PXL_20240415_201849415 (resized).jpg
IMG_2601 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2538 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1444 (resized).jpg
IMG_7006.jpg
gdz opto receiver (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,393 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 548.
#1101 2 years ago

Played Godzilla at Expo. Believe the hype. It’s a phenomenal pin. Excellent job by the Stern crew. It looks amazing in person. The cabinet decals on the limited are sick. Definitely, stick the machine on the end of a row and do not hide that beauty.

Zombie Yeti art work and colors are perfect.

#1102 2 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

I did see something about the tail whip shot being with twice the points if you combo it, as described.
Dunno if the destruction jackpot is affected though.

Yeah, not for the destruction jackpot though. AFAIK

#1103 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Yeah, not for the destruction jackpot though. AFAIK

There are ways to multiply the destruction jackpot. Not sure exactly how I got it to 3X earlier today.

#1104 2 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

There are ways to multiply the destruction jackpot. Not sure exactly how I got it to 3X earlier today.

Hmmm… score multipliers don’t seem to work on my game. Must be a code bug.
: )

#1105 2 years ago
Quoted from fuseholder:

Played Godzilla at Expo. Believe the hype. It’s a phenomenal pin. Excellent job by the Stern crew. It looks amazing in person. The cabinet decals on the limited are sick. Definitely, stick the machine on the end of a row and do not hide that beauty.
Zombie Yeti art work and colors are perfect.

Ace of Spades!

#1106 2 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Hmmm… score multipliers don’t seem to work on my game. Must be a code bug.
: )

I’m gonna check out the Rule-sheet at Tilt Forums.

Edit: pasted from there below

Destruction Jackpot:

After each Multiball played (and after collecting 5 Tail Whips), the Destruction Jackpot will be ready at the building shot. Shoot the building, and the Magna-Grab post will hold the ball then drop it to the upper flipper after about 10 seconds. Shoot the loop to collect the Destruction Jackpot, and raise the multiplier for the next Destruction Jackpot collected in a game. A brief grace period is given to collect the Destruction Jackpot if you miss the initial loop shot.

The Destruction Jackpot value = the base value x jackpot multipler.

Base Value: Starts at 3,500,000, and increases by up to 20% of the points scored during Multiball. The base value resets at the end of every ball.

Jackpot Multiplier: Starts at 1X. Add +1X for each successfully collected Destruction Jackpot.
A lit Destruction Jackpot and the Jackpot Multiplier seem to carryover after draining but the Base Value will reset.

#1107 2 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

I’m not a deep rules researcher. I’ve just never played a game where the ball can take so many different lines and end up in so many different places. Just when you think you know what to expect it peaks it’s head out from somewhere else. It’s an amazing use of the playfield.
I’ve never been this awe struck over a new game and I’ve had many NIB games in the past 10 years.
Godzilla. Over the top. Maybe the best ever? Anyone?
Honeymoon I’m sure but, it’s killer

Ok, so what is the official timeframe of the new pin honeymoon stage? I’ve never seen this much positive and so little negative in a new pin. It’s so fun and refreshing to hear all the universal praise. Love it.

#1108 2 years ago

Another thing that needs to be updated in the next code.

The magna grab holds the ball nice and tight for the destruction jackpot. It does not do that for a regular magna grab though. It wobbles around which makes it not drop to the upper flipper correctly (unless times perfectly). It should be held right just like it does during the destruction jackpot shot.

#1109 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Another thing that needs to be updated in the next code.
The magna grab holds the ball nice and tight for the destruction jackpot. It does not do that for a regular magna grab though. It wobbles around which makes it not drop to the upper flipper correctly (unless times perfectly). It should be held right just like it does during the destruction jackpot shot.

Yes. This is a negative change since 0.77. The grab was great in that rev and earlier, but .79 and .80 are much worse. I assume it's all part of the dialing in process, but it would be nice to have a menu option for how strong the magna grab is.

#1110 2 years ago
Quoted from dpkzone:

Ok, so what is the official timeframe of the new pin honeymoon stage? I’ve never seen this much positive and so little negative in a new pin. It’s so fun and refreshing to hear all the universal praise. Love it.

