gdz opto receiver (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_215256_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1439 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408-172718 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240408-172819 (resized).png
IMG_0307 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5052 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,333 posts in this topic. You are on page 242 of 547.
#12051 1 year ago
Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

Did my mothra lose a wing in battle or is Mothra supposed to be missing part of her wing?
[quoted image]

That's battle damage!

#12052 1 year ago
Quoted from bloodonthepins:

Anyone have mirror blades installed in their Godzilla? I have some to install that are actual pieces of polished metal, but I'm worried about the clearance of the playfield. I'm also not crazy about the idea of having to screw these into the sides of the cabinet. Anyone have any tips on the mirror blades issue?

You might want to consider using some super thin double sided tape instead of screwing them in.

ATack Extra Sticky Clear... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0856246YY

I use this tape to re-stick art blades if they peel up. Very very effective.

0C3F62D6-51EF-40ED-983C-87BFC3602100 (resized).jpeg0C3F62D6-51EF-40ED-983C-87BFC3602100 (resized).jpegBF481580-40D1-4379-B63F-F4CB61AD940B (resized).jpegBF481580-40D1-4379-B63F-F4CB61AD940B (resized).jpeg
#12053 1 year ago
Quoted from wywin:

That's battle damage!

That's what I thought. Had the game two weeks and just noticed curious if it came that way or if a ball flew and hit it at some point. Wing is not on the playfield I'll check the cabinet tomorrow thanks for the info.
I'll check the marketplace somebody probably made a mod anyway as opposed to possibly waiting who knows how long from Stern to get a replacement plastic.

#12054 1 year ago

Joined the club today. FINALLY!
Played a GZ-LE Dec 10th at a launch party. Ordered a Premium on December 13th. Distro told me "You'll be in my August allocation", and continued to tell me my position in his roster as the months rolled along. Was still agonizing.
Found this thread in mid January and have read every post. A million thanks to those of you who are regular contributors. You have helped me learn, made me laugh, and helped me keep my sanity as I waited anxiously for 7 months. I have learned a ton and am excited to join a community of such friendly, helpful and patient people. I must have 40 bookmarks to refer back to for settings, adjustments, fixes and so forth. And, like others, I have a closet full of mods that will take some time to get after. GZ Prem. Born June 18, 2022. Glass comes off nice and smooth. Only about 20 plays in, but it seems to be playing perfectly. Thanks again to all of you offering amazing help, advice, support and mods.

NIB GZ 6-28-22 (resized).jpgNIB GZ 6-28-22 (resized).jpg
#12055 1 year ago
Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

Did my mothra lose a wing in battle or is Mothra supposed to be missing part of her wing?
[quoted image]

no yours is broken. a hell of an airball. good opportunity to replace with a toy mothra?

#12056 1 year ago

Man I am loving this game...

Put up a new GC... Had 24 loops in the game also, 6 of which were consecutive...

This game is a flow monster unlike anything

Screenshot_20220629-000759_Photos (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220629-000759_Photos (resized).jpg
#12057 1 year ago
Quoted from Jeffswack:

Fix; loose cn19 connector! Thanks for the help folks

Glad that worked (Facebook post)
That orange connector my first pin, my first switch troubleshooting experience

#12058 1 year ago
Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

That's what I thought. Had the game two weeks and just noticed curious if it came that way or if a ball flew and hit it at some point. Wing is not on the playfield I'll check the cabinet tomorrow thanks for the info.
I'll check the marketplace somebody probably made a mod anyway as opposed to possibly waiting who knows how long from Stern to get a replacement plastic.

Hard to see how an air ball would have made it up there. I would contact Stern. It might not be that long to get a plastic and my bet is something happened during assembly and got missed or perhaps during delivery.

#12059 1 year ago

Is this normal? Even when pushed towards the back of the cabinet, the blades cover the washer that holds the flipper button assembly. This doesn't look ok..[quoted image]

Yes, that’s normal. Just loosen the screw and slide the blade under the washer. I’m not really sure why that washer is there, never had a flipper nut back off on me. There’s also a copper bracket with two screws that may interfere with the blades. You can remove it and put it in the coin box.

