Screenshot_20240408-172819 (resized).png
IMG_0307 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5052 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
4A684A67-61F1-4FF0-8236-BF6E38F58AE9 (resized).jpeg
pinside.66273470719090863a8972d23c0880d26136302f (resized).jpg
E8926C7A-0B80-451C-BFC6-B6F8BA766F07 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,296 posts in this topic. You are on page 227 of 546.
#11301 1 year ago

4FE99776-F1AA-4C46-92CA-1F7D68CD4979 (resized).jpeg4FE99776-F1AA-4C46-92CA-1F7D68CD4979 (resized).jpeg

GZ Pro is in the house! It was a bit of a crazy ride to finally get one, but this pic is right after the first plunge. It’s been a long time since I wanted a game this much.

Quoted from awesome1:

Doors are over rated!

It’s just the electrical panels behind it.

#11302 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

I love my pro. I played the Premium/LE a still decided to go with the pro. For me the pro flowed much better and I added a bunch of mods to mine and toys and love it. No regrets for me. Saved $2200 over the premium.
[quoted image]

I saved $2200 then spent $2200 on mods

#11303 1 year ago
Quoted from tilt-master:

Sorry if this has already been posted. On the pro, does everyone’s inner left loop have this bracket hanging over the ball guide? The premium definitely doesn’t
[quoted image]

My Pro absolutely has this bracket. Mine was built in late March of this year.

#11304 1 year ago
Quoted from tilt-master:

Sorry if this has already been posted. On the pro, does everyone’s inner left loop have this bracket hanging over the ball guide? The premium definitely doesn’t

My October build Pro does not have this bracket. Weird.

#11305 1 year ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

My October build Pro does not have this bracket. Weird.

I’m curious if your bracket is on the inside. I’ll take the plastic off above it and see if it can be moved to the inside. This sticks out over the guide rail so the ball hits it. Doesn’t make sense to me

#11306 1 year ago

My Pro has that bracket as well.

Quoted from tilt-master:

[quoted image]

#11307 1 year ago
Quoted from tilt-master:

I’m curious if your bracket is on the inside. I’ll take the plastic off above it and see if it can be moved to the inside. This sticks out over the guide rail so the ball hits it. Doesn’t make sense to me

Here's mine. The lane guide looks to be all one piece.

20220608_090349 (resized).jpg20220608_090349 (resized).jpg
#11308 1 year ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Here's mine. The lane guide looks to be all one piece.

Yes. That’s what my premium looks like, it was a Nov-2021 build. My pro is a May-2022 build

#11309 1 year ago

My December Pro has the bracket. I wonder if its purpose is to try to slow the ball down to make it easier for the magnet to grab it?

#11310 1 year ago

May 31st premium build issue: manual plunge skill shot rattles around and doesn’t make it to the super skill shot behind the upper flipper.

I’m not seeing this on the index key posts and I know it’s been a common issue. Can someone share the post link/#?

#11311 1 year ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

May 31st premium build issue: manual plunge skill shot rattles around and doesn’t make it to the super skill shot behind the upper flipper.
I’m not seeing this on the index key posts and I know it’s been a common issue. Can someone share the post link/#?

This happens sometimes with mine. Not 100% Look at the bright side. It adds to the unique skill shot count. LOL.

#11312 1 year ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

I just opened my game last night, and it also rattles and can’t make it through most times. The shooter rod is completely misaligned. If you look down in the shooter lane and press on the shooter rod, the ball should contact right in the center of the ball. Mine is hitting far to the right near the right tong of the autolaunch fork. I’ll be taking mine apart today, and I’ll try to remember to take pictures of it as I fix it.

And is anyone else having problems with the buttons for the menus? Mine either don’t register, or double register. It made it almost impossible to set it to free play.

Finally, needed to reseat my WiFi dongle to get it to be seen by the game.

#11313 1 year ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

This is a common issue. I removed the metal ramp and tried to bend it slightly so it’s sitting level left to right (eye balling it). Mine is better but still doesn’t make it through clean 100%. I would also spin your plunger rod with the playfield up, to make sure it is straight.

#11314 1 year ago

Had manual plunger issues right out of box. Centered it and works great now

#11315 1 year ago
Quoted from DaveH:

And is anyone else having problems with the buttons for the menus? Mine either don’t register, or double register. It made it almost impossible to set it to free play.

I've always had the issue where a single button press sometimes registers multiple presses (skipping from ebirah to gigan, for example; moving two spaces between lit ally, etc). Mentioned previously and don't recall anyone saying the same or offering an idea of what's going on. I was wondering if it was a godzilla-specific issue or something that happens sometimes with Sterns in general.

