gdz opto receiver (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_215256_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1439 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408-172718 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240408-172819 (resized).png
IMG_0307 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5052 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,335 posts in this topic. You are on page 214 of 547.
#10651 1 year ago
Quoted from pluto:

I'm sure it isn't just me so this is mostly just to commiserate together but my GZ Premium outlanes are the hungriest things I've ever seen. I picked up JP and DP after my GZ and I find myself playing them more because I feel like I don't have as many frustrating drains in them due to that damn pop bumper just blazing the ball to the outlanes. Love the code and updates that have come but man do the drains frustrate me more than other pins.

If you think GZ bad, then you should avoid AIQ.

#10652 1 year ago

Thank you for all the advice folks! Ultimately, the solution ended up being going out to buy a very very long screwdriver and putting on rubber gloves so that I wouldn’t lose grip when turning. I have pretty sweaty hands so I need to remember that for next time! End result: EGG SHOOTER!

21E81E6C-69C1-4B43-89E7-A5D698007DCB (resized).jpeg21E81E6C-69C1-4B43-89E7-A5D698007DCB (resized).jpeg8FC4207C-9C55-40A9-89FD-F293A2F4555D (resized).jpeg8FC4207C-9C55-40A9-89FD-F293A2F4555D (resized).jpegD469D151-3B14-4F61-BD23-C5F19AD21A57 (resized).jpegD469D151-3B14-4F61-BD23-C5F19AD21A57 (resized).jpeg
#10653 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Do not use WD40, it will just make it worse. WD40 is not a lubricant. The product you want to use in this situation is called “PB Blaster” but it’s probably too potent to use in such close quarters.

Well a small amount of WD40 worked for me in the same exact situation. It loosened the screw right up. To each is own I guess. Good luck.

#10654 1 year ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

Well a small amount of WD40 worked for me in the same exact situation. It loosened the screw right up. To each is own I guess. Good luck.

It may loosen stuff up, but eventually it dries out and gets all kinds of gunk stuck to it. If you end up throwing the screw out, it's fine - just didn't want him to gum up his machine!

#10655 1 year ago

Can anyone recommend a distributor for a Godzilla premium? I fully understand that there is a large wait list for this machine and I have no problems with the wait. That said, I have contacted at least six distributors and only one has had the courtesy of giving me a reply.

#10656 1 year ago
Quoted from reynolds531:

Can anyone recommend a distributor for a Godzilla premium? I fully understand that there is a large wait list for this machine and I have no problems with the wait. That said, I have contacted at least six distributors and only one has had the courtesy of giving me a reply.

Try Zach at Flip n out or Trent at tilt amusements.

#10657 1 year ago
Quoted from reynolds531:

Automated Services in CT.

#10658 1 year ago

I’ve taken videos and sent it to stern. It doesn’t look like the bridge, the building reaches the lower end gets jammed, and I have to physically unjam it from under the playfield by spinning the gear. I’m so upset. I’m so very upset with this.

#10659 1 year ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

Steve from Pinball Refinery did my Godzilla Premium in a green with a silver flake. The pictures don’t do it justice. When you walk by the machine it sparkles. Lol. Steve does amazing work![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great!

#10660 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Try Zach at Flip n out or Trent at tilt amusements.

It’s Troy at Tilt Amusement. I bought my game from him so can vouch that he’s a stand up guy and will take good care of you if he can. I’ve bought a game from Zach too and know the same goes for him as well.

#10661 1 year ago

So much for being beyond excited for my machine. I’m usually so good at diagnosing what’s wrong.I can’t figure it out. Usually someone has had the same issue and I can read and figure it out from there. Not this time I guess.

#10662 1 year ago
Quoted from ianwho:

So much for being beyond excited for my machine. I’m usually so good at diagnosing what’s wrong.I can’t figure it out. Usually someone has had the same issue and I can read and figure it out from there. Not this time I guess.

Maybe this?
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/godzilla-premium-building-stuck#post-6918178

#10663 1 year ago
Quoted from atg1469:

It’s Troy at Tilt Amusement. I bought my game from him so can vouch that he’s a stand up guy and will take good care of you if he can. I’ve bought a game from Zach too and know the same goes for him as well.

