PXL_20240415_201849415 (resized).jpg
IMG_2601 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2538 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1444 (resized).jpg
IMG_7006.jpg
gdz opto receiver (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,390 posts in this topic. You are on page 231 of 548.
#11501 1 year ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Not sure on the number, but leaving the red GI alone, I changed out all of the white GI to 2-SMD bayonet Comet clear warm white (probably it's close to 30 bulbs), any of bulb flashers on recent Sterns are typically 5V, which I would have in 8-SMD warm white, and for the spotlights I use clear 2-SMD wedge warm whites.

Looks great, I may have to order sunlight just so I can see the difference. I’ve been very happy with sunlight GI on other machines…

#11502 1 year ago

I’m in the club! Finally. Yesterday was nuts. Got DP And Godzilla delivered. Super excited. Born May 31st. No issues with glass or menu buttons but shooter rod is not plunging correctly so need to look at that. Otherwise awesome machine and can’t wait to play a few thousand games or so.

8500D475-AF07-4CB1-A5DD-442DE981E9CB (resized).jpeg8500D475-AF07-4CB1-A5DD-442DE981E9CB (resized).jpegA218E09C-244E-40BF-8A51-3DAD12C4F531 (resized).jpegA218E09C-244E-40BF-8A51-3DAD12C4F531 (resized).jpegCB2BFDDD-CC18-4CF4-A5C6-E7123CF9E75A (resized).jpegCB2BFDDD-CC18-4CF4-A5C6-E7123CF9E75A (resized).jpeg
#11503 1 year ago
Quoted from dgposter:

Mine got stuck there, too. I warmed up his arm with a heat gun and repositioned it out of the way. The ball rolls freely past that spot now.

Do you remove him from the playfield to do so? New game, got stuck there twice. Thanks.

#11504 1 year ago
Quoted from kidAtHeart:

Do you remove him from the playfield to do so? New game, got stuck there twice. Thanks.

Nope. I left him where he is. I heated up his arm with a heat gun (hair dryer will work) for about 15 seconds, bent his arm where I wanted it and held it there for another 30-45 seconds to let it cool in place. That was it, and the arm is no longer in the ball path. Super easy fix!

#11505 1 year ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Not sure on the number, but leaving the red GI alone, I changed out all of the white GI to 2-SMD bayonet Comet clear warm white (probably it's close to 30 bulbs), any of bulb flashers on recent Sterns are typically 5V, which I would have in 8-SMD warm white, and for the spotlights I use clear 2-SMD wedge warm whites.

Thanks!

#11506 1 year ago

Damn, just powered on my GZ to play this afternoon and immediately found the scoop not registering a ball. Was expecting to find a broken wire, but instead found the whole leg/post on the switch broken off flush with the switch body, doesn't seem repairable.

I hope my Distrib (FlipNOut) and Stern can get a replacement out quickly, tried to just buy one but no one I can find in the US has the dang thing in stock - part 180-5209-00

GZ down for the count...

20220616_131728 (resized).jpg20220616_131728 (resized).jpg

#11507 1 year ago
Quoted from PinKopf:

Damn, just powered on my GZ to play this afternoon and immediately found the scoop not registering a ball. Was expecting to find a broken wire, but instead found the whole leg/post on the switch broken off flush with the switch body, doesn't seem repairable.
I hope my Distrib (FlipNOut) and Stern can get a replacement out quickly, tried to just buy one but no one I can find in the US has the dang thing in stock - part 180-5209-00
GZ down for the count...
[quoted image]

If it is a standard micro switch you can swap it out and replace the actuator with the one from your machine. I’ve got a bunch of switches laying around if you want to come to Roswell to pick it up. Let me know.

#11508 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Easier way is to loosen guide bolt under field, squeeze guide inward and re tighten. Before and after pics. Huge difference, much easier to hit loop shot
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Just got my GZ and pulled the playfield out just to do this after only 1 or 2 starts. Huge difference thanks for sharing.

