Screenshot_20240408-172819 (resized).png
IMG_0307 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5052 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
4A684A67-61F1-4FF0-8236-BF6E38F58AE9 (resized).jpeg
pinside.66273470719090863a8972d23c0880d26136302f (resized).jpg
E8926C7A-0B80-451C-BFC6-B6F8BA766F07 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,295 posts in this topic. You are on page 225 of 546.
#11201 1 year ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

So behind the translite, I used/taped a plastic sheet running from the top of the back box (midway front-to-back) to the metal bar in between the translite and the speaker panel. I then attached a 20- SMD warm white strip running at an angle behind Godzilla's fire breath, and 2 Comet fire post lights at the bottom left (at that area of a burning explosion). I then hooked these lights (with Comet matrix system and alligator clips) to the Red portion of GI and received a very nice effect.
I made a small YouTube video of the effect for those interested.

That's really brilliant. Well done! Which red GI bulb did you attach to?

#11202 1 year ago
Quoted from ZAuxier:

Feeling philosophical on a Friday...
Wondering if there comes a point in Pinball ownership where a game just "clicks"? So far, I've owned both JP (Data East) and Godzilla (Pro) and it's happened to me with each machine.
Prior to last week, my average game on Godzilla was right around the 100M mark - usually lasting around 5mins total. Since then, I've probably played 7-8 games or so, and don't think I've gotten a score below 800M. I am consistently getting EBs, Rampage (which I never got to previously), Saucer Attack MB (which I never got to previously), Monster Zero (new to 0.96), and have set 3 GCs within this time period. I'm starting to get to the point where I actually need to set aside at least 20mins if I am even thinking about starting a game. It's an absolutely incredible feeling, I can't drain!
WHAT IS HAPPENING?!?

Yes! This basically happens with me on every game I get. Usually there will be several plateaus that take a bit to consistently get past as I work towards 'finishing' the game and also trying to improve my score. Learning the rules little by little and also getting the 'feel' for each game just keeps building up until you can consistently have 'good' games and then occasionally put it all together and have a 'great' game!

I do tend to concentrate on the 'new game' in my collection and put in a lot of games on it (as time allows).

I have also found that I need to set aside a minimum of around an hour to play and allow for the long game or two. My single longest game of pinball ever is on AIQ premium and it lasted 90 minutes! My longest on Godzilla premium so far is around 40 minutes.

It is a great feeling and keeps me coming back for more!

#11203 1 year ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

So behind the translite, I used/taped a plastic sheet running from the top of the back box (midway front-to-back) to the metal bar in between the translite and the speaker panel. I then attached a 20- SMD warm white strip running at an angle behind Godzilla's fire breath, and 2 Comet fire post lights at the bottom left (at that area of a burning explosion). I then hooked these lights (with Comet matrix system and alligator clips) to the Red portion of GI and received a very nice effect.
I made a small YouTube video of the effect for those interested.

Nice. Behind the scene photo please.

#11204 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I have this collection - it is EXPENSIVE. But it is worth it if you prefer the original releases of all these films. For the most part, they are way better. Godzilla for example is the most different, but is separately available. Criterion did a good job with what they were able to get their hands on - the supplemental features are very interesting, including the original-original King Kong vs. Godzilla, which in 35 years of watching these movies, I had never seen. But if you just want to get a kick out of watching old Godzilla movies, almost all of these are on Tubi or Pluto in their dubbed versions.

That's the whole issue with this set for me is that I want the English versions in blu ray quality. I already have the Japanese versions of many of them. I think it's priced ok for what you get, considering how many movies are in there and all of the bonus content. Criterion always does excellent work. If I was starting a collection from scratch this would be a great buy.

#11205 1 year ago

Here’s a better description than what’s on Amazon for anyone interested in that amazing set: https://www.criterion.com/boxsets/2648-godzilla-the-showa-era-films-1954-1975

#11206 1 year ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Thanks for confirming. That's pretty much what I had heard and what has kept me from buying this set. I already have some of the Japanese language versions of these films, but would double-dip if I could get the versions I remember seeing as a kid.

I am watching all the movies starting with the first. Most of them are on HBO, so may be worth it to sub for a couple of months to watch a bunch once for context in the pinball game.

