IMG_1384 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0814 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0815 (resized).jpeg
20240319_163550 (resized).jpg
20240319_163609 (resized).jpg
20240319_163600 (resized).jpg
20240318_181310 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,177 posts in this topic. You are on page 222 of 544.
#11051 1 year ago

OK....with both new miniwizard modes (terror and monster zero), the building has a new process: lower to go to the VUK, building raises, then upkicks the ball. So, its a new path....building is raised, and ball enters from the VUK path (previously it only is in the lowered position for ball locking onto the roof).

So, my ball is actually getting caught here ->

20220528_171440 (resized).jpg20220528_171440 (resized).jpg

Now, a ball search immediately releases the ball, b/c just the slightest movement can release it. Really, I just need the building to be moved slightly to the left.

Right now, I have plenty of space on the left of the building ->

20220528_173357 (resized).jpg20220528_173357 (resized).jpg

compared to the right ->

20220528_173402 (resized).jpg20220528_173402 (resized).jpg

Well, its either shift the entire building mech left a hair, or.....if I could get access to the floor underneath the roof and just adjust the rail a bit (loosen, shift over a hair, then retighten), then that would probably be easier.

20220528_173413 (resized).jpg20220528_173413 (resized).jpg

However....I can't see how I can disassemble the building mech from the top (and I've tried google searching for building disassembly and no luck) to access these two screws. Nor.....do I see a great way to shift the whole building mech slightly left from the bottom of the playfield.

Is anyone else getting balls caught here in the new code?

#11052 1 year ago

Monster Zero achieved, with a WHOOPING 36million to boot! There's just soooo much to this game, and still more to come as well? Unreal.

I'm starting to think more and more that getting this game as my first NIB was almost a mistake. I can't see myself letting this go anytime soon, but also can't see how anything else I would pick up could take any significant time away from it?!?

I know I am preaching to the choir here, but what other game would top this for all of you? Attack From Mars may be the one for me, but the depth and number of shots in GZ is just insane!

#11053 1 year ago

Nothing could top GOT and TWD for me. This game is great though!!

#11054 1 year ago
Quoted from ZAuxier:

I know I am preaching to the choir here, but what other game would top this for all of you? Attack From Mars may be the one for me, but the depth and number of shots in GZ is just insane!

Had mine for a little over a week and I am pretty ambivalent about it. It's cool, but it definitely isn't a keeper.

#11055 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I still need to play TWD, but you're definitely not the only one who I've heard singing it's praises.

I have yet to see it anywhere on location here in Minneapolis.

#11056 1 year ago
Quoted from dashv:

My premium ships Wednesday!!!

My Godzilla ships on Wednesday too!! Can't wait to join the club! Godzilla baby!!! Oh yeah!

#11057 1 year ago

... And I have a mountain of mods ready to install once it arrives.

#11058 1 year ago

Busy day just found time to install looks awesome !

0EDE2355-3562-4BA4-B3B2-C17E0A2B4AB5 (resized).jpeg0EDE2355-3562-4BA4-B3B2-C17E0A2B4AB5 (resized).jpeg288F356B-96E2-4BE7-968D-FEC663B8CFF4 (resized).jpeg288F356B-96E2-4BE7-968D-FEC663B8CFF4 (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#11059 1 year ago
Quoted from MacJedi:

... And I have a mountain of mods ready to install once it arrives.

What ones did you pick?

#11061 1 year ago

Anyone know how and where to get
Custom Mirrored backglass made?

ie the ones Stern puts on LEs.

Please let me know. Thanks.

#11062 1 year ago
Quoted from dashv:

My premium ships Wednesday!!!

Go go Godzilla!!!

I am told mine is shipping next Tuesday so I'm pretty excited!!! -- As an aside, I am assuming this probably won't be shipping with the latest code update (0.96) so I'm thinking this will have to be installed once it arrives...

#11063 1 year ago
Quoted from archimandrite:

I can't get the update to work on my Pro. This is at least my fourth update, using a flash drive, and the first time I've had a problem. The update menu appears, but every time I hit Select I get "Insert USB memory stick". The 000 and 001 files are 1,953,125 kb and the 002 file is 1,957,946 kb.

