IMG_1384 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0814 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0815 (resized).jpeg
20240319_163550 (resized).jpg
20240319_163609 (resized).jpg
20240319_163600 (resized).jpg
20240318_181310 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,172 posts in this topic. You are on page 229 of 544.
#11401 1 year ago

Also finally joined the club yesterday. As with others recently, a May 31st build date.

Seems to be good right out of the box. As I am known to do, I’ll play the game for about a week without much tweaking, by next weekend I’ll have it leveled perfectly and my few mods installed. Out of the box and eye-balling I got it at 6.6 pitch, but it does feel a tad floaty right at the flippers, shots all hit though and no SDTM issues from the left of the building shot like I experienced with another example.

Ladies first on the maiden game of course! Happy wife, happy life as they say.

F4FF3841-E05A-40F4-949E-5841BA5BF68C (resized).jpegF4FF3841-E05A-40F4-949E-5841BA5BF68C (resized).jpeg

3F174B30-B173-4E2D-AD84-225C59B80E9D (resized).jpeg3F174B30-B173-4E2D-AD84-225C59B80E9D (resized).jpeg8C0D54DE-E67B-481A-98D3-795BD3C645E3 (resized).jpeg8C0D54DE-E67B-481A-98D3-795BD3C645E3 (resized).jpegE9411509-2E07-4CDD-8227-CA70263D214F (resized).jpegE9411509-2E07-4CDD-8227-CA70263D214F (resized).jpeg
#11402 1 year ago
Quoted from Pugster:

I like that one! Pretty similar to the NECA
I went with, just different coloration. Any thoughts on where you’re going to put your jets? I have two as well, I know they’ll be in formation but I haven’t decided if they’ll be launching missiles or lining up to make a run on the big guy…
Sidebar - It’s quite hilarious to me I’m 2000+ miles away from home training for a pretty massive “upgrade” at my job and I’m debating where to put toys inside of a larger toy. I think it’s because I got word a few days ago Godzilla had landed at my distro and is waiting upon my return! Can’t wait to share build date and pics.

Not sure where all put the jets, possibly on the sling plastics? Decide when I get the machine I guess. I just love the figure, cannot wait to get him installed, and of course TDiddy's building mod as well

#11403 1 year ago

Got a tracking number for my city burning speaker lights mod. Jan. purchase. looking forward to installing them.

#11404 1 year ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

Not sure where all put the jets, possibly on the sling plastics? Decide when I get the machine I guess. I just love the figure, cannot wait to get him installed, and of course TDiddy's building mod as well

I put in 4, on brass rod legs. The tallest 2 vibrate with the shaker

20220610_080124 (resized).jpg20220610_080124 (resized).jpg20220610_080127 (resized).jpg20220610_080127 (resized).jpg20220610_080131 (resized).jpg20220610_080131 (resized).jpg
#11405 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I put in 4, on brass rod legs. The tallest 2 vibrate with the shaker
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Where did you find the silver jets? I can't seem to locate those.

#11406 1 year ago
Quoted from Pugster:

I like that one! Pretty similar to the NECA
I went with, just different coloration. Any thoughts on where you’re going to put your jets? I have two as well, I know they’ll be in formation but I haven’t decided if they’ll be launching missiles or lining up to make a run on the big guy…
Sidebar - It’s quite hilarious to me I’m 2000+ miles away from home training for a pretty massive “upgrade” at my job and I’m debating where to put toys inside of a larger toy. I think it’s because I got word a few days ago Godzilla had landed at my distro and is waiting upon my return! Can’t wait to share build date and pics.

My Prem is en route to my place right now also!!

#11407 1 year ago
Quoted from marspinball:

Where did you find the silver jets? I can't seem to locate those.

ebay.com link: itm

You have to glue them together, plastic not metal, but are holding up fine, 800+ plays

#11409 1 year ago

Hey - let's bring some fun back to Pinside... It would be super cool to have a Godzilla MOD contest..
Winner gets bragging rights!

