Screenshot_20240408_215256_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1439 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408-172718 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240408-172819 (resized).png
IMG_0307 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5052 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,320 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 547.
#951 2 years ago
Quoted from Hypercoaster:

So that suggests that the only Mechagodzilla footage comes from Terror of Mechagodzilla and not Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla. I'll have to watch those two very closely, but i thought "electromagnetic godzilla" clip was from G v MG not Terror of Mechagodzilla. However, it explains why poor King Caesar don't have his rightful place as a Godzilla ally option. He always gets the shaft, poor King Caesar.

Sterns email is incorrect. The magnet power Godzilla uses was from G vs MG and King Caesar has a lane switch on the playfield. I think they meant to say that Terror of MG was not included.

Edit: just popped on Terror and forgot that key moments from the ending of G vs MG were shown in the beginning of Terror of MG.
So yes, they could easily just be using footage from Terror. Plus I forgot that Titanosaurus is one of the battles so it has to be Terror.

#952 2 years ago
Quoted from Bam_Man:

Does Stern produce the premiums last? I'm seeing all these pros and LEs being posted, I just want my premium!

The first run of Prems is on the line as we speak! So hang in there as us Prem buyers will get ours either next week or the week after

#953 2 years ago
Quoted from Hoteldrummer:

The first run of Prems is on the line as we speak! So hang in there as us Prem buyers will get ours either next week or the week after

So is the LE run complete, or paused for Premiums? (Some were saying paused for operator Premiums? Or were those slated to be part of the first run?)

#954 2 years ago

Crazy you US guys are already getting your LE’s. Us Australians haven’t even received our Mando LE’s yet!!!!

#955 2 years ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

So is the LE run complete, or paused for Premiums? (Some were saying paused for operator Premiums? Or were those slated to be part of the first run?)

There are two lines.

#956 2 years ago
Quoted from MegaFeenix:

Is this really a no Kong zone? The 3 most important films in the Godzilla series are the original film, Godzilla vs Kong, and Godzilla vs Megalon.

Good one. The

So that suggests that the only Mechagodzilla footage comes from Terror of Mechagodzilla and not Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla. I'll have to watch those two very closely, but i thought "electromagnetic godzilla" clip was from G v MG not Terror of Mechagodzilla. However, it explains why poor King Caesar don't have his rightful place as a Godzilla ally option. He always gets the shaft, poor King Caesar.

Terror reuses a bunch of footage from Mechagodzilla

#957 2 years ago

I’ve not heard a word yet from my distributor about my LE.

#958 2 years ago

Hey guys come to expo and play some Godzilla. I think they have 22 here including a lot of premiums and airfare is still super cheap from most places.

#959 2 years ago

I am jealous, these LEs look really nice. I was on a list with my distributor a month before the announcement and still missed out on a LE. What does it take to get one nowadays?

#960 2 years ago
Quoted from tacreno:

I am jealous, these LEs look really nice. I was on a list with my distributor a month before the announcement and still missed out on a LE. What does it take to get one nowadays?

About 13-15k

#961 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I’ve not heard a word yet from my distributor about my LE.

I have not heard from my distributor, yet either. I am guessing they are starting on #800 some time today?

#962 2 years ago

<b

Quoted from highdef:

I believe they're up to 600-700 on the LEs. Premiums up next.

Does Stern build 250-300 per week?

#963 2 years ago

Thanks for closest thing we have for an update on the current number. Maybe 800 tomorrow-ish.

#964 2 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Hey guys come to expo and play some Godzilla. I think they have 22 here including a lot of premiums and airfare is still super cheap from most places.

Pinstadium will have an LE in their booth.

#965 2 years ago

Does the game always start you in Tokyo? Is there a way to change it?

#966 2 years ago

Looks like next week for my LE, whatever will be worth the wait

#967 2 years ago

Anyone interested in banging on an LE that lives in Colorado, there is one at the Greenwood Village 1up.