#12060 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Yes, that’s normal. Just loosen the screw and slide the blade under the washer. I’m not really sure why that washer is there, never had a flipper nut back off on me. There’s also a copper bracket with two screws that may interfere with the blades. You can remove it and put it in the coin box.

This seems to be the simplest solution. Thanks to everyone who replied. Can't wait to see the look of this pin with the mirrors.

#12061 1 year ago
Quoted from bulletbait:

Unfortunately the hard flooring wasn't my issue. Fortunately (?) I did finally nail down the issue. The jackhammer noise is being created by the U shaped casing around the motor banging against it while the motor shakes. I jammed a couple thick pieces of cardboard in the gap between the casing and the motor and the jackhammer noise is all but gone, though that feels incredibly janky as a solution. The casing is secured to the motor on one side by some Phillips head screws, but the other side isn't secured at all and you can flex it away from the motor if you pull on it. The motor shakes enough to get it flapping back and forth apparently. I'm guessing this is what the bolt running through the top of the PinballLife shakers is preventing and why people fix rattling issues with those by tightening it. Posting here just in case anyone else has similar issues with the OEM Stern shaker and is okay with a crappy fix. I'm going to head over to the tech forums to see if anyone else has had this problem and found a better fix than jamming stuff into it.

Same issue as well as annoying squeak that will not go away since week 1. Tried silicone lube and it works briefly, I have not seen or heard of anything that will fix it.

#12063 1 year ago
Quoted from El_Patron:

Same issue as well as annoying squeak that will not go away since week 1. Tried silicone lube and it works briefly, I have not seen or heard of anything that will fix it.

I tried a spray-on dry lube that only worked temporarily, too, and I was wondering if silicone grease would be better. Which silicone lube did you use? I was thinking about buying Super Lube to try. It's cheap so I will probably do that, but I am beginning to believe that it's a losing battle and the only way to get rid of the squeak is to replace the entire shaker.

#12064 1 year ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Hard to see how an air ball would have made it up there. I would contact Stern. It might not be that long to get a plastic and my bet is something happened during assembly and got missed or perhaps during delivery.

Agree, wasn't sure how an airball could have hit that. I emailed stern, who directed me to contact my disti, sent my disti a message and waiting on their response.
"Please contact your distributor and they'll be able to submit an order for a new plastics set.
The part number is 803-5000-T7. "

#12065 1 year ago

This seems to be the simplest solution. Thanks to everyone who replied. Can't wait to see the look of this pin with the mirrors.

I have mirror blades on my premium. They look fantastic. I like them much better than the art blades.

#12066 1 year ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

Finally got to play Godzilla Premium today!
Put a few games on it. Not sure what I did here but I had a great few balls. Had a 4 ball multi-ball going on which was nice!

Richard

At least you can keep busy while waiting for your CCr LE to arrive

#12067 1 year ago
Quoted from Palmer:

I have mirror blades on my premium. They look fantastic. I like them much better than the art blades.

Mirror blades always look better, it gives a wide dimension to the pinball machine. it's absolutely a must have.

#12068 1 year ago
Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

[quoted image]

Nope, that wing was clipped.

#12069 1 year ago
Quoted from Palmer:

I have to agree. Holy crap.

PXL_20220629_171222216 (resized).jpgPXL_20220629_171222216 (resized).jpgPXL_20220629_171238181 (resized).jpgPXL_20220629_171238181 (resized).jpgPXL_20220629_171311868 (resized).jpgPXL_20220629_171311868 (resized).jpg
#12070 1 year ago
Quoted from Days:

Mirror blades always look better, it gives a wide dimension to the pinball machine. it's absolutely a must have.

I agree. Art blades look like wallpaper border for a kid's bedroom most of the time. Would rather just have stock black or mirror blades.

#12071 1 year ago

I have to agree. Holy crap.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

i just ordered the same convlux color, same post protectors color and the rubbers also transparent. Will get all that next week!
Nice to see it will look great.