Thankfully, my experience is nothing like what you describe above. Just a minor, occasional nuisance. I was wondering if

#11316 1 year ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I just opened my game last night, and it also rattles and can’t make it through most times. The shooter rod is completely misaligned. If you look down in the shooter lane and press on the shooter rod, the ball should contact right in the center of the ball. Mine is hitting far to the right near the right tong of the autolaunch fork. I’ll be taking mine apart today, and I’ll try to remember to take pictures of it as I fix it.

I'm having coin door button issues too. It seems like they're getting a little bit better with use, but maybe that's just coincidence. It is pretty frustrating.

#11317 1 year ago
Quoted from JP76:

This is a common issue. I removed the metal ramp and tried to bend it slightly so it’s sitting level left to right (eye balling it). Mine is better but still doesn’t make it through clean 100%. I would also spin your plunger rod with the playfield up, to make sure it is straight.

Also note that when you lift and reseat the playfield, you can misalign it. The playfield can move a bit left and right since the slot for the hooks is bigger than the hooks themselves. Every time I lift the playfield, I ensure it is such that the shooter rod is centered. Just a little bit off makes a difference.

#11318 1 year ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Ok, so shooter lane.

A8FD64DC-2418-4469-A059-94FC38814E40 (resized).jpegA8FD64DC-2418-4469-A059-94FC38814E40 (resized).jpeg

The two red screws lock it to the wood. The three machine screws lock it to the outside housing. Mine wasn’t misaligned as much as mis positioned.

If you’re comfy doing work on games… remove the two red screws. Then loosen the three around the shooter rod. You will then be able to reposition the entire shooter rod assembly. Move it a bit, put the playfield down, measure if it contacts the ball in the center. Remove ball, playfield back up, move again, repeat until you’re happy. Tighten JUST the 3 machine screws. Measure again (to be sure!). Finally put the red screws back in to lock it to the wood.

Mine was so far off that it was new holes for the red screws. YMMV. If you scratch your game moving around the shooter rod, well, you will learn to be more careful. Overall an easy adjustment.

#11319 1 year ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Ok, so shooter lane.
[quoted image]
The two red screws lock it to the wood. The three machine screws lock it to the outside housing. Mine wasn’t misaligned as much as mis positioned.
If you’re comfy doing work on games… remove the two red screws. Then loosen the three around the shooter rod. You will then be able to reposition the entire shooter rod assembly. Move it a bit, put the playfield down, measure if it contacts the ball in the center. Remove ball, playfield back up, move again, repeat until you’re happy. Tighten JUST the 3 machine screws. Measure again (to be sure!). Finally put the red screws back in to lock it to the wood.
Mine was so far off that it was new holes for the red screws. YMMV. If you scratch your game moving around the shooter rod, well, you will learn to be more careful. Overall an easy adjustment.

This is perfect thank you! Mine was also too far to the right. I knew it had to be something with the shooter rod, because the auto plunge made it around perfectly. I'll play around with it tonight. I haven't noticed anything wrong with the menu buttons. Glass slides in and out easily

This same exact scenario happened on my DP Pro... shooter rod was installed too far to the right.

OP, can we get this post added to the key Index topic posts? Very common issue and it will make it much easier for people to find.

#11320 1 year ago
Quoted from wywin:

I'm having coin door button issues too. It seems like they're getting a little bit better with use, but maybe that's just coincidence. It is pretty frustrating.

And on to the switches inside the door…

5FA09A74-107D-4B7B-83B8-2B631432BD36 (resized).jpeg5FA09A74-107D-4B7B-83B8-2B631432BD36 (resized).jpeg

The board inside the black holder is bad on my game. I pulled the switch assembly out of my Deadpool, and the menus on GZ worked perfectly with it. Nothing to actually fix with membrane switches, so I’ll just call my distributor and have him get me a new set of switches. When I get a new game I tend to tweak settings, and I just can’t abide having the menu navigation not be smooth.

#11321 1 year ago
Quoted from wywin:

I've experienced the same issue with my coin door buttons. They are getting better but I need to press them hard to get them to function

#11322 1 year ago
Quoted from MikeS:

My December Pro has the bracket. I wonder if its purpose is to try to slow the ball down to make it easier for the magnet to grab it?

My premium hasn't missed a magnet grab, I've had the pro a week and I already missed 2. I think it makes it worse

#11323 1 year ago

I'm having an opto problem entering the buikding on my pro. Sometimes it registers fine other times not at all I've tried turning machine off and back on and will sometimes get it working again and sometimes it works for a while then mid game it goes out. Any ideas?

#11324 1 year ago
Quoted from tilt-master:I've experienced the same issue with my coin door buttons. They are getting better but I need to press them hard to get them to function

Received a Pro last week and have had a similar experience with menu buttons. I contacted my distributor, Zach Meny, at Flip ‘N Out Pinball and he immediately put in an order for a replacement assembly, under warranty with no questions asked.