It’s also Trent. Unless he has fully retired

#10664 1 year ago
Quoted from atg1469:

It’s Troy at Tilt Amusement.

Or Trent.

#10665 1 year ago
Quoted from reynolds531:

i've bought 2 nib from https://www.classicgamerooms.com/ with great results. i'll always go to them first

#10666 1 year ago
Quoted from Av8:

I do too. Extra Balls are nearly impossible to get so If I'm not set up for a good game by ball 3, reset.

Extra balls aren't really that hard to get if you focus on them. The following can be reasonably easy:
3 Saucers destroyed
10 Jet fighters destroyed
2 Kaiju battles won

Some of my best games were with a lousy first ball.

#10667 1 year ago
Quoted from ianwho:

taken videos and sent it to stern.

I have the pro yet saw several issues of people with screws that were loose and caused binding. Have you checked out those posts?

#10668 1 year ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

Extra balls aren't really that hard to get if you focus on them. The following can be reasonably easy:
3 Saucers destroyed
10 Jet fighters destroyed
2 Kaiju battles won
Some of my best games were with a lousy first ball.

Is an EB awarded if you destroy 10 Jet fighters? I guess I haven't done that

#10669 1 year ago

I'm just bouncing in to see how alone I am in preferring the Pro over the Premium? Are there others out there like me who like the Pro better too?

#10670 1 year ago
Quoted from Yarmuck:

I'm just bouncing in to see how alone I am in preferring the Pro over the Premium? Are there others out there like me who like the Pro better too?

there's been plenty of folks who feel that way, but it's certainly not the majority.

#10671 1 year ago
Quoted from Yarmuck:

I’ve played both and have a Premium on order. If I couldn’t get a Premium I’d gladly get a pro and mod the heck out of it to get rid of the flat plastic feel.

#10672 1 year ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

i've bought 2 nib from https://www.classicgamerooms.com/ with great results. i'll always go to them first

Ditto. Got a CCr recently from Jason at Classic Game Rooms and a GZ Premium on Order. Jason is a stand-up guy and if he still has an allocation I would expect he would get back with you (he usually is fairly reachable by phone as well).

#10673 1 year ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

there's been plenty of folks who feel that way, but it's certainly not the majority.

This is one title as where the pro by no means is a slouch in comparison to the premium model. Both play extremely well, it just comes down to your finances and if you just want to spend the extra coin for the additional mechs.

That being said I went Prem as I do love the building and the mega Godzilla mechs and lately the bridge is cool too.

#10674 1 year ago

Great thing about Elwin games is that the pro is always perfectly adequate. In this case I went premium, but I have a JP Pro, and wouldn’t mind an AIQ Pro. I know I’m in the minority on this one, but Maiden can burn in any iteration for all I care. (Still salty about playing one last weekend in a tournament with outlane posts removed and tilt set tighter than you know what).

#10675 1 year ago

I found I liked the tighter shots of the Pro, and that the ball flowed through the stable building of the pro smoother.

Also, the building lowering just didn't do it for me. The only thing that tickled me some was the mecha godzilla mech.

But I've realized I'm more into shooter pins than gadget pins lately. So yay for my wallet, I guess? Lol.

#10676 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Is an EB awarded if you destroy 10 Jet fighters? I guess I haven't done that

Yes, it is. Something I always try to collect.
http://tiltforums.com/t/stern-godzilla-rulesheet/7210#heading--extraballs

#10677 1 year ago
Quoted from Yarmuck:

Descubrí que me gustaban los tiros más cerrados del Pro y que la pelota fluía a través del edificio estable del Pro más suave.
Además, la reducción del edificio simplemente no lo hizo por mí. Lo único que me hizo cosquillas un poco fue el mecha godzilla mech.
Pero me he dado cuenta de que últimamente me gustan más los pines de disparos que los pines de gadgets. Así que yay para mi billetera, supongo. Lol.

i too!!!

#10678 1 year ago

Question for those of you who have had the game for a while. Yeah, I have it listed in my collection, it's paid for, but waiting on the distributor to send it.

