IMG_1384 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0814 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0815 (resized).jpeg
20240319_163550 (resized).jpg
20240319_163609 (resized).jpg
20240319_163600 (resized).jpg
20240318_181310 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,180 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 544.
#1001 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

I was wondering how the LE/Prem Building mech is attached to the playfield? I hope it’s 4 stationary metal posts w/ 4 nuts. but my gut tells me Stern just used 4 screws into the wood.
Anybody have a picture of the underside of the playfield showing how the building mech is attached?

It looks to be wood screws, but in a fairly large number all the way around. I see no nuts that indicate a mounted or passed-through post.

#1002 2 years ago
20211028_212224 (resized).jpg20211028_212224 (resized).jpgdownload (2) (resized).jpegdownload (2) (resized).jpeg
#1003 2 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Inquiring minds want to know!

#1004 2 years ago

I have never been in on a game at first run before. When does Stern usually get the accessories out? Art blades and shooter rods.

#1005 2 years ago

We are happy to announce that our (Pro) building is coming along nicely. This is a very early version of the building but we are excited about the progress and want to give everyone a peek. Again this is an early version and there will be more details on the roof and sides. We are also kicking around a custom sign package for those that want to customize their pinball mod to truly making it their own. So say instead of "Drake Investments" you wanted say ...... "Centerflanks Lamp shop" or "Vids Pinball Repair". The building would be the same but the sign would be your own.

We hope to make this for all models but until we get our premium there's no way to tell how well this will transfer over

***** we are knees deep in Tesla Strike Towers, so this is going on the back burner for a few weeks ******

But please let me know what you guys think

Thanks again!
Tom Deister
DIDDY'S MOD'S

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/godzilla-pro-building-mod-under-development

20211028_212233 (resized).jpg20211028_212233 (resized).jpg20211028_212236 (resized).jpg20211028_212236 (resized).jpg20211028_212241 (resized).jpg20211028_212241 (resized).jpg
#1007 2 years ago

Unboxed LE #918 yesterday- game looks and shoots great. Having an issue where the building hit opto is firing constantly. Just pressing the flippers will fire the building opto. Anyone else have this issue or know how i can adjust?

#1008 2 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

We are happy to announce that our (Pro) building is coming along nicely. This is a very early version of the building but we are excited about the progress and want to give everyone a peek. Again this is an early version and there will be more details on the roof and sides. We are also kicking around a custom sign package for those that want to customize their pinball mod to truly making it their own. So say instead of "Drake Investments" you wanted say ...... "Centerflanks Lamp shop" or "Vids Pinball Repair". The building would be the same but the sign would be your own.
We hope to make this for all models but until we get our premium there's no way to tell how well this will transfer over
***** we are knees deep in Tesla Strike Towers, so this is going on the back burner for a few weeks ******
Thanks again!
Tom Deister
DIDDY'S MOD'S
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/godzilla-pro-building-mod-under-development
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Very cool.

I've been wondering if there is enough room on the PreLE's to replace the building with something better than the plastics. Not holding my breath, but it really needs it.

#1009 2 years ago

#1010 2 years ago
Quoted from DHudec:

Unboxed LE #918 yesterday- game looks and shoots great. Having an issue where the building hit opto is firing constantly. Just pressing the flippers will fire the building opto. Anyone else have this issue or know how i can adjust?

If it's like the Pro, there's an opto pair at the entrance to the ground floor of the building (in front of the blue rubber bumpers on each side). Likely one side or the other of the sender or receiver is off center from the hole in the lane guide and the edge of that hole is triggering the opto from vibration.

Adjust the optos until smacking the playfield with your open palm doesn't trigger them. Basically you want the sender and receiver centered in the hole of the lane guide. You should be able to adjust the bracket both the optos are mounted to from the underside of the playfield (loosen, adjust, tighten, lower PF and test), but it will be a little trial and error since you'll be doing it blind relative to centering the optos on the holes of the lane guides.