Or someone should sponsor a Zilla Mod contest.. Love to see what ya'll can do..

Create a Thread and chonk it full of the best Modded out games..

Be cool if we could just have lot's of Pics and a Poll to vote..

#11410 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Ya, I get what you're saying, and it's not on the driver. But the warehouse workers need to do better.

1000%

#11411 1 year ago

Hey there. What's your strategy for a big points game? What do you try first, second, etc?

I usually try to start a Kaiju Battle as I'm am aiming at Godzilla Multiball or Mecha Multiball.

My highest score is just under 1B.

Looking for advice. TiA

#11412 1 year ago
Quoted from tedwasright:

Hey there. What's your strategy for a big points game? What do you try first, second, etc?
I usually try to start a Kaiju Battle as I'm am aiming at Godzilla Multiball or Mecha Multiball.
Looking for advice. TiA

Here is my tournament strategy....... and backup plan if shit goes south.....

I'm all ears but don't want to give it up.

#11413 1 year ago
Quoted from tedwasright:

Looking for advice. TiA

I have started concentrating on getting heat Ray ready first. Then try to start rage combo and get the ally from that. If that doesn’t work, get jets going, collect a couple then use heat Ray to collect the rest and get an ally on the scoop. Then get another heat Ray or start your battle at the scoop and take rodan into it.

Megalon is the most valuable, but Ebirah is a bit safer. Try either one. Stay in Tokyo until you’ve played everything and are forced to move on. Keep getting heat rays. Shoot spinner, live catch repeat. Over and over.

Use heat rays to help advance faster in all the MBs. I take a heat Ray into almost everything I’m doing. I use 4-5 a game.

#11414 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I have started concentrating on getting heat Ray ready first. Then try to start rage combo and get the ally from that. If that doesn’t work, get jets going, collect a couple then use heat Ray to collect the rest and get an ally on the scoop. Then get another heat Ray or start your battle at the scoop and take rodan into it.
Megalon is the most valuable, but Ebirah is a bit safer. Try either one. Stay in Tokyo until you’ve played everything and are forced to move on. Keep getting heat rays. Shoot spinner, live catch repeat. Over and over.
Use heat rays to help advance faster in all the MBs. I take a heat Ray into almost everything I’m doing. I use 4-5 a game.

Get thru your Powerups as fast as possible. - Get mini wizard mode.. Almost a guaranteed 300k.
Slow you roll.. While the game has some great flow. There are so many hazards that will take you down.

Ball 1 is all about setting up everything. Pick possible 2 strategies . If you can knock down Ebira or Titanasaurus
Your might want build up your battle timers before you take on Megladon ..

Anyhow - Zilla is great. Though I notice the more Zilla I play the crappier i get at Jurrasic Park.. No idea why.

#11415 1 year ago
Quoted from izzy:

Got a tracking number for my city burning speaker lights mod. Jan. purchase. looking forward to installing them.

That is great news! Can't wait to see them installed.

#11416 1 year ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

Hey - let's bring some fun back to Pinside... It would be super cool to have a Godzilla MOD contest..

Too late, chipscott wins hands down!!

#11417 1 year ago

Get thru your Powerups as fast as possible. - Get mini wizard mode.. Almost a guaranteed 300k.

That’s way too far from the start button. That 300 million is also had by a nice 2x megalon mode. That’s like 5-6 shots away from starting.

If you play long enough to get to one of the mini wizards, your score should be almost a billion already.

Hard to concentrate on power ups. Just let them happen.

Selling out on hitting the scoop can end your game prematurely too. Basically you never want to shoot the scoop with only powerup lit. Get more for your money.

#11418 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

That’s way too far from the start button. That 300 million is also had by a nice 2x megalon mode. That’s like 5-6 shots away from starting.
If you play long enough to get to one of the mini wizards, your score should be almost a billion already.
Selling out on hitting the scoop can end your game prematurely too. Basically you never want to shoot the scoop with only powerup lit. Get more for your money.

