Screenshot_20240408-172819 (resized).png
IMG_0307 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5052 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
4A684A67-61F1-4FF0-8236-BF6E38F58AE9 (resized).jpeg
pinside.66273470719090863a8972d23c0880d26136302f (resized).jpg
E8926C7A-0B80-451C-BFC6-B6F8BA766F07 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,296 posts in this topic. You are on page 239 of 546.
#11901 1 year ago

Hello again friends. My intermittent flipper points are back. During another game my flippers were racking up points. As soon as it started this time I went straight into test mode. I banged on the playfield to see if a switch would trip, but no luck. I did press the right button a few times and the left. I discovered holding either flipper in, makes the “right ramp made opto” switch to pop up. During gameplay that’s what the sound effect is when the points start regisowith flips, the right ramp sound. Somehow the flippers are setting off that opto…but how?
Also it seems every so often my right flipper puts up a dud. Not flipper fade, just a plain out dead shot with no power.

46DC3848-8422-4E1F-BADF-ECFF47726597 (resized).jpeg46DC3848-8422-4E1F-BADF-ECFF47726597 (resized).jpeg50BA8C3C-F001-4F50-A352-31B9D185FA41 (resized).jpeg50BA8C3C-F001-4F50-A352-31B9D185FA41 (resized).jpeg

#11902 1 year ago

The pro got better for Godzilla multiball, but the premium also got better. Man, when the building comes down... The new light show, the shaker motor, with upgraded speakers ... It's so cool. Think I would miss the bridge too. And mechagodzilla magnet is cool, but no one ever talks about it...

#11903 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

The pro got better for Godzilla multiball, but the premium also got better. Man, when the building comes down... The new light show, the shaker motor, with upgraded speakers ... It's so cool. Think I would miss the bridge too. And mechagodzilla magnet is cool, but no one ever talks about it...

The bridge and mecha magnet are two things I can do with out and non moving bld. is less future headache.So I am good with my pro!

#11904 1 year ago
Quoted from freddy:

The bridge and mecha magnet are two things I can do with out and non moving bld. is less future headache.So I am good with my pro!

Liar!

Lol

#11905 1 year ago
Quoted from Beyndtstng:

We are now live with the Godzilla tutorial. Don’t be shy, ask questions.
http://www.twitch.tv/ChromeCandyPinball

Will this be converted over to YouTube at some point? Much easier to book mark vs Twitch

#11906 1 year ago

I just made it to Level 4 power up, and quickly selected Monster Zero, without realizing I had also qualified Terror of Mechagodzilla. When did Terror go down to level 4 power up?

Anyway, first time doing either one of these new modes, very exciting game! Got my best score on the game so far.

signal-2022-06-25-21-54-57-744 (resized).jpgsignal-2022-06-25-21-54-57-744 (resized).jpg
#11907 1 year ago
Quoted from Magicmike0:

Hello again friends. My intermittent flipper points are back. During another game my flippers were racking up points. As soon as it started this time I went straight into test mode. I banged on the playfield to see if a switch would trip, but no luck. I did press the right button a few times and the left. I discovered holding either flipper in, makes the “right ramp opto made” switch to pop up. During gameplay that’s what the sound effect is, the right ramp. Somehow the flippers are setting off that opto…how?
Also it seems every so often my right flipper puts up a dud. Not flipper fade, just a plain out dead shot with no power.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Your two issues are probably not related.

Check to see if the opto is loose or not aligned properly. The vibration of the flip can shake the opto enough to set off the switch.

Flipper power could be EOS needs adjusted or bad coil stop, I replace all stern coil stops on new games because theirs are notoriously crappy parts and cause a lot of dust in the games among other issues (like yours sometimes).

#11908 1 year ago
Quoted from bloodonthepins:

I just made it to Level 4 power up, and quickly selected Monster Zero, without realizing I had also qualified Terror of Mechagodzilla. When did Terror go down to level 4 power up?

You can choose either as long as you've scored that multiball's super jackpot before collecting powerup 4. GZ multiball SJ for monster zero, mechaGZ multiball SJ for terror. If you have neither, powerup 4 defers til you do I believe.

