PXL_20240415_201849415 (resized).jpg
IMG_2601 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2538 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1444 (resized).jpg
IMG_7006.jpg
gdz opto receiver (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,392 posts in this topic. You are on page 216 of 548.
#10751 1 year ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

I was in a pinball funk for a few weeks, where it seemed like every ball was headed to the drain seconds after launching.
Finally got a good game in tonight and saw Saucer MB, Terror of Mech, and Planet X.
I could not at all figure out what I was doing in Terror.
I know I got to phase 4 or 5, but no ideas how.

The phases will come no matter what. It's all about how much you can achieve during them

#10752 1 year ago
Quoted from tedwasright:

What's your high score?

6C2AA77C-5385-4670-9259-CFB79FAAF5D2 (resized).jpeg6C2AA77C-5385-4670-9259-CFB79FAAF5D2 (resized).jpeg
#10753 1 year ago

Hey, Insanity199, “ that’s insane” !!

#10754 1 year ago

Does anyone else think that the armor on GZ LE is horrible? Not sure why they keep choosing this color. They did it on Metallica LE. At least Stern got it right on Mandalorian LE. Matches perfectly!

#10755 1 year ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

Does anyone else think that the armor on GZ LE is horrible? Not sure why they keep choosing this color. They did it on Metallica LE. At least Stern got it right on Mandalorian LE. Matches perfectly!

I love it, but don't like the le rush armor

#10756 1 year ago

There’s only so many colors. 3 times in over 10 years isn’t anything crazy imo.

#10757 1 year ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I'm pretty sure you are locked out after 4 power ups if you don't collect the Super on the latest code. And you're sure you're on .94 software and not .93?

Honestly, this may be it. I'm going to have to check. My wireless connection with Stern Insider has been *EXTREMELY* flaky. It keeps saying it's up to date but I keep forgetting to check the actual version number. I'm going to be pissed, lol. That was an epic game, and it would've easily been over my GC score with Terror in there..

#10758 1 year ago
Quoted from Bartzenegger:

I gotta agree with you. Jp is just notta big deal to me ! I love all the others of his.

I didn’t like JP at all when I played one (pro) a few times on site. Then I found one at a decent price (LE) thinking I’d play it for a bit and flip it but now I think it’s a keeper. So much more fun and I don’t know if it was the way it was set up on site or the pro vs prem/LE or just playing at home but the difference was night and day.

#10759 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I love it, but don't like the le rush armor

Probably the only thing I don’t love about it, made worse when I got a Mandalorian because now there are two in the room with that same powder coating. Rush seems like another armor miss, I was wondering how much copper plating (or fake copper plating) would cost…

#10760 1 year ago
Quoted from mstang01:

Probably the only thing I don’t love about it, made worse when I got a Mandalorian because now there are two in the room with that same powder coating. Rush seems like another armor miss, I was wondering how much copper plating (or fake copper plating) would cost…

Bout 250 to powdercoat with shipping, I've been checking. I love the side armor on rush,, just not the flat black

#10761 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Bout 250 to powdercoat with shipping, I've been checking. I love the side armor on rush,, just not the flat black

Who does $250 powdercoat with shipping?

#10762 1 year ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Who does $250 powdercoat with shipping?

In the past, that's about what i have paid . Not sure in today's world I guess. Sorry if I misquoted

#10763 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

In the past, that's about what i have paid has charged. Not sure in today's world I guess. Sorry if I misquoted

I was quoted 320 a couple years ago for everything but the coin door from Robert for what it’s worth. Not sure what he charges now.

#10764 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I was quoted 320 a couple years ago for everything but the coin door from Robert for what it’s worth. Not sure what he charges now.

Was that for a normal powder coat or a candy coat which I think is chrome then powder… (sorry if I’m wrong, I’ve just started looking at it and don’t quite understand how they make the clear colored coats)

#10765 1 year ago

I just paid $350 locally to have my TWD armor powder coated to look like clotted blood. Wondering if that sounds about right these days.

4548ED1F-588B-4BB8-8FAF-7E93CFA8690E (resized).jpeg4548ED1F-588B-4BB8-8FAF-7E93CFA8690E (resized).jpeg
#10766 1 year ago
Quoted from mstang01:

Was that for a normal powder coat or a candy coat which I think is chrome then powder… (sorry if I’m wrong, I’ve just started looking at it and don’t quite understand how they make the clear colored coats)

I just asked for powder coat. Not sure what candy coat is. Haha

#10767 1 year ago

Pinball refinery thread offering 250 plus return shipping and his work looks great.

