Screenshot_20240408_215256_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1439 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408-172718 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240408-172819 (resized).png
IMG_0307 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5052 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,318 posts in this topic. You are on page 241 of 547.
#12001 1 year ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

Just got 4.7 Billion and it does not show up on isider, I was logged in

If it makes you feel better, I lost a 13 billion game similarly. Just do it again!

#12002 1 year ago
Quoted from Beyndtstng:

If it makes you feel better, I lost a 13 billion game similarly. Just do it again!

13 Billion

#12003 1 year ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

I've been in email communication with Stern Techs over Insider Connected (and the leaderboard) not showing all game scores played the last week or so. They are looking into it...

#12004 1 year ago

Unfortunately the hard flooring wasn't my issue. Fortunately (?) I did finally nail down the issue. The jackhammer noise is being created by the U shaped casing around the motor banging against it while the motor shakes. I jammed a couple thick pieces of cardboard in the gap between the casing and the motor and the jackhammer noise is all but gone, though that feels incredibly janky as a solution. The casing is secured to the motor on one side by some Phillips head screws, but the other side isn't secured at all and you can flex it away from the motor if you pull on it. The motor shakes enough to get it flapping back and forth apparently. I'm guessing this is what the bolt running through the top of the PinballLife shakers is preventing and why people fix rattling issues with those by tightening it. Posting here just in case anyone else has similar issues with the OEM Stern shaker and is okay with a crappy fix. I'm going to head over to the tech forums to see if anyone else has had this problem and found a better fix than jamming stuff into it.

#12005 1 year ago
Quoted from bulletbait:

Unfortunately the hard flooring wasn't my issue. Fortunately (?) I did finally nail down the issue. The jackhammer noise is being created by the U shaped casing around the motor banging against it while the motor shakes. I jammed a couple thick pieces of cardboard in the gap between the casing and the motor and the jackhammer noise is all but gone, though that feels incredibly janky as a solution. The casing is secured to the motor on one side by some Phillips head screws, but the other side isn't secured at all and you can flex it away from the motor if you pull on it. The motor shakes enough to get it flapping back and forth apparently. I'm guessing this is what the bolt running through the top of the PinballLife shakers is preventing and why people fix rattling issues with those by tightening it. Posting here just in case anyone else has similar issues with the OEM Stern shaker and is okay with a crappy fix. I'm going to head over to the tech forums to see if anyone else has had this problem and found a better fix than jamming stuff into it.

Despite a very comprehensive description I'm still having a tough time imagining where you're putting the cardboard. Do you have a picture of it? I've dealt with the same thing with my shaker motors so I'd be very interested in a fix if you've found one (other than adjusting the weights to significantly reduce the force of the shaking, somewhat defeating the purpose). Either way if you find a good solution and have the chance to report back I'd be grateful. Love the shaker motor, hate the jackhammer effect.

#12006 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

So just to be clear. You selected software update, then selected download updates automatically, and after checking, the game said .96 is up to date?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Yep! Never got it to show up. I ended up just downloading from the site to a USB drive.

#12007 1 year ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

Same thing happened to me yesterday.

#12008 1 year ago
Quoted from bloodonthepins:

Anyone have mirror blades installed in their Godzilla? I have some to install that are actual pieces of polished metal, but I'm worried about the clearance of the playfield. I'm also not crazy about the idea of having to screw these into the sides of the cabinet. Anyone have any tips on the mirror blades issue?

I'm interested in seeing pictures of this. I've seriously been considering putting mirror blades on my Pro. Seems like it'd be great.

#12009 1 year ago
Quoted from PoopsMagee:

Despite a very comprehensive description I'm still having a tough time imagining where you're putting the cardboard. Do you have a picture of it? I've dealt with the same thing with my shaker motors so I'd be very interested in a fix if you've found one (other than adjusting the weights to significantly reduce the force of the shaking, somewhat defeating the purpose). Either way if you find a good solution and have the chance to report back I'd be grateful. Love the shaker motor, hate the jackhammer effect.

