IMG_0814 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0815 (resized).jpeg
20240319_163550 (resized).jpg
20240319_163609 (resized).jpg
20240319_163600 (resized).jpg
20240318_181310 (resized).jpg
20240318_181348 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,167 posts in this topic. You are on page 209 of 544.
#10401 1 year ago
Quoted from MaxIsDead:

Make me wonder if blueberryjohnson doesnt have any problem at all with the flipper……..

Replace your coil stops from the Stern factory duds and up your side flipper power a bit, makes a big difference.

#10402 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

Replace your coil stops from the Stern factory duds and up your side flipper power a bit, makes a big difference.

They already did that.

#10403 1 year ago

Side armor installed today. This machine is really starting to pop! Still need to install one or two of the power lines and I think she’s about done….

35BC2283-F85A-4EDB-A38E-273355CF10F7 (resized).jpeg35BC2283-F85A-4EDB-A38E-273355CF10F7 (resized).jpegC639AEB6-2F8A-4F56-AE09-334DF41AE767 (resized).jpegC639AEB6-2F8A-4F56-AE09-334DF41AE767 (resized).jpeg
#10404 1 year ago

Having some serious problems after updating to 0.94.

The shaker motor will randomly start going nuts at full power as seen here:

Next issue I've had is the score running while I'm holding the ball:

And the last issue is that the bridge magnet does not catch the ball after shooting the "Destruction" shot under the building.

Game is unplayable because when the shaker goes offz it feels like it's going to break the machine and it seems to just keep rumbling until I turn the game off.

Any ideas???

#10405 1 year ago

Go into switch matrix and look for a Stuck switch

#10406 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Go into switch matrix and look for a Stuck switch

How do you get the full switch matrix to see if anything is active?

#10407 1 year ago

Searched the thread but I couldn’t find anything (it’s probably there and I just didn’t find the right keyword) - even after adjusting the stepper motor bias and playing around in the diagnostic, I still can’t get the building to sit flush with the playfield in my premium. Setting the bias to 0 is still just a tad below the playfield. It’s waaaay better than when I first got the game and balls were getting stuck all the time (thanks to whoever wrote the pinned post on using the bias to fix this) for sure, but I still will sometimes get a stuck ball in the entrance on a weak shot to the building. Anything physical I can adjust to get that last little bit of height in the mech?

#10408 1 year ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

How do you get the full switch matrix to see if anything is active?

By putting the game into switch test. All switches are dots. Active switches will have a box around them.

#10409 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

By putting the game into switch test. All switches are dots. Active switches will have a box around them.

Go into switch test and I get this.

I thought it shows the whole grid, and then you can see what is triggering.

How do I get that?

PXL_20220508_160736325 (resized).jpgPXL_20220508_160736325 (resized).jpg
#10410 1 year ago

Just tried playing again. At some point, it starts running the score, and then the ramps light purple for Train mode, and the shaker goes absolutely insane and you have to power down the game to stop it.

Any ideas???

#10411 1 year ago

Just tried playing again. At some point, it starts running the score, and then the ramps light purple for Train mode, and the shaker goes absolutely insane and you have to power down the game to stop it.
Any ideas???

I am by no means mechanical, but it seems your left ramp switch is stuck. Super trains starts after collecting 5 trains. You wouldn’t trigger it till hitting the scoop five times or the manila shot. In super trains, left ramp is the jackpot collect and the shaker goes off.

