PXL_20240415_201849415 (resized).jpg
IMG_2601 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2538 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1444 (resized).jpg
IMG_7006.jpg
gdz opto receiver (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,390 posts in this topic. You are on page 203 of 548.
#10101 2 years ago
Quoted from mostater:

I wonder if a plastic shooter lane protector might raise the entire lane up enough so that the bump is not so pronounced.

That would probably work too. Anything that eliminates that bump, and doesn't introduce other weird bounces, should work.

#10102 2 years ago
Quoted from splickety_lit:

My plunge has been clunky on a soft plunge ever since I got it. However the auto-plunge and a full plunge works fine. I made sure the plunger tip was hitting the center of the ball when resting in the lane, but the problem was still happening. Finally took some slow motion video and think I found the cause:
https://imgur.com/a/cVGsENs
The ball starts to go off course at the end of the switch slot in the shooter lane. I ran a ball across there and felt a bump. It might be hard to see from the picture, but there is definitely a hump there. And the clear is cracked in that spot, probably because the ball has been hitting it:
[quoted image]
I'm assuming when an auto-plunge or full plunge happens, the ball is either launched over the hump or has enough velocity/momentum to keep it going straight when it hits it.
I think getting a Cliffy protector will fix this if the hump is low enough. If not, I'll try sanding down the hump.

If you have not already you may want to turn down the “trough eject power” in the settings. I have mine set at 165. You should try and contact Stern and see if they can at least send you a clear coat touch up kit.

#10103 2 years ago

I used Titan rubbers this time because I wanted to try the glow but I use Perfect Play on my other games and prefer them over Titans.

#10104 2 years ago
Quoted from splickety_lit:

That would probably work too. Anything that eliminates that bump, and doesn't introduce other weird bounces, should work.

I put one in day 1, it's still clunky at times, I cannot dial it in. Auto is smooth. Takes a dead on perfect manual plunge to be smooth

#10105 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I put one in day 1, it's still clunky at times, I cannot dial it in. Auto is smooth. Takes a dead on perfect manual plunge to be smooth

with mine, the issue of ratteling was catching the edge of the metal protector that protect the rail on the right side when the ball kicked out. i experimented with it off after dropping coil power on kickout and the plunge is much better now without it.

#10106 2 years ago
Quoted from hisokajp:

with mine, the issue of ratteling was catching the edge of the metal protector that protect the rail on the right side when the ball kicked out. i experimented with it off after dropping coil power on kickout and the plunge is much better now without it.

I've tried,

#10107 2 years ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

zero improvement from standard Titans

I took the upper flipper titan rubber off and put the stock one back on and got the same problem. I ended up lifting the playfield and adjusting the flipper to sit back just slightly more than it was. Game is perfect now! Put the tian rubber back on and zero problems. I do feel like they are MUCH more bouncy so I will try PerfectPlay too

#10108 2 years ago
Quoted from TheOriginalWiz:

This is awesome and really fun to watch and pick up tips on how to play better.
I noticed during watching that Karls scoop seems to eject with a lot less power than mine and the ball stays under control. You can see an eject from the scoop at 10min 45 seconds in the video and it just hits the left flipper and gently rolls up the right inline. It doesn't look like he is live catching it. When my scoop ejects, it whacks the left flipper and jumps back up to the right kicker and then flies all around the table out of control.
Does anyone know if Karl has is scoop power turned down or is it a matter of how the table leveled? If the scoop is turned down, what are everyone's thoughts on that? Still fair play? What should it be set at as its set at 255 from the factory?
Thanks!

I had the same issue, and turned mine down from the Factory 255 to 200 and now it's perfect. It doesn't blast out of the Scoop and bounces off the left flipper on a deadflip to the right for an quick follow up shot.

#10109 2 years ago

For me the plastic shooter lane protector elevated the lane to the point where the plunger is no longer aligned with the ball. Ended up going mylar instead. (Well, mylar with Cliffy's).

#10110 2 years ago

If anyone is interested in a Jet Jaguar figure I have one for sale. It’s the same one that most people are using to mount over the loop shot. It fits the area well but just a bit too busy for my tastes with the Tesla Towers mounted there as well. Can send pics if needed. If interested shoot me a note!

#10111 2 years ago

Is the the little black cable holder behind Mechagodzilla suppose to prevent him from bashing into the plastic behind him? Or does anyone know why it's there otherwise?

