Screenshot_20240408_215256_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1439 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408-172718 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240408-172819 (resized).png
IMG_0307 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5052 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,318 posts in this topic. You are on page 235 of 547.
#11701 1 year ago
Quoted from Pugster:

On the shaker note - my only experience with shakers has been on my Roadshow (good if you want to simulate a bulldozer or tornado) and my buddy’s Hobbit (really mellow, seemed well integrated).
I’ve got a PBL shaker for my GZ going in this weekend when I pick both up…I’ve heard rave reviews of GZ shaker code…is it as good as everyone says? Well integrated and not just shaking the shit out of the machine? Curious….

I feel like the shaker code is integral to the Godzilla experience. It is awesome.

#11702 1 year ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

So IMHO I would loosen the right side and add another washer or two on the post threads under the wire ramp loop, then retighten up the right side nut. Too loose and the ramp will move causing the ball to hang-up on the drop.

You nailed it. Played a few games today and the ball was coming on the wireform to the right flipper and couldn't drop into the in-lane because the wireform had shifted to the left a hair because of the loosened bolt.

Do you know the size of the additional washer I need off hand?

#11703 1 year ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

So IMHO I would loosen the right side and add another washer or two on the post threads under the wire ramp loop, then retighten up the right side nut. Too loose and the ramp will move causing the ball to hang-up on the drop.

I had this problem as well after a while. I tried numerous adjustments. Finally ended up removing the wireform and bending it slightly at the existing bend where is crosses over the other ramp. No more issues.

#11704 1 year ago
Quoted from Pugster:

On the shaker note - my only experience with shakers has been on my Roadshow (good if you want to simulate a bulldozer or tornado) and my buddy’s Hobbit (really mellow, seemed well integrated).
I’ve got a PBL shaker for my GZ going in this weekend when I pick both up…I’ve heard rave reviews of GZ shaker code…is it as good as everyone says? Well integrated and not just shaking the shit out of the machine? Curious….

Very well integrated. With a shaker and a good subwoofer, oh boy!

#11705 1 year ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

Very well integrated. With a shaker and a good subwoofer, oh boy!

I find with this game more than any other game, it's more of an "experience". The light shows, music, sound, and layout all come together to be some of the most "fun" I've had with a game. A shaker and sub further elevate this.

#11706 1 year ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

Looking to add a shaker motor to my GZ Premium. Any difference between the generic one on Pinball Life versus the Stern authorized one which is $20 more?

I have PBL shakers in 2 spike and 2 SAM games and they work great. Godzilla is the best use of shaker of all the games I have.

#11707 1 year ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I would never put a part that wasn't Stern authorized into a SPIKE game unless it was completely disconnected from any electronics inside the game.

I was under the impression that the Pinball Life ones are authorized.

#11708 1 year ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

I find with this game more than any other game, it's more of an "experience". The light shows, music, sound, and layout all come together to be some of the most "fun" I've had with a game. A shaker and sub further elevate this.

Agreed on all points, couldn't agree more in fact. Not many games that can match the Godzilla overall experience.

#11709 1 year ago

Has anyone gotten one of the AIQ shooter rods on Godzilla? Does it light up?

#11710 1 year ago
Quoted from haiderdj:

Has anyone gotten one of the AIQ shooter rods on Godzilla? Does it light up?

I don't have one but I've seen a couple people install them on Godzilla. Yes, they light up and look pretty damn impressive. Better than any of the mothra egg offerings out there IMO

#11711 1 year ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

I don't have one but I've seen a couple people install them on Godzilla. Yes, they light up and look pretty damn impressive. Better than any of the mothra egg offerings out there IMO

Ok, I bought one and I can't get it to light up. If others can confirm that they have it working (and any troubleshooting tips), I would appreciate it!

#11712 1 year ago
Quoted from bloodonthepins:

I feel like the shaker code is integral to the Godzilla experience. It is awesome.

I absolutely agree. I have shakers in all my pins and this has got to be the best and most natural integration I have ever experienced. It's sync'd to his stomping and roaring perfectly.

Just one of the many things that make this such a blast to play.

#11713 1 year ago

I have the Tesla tower mod, and just broke one of the towers. Since I bought my pin already modded, I don’t know if I need to buy one tower or a whole new set of three. Anyone?

Thanks.

#11714 1 year ago

Has anyone had a ball get stuck here? Couldn't shake it loose. Only solution was to remove the glass.

