Screenshot_20240408_215256_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1439 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408-172718 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240408-172819 (resized).png
IMG_0307 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5052 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,318 posts in this topic. You are on page 238 of 547.
#11851 1 year ago

Don't know about everyone else, but I'm not a fan of the new code. Played 6 games, trying to right drain so I can see the oxygen destroyer work. Can't get it to drain on right side , scores are crappy. . Jus kiddin, code is great and we aren't even to 1.0 yet!!

#11852 1 year ago

Is this a handle?

I hate to slam my playfield over the stops to get it back into the cabinet, so I usually lift underneath the back/top of the playfield. But then I saw this handle on JP & GZ. I'm tempted to use it, but when I grab it, the backboard on both seems to wobble a bit. Is this safe to grab and lift?
IMG_4194 (resized).jpegIMG_4194 (resized).jpeg

#11853 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Current lineup on the main game room wall.
[quoted image]

How do you like Zep pro? I know it’s no Zilla but people seem down on it and the premium seems to be the cooler game but I’ll probably never be able to afford the prem over the pro but the game looks cool and I like the band and rules look fun.

#11854 1 year ago
Quoted from scootss:

Is this a handle?
I hate to slam by playfield over the stops to get it back into the cabinet, so I usually lift underneath the back/top of the playfield. But then I saw this handle on JP & GZ. I'm tempted to use it, but when I grab it, the backboard on both seems to wobble a bit. Is this safe to grab and lift?[quoted image]

Yes. Good to use as a handle.

#11855 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Get lost. And I will be sure to state my opinion again son. Don’t be a disrespectful douche. Expecting moderation notice in 3.2.1

Shut up. You didn't actually prefer the pro, you made a conscious choice to save money. You would trade your pro for a premium straight up and you know it.

#11856 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yes. Good to use as a handle.

Excellent. Thanks.

#11857 1 year ago
Quoted from scootss:

Excellent. Thanks.

He knows a thing or two, because he’s seen a thing or two.

#11858 1 year ago

I hope it’s a handle. I used it a ton when I had stranger things and had to tweak weird shit by the back magnet a million times. Haha

#11859 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Even in the Godzilla thread

Wpc89 games and so forth had a great system for sliding playfield in and out. I guess new pinball is too cheap to do that.
My aiq Is a bitch! Guess my new GZ will be the same

#11860 1 year ago
Quoted from scootss:

Is this a handle?
I hate to slam my playfield over the stops to get it back into the cabinet, so I usually lift underneath the back/top of the playfield. But then I saw this handle on JP & GZ. I'm tempted to use it, but when I grab it, the backboard on both seems to wobble a bit. Is this safe to grab and lift?
[quoted image]

I personally avoid using it as a handle for the reasons you observed...over time, pulling on that may loosen things up on that back wall...I just grab under the playfield if I need to...It may be safe but it doesn't give me a warm fuzzy with all that flexing going on

#11861 1 year ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

Technically not true, Modder swinks created interchangeable kits after Ghostbusters came out and the flipper spacing was a bit too much for some players. Your kit is truely a drop in solution, whereas swinks you have to tap a couple holes, so that may not be for everyone, but his products are simply awesome as I have my fair share and I can't say enough positive things.
I am considering purchasing your product as I think the quality, fit and idea of color options is awesome. Just wanted to share the other info.
Ken

@eyeamred2u, Thanks for the info as I wasn't aware of that mod, I learned something new. I had a Ghostbusters for five years (recently sold it) and installed the overhead center post mod due to that large flipper gap, got me past the learning curve on that game as there were times I wanted to kick that thing over! I think that was part of my inspiration for wanting to design a flipper system that could be configurable to include longer and shorter flippers that could be easily changed. I've already had orders come in for both the long and short length flippers. Being able to change the colors is a bonus too.

I appreciate your comments, my objective is to design and manufacture high quality products that enhance the players experience and look good too. I've also just come out with a new flipper shaft bushing that I think really improves the flipper function as well.