#10768 1 year ago
Quoted from Micahdell:

My wife actually suggested to use wax, she remembered I waxed our windows on the house to make them slide easier which worked. I will give it a try, thanks for the suggestion. I was thinking about how to wax the tracks, but waxing the actual sides of the glass makes way more sense.

My glass was super tight at first too, but after ~20 times removing, it seemed to work it’s way through whatever small threads were causing it to get stuck up.

#10769 1 year ago
Quoted from crwjumper:I just paid $350 locally to have my TWD armor powder coated to look like clotted blood. Wondering if that sounds about right these days.

Great price if you did the coin door. Steve’s work is up to $295 plus more for coin door and you pay shipping. But his work is amazing and he has a library of stuff that matches

#10770 1 year ago

Got my Pro yesterday.

Spent 4-6 hours flipping it last night with friends. Mine definitely needs some adjustments to play its best. The Skillshots are useless as the plunger won't clear the switch/staple. Just rattles in the gap there and falls down to the cheap 'skill' shot.

...fisrt day impression though, I don't know that I would put this one in Elwin's Top 3.

Definitely not in his Top 2, but I could see it being marginally better than AIQ when finished.

#10771 1 year ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Got my Pro yesterday.
Spent 4-6 hours flipping it last night with friends. Mine definitely needs some adjustments to play its best. The Skillshots are useless as the plunger won't clear the switch/staple. Just rattles in the gap there and falls down to the cheap 'skill' shot.
...fisrt day impression though, I don't know that I would put this one in Elwin's Top 3.
Definitely not in his Top 2, but I could see it being marginally better than AIQ when finished.

Hmmm, I've seen a few posts about the plunger hitting and I've never had that issue on my Premium as I'm closing in on 500 games played.

With the depth of Godzilla and AIQ they require a little more time to get the rules and nuances down before a true evaluation can be made.

#10772 1 year ago

They should have gone with the blue armor from Led Zeppelin =)

#10773 1 year ago

What are some strategies that you guys utilize at the start of the game? Curious to hear what approaches different people have.

#10774 1 year ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Got my Pro yesterday.

boooooo!!!! awful take....

#10775 1 year ago
Quoted from ax014:

What are some strategies that you guys utilize at the start of the game? Curious to hear what approaches different people have.

I try to qualify everything. GZ MB, Mecha MB, Tier 1 battle. All while advancing the tanks, jets and saucers. Not sure if that's the right strategy but it makes all the fun stuff happen. 180 plays on my Premium. High score only 370 million. So maybe not the best strategy but it's fun! LOL

#10776 1 year ago
Quoted from ax014:

Currently I try to start qualifying things and then start a battle. If I get Rodan and have a multiball ready I generally will choose Megalon since the points can be larger than the other battles.
If I don't have a multiball or Rodan ready, I generally will choose Gigan since that fight seems to be the easiest.
Be careful if you have GZ multiball ready and you choose Ebirah because on the Pre/LE the Mecha barrier will rotate blocking the right spinner...
I am also currently trying to at least win the battle before changing cities and trying to complete the other tasks as well to increase carnage bonus.

#10777 1 year ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Be careful if you have GZ multiball ready and you choose Ebirah because on the Pre/LE the Mecha barrier will rotate blocking the right spinner...

That’s a good point. Do you think they should update code and raise the building if you start Ebirah so this doesn’t happen? I guess part of me thinks they should fix it, but part of me thinks they should leave it. It’s kind of a cool nuance. Curious what people think.

#10778 1 year ago
Quoted from ax014:

I’m all about getting heat Ray ready first. Spinner, live catch, repeat. Then qualify battle. Then maybe get rage or jets going and hopefully get a couple allies from those (or at least one). Then play a battle at 2x.

#10779 1 year ago

Yeah that’s lame that you can make Ebirah unbeatable on the premium that way.

