PXL_20240415_201849415 (resized).jpg
IMG_2601 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2538 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1444 (resized).jpg
IMG_7006.jpg
gdz opto receiver (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,390 posts in this topic. You are on page 228 of 548.
#11351 1 year ago
Quoted from Walk:

Yeah I definitely don't blame the guy delivering it to me. He called me up on the truck to see it before wasting time pulling it off the truck.

Fedex Freight damaged mine too...

I imagine they are getting insurance claims a plenty these days...wonder if there's a tipping point where the warehouse decides to care based on profit loss from the claims

#11352 1 year ago

My aftermarket backbox speakers pop/crackle only during Godzilla Multiball on the heavy guitar riffs. It sounds bad. I have standoffs of good length on my speakers, so I know they are not interfering with the grill.

If I play the same song in the jukebox mode at a higher volume, no pop/crackle. Weird.

Anyone else have this issue? Is it something in the game audio?

#11353 1 year ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

My aftermarket backbox speakers pop/crackle only during Godzilla Multiball on the heavy guitar riffs. It sounds bad. I have standoffs of good length on my speakers, so I know they are not interfering with the grill.
If I play the same song in the jukebox mode at a higher volume, no pop/crackle. Weird.
Anyone else have this issue? Is it something in the game audio?

What EQ filter are you running? The DIY thread on sound has a good screenshot of EQ settings that I used with my 4" Kicker replacements and no pops or distortion static

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/improving-sound-quality-the-diy-route/page/15#post-6942232

I used the EQ's but left both my Ohm's at 8 setting and wound up using the Fade at default 0...

#11354 1 year ago

There's a bunch of low bass from the building destruction at multiball intro, turn the bass down on the backbox EQ to help minimize distortion.

#11355 1 year ago
Quoted from DaveH:

And is anyone else having problems with the buttons for the menus? Mine either don’t register, or double register. It made it almost impossible to set it to free play.

Call Stern for a warranty claim on your service menu button block. They've been using some really crap ones lately, and if you get a really bad one, it acts like you describe.

#11356 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Call Stern for a warranty claim on your service menu button block. They've been using some really crap ones lately, and if you get a really bad one, it acts like you describe.

Mine was crap. A replacement fixed it.

#11357 1 year ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

What EQ filter are you running? The DIY thread on sound has a good screenshot of EQ settings that I used with my 4" Kicker replacements and no pops or distortion static
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/improving-sound-quality-the-diy-route/page/15#post-6942232
I used the EQ's but left both my Ohm's at 8 setting and wound up using the Fade at default 0...

There was some EQ speaker info in this thread from months ago that I used. The juke box must use a different EQ?

I’ll play with the bass setting.

#11358 1 year ago

Just received my coin door mods from Inscribed Solutions for my GZ and JP and they look really good. They're magnetized and stick on in about ten seconds. Nice not to have the ugly black coin door sticking out like a sore thumb.

#11359 1 year ago
Quoted from troon47:

Just received my coin door mods from Inscribed Solutions for my GZ and JP and they look really good. They're magnetized and stick on in about ten seconds. Nice not to have the ugly black coin door sticking out like a sore thumb.

Yeah I definitely like mine.

0CD9424B-9278-4DB3-BC16-EC64838C3117 (resized).jpeg0CD9424B-9278-4DB3-BC16-EC64838C3117 (resized).jpeg
#11360 1 year ago

https://www.highendmods1.com/contact

Anyone have the High End Mods - Godzilla Oxygen Mod - been waiting on them to inform me of a ship date

#11361 1 year ago

I have mine and it is really nice. Great job in all aspects including install instructions, packing, and shipping...you know, the little things that not everyone does right. Definitely worth the wait. Now, if I only had my GZ Premium..due in the July run....

#11362 1 year ago

Holy shit - starting to vibrate... Have my tracking number for my Premium, my first premium of any pin. LET'S GOOOO!!!!

#11363 1 year ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Holy shit - starting to vibrate... Have my tracking number for my Premium, my first premium of any pin. LET'S GOOOO!!!!

You're gonna love it. So much fun to play. No cheap drains and so rewarding. Make sure you get a shaker motor. Couldn't live without it.

#11364 1 year ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

You're gonna love it. So much fun to play. No cheap drains and so rewarding. Make sure you get a shaker motor. Couldn't live without it.

outlanes disagree with the cheap drain point

#11365 1 year ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

Especially with a slow moving ball through the tail whip lane. haha

#11366 1 year ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

Anyone have the High End Mods - Godzilla Oxygen Mod - been waiting on them to inform me of a ship date

I got mine last week and installed last Friday. It's a well made mod but in my opinion they could've put a bit more thought into how the wiring works. They used the matrix connections from Comet, which are fine but they way they've assembled it requires you to hide a number of bulky connections that are difficult to maneuver and can easily impact the ball path in the right outlane. Plus they're a bit unsightly (again, IMO). I was able to strategically zip tie them down but it took some work to get right. I think it would've been much "cleaner" if they'd taken the time to solder the connections directly to the longest extension so you don't have to deal with all those white connectors getting in the way. Eventually, I'll probably do this on mine but was eager to see what it looked like and didn't want to wait!

