Screenshot_20240408_215256_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1439 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408-172718 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240408-172819 (resized).png
IMG_0307 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5052 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,328 posts in this topic. You are on page 204 of 547.
#10151 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Fan boy post of the month. Stern damn well did not check it out before boxing up. No way the machine was dropped to cause the flipper switch issue.

Fanboy?! In my post I said congrats as I'm happy for someone getting their game (F me right?!)
Then I simply said what I think happened to the game. You guys really seem to act like you know Stern messed it up; grow up.

In the meantime here is a clip of a factory tour that shows the machines being tested before they ship. Sounds like you're Gary Stern known it all though but for those who don't, here ya go.
https://youtube.com/clip/UgkxKOqq7nAhE7FWxhqmGyeafN-sJeFTy0rS

#10152 1 year ago

So I defeated Planet X but gigan controls New York and there are other things I could do in other cities. That said, I cannot for the life of me get the select city to relight. I have my flipper taped down until I can figure this out. Someone! Fast!

#10153 1 year ago
Quoted from TheSoftBoiledEgg:

I have my flipper taped down until I can figure this out. Someone! Fast!

While I can’t help you, I’m just glad you had the tape within arms reach of the game! Good luck!

#10154 1 year ago
Quoted from Riefepeters:

While I can’t help you, I’m just glad you had the tape within arms reach of the game! Good luck!

Well unfortunately there was no solution I could find. I think I was effectively soft locked out of going back to any city after i completed planet X multiball? I had visited all cities, but failed to defeat Gigan in New York. When the victory mode after planet X multiball ended (I think i drained out and started another ball?) I was in Paris, had knocked out all of Paris' tanks, power lines, building, etc. The only "things" I could do at this point, to my knowledge, was light building and mechagodzilla multiballs over and over until the final drain.

I wanted desperately to relight the Select City so I could fully complete them and hopefully achieve some final wizard mode for doing everything. Not to be. I guess I will reread the rules but I don't feel like any game should soft-lock you out when you get to a wizard mode. For example, Star Wars just lets you select a new character and start all the modes right over again....

**Sitting on 3,500,000,000 (triple prior GC) with nothing to do feels really sad.

Edit 2: After watching Karl finish Planet X, it seems like the code for the king of the monsters and other wizard modes isn't in the game yet (we are at .9something I recognize). I will withdraw my complaint, but I really hope that when they do include King of the Monsters you cannot get soft locked out of going back to cities controlled buy one stray monster holding you back. I love you, Stern. Thank you, Master Elwin.

#10155 1 year ago

I had a killer game last night. Played for over an hour, and Godzilla controlled all cities. First time at Planet X. Loved the animations! Only got past the Tank battles before losing Planet X. Then as mentioned above, there was really nothing to do in the cities.

A734A7FB-9DAE-483C-879E-2B25BF3E1FBF (resized).jpegA734A7FB-9DAE-483C-879E-2B25BF3E1FBF (resized).jpegD767090F-77BC-4A69-BBBB-785560F934CA (resized).jpegD767090F-77BC-4A69-BBBB-785560F934CA (resized).jpeg
#10156 1 year ago

So I have watched Karl's streams of Godzilla. At some points in his streams, I see the upper flipper flip independent of the lower flipper. I have also seen this on other streams of Deadflip's on other titles. Does anyone know how to do this? Make the upper flipper flip without the lower flipper flipping. Try saying that 5 times fast in a row fast.

#10157 1 year ago
Quoted from Micahdell:

So I have watched Karl's streams of Godzilla. At some points in his streams, I see the upper flipper flip independent of the lower flipper. I have also seen this on other streams of Deadflip's on other titles. Does anyone know how to do this? Make the upper flipper flip without the lower flipper flipping. Try saying that 5 times fast in a row fast.

if you look at the flipper button mechanism inside your machine, you'll notice on the left button there's stacking leaf switches. it's possible to trigger just 1 of the flipper with a very light touch (or one sticking a bit more), causing just 1 flipper to flip

#10158 1 year ago
Quoted from Micahdell:

Yeah this is called flipper staging, you can press the left flipper button in a little bit and that will make the bottom one flip without the top one firing. So what skilled player can do is hold the button at that position and cradle a ball on the bottom flipper then do a full press when they need to the top one to fire.

#10159 1 year ago
Quoted from KneeKickLou:

Yeah this is called flipper staging, you can press the left flipper button in a little bit and that will make the bottom one flip without the top one firing. So what skilled player can do is hold the button at that position and cradle a ball on the bottom flipper then do a full press when they need to the top one to fire.

Awesome I never knew that. I will give it a shot, I'm sure it will take some practice. I appreciate the explanation, thanks!

#10160 1 year ago

Dumb question - I wanted to check the incline of my machine, but realized I need to do it without the glass on correct? Is there any simple math to get the incline with the glass on to get the incline on the playfield?

#10161 1 year ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

I had a killer game last night. Played for over an hour, and Godzilla controlled all cities. First time at Planet X. Loved the animations! Only got past the Tank battles before losing Planet X. Then as mentioned above, there was really nothing to do in the cities.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Incredible game! Can't imagine playing a single game for almost an hour.