John

#11862 1 year ago

New GZ multiball on the Pro, and oxygen destroyer ball save - awesome!!!

Hard to believe so much new stuff just keeps getting pumped into this thing.

#11863 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

anyone else having issue with the skill shot behind the left flipper not registering? I've hit it 3 times since updating to 0.97 and it doesn't trigger. I'll go inspecting switches I guess but I just want to make sure since it seems like a coincidence they were mucking with skill shot enables (I don't think this one counts as a secret skill shot, though, and i have secret skill shots enabled anyway)

Mine hasn't worked since I got my LE because the bail behind the upper left flipper isn't long enough. It leaves enough room for the ball to just pass by it behind the flipper. I don't even try for it.

#11864 1 year ago
Quoted from scootss:

The stream was great. Highly recommended! After watching, I doubled my prior high score.
I won't be able to watch live, but would definitely watch afterward if you decide to do it.
Thanks again.

Love to hear that response. Congrats on the double score!

#11865 1 year ago

Picked up our Premium today!! So stoked. My wife put this score up tonight, she loves the game. So much fun.

8233C9FC-CF41-4F0F-9F1E-046F8A5E58D9 (resized).jpeg8233C9FC-CF41-4F0F-9F1E-046F8A5E58D9 (resized).jpeg

Edited…she actually got 251,800,000 and corrected me that was my score on that round!

#11866 1 year ago

Just got a premium yesterday. Set it up today, updated to new code.... now everytime I go down the right flipper lane I get a manilla ball save and it kicks out an extra ball when I never really lost one so I essentially am having a two ball multi ball constantly ..
Anyone else having new code issues?

#11867 1 year ago
Quoted from Shuoink:

Just got a premium yesterday. Set it up today, updated to new code.... now everytime I go down the right flipper lane I get a manilla ball save and it kicks out an extra ball when I never really lost one so I essentially am having a two ball multi ball constantly ..

From release notes, maybeyou weren’t on final ball?:

V0.97.0 - June 23rd, 2022
=========================
- Oxygen Destroyer - added this outlane save that lights on the final ball and will save the ball when rolled over

#11868 1 year ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

Technically not true, Modder swinks created interchangeable kits after Ghostbusters came out and the flipper spacing was a bit too much for some players. Your kit is truely a drop in solution, whereas swinks you have to tap a couple holes, so that may not be for everyone, but his products are simply awesome as I have my fair share and I can't say enough positive things.
I am considering purchasing your product as I think the quality, fit and idea of color options is awesome. Just wanted to share the other info.
Ken

yes you are correct, I came out with a design about 4 years ago where once the posts went in - you could swap out the bats for longer and shorter ones in a couple of minutes without the need to lift the playfield. But the down side was the price back then was viewed too much (though compariable to your kit cost) and being in Australia adds to the cost so then made available as a kit from Shapeways (US) and no one wanted to tap holes.

1956PINHEAD your design is cool and steps it up even more than what I created - really nice job mate - have it saved for purchase one day. Can I ask what the 2 smaller holes up top are for - part of the jigging and manufacturing process or for lighting or toppers?

#11869 1 year ago
Quoted from Shuoink:

Is it possible the inlane and outlane switches are reversed? So the game thinks it’s draining and adding ball back during ball save or the new 3rd ball oxygen destroyer mode?

#11870 1 year ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Is it possible the inlane and outlane switches are reversed? So the game thinks it’s draining and adding ball back during ball save or the new 3rd ball oxygen destroyer mode?

Wouldn’t be the first time switches were swapped from the factory. Switch test holds the answer…

#11871 1 year ago
Quoted from swinks:

yes you are correct, I came out with a design about 4 years ago where once the posts went in - you could swap out the bats for longer and shorter ones in a couple of minutes without the need to lift the playfield. But the down side was the price back then was viewed too much (though compariable to your kit cost) and being in Australia adds to the cost so then made available as a kit from Shapeways (US) and no one wanted to tap holes.
1956PINHEAD your design is cool and steps it up even more than what I created - really nice job mate - have it saved for purchase one day. Can I ask what the 2 smaller holes up top are for - part of the jigging and manufacturing process or for lighting or toppers?

