Type 14 summery 700 thumb (resized).jpg
20220704_202919 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220704_201756198 (resized).jpg
20220704_200901 (resized).jpg
20220704_200534 (resized).jpg
291975039_10107945815349145_7214094492221176160_n (resized).jpg
53845B71-F994-44AB-B6D1-C8B092852D38 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,376 posts in this topic. You are on page 218 of 248.
#10851 45 days ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

Final four shipping out in the morning
[quoted image]

I thought final four would be 1097,1098,1099,1100
That will teach me to think

#10852 45 days ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Anyone’s bridge ever physically bind and not move? Mine has started to do this intermittently. I can fix it by jiggling it with my hand, but I’m not sure if there’s a way to prevent this. I can’t quite figure out how it is getting hung up.

Check the coil stop on the long bracket with the coil that moves the bridge.

Also maybe the pins that the arm with the bridge pivots on. If it's come loose or broken, that will cause issues.

#10853 45 days ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Anyone’s bridge ever physically bind and not move? Mine has started to do this intermittently. I can fix it by jiggling it with my hand, but I’m not sure if there’s a way to prevent this. I can’t quite figure out how it is getting hung up.

Mine did this. Loosen the clear plastic pieces on top and spread away from each other and retighten.

#10854 45 days ago
Quoted from freddy:

I thought final four would be 1097,1098,1099,1100
That will teach me to think

Back filled spots that were unpaid

#10855 45 days ago

I finally made it to Terror of Mechagodzilla... Terror indeed.

Between blind panic and sheer frustration, I only managed to eke out about 243,000,000 off of that mode. *deep exhale* Alright, shall do better next time... (though probably only marginally)

#10856 45 days ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Mine was doing this out of the box from factory...It seemed the plastics were binding...I loosed the 4 black small screws and moved the plastics away from each other where they met in the middle, pushing each plastic toward it's respective bridge end, spaced them far enough to give a small gap to allow proper closure, it was barely noticeable, but enough to bind the bridge when it tried to close

#10857 45 days ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Check the coil stop on the long bracket with the coil that moves the bridge.
Also maybe the pins that the arm with the bridge pivots on. If it's come loose or broken, that will cause issues.

Thanks. I’ll look.

Quoted from marspinball:

Mine did this. Loosen the clear plastic pieces on top and spread away from each other and retighten.

Quoted from fooflighter:

Mine was doing this out of the box from factory...It seemed the plastics were binding...I loosed the 4 black small screws and moved the plastics away from each other where they met in the middle, pushing each plastic toward it's respective bridge end, spaced them far enough to give a small gap to allow proper closure, it was barely noticeable, but enough to bind the bridge when it tried to close

I’ll try this. Did you only do the plastics on the front of the bridge or the back as well? If the back, it seems tough to get to. How did you do it?

Thanks.

#10858 45 days ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Thanks. I’ll look.

I’ll try this. Did you only do the plastics on the front of the bridge or the back as well? If the back, it seems tough to get to. How did you do it?
Thanks.

I just did the front, seemed like the only one that was binding...use the Coil Bridge test to check repeatedly while adjusting

#10859 45 days ago

Found what I would call a glitch in the software. I had a few games setup this weekend at an event our local brewery was hosting. Friend of mine loves Godzilla and ran up a pretty good score. After he finished his 3rd ball it issued him 11 credits for high scores like Hedora Champion, Jet Fighter Champion, etc. I had to go into the menu and search a little to find it but it’s not beside of the regular HSTD adjustments. Stern has the default setting to award credits for all of those other high score awards, not just Grand Champion or high score #1

#10860 45 days ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I just did the front, seemed like the only one that was binding...use the Coil Bridge test to check repeatedly while adjusting

Thanks. I just checked, and the front plastics were touching. I’ve moved them apart so there’s now a decent gap. Hope that does it. We’ll see.

#10861 45 days ago

Is there an external subwoofer Connection on Godzilla? Or would we need to purchase the pinnovators connector?

#10862 45 days ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Thanks. I just checked, and the front plastics were touching. I’ve moved them apart so there’s now a decent gap. Hope that does it. We’ll see.

Awesome, hope that does the trick, it did for me.

