IMG_0814 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0815 (resized).jpeg
20240319_163550 (resized).jpg
20240319_163609 (resized).jpg
20240319_163600 (resized).jpg
20240318_181310 (resized).jpg
20240318_181348 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,159 posts in this topic. You are on page 202 of 544.
#10051 1 year ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

I haven't adjusted the outlane posts. I feel like both sides are brutal. The left is hopeless from some shots that don't go all the way around the big loop. But to me, the right is far worse. If the ball comes out of that area slowly I know it is almost never going to go into the right inlane and almost always go into the right outlane even when I see it coming and try to intervene.

Interesting! I have just the opposite interactions. Once I see that ball rolling towards that pop bumper I pucker up and get ready for a dirt nasty fastball to that left out lane. If you have right outlane concerns, just move that post like I did with the left. Having alot more fun playing tonight than I had the last few days of playing.

#10052 1 year ago
Quoted from PapaBless:

Interesting! I have just the opposite interactions. Once I see that ball rolling towards that pop bumper I pucker up and get ready for a dirt nasty fastball to that left out lane. If you have right outlane concerns, just move that post like I did with the left. Having alot more fun playing tonight than I had the last few days of playing.

Nah, I can't touch the posts! Just have to figure out how to adjust or manage better.

#10053 1 year ago

Didn’t we already go through this? Use the switch adjustment tool and bend the switch actuator arm so that the switch registers more easily than it currently does. Put the game in switch test while after you adjust to see how it works.

#10054 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Not knocking pinstadium at all here, but the gz lighting is so spot on, I can't see how anything can improve it. That being said, I've never seen gz with pinstadium, so I could be wrong

Recently installed the plastics so toying around with the lighting options, but this will give you an idea as to what Pinstadiums look like for this game. The Ultra plus version also has a function you can set where the lights flicker like a candle, which adds a cool effect and enhances the burning city look in the game IMO.

0F874A4A-7551-409C-86C3-7327E6F47EDB (resized).jpeg0F874A4A-7551-409C-86C3-7327E6F47EDB (resized).jpegB45EFE0B-1196-4177-8260-2941A6C37121 (resized).jpegB45EFE0B-1196-4177-8260-2941A6C37121 (resized).jpegCC509BE2-1B09-4E5A-A8D6-B72FC91CF823 (resized).jpegCC509BE2-1B09-4E5A-A8D6-B72FC91CF823 (resized).jpegFB839D5A-0F0D-4585-B527-9517D38C5FE1 (resized).jpegFB839D5A-0F0D-4585-B527-9517D38C5FE1 (resized).jpeg
#10055 1 year ago
Quoted from ZAuxier:

Alright, feeling a little vulnerable this Friday...
According to Stern Insider, my average score on my GZ Pro is 104,963,657. This is after about 120(ish) games on the machine, but I certainly feel I could be doing better. My high score is around 640M.
Curious if others are willing to share what theirs is? I have the game setup with default settings (EBs, outlanes, feature specific settings, etc.), but have really been flirting with easing things up. I don't want to move the outlane posts (feels like cheating), but at the same time I don't feel like I'm even scratching the surface of this game yet.
Maybe I just need to chill out, and realize I'm not going to blow it up, three weeks into ownership. I mean, this is what makes a HUO game awesome, right?!?

Fellow Gopher - I've only played 6 times (well, probably another 5-10 on a premium before this), but since everyone is sharing scores, thoughts I would share mine while I wait for my premium to arrive.

Screenshot_20220424-090340_DuckDuckGo (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220424-090340_DuckDuckGo (resized).jpg
#10056 1 year ago
Quoted from atg1469:

Recently installed the plastics so toying around with the lighting options, but this will give you an idea as to what Pinstadiums look like for this game. The Ultra plus version also has a function you can set where the lights flicker like a candle, which adds a cool effect and enhances the burning city look in the game IMO.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Has Godzilla travelled to Tokyo?

looks good!

#10057 1 year ago
Quoted from Had:

Has Godzilla travelled to Tokyo?
looks good!

Still working on my GZ replacement but he’ll be stomping down the streets soon enough!

#10058 1 year ago

I need to adjust my collapsing building. The manual has two ways: physical adjustment, and software adjustment. My thought is software adjustment using the stepper motor and if that doesn't work adjust the rest physically.

Do you agree?