I'll also note that a lot depends on the particular way your game plays. For example, a lot of people's machines don't allow them to hit a bunch of loops. Most of the time, mine does (I keep playing with different setups—steepness, flipper rubber, etc—to try to find one that is as steep as possible while avoiding ball traps). Since hitting a bunch of loops can quickly qualify tons of powerups, I often end up doing that early in the game.

On the flip side, the center spinner figures prominently into many people's strategies because it can be super valuable in many ways (heat ray, super spinner, driving up megalon values, terror, hedorah, etc). Unfortunately, my center spinner can sometimes take 7 to 8 hits to finish the corresponding ebirah shot. So it doesn't currently figure prominently into my approach.

#11419 1 year ago

Yikes. Hopefully you can fix your center spinner. Should take two for Ebirah. No more. 1 a piece for the lower spinners on good rips.

And even when mine gets to 8-10 rips to light the next heat Ray, still a safe feed for live catching and repeating.

#11420 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yikes. Hopefully you can fix your center spinner. Should take two for Ebirah. No more. 1 a piece for the lower spinners on good rips.
And even when mine gets to 8-10 rips to light the next heat Ray, still a safe feed for live catching and repeating.

Tell me about it.

It's been one of my long lingering issues. I was waiting for the spinner bracket to be in stock to get a new one (as well as the switch) because just wanted to replace it because had no success with the leaf adjustment tool (as people here can see over the months). The bracket wasn't carried by anyone. Marco contacted Stern and is going to get it (though hasn't yet). In the meantime, I bought the switch (along with other stuff) and my order arrived yesterday. Unfortunately, the only part missing was that piece. I'm sure they'll get it out to me soon. That was just the item I was most looking forward to getting so a bit of a bummer. Obviously, no big deal waiting another week to try.

And if/when I finally get a properly functioning spinner, I foresee 10b+ following close behind. It's a really important shot for a lot of reasons score potential wise.

#11421 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah I agree with this. Powerups build as you do "things". Just do regular "things" and the powerups will be there waiting. The small caveat to that is, if I have a clean shot at a loop, I will always try to get 3 in a row specifically for a powerup +1. This depends on how clean that loop shot is in the game you are playing. I find it more difficult trying to determine when it makes sense to jump out of city early and when to complete the four city goals. I also haven't quite figured out if there is a clear advantage to hold certain MBs for specific stacking.

#11422 1 year ago

In my current setup, the #1 one key to getting a big score is getting the destruction jackpot multiplier as high as possible and hitting as many of them as possible. There is the push and pull of when to move on to another city because I'm not KED who can max out every city and make it through all of them (I die before that happens). Even still, with this approach, I still managed to get just under 9b on a pro with a busted center spinner without finishing all the cities or setting any personal highs in any of the kaiju battles or mini wizard modes.

The other thing I really want to improve on (and I feel so snake bitten by it that it feels like a comical rib), is being able to get the carnage bonus on the same ball where I have have done most or all of the monster monitor tasks since that can multiply it up to 5x. This literally never happens for me. I build up my biggest ever potential carnage bonus and then the final shot of whatever immediately proceeds the collect or the collect itself ends in what feels like bullshit tragedy and my collect gets divided by 3 or 5. It is maddening. But I know I'll eventually get some of them.

#11423 1 year ago
Quoted from RobF:

Yeah I agree with this. Powerups build as you do "things". Just do regular "things" and the powerups will be there waiting. The small caveat to that is, if I have a clean shot at a loop, I will always try to get 3 in a row specifically for a powerup +1. This depends on how clean that loop shot is in the game you are playing. I find it more difficult trying to determine when it makes sense to jump out of city early and when to complete the four city goals. I also haven't quite figured out if there is a clear advantage to hold certain MBs for specific stacking.