#10412 1 year ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Yeah. I've changed the stops, sleeves, and keep doing the EOS adjustments. Been posting to this thread off and on for months about this stuff and am in no better place then when I started.
I'm over trying to tinker my way out of this so I'm glad to just spend money to increase the chances of stuff working. So I just want to buy whatever I can to hopefully get stuff working better.
Ordered the pinmonk fans too. Parting out new center spinner assembly as well (unfortunately, the only place the spinner bracket mount part #535-2550-00 exists is in the manual - Marco is looking into it). I'm tired of needing 7 rips for that shot in ebirah, let alone all the other lost value throughout the game of that shot not working well.
I have no doubt some people here would have the right tools, knowledge, skills, and parts to get my machine in tip top shape for less money and time than me. But none of them are here and I clearly can't. It's my only game. I just want to get past the hardware problems so I can finally own all of my drains. So I'd rather just start fresh with these two problematic areas and hope that it fixes things up. Even if I never get to learn what the particular issue was and increase my pin knowledge.

I've had the exact same issues with weak flippers, mainly the left ones, since getting my LE last year. I've done everything suggested on here except the cooling fans....replaced stops and sleeves, power turned to max, EOS adjustments, etc. and my left flippers still become wet noodles after about 10 min. of playing and especially during multiballs. If I play my TSPP right after Godzilla, it feels like Homer is on steroids (while it's actually the norm and how a pin SHOULD feel)...the ball rocketing to the top of the playfield, up ramps, making all shots with ease as it should. So I guess I'll just have to get used to it.

I'm hoping the JP Premium I have coming in July (supposedly) isn't like this.

#10413 1 year ago

There's so much going on in GZ, when I watch streams I can't follow it all but almost everyone loves it. What makes the depth of code so much more friendly than AIQ?

#10414 1 year ago
Quoted from troon47:

I've had the exact same issues with weak flippers, mainly the left ones, since getting my LE last year. I've done everything suggested on here except the cooling fans....replaced stops and sleeves, power turned to max, EOS adjustments, etc. and my left flippers still become wet noodles after about 10 min. of playing and especially during multiballs. If I play my TSPP right after Godzilla, it feels like Homer is on steroids (while it's actually the norm and how a pin SHOULD feel)...the ball rocketing to the top of the playfield, up ramps, making all shots with ease as it should. So I guess I'll just have to get used to it.
I'm hoping the JP Premium I have coming in July (supposedly) isn't like this.

Sounds like you are experiencing fade while blueberry is having power issues. If he hits an upper flipper shot and it goes right outlane, that’s the flipper flipping with low power instead of high power. That’s what makes me think on some flips his EOS is not making contact when he flips.

#10415 1 year ago
Quoted from Beyndtstng:

I am by no means mechanical, but it seems your left ramp switch is stuck. Super trains starts after collecting 5 trains. You wouldn’t trigger it till hitting the scoop five times or the manila shot. In super trains, left ramp is the jackpot collect and the shaker goes off.

Is there a way to bring up a switch matrix to see what is active or not?

#10416 1 year ago

It’s fun and it makes sense.

Quoted from NoSkills:

There's so much going on in GZ, when I watch streams I can't follow it all but almost everyone loves it. What makes the depth of code so much more friendly than AIQ?

#10417 1 year ago

Just refashed the 0.94 image onto an SD to see if the software was bad, and still same issue.

It seems to have something to do with the Train mode.

As soon as it starts, the shaker goes bananas, and only draining or turning it off fixes it.

Here what was reflected in the score after about 5 seconds of the train mode running.

Any ideas???

PXL_20220508_215114744 (resized).jpgPXL_20220508_215114744 (resized).jpgPXL_20220508_215116811 (resized).jpgPXL_20220508_215116811 (resized).jpg
#10418 1 year ago

Just refashed the 0.94 image onto an SD to see if the software was bad, and still same issue.
As soon as it starts, the shaker goes bananas, and only draining or turning it off fixes it.
Here what was reflected in the score after about 5 seconds of the train mode running.
Any ideas???
[quoted image][quoted image]

You definitely have a switch bad. I’d start unplugging stuff on that side one at a time until you find the culprit

#10419 1 year ago

Any ideas???

Just go into the service menu and get into switch test as others have mentioned.

#10420 1 year ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Just go into the service menu and get into switch test as others have mentioned.

I have gone into test, but how do I find out what switches are not functioning properly?