#968 2 years ago

LE just arrived. Wondering your thoughts on placing mylar on the section of PF where the balls drop for MB. Looks like Stern placed some mylar where the ball drops from the bridge but not in the area they drop for MB. Thoughts? TIA

gz2 (resized).jpggz2 (resized).jpg
#969 2 years ago
Quoted from Drain-O:

Anyone interested in banging on an LE that lives in Colorado, there is one at the Greenwood Village 1up.

Thanks! I'll see you there this afternoon!

#970 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamwin:

LE just arrived. Wondering your thoughts on placing mylar on the section of PF where the balls drop for MB. Looks like Stern placed some mylar where the ball drops from the bridge but not in the area they drop for MB. Thoughts? TIA
[quoted image]

you can never use too much mylar on ball drops.

#971 2 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

you can never use too much mylar on ball drops.

Thx! Admittedly, I misspoke, there is a small piece of mylar over the jackpot insert. Assuming this is the main landing area for the balls. I did put a piece of mylar around the magna grab area where the dotted line are located on PF. Thx again.

#972 2 years ago

Can somebody please help me here in getting a good picture of the LE backglass?
I'm planning on making a topper for location but a picture would come in handy before my game arrives so I can get it printed already

#973 2 years ago
Quoted from El_Patron:

Got a reply email from Stern. These are the movies incorporated in the pin:
Godzilla
Godzilla vs Mothra
Ghidorah, the three headed monster
Invasion of the Astro monster
Ebirah, horror of the deep
son of Godzilla
All monsters attack
Godzilla vs Gigan
Godzilla vs Megalon
Terror of Mechagodzilla

The above list is incorrect. Whoever gave this information at Stern was probably not given correct information.

There is definitely footage of 'Godzilla vs. MechaGodzilla', which is not on the list above, shown in the live streams. The footage of Godzilla using his body as a magnet, a main feature of this game (Magna-Grab), is from 'Godzilla vs. MechaGodzilla'. That is the only movie in which he used that ability. In the sequel, 'Terror of MechaGodzilla', Godzilla does not use this ability again.

I think the game that they previously did not list and don't have the rights to is 'All Monsters Attack'. Most of the Godzilla footage in that game is stock footage from other movies (Son of Godzilla, Ebirah, etc.). This use of stock footage from other Godzilla movies is probably where the confusion stems from. The only original scenes in which Godzilla, and his son, appear in this movie are the scenes which feature Gabara. Those scenes were made specifically for this movie. If anybody has seen Gabara in the game then I am wrong about which movie was left out. I don't see Gabara anywhere in the art nor I have I seen him appear in the streams I've watched to date. Of coure, he can appear in updates if Stern has the rights to the movie.

Gabara_5 (resized).jpgGabara_5 (resized).jpgGabara_Kaiju_Guide (1) (resized).jpgGabara_Kaiju_Guide (1) (resized).jpg
#974 2 years ago
Quoted from Bingovit:

Can somebody please help me here in getting a good picture of the LE backglass?
I'm planning on making a topper for location but a picture would come in handy before my game arrives so I can get it printed already
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"2566dfad5e4d066300382a881844066b0ee89cc9-1635446706-1800"};
//]]>

This is the best I could do. When I tried to take the picture directly overhead the glare was bad.

A7755680-354E-4CE9-BC82-1B40FDFBCF51 (resized).jpegA7755680-354E-4CE9-BC82-1B40FDFBCF51 (resized).jpeg
#975 2 years ago

Hello, does mylar ever pull up the ink of the PF or become discolored like I’ve seen with very old mylar?

#976 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Hello, does mylar ever pull up the ink of the PF or become discolored like I’ve seen with very old mylar?

Because there's clear over the art on modern playfields, unlikely. Although if you have a crappy Mirco playfield it *could* pull up the clear and maybe art with it. There's a number of videos out there where Mirco clear is just coming off in chunks, but that's more a Mirco problem than a mylar issue. Unlikely to happen on Sterns.