#11367 1 year ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

Quoted from shaub:

Especially with a slow moving ball through the tail whip lane. haha

I'm comparing my experience with the outlanes to JP which arrived last week. On my GZ more often then not the ball ends up in the inlane when it bounces on the post and I have some control with nudging. On my JP the ball almost always ends up in the outlane no matter the nudging. Cheap drain. I guess things vary from machine to machine and setup to setup. Just my experience with GZ.

#11368 1 year ago
Quoted from Walk:Yeah I definitely don't blame the guy delivering it to me. He called me up on the truck to see it before wasting time pulling it off the truck.

That is a good guy. And a smart driver

#11369 1 year ago
Quoted from atg1469:

I got mine last week and installed last Friday. It's a well made mod but in my opinion they could've put a bit more thought into how the wiring works. They used the matrix connections from Comet, which are fine but they way they've assembled it requires you to hide a number of bulky connections that are difficult to maneuver and can easily impact the ball path in the right outlane. Plus they're a bit unsightly (again, IMO). I was able to strategically zip tie them down but it took some work to get right. I think it would've been much "cleaner" if they'd taken the time to solder the connections directly to the longest extension so you don't have to deal with all those white connectors getting in the way. Eventually, I'll probably do this on mine but was eager to see what it looked like and didn't want to wait!

Weird. Comet sells some pretty long extension cables; are you saying there are multiple wires chained together? Maybe it’s to make the install simpler(?)

#11370 1 year ago

Yes, just received mine this week. Good communication from them. Wait until it arrives, it is a work of art!

#11371 1 year ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

I'm comparing my experience with the outlanes to JP which arrived last week. On my GZ more often then not the ball ends up in the inlane when it bounces on the post and I have some control with nudging. On my JP the ball almost always ends up in the outlane no matter the nudging. Cheap drain. I guess things vary from machine to machine and setup to setup. Just my experience with GZ.

I totally agree. JP is a real bastard on that left outlane for me, thankfully there is a ball saver in the game.

#11372 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Weird. Comet sells some pretty long extension cables; are you saying there are multiple wires chained together? Maybe it’s to make the install simpler(?)

The extension cable they provide is plenty long, in fact you have to coil up the extra slack in the cabinet as-is! As you've suggested, the problem is that they have 3 different connections leading into the lengthy extension cable (2 from the lights in the OD and 1 from the Y-splitter that connects the 2), which means you'll have 3 of those white socket connections and multiple wires you'll have to hide or zip tie down so they don't interfere with the ball path. If you pay close attention to the installed pictures on Strummy's page you'll see that they solved this issue by zip tying everything directly to the sling plastic, but I did not want to have visible zip ties sitting on top of the plastic. Instead I opted to zip tie them to the top of the sling post so they'd be better hidden but it wasn't an easy fit.

Again, not a huge deal, but doesn't provide the cleanest look either.

#11373 1 year ago

Just received mine yesterday

4385EA7D-AF15-4567-8729-FF4AF7937DFB (resized).jpeg4385EA7D-AF15-4567-8729-FF4AF7937DFB (resized).jpeg
#11374 1 year ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

Oh no worries there, already have my shaker from a different pin I sold, tesla towers, other shit, can't wait!

#11375 1 year ago

Currently the oxygen destroyer insert on the playfield isn't used, correct?

#11376 1 year ago
Quoted from mikeflan:

Currently the oxygen destroyer insert on the playfield isn't used, correct?

Correct, has not been coded yet as far as I know.

#11377 1 year ago

Has the Oxygen Destroyer feature been enabled. I've played this game awhile and either suck and haven't gotten to it.
Or still waiting on Stern and Company to enable.

#11378 1 year ago
Quoted from shaub:

I totally agree. JP is a real bastard on that left outlane for me, thankfully there is a ball saver in the game.

You should almost always hit the outlane save target after you go through the spinner. It’s worth the risk of draining out the right side after contact.

#11379 1 year ago

I don't even know what code they could tie to the oxygen destroyer insert.. thematically it's the opposite of a ball save. I thought it was mostly artwork that thematically represented Godzilla (the player) dieing (draining)

#11380 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

I don't even know what code they could tie to the oxygen destroyer insert.. thematically it's the opposite of a ball save. I thought it was mostly artwork that thematically represented Godzilla (the player) dieing (draining)

Maybe it’s a bonus destroyer!

#11381 1 year ago

Got my new premium yesterday.

20220609_215046 (resized).jpg20220609_215046 (resized).jpg
#11382 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

Got my new premium yesterday.[quoted image]

Space coast pinball has some cool magnets and decals to cover up the stern junk. You should check out his shop

#11383 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Space coast pinball has some cool magnets and decals to cover up the stern junk. You should check out his shop

Haha yeah I finally got to install my own magnet on Godzilla.

Is there a toy/figure people are using to replace the Godzilla in the premium and LE? Seems like that could definitely be upgraded. I have a boatload of mods ready to install starting with a shaker, knocker and the Stern side rails and shooter.