Prior to Deadpool I'd never noticed flipper fade on any of my games or felt the need for the PinMonk fans. I heard that the magna grab was an issue for a while, that it was generating lots of heat and wasn't performing as expected after some play time. I think I'd read that they addressed this issue in code. So... is the magna grab heating issue still a concern? Are people experiencing flipper fade? Do I need to order flipper fans and a magnet fan? I just wish they weren't so darn expensive...

#10679 1 year ago

I have flipper fans but it’s not necessary imo. Neither is a magnet fan. I don’t have a magnet fan and it operates fine. I think that was fixed with code.

#10680 1 year ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

Question for those of you who have had the game for a while. Yeah, I have it listed in my collection, it's paid for, but waiting on the distributor to send it.
Prior to Deadpool I'd never noticed flipper fade on any of my games or felt the need for the PinMonk fans. I heard that the magna grab was an issue for a while, that it was generating lots of heat and wasn't performing as expected after some play time. I think I'd read that they addressed this issue in code. So... is the magna grab heating issue still a concern? Are people experiencing flipper fade? Do I need to order flipper fans and a magnet fan? I just wish they weren't so darn expensive...

My magnet seems to be working fine,I had mushy flippers but just changed coil stops and sleeves and that worked out for me.

#10681 1 year ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

Magna grab hasn't been an issue on mine. I got flipper cooling fans for my AIQ. Fade was very noticeable on that game and impacted game play after 60-90 minutes. So far on Godzilla I haven't felt a need for the fans. Plays well for me through 90 minutes of continuous play.

#10682 1 year ago

Thanks so much for the responses. Can't wait to get this game! I paid in full with the distributor two weeks ago, who knows when the game will ship? Next week or two hopefully.

#10683 1 year ago
Quoted from ianwho:

Have you tried making any adjustments to the building from the underside where it’s mounted to the playfield? I just installed my replacement building (warranty claim from the rubbers falling out) and at first I was experiencing the same issue you described. But it just took a few changes to the four mounting screws to get it into the position where it would clear the bridge going up and down.

#10684 1 year ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

Thanks so much for the responses. Can't wait to get this game! I paid in full with the distributor two weeks ago, who knows when the game will ship? Next week or two hopefully.

100% varies, distributor-to-distributor. they are the only ones who could even give you close eta.

#10685 1 year ago

I think this is the issue. Thank you so much. I’m working with Stern. I’ll keep everyone updated.

#10686 1 year ago
Quoted from Tarheel4985:

Have you tried making any adjustments to the building from the underside where it’s mounted to the playfield? I just installed my replacement building (warranty claim from the rubbers falling out) and at first I was experiencing the same issue you described. But it just took a few changes to the four mounting screws to get it into the position where it would clear the bridge going up and down.

Should I unmount it and make new holes? I feel the adjustment would be so small, that the holes would combine to make a large hole instead.

#10687 1 year ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

100% varies, distributor-to-distributor. they are the only ones who could even give you close eta.

No doubt. Wouldn't it be cool if they all operated the same so that we'd know what to expect??? I've bought from one that is COD, fine with me. Another that only asked me to pay in full the day before it was shipping, also a good way to do things. This one, I don't know if it's just the way things are right now or what, but don't take payment in full and then say "hopefully" it ships in the next two weeks. In what other business is that acceptable? Sorry, just venting.

#10688 1 year ago
Quoted from ianwho:

Should I unmount it and make new holes? I feel the adjustment would be so small, that the holes would combine to make a large hole instead.

No, I didn’t need to adjust the existing holes. There was enough play to be able to adjust the building by tightening one side (left 2 screws or right 2 screws) more than the other. Just a little guess and check and it gave me plenty of clearance on all sides for the building to move seamlessly.

#10689 1 year ago
Quoted from ianwho:

I would not make new holes

#10690 1 year ago
Quoted from Tarheel4985:

No, I didn’t need to adjust the existing holes. There was enough play to be able to adjust the building by tightening one side (left 2 screws or right 2 screws) more than the other. Just a little guess and check and it gave me plenty of clearance on all sides for the building to move seamlessly.

