IMG_1384 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0814 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0815 (resized).jpeg
20240319_163550 (resized).jpg
20240319_163609 (resized).jpg
20240319_163600 (resized).jpg
20240318_181310 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,180 posts in this topic. You are on page 215 of 544.
#10701 1 year ago

I gotta agree with you. Jp is just notta big deal to me ! I love all the others of his.

Quoted from Yarmuck:

I feel you about being in the minority for Elwin game. I love Godzilla, AIQ, and Iron Maiden. I can't stand Jurassic Park.
I don't know what it is, but I hate that game.

#10702 1 year ago

I’ve never been that good at multiball and as a result haven’t been a huge multiball fan, but I got to say, I’m having a blast playing the MBs in GZ. There’s something about the layout that just works for it. My normal flailing around actually gets the balls to go where they’re supposed to go, and there’s so many paths for the balls to loop around that it’s just a ton of fun. Really well designed game!

#10703 1 year ago
Quoted from pluto:

I'm sure it isn't just me so this is mostly just to commiserate together but my GZ Premium outlanes are the hungriest things I've ever seen. I picked up JP and DP after my GZ and I find myself playing them more because I feel like I don't have as many frustrating drains in them due to that damn pop bumper just blazing the ball to the outlanes. Love the code and updates that have come but man do the drains frustrate me more than other pins.

The outer posts that regulate ball entry into the side out lanes (on both sides) can be removed from the pf and reinserted back into existing adjacent holes for the purpose of reducing the width of the opening to the out lanes. I did this on my GZ Prem because the out lanes sucked up balls like a vacuum, but since moving the posts over, the out lane drains are much less frequent, and playing is much less frustrating. If you look closely on the pf next to these posts, you can see the add'l holes for relocating the posts. At the left out lane, you can even move that post out to increase the size of the opening to get more drains there.

#10704 1 year ago

I thought this was a very unusual place (near Mechagodzilla's right shoulder) for the ball to get stuck (see pic) - I couldn't free the ball w/o tilting. Good thing I didn't seem to be in the process of achieving a record score.

GZ Ball Stuck (resized).jpgGZ Ball Stuck (resized).jpg
#10705 1 year ago
Quoted from golfergordy:

I thought this was a very unusual place (near Mechagodzilla's right shoulder) for the ball to get stuck (see pic) - I couldn't free the ball w/o tilting. Good thing I didn't seem to be in the process of achieving a record score.
[quoted image]

Yep, I've had it get stuck there, too, but just the one time. A slight bump of the machine freed it for me.

#10706 1 year ago

Thanks to all you legends that worked this one out! Looks sooo good! Thanks! D35BF98B-5B95-409E-8FEB-01FFF59D9BD5 (resized).jpegD35BF98B-5B95-409E-8FEB-01FFF59D9BD5 (resized).jpeg

#10707 1 year ago
Quoted from RPZ:

Thanks to all you legends that worked this one out! Looks sooo good! Thanks! [quoted image]

Shooter looks good, chrome door looks amazing!

#10708 1 year ago
Quoted from pluto:

AIQ Prem was my first NIB, and pin, ever. I actually sold it less than a year later because the code was too frustrating. Losing a gem and having it be gone the entire game unless you collected and gambled the soul gem was SO annoying.

there is an adjustment that disables Thanos stealing your gems. Doesn’t help with the outlanes though

#10709 1 year ago

Last night I hit a new high score: 811m.

I know I'm low compared to many. So that's my question..

What's your high score?

#10710 1 year ago

So in a heated protracted multiball session, after several minutes the lower left flipper can't drive the ball up the right ramp. The coil stops are replaced with pinball Life, and no fans installed. Right flipper seems to stay strong, and after the multiball session the left flipper will shortly go back to what appears full strength.
Is this a common experience for others, flipper fade I guess, and to be expected?

#10711 1 year ago
Quoted from tedwasright:

What's your high score?

654M, so you got me beat!

#10712 1 year ago
Quoted from tedwasright:

What's your high score?

Just over 3 billion right now; but hoping the terror of mecha Godzilla gets me some bigger scores. Very valuable mode.