Quoted from dpkzone:

I’m about a week or so with it and I’m calling it now that this game is an absolute masterpiece. Will be a pinball classic.

It’s the total package in pinball.

#1111 2 years ago

I’ve put in about 25 games tonight and loving it. The rules are pretty easy to get a hang off and there are an incredible amount of shots. I am liking it even more the JP. Easily my favorite Stern game I own. Stern Insider is cool too. It was so nice not needing a flash drive and computer to update and the achievements are a fun touch. I picked up the conversion insider kit for JP and DP.

#1112 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yes. This is a negative change since 0.77. The grab was great in that rev and earlier, but .79 and .80 are much worse. I assume it's all part of the dialing in process, but it would be nice to have a menu option for how strong the magna grab is.

I agree. I’m extremely happy with my 4 pin collection right now. Godzilla is the absolute best in pinball though. For once the hype is real. Last night at expo, everyone playing it seemed to be having a blast with it. It was noticeable.

#1113 2 years ago

King Ghidorah is in .80. Just fought him. Godzilla, Mothra, Rodan, & Anguirus v King Ghidorah. Don’t know how I unlocked that second column of monsters, but I did. I beat Ebirah and played all the multiballs with super jackpots achieved, and had the tanks and planes inserts lit. Dunno, but it let me fight him. Every shot starts green, hit a shot to turn yellow, hit again to turn red, hit again to unlight. All shots. One ball. I got pretty far down it before it timed out, looked up in time to see Godzilla chunk a boulder and hit a fleeing Ghidorah and the Xilien declare that Ghidorah put up an unacceptable effort, while Godzilla Bro hugged Rodan. It would be wildly helpful to take a charged Heat Ray into that fight.

#1114 2 years ago
Quoted from JSC:

I’ve put in about a dozen games tonight and loving it. The rules are pretty easy to get a hang off and there are an incredible amount of shots. I am liking it even more the JP. This is going to be considered amongst the all time greats I think. Stern Insider is cool too. It was so nice not needing a flash drive and computer to update and the achievements are a fun touch. I picked up the conversion insider kit for JP and DP.

How were you able to get the conversion kit? I haven’t seen on Stern’s site yet.

#1115 2 years ago
Quoted from RikV:

How were you able to get the conversion kit? I haven’t seen on Stern’s site yet.

Flip n Out has them listed:

Pro
https://www.flipnoutpinball.com/product-page/stern-insider-connected-retrofit-kit-for-pro-models
insiderkit_pro (resized).jpeginsiderkit_pro (resized).jpeg

Prem/LE
https://www.flipnoutpinball.com/product-page/stern-insider-connected-retrofit-kit-for-prem-le-models
stern_insider_kit (resized).jpegstern_insider_kit (resized).jpeg

#1116 2 years ago

Finally had a chance to unbox Zilla LE #689 and the game looks beautiful. I can't say how it plays though unfortunately.

My son played the first game and second ball in the ball just disappeared. We couldn't see it anywhere and ball search did not find it. The game finally gave up, ended the cycle and served a new ball.

He the started another game and the same thing happened. We finally pulled the playfield out and forward to find the ball stuck underneath the right orbit plastic. Unfortunately it appears the tech building the playfield decided it wasn't important to install all of the ball guides! SMH.

I've been doing this for over 20 years and never seen anything like that. Looks like I won't be playing my game for awhile....

IMG_8072X (resized).JPGIMG_8072X (resized).JPGIMG_8074D (resized).JPGIMG_8074D (resized).JPGIMG_8079D (resized).JPGIMG_8079D (resized).JPG
#1117 2 years ago

Godzilla LE #17 has landed! 1st of all this is THE BEST Stern I've ever played. Instant classic. I was sad to see upon inspection that my left side art blade was damaged upon arrival. Distributor hoping to get resolved with Stern asap. What do you guys think?