#11509 1 year ago

This is my second favorite pin (slight behind JP). I own an LE and despite having seven other games, this is the only one I have played over the last six months. My personality is the type that I dive deep into a topic and nothing else will grab my attention until I master it.

What am I getting at? I have seen so many posts about people enjoying this game but not really understanding the rules or strategy to put up good scores. Here’s the point of my post.

I will be visiting the twitch chromecandy stream next week. If there is enough interest, then I will stream a tutorial on GZ for beginners, intermediate, and advanced players. I know a version of this has been done by other streamers, but it is usually based on the viewer having a decent understanding of the scoring. I’ve always enjoyed explaining complicated concepts in understandable terms. This game (like most things in life) is way more fun if you have the right information to make strategic choices.

If there is interest in this, then I would be happy to do it. If not, then I will have some fun with the 20 other games he has.

#11510 1 year ago
Quoted from Beyndtstng:

If there is interest in this

Count me in! Would also like to see you do this on JP too!

#11511 1 year ago
Quoted from Beyndtstng:

This is my second favorite pin (slight behind JP). I own an LE and despite having seven other games, this is the only one I have played over the last six months. My personality is the type that I dive deep into a topic and nothing else will grab my attention until I master it.
What am I getting at? I have seen so many posts about people enjoying this game but not really understanding the rules or strategy to put up good scores. Here’s the point of my post.
I will be visiting the twitch chromecandy stream next week. If there is enough interest, then I will stream a tutorial on GZ for beginners, intermediate, and advanced players. I know a version of this has been done by other streamers, but it is usually based on the viewer having a decent understanding of the scoring. I’ve always enjoyed explaining complicated concepts in understandable terms. This game (like most things in life) is way more fun if you have the right information to make strategic choices.
If there is interest in this, then I would be happy to do it. If not, then I will have some fun with the 20 other games he has.

I would like this as well. I finally understand the basics, but there is so much in this that more advanced scoring strategies still elude me.

#11512 1 year ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Count me in! Would also like to see you do this on JP too!

I don’t know if he has JP anymore. He was borrowing it from James. If he does then we’ll do it.

#11513 1 year ago
Quoted from PinKopf:

GZ down for the count...
[quoted image]

I had this happen 4 times on my Deadpool. I turned down the eject power and hasn't happened again, hope I didn't just jink myself.

#11514 1 year ago
Quoted from PinKopf:

GZ down for the count...
[quoted

GZ down for the count...
[quoted image]

Screenshot_20220616-205359_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220616-205359_Chrome (resized).jpg
#11515 1 year ago

Found another bug:

During GZ Mb, if you have the mothra out lane save lit and the ball save is still on for MB and a ball drains down the left outlane, it will use your mothra ball save ability. I saw it on Karl’s stream a couple weeks ago and confirmed it’s still in the 0.96 code update as wel.

#11516 1 year ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

If it is a standard micro switch you can swap it out and replace the actuator with the one from your machine. I’ve got a bunch of switches laying around if you want to come to Roswell to pick it up. Let me know.

Thanks for the offer, but it doesn't seem to be a standard switch with a removable actuator. It actually enters the body of the switch, perhaps there is still a way to remove it, but I don't think it would then work with a regular switch where the actuator just slips over external arms/nubs where it rotates.

Hopefully Stern can get one out fairly quickly, or I may look more into a substitution.

20220616_132123 (resized).jpg20220616_132123 (resized).jpg
#11517 1 year ago

Thanks, I looked at them earlier actually, but misread the stock status once you add them to your cart, looks like only one of their warehouses is out - but one does have them. Now to see if I can come with enough stuff to make their $50 minimum order...

#11518 1 year ago
Quoted from PinKopf:

Thanks for the offer, but it doesn't seem to be a standard switch with a removable actuator. It actually enters the body of the switch, perhaps there is still a way to remove it, but I don't think it would then work with a regular switch where the actuator just slips over external arms/nubs where it rotates.
Hopefully Stern can get one out fairly quickly, or I may look more into a substitution.[quoted image]

https://www.actionpinball.com/parts.php?item=E63

You can use E63 as a substitute. But need some adjustments, because require more force to activate.

