of completing everything in the city then keep playing it longer instead of switching cities?
Thnx for the tips in advance

Check out this tutorial I did while visiting chrome candy. Start at the 32:00 mark. There’s a very good description and example of the annihilation and carnage bonus scoring. That is how you get the big scores in the game. I also started a post where I’m giving out all my strategies for the game… AND IT’S ALL FREE!

Pinside post: How to score a billion on GZ… and more!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-score-a-billion-on-godzilla-and-more#post-6986278

One of three tutorial videos:

#12399 1 year ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

350+ plays on my Premium. Nothing higher than 500 million. I guess I suck afterfall. At least I don't feel like I suck and I enjoy every game. Even the 50 million point games. I guess I'll have to finally watch one of those videos that show you how to get 1 billion.

I would highly suggest you follow up on your last statement. The game is fun no matter what you are scoring… it is just more fun when get to that billion and beyond!

#12400 1 year ago
Quoted from Beyndtstng:

I would highly suggest you follow up on your last statement. The game is fun no matter what you are scoring… it is just more fun when get to that billion and beyond!

Yes. You are the person I was talking about. Love your average score! Jeez! Will be watching this ASAP. Thanks

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Gov's Mods

10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Walton, KY
$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 210.00
Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
BomberMods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

€ 178.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

There are 27,319 posts in this topic. You are on page 248 of 547.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/248?hl=rdoyle1978 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.