It was really depressing to see the damaged art. My real concern is the bare wood I see.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1118 2 years ago
Quoted from RikV:

I got them from mad pinball. There a new official distributor.

https://www.madpinball.com/products/stern-insider-connected-upgrade-kit-preorder

#1119 2 years ago

Should be priced at $150 tops. I do like it and think it’s cool. Played a GZ pro and the feature is better than I expected. My daughters both created an account while we were at the arcade.

Hopefully will play an LE soon so I can see of its worth the extra $2200. The pro is a blast.

#1120 2 years ago
Quoted from RoyalJack:

Godzilla LE #17 has landed! 1st of all this is THE BEST Stern I've ever played. Instant classic. I was sad to see upon inspection that my left side art blade was damaged upon arrival. Distributor hoping to get resolved with Stern asap. What do you guys think?
It was really depressing to see the damaged art. My real concern is the bare wood I see.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Ahhh, so you are the one that got #17 - I asked for it.... to match my #17 JP and #17 AIQ

#1121 2 years ago
Quoted from RoyalJack:

It was really depressing to see the damaged art. My real concern is the bare wood I see.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Oh man that sucks. Especially since the cabinet was damaged. Someone really messed up. That should have never shipped that way. I would get some wood putty. I have used this before and works great. It’s a powder and you just add water. You can sand it and paint it. Home Depot carries it. It’s cheap.

9A3734DE-B942-4F9B-8581-3E5F03B6FF88 (resized).jpeg9A3734DE-B942-4F9B-8581-3E5F03B6FF88 (resized).jpeg

#1122 2 years ago
Quoted from RoyalJack:

Bummer man. Hope they make that right. Glad to hear you’re enjoying the game though. I like that ninja gaiden arcade picture in the background!

#1123 2 years ago
Quoted from RikV:

I got one of order from Rob at Mad Pinball.

Last I checked, he had some more preorder slots open.

https://www.madpinball.com/products/stern-insider-connected-upgrade-kit-preorder

#1124 2 years ago
Quoted from RoyalJack:

Personally, I'd take the lazy way out and take a Sharpie to that wood area. Doubt you'd even notice it after that unless you were looking for it.

#1125 2 years ago

Gentlemen, I give you a proper Godzilla at home in his corner.

For any of these figures you are going to have to remove some portion of the tail for him to fit. Just not enough room back there to fit it all.

2C1EEF16-044F-495B-A65A-BAB307433DE3 (resized).jpeg2C1EEF16-044F-495B-A65A-BAB307433DE3 (resized).jpeg

5E69C564-723E-4237-B970-687E4367D4CD (resized).jpeg5E69C564-723E-4237-B970-687E4367D4CD (resized).jpeg06AED305-BE45-44F8-B97D-9DA66D501159 (resized).jpeg06AED305-BE45-44F8-B97D-9DA66D501159 (resized).jpeg4338A1A4-AD49-4887-BDE9-C062751B7D0E (resized).jpeg4338A1A4-AD49-4887-BDE9-C062751B7D0E (resized).jpeg
#1126 2 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

For any of these figures you are going to have to remove some portion of the tail for him to fit. Just not enough room back there to fit it all.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks good! Which one did you I with?

#1127 2 years ago

Monsterarts Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla II Poster Art (Noriyoshi) figure

#1128 2 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Did you drill / screw into his feet like the stock one was attached? I have the movie poster Neca I need to install yet.

#1129 2 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

Did you drill / screw into his feet like the stock one was attached? I have the movie poster Neca I need to install yet.

I’m going to use 3M sticky pads and maybe some museum putty and see if it holds well enough. I’m working through it all now. Will report back.

#1130 2 years ago

Anyone else in Florida Waiting on their LE ?
So far a bunch of Florida ones out of the Box having issues. I was told better for the later LE's but i didnt see many Defects on first run Of LE's and here out of the last few posted we have issues...oh boy.
The NIB lottery is very worrisome at this level of $$$$$$$

#1131 2 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

[quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Can you include pic of box or details can’t find this on eBay

#1132 2 years ago

I straight up used hot glue on the foot lol.
The topl off a portion of the tail and zip tied it to the post behind the building.