Also to add, my premium came with the newer plastic from Stern over the magnet... The other kept breaking from what I've seen...I did see another post with the newer plastic and it still cracked... So as preventative maintenance, I followed previous advice and dropped a small washer on top of the coil stop to limit the bridge travel ever so slightly... Works perfect and the plastic didn't get touched at all, but still room for the ball to fall through the bridge

#10863 44 days ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Awesome, hope that does the trick, it did for me.
Also to add, my premium came with the newer plastic from Stern over the magnet... The other kept breaking from what I've seen...I did see another post with the newer plastic and it still cracked... So as preventative maintenance, I followed previous advice and dropped a small washer on top of the coil stop to limit the bridge travel ever so slightly... Works perfect and the plastic didn't get touched at all, but still room for the ball to fall through the bridge

Yep, I have the newer plastic, and it did chip slightly. Stern is sending a new one. And, I have dropped a small nut in the coil sleeve which works perfectly. Thanks again!

#10864 44 days ago
Quoted from bsobie:

Is there an external subwoofer Connection on Godzilla? Or would we need to purchase the pinnovators connector?

No external connector. You can Either make a connector yourself or buy the Pinnovators adapter.

#10865 44 days ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

Between blind panic and sheer frustration, I only managed to eke out about 243,000,000 off of that mode. *deep exhale* Alright, shall do better next time... (though probably only marginally)

Yesterday I qualified Terror of Mecha Godzilla mode but I wasn’t sure how to start it. As I was looking on the lcd and the playfield for some kinda hint I was hoping I would get luck y and make the shot to start the mode… and then of course I drained!

#10866 44 days ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

Yesterday I qualified Terror of Mecha Godzilla mode but I wasn’t sure how to start it. As I was looking on the lcd and the playfield for some kinda hint I was hoping I would get luck y and make the shot to start the mode… and then of course I drained!

Remember. You have to get a Mecha Super Jackpot AND get Godzilla power up level 5. Terror will be the only choice for power up when you get there.

After selecting that, the building will be lit with an orange arrow. Shoot that to start the mode.

#10867 44 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Remember. You have to get a Mecha Super Jackpot AND get Godzilla power up level 5. Terror will be the only choice for power up when you get there.
After selecting that, the building will be lit with an orange arrow. Shoot that to start the mode.

Awesome, thanks for explaining, thanks.

#10868 44 days ago
Quoted from freddy:

When leveling put level on play field not on glass!

Thanks, freddy. Strange as it sounds I actually didn't think of that. Appreciate the feedback.

#10869 44 days ago

So close to being so much better, but for some inopportune drains... Last ball being a quick one. Oh well, next time!

IMG_2780 (resized).JPGIMG_2784 (resized).JPG
#10870 44 days ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Unfortunately, my bridge is still binding up at times. I took a long look at it, and it does seem like the two pieces are coming together and somehow locking. When that happens, I can’t even move the coil plunger by hand. I have to physically wiggle and pull at the bridge until it unbinds. Not sure how to fix this as I can’t see anything obvious to adjust or what exactly is locking up. I may have to contact Stern to see if they’ve encountered this before.

#10871 44 days ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Unfortunately, my bridge is still binding up at times. I took a long look at it, and it does seem like the two pieces are coming together and somehow locking. When that happens, I can’t even move the coil plunger by hand. I have to physically wiggle and pull at the bridge until it unbinds. Not sure how to fix this as I can’t see anything obvious to adjust or what exactly is locking up. I may have to contact Stern to see if they’ve encountered this before.

If the pin that the bridge pivots on is loose, it may allow it to shift forward and cause the plastics to rub/lock. I'd check the pin to make sure it's all as it should be.

#10872 44 days ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If the pin that the bridge pivots on is loose, it may allow it to shift forward and cause the plastics to rub/lock. I'd check the pin to make sure it's all as it should be.

There does seem to be play on it. At least left and right. Should there not be? Should I simply try tightening the screw?

#10873 44 days ago

I got the Mezel Mods sign package today. A buddy of mine said that he was disappointed with the light not shining bright enough through. I found out today why and modded the installation.

First, the original sign is maybe 15% translucent.
Second, the new sign light fixtures does not align perfectly.
I'd probably have been disappointed too, but I had to make it better - It's an amazing sign!

WARNING DISCLAIMER: This destroys the original plastic.

I took off the plastic original sign.
Dismantled the LEDs (be careful, there's tiny spacers)
Dremeled holes where the LEDs should match up with new sign.
Put LEDs back (with spacers on opposite side of the LEDs)

Followed rest off instructions (tape the new sign, while out off machine).
Reinstalled and enjoy

20220523_200444 (resized).jpg20220523_200451 (resized).jpg20220523_201637 (resized).jpg
#10874 44 days ago
Quoted from boogies:

I got the Mezel Mods sign package today. A buddy of mine said that he was disappointed with the light not shining bright enough through. I found out today why and modded the installation.
I'd probably have been disappointed too, but I had to make it better - It's an amazing sign!
Reinstalled and enjoy[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Dude, this is good to know. You should post this on the Godzilla mod thread as well.