#12072 1 year ago

I have to agree. Holy crap.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That really does look outstanding. I've got the art blades on mine and really like what they add because I think they're exceptional and sometimes find the mirror blades can be a little disorienting to my tiny brain when the light show really gets going. Can't go wrong either way on this pin imo it's gorgeous regardless

#12073 1 year ago

If you want to watch some Godzilla movies...

PBS has a couple. One advertisement before it starts, then it plays through, worked on a firestick. This one is great, has lots of monsters including baby G
https://www.pbs.org/video/destroy-all-monsters-1968-mbr9ab/

Archive.org has quite a few of the old ones too. I noticed the pin uses a quite a bit of stock footage from Godzilla vs Mothra. Terror of Mechagodzilla has his multiball start video.

https://archive.org/details/ghidorah-2k-restored
https://archive.org/download/godzilla-raids-again-1955-japanese-version-criterion-collection-bdrip
https://archive.org/details/TerrorOfMechagodzilla

Xiliens are in this one
https://archive.org/details/invasion-of-astro-monster-japanese-version-criterion

#12074 1 year ago
Quoted from PoopsMagee:

That really does look outstanding. I've got the art blades on mine and really like what they add because I think they're exceptional and sometimes find the mirror blades can be a little disorienting to my tiny brain when the light show really gets going. Can't go wrong either way on this pin imo it's gorgeous regardless

I'm normally in the mirror blade camp, but for some reason, I like the atmosphere the art blades provide on GZ a little more. Like you said you can't go wrong either way

#12075 1 year ago

2 days into it and I broke the billion mark! This game has so much more to give. Love, love, loving it!

IMG_20220629_172556682 (resized).jpgIMG_20220629_172556682 (resized).jpg
#12076 1 year ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

2 days into it and I broke the billion mark! This game has so much more to give. Love, love, loving it!
[quoted image]

Congrats! Check out this pinside topic for how to keep scoring more. I’ll be posting some quick strats soon.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-score-a-billion-on-godzilla-and-more

#12077 1 year ago
Quoted from barakandl:

If you want to watch some Godzilla movies...
PBS has a couple. One advertisement before it starts, then it plays through, worked on a firestick. This one is great, has lots of monsters including baby G
https://www.pbs.org/video/destroy-all-monsters-1968-mbr9ab/
Archive.org has quite a few of the old ones too. I noticed the pin uses a quite a bit of stock footage from Godzilla vs Mothra. Terror of Mechagodzilla has his multiball start video.
https://archive.org/details/ghidorah-2k-restored
https://archive.org/download/godzilla-raids-again-1955-japanese-version-criterion-collection-bdrip
https://archive.org/details/TerrorOfMechagodzilla
Xiliens are in this one
https://archive.org/details/invasion-of-astro-monster-japanese-version-criterion

They are all part of the "free on YouTube with ads" also
Almost the whole collection, fyi

#12078 1 year ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I'm normally in the mirror blade camp, but for some reason, I like the atmosphere the art blades provide on GZ a little more. Like you said you can't go wrong either way

Totally. I really love the ZY art blades (have them on my premium and I feel like it ties in so nicely), but the mirror blades look killer too.

Can’t really go wrong. My brother is a professional artist and the first thing he said when he saw GZ in person was how beautiful the artwork was. Like everything else on this pin it’s a home run.

#12079 1 year ago
Quoted from Shuoink:

They are all part of the "free on YouTube with ads" also
Almost the whole collection, fyi

If you don't want ads, you can just subscribe to HBO for a month. They have almost or all of the movies through terror of mecha. Or Criterion has their own service (they own the rights to all these movies). Their platform is worse but some movies they offer multiple versions of (Japanese, American, Japanese w/English dub) note I'm pretty sure it's impossible to find all the movies with English dub. Most I watched with subtitles.

#12080 1 year ago

Last month I got on a waiting list for a premium. I was told sometime in 2023 (no problem). Question is, will Stern actually keep making Godzilla for another year? I understand they are backed up on many titles, so is it realistic to expect them to keep making this game?

#12081 1 year ago

GZ is Elwin's 4th game. They recently just re-ran Iron Maiden, his first game. No worry, GZ will be produced for a while.