#11909 1 year ago

If I’m battling ebirah and get the building multiball, the right spinner rotates out of the way (on the premium). Is there a way to beat ebirah while in the multiball?

#11910 1 year ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Will this be converted over to YouTube at some point? Much easier to book mark vs Twitch

I’ll ask him to do so. We may be doing another tutorial tomorrow morning around 9 am.

#11911 1 year ago
Quoted from scootss:

If I’m battling ebirah and get the building multiball, the right spinner rotates out of the way (on the premium). Is there a way to beat ebirah while in the multiball?

You’ll need to hit all three of those standups to spin it around for the add a ball and ebriah spinner.

#11912 1 year ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I was just hoping to get my premium before the end of the year, but Thursday I got the email that it was in and that I could pick it up Friday. Ordered in February.
Got it Friday before work, then took it out of the truck and set it up around 4 this morning before my two boys could wake up. I’m tired. Should get more time on it tonight, but so far it seems to be working smoothly. The glass was an absolute bitch to get off though. Super tight. Replaced with pdi glass which isn’t quite so snug but still no picnic.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Mine has the same Date as yours on it... to say it was a bitch is an understatement. I couldn't budge it at all until I used some suction cups off a bath pillow on it. I thought I was going to break it for sure....
Getting it off the second time was even worse. Going to replace with HD glass, but I'm not sure how anyone at the factory put that glass on and thought yeah thats a perfect fit

#11913 1 year ago
Quoted from Beyndtstng:

You’ll need to hit all three of those standups to spin it around for the add a ball and ebriah spinner.

Excellent. Thanks.

Is there a recommendation on which battle to choose if you have two balls locked and are about to start the multiball?

#11914 1 year ago
Quoted from scootss:

Excellent. Thanks.
Is there a recommendation on which battle to choose if you have two balls locked and are about to start the multiball?

Megalon or tiranasuarus

#11915 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Megalon or tiranasuarus

Personally, if lock is lit - Gigan everytime. With the tower down, the ball will always be returned to the left flipper, meaning you can repeat the right ramp for an easy win.

Edit - More of a tower recommendation rather than a multiball/battle one.

#11916 1 year ago

I thought they said they were about the start multiball?

#11917 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Megalon or tiranasuarus

Prefer Titanasaurus prior to a multiball. All of the other modes require more selective shots vs random multiball action more likely to hit Tesla targets

#11918 1 year ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Hi Thefuge, take a look at these as it will make it so easy to adjust your flipper angles. Gone are the days where you have to lift the playfield to do it, and have three hands
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1341-precision-pinball-prod/06654-precision-flip-flipper-system
[quoted image]

I got a set of these this week to install in my Godzilla but changed my mind after realising that the flipper toppers I have on Godzilla would hide the beauty of these aluminium flippers. So I installed them in my Jurassic Park Premium instead. They really simplify installation and adjustment of the flippers very much. You don’t have to line up the flipper with the hole when installing. Just run the shaft through the holes in the playfield and the flipper assembly and then tighten. The fine tuning adjustments are made from the top after the shaft is tight in the assembly. I had to adjust the upper flipper slightly after play testing and it was simple. No need to raise the playfield at all. And they play just like the regular flippers. I really love the precision look of the machined aluminium in my pin. Buy with confidence!

5B60F872-E38C-42B9-B70A-C67E3B24DC5B (resized).jpeg5B60F872-E38C-42B9-B70A-C67E3B24DC5B (resized).jpeg7BBA19B3-E3B0-4D7C-858D-9C9ED24F72C6 (resized).jpeg7BBA19B3-E3B0-4D7C-858D-9C9ED24F72C6 (resized).jpegE8635F21-3785-43AE-9727-A3685F5D2A7E (resized).jpegE8635F21-3785-43AE-9727-A3685F5D2A7E (resized).jpeg

#11919 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I thought they said they were about the start multiball?

One way to approach it is while lock is lit select Gigan and loop the left flipper shot for the Gigan win, then change cities & start a new battle and start your GZ multiball with that battle. Lots of good ways to go after this game. That's what makes it so fun!

