DA9E041A-E218-4CA4-BC1D-9D763966803D (resized).jpeg
9268312A-852B-464E-BED4-827736745908 (resized).jpeg
47AA1AFB-E2E5-48CB-9FC5-4D1ACCA298B8 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
CN12 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220810_183900546 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

16 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,719 posts in this topic. You are on page 213 of 275.
#10601 3 months ago
Quoted from anynamewilldo:

What is this black thing on my usb connectors? I'm guessing it is just a connector cover to pull off so i can insert my usb stick? I haven't seen a usb one before.
[quoted image]

That’s the usb Wi-Fi adapter so you can download the code directly to your machine.

#10602 3 months ago

What is this black thing on my usb connectors? I'm guessing it is just a connector cover to pull off so i can insert my usb stick? I haven't seen a usb one before.
[quoted image]

The picture is a bit blurry - is it the WIFI dongle?

#10603 3 months ago
Quoted from spandol:

That’s the usb Wi-Fi adapter so you can download the code directly to your machine.

Indeed, and there's two ports so you still have one available if you want to update via USB thumb drive instead. It can be a bit tight depending on the shape of your thumb drive though.

#10604 3 months ago
Quoted from awesome1:

The picture is a bit blurry - is it the WIFI dongle?

That would be my guess

#10605 3 months ago
Quoted from Bluthgg:

That’s what happens on my Mando. My Godzilla is the same above though that it works but light is off. Waiting on warranty replacements for last few months now.

My light is really dim and flickers. Really weird for an led. Qr reader works at least.

#10606 3 months ago

Where can I find an Apron Card to replace the ugly Insider Connect one?

#10607 89 days ago

Thanks for all the replies about the usb/wifi. I'm probably about the only person who hasn't owned a cell phone or set up wifi internet. I tried 2 usb sticks and neither one wants to fit and one is from micro center so i don't think i have some crazy sized knockoff chinese usb made from... who the heck knows.

#10608 89 days ago
Quoted from El_Patron:

QR light INOP. Anyone have the same issue and perhaps a fix for the QR light coming on during start up but then goes dark after start and stays dark?
[quoted image]

Mine did this. Stern will send you a new one and you return the old one in prepaid return box

#10609 89 days ago

Thanks for all the replies about the usb/wifi. I'm probably about the only person who hasn't owned a cell phone or set up wifi internet. I tried 2 usb sticks and neither one wants to fit and one is from micro center so i don't think i have some crazy sized knockoff chinese usb made from... who the heck knows

It’s tight with the wifi dongle - you can unplug it during the usb update, it’s not a problem.

#10611 89 days ago
Quoted from twenty84:

Sorry for the lack of availability from pinside shops. We are doing some major remodeling of our house now and I had to put a bunch of stuff into storage including these mods. I've had a lot of people ask me to start selling them again, which I plan to do. I hope to find all this stuff and open up shop again later this week.

Glad to hear you'll make them available again. I have several of your shooter rods and they are top notch! Good luck with the remodel.

#10612 89 days ago
Quoted from hd60609:

Glad to hear you'll make them available again. I have several of your shooter rods and they are top notch! Good luck with the remodel.

Which shooter rod?

#10613 89 days ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Which shooter rod?

Oh oh, here we go. Do you even have room on your machine for another mod? I kid, I really enjoy all the additions to your machine.

#10614 89 days ago

[quoted image]

It’s the WiFi transceiver. It lets your Insider Connected communicate with your router.

#10615 89 days ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Which shooter rod?

I have his licorice black, a purple grape and a hammered silver shooter rods on other games.

#10616 89 days ago
Quoted from hd60609:

I have his licorice black, a purple grape and a hammered silver shooter rods on other games.

Pics please

#10617 89 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Does it happen at the start of the ball during ball save only? If so, check the outlane switches.

Chuck, thanks for replying. It happens at all times, during ball saves, immediately or after I plunge, during game play. Could this be caused by the Trough Optos? If so, do I need to replace all six 520-5344-00 tx and six 520-8516-00 rx?
Trough (resized).jpg

#10618 89 days ago
Quoted from DForero:

Chuck, thanks for replying. It happens at all times, during ball saves, immediately or after I plunge, during game play. Could this be caused by the Trough Optos? If so, do I need to replace all six 520-5344-00 tx and six 520-8516-00 rx?
[quoted image]

Disconnect and reconnect that CN14 connector on the node board first and see if it improves.