Sounds like your USB is not formatted as FAT32. You may need to download a free utility to format it to FAT32.

#11064 1 year ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

If I have one ball locked and the game ends, the building goes down but the arm doesn’t open enough for the weight of the ball to push through and get released. Is there a way to fix this? I’ve been having to take off the glass to get the ball out.

Found a way to fix this. There’s a little post to the left of the building that the arm of the building hits as it goes down. The post lifts the arm. I added two small washers under the post, and now the arm opens more than enough to let the ball out.

0C5C95EF-6286-4006-B3A1-5A59AEBC604C (resized).jpeg0C5C95EF-6286-4006-B3A1-5A59AEBC604C (resized).jpeg
DC62A310-A0DD-4633-95B4-E4A504C82033 (resized).jpegDC62A310-A0DD-4633-95B4-E4A504C82033 (resized).jpeg

#11065 1 year ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Sounds like your USB is not formatted as FAT32. You may need to download a free utility to format it to FAT32.

Thanks, but that wasn't it. My flash drive showed that it was FAT 32 formatted, but I reformatted it, reloaded the files and got the same result.

I skipped the previous update. Could that be the issue?

#11066 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I have a #the_walking_dead sitting beside Godzilla (Premium) and they are both keepers. Interesting that you put #game-of-thrones-le into that group, I'll have to spend more time with one.

#11067 1 year ago

Hi -
Just wanted to say a big thank you to this group and for all the wealth of information you have shared!
The tips & tricks, strategies, suggestions, fixes and the MODs.

This is the first game I've modded and I'm super happy how it all turned out.
I was lucky enough to have played both the Premium and the Pro to get a feel for the game, but ultimately I decided to go with the pro after seeing all the cool mods and ideas.
A big shout out to those that have used their skills to build all these great mods and of course those that have openly shared their super creative ideas and answering all my question along the way.

p.s. I did finally managed one solid game to break the billion mark. Then it was back down to my normal average play. Ha ha

IMG_5085 (resized).jpgIMG_5085 (resized).jpgIMG_5096 (resized).jpgIMG_5096 (resized).jpgIMG_5061 (resized).jpgIMG_5061 (resized).jpgIMG_5101 (resized).jpgIMG_5101 (resized).jpgIMG_5109 (resized).jpgIMG_5109 (resized).jpg
#11068 1 year ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

I have a The Walking Dead (Pro) sitting beside Godzilla (Premium) and they are both keepers. Interesting that you put Game of Thrones (Premium/LE) into that group, I'll have to spend more time with one.

GOT premium is my favorite coded game ever.

It’s Dwight’s opus. Haha

#11069 1 year ago
Quoted from MacJedi:

My Godzilla ships on Wednesday too!! Can't wait to join the club! Godzilla baby!!! Oh yeah!

When did you order it?

I ordered mine end of March 2022

#11070 1 year ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Found a way to fix this. There’s a little post to the left of the building that the arm of the building hits as it goes down. The post lifts the arm. I added two small washers under the post, and now the arm opens more than enough to let the ball out.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Glad you got your fix to work!

I was going to suggest raising the rear of the machine to increase your pitch and also you can adjust the height levels of the building in settings, which may allow you to have the building drop a little lower, which would raise the arm a little more.

#11071 1 year ago
Quoted from ZAuxier:

Monster Zero achieved, with a WHOOPING 36million to boot! There's just soooo much to this game, and still more to come as well? Unreal.
I'm starting to think more and more that getting this game as my first NIB was almost a mistake. I can't see myself letting this go anytime soon, but also can't see how anything else I would pick up could take any significant time away from it?!?

For flat out flow and comboing shots - I currently think AIQ Premium is a better shooter. Code depth is also comparable to Godzilla, but Godzilla is a more complete game in my opinion with better theme integration, call outs and music.

If you are staying with newer NIB offerings, Deadpool is also great. All around complete game similar to Godzilla in that respect with humor added in. Not quite as deep, but still deep.