What was your GC prior to that score?

#10162 1 year ago
Quoted from tbaum:

Dumb question - I wanted to check the incline of my machine, but realized I need to do it without the glass on correct? Is there any simple math to get the incline with the glass on to get the incline on the playfield?

not really; you really should get comfortable with taking your glass on and off...you'll be doing it quite a bit

#10163 1 year ago

Yay, so my Godzilla arrived today... Sort of. Sure this is kind of a pathetic post, but I'll take what they give me. The real thing's been on order since mid-December. For now this will have to do, as I am done ordering mods until the machine arrives. Fingers crossed for the next run.

IMG_20220429_125607985 (resized).jpgIMG_20220429_125607985 (resized).jpg

IMG_20220429_130247662 (resized).jpgIMG_20220429_130247662 (resized).jpg
#10164 1 year ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

Yay, so my Godzilla arrived today... Sort of. Sure this is kind of a pathetic post, but I'll take what they give me. The real thing's been on order since mid-December. For now this will have to do, as I am done ordering mods until the machine arrives. Fingers crossed for the next run.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

where'd you get this from?

#10165 1 year ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

Seen them on Ebay

#10166 1 year ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

PinballGurus.com
It's nicer than some of the other 3D printed pins I've seen, in that it has a playfield glass and the detailed sticker on the rear as well as a tiny ball rolling around inside of it. As much as I hate to say it, I will be adding a plunger, flipper buttons and a power cord before I put it on a shelf at home.

#10167 1 year ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

PinballGurus.com
It's nicer than some of the other 3D printed pins I've seen, in that it has a playfield glass and the detailed sticker on the rear as well as a tiny ball rolling around inside of it. As much as I hate to say it, I will be adding a plunger, flipper buttons and a power cord before I put it on a shelf at home.

I'd add the Flaming Speaker light kit too. But you MIGHT have to wait awhile for the kit

#10168 1 year ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

not really; you really should get comfortable with taking your glass on and off...you'll be doing it quite a bit

Yeah I'm pretty comfortable taking it off and mucking around. I was hoping to do it in a way that didn't expose the playfield to my cats

#10169 1 year ago
Quoted from tbaum:

I like to take off the glass and get everything level just how I like it with a digital level, then put the glass back on measure it again to get the exact angle of how it should be with the glass. I write that on a little card or sticky note and put it inside the cabinet or on the coin box so I don't have to slide it off every time I wanna recheck if it's level

#10170 1 year ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Got to go bigger on the carnage bonus . Late game annihilation bonuses can be huge. I had bridge at a 12% per collect which was really 36% with the other two running. 85 million per collect which is easy to light in mb.

#10171 1 year ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Wait... u paid $50 plus shipping for that..?

#10172 1 year ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

Wait... u paid $50 plus shipping for that..?

What's a guy without a 3D printer to do,besides if I don't spend it my kids will get all my money when I die.

#10173 1 year ago

Lol.. awesome. I honestly can't argue with that!

#10174 1 year ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

What's a guy without a 3D printer to do,besides if I don't spend it my kids will get all my money when I die.

Didn’t you watch Brewsters Millions?

#10175 1 year ago

Two quick questions for the group on my new Godzilla premium. First, the game is constantly pushing out two pinballs at a time, not sure why? Second, I don't know if the leveling bubble is off, but it's at the top end. The only way to get it within the black lines would to be to lift my front legs 6 inches off the ground after they've been extended all the way out! Any help would be appreciated. Joe

#10176 1 year ago
Quoted from radium:

Didn’t you watch Brewsters Millions?

I miss Richard Pryor's comedy. And honestly with what I've dropped on mods for this game that I've yet to receive,I feel like I'm working right off that script.

IMG_20220424_002329920 (resized).jpgIMG_20220424_002329920 (resized).jpg
#10177 1 year ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

I miss Richard Pryor's comedy. And honestly with what I've dropped on mods for this game that I've yet to receive,I feel like I'm working right off that script.
[quoted image]

Looks like my place while I wait for a machine too!

Watch the silverjets though - I was always under the impression they magnetize easier than others…

#10178 1 year ago
Quoted from ZAuxier:

Incredible game! Can't imagine playing a single game for almost an hour.
What was your GC prior to that score?

It was 2.86 billion.

#10179 1 year ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

[quoted image]

No pinwoofer? What are you thinkin?

#10180 1 year ago
Quoted from Joeynelyse:

Two quick questions for the group on my new Godzilla premium. First, the game is constantly pushing out two pinballs at a time, not sure why? Second, I don't know if the leveling bubble is off, but it's at the top end. The only way to get it within the black lines would to be to lift my front legs 6 inches off the ground after they've been extended all the way out! Any help would be appreciated. Joe

This is my first NIB and i had exactly the same experience. Ignore the bubble because it is wrong. Someone suggested the level was reversed but trying that didn't help either. Use a digital level or cellphone app although some say the apps aren't as accurate if you are fussy. Front legs should not be raised at all and back legs not all that much.
2 balls being ejected is a no no. I don't have the knowledge to help you if this is happening with the legs set up like i described.