Quoted from gambit3113:

I’m going to use 3M sticky pads and maybe some museum putty and see if it holds well enough. I’m working through it all now. Will report back.

#1133 2 years ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

Ahhh, so you are the one that got #17 - I asked for it.... to match my #17 JP and #17 AIQ

Oh man, sorry to steal your number!

#1134 2 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

So far a bunch of Florida ones out of the Box having issues. I was told better for the later LE's but i didnt see many Defects on first run Of LE's and here out of the last few posted we have issues...oh boy.

I set up #490 from the pinball dudes yesterday night. No issues yet that i could find. What kind of problems are you having? Amazing game.

#1135 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Bummer man. Hope they make that right. Glad to hear you’re enjoying the game though. I like that ninja gaiden arcade picture in the background!

Thanks! I actually found that original marquee at an estate sale and then built a light box for it. Its not turned on in the picture but it looks awesome powered up. My office/arcade is a bit crazy right now. We've been remodeling our house so things keep getting moved around.

#1136 2 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

I just got mine in Milton, FL (near Pensacola) and the game plays perfectly. The only mishap was the damaged art blade. My distributor said he'll make sure Stern takes care of it and will be in touch with them on Monday.

I must say though raising and lowering this playfield is a tight fit so I see how this happened at the factory but it should have been caught in final quality control.

#1137 2 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Just did search because I think this looks really good. I only see them for like 350-400 bucks!

#1138 2 years ago
Quoted from beltking:

Can you include pic of box or details can’t find this on eBay

This is the box. I love this one because he’s in the Toho style used for the art, and is green with blue spikes to match, as well. But there are a ton of options out there.

Search “Monsterarts Noriyoshi poster” and you will find some a bit cheaper. I found mine for less than $200. eBay, Mercari, FB Groups for Godzilla figs.... I can help and post up ones I see here if people are interested.

I make no endorsement of sellers, just finds of the figure:

https://merc.li/mcDWRq5Yb

EAC3CBBD-A336-46D7-8F79-F4EED9E1E414 (resized).jpegEAC3CBBD-A336-46D7-8F79-F4EED9E1E414 (resized).jpeg
#1139 2 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Quake hold museum putty becomes museum pudding over time with the heat under the glass. It WILL ooze and drip eventually. Not recommended.

#1140 2 years ago

Played the premium a bunch at expo, this game is the real deal. Really looking forward to getting ours

#1141 2 years ago

In order to use the bigger figure you will have to lose the top plastic that the stock figure’s tail fits under. You could butcher the plastic to fit around, but unless a ball somehow manages to pop up into that corner during gameplay, I’m going to just leave the top level plastic off. I used the same holes for the stock fig tail zip tie to wiggle a new zip tie and strap across the new one’s spikes and tail stub, and just used some 3M double sided sticky pads on his feet. He isn’t going anywhere.

The Monsterarts figs have extremely opposable tails, and there is a ball and socket joint holding the tail onto the body. There just isn’t enough room to fit all that tail in that corner and have the figure sit back in a good position. But you cannot see the tail at all back there, so even with it missing it looks just fine.

I am attaching pictures of the tail where I separated it. You just turn and pull slightly and it will pop right out. You can replace and it holds completely normally. This does not harm the figure at all.

9BC0EEA0-F013-454A-AFC4-A6E9D2E1E6B6 (resized).jpeg9BC0EEA0-F013-454A-AFC4-A6E9D2E1E6B6 (resized).jpegA4EE1301-D905-4EA6-B6C4-76809C78DFC2 (resized).jpegA4EE1301-D905-4EA6-B6C4-76809C78DFC2 (resized).jpeg95AA087D-8548-4EAC-A540-D5B944530484 (resized).jpeg95AA087D-8548-4EAC-A540-D5B944530484 (resized).jpegF6F21C72-23CE-4A86-B807-50B2FC054439 (resized).jpegF6F21C72-23CE-4A86-B807-50B2FC054439 (resized).jpeg
#1142 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

No, I know about the brain surgery stuff. I'm just wondering if it slowed down his responses or gave him Alien Hand syndrome where the hand gets a mind of its own.