#11519 1 year ago
Quoted from PinKopf:

Hopefully Stern can get one out fairly quickly, or I may look more into a substitution.[quoted image]

That is the same switch that is removed from Rush pins when swapping in the factory replacement for the “recall” (of the switch and scoop protectors) that most new owners got for free when they got a Rush pin. So if you know somebody with a Rush who did the switch swap, they removed this switch and may still have it lying around.

3CA5A34C-BFA4-417A-BC7A-E7EC6E1B651C (resized).jpeg3CA5A34C-BFA4-417A-BC7A-E7EC6E1B651C (resized).jpeg

#11520 1 year ago
Quoted from Beyndtstng:

Very keen for more pinball tutorials, especially since I own both those Elwins!

#11521 1 year ago
Quoted from PinKopf:

Thanks, I looked at them earlier actually, but misread the stock status once you add them to your cart, looks like only one of their warehouses is out - but one does have them. Now to see if I can come with enough stuff to make their $50 minimum order...

Oh yeah, forgot about their min order, sorry about. I looked in my spare parts, did not have the switch. It is a unique micro. Hopefully Stern is fast with replacement.

#11522 1 year ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

That is the same switch that is removed from Rush pins when swapping in the factory replacement for the “recall” (of the switch and scoop protectors) that most new owners got for free when they got a Rush pin. So if you know somebody with a Rush who did the switch swap, they removed this switch and may still have it lying around.
[quoted image]

Why are those being replaced on Rush? Just a defective batch?

#11523 1 year ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

Why are those being replaced on Rush? Just a defective batch?

No. The wrong switch was installed from the factory on the early pins.

#11524 1 year ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

No. The wrong switch was installed from the factory on the early pins.

Gotcha

#11525 1 year ago

Had Premium for a week now - and looking for some info on the collapsing bridge...
I never see the bridge actually collapse in game. Diagnostic check has it working, but not sure which feature or shots needed to activate the bridge collapse.

Looking for a knowledge dump on how/when this becomes part of my gameplay experience.

Also - is there a good guide out there explaining all the game modes, battles, etc.?

#11526 1 year ago
Quoted from cigarman79:

Also - is there a good guide out there explaining all the game modes, battles, etc.?

This is a good overview. I actually printed it out and keep it near the machine.

https://insider.sternpinball.com/documents/15/Godzilla-Rulesheet.pdf

#11527 1 year ago
Quoted from Beyndtstng:

If there is interest in this, then I would be happy to do it

Yes please! Can/will you save it (VOD) for later viewing? Just want to make sure I get to see it

thanks!

#11528 1 year ago
Quoted from scootss:

Yes please! Can/will you save it (VOD) for later viewing? Just want to make sure I get to see it
thanks!

Yes, I’ll have him set it up like that. Will probably do it live next Friday morning. I will create a new post with particulars. Thank you all for the feedback. Looking forward to it.

#11529 1 year ago

Wanted to give a big shout out to ZMeny for taking care of me with Godzilla Premium. FedEx freight damaged my initial order and Zach had a new one shipped and at my door less than a week later. Incredible service! Thanks man! Happy to officially join the club!

#11530 1 year ago

Thanks SimplePin - Printed.

Just will look for tutorials/videos/explanation on how to actually activate the bridge collapsing

#11531 1 year ago
Quoted from cigarman79:

Thanks SimpleSkin - Printed.
Just will look for tutorials/videos/explanation on how to actually activate the bridge collapsing

Short answer is you hit switches to reach a threshold to then light the magnagrab to damage the bridge - effectively a virtual lock. On the premium I guess the bridge will shake when you make that damage shot. You repeat that until the bridge is out, I think 4 hits to start, the bridge physically drops down/opens, and one of the ramps will be lit to start the Bridge multiball. The ball will fall off the downed/open bridge to start it.

