PXL_20240415_201849415 (resized).jpg
IMG_2601 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2538 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1444 (resized).jpg
IMG_7006.jpg
gdz opto receiver (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,382 posts in this topic. You are on page 201 of 548.
#10001 2 years ago

37 logged plays, 378,155,047 average..... 3,821,047,900 high score.

Game isn't level and it's pissing me off. You wouldn't believe how far I've got the right side jacked up just to even get it close.

#10002 2 years ago

10,000 posts in this thread already! A quick summary for those who didn't read all 10,000:

* Godzilla is an awesome game.
* Should you get the Pro or Premium? Get what's available now.
* But is the Premium worth it? You have to figure this out yourself. For every person who couldn't go on living without a certain feature, there is another person who will tell you it's not worth the money.
* When will your NIB arrive? Some only had to wait a couple of weeks from order to arrival. Others ordered in the Middle Ages and still don't have the game.
* There are many cool mods and many definitions of "must have" mods. Get what you like. Some people love what others think is goofy.
* The bridge on Premiums/LEs will break the plastic underneath it if you don't address the problem.
* You should probably replace your stock flipper coil stops sooner rather than later.
* The code keeps getting better!

#10003 2 years ago
Quoted from RonSwanson:

10,000 posts in this thread already! A quick summary for those who didn't read all 10,000:
* Godzilla is an awesome game.
* Should you get the Pro or Premium? Get what's available now.
* But is the Premium worth it? You have to figure this out yourself. For every person who couldn't go on living without a certain feature, there is another person who will tell you it's not worth the money.
* When will your NIB arrive? Some only had to wait a couple of weeks from order to arrival. Others ordered in the Middle Ages and still don't have the game.
* There are many cool mods and many definitions of "must have" mods. Get what you like. Some people love what others think is goofy.
* The bridge on Premiums/LEs will break the plastic underneath it if you don't address the problem.
* You should probably replace your stock flipper coil stops sooner rather than later.
* The code keeps getting better!

Nice one Swanson!

#10004 2 years ago

Does anyone else have raised inserts? Worst are at my building meter. It's my first NIB so i was figuring quality control surely would notice unacceptable inserts. March 17th build. Some inserts raised-some flush.

#10005 2 years ago
Quoted from anynamewilldo:

Does anyone else have raised inserts? Worst are at my building meter. It's my first NIB so i was figuring quality control surely would notice unacceptable inserts. March 17th build. Some inserts raised-some flush.

I would check to see if your play field is not warped some went out a little wonky from that run.

#10006 2 years ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

I would check to see if your play field is not warped some went out a little wonky from that run.

I checked for warping and it doesn't appear to have any.

#10007 2 years ago

This is my first pin. Crazy amount of restarts, probably a bad habit to have.

Screenshot_20220422-194916 (resized).pngScreenshot_20220422-194916 (resized).png
#10008 2 years ago

Just turn that setting off. Save you from yourself.

#10009 2 years ago

For anyone interested I'm selling my A.O.P. mods after a recent run in with Lior on some other mods. Probably going with Sleal16's versions and I've priced accordingly:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/134103

#10010 2 years ago
Quoted from splickety_lit:

[quoted image]

I
Never restart any of mine. I go with the flow

#10011 2 years ago

I was wondering if the bridge is always meant to reset with both parts flush after it is hit or the game is powered down or booted up?

I'm not sure if this happened before, but just noticed after my last game it settled askew and remained as such when turned off the game when the building released the locked balls

20220422_201839 (resized).jpg20220422_201839 (resized).jpg
#10012 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Just turn that setting off. Save you from yourself.

Yes! I used to be a restarter until I realized that a shit ball one should make me bear down on ball two and for me, ball two is usually my highest scoring of the three. Blowing it up on ball one only sets me up for disappointment.

#10013 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

37 logged plays, 378,155,047 average..... 3,821,047,900 high score.
Game isn't level and it's pissing me off. You wouldn't believe how far I've got the right side jacked up just to even get it close.