#11072 1 year ago
Quoted from awesome1:

For flat out flow and comboing shots - I currently think AIQ Premium is a better shooter. Code depth is also comparable to Godzilla, but Godzilla is a more complete game in my opinion with better theme integration, call outs and music.
If you are staying with newer NIB offerings, Deadpool is also great. All around complete game similar to Godzilla in that respect with humor added in. Not quite as deep, but still deep.

I can't even count the number of times I've heard people sing Deadpool's praises. The layout does absolutely seem fantastic, but I could simply care less about the theme.

Elvira is a game that I've really had my eye on, the code just looks bonkers. I know orders for it are very difficult to come by though, and price is definitely a consideration with it as well.

#11073 1 year ago

Thanks, but that wasn't it. My flash drive showed that it was FAT 32 formatted, but I reformatted it, reloaded the files and got the same result.

I bought a new flash drive. Same result. Do I have the right file sizes

I bought a new flash drive. It still won't update. Do I have the right file sizes? The 000 and 001 files are 1,953,125 kb and the 002 file is 1,957,946 kb.

#11074 1 year ago

I bought a new flash drive. It still won't update. Do I have the right file sizes? The 000 and 001 files are 1,953,125 kb and the 002 file is 1,957,946 kb.

downloaded the update for the Pro. 000 and 001 looks right. 002 is showing this for me: 1257946kb. Was that 9 a typo?

#11075 1 year ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

downloaded the update for the Pro. 000 and 001 looks right. 002 is showing this for me: 1257946kb. Was that 9 a typo?

D'oh. Yes. To circle back to my original post, the update menu appears, but every time I hit Select I get "Insert USB memory stick".

#11076 1 year ago
Quoted from Mookie:

When did you order it?

Wow, I ordered my Premium last august and I am still waiting with no eta.... can't wait!

#11077 1 year ago
Quoted from mark532011:

Wow, I ordered my Premium last august and I am still waiting with no eta.... can't wait!

Geez... That's a really long lead time... I ordered in early December 2021 and just got word game is shipping out early next week. I guess it all comes down to (1) which distributor you went with; (2) their total allocation per GZ run; and (3) where your order sits in their hierarchy of GZ customer orders...

#11078 1 year ago

D'oh. Yes. To circle back to my original post, the update menu appears, but every time I hit Select I get "Insert USB memory stick".

I know you've done it before, but dotting 'i's' and crossing 't's'.....files in the root of the flash drive and not in a folder (not sure how the messages respond if you do have a drive inserted but cant find the files)? Tried different USB ports?

#11079 1 year ago

Some really cool mods. I’ll look backwards and see what’s what. Finally upgraded my rom from .89 to .96 as I didn’t want to iterate each release. Cities were messed up in my older version and that’s all fixed. Meat added to tanks, planes and ufo’s. Lots of new sounds. The game has graduated to #1 in my book. Before i’d say the outlook was cloudy, but now there is no question, wowza!

#11080 1 year ago
Quoted from Mookie:

When did you order it?

I ordered mine the day it was announced in Sept 2021.

#11081 1 year ago
Quoted from mark532011:

Hopefully you will be any day now. They are doing a run right now.

#11082 1 year ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

I know you've done it before, but dotting 'i's' and crossing 't's'.....files in the root of the flash drive and not in a folder (not sure how the messages respond if you do have a drive inserted but cant find the files)? Tried different USB ports?

Thanks. I think I've got all that covered. I thought I would try doing the 0.94 upgrade to eliminate one variable, but I can't find the code. Anyone?

#11083 1 year ago

Thanks. I think I've got all that covered. I thought I would try doing the 0.94 upgrade to eliminate one variable, but I can't find the code. Anyone?

https://f002.backblazeb2.com/file/gamecode/godzilla_pro-0_94_0.spk.zip

#11084 1 year ago
Quoted from ZAuxier:

I can't even count the number of times I've heard people sing Deadpool's praises. The layout does absolutely seem fantastic, but I could simply care less about the theme.
Elvira is a game that I've really had my eye on, the code just looks bonkers. I know orders for it are very difficult to come by though, and price is definitely a consideration with it as well.

Elvira is a masterpiece in terms of code - the theme is just so well integrated, and it really feels like you are “playing” the old Movie Macabre show. The layout is not innovative really, but I swear I don’t even notice.