Edit: If you're a future reader don't be dumb like me and do something better/safer, like the cable tie fix a few posts down

Yep for sure, disclaimer: I have no idea what I'm doing, really, and I can't guarantee this isn't a terrible idea that will burn down your house etc. I've also currently got both a piece of cardboard (from the Stern packaging) and a small instructional booklet wedged in right now, rather than two pieces of cardboard. Basically I flexed the casing away from the motor with my hand and shoved the fillers in as much as I could without damaging the wire connectors. It hasn't 100% resolved the issue, but it is way way better than it was. It only rattles just a little bit on the most extreme rumbles of the game. I'm guessing a better solution might be to drill your own holes and put your own threaded bolt through the top like I've seen that other shakers have, but I'm not really well equipped to try that at the moment.
PXL_20220628_182825667 (resized).jpgPXL_20220628_182825667 (resized).jpg

#12010 1 year ago

Just got a premium over the weekend. Is there any adjustment for the ball release from the roof of the building? The balls just go straight down the drain. The game seems to be level left/right.

#12011 1 year ago
Quoted from riggy469:

Just got a premium over the weekend. Is there any adjustment for the ball release from the roof of the building? The balls just go straight down the drain. The game seems to be level left/right.

I got this mod and it helps a ton: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1368-hurryuppinball/05681-godzilla-prem-le-building-mod-multi-ball-sdtm-fix

#12012 1 year ago
Quoted from bulletbait:

Yep for sure, disclaimer: I have no idea what I'm doing, really, and I can't guarantee this isn't a terrible idea that will burn down your house etc. I've also currently got both a piece of cardboard (from the Stern packaging) and a small instructional booklet wedged in right now, rather than two pieces of cardboard. Basically I flexed the casing away from the motor with my hand and shoved the fillers in as much as I could without damaging the wire connectors. It hasn't 100% resolved the issue, but it is way way better than it was. It only rattles just a little bit on the most extreme rumbles of the game. I'm guessing a better solution might be to drill your own holes and put your own threaded bolt through the top like I've seen that other shakers have, but I'm not really well equipped to try that at the moment.[quoted image]

I'm no electrician, but that looks like a possible fire hazard what you rigged up there. I'd be really concerened about an arcing wire, heat, what no..not to mention you're operating that flywheel without the cover on...if one accidentally gave way, consider those things as projectile bullets...could destroy/short something under the playfield or worse, injur someone if the playfield was up and it activated /separated....

#12013 1 year ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I'm no electrician, but that looks like a possible fire hazard what you rigged up there.

Haha yeah, I'm not going to keep it in for long, mostly just to illustrate where the rattling is happening and what needs tightened up to stop it. At this point I'm leaning toward just eating the cost and buying a PinballLife shaker that has the cross bolt that you can tighten to keep things snug.

#12014 1 year ago
Quoted from bulletbait:

Haha yeah, I'm not going to keep it in for long, mostly just to illustrate where the rattling is happening and what needs tightened up to stop it. At this point I'm leaning toward just eating the cost and buying a PinballLife shaker that has the cross bolt that you can tighten to keep things snug.

What about just drilling two holes in the top of the braacket and running a bolt with a locknut across it, then you can tighten the frame squeezing the motor in place

#12015 1 year ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

What about just drilling two holes in the top of the braacket and running a bolt with a locknut across it, then you can tighten the frame squeezing the motor in place

I think I'm gonna try this actually... seems like it'd be a more stable fix

#12016 1 year ago
Quoted from PoopsMagee:

Just make sure the bolt head clears the flyweights and I think you'lll be good to go

#12017 1 year ago
Quoted from riggy469:

Mine is level left/right at the top of the playfield, and at the bottom as well, and the balls all hit the tip of the left flipper when they come down. Sometimes one ball drains. Didn't Elwin say the drain was by design to avoid hitting the building as it goes back up?

#12018 1 year ago

Mine is level left/right at the top of the playfield, and at the bottom as well, and the balls all hit the tip of the left flipper when they come down. Sometimes one ball drains. Didn't Elwin say the drain was by design to avoid hitting the building as it goes back up?