IMG_3526 (resized).jpgIMG_3526 (resized).jpg
#11715 1 year ago
Quoted from golfergordy:

Has anyone had a ball get stuck here? Couldn't shake it loose. Only solution was to remove the glass.
[quoted image]

A location I had played at a few months ago had 3 balls stuck there behind Mecha Godzilla.
I have yet to run into that on two other machines on location that I play regularly, as well as my personal machine.

#11716 1 year ago
Quoted from golfergordy:

[quoted image]

I've heard tell of people using a heat gun or blow dryer to warm up his arm to move it up just high enough so the ball won't catch under there.

#11717 1 year ago
Quoted from haiderdj:

Ok, I bought one and I can't get it to light up. If others can confirm that they have it working (and any troubleshooting tips), I would appreciate it!

Somewhere over on the Godzilla mod thread they speak about it. I believe they're wiring it to the pop bumper LEDs so it interacts with gameplay. Luck

#11718 1 year ago
Quoted from pinlawyer:I have the Tesla tower mod, and just broke one of the towers. Since I bought my pin already modded, I don’t know if I need to buy one tower or a whole new set of three. Anyone?
Thanks.

It's a thin 3d printed thing inside a pinball machine...it's probably going to break again.. just super glue it....

Otherwise, contact the seller to see. Last I checked he was 4 weeks out though.

#11719 1 year ago
Quoted from golfergordy:

[quoted image]

On mine it was getting up here on auto plunge. Solution was to lower auto plunge power. Do you know how yours is getting up there?

#11720 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

It's a thin 3d printed thing inside a pinball machine...it's probably going to break again.. just super glue it....
Otherwise, contact the seller to see. Last I checked he was 4 weeks out though.

I second this. The towers are amazing looking, but they are pretty thin - super glue is the recommended adhesive for 3D prints (PLA material) anyway. Put down a towel, Use a *small* amount of glue on both surfaces (I mean a really little amount), hold for 30 seconds, done.

#11721 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I second this. The towers are amazing looking, but they are pretty thin - super glue is the recommended adhesive for 3D prints (PLA material) anyway. Put down a towel, Use a *small* amount of glue on both surfaces (I mean a really little amount), hold for 30 seconds, done.

There are version 2 Towers available from the Mod Maker. I am sure if you contact them, they may be able to sell a single replacement.

#11722 1 year ago
Quoted from pinlawyer:

I have the Tesla tower mod, and just broke one of the towers. Since I bought my pin already modded, I don’t know if I need to buy one tower or a whole new set of three. Anyone?
Thanks.

I would reglue as many times as possible. I bought a new slightly beefier set to keep as back up. The mod looks so nice I want to keep it there.

#11723 1 year ago
Quoted from haiderdj:

It's not plug and play on GZ since GZ isn't coded for it. I ran the black ground wire to the regular place the instructions say. For the other 4 RGB wires cut them from the molex connector and soldered them into the pop bumper board. Another user took pics and is a key post in this thread. Post 8036

#11724 1 year ago

Stern's Factory Shaker motor comes with the Ferrite and fixes for supply shortage node boards missing caps.
Typically nothing wrong with the Aftermarket shakers though but proceed with caution as per any aftermarket
warranty you may have.

#11725 1 year ago

I want to share something that a local maker created for Godzilla. It is laser etched aluminum and the color comes from the depth of the etching. $30. I have his wooden cards in my #the_walking_dead too.

IMG_2019 (resized).jpegIMG_2019 (resized).jpeg

IMG_2020 (resized).jpegIMG_2020 (resized).jpeg

#11726 1 year ago

Lighted shooter
Wire into pop bumper / jets
IMG_6993.MOV

#11727 1 year ago

I have a NIB GZLE and a NIB Premium just received. Were there any significant changes in playfield upgrades since 1st release of LE's?

Not tech savvy and trying to figure out which one to keep. Got both as I was sending My LE to 2nd home but now ordered something different for 2nd home.

#11728 1 year ago
596A22DA-0035-4B58-8C43-48EC22E27F28.gif596A22DA-0035-4B58-8C43-48EC22E27F28.gif
#11729 1 year ago
Quoted from sepins:

I have a NIB GZLE and a NIB Premium just received. Were there any significant changes in playfield upgrades since 1st release of LE's?
Not tech savvy and trying to figure out which one to keep. Got both as I was sending My LE to 2nd home but now ordered something different for 2nd home.

