IMG_1384 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0814 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0815 (resized).jpeg
20240319_163550 (resized).jpg
20240319_163609 (resized).jpg
20240319_163600 (resized).jpg
20240318_181310 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,177 posts in this topic. You are on page 226 of 544.
#11251 1 year ago

Didn't get that many games in today, but did get a few hours of play in!

Do you ever set a goal and don't allow yourself to move on to another machine until you meet that goal?

Today I set a 1 Billion point goal and luckily (?!?) I hit it on each of my first games on Deadpool and then AIQ... took me three games to hit it on Godzilla!

Nothing near any of my high scores, but lots of FUN!

awesome1 Godzilla AIQ Deadpool pinball 6-5-2022.jpgawesome1 Godzilla AIQ Deadpool pinball 6-5-2022.jpg
#11252 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

There’s an EXACT match on Thingiverse which can be re-sized (in multiple dimensions; caveat emptor) to the bridge in the game. So don’t sweat the Lior bridge, there are about a million alternatives

Don't worry, I won't sweat anything Lior makes after my experiences with him to date. That's definitely a cool and effective way to do one too

#11253 1 year ago
Quoted from liorillusion:

Hey we decide to do this color because of the coming soon building that we are doing to the premium and they will match perfectly together.
BTW is not bronze its looks different in person. it's just a damaged finish on a silver chrome color. if you want just send me a pm and i will send you one with just a metallic chrome finish. with your order no problem at all i will send you both and you can decide which one you like and you can keep them both for free

well send me your address in the pm maybe you will get a gift soon in your mailbox

Thank you Lior! Holy crap! Will post pictures of this fantastic addition once it is installed.

#11254 1 year ago

I just had a game where I had terror and monster zero lit at the same time. I selected terror, and played it out. I couldn't work out after that how to play zero. Do you have to requalify it again? I had GZ to power level 7.

#11255 1 year ago
Quoted from awesome1:

In all seriousness... I have noticed improvements on the games I use them on. I do tend to play long periods of time (1-3 hours usually) sometimes back to back to back on the same machine. If you are playing a game and moving on to another machine, you probably won't notice anything unless your games are long (30+ minutes from start of cold machine). It also may be a little difficult to "feel" flipper fade in a lot of cases, because the game still works, just the flipper timing is altered slightly.

Exactly this.

I've installed them on both GZ and AIQ. I can notice fade from as little as half an hour play, often on the very first game from turning on.

A lot of people won't notice the fade and just think that they've mistimed the shot - and only start to notice it when they can't make a ramp. I'm confident that I'm a good enough player to be able to know whether I've hit the shot in the same place/time as previous shots and know when there's a deteriation in the flipper strength.

They've been a godsend on both the machines I've fitted them on, but haven't needed them on any other games I've owned.

As it happens was at a league meet just yesterday and after 4 hours of play, GZ was having a real struggle in making the right ramp, not ideal as a rejection often led to a SDTM.

I do wonder if using a more powerful coil, on a lower setting would improve the fade, but no doubt people would still turn the power up to max and have the ball flying around so fast that airballs and broken plastics would be an issue.

#11256 1 year ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

Exactly this.
I've installed them on both GZ and AIQ. I can notice fade from as little as half an hour play, often on the very first game from turning on.
A lot of people won't notice the fade and just think that they've mistimed the shot - and only start to notice it when they can't make a ramp. I'm confident that I'm a good enough player to be able to know whether I've hit the shot in the same place/time as previous shots and know when there's a deteriation in the flipper strength.
They've been a godsend on both the machines I've fitted them on, but haven't needed them on any other games I've owned.
As it happens was at a league meet just yesterday and after 4 hours of play, GZ was having a real struggle in making the right ramp, not ideal as a rejection often led to a SDTM.
I do wonder if using a more powerful coil, on a lower setting would improve the fade, but no doubt people would still turn the power up to max and have the ball flying around so fast that airballs and broken plastics would be an issue.

Completely agree Wayne, have fans on my AIQ and Godzilla. I used to think it bollocks until I got these machines. GZ was the worst for me, didn't have to be on very long, just one good game in which it became harder and harder to make both ramps. Fans are essential on both machines as far as I'm concerned but are the only machines so far I've thought so. It is rediculous that they're needed, Stern need to sort this shit out.