#10619 89 days ago
Quoted from hd60609:

Pics if you wouldn’t mind. Thank you!

#10620 89 days ago

I’m sure this has already been addressed, but my building on the way back up from Godzilla multi all is getting hung up on the bridge and making a horrible grinding sound. What’s the fix for this? Thank you in advance. I’ve only got like 90 plays, and this is really hanging things up. No pun intended.

#10621 89 days ago
Quoted from ianwho:

I’m sure this has already been addressed, but my building on the way back up from Godzilla multi all is getting hung up on the bridge and making a horrible grinding sound. What’s the fix for this? Thank you in advance. I’ve only got like 90 plays, and this is really hanging things up. No pun intended.

I don't recall hearing about this issue before. There should be a considerable gap between the bridge and building. Surprised it gets hung up when it is just rising and not also when it is collapsing.

#10622 88 days ago

I am trying to remove my original shooter rod so I can install a new one, and this third screw absolutely will not budge. It will not turn in the slightest— I tried for a full hour. I fear it may be stripped now. What would you do if this happened to you, friends?

7D63C500-F002-4A3B-B845-8CE46C69D748 (resized).jpegDB8F126C-C107-458B-9B10-93614C812505 (resized).jpeg
#10623 88 days ago
Quoted from kttully0428:

I am trying to remove my original shooter rod so I can install a new one, and this third screw absolutely will not budge. It will not turn in the slightest— I tried for a full hour. I fear it may be stripped now. What would you do if this happened to you, friends?
[quoted image][quoted image]

I'd try vise grips on it. If there's no room use a Dremel cut off wheel and slice off 2 opposite sides of the screw then remove with a wrench

#10624 88 days ago

Get a very large screwdriver head and use your best elbow grease. Really push in when you turn and go very slow. It should come loose.

#10625 88 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Get a very large screwdriver head and use your best elbow grease. Really push in when you turn and go very slow. It should come loose.

I've tried for a full hour and a half now. Different screwdrivers, different heads. It just can't seem to move no matter how much elbow grease. It's in such an awkward position within the cabinet that it makes it doubly hard.

#10626 88 days ago

The screwdriver should have a very long shaft on it so your handle is past the tip of the plunger. If not, have a friend pull the plunger back to get it out of the way while you get it loose.

#10627 88 days ago

if vise grips dont work try and cut a slot through the middle and use a large standard screwdriver

#10628 88 days ago
Quoted from kttully0428:

I've tried for a full hour and a half now. Different screwdrivers, different heads. It just can't seem to move no matter how much elbow grease. It's in such an awkward position within the cabinet that it makes it doubly hard.

Impact driver if it’s not already stripped. I’ve got a flexible extension I picked up years ago at Home Depot or lowes

#10629 88 days ago
Quoted from kttully0428:

I don't remember if Stern puts loctite on those, but if you heat up the screw it will allow the loctite to release its grip.

#10630 88 days ago
Quoted from kttully0428:

you can try steel wool or a rubber band between your screwdriver and the screw, to increase grip. if you can't get it out with that, or vice grips, you'll likely need to cut it off w/ an angle cutter, like a dremel.

#10631 88 days ago
Quoted from kttully0428:

Add some heat. It may be stuck with threadlok or some other stuff

#10632 88 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

The screwdriver should have a very long shaft on it so your handle is past the tip of the plunger. If not, have a friend pull the plunger back to get it out of the way while you get it loose.

Maybe just take the rod out instead?

#10633 88 days ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Lol, I’ve replaced about 6 of them over the past few months and as I was fighting with the last one I was thinking how much easier it might have been to just replace the rod…

#10634 88 days ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Haha. Yeah. Forgot what we were doing here for a second. But if they are trying to adjust the plunger to be in a different spot, it’s faster than having to adjust, put the plunger back in, still off. Take out plunger, adjust, etc.