#11920 1 year ago
Quoted from scootss:

Excellent. Thanks.

The answer to your question is titanosaurus for two reasons. First, you know where all five shots are to finish the mode. Three of those shots you will hit just by flailing (1st and 2nd standup, magna post). Use your heat ray to take out the third standup near the loop. Now your ally is lit. Get it on Rodan and hit the scoop. Skill drain (if you still have ball save) to get a ball trapped on the right to hit the maser cannon. You might hit the maser randomly off the sling. Now shoot the magna post. If you took the 5x level 2 power up (which you should always), you’re coming out at 300 million. Second reason is those standups on the right add value (1 million per hit) to the titanosaurus shots. You’re trying to hit all three of those standups anyway for the add a ball in GZ or to progress in mecha mb.

Megalon is the second best choice because the shots are random if you are trying to get all seven at max value. To really make megalon worth it, you need to get to 4x which requires you to hit the lit shot four times without him hiding. It seems like he appears on the left spinner at least a couple of times during the wave of seven. This is the hardest shot in the game and good luck hitting from a flail on the right flipper. Same issues with the left ramp. It is so far up the playfield that you really need a controlled shot to get there. You also need 4 shots to get to your ally instead of three. The one bonus of playing megalon is the switches are building up the value of the shot. It does have the highest cash out value of the two, but you have to play it perfect. Even for someone like Elwin, he would average a higher value on titanosaurus in mb then megalon.

#11921 1 year ago
Quoted from Beyndtstng:

The answer to your question is titanosaurus for two reasons. First, you know where all five shots are to finish the mode. Three of those shots you will hit just by flailing (1st and 2nd standup, magna post). Use your heat ray to take out the third standup near the loop. Now your ally is lit. Get it on Rodan and hit the scoop. Skill drain (if you still have ball save) to get a ball trapped on the right to hit the maser cannon. You might hit the maser randomly off the sling. Now shoot the magna post. If you took the 5x level 2 power up (which you should always), you’re coming out at 300 million. Second reason is those standups on the right add value (1 million per hit) to the titanosaurus shots. You’re trying to hit all three of those standups anyway for the add a ball in GZ or to progress in mecha mb.
Megalon is the second best choice because the shots are random if you are trying to get all seven at max value. To really make megalon worth it, you need to get to 4x which requires you to hit the lit shot four times without him hiding. It seems like he appears on the left spinner at least a couple of times during the wave of seven. This is the hardest shot in the game and good luck hitting from a flail on the right flipper. Same issues with the left ramp. It is so far up the playfield that you really need a controlled shot to get there. You also need 4 shots to get to your ally instead of three. The one bonus of playing megalon is the switches are building up the value of the shot. It does have the highest cash out value of the two, but you have to play it perfect. Even for someone like Elwin, he would average a higher value on titanosaurus in mb then megalon.

What are the "must choose" powerups to take for every level, in your opinion?

#11922 1 year ago
Quoted from bloodonthepins:

What are the "must choose" powerups to take for every level, in your opinion?

I don’t have the list in front of me so one of those may be off. It’s situational but I would say…

Jet fighters or mecha level 1 (there are others.. never take the bonus haha)

Level 2 5x
Level 3 - DJ extra 3 seconds. These are too important to miss. Getting an extra shot or two at it is huge.
Level 4 - Terror if you have the choice - way more value on average than monster zero. Latest code update did better to adjust this but I think it needs further boost to the jackpot wave.
Level 5 - Rage combo. Again, very valuable to get those extra seconds. Three shots for first ally, four for second and all five for third. Get all five for a big point payoff.
Level 6 - Spinner (neither award is great)
Level 7 - This one is interesting. Most would take plus 15 seconds on Rodan. 2X magna grab can be worth a lot late in the game. When you hit the lit magna grab, you get points at the bottom of the screen. I have seen this get up to 60 million on a late stage game of mine.
Level 8 - Monster Zero
Level 9 - Light all ally’s. This is the easiest choice especially if you have a DJ lit at the building. You will get double value once you put it back into the scoop for Rodan. I would only do 2X if I needed that DJ to beat someone or I already had a couple of ally’s lit.
Level 10 - imposter is the one to take because first is ally. I believe second increases annihilation percent by 1.