#10713 1 year ago
Quoted from tedwasright:

What's your high score?

1.05B. I’ve cracked 1B twice so far, barely. I’ve had my game a little over a month and I’m surprised how fast I got to 1B. So much fun to play!

#10714 1 year ago
Quoted from Yarmuck:

I feel you about being in the minority for Elwin game. I love Godzilla, AIQ, and Iron Maiden. I can't stand Jurassic Park.
I don't know what it is, but I hate that game.

Same. JP is hot garbage.

*edit* 3,821,047,900. Was before this last update, and I still haven't managed to get Terror.

#10715 1 year ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

Maiden can burn in any iteration for all I care.

It's his best.

Quoted from Frax:

JP is hot garbage.

Who are you people?
The theme sucks, I will grant that much and the integration of the theme is just barely OK...

but the PF is fucking brilliant and so fun to shoot.

#10716 1 year ago
Quoted from guitarded:

It's his best.

Who are you people?
The theme sucks, I will grant that much and the integration of the theme is just barely OK...

Maiden is by far his weakest effort. It’s not a bad game, but the other 3 are worlds better.

#10717 1 year ago

The playfield glass on our machine is super tight, it's quite hard to slide in and out. Does anyone have any experience with this? Maybe some tips or tricks on how to make the glass easier to slide in and out? We have a TMNT Pro and no issues with the glass being tight slides in and out very nicely.

#10718 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Maiden is by far his weakest effort. It’s not a bad game, but the other 3 are worlds better.

Layout wise, yeah can say the rest are better. At the very least right now at home (still have GZ kinda taken apart at work), as much as we enjoy the shots of AIQ, which is my favorite shooter, we've been having more of a blast with IMDN. JP hopefully at some point over the next year or so can give that an in-home go at it.

Between the three though, I'm currently putting GZ between AIQ and IMDN with balance of shots and fun assets.

#10719 1 year ago
Quoted from Micahdell:

The playfield glass on our machine is super tight, it's quite hard to slide in and out. Does anyone have any experience with this? Maybe some tips or tricks on how to make the glass easier to slide in and out? We have a TMNT Pro and no issues with the glass being tight slides in and out very nicely.

I use a couple of mini suction cups, my last couple of Sterns have been this way.

#10720 1 year ago
Quoted from Micahdell:

Mine too, it is a bit unnerving to have to clamp down on the glass to get it to move

#10721 1 year ago
Quoted from Micahdell:

Is there a chance it isn't sitting "square" and is binding a bit?

#10722 1 year ago
Quoted from Micahdell:

My glass is tight and I’m ok with it. If you have a shaker and the glass is loose, the glass will rattle unless you use anti rattle tape.

#10723 1 year ago
Quoted from tedwasright:

What's your high score?

Currently 3.9 Billion.

Really starting to learn everything now and getting more consistent 2 Billion games - just need to put it all together in a single game to put up a big score.

#10724 1 year ago

Appreciate the responses to the playfield glass being tight, thank you all. I'm okay with it being tight I guess. I do have shakers in both machines and it does seem to rattle less than our TMNT. Just happy to know it's not just our machine.

#10725 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Quoted from Sleal16:

Layout wise, yeah can say the rest are better. At the very least right now at home (still have GZ kinda taken apart at work), as much as we enjoy the shots of AIQ, which is my favorite shooter, we've been having more of a blast with IMDN. JP hopefully at some point over the next year or so can give that an in-home go at it.
Between the three though, I'm currently putting GZ between AIQ and IMDN with balance of shots and fun assets.

I don't have much time on IM or JP, but the lack of theme integration on JP was a huge turn off for me (My wife just calls it the 'dinosaur game' since we have had a DE JP for 20+ years and that theme integration is much better).

AIQ is just a great shooter with super flow when you get 'in the zone' and are hitting all the shots. Too bad it doesn't have the audio/visual integration that Godzilla does or it would definitely be battling Godzilla for number one in my book.

Godzilla is a complete game, much like Deadpool is to me. No weaknesses in layout, gameplay, rules or audio/visual.