Deadpool has a pretty interesting layout; reminds me of LOTR, and theme integration is also really good.

#11085 1 year ago
Quoted from Mookie:

When did you order it?

Mid-September 2021. I've been waiting a long time. It's a Godzilla Premium.

Here's an incomplete list of the mods I've purchased/received so far (some were from my Pinside Secret Santa!):
- Lior's UFO mod
- Lior's Mechagodzilla rotating target top plastics replacement
- Tdiddy's Telsa towers
- HurryUpPinball's roof mod
- NECA Godzilla and third party blue flame mod
- Titan rubbers
- Lit speaker lights burning city - haven't received it yet
- PinMunk silent fan
- Filament Printing Godzilla coin slot replacements
- Shaker motor
- Lit flipper buttons

I'm going to install this stuff first and then figure out what else I should get. Trying to figure out which art blades to get.

#11086 1 year ago

Just ran into an issue on my Premium that I suspect may have been caused by the latest code update. The building is no longer moving up and down. I noticed it when I lit the lock and the building isn't moving. It's also not moving in the building stepper motor test. I have not experienced a single issue with this machine until the latest code update. I've checked to see if any wires became unplugged but nope...I also haven't not removed the glass in a while so it's not an issue that I could have caused doing something else to the machine.

I performed the update via WiFi which I've successfully done for all other updates, so it's not an issue of me installing the wrong code version.

Anyone else experience and hopefully fix this? Any thoughts on additional diagnostics?

Thanks!

#11087 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Elvira is a masterpiece in terms of code - the theme is just so well integrated, and it really feels like you are “playing” the old Movie Macabre show. The layout is not innovative really, but I swear I don’t even notice.
Deadpool has a pretty interesting layout; reminds me of LOTR, and theme integration is also really good.

The three musketeers of pure fun.

DA5BB0E6-D3F5-4760-B4E4-E85AB2FA8BAE (resized).jpegDA5BB0E6-D3F5-4760-B4E4-E85AB2FA8BAE (resized).jpeg

#11088 1 year ago

You could just download the newest iso file and create a new ssd using rufus. I’ve had mixed luck with usb updates on various games so on anything I can’t update using the network I just create another ssd with the new iso file.

#11089 1 year ago
Quoted from fuseholder:

[quoted image]

Holy shit...very jealous

#11090 1 year ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

OK....with both new miniwizard modes (terror and monster zero), the building has a new process: lower to go to the VUK, building raises, then upkicks the ball. So, its a new path....building is raised, and ball enters from the VUK path (previously it only is in the lowered position for ball locking onto the roof).
So, my ball is actually getting caught here ->
[quoted image]
Now, a ball search immediately releases the ball, b/c just the slightest movement can release it. Really, I just need the building to be moved slightly to the left.
Right now, I have plenty of space on the left of the building ->
[quoted image]
compared to the right ->
[quoted image]
Well, its either shift the entire building mech left a hair, or.....if I could get access to the floor underneath the roof and just adjust the rail a bit (loosen, shift over a hair, then retighten), then that would probably be easier.
[quoted image]
However....I can't see how I can disassemble the building mech from the top (and I've tried google searching for building disassembly and no luck) to access these two screws. Nor.....do I see a great way to shift the whole building mech slightly left from the bottom of the playfield.
Is anyone else getting balls caught here in the new code?

Ok, got this fixed. The fix...was super easy. All I did was bend the VUK guiderail at the end.

20220529_132520 (resized).jpg20220529_132520 (resized).jpg

Of course, I came up with this fix AFTER I tried messing with the building.

If anyone is interested, it isn't that bad getting the building out. Its just these 4 screws at the bottom.

Screenshot_12 (resized).pngScreenshot_12 (resized).png

You'll need to then take one ramp habit trail off to get the building out. I think the right ramp is easier.

Now, with my original idea of adjusting the second to top floor guide ...it would be a pain to get to, but not too bad. The building disassembles from the bottom up, so I would have to take apart 4 floors to get to it. It looked like a headache, so I started thinking of other ways to fix the ball stuck issue (which led me to that stupidly easy fix in my first pic).