#11257 1 year ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

I just had a game where I had terror and monster zero lit at the same time. I selected terror, and played it out. I couldn't work out after that how to play zero. Do you have to requalify it again? I had GZ to power level 7.

Never mind, found the answer in the code readme, you have to get to power level 8.

#11258 1 year ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Any tips for rectifying a scoop that frequently rejects made shots?

I have this occasionally on my new Pro, and I haven't really found any solutions yet. The UFO will occasionally help put it back in, but not usually.

#11259 1 year ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

The last code release notes indicate whichever of the two you didn't do earlier is qualified at level 8

#11260 1 year ago

Wednesday delivery scheduled for my Premium!

#11261 1 year ago
Quoted from PinRat:

The last code release notes indicate whichever of the two you didn't do earlier is qualified at level 8

Yeah read that earlier.
Actually, is there any reason at all to select monster zero over terror when offered both? Terror is worth approx 10x the points in my short experience of playing both modes. So playing zero first then potentially not even getting to terror ( 4 more power ups away ) seems like a bad idea unless I'm missing something?

#11262 1 year ago

Agreed. Terror all the way. It’s much harder to qualify terror though ime.

#11263 1 year ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Yeah read that earlier.
Actually, is there any reason at all to select monster zero over terror when offered both? Terror is worth approx 10x the points in my short experience of playing both modes. So playing zero first then potentially not even getting to terror ( 4 more power ups away ) seems like a bad idea unless I'm missing something?

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Agreed. Terror all the way. It’s much harder to qualify terror though ime.

Yes, Terror is harder to qualify and worth more points... at least as code stands now.

#11264 1 year ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Any tips for rectifying a scoop that frequently rejects made shots?

Try adjusting the depth of the mech with washers and play around with (gently) bending the hood up and down.

#11265 1 year ago

Joined the club yesterday.. Really like this pin. Not sure what the scoring range is but I’m starting to get the hang of it.

514C0282-10B3-4A61-A92A-2008442AA93D (resized).jpeg514C0282-10B3-4A61-A92A-2008442AA93D (resized).jpeg
#11266 1 year ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

The electrical resistance that happens as the coil heats up that causes fade will still happen on the larger coil, so you'll still get fade. With a larger coil you leave the power up so even when it's faded quite a bit it still has enough power to mostly work, but in that case the coil is overpowered in the beginning before fade and you can break stuff over time from harder hits earlier in the game.

If you get a larger coil installed and turn down the power, you're in about the same boat as a stock coil with stock power. It will still fade, and while you CAN open the coin door between balls to turn up the power when that starts, it's not ideal.

#11267 1 year ago

So I sold my Godzilla Prem a while back to get a RUSH LE. The thought process was grab the LE now and Stern will be running Zilla for years to come so getting another Prem will be no problem. Doh! Turns out it was a huge problem and the wait is like a year. So I landed and just paid for a Pro. Hasn’t come yet and I have played the Pro but I’m hoping it will pacify until another Prem comes around. What do all the Pro owners think about theirs? After seeing the building go up and down, the bridge, and mechagodzilla, I’m thinking maybe the Pro will good enough?

#11268 1 year ago

Any version of this game is good enough and then some.

#11269 1 year ago
Quoted from Hoteldrummer:

So I sold my Godzilla Prem a while back to get a RUSH LE. The thought process was grab the LE now and Stern will be running Zilla for years to come so getting another Prem will be no problem. Doh! Turns out it was a huge problem and the wait is like a year. So I landed and just paid for a Pro. Hasn’t come yet and I have played the Pro but I’m hoping it will pacify until another Prem comes around. What do all the Pro owners think about theirs? After seeing the building go up and down, the bridge, and mechagodzilla, I’m thinking maybe the Pro will good enough?

I am very happy with my pro!