They are the same game. There might be a different magnet plastic on one of them.

#11730 1 year ago
Quoted from sepins:

From a gameplay perspective, they will be the same. If you are looking to sell one, you'll get a lot more for the LE.

#11731 1 year ago
Quoted from awesome1:

From a gameplay perspective, they will be the same. If you are looking to sell one, you'll get a lot more for the LE.

I get the impression money’s is not the issue !

#11732 1 year ago
Quoted from freddy:

I get the impression money’s is not the issue !

We could all use a duplicate pin for our second or third house

#11733 1 year ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

We could all use a duplicate pin for our second or third house

This is probably more common than you think. I bought a premium from day one and bought a pro for a family vacation house. Worse case scenario, I move on from the pro, not really that crazy of a purchase. As of today I consider it the best pin made so far

#11734 1 year ago
Quoted from tilt-master:

This is probably more common than you think. I bought a premium from day one and bought a pro for a family vacation house. Worse case scenario, I move on from the pro, not really that crazy of a purchase. As of today I consider it the best pin made so far

Best stern to date!

#11735 1 year ago

I agree - I think that Stern Godzilla is the best pin ever made. Keith Elwyn FTW!

#11736 1 year ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Not a money thing. Know there were ball hangups on LE's as well as STDM from the building. Was wondering if Stern fixed some of the issues on the Newer Premiums?

#11737 1 year ago
Quoted from sepins:

Not a money thing. Know there were ball hangups on LE's as well as STDM from the building. Was wondering if Stern fixed some of the issues on the Newer Premiums?

ball hangups were universal, not LE specific (and were largely one-offs), and the SDTM was mostly a level issue

#11738 1 year ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

ball hangups were universal, not LE specific (and were largely one-offs), and the SDTM was mostly a level issue

Thanks!

#11739 1 year ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

Quoted from sepins:

Also, outside the leveling of the game, the plastics on top of the roof had some give when tightening...from what I understood. So even if the game is leveled and getting STDM, you should be able to loosen the screws, hold it off to the side slightly and re-tighten. At least thats from what I remember reading from several posts

#11740 1 year ago
Quoted from pinlawyer:

Thanks.

Not available anymore. Superglue is your friend right now. I had to use it.

#11741 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

On mine it was getting up here on auto plunge. Solution was to lower auto plunge power. Do you know how yours is getting up there?

Sorokyl, when my ball got stuck there, the ball action was really fast, and I think that I hit an airborne ball off the left flipper that flew over MG's left arm and got stuck at the underside of MG's left elbow. This only happened after I turned the power up on both flippers, the slingshots, and the saucer, but the power level on all is still below max. The game action sure speeded up after the power increases. I try not to use auto plunge, so I have a chance to score a skill shot, but you can't avoid auto plunges sometimes.

#11742 1 year ago

18 hours until tomorrow’s GZ tutorial on the chromecandy twitch! A few of you may have caught our stream a couple of hours ago. Check out his VOD for massive GZ mb, almost 500 mil King Ghidorah, and a decent explanation of the annihilation bonus. The goal of the stream is to make a billion points reachable for most skill levels. I may start a bit earlier than 10:00 AM eastern, but I’ll recap any strategies and explanations throughout the stream.

http://www.twitch.tv/ChromeCandyPinball

#11743 1 year ago
Quoted from pinlawyer:

Thanks.

If you are speaking of the ones sold by tdiddy, I ordered a set of 3 from him about a month ago. I'd recommend shooting him a PM, I'm sure you could work something out.

#11744 1 year ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

If you are speaking of the ones sold by tdiddy, I ordered a set of 3 from him about a month ago. I'd recommend shooting him a PM, I'm sure you could work something out.

I did too, just received a week or two ago so the wait wasn’t too bad.

#11745 1 year ago
Quoted from mstang01:

I did too, just received a week or two ago so the wait wasn’t too bad.

Not at all, the mod is just fantastic as well. Looking forward to installing mine.