#10875 44 days ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

Dude, this is good to know. You should post this on the Godzilla mod thread as well.

I’m confused… I’ve replaced the noodle shop and sign and theater shop and sign with Mezel mods and you don’t keep the old signs on you remove the leds/spacers and stick led boards directly to the new sign… old sign/screws/spacers are sitting in the coin box.

5FF753A2-EE73-47A1-913A-708712424EED (resized).jpeg9CBA1049-7076-497E-AC0F-FDECBC9C9730 (resized).jpeg
#10876 44 days ago
Quoted from boogies:

A> Why are you still using the original plastic? The Mezel sign replaces it.
B> If you WANT to keep that plastic there, just rotate the LED boards so they line up with the colored dots.

No cutting needed.

#10877 44 days ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

B> If you WANT to keep that plastic there, just rotate the LED boards so they line up with the colored dots.
No cutting needed.

Scoop sign uses the original plastic according to the install instructions on Mezels site.

#10878 44 days ago
Quoted from Pugster:

Scoop sign uses the original plastic according to the install instructions on Mezels site.

Then I would certainly just swing the LED boards so they line up with the color dots, OR reverse the mounting and put the LED boards on TOP of the original plastic so it's between the original plastic and the mezel cover. Anything but cutting holes in a plastic you can only replace by buying a FULL PLASTIC SET for the machine. Stern doesn't onesie-twosie that part.

#10879 43 days ago
Quoted from Pugster:

This is the correct install. The original plastic is used as the base for the new sign for the scoop.

I ended up doing something similar - drilling the original plastic and using a short section of a post sleeve as a light channel.

#10880 43 days ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Then I would certainly just swing the LED boards so they line up with the color dots, OR reverse the mounting and put the LED boards on TOP of the original plastic so it's between the original plastic and the mezel cover. Anything but cutting holes in a plastic you can only replace by buying a FULL PLASTIC SET for the machine. Stern doesn't onesie-twosie that part.

I am not going to ever use the original plastic again, except to hold the mod in place.
The light would NEVER be close to bright enough going through the original plastic AND the mod. If I installed without drilling holes, I would probably want to remove it due to not being able to see what is lit clearly.

To each there own, I knew there would not be purist love but would have expected more understanding from a mod seller. I could have been negative, and said the mod seller should have included a clear acrylic piece that replaced the original and I wouldnt have needed to do this. I could have bought an acrylic piece, made it fit but I'm never going back to the original plastic. There's no loss in my eyes.

Quoted from Lounge:

This is the correct install. The original plastic is used as the base for the new sign for the scoop.
I ended up doing something similar - drilling the original plastic and using a short section of a post sleeve as a light channel.

I figured I wasn't the first to do this, but I haven't been keeping up in the thread. It wasn't my first choice to do, but it needed to be done ( to see the light brightly)

#10881 43 days ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

No cutting needed.

B- The wiring would not allow you to screw the boards like that. Additionally, thenew mod would not be able to install on the old plastic

#10882 43 days ago

Found the Super Secret Skill Shot last night for the first time. Awesome! What a great game. I love that after several weeks and two hundred plays the game continues to surprise and delight.

#10883 43 days ago
Quoted from SimpleSkin:

Encontré el tiro de habilidad supersecreto anoche por primera vez. ¡Impresionante! Que gran juego. Me encanta que después de varias semanas y doscientas jugadas, el juego sigue sorprendiendo y deleitando.

who is it?

#10884 43 days ago

if he told you, it wouldn't be a secret

#10885 43 days ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

if he told you, it wouldn't be a secret

That's the fun of discovery. If I knew about it before hand then it wouldn't have been so amazing when it happened!

#10886 43 days ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

si te lo dijera, no seria un secreto

xD! ejejeje

#10887 43 days ago
Quoted from boogies:

B- The wiring would not allow you to screw the boards like that. Additionally, thenew mod would not be able to install on the old plastic

The mod definitely has to be applied to the original plastic. Per Mezel Mods instructions.