#10635 88 days ago
Quoted from kttully0428:

Dremel tool and create a slot for a flat screwdriver head, but do not cut through the screw.

#10636 88 days ago

I’m going to take a video tonight after work. At this point the game is unplayable. I’m pretty good at fixing little things, hopefully it’s easy. It gets stuck every time according to the family at home.

#10637 88 days ago

Try and move the bridge out of the way or maybe something from the building is sticking out that shouldn’t be. See exactly what is getting caught and go from there.

#10638 88 days ago

I'm sure it isn't just me so this is mostly just to commiserate together but my GZ Premium outlanes are the hungriest things I've ever seen. I picked up JP and DP after my GZ and I find myself playing them more because I feel like I don't have as many frustrating drains in them due to that damn pop bumper just blazing the ball to the outlanes. Love the code and updates that have come but man do the drains frustrate me more than other pins.

#10639 88 days ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

Oh oh, here we go. Do you even have room on your machine for another mod? I kid, I really enjoy all the additions to your machine.

Ha!! Should have clarified, no room on the playfield lol, well maybe one more Japanese hogan fighter jet. Shooter rod literally last place left, well maybe lol.

#10640 88 days ago
Quoted from kttully0428:

Get some small vice grips on it. And get it started. Then you should be able to get it off with a Phillips.

#10641 88 days ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I don't remember if Stern puts loctite on those, but if you heat up the screw it will allow the loctite to release its grip.

How would one go about heating up the screw...set a soldering iron to the screw head for a minute or so? Something like that?

#10642 88 days ago
Quoted from mostater:

How would one go about heating up the screw...set a soldering iron to the screw head for a minute or so? Something like that?

could use a hair dryer, etc. would do it from the inside, to prevent any potential external cabinet damage from the heat

#10643 88 days ago
Quoted from mostater:

Soldering iron to the screw would work. Hair dryer *might* work, but I'm not sure there'd be enough heat to penetrate the screw shaft where the loctite is you need to have release its grip.

#10644 88 days ago
Quoted from kttully0428:

Go buy a good klein Phillips screwdriver. You can wrap tip in plumbers tape to help grip. Klein makes the best ive ever used, especially in a stripped screw.

#10645 88 days ago
Quoted from kttully0428:

Use a tap kit. Works with your drill. It works

Screenshot_20220516-171802_Lowe's (resized).jpg
#10646 88 days ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

I restart games all the time at home and wont apologize for it! Many of these games take some time to set things up to have a good game or accomplish the objective I want to accomplish. So if ball one sucks I restart all the time. Whenever I sell a game I show games played and balls played and the buyer sometimes gets a laugh out of it. 500 games played,1000 balls played.... Or something like that Im probably exagerating.

I do too. Extra Balls are nearly impossible to get so If I'm not set up for a good game by ball 3, reset.

Quoted from awesome1:

I was able to complete the 5 Way Rage Combo tonight! Fun Stuff!

Nice job! And you got the destruction jackpot.

I just popped my 1 BILLION cherry on my GZ Pro. 1.222 Bil. It was almost as good as real sex. Such a good pin. Still havent made it to Terror of Mecha. Have you?

#10647 88 days ago
Quoted from kttully0428:

Spray a very small amount of wd40 on that screw and let it soak.

#10648 88 days ago
Quoted from Av8:

It was almost as good as real sex. Such a good pin.

This sure sounds like someone without "real sex" experience". (Don't take this personal, it really made me laugh my ass off when I read it!!!!)

In other news... I'm #13 in my distro's list. And was told I'd probably get my pin in AUGUST. (premium). Dang its gonna be long 3 months. Well, at least I have real sex to do until then.

#10649 88 days ago
Quoted from kttully0428:

Dumb fuckin' philips screws.
The world would be a better place with Robertson screw heads.....

#10650 88 days ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

Spray a very small amount of wd40 on that screw and let it soak.

Do not use WD40, it will just make it worse. WD40 is not a lubricant. The product you want to use in this situation is called “PB Blaster” but it’s probably too potent to use in such close quarters.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
$ 59.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz
There are 13,719 posts in this topic. You are on page 213 of 275.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!