Screenshot_20240408_215256_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1439 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408-172718 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240408-172819 (resized).png
IMG_0307 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5052 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,316 posts in this topic. You are on page 210 of 547.
#10451 1 year ago

Thanks! I did see those, and that’s the guide I followed that fixed 95% of the problem. But even with the bias set all the way to one end (0), it’s still not quite flush.

#10452 1 year ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Determined that problem is the left ramp optos.
Now waiting to hear from Stern about replacement.
Who do you guys normally email at Stern to get a quick response?

It's possibly just a solder connection on the back of one of the optos that's flakey. I had that happen to the opto in the top loop giving me false loops. In my case it was just a case of reflowing the solder on the 4 solder pads on the back of the flakey opto ( 2 for the wires and 2 smaller pads for the opto itself )

#10453 1 year ago

Finally got too the new terror of mecha Godzilla wizard mode and man it's so unique and fun. Just like the soul Gem mode on avengers it's one of those special moments in a already moment stacked game. Gets better every single update and we are not even done yet.

#10454 1 year ago

Got the notice that my Godzilla Premium has shipped, and will be here Thursday.

#10455 1 year ago

Getting close to the end .....only a few numbers left to go

20220509_201752 (resized).jpg20220509_201752 (resized).jpg
#10456 1 year ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

Getting close to the end .....only a few numbers left to go
[quoted image]

Woo-hoo I know I'm about the last in line

#10457 1 year ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

Woo-hoo I know I'm about the last in line

Could be this week......

#10458 1 year ago

My Custom Topper and mods from the Mod thread. Thought you guys might enjoy it.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-mod-thread/page/31#post-6922395

20220502_222214 (resized).jpg20220502_222214 (resized).jpg20220502_222458 (resized).jpg20220502_222458 (resized).jpg20220502_222630 (resized).jpg20220502_222630 (resized).jpg20220508_153221 (resized).jpg20220508_153221 (resized).jpg
#10459 1 year ago

Replaced optos on the left ramp, and problem solved!

New problem though... Went to adjust my right flipper, and the bolt holding the flipper in place is mega tight

There isn't much space to work, so I need a tool that gives some reach. Anyone have amy suggestions?

#10460 1 year ago

New problem though... Went to adjust my right flipper, and the bolt holding the flipper in place is mega tight
There isn't much space to work, so I need a tool that gives some reach. Anyone have amy suggestions?

An allen key like this one works just fine.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#10461 1 year ago

Take the playfield guide rail off if needed.

#10462 1 year ago
Quoted from sarty51:

I noticed this small crack on my Godzilla Premium outlane. You can find it starting near the apron at and extending vertically. Is there anything I should do to prevent further damage? Do these cracks tend to expand or worsen? This playfield is from the April run about 230 plays on it. Thanks.
[quoted image]

I had a couple of these cracks on my new Jan '22 DP Premium. All near holes and none just randomly on the playfield. I took a toothpick and dabbed a very very small amount of Super Fast Thin, Premium Instant CA Cyanoacrylate. Basically water thin super glue, just tracing the crack with a couple runs of the glue to seal the crack line...it blends perfectly when it dries and makes it almost disappear. I could feel the crack line ever so slightly, with my finger nail before. After glue, was smooth with no grabbing, passed the fingernail test. Then I just covered with a small square of mylar and on some of the posts, put a plastic washer in place. The cracks have not worsened.

That being said, I will take this type of slight cracking over chipping and pooling anyday as my DP Premium playfield is one of the most dimple free/resistant, beautiful clearcoats that I own.

What I did is probably overkill, but I feel better for having addressed it early and I have seen no further spreading of the cracks 1000 plays later

I went through this pooling/chipping with my JJP GnR, so I had some small black plastic washers left over and used those near the slings and the 2 posts near the drop target banks which were taking most of the shock from the coils firing.

You can see the before and after example fix below. You can just barely make out the crack from the sling post, after the fix and like I said, it has not spread.
Screenshot 2022-05-10 053451 (resized).jpgScreenshot 2022-05-10 053451 (resized).jpgScreenshot 2022-05-10 053811 (resized).jpgScreenshot 2022-05-10 053811 (resized).jpg

#10463 1 year ago

Moved my Toho Scope magnet down to cover the third "GODZILLA" on the door magnet, and made this kanji one to cover the Stern Insider tag. The kanji colors work well with the background art, at least to me.

20220510_071303 (resized).jpg20220510_071303 (resized).jpg
20220510_071317 (resized).jpg20220510_071317 (resized).jpg

#10464 1 year ago

Determined that problem is the left ramp optos.
Now waiting to hear from Stern about replacement.
Who do you guys normally email at Stern to get a quick response?

the response is not the problem, but I'm waiting more than 4 months now for replacement parts....