Since Tokyo has that added bonus of +1x to carnage bonus when you win a battle, I rarely leave Tokyo early when going for high score. A good run though Tokyo will be a billion for me almost every time.

#11424 1 year ago

..and here I am hopping cities ASAP because I really like the music in the bottom Tier II battle

#11425 1 year ago
Quoted from metallik:

..and here I am hopping cities ASAP because I really like the music in the bottom Tier II battle

I can’t remember the last time I played a tier 2 battle. Haha

#11426 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Since Tokyo has that added bonus of +1x to carnage bonus when you win a battle, I rarely leave Tokyo early when going for high score. A good run though Tokyo will be a billion for me almost every time.

Would you explain? I may be misunderstanding, but if you're referring to the city perk for beating Tokyo then it would also apply to ever city after Tokyo (aka every city).

#11427 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I can’t remember the last time I played a tier 2 battle. Haha

I only play them after winning the main city battle, never before. The Tier 2 battles can be worth some decent points as well.

#11428 1 year ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Would you explain? I may be misunderstanding, but if you're referring to the city perk for beating Tokyo then it would also apply to ever city after Tokyo (aka every city).

Yeah every city you win the main battle in will increase the multiplier. I won't change cities unless I win the battle. I may leave Tokyo early before finishing the other modes depending on what's going on, especially because the progress seems to carry over to the next city, but I generally try to complete all 4 modes before moving on to maximize carnage bonuses.

#11429 1 year ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Sorry I meant to say Annihilation bonuses are boosted by conquering Tokyo. No other cities have that. So while it’s not a carnage X, it is a boost to that collect that other cities do not have.

But don’t listen to me. I’ve only topped 3 billion. Haha. Keep doing you.

#11430 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

ebay.com link: itm
You have to glue them together, plastic not metal, but are holding up fine, 800+ plays

Yes I saw those with the blue wings. I meant the completely silver paint jobs. I never seen those before.

Also how did you attach the wire to the bottom?

Thanks Martin

#11431 1 year ago

Delivered Wednesday, Installed shaker motor last night.
Spoiled rotten
First Pin achievement!

2121D1D0-7295-4C66-B1DA-EC8044AFEE10 (resized).jpeg2121D1D0-7295-4C66-B1DA-EC8044AFEE10 (resized).jpeg45ED1EA9-1EED-4D86-AFA3-25E9EFF03D88 (resized).jpeg45ED1EA9-1EED-4D86-AFA3-25E9EFF03D88 (resized).jpeg
#11432 1 year ago
Quoted from marspinball:

Yes I saw those with the blue wings. I meant the completely silver paint jobs. I never seen those before.
Thanks Martin

The silver ones were the first ones I ordered from this ebay seller. I drilled a hole in belly, filled the planes with super glue, then put the rod in.

#11433 1 year ago

First time owner, finally picked mine up about 3-4 weeks ago!

BE0B4801-92A3-475B-B192-3454AB396666 (resized).jpegBE0B4801-92A3-475B-B192-3454AB396666 (resized).jpeg
#11434 1 year ago
Quoted from marspinball:

Thanks Martin

Here's an option for you, same planes with a paint job to match the art theme on the machine.

IMG_20220602_183025268 (resized).jpgIMG_20220602_183025268 (resized).jpg
#11435 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Too late, chipscott wins hands down!!

Thx for the shout out brother! Appreciate it!!
This game is as badass to mod out as it is to play. Love this game!

#11436 1 year ago

If you haven't checked it out already, don't forget to check out the Godzilla mod thread. There's some great ideas and pics from a lot of Pinsiders on there.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-mod-thread

#11437 1 year ago

Woo hoo! Arrived Monday. Setup. Tuesday. Really enjoying it. Sooooo good!

#11438 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

I love my pro. I played the Premium/LE a still decided to go with the pro. For me the pro flowed much better and I added a bunch of mods to mine and toys and love it. No regrets for me. Saved $2200 over the premium.
[quoted image]

Looks great!! I agree, the flow and overall speed of the Pro is awesome! Thanks for sharing!