I’ll probably just post to the tutorial post and people can asking questions specific to strategy there. Such a great game!

#11923 1 year ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

…The glass was an absolute bitch to get off though. Super tight. Replaced with pdi glass which isn’t quite so snug but still no picnic.

I had to use a duct tape trick someone posted online to get the balls in the first time. Then found some glass suction cups on Amazon for $23. That glass is tight. The suction cups make short work of it though.

292BE915-1DE9-48AA-9AD2-C0922C2261E2 (resized).jpeg292BE915-1DE9-48AA-9AD2-C0922C2261E2 (resized).jpeg
#11924 1 year ago
Quoted from Jfmav:

I had to use a duct tape trick someone posted online to get the balls in the first time. Then found some glass suction cups on Amazon for $23. That glass is tight. The suction cups make short work of it though.
[quoted image]

You could also slightly loosen the screws holding in the side rails on the side of the cabinet and the bolts at the near end of the rails.

#11925 1 year ago
Quoted from Beyndtstng:

I don’t have the list in front of me so one of those may be off. It’s situational but I would say…
Level 2 5x
Level 3 - DJ extra 3 seconds. These are too important to miss. Getting an extra shot or two at it is huge.
Level 4 - Terror if you have the choice - way more value on average than monster zero. Latest code update did better to adjust this but I think it needs further boost to the jackpot wave.
Level 5 - Rage combo. Again, very valuable to get those extra seconds. Three shots for first ally, four for second and all five for third. Get all five for a big point payoff.
Level 7 - This one is interesting. Most would take plus 15 seconds on Rodan. 2X magna grab can be worth a lot late in the game. When you hit the lit magna grab, you get points at the bottom of the screen. I have seen this get up to 60 million on a late stage game of mine.
Level 8 - Monster Zero
Level 9 - Light all ally’s. This is the easiest choice especially if you have a DJ lit at the building. You will get double value once you put it back into the scoop for Rodan. I would only do 2X if I needed that DJ to beat someone or I already had a couple of ally’s lit.
Level 10 - imposter is the one to take because first is ally. I believe second increases annihilation percent by 1.
I’ll probably just post to the tutorial post and people can asking questions specific to strategy there. Such a great game!

Awesome. Thanks for taking the time for this write-up!

#11926 1 year ago
Quoted from Magicmike0:

Hello again friends. My intermittent flipper points are back. During another game my flippers were racking up points. As soon as it started this time I went straight into test mode. I banged on the playfield to see if a switch would trip, but no luck. I did press the right button a few times and the left. I discovered holding either flipper in, makes the “right ramp made opto” switch to pop up. During gameplay that’s what the sound effect is when the points start regisowith flips, the right ramp sound. Somehow the flippers are setting off that opto…but how?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Do you have any powered mods that the electrical connection could be shorting against something else?

If the right ramp opto triggers with every flipper press, but not from any shaking or movement of the machine (usually shaking will trigger a mis-aligned switch or losse connection), this seems like a short of some kind to me. Can you post a video of exactly what is happening?

#11927 1 year ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

I got a set of these this week to install in my Godzilla but changed my mind after realising that the flipper toppers I have on Godzilla would hide the beauty of these aluminium flippers. So I installed them in my Jurassic Park Premium instead. They really simplify installation and adjustment of the flippers very much. You don’t have to line up the flipper with the hole when installing. Just run the shaft through the holes in the playfield and the flipper assembly and then tighten. The fine tuning adjustments are made from the top after the shaft is tight in the assembly. I had to adjust the upper flipper slightly after play testing and it was simple. No need to raise the playfield at all. And they play just like the regular flippers. I really love the precision look of the machined aluminium in my pin. Buy with confidence!

crwjumper Glad you like them, they look great in your JP! But as one might guess I'm a little biased

#11928 1 year ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

How do the flippers feel? Any differences?

#11929 1 year ago

With the Stern Insider Connected issues some were experiencing the other day - I'm still getting some games played that didn't show up on Insider Connected last night, though it does look like they got the Godzilla leaderboard fixed.