Are you sure your playfield isn't convex, concave, or slightly twisted? Warped Godzilla playfields have been found in the wild.

#10014 2 years ago
Quoted from Obed_Marsh:

I was wondering if the bridge is always meant to reset with both parts flush after it is hit or the game is powered down or booted up?
I'm not sure if this happened before, but just noticed after my last game it settled askew and remained as such when turned off the game when the building released the locked balls
[quoted image]

I received mine last week and it was doing the same. I loosened the clear plastic bridge pieces and slid them away from the center and retightened.

#10015 2 years ago

Tried looking but didn't find anything on this.
One the latest version on my new GZ Pro I am hitting the heat ray until I heard it say heat ray is ready use the action button or whatever it says, but it is not blinking and is not actually "ready" I have hit it before so it does work but when I hear that I expect it to be ready to use. Is there something I need to hit in order to activate it?
Thanks

#10016 2 years ago
Quoted from PapaBless:

One the latest version on my new GZ Pro I am hitting the heat ray until I heard it say heat ray is ready use the action button or whatever it says, but it is not blinking and is not actually "ready" I have hit it before so it does work but when I hear that I expect it to be ready to use. Is there something I need to hit in order to activate it?
Thanks

When the button lights up, I believe it is blue, you have to hold it down and will see it charge on the screen. Hold button down till its at 100% (while you're still flipping!).

#10017 2 years ago
Quoted from PapaBless:

Thanks

It only lights up during modes that you can use it. Even if you have it ready, it doesn’t light during single ball, no mode, play.

#10018 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It only lights up during modes that you can use it. Even if you have it ready, it doesn’t light during single ball, no mode, play.

This makes sense, it seems the only time I see that blue light is when I'm in a mode. Just found it odd it says to press the action button or whatever even though it can't be used right then....maybe it's just me but thank you!

#10019 2 years ago
Quoted from PapaBless:

This makes sense, it seems the only time I see that blue light is when I'm in a mode. Just found it odd it says to press the action button or whatever even though it can't be used right then....maybe it's just me but thank you!

You are understanding correctly. It’s just the game saying, hey you got this in your back pocket for later.

Makes more sense for this callout when you’re currently in a mode and qualify the button.

#10020 2 years ago
Quoted from Our_Man_in_Oz:

For anyone interested I'm selling my A.O.P. mods after a recent run in with Lior on some other mods. Probably going with Sleal16's versions and I've priced accordingly:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/134103

PM sent earlier. Will take

#10021 2 years ago
Quoted from splickety_lit:

Some of my best games were after a terrible first ball. With the number of extra balls that you can get in this game, 1 ball could end up being insignificant in the grand scheme.

#10022 2 years ago

I used to restart games after a bad ball one. I gave that up a while ago and am happy I did. It makes you a better player.

#10023 2 years ago

Every ball has the potential to be a Billion point ball.

Every ball has the potential to give you the pin adrenaline run of your life.

Just try to enjoy each ball.

#10024 2 years ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

Every ball has the potential to be a Billion point ball.
Every ball has the potential to give you the pin adrenaline run of your life.
Just try to enjoy each ball.

Not a billion, but last night, ball one was bad, ball 2 worse, ball 3 was 700 million. So I never reset anymore, play em out, you never know

#10025 2 years ago

I guess if you just want to “beat” the game or rack up a crazy score then have at the restarts. Whatever blows your hair back.

For me since GZ is most likely going to be part of the family for a long while I’m going to enjoy every ass kicking I receive. It just makes it better when I have “that” game where the shots are flowing and I’m actually playing well

#10026 2 years ago

I agree. This heat ray callout is meaningless and has confused me in the past when it cannot be used. It should wait to tell you when it actually can be used. I actually thought it was a code error at first.

As for playing through a game and not restarting, that is your choice. I was playing my wife in a 2 player game and she was beating me going into ball 3 with about 40 million and I lit it up on my 3rd ball and hung up over 1 billion.