#11439 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I started to find the building annoying after a while, even though it is one of the best “show off” mechs since the MM castle. But the game has SO much going on, including the Magna-grab, it changes the flow too much IMO.
I didn’t find the bridge mech to add much to the game overall, although I do feel the Pro start to bridge multiball is a little lacking; so if you play that mode a lot you may miss it!
The Mecha rotating targets is also cool, it’s an alternate way to play the game - the strategies for modes on the Pro are just different. Ebirah is pretty annoying if the spinner isn’t facing out, for example.

Great points, I had the Prem for roughly 2-3 months and what’s funny is I barely remember ever seeing the bridge collapse? Is that code, did I miss a certain set of shots that led to that, not sure? I’m sure many will explain but now that I’m getting the Pro it doesn’t matter but the one thing I WILL miss is the rotating Mecha targets, those I definitely remember being satisfying and important. Anyway, thanks for sharing!

#11440 1 year ago
Quoted from Hoteldrummer:

Great points, I had the Prem for roughly 2-3 months and what’s funny is I barely remember ever seeing the bridge collapse? Is that code, did I miss a certain set of shots that led to that, not sure? I’m sure many will explain but now that I’m getting the Pro it doesn’t matter but the one thing I WILL miss is the rotating Mecha targets, those I definitely remember being satisfying and important. Anyway, thanks for sharing!

The bridge shakes when you hit the captive ball when it’s lit for bridge attack. Light bridge attack after a certain number of switch hits.

#11441 1 year ago

Ordered end of January, arrived yesterday, and they are worth the wait!

08AA5F51-11E2-4606-ABE9-8DACC241A8A0 (resized).jpeg08AA5F51-11E2-4606-ABE9-8DACC241A8A0 (resized).jpeg
#11442 1 year ago

I know it a long shot but im trying to get in on the June/July pre order for a Godzilla premium if anyone has any leads please pass them along.

#11443 1 year ago

Got my first Monster Zero today. So much fun. It has been a bit since I've been in a wizard mode on any of my pins. My heart was racing. Only scored 60 million as I didn't really understand the mode and didn't do any jackpot building but I was able to lock all 3 balls before the victory mode started.

Still trying to crack my first 1B.

#11444 1 year ago
Quoted from N80G80:

Ordered end of January, arrived yesterday, and they are worth the wait!
[quoted image]

Looks good ..

Go to next level when possible, get the pinstadium neo atom fusions & ZY stern art blades ..guy has pic on mods pg 37 .. amazing effect

#11445 1 year ago

Maybe they should start implying Suspension's for any employee who damages customer goods.

#11446 1 year ago
Quoted from Billygrippo:

Maybe they should start implying Suspension's for any employee who damages customer goods.

That will work real good in this current work envierment.

#11447 1 year ago

If the government would stop handing out our money, it would!

#11448 1 year ago

Even in the Godzilla thread

#11449 1 year ago

Alas!! Joining the club. Ordered November 6th….. just got called it’s in! Can’t wait.

#11450 1 year ago

Working in my Godzilla Premium! really loving it
struggling with 2 things:

1.The Scoop shot (very hard to hit) anyone with tips hitting the scoop consistently?

2.The Godzilla figure. Holy shit it's bad. In comparison with the mechagodzilla it just looks off in the machine. What is the best replacement?
honestly dont get them putting that in the machine. Almost as bad as the mcdonalds joker figure in The Dark Knight.

Regards!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball
Sound/Speakers
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 159.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation
Shooter rods
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods
Toys/Add-ons
€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Performance Pinball
Shooter rods
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop
Backbox
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy
Protection
6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Winter Garden, FL
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 27,172 posts in this topic. You are on page 229 of 544.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/229?hl=eyeamred2u and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.