#1012 2 years ago

Most excited I’ve been about a new pin in some time

02CD2FCA-AC31-4635-B343-A030D7510A47 (resized).jpeg02CD2FCA-AC31-4635-B343-A030D7510A47 (resized).jpeg
#1013 2 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

Thanks again!
Tom Deister
DIDDY'S MOD'S

This is stellar!

#1014 2 years ago

I'm picking up my LE from my distributor tomorrow afternoon! Godzilla LE coming soon to the Pensacola Area!

#1015 2 years ago

Just arrived (late). Unpacked because it was on a flatbed through a few drizzles (w/tarp) so wanted to check for moisture. Haven’t plugged in because I’d be up all night, but should be a good weekend!

297D3F65-FFF0-4A72-9DB2-F8A5374E72C7 (resized).jpeg297D3F65-FFF0-4A72-9DB2-F8A5374E72C7 (resized).jpeg437C6C2A-61BB-4E97-A5F0-41CF47C27B39 (resized).jpeg437C6C2A-61BB-4E97-A5F0-41CF47C27B39 (resized).jpeg
#1016 2 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Just arrived (late). Unpacked because it was on a flatbed through a few drizzles (w/tarp) so wanted to check for moisture. Haven’t plugged in because I’d be up all night, but should be a good weekend!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks beautiful. I still can't for the life of me understand why they only included the Japanese katakana for Godzilla below the name on the Pro and left it off the Prem/LE. It's integral to the theme.

Stern is such a mystery sometimes...

#1017 2 years ago

Just back from EXPO and man is Godzilla insanely fun to shoot. It's incredible how many different lines the ball can travel. Pro or Prem anyone buying it is going to be thrilled. I left there eagerly awaiting tomorrow night to get mine in the house. It's fantastic!

#1018 2 years ago
Quoted from Our_Man_in_Oz:

Ironically another reason I'm happy to have skipped Mando personally. Meanwhile only another 2 or so months till Godzilla LE's land here

Our distributor is trying to get ours here before Christmas

#1019 2 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

Just back from EXPO and man is Godzilla insanely fun to shoot. It's incredible how many different lines the ball can travel. Pro or Prem anyone buying it is going to be thrilled. I left there eagerly awaiting tomorrow night to get mine in the house. It's fantastic!

I felt the same way... I'm getting a premium, but was very pleasantly surprised with the pro... So so smooth buttery shots... The ball just flys around in ways you don't expect... Next level stuff... First ball played was a winner

#1020 2 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

Thanks again!
Tom Deister
DIDDY'S MOD'S

wuooooo nice nice nice nice !!!!

#1021 2 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

Thanks again!
Tom Deister
DIDDY'S MOD'S

Looks great. Like the roughness of it. Hope that is what you were going for.

#1022 2 years ago

Just setup Insider Connected, looking at the code on it, says .79 installed but on Stern site says .80 is current. When the machine looks for latest update it is saying .79 is current. Anyone else seeing this?

#1023 2 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

It's incredible how many different lines the ball can travel.

Completely agree. I didn't think much of that path behind the pop bumper when I saw it streamed. But when you play it and the ball goes from the left side of the building, across the playfield, around the pop, and delivered to your left flipper...it's like an invisible wireform ball guide above the playfield. Very cool.

#1024 2 years ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

Looks great. Like the roughness of it. Hope that is what you were going for.

This is kinda the style I settled on, I've always found Gundam dioramas amazing

gundam-after-air-strikes1 (resized).jpggundam-after-air-strikes1 (resized).jpg
#1025 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamwin:

Just setup Insider Connected, looking at the code on it, says .79 installed but on Stern site says .80 is current. When the machine looks for latest update it is saying .79 is current. Anyone else seeing this?

Yes. Did you register your machine yet? Should be good to go shortly thereafter (within a few minutes but maybe not immediately).

#1026 2 years ago

On of my favorite shots on the pro is the Mechagodzilla spinner. What does the premie LE feel like in this regard with the jump shot replacing it?