#11270 1 year ago

I took your advice and pu

Quoted from KJL:

I switched the wifi network and it downloaded and installed. I noticed that in the net menu it had my other network having a better signal.
Who knows why it worked for the first 2 updates and not these last 2

Insider connect only works half the tim

Quoted from freddy:

So am I it is fast and has great flow

#11271 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The electrical resistance that happens as the coil heats up that causes fade will still happen on the larger coil, so you'll still get fade. With a larger coil you leave the power up so even when it's faded quite a bit it still has enough power to mostly work, but in that case the coil is overpowered in the beginning before fade and you can break stuff over time from harder hits earlier in the game.
If you get a larger coil installed and turn down the power, you're in about the same boat as a stock coil with stock power. It will still fade, and while you CAN open the coin door between balls to turn up the power when that starts, it's not ideal.

I wasn't sure whether an 'overpowered' coil on half settings would heat up (and fade) quicker or slower than a 'lowerpowered' coil on full settings.

Your fans do the job incredibly well in maintaining desired strength.

#11272 1 year ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

I wasn't sure whether an 'overpowered' coil on half settings would heat up (and fade) quicker or slower than a 'lowerpowered' coil on full settings.

In early testing I helped by using LOTR coils in stranger things. I cannot remember the exact readings, but the change in heat/fade with fans/no fans with those coils was negligible. I left the LOTR coils in there as I was able to reduce the power from max and still get optimal play out of them. The stock coils had to be at max to get optimal play.

#11273 1 year ago

Anyone interested in a (new) Playfield protector and (new) set of Plastic protectors for Godzilla Pro? $75 shipped (contiguous US only). PM me if interested. Thanks!

#11274 1 year ago

To me, the building is no big deal, but I'd miss the bridge and mecha. Bridge multiball has the best start up action, in my opinion.

#11275 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

To me, the building is no big deal, but I'd miss the bridge and mecha. Bridge multiball has the best start up action, in my opinion.

I started to find the building annoying after a while, even though it is one of the best “show off” mechs since the MM castle. But the game has SO much going on, including the Magna-grab, it changes the flow too much IMO.

I didn’t find the bridge mech to add much to the game overall, although I do feel the Pro start to bridge multiball is a little lacking; so if you play that mode a lot you may miss it!

The Mecha rotating targets is also cool, it’s an alternate way to play the game - the strategies for modes on the Pro are just different. Ebirah is pretty annoying if the spinner isn’t facing out, for example.

#11276 1 year ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

The biggest danger is just overpowering shots earlier when the bigger coil is fresh. Also, on Spike fade with the larger coil would be less of an issue than on JJP/Spooky/CGC because Spike's hold management is light years better and the coil temp is basically not increasing in hold at all.

#11277 1 year ago
Quoted from freddy:

Awesome! Thank you! I’m sure I will as well

#11278 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Yeah I agree, we sold our Premium way before all these cool new mods and several code updates but that bridge and MechaGZ were a big deal even back then.

#11279 1 year ago

Hi gang- having some opto issues on the left ramp - it looks like the sending opto isn't functioning- any idea if there are replacements available?

#11280 1 year ago
Quoted from truemagoo102:

Hi gang- having some opto issues on the left ramp - it looks like the sending opto isn't functioning- any idea if there are replacements available?

Call your distributor.

#11281 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Ebirah is pretty annoying if the spinner isn’t facing out, for example.

That is not possible. If you start a battle and pick Ebirah, the spinner will rotate back to front facing position.

#11282 1 year ago
Quoted from Palmer:

That is not possible. If you start a battle and pick Ebirah, the spinner will rotate back to front facing position.

See my earlier post about this (and video)... if you start Godzilla Multiball, Mecha shield will rotate.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/217#post-6940222

#11283 1 year ago
Quoted from awesome1:

See my earlier post about this (and video)... if you start Godzilla Multiball, Mecha shield will rotate.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/217#post-6940222

My bad. I thought you were talking about starting Ebirah when the shield is rotated halfway through qualifying Mechagodizlla MB. In that case it will turn back around. Yeah pretty tough to hit that shot otherwise!

#11284 1 year ago
Quoted from truemagoo102:

You can file a tickeet with Stern on their website. The opto for my Building VUK was acting flaky (sometimes not recognizing the ball). I had a spare opto pair at home to try. Once I confirmed that was a problem, I filed a ticket with Stern on 6/1. The next day, they confirmed they would be sending a replacement. The package is expected to arrive via UPS tomorrow on 6/8. One week turnaround.