A game on AIQ and Godzilla both never showed up on my IC page. Games before and after (on Godzilla) do. Both machines clearly showed me signed in and were left "idle" for several minutes after each game. I'm not sure when the game uploads the score, right after completion? I haven't noticed any IC wifi connection issues previously in over a thousand games played across the 3 machines I have connected, so I would be surprised if it's that.

Anyone else having similar?

IMG_2879 (resized).JPGIMG_2879 (resized).JPGIMG_2878 (resized).JPGIMG_2878 (resized).JPG
#11930 1 year ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Something seems odd. Last night I played a game and got about 2.9B. After I played I logged in and saw that score posted on the Stern Worldwide Godzilla Leaderboard. Now I just logged into my account and checked and that game from yesterday doesn't show up. It says my last game was the 22nd (2 days ago).
In fact the Stern Events leaderboard seems to have changed somehow. When I just clicked on the Stern Worldwide Godzilla Leaderboard several other leaderboards for AIQ, DP, GOTG, IM, LZ etc. now also showed up, and the scores on the Godzilla board (not the verified location board) seem a lot lower than they were last night.

The same thing happened to me. I got 12 billion points and it never showed up!

In all seriousness, I did have a 2.5 billion point game and it never showed up on my account. I confirmed I was signed in.

#11931 1 year ago
Quoted from tripledrain:

Weird response. I prefer the Pro. Not sure why that's impossible to believe.

I have passed on the premium for pro machines in the past. It made people's head explode. Lol.

#11932 1 year ago
Quoted from Beyndtstng:

Level 2 5x
Level 8 - Monster Zero

Agree with most of these.

Interesting thought on magna. I defaulted to rodan because haven't paid attention to magna. Didn't even know what qualified it (until just looking at the wiki now). That said, I have seen some high values on it in the past. And it can be multiplied by rodan. And it's there until you collect it and pays off once you do. Not like starting rodan sometime and draining out before 75 seconds have passed. You might be onto something here.

#11933 1 year ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Agree with most of these.
Interesting thought on magna. I defaulted to rodan because haven't paid attention to magna. Didn't even know what qualified it (until just looking at the wiki now). That said, I have seen some high values on it in the past. And it can be multiplied by rodan. And it's there until you collect it and pays off once you do. Not like starting rodan sometime and draining out before 75 seconds have passed. You might be onto something here.

It’s even better than that for the magna grab. I believe the points are tied to activating the switch, not the post grabbing the ball. The post grabs my ball 50% of the time at best. You need to hit it directly to increase that percentage, but I usually get a poor swing to get a shot at the imposter. You also see the magna insert lit during tank where the post is not grabbing the ball after hitting the post. I think you are scoring that value there as well. If you are at level 7, the that value will be very decent at that time.

How often did you need just 15 more seconds for a massive Rodan cash out? If your answer is often then take it. If it isn’t or you tend to lose the ball before the timer expires, take the 2X magna. The goal of my tutorial was just to get people to a billion points. The strategy is different for people looking to get 3, 5, 7, or 10 billion. My goal is to get 10 billion with no eb and a tight tilt. I have got close but not quite there yet.

#11934 1 year ago

Dang, I’m 2000 posts behind lol…anyway, just wanted to say I love the new magnet code. My game was really inconsistent with the fling, and now it’s great! Thanks Godzilla code team!!!

The only thing I still want is for Kaiju rematches to skip the select screen & go right to the fight start sequence. No need for the select screen when doing a rematch.

#11935 1 year ago

How the heck do I select a new city after defeating two kiaju? Do I have to complete the tier two mode it throws at me? I just want Todo planet x

#11936 1 year ago
Quoted from wisefwumyogwave:

How the heck do I select a new city after defeating two kiaju? Do I have to complete the tier two mode it throws at me? I just want Todo planet x

You need to play the tier 2 modes in the other cities. If you don’t like them, then just get out really quick.

#11937 1 year ago
Quoted from Beyndtstng:

You need to play the tier 2 modes in the other cities. If you don’t like them, then just get out really quick.