#11532 1 year ago

Officially joined the club today and pretty stoked to have one of these... BUT

After setting up the machine in my basement and powering on the game for the first time (coin door closed, high power active) the building motor emitted a continuous whirring / whining noise after which I immediately powered the game down.

After shutting the game down, I checked both above and below the playfield for any physical obstructions to the building (i.e., loose wire looms, etc.) as well as checked whether the building was making contact with the sides of the opening in the playfield. I found no physical obstructions that would cause the building to "stick" which in turn would cause the motor to just whir / whine. I then attempted to move the building's lifting / lowering mechanism by hand by turning the belt manually. I first lowered the building and that appeared to work fine as the building appeared to lower to its resting position without issue. However, I then tried raising the building to its highest position. That was problematic. While I could raise the building partially by manually turning the belt, at a certain point, it would just stop moving as if the mechanism was blocked from the inside. I suspect this "blockage" is what is causing the whirring / whining motor noise that I hear (i.e., the motor is attempting to raise the building fully but cannot do to some obstruction in the mechanism).

I presume something got jostled / jacked up in shipping or else there is an issue with the mechanism itself. I have just sent an email to Stern and hope to hear back in the coming days but if anyone out in the Godzilla universe has any ideas as to the possible issue let me know. (May 31, 2022 Build BTW). Thanks!

#11533 1 year ago
Quoted from EZ-Rhino:

Officially joined the club today and pretty stoked to have one of these... BUT
After setting up the machine in my basement and powering on the game for the first time (coin door closed, high power active) the building motor emitted a continuous whirring / whining noise after which I immediately powered the game down.
After shutting the game down, I checked both above and below the playfield for any physical obstructions to the building (i.e., loose wire looms, etc.) as well as checked whether the building was making contact with the sides of the opening in the playfield. I found no physical obstructions that would cause the building to "stick" which in turn would cause the motor to just whir / whine. I then attempted to move the building's lifting / lowering mechanism by hand by turning the belt manually. I first lowered the building and that appeared to work fine as the building appeared to lower to its resting position without issue. However, I then tried raising the building to its highest position. That was problematic. While I could raise the building partially by manually turning the belt, at a certain point, it would just stop moving as if the mechanism was blocked from the inside. I suspect this "blockage" is what is causing the whirring / whining motor noise that I hear (i.e., the motor is attempting to raise the building fully but cannot do to some obstruction in the mechanism).
I presume something got jostled / jacked up in shipping or else there is an issue with the mechanism itself. I have just sent an email to Stern and hope to hear back in the coming days but if anyone out in the Godzilla universe has any ideas as to the possible issue let me know. (May 31, 2022 Build BTW). Thanks!

That sucks. I seem to remember at least one building that was jammed up by a screw or nut that had found it’s way in the mech. Worth checking carefully! Hope it’s an easy fix.

#11534 1 year ago
Quoted from cigarman79:

Thanks SimpleSkin - Printed.

Watch next Friday. I’ll even show a nice little strat to get into a second round of supers.

#11535 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Easier way is to loosen guide bolt under field, squeeze guide inward and re tighten. Before and after pics. Huge difference, much easier to hit loop shot

Just did this. Very easy. So happy with the results. Thanks for posting!

#11536 1 year ago

Just put in my order for a Premium machine! I'll soon own my first pin ever! Should get it in 2 to 6 weeks and already had two sleepless nights thinking about how I'm going to rearrange the room for it and stuff.

#11537 1 year ago
Quoted from solzerid:

Just put in my order for a Premium machine! I'll soon own my first pin ever! Should get it in 2 to 6 weeks and already had two sleepless nights thinking about how I'm going to rearrange the room for it and stuff.

It will feel like waiting for Christmas,The night before it may be impossible to sleep.Enjoy

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#11538 1 year ago

Join the club the other day, premium with a build date of May 31st.
I had the shooter Lane problem too where the plunger is hitting the auto shoot metal bracket. The fix for me was simply to slide the playfield to the left a little bit. Playfield definitely has more left to right wiggle room in the cabinet than my other two sterns.