Some of them have english dubs, some dont. It's bouncing back and forth. I'm about 9 movies in. I believe the dubs just aren't available for some of them, anywhere.

#11207 1 year ago
Quoted from izzy:

Nice. Behind the scene photo please.

When I get back to town tomorrow I will take a picture behind the translite and post the installation pic.

#11208 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

That's really brilliant. Well done! Which red GI bulb did you attach to?

Thanks!!
Any red GI bulb will work. I have so many things connected to so many things on this particular game, haha, the two that were available were towards the rear of the playfield, but again, any red GI will work in this case.

#11209 1 year ago

New bridge mod from Lior. Looks nice as I would expect from him. Also expensive as are all his mods.

https://littleshopofgames.com/shop/the-art-of-pinball/stern-pinball-godzilla/stern-pinball-godzilla-bridge-sculpt-by-the-art-of-pinball/

#11210 1 year ago

#11211 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

I am watching all the movies starting with the first. Most of them are on HBO, so may be worth it to sub for a couple of months to watch a bunch once for context in the pinball game.

Some of them have english dubs, some dont. It's bouncing back and forth. I'm about 9 movies in. I believe the dubs just aren't available for some of them, anywhere.

Thanks, but again, I already have many of the Japanese language versions of them and have seen them all. I think I am only missing 3 of the showa era films. I have a large collection of dvds and blu rays, so I just would like to add physical discs of the English dub versions (where applicable), but this set doesn't have them.

I just think the questionable dub jobs were part of the charm with these movies. I picked up the recent Shaw Brothers Volume 1 box set and that thankfully had all of the bad english dubs intact. I'm even picky about which English dub was used with some movies. Like when I picked up Akira on blu and first started watching it. It was in English, but even though I hadn't seen it in 20+ years, I noticed the voices and even the dialogue were not the same as I remembered. Sure enough, there was an option on the disc to select the 1988 dub or the newer release dub. I immediately set it back to the '88 dub.

#11212 1 year ago

Thanks! Ordered! I love all his mods! The UFO is probably still my favorite

#11213 1 year ago
Quoted from Kent_Diego:

DudeRegular I added LED jewel post lights and connected to always on +5V. Best mod ever and it is cheap. It adds just enough light so you can see the ball in blackouts. [quoted image][quoted image]

So I ended up doing a slightly different approach. I used the connection you showed, but instead wired to the two led pcb's in the apron holes. I will see how it plays this way.

#11214 1 year ago

Daannng that’s nice

#11215 1 year ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

I then hooked these lights (with Comet matrix system and alligator clips) to the Red portion of GI

What's a good sized alligator clip for attaching things to existing wiring? Anyone got a link? I've got an Avengers shooter rod I want to hook up to Godzilla and I'd prefer to not have to solder it in place.

#11216 1 year ago
Quoted from Amused_to_Death:

What's a good sized alligator clip for attaching things to existing wiring? Anyone got a link? I've got an Avengers shooter rod I want to hook up to Godzilla and I'd prefer to not have to solder it in place.

Not sure about the size, but the majority of alligator clips that I have used come from Comet to utilize their matrix systems.

www.cometpinball.com

#11217 1 year ago

Alligator clips are basically a one way road to a short and a fire and blown boards.
They are meant for test stuff only and spill into lazyness.

#11218 1 year ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

cliffys: have to contact him directly
flipper fade: this machine has had the worst fade i've seen, personally, on a stern so far. fans were a must for me (and many others)

Play style has a lot to do with fade on Sterns. GZ is really about middle of the road on temps in my testing, but you'll definitely get fade over time, and you'll get it faster if you're a defensive flipper.

#11219 1 year ago
Quoted from MaxIsDead:

Alligator clips are basically a one way road to a short and a fire and blown boards.
They are meant for test stuff only and spill into lazyness.

Exactly! I always solder my wires with any mod that involves Alligator clips. Definitely lazy attaching the wires with them. You wouldn’t use jumper cable ends to hook your battery to a car, why would you use alligator clips on a pin?