#11325 1 year ago

Premium arrived today. Damaged. Refused delivery. The disappointment is real.

#11326 1 year ago
Quoted from Walk:

Sorry man. such a friggin' bummer

#11327 1 year ago
Quoted from DaveH:

[quoted image]
The board inside the black holder is bad on my game. I pulled the switch assembly out of my Deadpool, and the menus on GZ worked perfectly with it. Nothing to actually fix with membrane switches, so I’ll just call my distributor and have him get me a new set of switches. When I get a new game I tend to tweak settings, and I just can’t abide having the menu navigation not be smooth.

Try manually shorting the board traces to ground without the membrane. I bet it works fine. I had all buttons eventually stop working on my IMDN, and it was 100% from the button side. I used conductive foil tape between the board and the membrane contacts and they work better than new. I had also bought some conductive ink in case the foil tape didn't work, but didn't need to try that. I have three recently built games, GZ/DP/JP and they all have some difficulty registering presses. I plan to foil tape them all. I'll take some pictures when I do.

#11328 1 year ago
Quoted from 6point5degrees:

Received a Pro last week and have had a similar experience with menu buttons. I contacted my distributor, Zach Meny, at Flip ‘N Out Pinball and he immediately put in an order for a replacement assembly, under warranty with no questions asked.

I'm seeing alot of these service button assemblies being an issue on games right out of the box. My buddy buys almost all the games as they come out and 3 of his latest have had the issue.

#11329 1 year ago
Quoted from wywin:

I had this issue. Reached out to distro..Stern replaced, works great now

#11330 1 year ago
Quoted from Walk:

Man I am so sorry. Went through this last month with my GZ Premium refusal. Took a month from refusal to new delivery. I know it sucks but rest assured, Stern will make it right. Your game will be NEW when you receive it. Hope your distro is in or keeping you in the loop.

#11331 1 year ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I had this issue. Reached out to distro..Stern replaced, works great now

Quoted from DaveH:

[quoted image]

Thanks all for confirming it's not a one-off issue with my game. My distro is working on getting me a replacement. I don't see any instructions in the manual about that specific assembly - is it just the two screw on the coin door, and the connector on the board itself?

#11332 1 year ago
Quoted from wywin:

Thanks all for confirming it's not a one-off issue with my game. My distro is working on getting me a replacement. I don't see any instructions in the manual about that specific assembly - is it just the two screw on the coin door, and the connector on the board itself?

I took mine apart too to try and sort it out but then just contacted since it was new..simple membrane..which they went to the older stern assemblies with a mechanical switch of some sort.

Quoted from RobF:

Try manually shorting the board traces to ground without the membrane. I bet it works fine. I had all buttons eventually stop working on my IMDN, and it was 100% from the button side. I used conductive foil tape between the board and the membrane contacts and they work better than new. I had also bought some conductive ink in case the foil tape didn't work, but didn't need to try that. I have three recently built games, GZ/DP/JP and they all have some difficulty registering presses. I plan to foil tape them all. I'll take some pictures when I do.

Will be looking forward to this in case it happens again as well for others to troubleshoot. Assuming it just involves removing the membrane from the PCB and applying a small cutout of the tape. Thanks

#11333 1 year ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

This is perfect thank you! Mine was also too far to the right. I knew it had to be something with the shooter rod, because the auto plunge made it around perfectly. I'll play around with it tonight. I haven't noticed anything wrong with the menu buttons. Glass slides in and out easily
This same exact scenario happened on my DP Pro... shooter rod was installed too far to the right.
OP, can we get this post added to the key Index topic posts? Very common issue and it will make it much easier for people to find.

Also, simple to overlook, but make sure the game playfield is sitting flush in the lockdown bar bracket slots, and the playfield is centered or aligned to the factory position when the rod was installed before modding the shooter rod

I noticed on my GZ, Stern no longer uses the side cabinet alignment brackets , so there is a little bit of play in the playfield alignment. Before messing with the shooter rod, you could make sure you can simple align the rod with the playfield shooter lane. I draw a line on each side of the bracket on the metal to make alignment after lifting the playfield easy. I don't slide my game around much, so it stays secure in place. I guess for slider players, you could ad some small bolt/nut s to each side of the bracket arms to lock the poistion in place as well.. I included a shot of the bracket on my Star Wars that doesn't exist on my GZ
Screenshot_20220608-151102_Photos (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220608-151102_Photos (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220608-151219_Photos (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220608-151219_Photos (resized).jpg20220608_150422 (resized).jpg20220608_150422 (resized).jpg

#11334 1 year ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Man I am so sorry. Went through this last month with my GZ Premium refusal. Took a month from refusal to new delivery. I know it sucks but rest assured, Stern will make it right. Your game will be NEW when you receive it. Hope your distro is in or keeping you in the loop.