What do people have their scoop eject power set to?

When the ball shoots out of scoop on my machine the left flipper has a lot of give. I would expect it to be like a bunt in baseball and The flipper not to move. Should I try tightening the flipper or do others have this as well?

#11539 1 year ago
Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

What do people have their scoop eject power set to?

I have 5/31 machine also. I just lowered it a bit until it would come out, bounce off left flipper, and go up right inlane to set up a shot (I haven't been able to catch it at this setting, but its better than it bouncing into a slingshot. I want to say the value was like 215 but i cant recall

#11540 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

I have 5/31 machine also

Me too! Seems like it was a busy day as I have seen a bunch posted with 5/31 build dates

#11541 1 year ago
Quoted from solzerid:

Some people ordered in Nov. 2021 and are still waiting, you only have to wait 6 weeks?

#11542 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Some people ordered in Nov. 2021 and are still waiting, you only have to wait 6 weeks?

lol i ordered in the first hour after reveal and still waiting

#11543 1 year ago

Rejoined the club this past week with a May 31 build machine. I previously owned a “display game” but took the opportunity to replace it with a brand new one. I originally ordered this one last September.

Works perfectly out of the box. Flippers seem a bit stronger than my previous one. Such an amazing game - this and Rush are two of the best games Stern has made. They are truly firing on all cylinders right now.

#11544 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

I ordered one last Friday and got it this week Thursday, 6 days from contact to delivery. I contacted at least 15-20 distros over several weeks. If your deposit is refundable you should shop around..would not be surprised if you found one in stock. The 5/31 run was huge, and someone said they went back on the line this month. And July..

People that ordered from the most popular distributors seem to be the ones waiting the longest.

#11545 1 year ago

Fingers crossed, hope to be part of the 5/31 club.

#11546 1 year ago

Is my playfield print bad or am i nitpicking?

20220617_210909 (resized).jpg20220617_210909 (resized).jpg20220617_210918 (resized).jpg20220617_210918 (resized).jpg20220617_210926 (resized).jpg20220617_210926 (resized).jpg20220617_210932 (resized).jpg20220617_210932 (resized).jpg20220617_210952 (resized).jpg20220617_210952 (resized).jpg
#11547 1 year ago
Quoted from Pugster:

That sucks. I seem to remember at least one building that was jammed up by a screw or nut that had found it’s way in the mech. Worth checking carefully! Hope it’s an easy fix.

Bingo... See pics. The loose bolt was jamming up the building motor... Now I just need to figure out if that goes to anything. I have updated Stern on the finding and will see what their tech support says about it. Machine is not showing any errors and I downloaded 0.96 code update successfully (I have a 31 May build date which apparently shipped with the 0.94 code).

IMG_20220618_113525646 (resized).jpgIMG_20220618_113525646 (resized).jpgIMG_20220618_113614555 (resized).jpgIMG_20220618_113614555 (resized).jpgIMG_20220618_113827218 (resized).jpgIMG_20220618_113827218 (resized).jpg
#11548 1 year ago

That bolt is usually in the coin door on the coin mechs

#11549 1 year ago
Quoted from mackey256:

That bolt is usually in the coin door on the coin mechs

I'll check there and see if there is a missing bolt... Thanks!

#11550 1 year ago

Joined the club this week - mine has a June 1 build date. Two issues that I have run into and can use some advice:

The ball plunger is very erratic. When I first played the game the plunger couldn’t launch the ball onto the playfield. Lifter and readjusted the playfield a bit but it’s still off. Works so,Erika’s but is really weak. Auto plunge is ok.

Other issue when the ball is being returned for, the ramp to the right inlane the ball doesn’t just fall through the wire form into the inlane, it bounces off the end of the wire form, goes backwards, and the falls into the inlane. Assuming it’s just an adjustment I need to make but not sure what to adjust

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 210.00
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Kingston, OK
9,000 (OBO)
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 35.00
$ 100.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 27,390 posts in this topic. You are on page 231 of 548.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/231?hl=eyeamred2u and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.