OT: Yes exactly that, its call Alien hand syndrome mostly affects my hand but also my left arm sometimes, it is what happens when the left and right side of your brain stop communicating... you don’t recognize one side of your body.. horror movie shit! (and not good for your pinball game play)

#1143 2 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

OT: Yes exactly that, its call Alien hand syndrome mostly affects my hand but also my left arm sometimes, it is what happens when the left and right side of your brain stop communicating... you don’t recognize one side of your body.. horror movie shit and not good for your pinball game play!

Yeah, I've seen news stories on it. I knew you could get it from accidents/brain injury, but I didn't know you could get it from brain surgery. What you mentioned just sounded like it, which is why I asked. One guy that was on 60 minutes had a hand that would grab the remote and change the channel all the time. It really very visibly frustrated him. I can't imagine dealing with it in a pinball scenario, but it sounds like you're managing ok. Is there a chance it will fade as your brain heals?

#1144 2 years ago

There is room on right side for another figure. Wish they made a gigan or something.

#1145 2 years ago
Quoted from beltking:

There is room on right side for another figure. Wish they made a gigan or something.

I’m hoping a Jet Jaguar figure can fit there since he shows when you do the loop.

#1146 2 years ago

Out of the club, But Glad the Game is Made and you Bought so to get many to play out there

#1147 2 years ago

I don’t want to get all hyped up and I know the code is early but after putting a bunch of games on the LE this may be the best game I’ve ever played, definitely the best Stern I have ever played! The layout is superb, this game really is an incredible shooter!

#1148 2 years ago
Quoted from beltking:

Oh, there are figures for any and all of them. Let me play around with it later and see what I can find that fits.

7002385C-2F8A-4E17-95DE-8BF0D1AEC749 (resized).jpeg7002385C-2F8A-4E17-95DE-8BF0D1AEC749 (resized).jpeg
#1149 2 years ago
Quoted from UnholySpectacle:

I’m hoping a Jet Jaguar figure can fit there since he shows when you do the loop.

Well. Look there. This is the Bandai one that is readily available at Target right now. He’s in the back of the store with the Funko Pops, on the back wall of the electronics section. He fits like a glove.

22AEDC89-1A58-4C50-B959-441676F16145 (resized).jpeg22AEDC89-1A58-4C50-B959-441676F16145 (resized).jpeg28E5BC44-9FD7-46F2-9771-F38CFD01145C (resized).jpeg28E5BC44-9FD7-46F2-9771-F38CFD01145C (resized).jpeg63842B83-DAF7-45A5-8C1E-E8BE24EC01C3 (resized).jpeg63842B83-DAF7-45A5-8C1E-E8BE24EC01C3 (resized).jpeg7B139C6D-DDF5-4AA9-99B8-016E6F307AE5 (resized).jpeg7B139C6D-DDF5-4AA9-99B8-016E6F307AE5 (resized).jpeg

E1E8EF87-4BF8-47AA-BC0B-0CD7800B85EB (resized).jpegE1E8EF87-4BF8-47AA-BC0B-0CD7800B85EB (resized).jpeg

#1150 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, I've seen news stories on it. I knew you could get it from accidents/brain injury, but I didn't know you could get it from brain surgery. What you mentioned just sounded like it, which is why I asked. One guy that was on 60 minutes had a hand that would grab the remote and change the channel all the time. It really very visibly frustrated him. I can't imagine dealing with it in a pinball scenario, but it sounds like you're managing ok. Is there a chance it will fade as your brain heals?

Sounds like this is the way it will be as the brain doesn’t heal from radiation treatment, could alway be worse I guess.

I want to mention to all of you LE guys, be very careful lifting your playfields. With the art blades on this game the playfield seem to fit very tight! You can easily damage your art blades when lifting your playfield. I highly recommend using some type of protection like what is pictured below to protect your blades.

A7B2BC76-2794-4E4F-8A06-4FE73168B3D7 (resized).jpegA7B2BC76-2794-4E4F-8A06-4FE73168B3D7 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 240.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Myers, FL
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Kingston, OK
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 27,393 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 548.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/23 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.