#977 2 years ago

Air dusting gas. Hold can upside down. Freeze spray it helps.

#978 2 years ago
Quoted from jcg9998:

I don't see Gabara anywhere in the art nor I have I seen him appear in the streams I've watched to date. [quoted image][quoted image]

...perhaps he was a figment of your imagination?

#979 2 years ago
Quoted from jcg9998:

The above list is incorrect. Whoever gave this information at Stern was probably not given correct information.
There is definitely footage of 'Godzilla vs. MechaGodzilla', which is not on the list above, shown in the live streams. The footage of Godzilla using his body as a magnet, a main feature of this game (Magna-Grab), is from 'Godzilla vs. MechaGodzilla'. That is the only movie in which he used that ability. In the sequel, 'Terror of MechaGodzilla', Godzilla does not use this ability again.
I think the game that they previously did not list and don't have the rights to is 'All Monsters Attack'. Most of the Godzilla footage in that game is stock footage from other movies (Son of Godzilla, Ebirah, etc.). This use of stock footage from other Godzilla movies is probably where the confusion stems from. The only original scenes in which Godzilla, and his son, appear in this movie are the scenes which feature Gabara. Those scenes were made specifically for this movie. If anybody has seen Gabara in the game then I am wrong about which movie was left out. I don't see Gabara anywhere in the art nor I have I seen him appear in the streams I've watched to date. Of coure, he can appear in updates if Stern has the rights to the movie.
[quoted image][quoted image]

See my previous post. The scenes Stern use do appear in Terror of MG, since they replay highlights from G vs MG in the beginning of the movie. Plus Titanosauras was in Terror and he is here as a mode.

#980 2 years ago

What’s your thoughts?
Monster arts

01888665-B089-43D8-AB16-16B1039AE0D9 (resized).jpeg01888665-B089-43D8-AB16-16B1039AE0D9 (resized).jpeg6AD50380-BEBB-494C-8FCA-C885904718D1 (resized).jpeg6AD50380-BEBB-494C-8FCA-C885904718D1 (resized).jpeg
#981 2 years ago

I think it looks good. More important, what do you think?

#982 2 years ago
Quoted from jcg9998:

I don't see Gabara anywhere in the art nor I have I seen him appear in the streams I've watched to date. Of coure, he can appear in updates if Stern has the rights to the movie.

I could not find art of Gabara when I was looking but he does appear in the footage. I believe it’s when your ball is saved.

#983 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-NJA:

What’s your thoughts?
Monster arts

Pretty sweet looking. And at about half an inch taller than the original one, the sizing seems to look better as well.

#984 2 years ago

My LE, #550, arrived safe and sound yesterday evening. My son and I put several games on it last night, and he has declared the machine to be the best ever made, apparently knocking MM off the pedestal it has enjoyed for the past couple of years in his book. I installed silicone rubber to everything on the lower playfield, and it is far more forgiving and easier to control. I have thus far defeated all kaiju so far included in early code, save for Megalon. The art package is fantastic, the LE cabinet art is tremendous, and the LE/Premium toys are just awesome. This is far and away the best overall package Stern has ever produced.

#985 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-NJA:

What’s your thoughts?
Monster arts

That looks really nice...but isn't that Space Godzilla?

#986 2 years ago

2001 heat ray ver.

Quoted from SuperPinball:

That looks really nice...but isn't that Space Godzilla?

#987 2 years ago

In the club! Just in time for our monthly league meet up. Any tournament strategies developed yet?

20211028_144437 (resized).jpg20211028_144437 (resized).jpg
#988 2 years ago
Quoted from jcg9998:

On the LoserKid podcast with guest Keith Elwin, Keith talks about what Godzilla movies were available for use and his process for gathering clips. It was mildly interesting.