@swinks, thanks for commenting a piece of history I'm now aware of, pretty cool. Thanks for the kudos on my design, I spent about 8 months developing and testing them, players are liking them. What's also a nice feature is that the flipper angle can be set to virtually any position and then locked into that position from up top. Once the shafts are installed you never have to loosen them again to adjust the flipper angle.

The two small threaded holes in the top are to attach artistic covers which will be available shortly. They also serve to facilitate adjustment and removal of the flipper bat.

#11872 1 year ago
Quoted from Soltic:

From release notes, maybeyou weren’t on final ball?:
V0.97.0 - June 23rd, 2022
=========================
- Oxygen Destroyer - added this outlane save that lights on the final ball and will save the ball when rolled over

Tha ks, it definitely isn't the oxygen destroyer.
The animation that plays is the same one you get when you get a ball save where manilla electrocutes baby godzilla...
And it happens every ball almost out the gate. I will contact their support

#11873 1 year ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

This sounds more likely although I would have no idea how to go about swapping that. I can start learning/looking....
Good tip ty

#11874 1 year ago

Thinking of trading in our Stranger Things Pro for Godzilla Pro. Our local distributor allows us to trade into new Pro’s for our current game plus $1,000. Any thoughts? I appreciate any feedback you have for me on this potential deal. We are a 1-pin family. We started with Star Trek Pro, traded into Stranger Things, and now considering Godzilla. We seem to trade every 1 - 1 1/2 years when we would like a new pin. Thanks.

#11875 1 year ago
Quoted from Bazzy34:

Thinking of trading in our Stranger Things Pro for Godzilla Pro. Our local distributor allows us to trade into new Pro’s for our current game plus $1,000. Any thoughts? I appreciate any feedback you have for me on this potential deal. We are a 1-pin family. We started with Star Trek Pro, traded into Stranger Things, and now considering Godzilla. We seem to trade every 1 - 1 1/2 years when we would like a new pin. Thanks.

Do it! The only regret you'll have is that you didn't do it sooner.

#11876 1 year ago

My Godzilla premium arrived yesterday, and I just started putting some games on it. One immediate thing I noticed is that the Mechagodzilla magnet does not release by itself. I literally have to shake the ball off of the magnet to keep playing. Has anyone experience something similar? I’m going to update the game code to the latest version, just to rule that out.

#11877 1 year ago
Quoted from Bazzy34:

I would sell the Stranger Things and use the cash to buy the game and probably pocket a little too. stranger things is not slated to be run again (from what I'm told) and that game is hot right now.

#11878 1 year ago

How else do you get the playfield over the hump to pull out far enough to tilt back? I thou

Quoted from Shuoink:

Tha ks, it definitely isn't the oxygen destroyer.
The animation that plays is the same one you get when you get a ball save where manilla electrocutes baby godzilla...
And it happens every ball almost out the gate. I will contact their support

This seems like a pretty simple issue, if you're gonna own a machine you gotta get comfortable with troubleshooting and fixing it..

Take off glass. Go into the diagnostics menu with the coin door buttons and go to switch test. Close coin door. Push the two switches and see what it thinks they are. If they are indeed reversed, you'll have to swap them..they are close enough id probably just swap the physical switches assuming you have the wire slack..but once you tip the playfield back you should be able to figure out the easiest way.

#11879 1 year ago

I just had a bug with Oxygen Destroyer, I had it trigger on a right lane drain when I still had an Extra Ball waiting in the wings. I can't imagine they'd want it to trigger on ball 3 if there's an EB waiting??? surely they'd want it at the very end of the game?

#11880 1 year ago
Quoted from Bazzy34:

You will not regret it. Definitely a good move!