#12082 1 year ago

I personally feel like they'll be making Godzilla for quite a while, at least until demand subsides or shifts to some new title. It sure isn't going to Rush.

Quoted from Vyzer2:

Last month I got on a waiting list for a premium. I was told sometime in 2023 (no problem). Question is, will Stern actually keep making Godzilla for another year? I understand they are backed up on many titles, so is it realistic to expect them to keep making this game?

#12083 1 year ago

Where is the scoop supposed to eject the ball to and what power setting do you have it at? Mine came from factory at full power and ejects hard to left flipper bounces to right flipper and up to the top of left sling. Is that correct? If so I got some practicing to do lol!

#12084 1 year ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

They typically get a license for at least 3 years. I can guarantee they make this game well past the end of 2023.

#12085 1 year ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

Where is the scoop supposed to eject the ball to and what power setting do you have it at? Mine came from factory at full power and ejects hard to left flipper bounces to right flipper and up to the top of left sling. Is that correct? If so I got some practicing to do lol!

It's your machine! I think many people choose to turn it down. Mine is turned down to the point where it bounces off left flipper, rolls up right inlane to trigger switch, and then back down..

I also have turned auto plunge down because it was getting stuck behind mechagodzilla (jumping the shooter lane wall). I found if it's not powerful enough to hit magnet at bridge, I can have a choice if I want to hit it or not (pre-empt auto plunge with full plunge). Usually I want to collect bridge/tank/magna grab, but maybe this is the last hit for bridge or tank and you don't want to start those models yet.

#12086 1 year ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

I turned my down to like 200 I think it was. Might be cheating, but the scoop kick out is a lot more consistent. Can usually let it bounce of a dead left flipper and then get a nice setup on the right side.

#12087 1 year ago
Quoted from Beyndtstng:

Congrats! Check out this pinside topic for how to keep scoring more. I’ll be posting some quick strats soon.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-score-a-billion-on-godzilla-and-more

I read through all the comments on that thread, I haven't had a chance to watch any of the videos yet, looking forward to it. Just tough to pull myself away from this game during the honeymoon phase.

#12088 1 year ago

My one problem with my Godzilla Premium right now is one out of every five shots to the building roof gets lost, somehow. Lock is lit, I make the shot, and the ball doesn't come out on top. The game will then cycle through, doing its thing trying to locate the ball (I can hear the VUK firing), but no ball. It'll cycle like this three or four times until it gives up, and I lose that turn (ball.)

The next ball, if I shoot through the building, both balls will be kicked up to the roof, counting as ball one lock. This means that by time I lock the third ball, there are four balls on the roof.

Any idea what the problem might be?

#12089 1 year ago

Loop mania!!! So I'm running 6.8 degrees at the flippers... I bumped the upper left flipper power 10 points over default to 178. Man what a difference, consistent strong loops hugging the rail wall.. had 6 in a row my last GC with 24 loops in that game alone.

Give it a try!

#12090 1 year ago

My one problem with my Godzilla Premium right now is one out of every five shots to the building roof gets lost, somehow. Lock is lit, I make the shot, and the ball doesn't come out on top. The game will then cycle through, doing its thing trying to locate the ball (I can hear the VUK firing), but no ball. It'll cycle like this three or four times until it gives up, and I lose that turn (ball.)
The next ball, if I shoot through the building, both balls will be kicked up to the roof, counting as ball one lock. This means that by time I lock the third ball, there are four balls on the roof.

Playfield leveled properly, and is the building aligned vertically? Is first floor level with the playfield? You can go into game settings and try raising it up or down a hair. Seems like it's not making it to vuk and the next ball pushes it a long

#12091 1 year ago

Spent about 15 mins getting my machine near exactly level with a digital level (I think I stopped fiddling at .05 degrees off) and I'll reiterate what I've seen others say about the Godzilla multiball drop -- way better about not going SDTM. They mostly hit the tip of the left flipper and are playable vs. dead dropping right down the middle. When I first started leveling I think I was ~0.6 degrees toward the right.