#989 2 years ago

Put about a dozen plays on mine today, plays fantastic. Feels like an Elwin pin but is more forgiving in my opinion. I love that the slings don’t fire the balls into the outlanes like some other pins. I have no idea what I’m doing strategy wise but it lives up to the hype. I placed the machine in the middle of my game room so the kids can stand on the sides to see the PF better so I haven’t spent a lot of time leveling it because this isn’t the final resting spot but, has anyone noticed during MB the balls go SDTM without a strong nudge? That would be my only concern so far, can be nudged to save some balls but curious if anyone else experiencing this. Similar to GOTG GROOT MB but they still shot out without a straight line trajectory down the middle. TIA

#990 2 years ago

I’m worried about the plastic below the bridge. When it shakes and breaks it hits it hard!

#991 2 years ago

I was wondering how the LE/Prem Building mech is attached to the playfield? I hope it’s 4 stationary metal posts w/ 4 nuts. but my gut tells me Stern just used 4 screws into the wood.
Anybody have a picture of the underside of the playfield showing how the building mech is attached?

#992 2 years ago
Quoted from tonyf1965:

Thanks for closest thing we have for an update on the current number. Maybe 800 tomorrow-ish.

In the Stern virtual tour today, they showed #908 in final QA testing before boxing.

#993 2 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

My LE, #550, arrived safe and sound yesterday evening. My son and I put several games on it last night, and he has declared the machine to be the best ever made, apparently knocking MM off the pedestal it has enjoyed for the past couple of years in his book. I installed silicone rubber to everything on the lower playfield, and it is far more forgiving and easier to control. I have thus far defeated all kaiju so far included in early code, save for Megalon. The art package is fantastic, the LE cabinet art is tremendous, and the LE/Premium toys are just awesome. This is far and away the best overall package Stern has ever produced.

Did you play the Pro before receiving the LE? Are the mechs worth it?

#994 2 years ago
Quoted from jcg9998:

He is some of the ball saves

#995 2 years ago

That is like saying you can't believe Batman is not in the Avengers. Totally. Separate. License.

That would explain it. Always thought it was a spinoff from Godzilla but still part of the franchise.
Anyway I'll still take a Gamera LE please.

#996 2 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Did you play the Pro before receiving the LE? Are the mechs worth it?

i played the pro first and after playing LE today, IMO, the mechs make it better for sure.

#997 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Crazy you US guys are already getting your LE’s. Us Australians haven’t even received our Mando LE’s yet!!!!

Ironically another reason I'm happy to have skipped Mando personally. Meanwhile only another 2 or so months till Godzilla LE's land here

#998 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamwin:

Put about a dozen plays on mine today, plays fantastic. Feels like an Elwin pin but is more forgiving in my opinion. I love that the slings don’t fire the balls into the outlanes like some other pins. I have no idea what I’m doing strategy wise but it lives up to the hype. I placed the machine in the middle of my game room so the kids can stand on the sides to see the PF better so I haven’t spent a lot of time leveling it because this isn’t the final resting spot but, has anyone noticed during MB the balls go SDTM without a strong nudge? That would be my only concern so far, can be nudged to save some balls but curious if anyone else experiencing this. Similar to GOTG GROOT MB but they still shot out without a straight line trajectory down the middle. TIA

It’s a leveling issue. The balls should fall to the left flipper.

#999 2 years ago

Has any LE owner looked over the bridge, Mecha G turntable and building to determine how well they are engineered ? I owned a BM66 and was just waiting for that bat cave/ turntable to breakdown.

#1000 2 years ago

While we are waiting for Doug to release the flame speaker lights, you just can’t beat this combination in the interim:

27FA61A7-BE0E-451C-A82E-5C13ADFE8556 (resized).jpeg27FA61A7-BE0E-451C-A82E-5C13ADFE8556 (resized).jpegB3310C3A-0132-4C2C-ADE2-E8F6317FCE3D (resized).jpegB3310C3A-0132-4C2C-ADE2-E8F6317FCE3D (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Gov's Mods

10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Walton, KY
$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Tampa, FL
$ 210.00
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
O'fallon, IL
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
BomberMods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

€ 178.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 27,320 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 547.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/20?hl=estrader and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.