20220529_124812 (resized).jpg20220529_124812 (resized).jpg

#11091 1 year ago

Thanks. So, it's not the code. This version doesn't work either. It doesn't seem to be the flash drive; I've used two and reformatted both before loading the files. I'm starting to get nervous that it's my game hardware.

I'll have to do some studying before I can try mstang01's suggestion in post #11088.

#11092 1 year ago
Quoted from mark532011:

I ordered mine on Sept 22 and last I was told was a slim chance for the July run but still a chance. Stern really needs to rethink there allotment strategy.

#11093 1 year ago
Quoted from TommyMc:

I ordered mine on Sept 22 and last I was told was a slim chance for the July run but still a chance. Stern really needs to rethink there allotment strategy.

Until then maybe swap distributors...

#11094 1 year ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Glad you got your fix to work!
I was going to suggest raising the rear of the machine to increase your pitch and also you can adjust the height levels of the building in settings, which may allow you to have the building drop a little lower, which would raise the arm a little more.

I started messing with the height of the building in settings, but quickly became confused. It was then that I noticed that post and the fact that it’s sole purpose was to raise the arm. Couple of washers seemed the easiest solution.

#11095 1 year ago
Quoted from fuseholder:

[quoted image]

Hard to argue with that !

#11096 1 year ago

Did you try both of the USB ports? Try removing the WiFi dongle from the other port aud plug the update USB in that one then power-cycle the game.

#11097 1 year ago

Picked up a modded pro the other day and joined the club. What a beast ass game.

I can make all the shots which almost feels like cheating for a guy of my mediocre skill set.

It’s like Keith said “I know this guy will never reach the end, but let’s make him feel like a man in the process of trying”.

So good.

44116E87-EB04-469E-9EB4-CE0BFE462B90 (resized).jpeg44116E87-EB04-469E-9EB4-CE0BFE462B90 (resized).jpeg
#11098 1 year ago
Quoted from MacJedi:

Mid-September 2021. I've been waiting a long time. It's a Godzilla Premium.
Here's an incomplete list of the mods I've purchased/received so far (some were from my Pinside Secret Santa!):
- Lior's UFO mod
- Lior's Mechagodzilla rotating target top plastics replacement
- Tdiddy's Telsa towers
- HurryUpPinball's roof mod
- NECA Godzilla and third party blue flame mod
- Titan rubbers
- Lit speaker lights burning city - haven't received it yet
- PinMunk silent fan
- Filament Printing Godzilla coin slot replacements
- Shaker motor
- Lit flipper buttons
I'm going to install this stuff first and then figure out what else I should get. Trying to figure out which art blades to get.

You got a plan B? Like if your GZ premium doesn’t show up by July 1, you’d consider saying f’it, I’m going to buy one now in the market and pay the hefty markup. Mostly curious if that is a consideration or once you buy one, you’ll spend the end of time waiting on a phone call to send in balance payment.

#11099 1 year ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

There's a classic Godzilla movie marathon on Comet on Sunday: "Gotta Godzilla!"
Any one of these in particular a must see? That most relate to the game? Guess I'll DVR and check 'em out.
1956 Godzilla, King of the Monsters!
1965 Godzilla vs Monster Zero
1967 Son of Godzilla
1973 Godzilla vs Megalon
1974 Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla
1975 Terror of Mechagodzilla
[quoted image]

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

I like them all, but that one (other than the original), was one of my childhood favorites.

#11100 1 year ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Picked up a modded pro the other day and joined the club. What a beast ass game.
I can make all the shots which almost feels like cheating for a guy of my mediocre skill set.
It’s like Keith said “I know this guy will never reach the end, but let’s make him feel like a man in the process of trying”.
So good.
[quoted image]

Congrats!
Now get some Tdiddy towers in that game!!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball
Decals
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Loveland, CO
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
Playfield - Protection
Gameroom Mods
Protection
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
9,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Gilroy, CA
$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling
Decorations
$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball
Other
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 35.00
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop
Under cabinet
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
BomberMods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com
Decals
$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop
Backbox
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 125.88
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ChainsawMods
Toys/Add-ons
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
O'fallon, IL
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 27,177 posts in this topic. You are on page 222 of 544.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/222?hl=dashv and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.