I don't know if this would work as well, but adding a washer under each screw on the side that has the lean (bridge side?) may level it out and provide clearance.

#10691 1 year ago

New pin day! Godzilla in the house. First one was damaged in shipping and had to send back last month. This one arrived in perfect shape!

Big shout out to Kurt and Mark at Hempisphere's for making it go smoothly after the first refusal last month

Stern did great getting it back to me! Brand spanking new.

20220517_120822 (resized).jpg20220517_120822 (resized).jpg20220517_121338 (resized).jpg20220517_121338 (resized).jpg20220517_121946 (resized).jpg20220517_121946 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220517-142755_Photos (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220517-142755_Photos (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220517-142811_Photos (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220517-142811_Photos (resized).jpg
#10692 1 year ago
Quoted from Beyndtstng:

If you think GZ bad, then you should avoid AIQ.

AIQ Prem was my first NIB, and pin, ever. I actually sold it less than a year later because the code was too frustrating. Losing a gem and having it be gone the entire game unless you collected and gambled the soul gem was SO annoying.

But, you're right, the out lanes there were also annoying.

#10693 1 year ago
Quoted from Yarmuck:

I don’t prefer it but Godzilla Pro is the first Stern machine I’ve played that didn’t seem like it was a compromise or lacking compared to a Premium.

#10694 1 year ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

New pin day! Godzilla in the house. First one was damaged in shipping and had to send back last month. This one arrived in perfect shape!
Big shout out to Kurt and Mark at Hempisphere's for making it go smoothly after the first refusal last month
Stern did great getting it back to me! Brand spanking new.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Did they repair your damaged machine or ship a new one?
How bad was the damage or was the box F’d up enough that you refused it and didn’t get a chance to see what was actually wrong?
I always wondered what they did to resolve shipping damage claims.

#10695 1 year ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

After running into severe flipper fade on AIQ (I often play several hour long sessions and my longest single game of pinball ever of 90 minutes, was on AIQ) - flipper coil fans totally eliminated the fade.

I put DIY cooling fans on all my Sterns now and that was one of the first things I did to my Godzilla, I also added one to the magnet just in case...

#10696 1 year ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

congrats, that one looks great!

#10697 1 year ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Stern did great getting it back to me! Brand spanking new.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome! I'm hoping my populated playfield turnaround is within a month, and I didn't get placed at the back of the line.

#10698 1 year ago
Quoted from awesome1:

After running into severe flipper fade on AIQ (I often play several hour long sessions and my longest single game of pinball ever of 90 minutes, was on AIQ) - flipper coil fans totally eliminated the fade.
I put DIY cooling fans on all my Sterns now and that was one of the first things I did to my Godzilla, I also added one to the magnet just in case...

User location checks out...

#10699 1 year ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

Did they repair your damaged machine or ship a new one?
How bad was the damage or was the box F’d up enough that you refused it and didn’t get a chance to see what was actually wrong?
I always wondered what they did to resolve shipping damage claims.

They repaired the backbox side panel, basically modular swap out, new decal and side... Also new lockdown bar.. the damage wasn't that bad, nothing out of square... Looks like the box took the brunt of the damage and the wounds were superficial. It is the same pin though... Same serial number. They cleaned it up really nice... By all standards it is 100% new

#10700 1 year ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

Great thing about Elwin games is that the pro is always perfectly adequate. In this case I went premium, but I have a JP Pro, and wouldn’t mind an AIQ Pro. I know I’m in the minority on this one, but Maiden can burn in any iteration for all I care. (Still salty about playing one last weekend in a tournament with outlane posts removed and tilt set tighter than you know what).

I feel you about being in the minority for Elwin game. I love Godzilla, AIQ, and Iron Maiden. I can't stand Jurassic Park.

I don't know what it is, but I hate that game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Gov's Mods

16,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
$ 210.00
17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Loveland, CO
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
BomberMods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

€ 178.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

There are 27,335 posts in this topic. You are on page 214 of 547.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/214?hl=mapalot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.