#10726 1 year ago
Quoted from guitarded:

It's his best.

Who are you people?

great game,fun

#10727 1 year ago
Quoted from Micahdell:

Mine started out so tight it squeaked when I walked by,after pulling the glass multiple times with suction cup it stopped squeaking and is easier to take off but still tight.

#10728 1 year ago
Quoted from Micahdell:

Wax the edges of the glass?

#10729 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Just over 3 billion right now; but hoping the terror of mecha Godzilla gets me some bigger scores. Very valuable mode.

Think its time for you to do another vid complete with strategies, similar to the GOT Pro you did a few years ago.

#10730 1 year ago

Maiden still might be the best of the bunch. Only way I'd ever be able to properly assess would be sustained access to all four. Willing to do research if people want to send one each my way.

#10731 1 year ago
Quoted from golfergordy:

The outer posts that regulate ball entry into the side out lanes (on both sides) can be removed from the pf and reinserted back into existing adjacent holes for the purpose of reducing the width of the opening to the out lanes. I did this on my GZ Prem because the out lanes sucked up balls like a vacuum, but since moving the posts over, the out lane drains are much less frequent, and playing is much less frustrating. If you look closely on the pf next to these posts, you can see the add'l holes for relocating the posts. At the left out lane, you can even move that post out to increase the size of the opening to get more drains there.

Great to know! I might actually try this. Thank you for the tip.

Quoted from bocce:

there is an adjustment that disables Thanos stealing your gems. Doesn’t help with the outlanes though

I had NO clue about this. This would've made my experience way better.

#10732 1 year ago

I like how I collect the Mechagodzilla SJP, 8 powerups, and still don't get the fucking mode. Somehow after having the SJP+5, after all that, I went on to finish 3 more cities, was a few shots away from Planet X, had like 8x destruction jackpots going....and yet still no Terror. 3.1 billion. SMFH.

#10733 1 year ago
Quoted from Budman:

Think its time for you to do another vid complete with strategies, similar to the GOT Pro you did a few years ago.

Haha. I doubt I ever have the level of knowledge on any game that would lead to another one of those types of tutorials.

#10734 1 year ago
Quoted from Frax:

I like how I collect the Mechagodzilla SJP, 8 powerups, and still don't get the fucking mode. Somehow after having the SJP+5, after all that, I went on to finish 3 more cities, was a few shots away from Planet X, had like 8x destruction jackpots going....and yet still no Terror. 3.1 billion. SMFH.

So you didn’t shoot the building once after SJP and level 5? Seems impossible. Unless I guess other modes kept locking you out.

#10735 1 year ago
Quoted from Frax:

Quoted from chuckwurt:

So you didn’t shoot the building once after SJP and level 5? Seems impossible. Unless I guess other modes kept locking you out.

Yeah, I've had other modes lock me out for a while, but eventually if I got the Mecha Super Jackpot, I did get the Terror Mode going. Only once so far my game ended before starting the mode after I qualified it.

Once you get the Mecha SJP, the screen will show (briefly) "Terror of Mechagodzilla qualified" and then once you get to powerup 5, you have no choice but to choose "Terror"... still need to shoot inside the building when other modes don't prevent the start of the mode.

#10736 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

That's a hell of a long time to be locked out by modes....and I shot the building plenty. Is Terror lost completely on a ball drain if you don't start it?

#10737 1 year ago
Quoted from Frax:

That's a hell of a long time to be locked out by modes....and I shot the building plenty. Is Terror lost completely on a ball drain if you don't start it?

Do you remember seeing "Terror of Mechagodzilla" on the screen when you were awarded the 5th Power-up? I think you still need to choose it?

#10738 1 year ago
Quoted from Frax:

When you got to level 5, terror should have been the only power up choice. Did you get that?

#10739 1 year ago
Quoted from 0geist0:

Wax the edges of the glass?

My wife actually suggested to use wax, she remembered I waxed our windows on the house to make them slide easier which worked. I will give it a try, thanks for the suggestion. I was thinking about how to wax the tracks, but waxing the actual sides of the glass makes way more sense.