Supposed to be by design. Gives the building time to reset to prevent the balls from beating that wall to death from what I understood. If you want to adjust it slightly anyway, you can loosen the screws and shift the plastic slightly, then retighten. Believe a small enough shift should change their trajectory

#12019 1 year ago

It's not a good feeling though, especially for a visiting guest who doesn't understand its 'by design' and they get excited about reaching the multiball only to go stdm. You also can get more shots with the ball saver up if they don't drain right away...

On mine if i hit the flippers at just the right time i can save 1-3 of the, but usually at least 1 goes down, which bothers me. Think I'll install the mod, since it's not reaching its 'intended design' anyway (since they don't usually ALL go stdm, at least for me)

#12020 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

It's not a good feeling though, especially for a visiting guest who doesn't understand its 'by design' and they get excited about reaching the multiball only to go stdm. You also can get more shots with the ball saver up if they don't drain right away...
On mine if i hit the flippers at just the right time i can save 1-3 of the, but usually at least 1 goes down, which bothers me. Think I'll install the mod, since it's not reaching its 'intended design' anyway (since they don't usually ALL go stdm, at least for me)

It is the intended design. Hundreds of pages back Keith chimed in on the discussion. Makes sense. It also all about leveling.

#12021 1 year ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

It is the intended design. Hundreds of pages back Keith chimed in on the discussion. Makes sense. It also all about leveling.

Yes, I understand its intended design, and acknowledged that. Does not make me like it more, going to change it for the reasons i listed (which i suspect are same reasons others are changing, even understanding that its intentional

#12022 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

Quoted from Sorokyl:

Yes, I understand its intended design, and acknowledged that. Does not make me like it more, going to change it for the reasons i listed (which i suspect are same reasons others are changing, even understanding that its intentional

My Premium is leveled, leveled again and again and I still get STDM about 99% of the time.

The simple 'fix' I did was to remove the (2) plastic pieces in front of the building that the balls roll out onto and place a thin washer under the right side securing screw and then reinstall the plastic pieces. This gives the plastic a very slight lean to the left and allows the balls to just hit the tip of the left flipper with the flipper up most of the time. One will usually still go STDM, but this did help in my case and made the game more enjoyable.

#12023 1 year ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I'm no electrician, but that looks like a possible fire hazard what you rigged up there. I'd be really concerened about an arcing wire, heat, what no..not to mention you're operating that flywheel without the cover on...if one accidentally gave way, consider those things as projectile bullets...could destroy/short something under the playfield or worse, injur someone if the playfield was up and it activated /separated....

Quoted from PoopsMagee:

Yep agreed re: safety, I only have the cover off because I've had to fiddle with it so much the last two days, it'll go back on now that I've found a better fix.

New fix, 100% less fire hazard, completely eliminated the jackhammer effect for me so far through a few games. 14" cable tie wrapped around the very top of the casing/frame, pulled as tight as possible with pliers:
PXL_20220628_210026609 (1) (resized).jpgPXL_20220628_210026609 (1) (resized).jpg

We'll see how well it holds up over time, but it took about 30 seconds to put on and they're about 25 cents a piece, so even if I have to put a new one on every once in awhile I think it'll work for me.

#12024 1 year ago
Quoted from bulletbait:

Yep agreed re: safety, I only have the cover off because I've had to fiddle with it so much the last two days, it'll go back on now that I've found a better fix.
New fix, 100% less fire hazard, completely eliminated the jackhammer effect for me so far through a few games. 14" cable tie wrapped around the very top of the casing/frame, pulled as tight as possible with pliers:
[quoted image]
We'll see how well it holds up over time, but it took about 30 seconds to put on and they're about 25 cents a piece, so even if I have to put a new one on every once in awhile I think it'll work for me.

Love it, and good to know.... just ordered a Shaker the other day..

Quoted from riggy469:

Mine also, glad it's not just me..I do see where ppl mention its by design, that's fine but it should be mentioned somewhere in the manual or something.. do agree it's not as fun.. the ones I have played in public places don't stdm but they might not be as level.
Great questions and answers for new owners in this thread!

#12025 1 year ago
Quoted from bulletbait:

[quoted image]

please buy flush cuts

#12026 1 year ago

Also, JUST GIVE THE PIN A NUDGE AS THE BALLS RELEASE FOR MULTIBALL, THEY WILL HIT THE FLIPPERS.