8A30352E-FC6A-4FDB-9281-60BC306F38C3 (resized).jpeg
#10888 43 days ago
Quoted from boogies:

Reinstalled and enjoy[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I'm glad you posted this as I've had the mezel mods sign installed for a several months and the lack of proper lighting through the modded sign has really annoyed me. I spent time repositioning the light boards to better align them and even using some gorilla tape to press the lights closer to the holes, but the lack of proper lighting is really annoying. I think I'm going to go your route after seeing your after pics. Thanks for sharing since I do like the look of the mezel sign there but need to fix the lighting issue

#10889 43 days ago
Quoted from boogies:

To each there own, I knew there would not be purist love but would have expected more understanding from a mod seller.

The Hippocratic Oath applies to mod makers, too, "first do no harm."

The problem is drilling holes in a screen printed plastic is a one-way street and that plastic is only available in a full set of plastics that may or may not be available. There has to be another way. I have a GZ Prem coming in tomorrow. I'll have a look at it.

#10890 43 days ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The problem is drilling holes in a screen printed plastic is a one-way street and that plastic is only available in a full set of plastics that may or may not be available. There has to be another way. I have a GZ Prem coming in tomorrow. I'll have a look at it.

I’m thinking when my premium comes (if I go for the signs which I think I will) I’ll just use the original sign as a template to cut a piece of clear acrylic. Probably cut a slot where the LEDs are or drill some holes too.

Seems like a simple fix and then I can keep the original as is.

#10891 43 days ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Think that design might have been because of the Mechagodzilla spotlight thats attached in the top corner of the plastic. Its those rivet type mounting that most people might not want to try to remove and remount elsewhere. The three main lights are normal screws, so that should be easy to design into the replacement sign...its just that spotlight.

#10892 43 days ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Think that design might have been because of the Mechagodzilla spotlight thats attached in the top corner of the plastic. Its those rivet type mounting that most people might not want to try to remove and remount elsewhere. The three main lights are normal screws, so that should be easy to design into the replacement sign...its just that spotlight.

Any thoughts on your own signs Sleal16?

#10893 43 days ago
Quoted from Pugster:

I’m thinking when my premium comes (if I go for the signs which I think I will) I’ll just use the original sign as a template to cut a piece of clear acrylic. Probably cut a slot where the LEDs are or drill some holes too.
Seems like a simple fix and then I can keep the original as is.

This seems like the best approach, if a person has concerns about defacing the original plastics.

#10894 43 days ago
Quoted from Pugster:

Any thoughts on your own signs Sleal16?

They're just going to be thoughts for a good few months. I'm still playing catchup on personal stuff and current pin related requests. Been a hectic 6 months. I've even only been able to play a game or two a week =(

#10895 43 days ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

I got there last night has well! It really keeps up the pressure with "5 flips left...4 flips left...". I ended up getting a stucky behind MGZ's left elbow that I hadn't realized until the mode ended. I thought it was strange that the mode kept going with only one ball in play and nothing in the scoop. My first was worth 375m.

#10896 43 days ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Simplest way seems to print the 3D print tabs on the bottom that can screw in where thd original plastic did. Not sure if the filament is weeker if that thin? Alternatively, a separate replacement plastic would keep the original intact.

#10897 43 days ago

I'd like to tweak the flipper power settings on my Pro, but I can't find which menu they're under. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks!

#10898 43 days ago

This may be a "duh" tidbit, but if you get a stuck ball on the back loop or Mecha's arm, open the coin door so the tilt is disabled and you can hulk shake the dang thing loose without hosing your game in progress.

Only proviso is the flippers are dead while open, so don't try during MB and for instance with the back loop make sure you close the door when the ball starts to roll free - it takes a second to restore power to the flippers to recover so you need to be quick to avoid draining.

#10899 43 days ago
Quoted from PinKopf:

This may be a "duh" tidbit, but if you get a stuck ball on the back loop or Mecha's arm, open the coin door so the tilt is disabled and you can hulk shake the dang thing loose without hosing your game in progress.
Only proviso is the flippers are dead while open, so don't try during MB and for instance with the back loop make sure you close the door when the ball starts to roll free - it takes a second to restore power to the flippers to recover so you need to be quick to avoid draining.

Just enable coin door ball save in the settings. When you close the coin door, It will kick out a new ball if it drains with the coin door open.

#10900 43 days ago
Quoted from PinKopf:

Quoted from Lermods:

Just enable coin door ball save in the settings. When you close the coin door, It will kick out a new ball if it drains with the coin door open.

As Lermods mentions or place the freed ball in the shooter lane which will then kick out when you put the glass back on and close the coin door.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 93.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mooresville, NC
Machine - For Sale
Santa Clarita, CA
There are 12,376 posts in this topic. You are on page 218 of 248.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!