#11220 1 year ago
Quoted from Amused_to_Death:

Don’t half ass it and cause a short and possibly fry your board, just take the time to do it right. It’s a pain but the right way to do it.

Odds of the alligator clips coming loose are very probable and the place where they attach are tight and come in contact with something else is very high. Electrical shorts are a nightmare and can be very costly.

Don’t be lazy and do it right.

#11221 1 year ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

That's the whole issue with this set for me is that I want the English versions in blu ray quality. I already have the Japanese versions of many of them. I think it's priced ok for what you get, considering how many movies are in there and all of the bonus content. Criterion always does excellent work. If I was starting a collection from scratch this would be a great buy.

You… have the Japanese versions already?… On Bluray ? You must have them on DVD. Unfortunately I’m not sure the dubbed International versions are on bluray yet

#11222 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

Is that a dead Gamera?

No it’s not suppose to be Gamera, it’s actually a deep cut from the movies. In a scene on Infant Island there was a large moving skeletal turtle in the background that Godzilla fans have dubbed Skeleturtle. (Clever)

33D70FE2-783F-4539-959C-755272F9454A (resized).png33D70FE2-783F-4539-959C-755272F9454A (resized).png
#11223 1 year ago
Quoted from MegaFeenix:

No it’s not suppose to be Gamera, it’s actually a deep cut from the movies. In a scene on Infant Island there was a large moving skeletal turtle in the background that Godzilla fans have dubbed Skeleturtle. (Clever)[quoted image]

Whoa! Major Easter egg. I did not know that!

#11224 1 year ago
Quoted from MegaFeenix:

No it’s not suppose to be Gamera, it’s actually a deep cut from the movies. In a scene on Infant Island there was a large moving skeletal turtle in the background that Godzilla fans have dubbed Skeleturtle. (Clever)[quoted image]

Thanks for explaining that. I should have known it wasn't Gamera since ZY would have made it look way more like Gamera than that.

I guess I missed skeleturtles appearance in Godzilla vs Mothra. I looked him up and he appears to have a lot fans.

#11225 1 year ago

Just got notification that my GZ Premium should ship next week! Need to catch up on this thread and order some mods!

#11226 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

You… have the Japanese versions already?… On Bluray ? You must have them on DVD. Unfortunately I’m not sure the dubbed International versions are on bluray yet

Yes, on DVD.

#11227 1 year ago

Looks out of place. Looks like a weathered wood bridge that has been sitting for decades. Not sure why he went this direction with it. I have a pro so I don’t have to worry about it.

#11228 1 year ago

Hmmm, for me it looks like rusted metal.

Perfect.....

#11229 1 year ago

anyone have a solid picture of the goat billboard sign?

#11230 1 year ago

They look awesome.

Now, if only I could think of something witty to say to score a free one……

#11231 1 year ago

Any tips for rectifying a scoop that frequently rejects made shots?

#11232 1 year ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

They look awesome.

The detail in the Lior bridge is really impressive (as always for his stuff), but I'm not sure about the bronze color; it doesn't really match with the rest of the color theme (imo).

#11233 1 year ago
Quoted from arzoo:

The detail in the Lior bridge is really impressive (as always for his stuff), but I'm not sure about the bronze color; it doesn't really match with the rest of the color theme (imo).

I agree 100%. I was surprised too as to date I have LOVED all of his work.

#11234 1 year ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

I agree 100%. I was surprised too as to date I have LOVED all of his work.

Quoted from arzoo:

Hey we decide to do this color because of the coming soon building that we are doing to the premium and they will match perfectly together.
BTW is not bronze its looks different in person. it's just a damaged finish on a silver chrome color. if you want just send me a pm and i will send you one with just a metallic chrome finish. with your order no problem at all i will send you both and you can decide which one you like and you can keep them both for free

Quoted from gumnut01:

They look awesome.

well send me your address in the pm maybe you will get a gift soon in your mailbox

#11235 1 year ago
Quoted from liorillusion:

Hey we decide to do this color because of the coming soon building that we are doing to the premium and they will match perfectly together.
BTW is not bronze its looks different in person. it's just a damaged finish on a silver chrome color. if you want just send me a pm and i will send you one with just a metallic chrome finish. with your order no problem at all i will send you both and you can decide which one you like and you can keep them both for free

I figured there had to be a reason! I look forward to seeing the two together. Any chance you can post pics of what the bridge looks with just the metallic chrome finish?