Sorry for yelling, but holy cow
Also, if you only save one or two, you get the chance off the bat to actually make a shot instead of flailing to make a shot with other balls in the way.

#12027 1 year ago

Trying this look for awhile

E3F38189-E7EA-4134-803C-18C726B39386 (resized).jpegE3F38189-E7EA-4134-803C-18C726B39386 (resized).jpegE9E31281-3B42-47F3-80C8-95A5AF25AF2A (resized).jpegE9E31281-3B42-47F3-80C8-95A5AF25AF2A (resized).jpeg
#12028 1 year ago
Quoted from bulletbait:

[quoted image]

That should work well, zip ties are like duct tape, 1 million uses

#12029 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

Think of it this way, it’s the only mb that I know of in pinball that takes a level of skill to play it while a ball save in running.

Shake the machine a little during the drop or figure out what flipper they are close to and get a good single slap save in there. I usually can keep at least one ball going.

#12030 1 year ago

In the newest code, on ball 3 how do you light the OD? I see it flashing but when the ball drain on the right I don't get the option for the ball save shot. Does the OD insert need to be steadily lit or flashing for that option to kick in?

#12031 1 year ago

Has anyone had a problem with insider connect being super flaky as far as staying connected to the Internet? Having issues connecting it now, tried resetting the router, restarting the game, etc.

#12032 1 year ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

In the newest code, on ball 3 how do you light the OD? I see it flashing but when the ball drain on the right I don't get the option for the ball save shot. Does the OD insert need to be steadily lit or flashing for that option to kick in?

It should trigger automatically. You may want to check your switch for that Outlane and make sure it’s registering.

#12033 1 year ago

It will not trigger if the ball would be saved by another ball save -- might be what you're seeing.

#12034 1 year ago
Quoted from atg1469:

It should trigger automatically. You may want to check your switch for that Outlane and make sure it’s registering.

Quoted from MutterFudder:

It will not trigger if the ball would be saved by another ball save -- might be what you're seeing.

Switch is working fine, no other ball saves active. When it drains it's game over. Does the insert stay lit or flash when ready? I have only ever seen flashing.

#12035 1 year ago

Flashing -- never seen it solid.

Possible it's disabled if you're on competition or something like that?

#12036 1 year ago

Switch is working fine, no other ball saves active. When it drains it's game over. Does the insert stay lit or flash when ready? I have only ever seen flashing.

Flash. Play with it with glass off. Go to ball 3 and push switch

#12037 1 year ago
Quoted from MutterFudder:

Flashing -- never seen it solid.
Possible it's disabled if you're on competition or something like that?

Quoted from Sorokyl:

Flash. Play with it with glass off. Go to ball 3 and push switch

Ok glass off, intentionally drained first two balls then took ball three with no ball savers on and let it roll over switch in the out lane and now it worked lol go figure.

Maybe speed thru the lane makes a difference as some of my drains were bullets? Who knows but it works. Thanks all.

#12038 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Yep! Never got it to show up. I ended up just downloading from the site to a USB drive.

Me too. It said .96 was up to date.

Quoted from fooflighter:

That should work well, zip ties are like duct tape, 1 million uses

I would go with the duct tape. It will stay put. Those zip ties could shake loose over time and slip down. If they get caught up in the moving parts then it could be disastrous. Edit:Duct tape over the zip ties.

I also don’t like how my shaker is functioning and plan to swap it out with the one in my avengers.

#12039 1 year ago

Finally got to play Godzilla Premium today!
Put a few games on it. Not sure what I did here but I had a great few balls. Had a 4 ball multi-ball going on which was nice!

Richard

25418CDF-A576-42A5-B748-DC0AA8861BB9 (resized).jpeg25418CDF-A576-42A5-B748-DC0AA8861BB9 (resized).jpeg
#12040 1 year ago

I've had a premium since launch but recently my pop bumper stopped functioning. Doesn't work in switch test or game Switch looks properly adjusted. Coil works in coil test.

Ideas?

#12041 1 year ago
Quoted from Jeffswack:

I've had a premium since launch but recently my pop bumper stopped functioning. Doesn't work in switch test or game Switch looks properly adjusted. Coil works in coil test.
Ideas?