#10465 1 year ago
Quoted from xyntec:

the response is not the problem, but I'm waiting more than 4 months now for replacement parts....

Parts are a problem. I just recieved a response that stated parts are available but are in limited supply. So, I took that as well, no parts for me, so I just contacted my Distributor to let them handle it.

#10466 1 year ago

Been trying for Terror of Mechagodzilla since the update- hit the super jackpot, got level 5, drain. Sadness

#10467 1 year ago

Got to Terror of Mechagodzilla last night for the first time. What a blast! WAY different from the Soul Gem mode in Avengers. At each level it adds balls, which makes it harder to control your shots and harder to keep the number of flips down. And harder to keep from draining, which costs flips. It was a frenzy of a mode. I can’t wait to get there again. This game keeps getting better!

E42C195D-A636-4200-83D0-4EAA3B52636D (resized).jpegE42C195D-A636-4200-83D0-4EAA3B52636D (resized).jpeg

#10468 1 year ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Got to Terror of Mechagodzilla last night for the first time. What a blast! WAY different from the Soul Gem mode in Avengers. At each level it adds balls, which makes it harder to control your shots and harder to keep the number of flips down. And harder to keep from draining, which costs flips. It was a frenzy of a mode. I can’t wait to get there again. This game keeps getting better!
[quoted image]

It’s sounding like Terror is comparable to Gappa angry mode in EHOH

#10469 1 year ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

[quoted image]

Really liking the way you assembled those fighter jets at the corner of your picture! That looks great! Would love to see a full pf view.

#10470 1 year ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Really liking the way you assembled those fighter jets at the corner of your picture! That looks great! Would love to see a full pf view.

Thanks!
Here you go.

E1FCCFEB-69BC-4310-952D-03B36A7EDF06 (resized).jpegE1FCCFEB-69BC-4310-952D-03B36A7EDF06 (resized).jpeg

ACF0DD24-E48E-40B8-903E-48F1BB4744D7 (resized).jpegACF0DD24-E48E-40B8-903E-48F1BB4744D7 (resized).jpeg
#10471 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

It’s sounding like Terror is comparable to Gappa angry mode in EHOH

I don't think they're very similar. Very different formats (single ball vs. multiball) and objectives for the initial stages (hit shots to lock a ball vs. limited flips to hit shots to build jackpot values in final stage). And Gappa cuts off when you fail a stage whereas Terror is always played through all 4 stages.

#10472 1 year ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

[quoted image]

Got to Terror, no idea how. Tons of fun. Loved it.

#10473 1 year ago

Does anyone know the size of the Allen bolt that hold the flipper in place?

Need to adjust the angle on the right flipper, but the space is way too tight, and I think the bolt was fastened tighter than it should be.

I was thinking to use something like this:

Screenshot_20220511-115513 (resized).pngScreenshot_20220511-115513 (resized).png
#10474 1 year ago

Need to adjust the angle on the right flipper, but the space is way too tight, and I think the bolt was fastened tighter than it should be.
I was thinking to use something like this:[quoted image]

Get a standard set. Pinball machines aren't metric. SAE is the type.

#10475 1 year ago

I was thinking to use something like this:[quoted image]

Just checked different sizes on mine. 5/32 seems to be the best fit.

#10476 1 year ago

Wow Stern ended up sending me a hard coat kit as well as a new playfield for this issue.

Quoted from sarty51:

I noticed this small crack on my Godzilla Premium outlane. You can find it starting near the apron at and extending vertically. Is there anything I should do to prevent further damage? Do these cracks tend to expand or worsen? This playfield is from the April run about 230 plays on it. Thanks.
[quoted image]

#10477 1 year ago
Quoted from sarty51:

Wow Stern ended up sending me a hard coat kit as well as a new playfield for this issue.

What is included in the hard coat kit? I haven't heard of that before but sounds interesting.

#10478 1 year ago

I have no idea. I’ll let you know what’s in it when I get it.

Quoted from mostater:

What is included in the hard coat kit? I haven't heard of that before but sounds interesting.

#10479 1 year ago
Quoted from sarty51:

Hopefully it’s a populated playfield. If not you’ll have to remove everything from old one and install on new one. That’s a big job!

#10480 1 year ago
Quoted from mostater:

Small bottle with unknown content, too big brush and rough sandpaper.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#10481 1 year ago

It’s definitely unpopulated. However I don’t have to return the old one. So I’ll have it should the issue get worse. Or for a restore years down the road. I’m not complaining. I was surprised they did that for me honestly and how quick they responded.

Quoted from JP76:Hopefully it’s a populated playfield. If not you’ll have to remove everything from old one and install on new one. That’s a big job!

#10482 1 year ago
Quoted from sarty51:

It’s definitely unpopulated. However I don’t have to return the old one. So I’ll have it should the issue get worse. Or for a restore years down the road. I’m not complaining. I was surprised they did that for me honestly and how quick they responded.