#11384 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

Is there a toy/figure people are using to replace the Godzilla in the premium and LE? Seems like that could definitely be upgraded. I have a boatload of mods ready to install starting with a shaker, knocker and the Stern side rails and shooter.

I went for the NECA 1956 King of Monsters movie poster edition GZ. I picked one up a while ago, wasn’t too pricey at all. I’m looking forward to putting my Toho Scope magnet on after I pick mine up at the end of the month (it’s in, but I’m not!!). First mod I bought

#11385 1 year ago

Micromachine helicopter from eBay. Bought a variety pack and ended up with this one.

69832C48-FA1F-47CB-AD99-FFA6E98FC4E7 (resized).jpeg69832C48-FA1F-47CB-AD99-FFA6E98FC4E7 (resized).jpeg69A3FA5C-0610-41BE-B963-27FD4FEBE1FA (resized).jpeg69A3FA5C-0610-41BE-B963-27FD4FEBE1FA (resized).jpeg
#11386 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

ebay.com link: itm

#11387 1 year ago
Quoted from Beyndtstng:

You should almost always hit the outlane save target after you go through the spinner. It’s worth the risk of draining out the right side after contact.

What does this mean?

#11388 1 year ago

Got a new to me premium today and I love it. It's my first insider connected machine and I'm floored by this beautiful object.

Normally I'd read through the entire owners thread before buying but saw a deal and took it. I'm still on page 25.

Three questions:

- what is the best Godzilla replacement these days?
- mine came with the diagonal roof mod, anyone have the original roof they don't want anymore?
- what are we doing to cover/remove the Insider connect sticker above the LCD panel?

edit: lol, sorry. I see two of these were directly above my post. I was reading from Pg01 and got tired.

#11389 1 year ago
Quoted from JToeps:

Got a new to me premium today and I love it. It's my first insider connected machine and I'm floored by this beautiful object.
Normally I'd read through the entire owners thread before buying but saw a deal and took it. I'm still on page 25.
Three questions:
- mine came with the diagonal roof fix, anyone have the original roof they don't want anymore?
- what are we doing to cover/remove the Insider connect sticker above the LCD panel?

My Insider connect sticker above the LCD panel peeled right off...

#11390 1 year ago
Quoted from JToeps:

Three questions:
- mine came with the diagonal roof fix, anyone have the original roof they don't want anymore?

Quoted from awesome1:

My Insider connect sticker above the LCD panel peeled right off...

Mine didn’t.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1312-space-coast-pinball/05554-godzilla-dress-up-magnet-art-and-decal-art

#11391 1 year ago

Thank you, mine is stuck on stronger than "this feels like it'll work if I just go slowly"

I'll go with the Toho magnet. Perfect.

#11392 1 year ago
Quoted from JToeps:

Thank you, mine is stuck on stronger than "this feels like it'll work if I just go slowly"
I'll go with the Toho magnet. Perfect.

It's heavy duty vinyl, it will pull off fine once you get it started. If you change your mind, you can use some 467MP to put it right back on and it will look factory again.

#11393 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's heavy duty vinyl, it will pull off fine once you get it started. If you change your mind, you can use some 467MP to put it right back on and it will look factory again.

I’ve had a few. Stranger things pulled off fine. Godzilla broke off the corners, and kept snapping. Glue was stronger than the vinyl. Trying to get an implement underneath just scratched the metal. Thank you TOHO scope magnet.

#11395 1 year ago
Quoted from JToeps:

Three questions:

Can you share a picture of the diagonal roof fix?

#11396 1 year ago
Quoted from Walk:

Can you share a picture of the diagonal roof fix?

Seat post #11385 above, less the people and helicopter.

#11397 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

Got my new premium yesterday.

We must have twins!

22878 (resized).jpeg22878 (resized).jpeg
#11398 1 year ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

Seat post #11385 above, less the people and helicopter.

Ah! I missed the “new to me” and thought Stern added a fix. Thanks.

#11399 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

Is there a toy/figure people are using to replace the Godzilla in the premium and LE? Seems like that could definitely be upgraded.

I went with this guy. He's a tad too tall, but I'll make him work. Won't know til I get my machine tho just how he'll look.

20220609_171821 (resized).jpg20220609_171821 (resized).jpg
#11400 1 year ago

I like that one! Pretty similar to the NECA
I went with, just different coloration. Any thoughts on where you’re going to put your jets? I have two as well, I know they’ll be in formation but I haven’t decided if they’ll be launching missiles or lining up to make a run on the big guy…

Sidebar - It’s quite hilarious to me I’m 2000+ miles away from home training for a pretty massive “upgrade” at my job and I’m debating where to put toys inside of a larger toy. I think it’s because I got word a few days ago Godzilla had landed at my distro and is waiting upon my return! Can’t wait to share build date and pics.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Blacklick, OH
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 240.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Austin, MN
$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Myers, FL
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 27,390 posts in this topic. You are on page 228 of 548.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/228?hl=eyeamred2u and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.