#10112 2 years ago
Quoted from Micahdell:

Is the the little black cable holder behind Mechagodzilla suppose to prevent him from bashing into the plastic behind him? Or does anyone know why it's there otherwise?

there to prevent balls from getting stuck up there

#10113 2 years ago
Quoted from Micahdell:

This is there to prevent ball traps, I believe it was an afterthought.

#10114 2 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

I like the feel of the Pinball Life Perfect Play flipper rubber the best. I usually use the stock rubber for a week or two and then change over. Feel is very similar to me.
Superbands will last much longer for ring locations and I use them on all posts sleeves and small post rubber locations. They also stay cleaner. I do use a Superband flipper rubber on the upper left flipper on AIQ because it takes a beating and Superbands are the only style that will last.

Novus 1 on a microfiber towel will easily wipe off any black dust build up on the rubbers.

Not a problem cleaning them, just curious as to why they get dirty so quickly.

#10115 2 years ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

This is there to prevent ball traps, I believe it was an afterthought.

If in home environment, remove it. I've never had a ball stuck there.

#10116 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

If in home environment, remove it. I've never had a ball stuck there.

i've managed to land a ball up there twice, but it's never stuck. is that because of the cable loop? no idea. but i may use that screw to use some piano wire to block off the most common place i stick: the area between the wireform and MGZ's arm.

#10117 2 years ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

i've managed to land a ball up there twice, but it's never stuck. is that because of the cable loop? no idea. but i may use that screw to use some piano wire to block off the most common place i stick: the area between the wireform and MGZ's arm.

All I can say is ,800 plays. I took loop off day one cuz it looks goofy, no issues. I've had ball get stuck behind mecha arm 1 time is all, 99% of airballs land on ramp for me. It was pointed out to me that if on location, to leave it in

#10118 1 year ago
Quoted from atg1469:

If anyone is interested in a Jet Jaguar figure I have one for sale. It’s the same one that most people are using to mount over the loop shot. It fits the area well but just a bit too busy for my tastes with the Tesla Towers mounted there as well. Can send pics if needed. If interested shoot me a note!

I just installed the Tesla Towers over the weekend and I was still able to squeeze him in there nicely.

Still have some other things to do before I reinstall my play field but here’s some pics of my setup. I think he’ll be ok there.
EC1EE2CD-0B2D-4F50-9F1E-DF25F3A10076 (resized).jpegEC1EE2CD-0B2D-4F50-9F1E-DF25F3A10076 (resized).jpeg3881453E-A332-4A1E-A122-0A5A863295C5 (resized).jpeg3881453E-A332-4A1E-A122-0A5A863295C5 (resized).jpeg2FD48481-BF13-48A2-BCC1-34A97972A576 (resized).jpeg2FD48481-BF13-48A2-BCC1-34A97972A576 (resized).jpeg41FD1CF2-5759-4935-809C-6AC862878FED (resized).jpeg41FD1CF2-5759-4935-809C-6AC862878FED (resized).jpeg912C532E-8348-4A8E-BD3D-E5490941C606 (resized).jpeg912C532E-8348-4A8E-BD3D-E5490941C606 (resized).jpegE19A7EDB-72ED-4079-9B93-81E5B4EA9759 (resized).jpegE19A7EDB-72ED-4079-9B93-81E5B4EA9759 (resized).jpeg

#10119 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

I just installed the Tesla Towers over the weekend and I was still able to squeeze him in there nicely.
Still have some other things to do before I reinstall my play field but here’s some pics of my setup. I think he’ll be ok there.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

that's exactly where mine is, but i used mounting tape..he's been there for over 600 of my >900 plays, zero issue:

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#10120 1 year ago
Quoted from PapaBless:

I took the upper flipper titan rubber off and put the stock one back on and got the same problem. I ended up lifting the playfield and adjusting the flipper to sit back just slightly more than it was. Game is perfect now! Put the tian rubber back on and zero problems. I do feel like they are MUCH more bouncy so I will try PerfectPlay too

Good feedback, thank you.

#10121 1 year ago

Once I registered my machine the insider connected worked fine. Last night I shut the machine off. Now it can't find any wifi signals.

Any suggestions? I'm not great at computers and wifi stuff. I know the wifi IS working, however.