You can also find them for order on pinball life and Marco. They are about $10 for the receiver and $10 for the transmitter.

#11285 1 year ago

CFDAD722-4AED-45F7-8BE5-7D1DC860650F (resized).jpegCFDAD722-4AED-45F7-8BE5-7D1DC860650F (resized).jpeg

That sure looks like a monster sized hole…

#11286 1 year ago
Quoted from DaveH:

[quoted image]

Doors are over rated!

#11287 1 year ago
Quoted from DaveH:

[quoted image]

room for 1 more

#11288 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I finally took the plunge and ordered... It's also relief to finally have games that last long enough that I start to notice a bit of fade at the tail end. I'd like to think that I'm improving, but I suspect most of the longer time is from the expanded code.

#11289 1 year ago

Officially in the club. 5/31 date, insider works, glass is not too tight, and it has the updated magnet plastic.

6157B75E-B450-4A6E-8534-AD2443BC5062 (resized).jpeg6157B75E-B450-4A6E-8534-AD2443BC5062 (resized).jpeg842E84F9-0C76-4CE7-B414-D1722287C9FE (resized).jpeg842E84F9-0C76-4CE7-B414-D1722287C9FE (resized).jpeg
#11290 1 year ago

Congrats!

That plastic will break too. It’s suggested to shorten the throw of the coil plunger so the bridge doesn’t touch it.

#11291 1 year ago

I love my pro. I played the Premium/LE a still decided to go with the pro. For me the pro flowed much better and I added a bunch of mods to mine and toys and love it. No regrets for me. Saved $2200 over the premium.

30963B29-4051-44AF-BCFE-34AB8357AB9B (resized).jpeg30963B29-4051-44AF-BCFE-34AB8357AB9B (resized).jpeg
#11292 1 year ago

The lights in the sign over my scoop, along with the flasher that is mounted there don't light. I have verified in test. I traced the wires and reseated the connections, but still no dice. Any ideas?

#11293 1 year ago

Wondering if I can get some guidance on how to add a new table to my collection on my profile page. I see a place to move no longer owned games to "history", but nothing to click on to add new games. Thanks.

#11294 1 year ago
Quoted from troon47:

Wondering if I can get some guidance on how to add a new table to my collection on my profile page. I see a place to move no longer owned games to "history", but nothing to click on to add new games. Thanks.

you have to add the game in the beginning and then your in

#11295 1 year ago
Quoted from troon47:

It only let's you put in machines, tables aren't allowed

#11296 1 year ago

Go to your collection page on your profile and enter the name of the pin you want to add, it will give you options to add to collection or wishlist

#11297 1 year ago

Sorry if this has already been posted. On the pro, does everyone’s inner left loop have this bracket hanging over the ball guide? The premium definitely doesn’t
EB04672C-9F68-4686-938F-F7BFD1F22F59 (resized).jpegEB04672C-9F68-4686-938F-F7BFD1F22F59 (resized).jpeg

#11298 1 year ago
Quoted from lapean111:

The lights in the sign over my scoop, along with the flasher that is mounted there don't light. I have verified in test. I traced the wires and reseated the connections, but still no dice. Any ideas?

Where did you trace it back to? It should have plugged into board 8B, connector CN1 and the wires should have been at position 10,11,12 on that connector. I'm guessing it's in the wrong place or wired up to the connector incorrectly.

#11299 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Where did you trace it back to? It should have plugged into board 8B, connector CN1 and the wires should have been at position 10,11,12 on that connector. I'm guessing it's in the wrong place or wired up to the connector incorrectly.

Thank you, I will check this out tomorrow.

#11300 1 year ago
Quoted from lapean111:

Thank you, I will check this out tomorrow.

Also, have a look at where the wires are soldered on the actual sign. They may be soldered in the wrong places, too.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
17,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball
Sound/Speakers
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 159.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation
Shooter rods
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods
Toys/Add-ons
€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Winter Garden, FL
$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Performance Pinball
Shooter rods
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop
Backbox
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy
Protection
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 27,177 posts in this topic. You are on page 226 of 544.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/226?hl=apinjunkie and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.