#10059 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Didn’t we already go through this? Use the switch adjustment tool and bend the switch actuator arm so that the switch registers more easily than it currently does. Put the game in switch test while after you adjust to see how it works.

Yes, went through that. Had not seen it described as make a switch more sensitive. Makes sense that is to what you were making reference.

#10060 1 year ago
Quoted from atg1469:

Wow! Thanks for saving me the trouble. That is NOT for me. It does look cool though

#10061 1 year ago

Does anyone know what setting to use so that the machine does NOT automatically reset high scores?

#10062 1 year ago
Quoted from atg1469:

I was considering getting that full set of plastics for my premium that's arriving on Tuesday. Curious what you and everyone else thinks of them.

#10063 1 year ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

I was considering getting that full set of plastics for my premium that's arriving on Tuesday. Curious what you and everyone else thinks of them.

Personally, I’d probably go with a different color if I did it again. I like the green but think orange or yellow would’ve been a bit more complimentary and helped accent the burning city look I was kinda going for. May change them out later but the install process was a pain in the ass so not exactly thrilled about redoing all that work again! The ones under the right ramp also had to be cut in order to make them fit. It’s as if they didn’t factor in how the added width would cause the plastics to butt up against the ramp itself. I could’ve raised the ramp to accommodate but I was pretty sure that would effect the gameplay and I wasn’t willing to risk that, so busted out the dremel and cut out a 1-inch section instead. You can’t see it when it’s installed but was still a pain to get right.

All in all, I dig the effect they provide tho!

#10064 1 year ago
Quoted from atg1469:

Personally, I’d probably go with a different color if I did it again. I like the green but think orange or yellow would’ve been a bit more complimentary and helped accent the burning city look I was kinda going for. May change them out later but the install process was a pain in the ass so not exactly thrilled about redoing all that work again! The ones under the right ramp also had to be cut in order to make them fit. It’s as if they didn’t factor in how the added width would cause the plastics to butt up against the ramp itself. I could’ve raised the ramp to accommodate but I was pretty sure that would effect the gameplay and I wasn’t willing to risk that, so busted out the dremel and cut out a 1-inch section instead. You can’t see it when it’s installed but was still a pain to get right.
All in all, I dig the effect they provide tho!

I haven't seen them in any other color. Are they available in other colors? I have a set for the slings and inlanes that are blue and orange. I'll start with those.

Thanks.

#10065 1 year ago
Quoted from tedwasright:

Does anyone know what setting to use so that the machine does NOT automatically reset high scores?

I believe it’s standard adjustment #39

#10066 1 year ago
Quoted from atg1469:

Looks nice but I just can’t justify the cost for them. Yeah I know I paid $6600 for my pro, and what’s another $450. But I added a couple spotlights to help lighten up the playfield, and happy with it.

#10067 1 year ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

I haven't seen them in any other color. Are they available in other colors? I have a set for the slings and inlanes that are blue and orange. I'll start with those.
Thanks.

These are from Freddy’s Pinball Paradise and is a complete 22-piece set, so its a commitment for sure! They have them in blue, orange, yellow, red, and green.

#10068 1 year ago
Quoted from atg1469:

These are from Freddy’s Pinball Paradise and is a complete 22-piece set, so its a commitment for sure! They have them in blue, orange, yellow, red, and green.

If you go to the last page on here, they’ve posted a few screenshots of the other colors:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/convoluxcom

#10069 1 year ago
Quoted from atg1469:

If you go to the last page on here, they’ve posted a few screenshots of the other colors:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/convoluxcom

Awesome, thanks for sharing.

#10070 1 year ago
Quoted from MT45:

#32 LE in the house.
Any ideas on this issue?
Game plays perfect until/when I chimp flip say in multi-ball ... then flippers go limp (dead) and lower lights in playfield go dark for about 1 full second
Game will continue to play normal after that
Single flips - left or right flipper will not reproduce the effect, to reproduce it (100% of time) requires me to activate both flippers simultaneously
Thoughts?
[quoted image]
Adding a video of the issue

Did you ever get this issue resolved? Just received a brand new Godzilla Premium 2 days ago -- having the exact same issue... flippers randomly die in middle of the ball (not a tilt)... happens for like 2 seconds. Also can't tell exactly but it seems the lower part of the playfield may power down as well?