#11236 1 year ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

I figured there had to be a reason! I look forward to seeing the two together. Any chance you can post pics of what the bridge looks with just the metallic chrome finish?

yes sure! i will do it in a week. im busy now with production and barley at home with the games
but trust me it doesn't look that good....

#11237 1 year ago

Imo liors bridge looks fantastic Orderd

#11238 1 year ago

I've had a few requests to make a new topic post on my DIY flipper coil fans... finally got around to starting it, take a look if interested:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/diy-pinball-flipper-coil-fans

#11239 1 year ago

Finally a breakthrough game on my pro, and didn't even finish all the cities. Will be awesome if/when I can finally get the lingering physical issues on the machine sorted out.

Screen Shot 2022-06-05 at 11.18.52 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-06-05 at 11.18.52 AM (resized).png
#11240 1 year ago

The Mando Shooter Rod is actually a better choice for Godzilla, you get the MechaGodzilla feel every time you touch it, the blue matches colors well also, suprised how much blue is on the Premium’s!! Phenomenal game!!!

#11241 1 year ago

Anyone ever have issue of building while lowering shakes when empty meaning no balls on top. Run on test never shakes only while playing.
Any thoughts would be appreciated
Cheers

#11242 1 year ago
Quoted from liorillusion:

well send me your address in the pm maybe you will get a gift soon in your mailbox

I knew there had to be a reason. Can't wait to see it all together

#11243 1 year ago

Doesn't stylistically match the bridges in the old movies, looks more like the modern Godzilla ones. Easy pass for me, but then again I also sold off my Lior UFO and shield scupt to buy the less expensive Sleal ones.

godzilla-1200-1200-675-675-crop-000000 (resized).pnggodzilla-1200-1200-675-675-crop-000000 (resized).png
#11244 1 year ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Finally a breakthrough game on my pro, and didn't even finish all the cities. Will be awesome if/when I can finally get the lingering physical issues on the machine sorted out.
[quoted image]

I absolutely hate you. All your work and insight on Deeproot is just down the drain. Clearly you pulled the glass, or did some magic incantation on the game !

#11245 1 year ago
Quoted from Our_Man_in_Oz:

Doesn't stylistically match the bridges in the old movies, looks more like the modern Godzilla ones. Easy pass for me, but then again I also sold off my Lior UFO and shield scupt to buy the less expensive Sleal ones. [quoted image]

There’s an EXACT match on Thingiverse which can be re-sized (in multiple dimensions; caveat emptor) to the bridge in the game. So don’t sweat the Lior bridge, there are about a million alternatives

#11246 1 year ago

Spent the day modding but should of took 2 minutes to clean the rubbers

20220605_194445 (resized).jpg20220605_194445 (resized).jpg20220605_194434 (resized).jpg20220605_194434 (resized).jpg20220605_190312 (resized).jpg20220605_190312 (resized).jpg20220605_194422 (resized).jpg20220605_194422 (resized).jpg
#11247 1 year ago

I'm not sold on these flipper fans. If you open the coin door after a fart will they blow away the smell?

#11248 1 year ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

I'm not sold on these flipper fans. If I open the coin door after a fart will they dissipate the smell?

It may suck it in like a Dutch oven

#11249 1 year ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

It may suck it in like a Dutch oven

That would be great for pinball shows.

#11250 1 year ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

I'm not sold on these flipper fans. If you open the coin door after a fart will they blow away the smell?

In all seriousness... I have noticed improvements on the games I use them on. I do tend to play long periods of time (1-3 hours usually) sometimes back to back to back on the same machine. If you are playing a game and moving on to another machine, you probably won't notice anything unless your games are long (30+ minutes from start of cold machine). It also may be a little difficult to "feel" flipper fade in a lot of cases, because the game still works, just the flipper timing is altered slightly.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 45.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 125.88
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ChainsawMods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Blacklick, OH
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 80.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Performance Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 27,295 posts in this topic. You are on page 225 of 546.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/225 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.