Has me thinking bad thoughts about buying a measly pro. Pro cab and translite is better too. (edit: better than the premie)

#1027 2 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Yes. Did you register your machine yet? Should be good to go shortly thereafter (within a few minutes but maybe not immediately).

thanks, yes, that was the issue. I registered it but took a minute to connect everything. Downloading update now. Thanks man.

#1028 2 years ago
Quoted from scootss:

Completely agree. I didn't think much of that path behind the pop bumper when I saw it streamed. But when you play it and the ball goes from the left side of the building, across the playfield, around the pop, and delivered to your left flipper...it's like an invisible wireform ball guide above the playfield. Very cool.

The second from the left lane, left orbit is insanely fast. Love it!

#1030 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamwin:

Mine did that till I registered the game.

#1031 2 years ago

I hear 2nd week in November for Premiums from my distributor. Has anyone heard different?

#1032 2 years ago
Quoted from teddyb73:

I hear 2nd week in November for Premiums from my distributor. Has anyone heard different?

Been quiet on my end, but hoping to hear something soon.

#1033 2 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

This is kinda the style I settled on, I've always found Gundam dioramas amazing [quoted image]

I like the contrast from Zombie Yeti's art and your concept, so Kudo's.

#1034 2 years ago

*me by my phone ever since the expected arrival date of 10/26

giphy.gifgiphy.gif
#1035 2 years ago
Quoted from teddyb73:

Have had one pre-ordered and this is what I have been told as well.

#1036 2 years ago
Quoted from Purdue:

On of my favorite shots on the pro is the Mechagodzilla spinner. What does the premie LE feel like in this regard with the jump shot replacing it?
Has me thinking bad thoughts about buying a measly pro. Pro cab and translite is better too. (edit: better than the premie)

I have not played either but that mini loop on the pro looks more fun (to me) I prefer when the ball keeps moving as opposed to hitting a bash toy even in this case a jump ramp. I don’t love the little jump on Maiden that much, would have preferred a ramp or a continuation like on LotR (ring magnet as an example).

#1037 2 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

It looks to be wood screws, but in a fairly large number all the way around. I see no nuts that indicate a mounted or passed-through post.

I agree, based on the game manual images:

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#1038 2 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

This is kinda the style I settled on, I've always found Gundam dioramas amazing [quoted image]

At current prices that’s honestly what these games should look like

#1039 2 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Have had one pre-ordered and this is what I have been told as well.

Are you getting yours off Mike at Pinballs.com?

#1040 2 years ago

I’m not a great player because sometimes my left hand doesn’t do what I tell it to do, but this game is insane!

67F90290-5B8A-46A5-92B6-64F130E7FF5A (resized).jpeg67F90290-5B8A-46A5-92B6-64F130E7FF5A (resized).jpeg
#1041 2 years ago

If any distributor has any November spots left for a Premium free shipping, let me know. I just played the pro this week and just...wow.

#1042 2 years ago
Quoted from Flipstream:

I agree, based on the game manual images:
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

From looking at these pics… I believe there is a metal plate surrounding the building mech hole with 5 holes that are used for the wood screws.

This will add good support for the area. and prevent warping. I also think the building mech, then attaches to this plate via 4 stand-offs with nuts… I like what I see!

#1043 2 years ago

From someone who already has their game or played it already, what is the lockbar action button used for? Charging your heat ray? Selecting allies, cities and battles? Thank you

#1044 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I have not played either but that mini loop on the pro looks more fun (to me) I prefer when the ball keeps moving as opposed to hitting a bash toy even in this case a jump ramp. I don’t love the little jump on Maiden that much, would have preferred a ramp or a continuation like on LotR (ring magnet as an example).

Both fun! I do prefer smacking the ball into his belly though. It’s cool.

#1045 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

From someone who already has their game or played it already, what is the lockbar action button used for? Charging your heat ray? Selecting allies, cities and battles? Thank you

Selecting cities, selecting Kaiju battles, using the heat-ray, and the Anguirus ally add-a-ball.