How long did it take to get a resolution? I have cracking in my clear coat happening around the magnagrab and it's been over a week without any word back regarding how they'll plan to resolve the issue.

#10483 1 year ago

I filed a ticket online with Stern support last Friday. Sent them pictures of the field. Them quality control responded today with the resolution. Very quick. I went direct to Stern didn’t contact distro.

Quoted from atg1469:

How long did it take to get a resolution? I have cracking in my clear coat happening around the magnagrab and it's been over a week without any word back regarding how they'll plan to resolve the issue.

#10484 1 year ago
Quoted from Returner:

Small bottle with unknown content, too big brush and rough sandpaper.[quoted image]

Taking sandpaper to the playfield on a brand new game...what could possibly go wrong? I'm sure others would be more comfortable doing that than me. I'd probably just dab that clear coat on very lightly and slowly build it up and leave it at that.

#10485 1 year ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Just checked different sizes on mine. 5/32 seems to be the best fit.

Quoted from SimplePin:

Get a standard set. Pinball machines aren't metric. SAE is the type.

Think this will work to get in that tight space?

Screenshot_20220511-185011 (resized).pngScreenshot_20220511-185011 (resized).png
#10486 1 year ago

Think this will work to get in that tight space?[quoted image]

A ratchet with short extension and hex head socket works well also.

#10487 1 year ago

Yep, that should work.

#10488 1 year ago

Don't buy cheapo tools. When you strip an Allen head, it's miserable to get off. Trust me, been turning wrenches for 40 years. Buy a good set you'll have forever

#10489 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Don't buy cheapo tools. When you strip an Allen head, it's miserable to get off. Trust me, been turning wrenches for 40 years. Buy a good set you'll have forever

2nd that, whole heartedly. I got my first set of tools (from Jensen Tools) as a junior IT technician and still have about 90% of the original kit. That $600 investment, about 20 years ago, really paid off - especially working on pinball machines. I'm pretty hard on tools, but a good set rarely fails.

#10490 1 year ago

Paid the invoice for my GZ Pro today, expected delivery end of June.
It is going to be a long wait, but it is always nice to look forward to something

#10491 1 year ago
Quoted from sarty51:

It’s definitely unpopulated. However I don’t have to return the old one. So I’ll have it should the issue get worse. Or for a restore years down the road.

Or more likely sell it.

#10492 1 year ago
Quoted from sarty51:

Quoted from WJxxxx:

Or more likely sell it.

It'd be a cool art piece to hang on the wall.

#10493 1 year ago

Hello everyone. Recent issued with my GZ Pro. It will spit put another ball, thinking I have drained. Sometimes it will spit out multiple balls. Anyone have any idea what could be causing this? Thanks for any input.

GZ 2 Ball (resized).pngGZ 2 Ball (resized).png
#10494 1 year ago
Quoted from DForero:

Hello everyone. Recent issued with my GZ Pro. It will spit put another ball, thinking I have drained. Sometimes it will spit out multiple balls. Anyone have any idea what could be causing this? Thanks for any input.
[quoted image]

Does it happen at the start of the ball during ball save only? If so, check the outlane switches.

#10495 1 year ago

ebay.com link: itm
More jets, if anyone's lookin

#10496 1 year ago
Quoted from ax014:

Been trying for Terror of Mechagodzilla since the update- hit the super jackpot, got level 5, drain. Sadness

I just fell into the same situation and thought of you. Broke a billion for the third time, but this was the first time I had gotten everything qualified...

Will be that much more satisfying when I get to finally try it!

#10497 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

ebay.com link: itm
More jets, if anyone's lookin

Thanks for the link!

OOF! $350 shipping for a $5 plane set! I hope that's a typo... Are the planes life-size?

planes (resized).jpgplanes (resized).jpg

AND there's no combined shipping... so if you want 6 planes as two sets, that's $710 + tax.

I'm gonna reach out to them for clarification...

#10498 1 year ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

Thanks for the link!
OOF! $350 shipping for a $5 plane set! I hope that's a typo... Are the planes life-size?
[quoted image]
AND there's no combined shipping... so if you want 6 planes as two sets, that's $710 + tax.
I'm gonna reach out to them for clarification...

definitely don't bid until they correct the listing

#10499 1 year ago

I’m seeing this:

F59BF578-22AC-4D88-A65C-5A1DDB8D002E (resized).jpegF59BF578-22AC-4D88-A65C-5A1DDB8D002E (resized).jpeg
#10500 1 year ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

I’m seeing this:
[quoted image]

Same. Hit but it now and its the same too.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Gov's Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 210.00
Wanted
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
BomberMods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

€ 178.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 27,316 posts in this topic. You are on page 210 of 547.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/210?hl=bundy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.