#11881 1 year ago
Quoted from Bazzy34:

Absolutely sell Stranger things then buy Godzilla with cash. Stranger things used is worth more than GZ new.

#11882 1 year ago
Quoted from Bazzy34:

Don't trade it in but sell it. It will sell quick and for more than trade in.

#11883 1 year ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

I just had a bug with Oxygen Destroyer, I had it trigger on a right lane drain when I still had an Extra Ball waiting in the wings. I can't imagine they'd want it to trigger on ball 3 if there's an EB waiting??? surely they'd want it at the very end of the game?

Read here. Seems like Keith intended to happen on your first ball 3, not your final ball of the game.

http://tiltforums.com/t/stern-godzilla-rulesheet/7210/430

#11884 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Read here. Seems like Keith intended to happen on your first ball 3, not your final ball of the game.
http://tiltforums.com/t/stern-godzilla-rulesheet/7210/430

Well that seems backwards ( sorry Keith! )

#11885 1 year ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Well that seems backwards ( sorry Keith! )

Depends on if you want the ball save to be ball three or your final ball. I think the million point shot works this way on Fastbreak too right?

#11886 1 year ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

eyeamred2u, Thanks for the info as I wasn't aware of that mod, I learned something new. I had a Ghostbusters for five years (recently sold it) and installed the overhead center post mod due to that large flipper gap, got me past the learning curve on that game as there were times I wanted to kick that thing over! I think that was part of my inspiration for wanting to design a flipper system that could be configurable to include longer and shorter flippers that could be easily changed. I've already had orders come in for both the long and short length flippers. Being able to change the colors is a bonus too.
I appreciate your comments, my objective is to design and manufacture high quality products that enhance the players experience and look good too. I've also just come out with a new flipper shaft bushing that I think really improves the flipper function as well.
John

We are all here to support each other. Glad to share the info with you and others. Never stop being a creative mind.

#11887 1 year ago

Further discussion on tilt forums:

Your oxy destroyer lights on the start of ball three and is available for however many balls are left in your game. Once used, it’s gone.

#11888 1 year ago
Quoted from KneeKickLou:

How do you like Zep pro? I know it’s no Zilla but people seem down on it and the premium seems to be the cooler game but I’ll probably never be able to afford the prem over the pro but the game looks cool and I like the band and rules look fun.

Fun as heck to me. Ramps feel terrific to shoot, the flow and combos are fantastic. Of course the Expression Lights really bring the atmosphere and are a requirement IMO.

I have a lot of fun playing it, sure it looks empty, but it's just fun rock and roll pinball. I got mine for $5200 with the expression lights. So that was a no-brainer.

#11889 1 year ago

Agree with this. I have a zep premium and we play the hell out of it.

Quoted from PoMC:

Fun as heck to me. Ramps feel terrific to shoot, the flow and combos are fantastic. Of course the Expression Lights really bring the atmosphere and are a requirement IMO.
I have a lot of fun playing it, sure it looks empty, but it's just fun rock and roll pinball. I got mine for $5200 with the expression lights. So that was a no-brainer.

#11890 1 year ago

I was just hoping to get my premium before the end of the year, but Thursday I got the email that it was in and that I could pick it up Friday. Ordered in February.

Got it Friday before work, then took it out of the truck and set it up around 4 this morning before my two boys could wake up. I’m tired. Should get more time on it tonight, but so far it seems to be working smoothly. The glass was an absolute bitch to get off though. Super tight. Replaced with pdi glass which isn’t quite so snug but still no picnic.

F44535DE-F428-4345-8970-B09AF1590F18 (resized).jpegF44535DE-F428-4345-8970-B09AF1590F18 (resized).jpegACAE8E28-341C-4F18-A864-8682225EA303 (resized).jpegACAE8E28-341C-4F18-A864-8682225EA303 (resized).jpegB43FF807-88EB-4136-B988-7FF331565EF3 (resized).jpegB43FF807-88EB-4136-B988-7FF331565EF3 (resized).jpeg
#11891 1 year ago

Installed my mods today, one of them stood out.