#10780 1 year ago
Quoted from JP76:

That’s a good point. Do you think they should update code and raise the building if you start Ebirah so this doesn’t happen? I guess part of me thinks they should fix it, but part of me thinks they should leave it. It’s kind of a cool nuance. Curious what people think.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah that’s lame that you can make Ebirah unbeatable on the premium that way.

If I do get in this scenario - I'll try to rip the right spinner before starting GZ multiball or try to collect the add-a-ball quickly once in multiball so the Mecha barrier will rotate back.

#10781 1 year ago

Speaking of Ebirah…was on location and had mecha ready to start so started Ebirah thinking one shot could start Mecha and count towards right spinner but mecha wouldn’t start. Is that a rule?

#10782 1 year ago
Quoted from golfergordy:

The outer posts that regulate ball entry into the side out lanes (on both sides) can be removed from the pf and reinserted back into existing adjacent holes for the purpose of reducing the width of the opening to the out lanes. I did this on my GZ Prem because the out lanes sucked up balls like a vacuum, but since moving the posts over, the out lane drains are much less frequent, and playing is much less frustrating. If you look closely on the pf next to these posts, you can see the add'l holes for relocating the posts. At the left out lane, you can even move that post out to increase the size of the opening to get more drains there.

I see the holes but curious if there are any tutorials for moving posts. I've done some modding to pins but never messed with rubbers or posts! Would love some guidance.

#10783 1 year ago
Quoted from pluto:

I see the holes but curious if there are any tutorials for moving posts. I've done some modding to pins but never messed with rubbers or posts! Would love some guidance.

Remove nut from below the PF, then unscrew the post. Do not hammer the post or you could damage the PF. It’s pretty easy if you have clear access to the post. If not you may have to move things out of the way. It looks pretty easy on GZ.

#10784 1 year ago
Quoted from KJL:

Speaking of Ebirah…was on location and had mecha ready to start so started Ebirah thinking one shot could start Mecha and count towards right spinner but mecha wouldn’t start. Is that a rule?

Yes. Ebirah and titanasaurus lock you out of Mecha progress

#10785 1 year ago

Question, I want to order a different t-molding color. How many feet do I need to do the the job? Thanks for the help.

#10786 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Question, I want to order a different t-molding color. How many feet do I need to do the the job? Thanks for the help.

just measure the length on your backbox, easy as that. I'd add a little bit for a buffer or a mistake.

#10787 1 year ago
Quoted from ZAuxier:

654M, so you got me beat!

Well...not 24hrs after posting this I just destroyed my previous GC and set a new one with 1.2B!!!

I WAS FEELIN IT! Hit two super secret skill shots back to back, started Rampage for the first time, collected a 50M+ destruction jackpot, controlled multiple cities, what a game!!!

I think I'm around 220 plays on my Pro, so I'm definitely excited to see where the journey goes from here. I guess Planet X and Terror are next on my list. WOOOOOOOOOOOO

PXL_20220520_022357143 (resized).jpgPXL_20220520_022357143 (resized).jpg

#10788 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

I ordered 20ft and had some left over.

#10789 1 year ago
Quoted from pluto:

To move the posts guarding the entry to the side out lanes (to change the width of the opening into the out lanes) you must 1st remove the nut and washer for the post from beneath the pf (see pic) and then tap upward (with a hammer) on the threaded post shaft until it's flush with the bottom of the pf (it's a very tight fit and you might have to tap pretty hard to get the post to move upward). Then, using a drift pin of a smaller diameter than the post shaft, tap the drift pin upward against the post shaft until the post comes completely out of the pf. Then I would put some soap onto the post shaft to make it go back in easier than it came out. Pick the new adjacent hole for this post and pound it in and secure the nut & washer on from beneath the pf. Repeat for the post guarding entry to the other side out lane and the job is now done.

IMG_3430 (resized).jpgIMG_3430 (resized).jpg
#10790 1 year ago
Quoted from JP76:

Remove nut from below the PF, then unscrew the post. Do not hammer the post or you could damage the PF. It’s pretty easy if you have clear access to the post. If not you may have to move things out of the way. It looks pretty easy on GZ.

Yes, I guess you could try unscrewing the post after removing the nut & washer. I pounded mine out with a hammer w/o any problem. Maybe I was just lucky?

#10791 1 year ago
Quoted from golfergordy:

Yes, I guess you could try unscrewing the post after removing the nut & washer. I pounded mine out with a hammer w/o any problem. Maybe I was just lucky?