TIA

#10122 1 year ago
Quoted from tedwasright:

Once I registered my machine the insider connected worked fine. Last night I shut the machine off. Now it can't find any wifi signals.
Any suggestions? I'm not great at computers and wifi stuff. I know the wifi IS working, however.
TIA

They tend to be finicky. If rebooting didn't fix it, I'd try moving the adapter to a different USB port in the backbox as a quick troubleshoot. Not exact issue, but when I got my IMDN wouldn't take my password no matter how many times I tried. Moved it to the adjacent port and has worked flawlessly since

#10123 1 year ago

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

You need to buy some $6 flush cuts. I can feel my sliced wrists on your cable ties ends...... I work in IT Installation.

#10124 1 year ago
Quoted from northerndude:

You need to buy some $6 flush cuts. I can feel my sliced wrists on your cable ties ends...... I work in IT Installation.

Haha - I was going to say the same thing!

#10125 1 year ago

You might want to consider this location instead. I put him here & he fits perfectly. You can twist his body, head & move his arm so it’s not in the way of the ball lock. I like the way he peaks out from behind the building.

AE543F7C-C48A-4912-9CE3-4EE980F950E6 (resized).jpegAE543F7C-C48A-4912-9CE3-4EE980F950E6 (resized).jpegCE3FF841-E393-4FA2-BC2E-05DB7D2BA22C (resized).jpegCE3FF841-E393-4FA2-BC2E-05DB7D2BA22C (resized).jpeg0FE1C3BE-9A14-4C37-B61D-415A1803B55F (resized).jpeg0FE1C3BE-9A14-4C37-B61D-415A1803B55F (resized).jpeg
#10126 1 year ago

Happy to finally be an official member of the club. My premium arrived yesterday. Flawless, no damage and is playing great. March 30th build date. Day 1 order.

#10127 1 year ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

Happy to finally be an official member of the club. My premium arrived yesterday. Flawless, no damage and is playing great. March 30th build date. Day 1 order.

Lets go!!!!!! Check that playfield to make sure it's not warped. Should have been fixed by your build time but just make sure
Have fun!!

#10128 1 year ago

Quoted from HoakyPoaky:You might want to consider this location instead. I put him here & he fits perfectly. You can twist his body, head & move his arm so it’s not in the way of the ball lock. I like the way he peaks out from behind the building. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Once again, i'm getting pstd from the cable tie cutting

Here - you're welcome. https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B08DF99Q1H/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00

#10129 1 year ago
Quoted from izzy:

Not a problem cleaning them, just curious as to why they get dirty so quickly.

I think it’s mostly metal dust and electrical arcing dust. They stick to the silicone surface easily and quickly.

#10130 1 year ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

that's exactly where mine is, but i used mounting tape..he's been there for over 600 of my >900 plays, zero issue:
[quoted image]

I used my wife’s double sided tape and it works for my JG figure. Only thing I hate is the plastic piece I have it attached to, like you, moves when the loop shot is made since no screw in the front to make it more secure. I will have to add one there.

Now just waiting for my Manila figure to add near there also.

81C03B52-D18A-46E7-8521-965138F26C28 (resized).jpeg81C03B52-D18A-46E7-8521-965138F26C28 (resized).jpeg

#10131 1 year ago
Quoted from MetaMan:

Did you ever get this issue resolved? Just received a brand new Godzilla Premium 2 days ago -- having the exact same issue... flippers randomly die in middle of the ball (not a tilt)... happens for like 2 seconds. Also can't tell exactly but it seems the lower part of the playfield may power down as well?
-John

Yes was a node board issue. Swapped a node board from AIQ and solved issue. Then messaged stern and they sent a replacement

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/43#post-6597538

#10132 1 year ago

Got my Godzilla Pro today. Box was damaged (it even looks like box was partially opened at top) and there was even a torn and open part of the box but luckily no damage. This is my first Stern and also first NIB purchase. TBH, little disappointed with Stern when I discovered that flipper was not working due to improper placement of switch and upper cabinet lock bar was bent and had trouble closing and opening for the first time. I know pandemic makes everything tough on companies but at least check the buttons and locks before shipping it out. Still very excited to get this one. Big thanks to Jason at Classic Game Rooms. I also ordered GZ premium but will not be getting that for awhile. I will keep this one at home until I get GZ premium. Then this one will be going to my vacation home. Planning to place playfield protector and a few mods.