? Can you choose a different city when a tier two starts? Didn't see anything

#11938 1 year ago

? Can you choose a different city when a tier two starts? Didn't see anything

No, you need to play the tier 2 first. If you want to get out of each to reach Planet X, then here is what you do:

King G - This is my favorite to play. You only need to finish one of the five lit shots before the scoop lights to collect the value. Easiest would be the building. First shot is green, second yellow, and red third. Shoot the scoop to end it.

Tier 2 mb mode - Forget the characters but it is the second choice. It’s a mb so just keep draining until you have one ball left on a trapped flipper.

Third Tier 2 - This is a switch hit and collect mode. If you have chromecandy juiced spinners, should only take one rip of the heat ray or mecha spinner. If you have mine or most routed games, you’re looking at two to three rips. Shoot the red building shot to flee and end the mode.

This is the safest way to Planet X, but don’t miss out on these modes if you aren’t playing for Planet X. Check out last Friday’s chromecandy stream for an almost perfect king G with Rodan stack for almost half a billion!

#11939 1 year ago
Quoted from Beyndtstng:

No, you need to play the tier 2 first. If you want to get out of each to reach Planet X, then here is what you do:
King G - This is my favorite to play. You only need to finish one of the five lit shots before the scoop lights to collect the value. Easiest would be the building. First shot is green, second yellow, and red third. Shoot the scoop to end it.
Tier 2 mb mode - Forget the characters but it is the second choice. It’s a mb so just keep draining until you have one ball left on a trapped flipper.
Third Tier 2 - This is a switch hit and collect mode. If you have chromecandy juiced spinners, should only take one rip of the heat ray or mecha spinner. If you have mine or most routed games, you’re looking at two to three rips. Shoot the red building shot to flee and end the mode.
This is the safest way to Planet X, but don’t miss out on these modes if you aren’t playing for Planet X. Check out last Friday’s chromecandy stream for an almost perfect king G with Rodan stack for almost half a billion!

Okay thank you for the reply so are you saying that after the tier 2 modes being completed you get to go back to the tier 1 monsters and select cities?

#11940 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Dang, I’m 2000 posts behind lol…anyway, just wanted to say I love the new magnet code. My game was really inconsistent with the fling, and now it’s great! Thanks Godzilla code team!!!
The only thing I still want is for Kaiju rematches to skip the select screen & go right to the fight start sequence. No need for the select screen when doing a rematch.

Lol I'm on the other end of the spectrum. My magnet was really consistent and now since the update I'm getting somewhat frequent misses where it's supposed to grab but doesn't or starts to grab but then immediately releases resulting in a wild fling toward the flippers. Oh well... game is still a ton of fun!!!

#11941 1 year ago

Okay thank you for the reply so are you saying that after the tier 2 modes being completed you get to go back to the tier 1 monsters and select cities?

Yes, you’ll be able to change cites, light the scoop with the ramps, and take on another tier 1 monster. It confuses people because Tokyo only has the one tier 1 monster. Every other city has two tiers to play before advancing. Plenty of times where I had a massive carnage collect but I had to play the tier 2 first. Lost over a billion a few times by getting greedy during the tier 2 stage.

#11942 1 year ago
Quoted from Beyndtstng:

Yes, you’ll be able to change cites, light the scoop with the ramps, and take on another tier 1 monster. It confuses people because Tokyo only has the one tier 1 monster. Every other city has two tiers to play before advancing. Plenty of times where I had a massive carnage collect but I had to play the tier 2 first. Lost over a billion a few times by getting greedy during the tier 2 stage.

Shit, okay thanks this always confused me a bit. I'll just have to try harder I've crack a bill a few time but never two

#11943 1 year ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Do you have any powered mods that the electrical connection could be shorting against something else?
If the right ramp opto triggers with every flipper press, but not from any shaking or movement of the machine (usually shaking will trigger a mis-aligned switch or losse connection), this seems like a short of some kind to me. Can you post a video of exactly what is happening?