I would 100% unscrew it. Not sure why we're suggesting pounding it out with a hammer?

Once you take the washer out it's as simple as that. Just make sure you have a wrench or socket driver holding the one side while you unscrew the other.

#10792 1 year ago
Quoted from golfergordy:

To move the posts guarding the entry to the side out lanes (to change the width of the opening into the out lanes) you must 1st remove the nut and washer for the post from beneath the pf (see pic) and then tap upward (with a hammer) on the threaded post shaft until it's flush with the bottom of the pf (it's a very tight fit and you might have to tap pretty hard to get the post to move upward). Then, using a drift pin of a smaller diameter than the post shaft, tap the drift pin upward against the post shaft until the post comes completely out of the pf. Then I would put some soap onto the post shaft to make it go back in easier than it came out. Pick the new adjacent hole for this post and pound it in and secure the nut & washer on from beneath the pf. Repeat for the post guarding entry to the other side out lane and the job is now done.[quoted image]

Wow, thanks for this! I'll be installing some pinwoofers this weekend so I'll use that time to do this probably.

#10793 1 year ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Huh... On mine with the newest code it rotates back into regular position after starting Ebirah and stays that way until I clear the right spinner.

#10794 1 year ago

Is there a way to turn off the music while leaving the sound effects on?

#10795 1 year ago
Quoted from PoopsMagee:

Huh... On mine with the newest code it rotates back into regular position after starting Ebirah and stays that way until I clear the right spinner.

I'll confirm on 0.94 code this weekend, but pretty sure I've done it several times since update or I've intentionally avoided that scenario since 0.93 had it? Doubtful though since the code has been out almost a month now. If I'm in Ebirah battle and start Godzilla multiball, the shield will rotate to the target side until I get those to light add-a-ball and then it rotates to the spinner.

#10796 1 year ago

Has anyone ever figured out a solution to the ball trap on the flat part of the metal of the upper loop that cannot be dislodged without tilting?

I was playing with my steepness and now remember why I moved off this one. It is infuriating to lose incredible balls/games for the unpardonable offense of a shot not making it all the way around.

#10797 1 year ago
Quoted from ZAuxier:

Well...not 24hrs after posting this I just destroyed my previous GC and set a new one with 1.2B!!!
I WAS FEELIN IT! Hit two super secret skill shots back to back, started Rampage for the first time, collected a 50M+ destruction jackpot, controlled multiple cities, what a game!!!
I think I'm around 220 plays on my Pro, so I'm definitely excited to see where the journey goes from here. I guess Planet X and Terror are next on my list. WOOOOOOOOOOOO
[quoted image]

I have been enjoying this game every time. I agree. It's a very fun game.

#10798 1 year ago
Quoted from ZAuxier:

Not sure why we're suggesting pounding it out with a hammer?

Because it works?

#10799 1 year ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Is there a way to turn off the music while leaving the sound effects on?

Try changing music attenuation to some very large positive number.

#10800 1 year ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Has anyone ever figured out a solution to the ball trap on the flat part of the metal of the upper loop that cannot be dislodged without tilting?
I was playing with my steepness and now remember why I moved off this one. It is infuriating to lose incredible balls/games for the unpardonable offense of a shot not making it all the way around.

I know exactly the spot yet you're talking about, totally frustrating and I think it's a super common phenomena across all games and models... if the ball is not fast enough, the ball stops on that guide rail in the back and because it sits/rests so solidly back there on that metal guide, you really have to shake the machine to dislodge it and it's going to end up in a tilt.
I was thinking about some durable fixes for this a few weeks ago, but got distracted before I could try anything...I should probably revisit that issue. I too would love to hear if anyone has identified a durable fix for that problem.

On another note, it's now been a fairly long time waiting on my flaming speaker panels and the city cut out. I know that the maker of this item requested that we not reach out to check where we are in the queue, but it's now been several months (maybe more). Have others had to wait this long? Do you think I should try and reach out to him or should I continue to keep the faith that they will eventually arrive? Thanks

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 210.00
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

Machine - For Sale
Austin, MN
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 35.00
$ 100.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

There are 27,392 posts in this topic. You are on page 216 of 548.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/216?hl=ballykiss1978 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.