IMG_6048 (resized).jpgIMG_6048 (resized).jpgIMG_6049 (resized).jpgIMG_6049 (resized).jpgIMG_6041 (resized).jpgIMG_6041 (resized).jpgIMG_6046 (resized).jpgIMG_6046 (resized).jpgIMG_6047 (resized).jpgIMG_6047 (resized).jpg
#10133 1 year ago
Quoted from pbjksb:

Got my Godzilla Pro today. Box was damaged (it even looks like box was partially opened at top) and there was even a torn and open part of the box but luckily no damage. This is my first Stern and also first NIB purchase. TBH, little disappointed with Stern when I discovered that flipper was not working due to improper placement of switch and upper cabinet lock bar was bent and had trouble closing and opening for the first time. I know pandemic makes everything tough on companies but at least check the buttons and locks before shipping it out. Still very excited to get this one. Big thanks to Jason at Classic Game Rooms. I also ordered GZ premium but will not be getting that for awhile. I will keep this one at home until I get GZ premium. Then this one will be going to my vacation home. Planning to place playfield protector and a few mods.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats on your game! I am playing the crap out of mine this past week.

Just to note your issues have nothing to do with Stern. The entire machine is ran though before shipping to ensure it works before it goes in the box. Judging by the damage to the box I think your machine got dropped or something high impact that both damaged your lockbar and also knocked that flipper switch out of place.

#10134 1 year ago
Quoted from PapaBless:

Just to note your issues have nothing to do with Stern. The entire machine is ran though before shipping to ensure it works before it goes in the box. Judging by the damage to the box I think your machine got dropped or something high impact that both damaged your lockbar and also knocked that flipper switch out of place.

This is most certainly bullshit. They do not test every game when I got a walking Dead all of the molex plugs in the bottom of the cabinet were unplugged and still wrapped up together where they couldn't reach each other indicating they were never plugged in, Ghostbusters I had a missing cat5 from node to the next, among other issues.

Mishandling did not cause that flipper switch to swivel off the button, it was drilled in like that chico.

#10135 1 year ago
Quoted from wisefwumyogwave:

This is most certainly bullshit. They do not test every game when I got a walking Dead all of the molex plugs in the bottom of the cabinet were unplugged and still wrapped up together where they couldn't reach each other indicating they were never plugged in, Ghostbusters I had a missing cat5 from node to the next, among other issues.
Mishandling did not cause that flipper switch to swivel off the button, it was drilled in like that chico.

My last 3 sterns have had 1 lifetime play in the audits. They reset them if they remember. If your lifetime plays is 1 higher than total plays you know it was reset. My ghostbusters didn't have a lifetime plays on it when I got it so I don't know for sure but I would be shocked if this was never flipped, I'm in the shipping did it camp as well

#10136 1 year ago
Quoted from PapaBless:

I don't think so. Ledboard soldered backways, wrong wiring and so on. Nothing that could happen during transport.

#10137 1 year ago

My building is slightly catching the bridge when rising up, causing the drake investments sticker to get peeled off. Any tips on how to adjust building back a bit?

#10138 1 year ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

My building is slightly catching the bridge when rising up, causing the drake investments sticker to get peeled off. Any tips on how to adjust building back a bit?

Mine was rubbing the wireform in the back. I was able to loosen the wireform and move it slightly to avoid the rubbing.

#10139 1 year ago

Here’s the Mothra situation. I really like the placement; the flasher is still visible between both of them and it looks like they are flying in to join the battle. Rodan looks a little goofy but at play position he’s slightly hidden behind the elec tower. The smaller scale works IMO because it gives the illusion they are a bit further away, and still roughly the size of the existing plastic.

0D642B5F-67BC-4040-85FA-9B215A5A59F7 (resized).jpeg0D642B5F-67BC-4040-85FA-9B215A5A59F7 (resized).jpeg85F1DFA8-C18E-420A-B0A0-61B2CEE22E86 (resized).jpeg85F1DFA8-C18E-420A-B0A0-61B2CEE22E86 (resized).jpeg

#10140 1 year ago

First NIB. Pro. Mid-March build date.
No issues with everything workin out the box. Have it at 6.6ish.
Shout out to Zach @ FlipNOut

My wife paid the delivery guy extra to bring it down to the basement before I got home. Thank goodness because moving Iron Maiden made me feel like I was having an aneurysm.