I have 4 mods on it. Shaker motor, the flaming speaker light kit, the Tesla towers, and shooter knob. I mention the knob because maybe I accidentally knocked the right flipper button leaf switches around installing that screw near the cabinet wall, when putting the Mothra egg shooter in? I checked and it seems normal.
I wondered about a short myself because often in test mode hitting and holding the right flipper says left EOS switch. Not sure if that’s normal? I will get a video up if it starts doing it again. Comes and goes.

#11944 1 year ago
Quoted from joelbob:

How do the flippers feel? Any differences?

They feel just like the stock flippers

#11945 1 year ago

Just installed the new code and my left ramp triggers closed a bunch of times now… didn’t do this before. Anyone else have this issue?

#11946 1 year ago
Quoted from jonahk:

Been doing some digging and I see I’m not the only one with the game losing track of the ball lock at the top of the building.
This game is on route and has a very high play count. That being said, it’s been pretty much flawless until we installed the .90 code on January 28th. On the 29th I got a text from one of our regulars that the ball was making it to the top of the building but not registering, and the game would have to go into ball search. Sometimes it would drop the ball and sometimes it would not (just giving the player another ball). I came in later that day and the TX opto at the top of the building ramp was dead. No biggie, swapped the opto and everything seemed fine.
Fast forward to last Saturday, same issue comes up from another player. I have them cycle the game, balls still don’t register. As I’m getting ready to leave and come check it out, I get a message from another player that now it’s working just fine. Cool. Game ran for about 8 days with no problems whatsoever. Maybe its just a fluke.
Owner comes by the next day, runs switch tests reseats connectors plays games can NOT get it to reproduce the issue.
This evening, I get another message from a different player (btw, as a tech don’t ever join a discord with all of the players hah) where the same thing is happening and but this time with more detail. It seems like the game is losing track of balls because the player also got a double ball launch on his 2nd ball of the game and the turn ended when one of his balls drained.
He finally got the 3rd ball to lock (5 shots total), but it only gave him two balls for the multi ball and it ended as soon as the 2nd ball drained.
It’s almost like the game never found the ball that originally went up the VUK to the building and couldn’t recover from that.
Other players before him tonight had 3 player games with multiple GZ multi balls including the shadow locks, so I can’t find a consistent pattern that would blame code but when all the hardware checks out I’m running out of ideas.
Tl;dr - recurring Drake hotel ball lock issues on GZLE since the .90 code was installed. Ball search required to release unregistered ball. Other balls in the same game will register but game loses track of active balls and only does 2 ball multi balls. Opto switch is fine.
Full code reinstall maybe?

We are having a similar issue with Building locks shooting up to the roof and not registering as a lock and being lost. I tested the opto at the top of the building with finger and ball and it tests fine. Multiple games in a row the locks work fine but then it loses track of the next locked ball. Anyone having a similar issue and able to resolve it? The intermittent nature of the issue is puzzling. The issue only started after a couple months of the game playing normally. Game is on latest code. Thanks!

#11947 1 year ago

I haven't gotten to play around with the new magnet settings yet. Question for those who have:

With .96 on my machine and the magnet ready to activate, a clean shot from a trap on the left flipper through the building will almost always fly right past the magnet. So, for example, the shot triggers the destruction jackpot countdown but the ball is bouncing around the playfield. The same is true from a trap on the right flipper probably around 15% of the time.

Has anyone who was in a similar situation had success with the new magnet settings to prevent magnet blow-bys? If so, which setting(s) did you tweak to what?

#11948 1 year ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

You could also slightly loosen the screws holding in the side rails on the side of the cabinet and the bolts at the near end of the rails.

This is what I did. I’m going to look into the suction cup thing. I guess with the glass so tight, at least the shaker doesn’t rattle it as much.

#11949 1 year ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

This is what I did. I’m going to look into the suction cup thing. I guess with the glass so tight, at least the shaker doesn’t rattle it as much.

I took off the two screws on either side, it is a bit better. No permanent fixes, just loosens over time? Thanks.

#11950 1 year ago

Mine came with perfectly fit glass, just tight enough not to slide down but slides super easy out. May 31 build

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Gov's Mods

Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Loveland, CO
$ 210.00
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
BomberMods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

€ 178.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 27,296 posts in this topic. You are on page 239 of 546.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/239?hl=eaglepin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.