#10181 1 year ago
Quoted from Joeynelyse:

Got my game the other day and I was also having bubble trouble. I knew the feet should be all the way screwed in as a starting point and that the bubble should be in about the middle. Mine was way off as you describe. When I inspected the bubble the tube with the liquid and the bubble wasn't fully seated in the black plastic carrier that is screwed to the right rail. I popped it back in place and voila. Then I started backing out the back feet until I got it where I wanted it.

Good luck.

#10182 1 year ago
Quoted from Joeynelyse:

I’ve had this on my other game. Probably the connectors for the ball trough - I believe there are 2 of them. I would disconnect them and reconnect. If they look like they are plugged in all the way when connected, you may have to bend the wires slightly to make sure they make a good connection before you reconnect. If that doesn’t fix it, the ball trough power may need to be increased in the settings.

#10183 1 year ago

Hey all, this will be our first NIB Stern (2023 delivery ugh!) and I'm just curious if the apron on Godzilla Premium is metal or plastic?

#10184 1 year ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Hey all, this will be our first NIB Stern (2023 delivery ugh!) and I'm just curious if the apron on Godzilla Premium is metal or plastic?

Metal

#10185 1 year ago
Quoted from Joeynelyse:

The two-ball issue happened to me. I lowered the eject value to 160 and it hasn't happened since.

#10186 1 year ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Metal.

#10187 1 year ago

That was absolutely the issue. Reseated the tube and raised the front feet all the way up...perfect! Thanks again!!

#10188 1 year ago

I've decided to stop futzing with my center spinner and upper flipper and just replace them to see if that takes care of the issue. Trying to determine which parts to order. Starting with the spinner.

Question: The manual has a page of different spinner assemblies, but none of them are for the top spinner (the name used for it elsewhere in the manual). Would the correct parts for the top spinner be the same as any of these?

Screen Shot 2022-04-30 at 2.33.47 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-04-30 at 2.33.47 PM (resized).png

#10189 1 year ago
Quoted from Av8:

I love this Rage Combo
Rage combo is available on the left inlane and is lit primarily from every 3 levels of Heat Ray that you level up.
Rolling over the lit left inlane will light the right ramp to start the
5-way Rage Combo sequence.
The following shots must be made in succession:
1. Right Ramp
2. Left Ramp
3. Center Spinner
4. Big Loop
5. Tail Whip
Has anyone recorded this combo on video? IE probably.

I was able to complete the 5 Way Rage Combo tonight! Fun Stuff!

#10190 1 year ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

I've decided to stop futzing with my center spinner and upper flipper and just replace them to see if that takes care of the issue. Trying to determine which parts to order. Starting with the spinner.
Question: The manual has a page of different spinner assemblies, but none of them are for the top spinner (the name used for it elsewhere in the manual). Would the correct parts for the top spinner be the same as any of these?
[quoted image]

511-5786-00 is the center spinner.

#10191 1 year ago
Quoted from Returner:

511-5786-00 is the center spinner.

That's what I was thinking. Thanks.

#10192 1 year ago
Quoted from tedwasright:

The two-ball issue happened to me. I lowered the eject value to 160 and it hasn't happened since.

Thanks! I am having the same issue occasionally, hopefully this helps.

#10193 1 year ago

Prem/LE owners: has anyone had to use their magnalube on the building yet? I'm guessing there would be squeaking or the like to indicate its need? (Just curious)

#10194 1 year ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

Prem/LE owners: has anyone had to use their magnalube on the building yet? I'm guessing there would be squeaking or the like to indicate its need? (Just curious)

800+ plays, haven't used yet. Good question tho,,,,

#10195 1 year ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

Oooooh that's what that lube was for?! Oops.

#10196 1 year ago

Hi! Just wanted to join the convo. I got my Godzilla Pro at the beginning of this year and finally cracked a billion points today! This is my first pin, and it has been great to be able to spend so much time on it to improve my skills overall. I play much better on other machines now. Haven't really had any major issues with the machine, just a few minor tweaks to reduce airballs. I got mine from Cointaker, and had a good experience with them as well. Glad to be here.

#10197 1 year ago

Can anyone confirm whether or not there’s supposed to be a post sleeve or rubber on this post? Just double checking before I email stern. Thanks!

B8C0118E-3B60-4C4B-AAEF-5E218FC75F91 (resized).jpegB8C0118E-3B60-4C4B-AAEF-5E218FC75F91 (resized).jpeg

#10198 1 year ago

Most definitely

Quoted from PoopsMagee:

Can anyone confirm whether or not there’s supposed to be a post sleeve or rubber on this post? Just double checking before I email stern. Thanks!
[quoted image]

#10199 1 year ago
Quoted from PoopsMagee:

[quoted image]

Mine has a small rubber ring right in the middle of it.

#10200 1 year ago
Quoted from PoopsMagee:

You’re going to email Stern for one rubber ring - best of luck.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Gov's Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
O'fallon, IL
$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Myers, FL
$ 210.00
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
BomberMods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

€ 178.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

There are 27,328 posts in this topic. You are on page 204 of 547.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/204 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.