From what I can tell, you have to push each switch, and then it displays on screen.

I recall Whitestar games having a grid, and any boxes that appeared indicated an active switch, making it easy to determine what I wrong.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

PXL_20220508_160736325 (resized).jpgPXL_20220508_160736325 (resized).jpg
#10421 1 year ago

I have gone into test, but how do I find out what switches are not functioning properly?
From what I can tell, you have to push each switch, and then it displays on screen.
I recall Whitestar games having a grid, and any boxes that appeared indicated an active switch, making it easy to determine what I wrong.
Thanks!
[quoted image]

So you got a pretty good idea of where the problem is already, which helps. And switch test modes. The optical switches should be closed and push button style switches should be open. If there is an optical switch that is not going from clothes to open when you break the beam with your finger or a ball, then that is a problem. For a push button style switch, it should go from open to closed when you actuate the switch itself. If you have any switches that aren't doing those things then you should have identified your problem.

#10422 1 year ago

Thanks!
[quoted image]

Check the post I made right after your original post. It’s either your left ramp or right ramp switch. I’m almost positive it’s your left because the shaker doesn’t go off in super trains from the right ramp. Another easy way… when you start a game, is the yellow light near the left ramp on or off? I’m guessing it is off because you are getting phantom registers.

#10423 1 year ago
Quoted from Beyndtstng:

Check the post I made right after your original post. It’s either your left ramp or right ramp switch. I’m almost positive it’s your left because the shaker doesn’t go off in super trains from the right ramp. Another easy way… when you start a game, is the yellow light near the left ramp on or off? I’m guessing it is off because you are getting phantom registers.

I'm actually wondering if it's the right ramp... When mine were screwy, that's how I ended up that 300 billion score thinking that it was from bridge attack multiball. But it could totally be the left.

WizardsCastle My guess is that the shaking of NORMAL play is triggering one of the ramp optos (as it did with mine), and once the shaker motor starts celebrating, the vibration trigger the optos even more, compounding the problem endlessly.

A few of us have had issues with the right ramp optos doing this... I think red_rabbit was the most recent...

btw, when you enter the switch matrix, rather than switch test, go to "active switches" and use the left & right coin door buttons to see the rest of the switch screens... It's not just the one screen that you have visible. You can scroll left and right to see the other screens full of more switches in the matrix, and that will also show you the status of the ramp optos.

#10424 1 year ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

I'm actually wondering if it's the right ramp... When mine were screwy, that's how I ended up that 300 billion score thinking that it was from bridge attack multiball. But it could totally be the left.
WizardsCastle My guess is that the shaking of NORMAL play is triggering one of the ramp optos (as it did with mine), and once the shaker motor starts celebrating, the vibration trigger the optos even more, compounding the problem endlessly.
A few of us have had issues with the right ramp optos doing this... I think red_rabbit was the most recent...
btw, when you enter the switch matrix, rather than switch test, go to "active switches" and use the left & right coin door buttons to see the rest of the switch screens... It's not just the one screen that you have visible. You can scroll left and right to see the other screens full of more switches in the matrix, and that will also show you the status of the ramp optos.

Yea, I remember a few people with the right ramp issues. That was before the train jackpot collect code update. The right ramp shouldn’t trigger the shaker though. That’s why I think it is the left ramp.

#10425 1 year ago

Yay finally had a good game and got terror of mechagodzilla! Got 850m in the mode

#10426 1 year ago

Every time I see these billion point scores it feels like when I go buy cucumbers

#10427 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Every time I see these billion point scores it feels like when I go buy cucumbers

I'm scared to ask but have to know, what the f*** does that mean?

#10428 1 year ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

exactly what you think it means

#10429 1 year ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

Oh I get it, LOL

#10430 1 year ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

If you don’t get the joke sorry. Hint Being humbled lol

#10431 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

If you don’t get the joke sorry. Hint Being humbled lol

sorry, little slow tonight.