144B4B4F-BD0D-410C-8A1E-D2904AA7E298 (resized).jpeg144B4B4F-BD0D-410C-8A1E-D2904AA7E298 (resized).jpeg32C609A7-743B-4A1F-BA90-EC477E986865 (resized).jpeg32C609A7-743B-4A1F-BA90-EC477E986865 (resized).jpeg7D24471C-FB0F-41E6-9BF9-67B048D03E90 (resized).jpeg7D24471C-FB0F-41E6-9BF9-67B048D03E90 (resized).jpeg
#10141 1 year ago

I only used the top half of my jet jaguar and posed him next to the ramp.

PXL_20220428_195435172.NIGHT (resized).jpgPXL_20220428_195435172.NIGHT (resized).jpg
#10142 1 year ago
Quoted from MacGruber:

My last 3 sterns have had 1 lifetime play in the audits. They reset them if they remember. If your lifetime plays is 1 higher than total plays you know it was reset. My ghostbusters didn't have a lifetime plays on it when I got it so I don't know for sure but I would be shocked if this was never flipped, I'm in the shipping did it camp as well

Individual lifetime audits cannot be reset. The majority of the playfield testing and adjustment occurs on a test station, therefor the game will not reflect that in its play count. The final inspection of the playfield in the cabinet will account for the 1 or 2 lifetime games played.

#10143 1 year ago

Godzilla “king of the Monsters” is possibly the prettiest machine in my lineup now???

Anyone know where I can get green speaker inserts to swap out my Flipper Fidelity red speaker insert?
816CEF28-BB43-4551-A1D8-87040C1F328F (resized).jpeg816CEF28-BB43-4551-A1D8-87040C1F328F (resized).jpeg51118A6B-CB76-4ABB-96BC-3A43AE725A05 (resized).jpeg51118A6B-CB76-4ABB-96BC-3A43AE725A05 (resized).jpeg7F22281F-2E36-4A3A-BD8D-B387A0C5BF6F (resized).jpeg7F22281F-2E36-4A3A-BD8D-B387A0C5BF6F (resized).jpeg61EF91FA-B773-49E2-9DC2-367A1CAEE664 (resized).jpeg61EF91FA-B773-49E2-9DC2-367A1CAEE664 (resized).jpeg1F19F218-CF7C-4EC6-ABEE-DC6FB557591E (resized).jpeg1F19F218-CF7C-4EC6-ABEE-DC6FB557591E (resized).jpeg074953C1-BC31-4D00-A285-B954F428AA85 (resized).jpeg074953C1-BC31-4D00-A285-B954F428AA85 (resized).jpeg

#10144 1 year ago

Godzilla “king of the Monsters” and possibly the prettiest, now, in my lineup???
Anyone know where I can get green speaker inserts to swap out my Flipper Fidelity red speaker insert?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

that looks great I think you can get the inserts here: http://www.speakerlightkits.com/5.25-SPIKE-2-Speaker-Surrounds.html

#10145 1 year ago

Thanks.

Sweet!

Thank you for the link!

#10146 1 year ago

Mishandling did not cause that

Right....maybe Stern ripped the box and bent the lock bar too....

#10147 1 year ago
Quoted from PapaBless:

Right....maybe Stern ripped the box and bent the lock bar too....

Seen that on a new rush too flawless cardboard box chico. Keep defending stern lol.

Love stern games but they have normal manufacturing issues like any other.

#10148 1 year ago

Seen that on a new rush too

Not saying they are flawless but with a banged up box I said I think that is what caused the damage, which is a fair assumption....chico

#10149 1 year ago
Quoted from PapaBless:

Fan boy post of the month. Stern damn well did not check it out before boxing up. No way the machine was dropped to cause the flipper switch issue.

#10150 1 year ago

Who wants a tank? No room for 2 in this bad boy. Die cast. Message me if interested. $30 - includes shipping in US.

36CD0887-15F3-4E21-8047-3A4D53B13046 (resized).jpeg36CD0887-15F3-4E21-8047-3A4D53B13046 (resized).jpeg8BA1754D-A5EF-48CE-8030-8C99DBDCCF02 (resized).jpeg8BA1754D-A5EF-48CE-8030-8C99DBDCCF02 (resized).jpegC66E5283-6546-4000-B37A-5508F7F339D4 (resized).jpegC66E5283-6546-4000-B37A-5508F7F339D4 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 210.00
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Blacklick, OH
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Myers, FL
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monument, CO
$ 35.00
$ 100.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

There are 27,390 posts in this topic. You are on page 203 of 548.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/203?hl=ballykiss1978 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.