#11746 1 year ago

79848CB4-841B-46E1-BBB3-DF3D2CB225BB (resized).jpeg79848CB4-841B-46E1-BBB3-DF3D2CB225BB (resized).jpeg
V0.97.0 - June 23rd, 2022
=========================
- Oxygen Destroyer - added this outlane save that lights on the final ball and will save the ball when rolled over
- starts a 12 second countdown at the building through shot that will kill the flippers and re-claim the ball if time runs out
- successfully shooting the building all the way through will result in the Oxygen Destroyer being defused and the ball is saved
- Godzilla Magnet - adding improved magnet pulse timing when the ball travels through the building that takes the ball speed into account
- Mechagodzilla Multiball - fixed an issue where Super Jackpot via Heat Ray would award 3x, should be 1x
- Flipper Display Blowoff - added double flipper display blowoff when the following displays are running and the ball is held at either the Magnet or the Scoop:
- Destruction Jackpot Builds
- Godzilla Powerup Lit
- Extra Ball
- Lock Is Lit
- Ally Summoned
- Tank Attack Start
- Godzilla Controls (city)
- Tank Attack Multiball - Tank Attack Multiball Lit display will not show up if Tank Attack has already been started at the scoop
- Battles - Battle Lit display will not show up if Tank Attack is now lit and is blocking it
- Planet X Victory Multiball - add 20 more seconds to be now 140 seconds long
- Godzilla Powerup - "Light Heat Ray" selected at Level 1 would sometimes cause a crash if you had already built up Heat Ray levels
- Monster Zero - Heat Ray will now be able to complete the Super Jackpot reverse shot if it's charged up during when Super Jackpot is lit
- Monster Zero - Jackpot now builds by 250K instead of 150K
- Instant Info - added Tilt Warning status page
- Instant Info - remove Stern logos
- Instant Info - wait to open until there is nothing important going on the display
- Callouts - adding many more callouts to the game
- Sound Effects - adding many more sound effects to the game
- Light Shows - adding many more light shows to the game

- Adjustment Changes:
- remove "GODZILLA MAGNET PULSE DELAY TIME" no longer used, magnet is fired right away
- adding "GODZILLA MAGNET PULSE DRAW TIME FAST" adjustment for the amount of time to pulse the magnet when the ball is moving fast (between 0.20s and 0.75s blended between fast and slow adjustments)
- adding "GODZILLA MAGNET PULSE DRAW TIME SLOW" adjustment for the amount of time to pulse the magnet when the ball is moving slow (between 0.20s and 0.75s blended between fast and slow adjustments)
- adding "SECRET SKILLSHOTS" adjustment to turn on or off the Secret Skillshots - default YES
- adding "OXYGEN DESTROYER" adjustment to turn on or off the Oxygen Destroyer - default YES

- System - Updated to V3.18.0 on OS: V2.6.0

- Updated to nodeboard firmware/protocol v0.87.0

- Correct the replay score boost when Standard Adjustment REPLAY TYPE is set to DYNAMIC.
All REPLAY LEVELS for all players are potentially immediately incremented instead of only replay level 1.

- Correct Standard Adjustment FREE PLAY LIMIT. Previously this adjustment would not be honored
in all circumstances. FREE PLAY LIMIT sets the maximum number of free games which a
player can win during a game. Once the FREE PLAY LIMIT is reached, a player will not receive
a free game from:
a REPLAY level (if REPLAY AWARD is set to CREDIT)
a SPECIAL (if SPECIAL AWARD is set to CREDIT)
Grand Champion/High Score (if HIGH SCORE AWARD is set to CREDIT
a match (if MATCH AWARD is set to CREDIT)
The default setting for FREE PLAY LIMIT is 5 games (per player per game played).
NOTE setting the FREE PLAY LIMIT to a value less than the number of REPLAY LEVELS
will decrease the number of REPLAY levels available.

#11747 1 year ago

20220623_182213 (resized).jpg20220623_182213 (resized).jpg

#11748 1 year ago

Love that the new code shoots all balls onto the magnet now on the Pro for Godzilla Multiball. Excellent update.

#11749 1 year ago

83 minutes holy crap. Mine started at about 20 and is moving quickly. I'm happy with my speed. When I went to .96 it took barely a half hour.

20220623_152940 (resized).jpg20220623_152940 (resized).jpg
#11750 1 year ago

How many oxygen destroyers will Strummy sell today?? Just ordered mine as soon as I got the update email from stern...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Gov's Mods

16,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
$ 210.00
Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
O'fallon, IL
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
BomberMods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

€ 178.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 27,318 posts in this topic. You are on page 235 of 547.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/235?hl=apinjunkie and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.