#10432 1 year ago
Quoted from cldgin2:

Side armor installed today. This machine is really starting to pop! Still need to install one or two of the power lines and I think she’s about done….

Hey man…those other two saucers look great.
Sorry if been asked before.
Do those other ones illuminate also, how are they mounted?
Cheers

#10433 1 year ago

Thanks to all who pitched in ideas regarding my issue. Ended up being the left ramp optos, bit couldn't get them to work after taking everything apart.

Thanks to EaglePin for hanging out on Zoom and trying to help me fix it.

FYI, never take off that building in front of the left ramp unless you absolutely have to. Getting the optos back on with the building is one of the biggest PIA experiences I've had with a machine.

#10434 1 year ago

Thanks to all who pitched in ideas regarding my issue. Ended up being the left ramp optos, bit couldn't get them to work after taking everything apart.
Thanks to EaglePin for hanging out on Zoom and trying to help me fix it.
FYI, never take off that building in front of the left ramp unless you absolutely have to. Getting the optos back on with the building is one of the biggest PIA experiences I've had with a machine.

Sorry to hear the PIA experience. But big shoutout to EaglePin.

#10435 1 year ago
Quoted from mrboboto:

Searched the thread but I couldn’t find anything (it’s probably there and I just didn’t find the right keyword) - even after adjusting the stepper motor bias and playing around in the diagnostic, I still can’t get the building to sit flush with the playfield in my premium. Setting the bias to 0 is still just a tad below the playfield. It’s waaaay better than when I first got the game and balls were getting stuck all the time (thanks to whoever wrote the pinned post on using the bias to fix this) for sure, but I still will sometimes get a stuck ball in the entrance on a weak shot to the building. Anything physical I can adjust to get that last little bit of height in the mech?

Follow these directions

#10436 1 year ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Follow these directions

Is this like a zen koan

#10437 1 year ago
Quoted from Beyndtstng:

Yea, I remember a few people with the right ramp issues. That was before the train jackpot collect code update. The right ramp shouldn’t trigger the shaker though. That’s why I think it is the left ramp.

I stand well corrected, thank you! *Tips hat*

WizardsCastle glad you were able to confirm the issue, cheers!

#10438 1 year ago
Quoted from mrboboto:

Is this like a zen koan

Haha...I guess it would have helped if I pasted the link https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/90#post-6650356

#10439 1 year ago

So I ordered one of these speaker light kits back in mid January and still haven’t received any word. Anyone in a similar boat? I heard these take a while, but…

9BC308B6-CF70-413E-A640-EE2E6172BA96 (resized).jpeg9BC308B6-CF70-413E-A640-EE2E6172BA96 (resized).jpeg
#10440 1 year ago
Quoted from KingVidiot:

So I ordered one of these speaker light kits back in mid January and still haven’t received any word. Anyone in a similar boat? I heard these take a while, but…
[quoted image]

11 Mar 2022. Waiting.

#10441 1 year ago
Quoted from KingVidiot:

[quoted image]

You're not alone. +1

#10442 1 year ago
Quoted from KingVidiot:

[quoted image]

he's been flooded with orders, not just from GZ owners. he's responded a couple of times in the modders thread, too.

#10443 1 year ago
Quoted from KingVidiot:

[quoted image]

Try not to sweat it. It would be nice to get updates as to where you sit in the quay but remember it's not Amazon. I ordered mine in mid January also and received them a couple weeks ago. Doug is a straight shooter and has been in this game a long time. He simply has an overwhelming demand for a product he can't make fast enough. Your day will come, and will definitely be worth the wait.

#10444 1 year ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

Try not to sweat it. It would be nice to get updates as to where you sit in the quay but remember it's not Amazon. I ordered mine in mid January also and received them a couple weeks ago. Doug is a straight shooter and has been in this game a long time. He simply has an overwhelming demand for a product he can't make fast enough. Your day will come, and will definitely be worth the wait.