#1046 2 years ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

So is the LE run complete, or paused for Premiums? (Some were saying paused for operator Premiums? Or were those slated to be part of the first run?)

As Kermit24 said, there are two lines so the Prems are being ran simultaneously

#1047 2 years ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

*me by my phone ever since the expected arrival date of 10/26
[quoted image]

You're not alone. Right there with you.

#1048 2 years ago
Quoted from Hoteldrummer:

As Kermit24 said, there are two lines so the Prems are being ran simultaneously

Thanks kindly; sorry I missed that previously...

#1049 2 years ago

My LE #934 (!) arrived yesterday - managed to set it all up late last night and then played long enough that today I am going to be useless.

This game is really something else... I can't remember grinning so much over a new pin. *Incredible* gameplay and flow, the number of satisfying shots and the depth of combinations is unreal. And those mechs... my goodness it is all so much fun. It feels fresh and deep - it takes an extraordinary design team to execute pinball with such confidence.

I love everything about it: design, flow, code, art, audio, theme integration. Even the cabinet art is next level - I compared to my other LEs and nothing else comes close to the vibrancy and the depth of the colors. The head sides almost look 3D with those reflective/layered surfaces. Pictures really don't do it justice. I like it so much I put it in towards the end of my lineup where the wall curves just so I get to see a good portion of the cabinet and the head.

I am also digging Insider Connected - it is super cool to have my stats tracked so easily, to have my name in the game instead of "player 1." I am impressed how good the UX is already given how new and tricky this kind of tech can be to get going. Whiners are going to whine, but this a fantastic value added to the pinball experience and Stern leads the way, once again.

Honeymoon phase? Sure - but I can't remember ever getting a pin I loved this much right out of the box. If this one does not end up at the very top of my all time favorites I'll be shocked.

Well done Elwin & team - as a lifelong pinball fanatic I salute you and your talent!

2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg5 (resized).jpg5 (resized).jpg
#1050 2 years ago
Quoted from apessino:

My LE #934 (!) arrived yesterday - managed to set it all up late last night and then played long enough that today I am going to be useless.
This game is really something else... I can't remember grinning so much over a new pin. *Incredible* gameplay and flow, the number of satisfying shots and the depth of combinations is unreal. And those mechs... my goodness it is all so much fun. It feels fresh and deep - it takes an extraordinary design team to execute pinball with such confidence.
I love everything about it: design, flow, code, art, audio, theme integration. Even the cabinet art is next level - I compared to my other LEs and nothing else comes close to the vibrancy and the depth of the colors. The head sides almost look 3D with those reflective/layered surfaces. Pictures really don't do it justice. I like it so much I put it in towards the end of my lineup where the wall curves just so I get to see a good portion of the cabinet and the head.
I am also digging Insider Connected - it is super cool to have my stats tracked so easily, to have my name in the game instead of "player 1." I am impressed how good the UX is already given how new and tricky this kind of tech can be to get going. Whiners are going to whine, but this a fantastic value added to the pinball experience and Stern leads the way, once again.
Honeymoon phase? Sure - but I can't remember ever getting a pin I loved this much right out of the box. If this one does not end up at the very top of my all time favorites I'll be shocked.
Well done Elwin & team - as a lifelong pinball fanatic I salute you and your talent! [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome!

Mine is shipping out today!

Great to have a new experience. I have got a few ‘old’ games last like JP and SW that had been out a while before I got them so they were more completed code-wise. But nothing like getting a real fresh take like Godzilla with a very unique layout. It’ll be like when I got R&M had never played before.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball
Sound/Speakers
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 159.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation
Shooter rods
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods
Toys/Add-ons
€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Loveland, CO
€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Performance Pinball
Shooter rods
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop
Backbox
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy
Protection
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
There are 27,180 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 544.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/21?hl=sleal16 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.