Thanks man. Yeah it sucks. From what I hear they “repair” it? I don’t pay $9k to want a damaged and repaired item. Am I being dramatic here?

#11335 1 year ago
Quoted from Walk:

Thanks man. Yeah it sucks. From what I hear they “repair” it? I don’t pay $9k to want a damaged and repaired item. Am I being dramatic here?

They replaced any damaged parts on mine... It was all cabinet and lockdown bar related for mine. Brand new. I am super typa A OCD and trust me I looked over every inch of the game for days. It's flawless and shoots amazing. Rest easy. You'll get a great new machine and new packaging. I have faith in the service/repair/replacement at Stern after my experience

#11336 1 year ago
Quoted from Walk:

can you post photos,what a let down.

#11337 1 year ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

They replaced any damaged parts on mine... It was all cabinet and lockdown bar related for mine. Brand new. I am super typa A OCD and trust me I looked over every inch of the game for days. It's flawless and shoots amazing. Rest easy. You'll get a great new machine and new packaging. I have faith in the service/repair/replacement at Stern after my experience

Thats comforting to hear. Thanks man.

Quoted from Jamesays:

can you post photos,what a let down.

Yeah I’ll toss em up.

#11338 1 year ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Will be looking forward to this in case it happens again as well for others to troubleshoot. Assuming it just involves removing the membrane from the PCB and applying a small cutout of the tape. Thanks

Yep. Super simple.

#11339 1 year ago
Quoted from Walk:

Was the actual cabinet damaged also? A guy on Halloween forum refused shipment on his because the box was damaged but didn’t bother inspecting the actual pin. My box was way more trashed but had very slight damage to the back of the head box. Wasn’t worth refusing and have to wait weeks longer.

#11340 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Was the actual cabinet damaged also? A guy on Halloween forum refused shipment on his because the box was damaged but didn’t bother inspecting the actual pin. My box was way more trashed but had very slight damage to the back of the head box. Wasn’t worth refusing and have to wait weeks longer.

The cabinet was damaged. The bottom and the side and the cabinet Art.

9E7CF92E-C23E-475D-ADD9-3E12317ACDEB (resized).jpeg9E7CF92E-C23E-475D-ADD9-3E12317ACDEB (resized).jpeg
#11341 1 year ago
Quoted from Walk:

The cabinet was damaged. The bottom and the side and the cabinet Art. [quoted image]

Damn, what's wrong with people today? How could they try to deliver that?

#11342 1 year ago

Months away at least from my GZ, first pin, but do you guys cut away the box and check the cabinet before signing for delivery? Or assume if box is intact then game is ok?

#11343 1 year ago

Cracked 2 billion tonight for the first time. Got terror and monster zero. Completely bombed monster zero by draining out on my last ball with 25 million though. Missed a 25x5 destruction jackpot.

I am really appreciating the always on apron lights. They are extending my games for sure.

#11344 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Damn, what's wrong with people today? How could they try to deliver that?

From what I understand, no matter how badly damaged the item is from transit they still must attempt delivery to get an official documented refusal from the customer.

#11345 1 year ago
Quoted from Walk:

The cabinet was damaged. The bottom and the side and the cabinet Art. [quoted image]

Ugh that sucks. I feel pretty lucky that I have a short enough drive and a truck to just get mine myself.

#11346 1 year ago
Quoted from Walk:

Was it R&L Trucking? Reck and Laugh as they are known.
Sucks, sorry man.

#11347 1 year ago
Quoted from Walk:

Looks similar to what FedEx did to my LE. It sucks.

#11348 1 year ago
Quoted from gamera9:

Looks similar to what FedEx did to my LE. It sucks.

Good ol' fedex freight. I just don't get how people can be so bad at their job. You pick up and deliver packages. Is it really that difficult to keep them in one piece and undamaged? Is it really that much to ask?

#11349 1 year ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

From what I understand, no matter how badly damaged the item is from transit they still must attempt delivery to get an official documented refusal from the customer.

Ya, I get what you're saying, and it's not on the driver. But the wearhouse workers need to do better.

#11350 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Ya, I get what you're saying, and it's not on the driver. But the wearhouse workers need to do better.

Yeah I definitely don't blame the guy delivering it to me. He called me up on the truck to see it before wasting time pulling it off the truck.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Gov's Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Myers, FL
$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
O'fallon, IL
$ 210.00
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Brookings, OR
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Blacklick, OH
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
BomberMods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

€ 178.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 27,296 posts in this topic. You are on page 227 of 546.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/227 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.