Updates would definitely be nice, like an email to existing orders, I dunno, once every few months to say “hey, I haven’t forgotten about your order”.

If the 6 month window of PayPal’s chargeback/refund window comes up with still no word, I’m just going to get my money back. The light kit is cool and all, but when there’s a longer wait time for an led speaker light than an actual pinball machine, I do begin to question things.

#10445 1 year ago
Quoted from KingVidiot:

Updates would definitely be nice, like an email to existing orders, I dunno, once every few months to say “hey, I haven’t forgotten about your order”.
If the 6 month window of PayPal’s chargeback/refund window comes up with still no word, I’m just going to get my money back. The light kit is cool and all, but when there’s a longer wait time for an led speaker light than an actual pinball machine, I do begin to question things.

You got to do you of course. But the lines aren't as bad as you think, as I am still waiting on my Godzilla premium ordered in mid December. Honestly I'd rather be in your shoes and have the machine and not the part,versus the part and no machine to put it in. Keep flippin!

#10446 1 year ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

You got to do you of course. But the lines aren't as bad as you think, as I am still waiting on my Godzilla premium ordered in mid December. Honestly I'd rather be in your shoes and have the machine and not the part,versus the part and no machine to put it in. Keep flippin!

Ditto to this!

#10447 1 year ago
Quoted from Beyndtstng:

I was thinking about doing this. Color match looks great. How much were you in for with shipping?

95 for the paint job. I think 20 bucks shipping.

#10448 1 year ago

Mezel Mods hit it out of the park again. Love it! Last mod I was waiting for. Looks awesome and thanks Jim for outstanding work. The alien console just ties it all in perfectly!!

BD494191-DEE7-494B-BFCA-4D8BE14CC18E (resized).jpegBD494191-DEE7-494B-BFCA-4D8BE14CC18E (resized).jpeg3EDFBD12-72FF-472D-87BD-24AA86649682 (resized).jpeg3EDFBD12-72FF-472D-87BD-24AA86649682 (resized).jpeg87F9C275-FE16-4D58-9089-CCBD7E7EC0CE (resized).jpeg87F9C275-FE16-4D58-9089-CCBD7E7EC0CE (resized).jpeg74C6CE22-ECE8-44AE-8BCC-E16C1DD486D8 (resized).jpeg74C6CE22-ECE8-44AE-8BCC-E16C1DD486D8 (resized).jpeg8CAB4C3D-1807-460F-B0F4-A77B4637F79E (resized).jpeg8CAB4C3D-1807-460F-B0F4-A77B4637F79E (resized).jpegDE8BBD5C-3354-4BF2-9B4A-2D5C37FC4A18 (resized).jpegDE8BBD5C-3354-4BF2-9B4A-2D5C37FC4A18 (resized).jpeg
#10449 1 year ago

Thanks!
[quoted image]

power off:
then go into the machine and unplug the shaker from the coin door node board.
power on
Then if you go into that mode you had it cycles between three views of all the switches it should be obvious which one it is.
close coin door or pull out the interlock switch so the node boards are powered up.

Cheers,
Neil.

#10450 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

power off:
then go into the machine and unplug the shaker from the coin door node board.
power on
Then if you go into that mode you had it cycles between three views of all the switches it should be obvious which one it is.
close coin door or pull out the interlock switch so the node boards are powered up.
Cheers,
Neil.

Determined that problem is the left ramp optos.

Now waiting to hear from Stern about replacement.

Who do you guys normally email at Stern to get a quick response?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball
Decals
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Linn Creek, MO
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
Playfield - Protection
Gameroom Mods
Protection
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling
Decorations
$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball
Other
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 35.00
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop
Under cabinet
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
BomberMods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com
Decals
$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop
Backbox
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 125.88
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ChainsawMods
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 27,167 posts in this topic. You are on page 209 of 544.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/209?hl=sako-trg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.