-John

#10071 1 year ago
Quoted from MetaMan:

Did you ever get this issue resolved? Just received a brand new Godzilla Premium 2 days ago -- having the exact same issue... flippers randomly die in middle of the ball (not a tilt)... happens for like 2 seconds. Also can't tell exactly but it seems the lower part of the playfield may power down as well?
-John

Loose fuse? Need to re-seat node boards?
Just spitballin' here

#10072 1 year ago

Added side armor today while I was rearranging my lineup. Got Halloween CE little over a week ago.

1DB9602F-9866-4B59-8513-078269281EDB (resized).jpeg1DB9602F-9866-4B59-8513-078269281EDB (resized).jpeg39376BBF-327A-4415-AF60-28CFEAF1F50A (resized).jpeg39376BBF-327A-4415-AF60-28CFEAF1F50A (resized).jpeg513483EA-E061-4323-8451-2F1DD187914D (resized).jpeg513483EA-E061-4323-8451-2F1DD187914D (resized).jpeg61692B2D-B83A-4709-A203-35072B0727F4 (resized).jpeg61692B2D-B83A-4709-A203-35072B0727F4 (resized).jpegD2C116BC-7696-4F58-9084-18DDD913EBEB (resized).jpegD2C116BC-7696-4F58-9084-18DDD913EBEB (resized).jpeg
#10073 1 year ago

Making progress and loving it!

IMG_2680 (resized).JPGIMG_2680 (resized).JPG
#10074 1 year ago

I like the side armor - looks sharp. It's probably has been asked, but does anyone know if there will be a set for the LEs?

#10075 1 year ago
Quoted from GroggyFrogFace:

I like the side armor - looks sharp. It's probably has been asked, but does anyone know if there will be a set for the LEs?

side armor is indeed awesome for GZ. I dont believe stern makes side armor for the LEs. Many already have a design on them.

#10076 1 year ago

I haven't adjusted the outlane posts. I feel like both sides are brutal. The left is hopeless from some shots that don't go all the way around the big loop. But to me, the right is far worse. If the ball comes out of that area slowly I know it is almost never going to go into the right inlane and almost always go into the right outlane even when I see it coming and try to intervene.

It frustrated me too. I ended up taking the glass off and practiced simulating a slow roll and nudging to see what worked best for me to avoid the outlane.

#10077 1 year ago
Quoted from GroggyFrogFace:

Thanks! I like it to. They do not make a set for LE’s unfortunately. You could powder coat it to match the trim on the LE though.

#10078 1 year ago

Anyone have Titan rubbers on their GZ?
I was installing all of mine today and had some problems with my flipper rubbers.

Top flipper: When ball is rolling down from the ramp and I am not trying to hit the loop, it would normally roll straight down to my bottom left flipper for a shot no problem. After installing the rubber on the top left flipper about 30% of the time it will just barely nick the rubber causing the ball to go SDTM, sometimes knocking it off even worse. The rubber feels like a mm too thick.

Bottom flippers: When rolling down the in lane just like the top flipper it will occasionally hit the top of the flipper rubber giving me a weird bounce/hesitation.

Just wanted to get your opinions/thoughts/suggestions. Is it something that I can fix, something that will go away, or anything else I can do. The bottom flippers are less consequential but the top flipper I changed back to stock mid game as it cost me a ball I was killing it with.

Thank you!

#10079 1 year ago

I use Titan on all rubbers EXCEPT the flippers. I just find the feel is too different to anything else. Try PerfectPlay.

#10080 1 year ago
Quoted from PapaBless:

I was installing all of mine today and had some problems with my flipper rubbers.
Top flipper: When ball is rolling down from the ramp and I am not trying to hit the loop, it would normally roll straight down to my bottom left flipper for a shot no problem. After installing the rubber on the top left flipper about 30% of the time it will just barely nick the rubber causing the ball to go SDTM, sometimes knocking it off even worse. The rubber feels like a mm too thick.
Bottom flippers: When rolling down the in lane just like the top flipper it will occasionally hit the top of the flipper rubber giving me a weird bounce/hesitation.
Just wanted to get your opinions/thoughts/suggestions. Is it something that I can fix, something that will go away, or anything else I can do. The bottom flippers are less consequential but the top flipper I changed back to stock mid game as it cost me a ball I was killing it with.
Thank you!

Did you go with the Titan low bounce flipper rubbers? They are closer to Stern rubber thickness and also play closer to black rubber in my opinion.