If it works in coil test but the switch doesn’t register in switch test, that’s your answer. Lol.

In coil test the computer sends the signal to fire. If your switch isn’t registering, then nothing can send the signal in game to make it fire.

Switch properly adjusted you say? Spoon properly aligned and all that? Did you hook the switch up to a multi meter to test? Either you have a bad switch or the signal isn’t getting to the board. Wires still attached?

#12042 1 year ago
Quoted from damadczar:

If it works in coil test but the switch doesn’t register in switch test, that’s your answer. Lol.
In coil test the computer sends the signal to fire. If your switch isn’t registering, then nothing can send the signal in game to make it fire.
Switch properly adjusted you say? Spoon properly aligned and all that? Did you hook the switch up to a multi meter to test? Either you have a bad switch or the signal isn’t getting to the board. Wires still attached?

Unsure of spoon and need to bust out multimeter. First time I've had pop issues. Is there any wiki on pops out there?

#12043 1 year ago
Quoted from Jeffswack:

Unsure of spoon and need to bust out multimeter. First time I've had pop issues. Is there any wiki on pops out there?

Don’t think of it as a pops issue but a switch issue. Make sure when the ring is depressed, the switch is making good contact. And check the other aspects of the switch as just mentioned.

#12044 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

No tape needed.

Is this normal? Even when pushed towards the back of the cabinet, the blades cover the washer that holds the flipper button assembly. This doesn't look ok..

PXL_20220629_012356969 (resized).jpgPXL_20220629_012356969 (resized).jpg
#12045 1 year ago

Is this normal? Even when pushed towards the back of the cabinet, the blades cover the washer that holds the flipper button assembly. This doesn't look ok..[quoted image]

I would pull that screw and put the washer on top of the mirror blade then attach the screw if I were me. I had to do that on my mando. Have a set of the mirror blades for gz but I'm waiting to get most of the other mods in place first.

#12046 1 year ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

I would pull that screw and put the washer on top of the mirror blade then attach the screw if I were me. I had to do that on my mando. Have a set of the mirror blades for gz but I'm waiting to get most of the other mods in place first.

Why not relocate to the screw and washer?. Does it matter where it is to that goes on a button?

#12047 1 year ago
Quoted from bulletbait:

Edit: If you're a future reader don't be dumb like me and do something better/safer, like the cable tie fix a few posts down
Yep for sure, disclaimer: I have no idea what I'm doing, really, and I can't guarantee this isn't a terrible idea that will burn down your house etc. I've also currently got both a piece of cardboard (from the Stern packaging) and a small instructional booklet wedged in right now, rather than two pieces of cardboard. Basically I flexed the casing away from the motor with my hand and shoved the fillers in as much as I could without damaging the wire connectors. It hasn't 100% resolved the issue, but it is way way better than it was. It only rattles just a little bit on the most extreme rumbles of the game. I'm guessing a better solution might be to drill your own holes and put your own threaded bolt through the top like I've seen that other shakers have, but I'm not really well equipped to try that at the moment.
[quoted image]

If you can get the plastic casing on then it should be fine. The cardboard packing shouldn’t be a problem. As long as the arms aren’t obstructed then you don’t have a problem. Without the plastic guard if anything comes close to those arms it can cause a motor burn out or short. I’ve had it happen where the arm hit one of the contacts and it reset the machine every time. Get the plastic casing back on and it should be fine.

#12048 1 year ago
Quoted from Jeffswack:

Fix; loose cn19 connector! Thanks for the help folks

#12049 1 year ago
Quoted from zaki:

Why not relocate to the screw and washer?. Does it matter where it is to that goes on a button?

I would do the same. Just relocated the screw and washer.

#12050 1 year ago

Did my mothra lose a wing in battle or is Mothra supposed to be missing part of her wing?

20220628_235039 (resized).jpg20220628_235039 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Gov's Mods

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Austin, MN
$ 210.00
Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Loveland, CO
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
BomberMods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

€ 178.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 27,318 posts in this topic. You are on page 241 of 547.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/241?hl=1956pinhead and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.