#12092 1 year ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Loop mania!!! So I'm running 6.8 degrees at the flippers... I bumped the upper left flipper power 10 points over default to 178. Man what a difference, consistent strong loops hugging the rail wall.. had 6 in a row my last GC with 24 loops in that game alone.
Give it a try!

I’ve thought about increasing the power to that flipper. Seems quite weak to me.

#12093 1 year ago

Check if the solenoid is aligned perfectly straight up and down. If it’s bent or angled (even slightly) it can fail to launch the ball high enough to clear.

This was the case with my Attack From Mars when I first got it NiB from the factory.

#12094 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

Playfield leveled properly, and is the building aligned vertically? Is first floor level with the playfield? You can go into game settings and try raising it up or down a hair. Seems like it's not making it to vuk and the next ball pushes it a long

What do you mean by vertically aligned? The playfield is level horizontally. It's strange that these balls wouldn't make it to the VUK, as some of these shots through the building have been at high velocity.

The first floor is flush with the playfield also.

#12095 1 year ago

What do you mean by vertically aligned? The playfield is level horizontally. It's strange that these balls wouldn't make it to the VUK, as some of these shots through the building have been at high velocity.
The first floor is flush with the playfield also.

Try turning the power down on that VUK. I've heard others say it's sending it up there too hard and gets rejected. Mine usually shoots it up there on the second shot, haven't taken the time yet to adjust it personally.luck

#12096 1 year ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

Try turning the power down on that VUK. I've heard others say it's sending it up there too hard and gets rejected. Mine usually shoots it up there on the second shot, haven't taken the time yet to adjust it personally.luck

I did this a few days back, and it seems to have only changed the problem. The ball used to get kicked up when the game cycled through the ball search when it was at factory setting, but now it stays lost.

What's odd is this isn't happening with every ball sent through the building, some get kicked up no problem. I'll be checking the alignment of the coil bracket as suggested by dashv , hopefully that'll help.

#12097 1 year ago

I did this a few days back, and it seems to have only changed the problem. The ball used to get kicked up when the game cycled through the ball search when it was at factory setting, but now it stays lost.
What's odd is this isn't happening with every ball sent through the building, some get kicked up no problem. I'll be checking the alignment of the coil bracket as suggested by dashv , hopefully that'll help.

Going to guess if your building is flush along with everything else and the ball drops into the hole behind the building...theres an obstruction underneath the PF even before reaching the vuk. Havent looked at it underneath in a while, but it should be a little cage that guides the ball to the far back. And the way you're describing it, if you hear the VUK fire in the ball search but dont hear the ball fall back down...then its just firing blanks. The second ball would help continue it down its path. Something might be either squeezed in that cage or a loose screw or something thats not letting the ball pass.

#12098 1 year ago
Quoted from dashv:

I’ve thought about increasing the power to that flipper. Seems quite weak to me.

I tried everything at the start in trying to dial that loop inwithout going over 168 default, I noticed the ball would always fall away from the wall after loop 2 or 3 and get rattly... So thinking about the physics the ball is basically running out of centrifugal force and allowing gravity and centripetal force to pull the ball away from the wall through the end of the teardrop loop due to its lack of speed from my elevated 6.8 degrees of pitch over the default 6.5. ..so just the little bit of power increase was just key in giving the ball an added oomph to get around the loop consistently without getting too wild. That and I think the rails become a little bit more broken in and a little smoother the more time the machine has on it

#12099 1 year ago

Hi guys,

Where I can find side armor good pics?

I'm really whiling to buy, but I want to check it first.
The picture at Stern site didn't show it close. Unable to check the details...

Thanks for helping

#12100 1 year ago
Quoted from iure_DJX:

Hi guys,
Where I can find side armor good pics?
I'm really whiling to buy, but I want to check it first.
The picture at Stern site didn't show it close. Unable to check the details...
Thanks for helping

Search this forum for keyword "armor".

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club?tq=armor&tu=

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Gov's Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Dacula, GA
$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Austin, MN
$ 210.00
9,000 (OBO)
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
BomberMods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

€ 178.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

There are 27,333 posts in this topic. You are on page 242 of 547.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/242?hl=dashv and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.