#10081 1 year ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

Did you go with the Titan low bounce flipper rubbers? They are closer to Stern rubber thickness and also play closer to black rubber in my opinion.

Welp...would love to say I saw that option when I checked out, but I didn't...I am going to order a set of these right now. I have heard nothing but good things about titan rubbers and I love the ones I have but these flippers are NOT it.
I appreciate this input, hope to hear from a few others

#10082 1 year ago

Anybody interested in a trade Metallica Master of Puppets LE for a Godzilla LE? PM if interested. Can meet in the US as well. Thanks.

#10083 1 year ago
Quoted from PapaBless:

Thank you!

I tried low bounce Titan and immediately removed them. Saw, little to zero improvement from standard Titans so I went with Super Bands Flipper and have never looked back. Game play has increased, the ball control is better with Super bands IMO.

#10084 1 year ago

I am having trouble leveling the machine. I am on a rug and put the rubber feet on it. I am thinking the rubber messes things up?

But how do you start the leveling itself? I had the front 2 as the shortest setting and the back 2 in the middle. Can someone explain how they go about it from there?

I'd appreciate it.

#10085 1 year ago
Quoted from tedwasright:

I am having trouble leveling the machine. I am on a rug and put the rubber feet on it. I am thinking the rubber messes things up?
But how do you start the leveling itself? I had the front 2 as the shortest setting and the back 2 in the middle. Can someone explain how they go about it from there?
I'd appreciate it.

Generally thats a good place to start. Lowest up front, then cranking it up on the rear ones. I have a digital level I have in between the flippers and make adjustments on the back ones till I get the degree I want (6.5-7, depending on game will try out different heights for a few games). But then measure left-to-right leveling. A corner might need to be raised slightly to get it right, even the front ones. And I'll measure front middle and back middle if possible.

#10086 1 year ago

You really need to measure with instruments. You need an inclinometer for the pitch (it measures the playfield angle which on most modern machines should be about 6.5 degrees) and a level for the side-to-side. You can use digital versions of these, like an app, or old fashioned analog tools. I prefer analog ones personally as I’ve found apps to not be accurate sometimes especially if you have a phone case or something that can throw it off.

#10087 1 year ago
Quoted from PapaBless:

Thank you!

I've always felt super bands were too bouncy. Hard to catch with, Been using perfect play from pinball life and have had great luck. I replace every factory ring and flipper first thing now

#10088 1 year ago

Anybody else notice the rubbers get black residue really fast? I removed the stock rubbers day one with Titan's. I have replaced the balls and clean the PF regularly. Just seem to get dirtier than my other games. Probably play it 20 times a day.

#10089 1 year ago
Quoted from izzy:

Anybody else notice the rubbers get black residue really fast? I removed the stock rubbers day one with Titan's. I have replaced the balls and clean the PF regularly. Just seem to get dirtier than my other games. Probably play it 20 times a day.

ya, it's pretty standard advice in this thread to replace the rubbers asap; they shed so badly

#10090 1 year ago

This is probably a dumb question and maybe it has been asked in this thread previously. When is the Mechagodzilla magnet suppose to grab and hold the ball? I thought it was when you start Mechagodzilla multi-ball. We got our machine on Saturday and I have put a few games on it and started Mechagodzilla a couple of times, but the magnet never grabbed the ball as I thought it should.

#10091 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I've always felt super bands were too bouncy. Hard to catch with, Bern using perfect play from pinball life and have had great luck. I replace every factory ring and flipper first thing now

Maybe you have those new super bouncy Stern flippers. Lol

I may have to try these Perfect Play in my next Pinball Life Order for comparison.

#10092 1 year ago

hi guys did you hear about a topper from stern? when will they release one for the godzilla?

#10093 1 year ago
Quoted from flipper73:

hi guys did you hear about a topper from stern? when will they release one for the godzilla?

they're keeping super quiet about it. no details at all

#10094 1 year ago
Quoted from Good-Times:

I use Titan on all rubbers EXCEPT the flippers. I just find the feel is too different to anything else. Try PerfectPlay.