#10740 1 year ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Do you remember seeing "Terror of Mechagodzilla" on the screen when you were awarded the 5th Power-up? I think you still need to choose it?

Uh, no. I'd definitely collected the SJP, though, because I basically NEVER make that stupid tail whip shot on purpose. It's almost impossible on my game, like how a lot of Gem shots on some Tron machines is much harder than it should be. Also, if you have to pick that as a powerup reward, that's pretty disappointing overall, unless 5 is the 50 million/50 million one, then that would explain why it was set up that way at least.

#10741 1 year ago
Quoted from Frax:

Uh, no. I'd definitely collected the SJP, though, because I basically NEVER make that stupid tail whip shot on purpose. It's almost impossible on my game, like how a lot of Gem shots on some Tron machines is much harder than it should be. Also, if you have to pick that as a powerup reward, that's pretty disappointing overall, unless 5 is the 50 million/50 million one, then that would explain why it was set up that way at least.

If you get the SJP and qualify + collect five powerups, the fifth one will be light terror (the only option) and after the ball leaves the scoop the insert of the building will be orange for you to shoot and start the mode.

#10742 1 year ago
Quoted from Frax:

I'm pretty sure you are locked out after 4 power ups if you don't collect the Super on the latest code. And you're sure you're on .94 software and not .93?

#10743 1 year ago
Quoted from Frax:

Quoted from Frax:

If you got to 8 powerups I'd think you would have started the Terror mode at some point. Are you sure your machine updated to .94 code? The Level 5 power up in the .93 code was a 50 million point placeholder.

#10744 1 year ago

Maiden is my favorite Stern, opinions are fun

#10745 1 year ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Maiden is my favorite Stern, opinions are fun

Not yours

#10746 1 year ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

I don’t prefer it but Godzilla Pro is the first Stern machine I’ve played that didn’t seem like it was a compromise or lacking compared to a Premium.

Deadpool?

#10747 1 year ago

Yeah I'm pretty sure if you're still seeing the 50M powerup you're not on the newest code.

Just put up a new GC on my machine (1.5B with extra balls turned off) and still haven't gotten terror of mecha yet.

And glad I'm not the only person with super tight playfield glass. That thing truly didn't want to budge but pushing down from the top of the playfield finally got it moving....otherwise I was looking to buy some suction cups.

#10748 1 year ago
Quoted from guitarded:

It's his best.

Who are you people?

Have to disagree that the theme sucks, the integration is passable at best though. The PF is brilliant. I remember seeing JP at a drive in San Diego with my wife and son in my 1985 Trans Am when I was in the Navy. My son passed so that memory is special and so is the theme.

My daughter hates JP movies, but she loves the pin now. So AIQ will be sold to fund the premium.

#10749 1 year ago
Quoted from El_Patron:

So in a heated protracted multiball session, after several minutes the lower left flipper can't drive the ball up the right ramp. The coil stops are replaced with pinball Life, and no fans installed. Right flipper seems to stay strong, and after the multiball session the left flipper will shortly go back to what appears full strength.
Is this a common experience for others, flipper fade I guess, and to be expected?

I have the exact same ongoing issue with the left flippers, except mine doesn't return to full strength. I've replaced coils, etc....made numerous adjustments suggested on here, but still after 10-15 min. it's mainly weak, wet noodle flips. Multiballs are virtually impossible to do anything with because there's barely enough strength to get the ball to the top of the playfield.

#10750 1 year ago

I was in a pinball funk for a few weeks, where it seemed like every ball was headed to the drain seconds after launching.

Finally got a good game in tonight and saw Saucer MB, Terror of Mech, and Planet X.

I could not at all figure out what I was doing in Terror.

I know I got to phase 4 or 5, but no ideas how.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Linn Creek, MO
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball
Sound/Speakers
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 159.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation
Shooter rods
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods
Toys/Add-ons
€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wilmington, NC
€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Performance Pinball
Shooter rods
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop
Backbox
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy
Protection
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 27,180 posts in this topic. You are on page 215 of 544.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/215?hl=troon47 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.