If you have a Pro or Premium and haven’t replaced the speakers with something decent, head to this thread and read everything you can.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/improving-sound-quality-the-diy-route

For what it’s worth I replaced my speakers with 5.25” Kicker DS’s and a JBl Stage 810 in the cabinet. Nothing expensive. Initially I was unimpressed but as soon as I set the EQ to the settings recommended on that thread (with upgraded speakers and sub) the sound came alive. It’s a WHOA moment. Even at lower volumes the clarity and “stage” of the sound is in a different universe than what was coming from the junky OEM speakers. YMMV but I’m very happy.

#11892 1 year ago
Quoted from Pugster:

Installed my mods today, one of them stood out.
If you have a Pro or Premium and haven’t replaced the speakers with something decent, head to this thread and read everything you can.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/improving-sound-quality-the-diy-route
For what it’s worth I replaced my speakers with 5.25” Kicker DS’s and a JBl Stage 810 in the cabinet. Nothing expensive. Initially I was unimpressed but as soon as I set the EQ to the settings recommended on that thread (with upgraded speakers and sub) the sound came alive. It’s a WHOA moment. Even at lower volumes the clarity and “stage” of the sound is in a different universe than what was coming from the junky OEM speakers. YMMV but I’m very happy.

I did the same but 4" kicker cs4s, just because the thought of 0 effort mounting sounded nice..maybe 5.25 would have been a smarter idea, I may rotate them to a hypothetical future machine and put 5.25 on GZ

#11893 1 year ago
Quoted from wisefwumyogwave:

Shut up. You didn't actually prefer the pro, you made a conscious choice to save money. You would trade your pro for a premium straight up and you know it.

I would not trade my Pro for a Premium.

#11894 1 year ago
Quoted from tripledrain:

I would not trade my Pro for a Premium.

Liar

#11895 1 year ago

Weird response. I prefer the Pro. Not sure why that's impossible to believe.

#11896 1 year ago

I definitely understand the premium is better, but I’m perfectly happy with my pro as I feel I get very close to the same experience playing it. I don’t mind the mecha spinner loop at all and still find it to be a fun shot.

#11897 1 year ago
Quoted from Beyndtstng:

We are now live with the Godzilla tutorial. Don’t be shy, ask questions.
http://www.twitch.tv/ChromeCandyPinball

Just wanted to say thank you for the tutorial. I watched the VOD and already set a GC on my GZ Prem at around 1.2 billion. My GC before then wasn't TOO much lower - just past the 1 bn mark - but now I feel more focused. Before I found myself trying to battle and leave the city ASAP. I was merely chasing EBs to try to make my low ball average build my score across more balls. But now I'm more focused on the annihilation hits and stacking Rodan with Bridge, Tesla or Tank to make those annihilation hits as massive as possible. Also seeing you be so consistent with the little nudge pass to farm Gigan and Jets with the right ramp was eye opening and now those are so easy!

Would encourage anyone interested to watch.

#11898 1 year ago
Quoted from tripledrain:

Weird response. I prefer the Pro. Not sure why that's impossible to believe.

Me too!

#11899 1 year ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

I definitely understand the premium is better, but I’m perfectly happy with my pro as I feel I get very close to the same experience playing it. I don’t mind the mecha spinner loop at all and still find it to be a fun shot.

The new pro multi-ball start certainly closes the gap a little. The right spinner shot on the pro feels pretty good too. Very satisfying. The gap between the two models is not huge.

#11900 1 year ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

The new pro multi-ball start certainly closes the gap a little. The right spinner shot on the pro feels pretty good too. Very satisfying. The gap between the two models is not huge.

But the price is

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Gov's Mods

16,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

9,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Gilroy, CA
$ 210.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

Machine - For Sale
Tampa, FL
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
BomberMods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

€ 178.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 27,318 posts in this topic. You are on page 238 of 547.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/238?hl=dashv and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.