I heard iepinball say something similar recently (that he swaps out all rubbers except the flippers and keeps the black ones from Stern on for player performance and feel). Being my first pin and reading everyone on this thread (and others) saying the first thing to do is to pull/throw out all factory rubbers and replace them, that's what I did. Now I wish I had held onto the stock flipper rubbers to try.

izzy I also purchased Titan flippers and have been surprised how quickly they get dirty despite doing the same things you mentioned. However, as my first pin, I don't have a basis for comparison. So I assumed that's just how things typically go.

#10095 1 year ago
Quoted from Micahdell:

This is probably a dumb question and maybe it has been asked in this thread previously. When is the Mechagodzilla magnet suppose to grab and hold the ball? I thought it was when you start Mechagodzilla multi-ball. We got our machine on Saturday and I have put a few games on it and started Mechagodzilla a couple of times, but the magnet never grabbed the ball as I thought it should.

sounds like yours is not working. Start with looking for a loose connection.

#10096 1 year ago

I heard iepinball say something similar recently (that he swaps out all rubbers except the flippers and keeps the black ones from Stern on for player performance and feel). Being my first pin and reading everyone on this thread (and others) saying the first thing to do is to pull/throw out all factory rubbers and replace them, that's what I did. Now I wish I had held onto the stock flipper rubbers to try.
izzy I also purchased Titan flippers and have been surprised how quickly they get dirty despite doing the same things you mentioned. However, as my first pin, I don't have a basis for comparison. So I assumed that's just how things typically go.

he switched to red rubbers on the flippers (not the stocks), and titans for everything else

#10097 1 year ago

My plunge has been clunky on a soft plunge ever since I got it. However the auto-plunge and a full plunge works fine. I made sure the plunger tip was hitting the center of the ball when resting in the lane, but the problem was still happening. Finally took some slow motion video and think I found the cause:

https://imgur.com/a/cVGsENs

The ball starts to go off course at the end of the switch slot in the shooter lane. I ran a ball across there and felt a bump. It might be hard to see from the picture, but there is definitely a hump there. And the clear is cracked in that spot, probably because the ball has been hitting it:

do the humpty humpdo the humpty hump

I'm assuming when an auto-plunge or full plunge happens, the ball is either launched over the hump or has enough velocity/momentum to keep it going straight when it hits it.

I think getting a Cliffy protector will fix this if the hump is low enough. If not, I'll try sanding down the hump.

#10098 1 year ago
Quoted from gamera9:

sounds like yours is not working. Start with looking for a loose connection.

That is what I was thinking. My insider connected was not working either. The cable was not plugged in all the way.

#10099 1 year ago

I like the feel of the Pinball Life Perfect Play flipper rubber the best. I usually use the stock rubber for a week or two and then change over. Feel is very similar to me.

Superbands will last much longer for ring locations and I use them on all posts sleeves and small post rubber locations. They also stay cleaner. I do use a Superband flipper rubber on the upper left flipper on AIQ because it takes a beating and Superbands are the only style that will last.

Quoted from izzy:

Novus 1 on a microfiber towel will easily wipe off any black dust build up on the rubbers.

#10100 1 year ago
Quoted from splickety_lit:

My plunge has been clunky on a soft plunge ever since I got it. However the auto-plunge and a full plunge works fine. I made sure the plunger tip was hitting the center of the ball when resting in the lane, but the problem was still happening. Finally took some slow motion video and think I found the cause:
https://imgur.com/a/cVGsENs
The ball starts to go off course at the end of the switch slot in the shooter lane. I ran a ball across there and felt a bump. It might be hard to see from the picture, but there is definitely a hump there. And the clear is cracked in that spot, probably because the ball has been hitting it:
[quoted image]
I'm assuming when an auto-plunge or full plunge happens, the ball is either launched over the hump or has enough velocity/momentum to keep it going straight when it hits it.
I think getting a Cliffy protector will fix this if the hump is low enough. If not, I'll try sanding down the hump.

I wonder if a plastic shooter lane protector might raise the entire lane up enough so that the bump is not so pronounced. Like the lane protector sold by CoinTaker https://cointaker.com/products/pinball-shooter-lane-protector Just a thought.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy
Toys/Add-ons
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling
Decorations
6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Winter Garden, FL
$ 114.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 120.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball
Other
$ 14.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Side Gig Studios
Toppers
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz
Decals
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop
Backbox
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Linn Creek, MO
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Performance Pinball
Shooter rods
$ 70.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
€ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 27,159 posts in this topic. You are on page 202 of 544.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/202?hl=eaglepin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.