#10027 2 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Yes! I used to be a restarter until I realized that a shit ball one should make me bear down on ball two and for me, ball two is usually my highest scoring of the three. Blowing it up on ball one only sets me up for disappointment

Especially when there are extra balls turned on. A lot of extra balls can still be won after a single bad ball.

#10028 2 years ago

Ok a few questions for those who have had their GZs for a bit. Lining all of my stuff up for July and containing excitement as best I can.

1.) Should I get the Pinmonk quiet fan? Is the stock Stern one that loud?

2.) What color plastic protectors or none at all (just the slinghots/lanes…I’m leaning yellow or green)

3.) Dumb question but my first NIB…do you wax a new playfield before playing?

4.) PBL or Stern shaker? I had a Roadshow and that shaker was insane. Wife hated it. I’d prefer toned down over foundation rattling.

Thanks!

#10029 2 years ago

Today I played an LE, when I put the ball in the building for godzilla multiball the message ball 1 lock comes out, if I put another ball it puts ball 2 lock, before in version 0.75 in my pro it was the same, now in my pro I don't get the ball 1 block thing, I get directly godzilla multiball is lit, why does it come out different in the LE being both at 0.93?

#10030 2 years ago
Quoted from Pugster:

Ok a few questions for those who have had their GZs for a bit. Lining all of my stuff up for July and containing excitement as best I can.
2.) What color plastic protectors or none at all (just the slinghots/lanes…I’m leaning yellow or green)
4.) PBL or Stern shaker? I had a Roadshow and that shaker was insane. Wife hated it. I’d prefer toned down over foundation rattling.
Thanks!

1 - Depends in the environment you pay it at. I put it in my AIQ b/c there isnt much going audio wise and the fan sticks out. on my IMDN, i dont even notice. Too much great music/effects/etc that I dont hear it unless the game is idle w/o play. If you have the game either at medium volume or lower, I'd say replace that fan. It can be annoying while playing. Kinda depends on how acute your hearing is to random noises.

4 - Shaker should be roughly the same on either. You can either adjust the settings and/or adjust the weights in the physical shaker to make it beefier or tone it down.

#10031 2 years ago
Quoted from Pugster:

Thanks!

One two and three = a resounding no. number four get a pinball life shaker

#10032 2 years ago

Comet is an antenna channel, showing in english a Godzilla marathon. Sunday April 24. Starts at 2PM central.

IMG_E0744[1] (resized).JPGIMG_E0744[1] (resized).JPG

#10033 2 years ago

I restart games all the time at home and wont apologize for it! Many of these games take some time to set things up to have a good game or accomplish the objective I want to accomplish. So if ball one sucks I restart all the time. Whenever I sell a game I show games played and balls played and the buyer sometimes gets a laugh out of it. 500 games played,1000 balls played.... Or something like that Im probably exagerating.

#10034 2 years ago
Quoted from tonyf1965:

Comet is an antenna channel, showing in english a Godzilla marathon. Sunday April 24. Starts at 2PM central.
[quoted image]

Comet is also available on the web:

https://comettv.com/

And they have a Roku app. Very simple, single channel, no "on demand", but it plays all KINDS of great stuff.

#10035 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

I restart games all the time at home and wont apologize for it!

You can also set your games to 5- ball and not apologize.

They are both just different ways to max out your scores without strictly adhering to a 3 ball game.

I did the reset thing for brief time too until realizing ball 1 didn't have to be stellar to set a high score.

Earning extra balls was more important.

#10036 2 years ago
Quoted from anynamewilldo:

No but I have a full playfield protector. This might help.

#10037 2 years ago
Quoted from Schaitas:

Would you guys add Pinstadium to a Gzl LE?

Heavens yes!

#10038 2 years ago
Quoted from rob3:

Heavens yes!

Hell no

#10039 2 years ago
Quoted from marspinball:

When the button lights up, I believe it is blue, you have to hold it down and will see it charge on the screen. Hold button down till its at 100% (while you're still flipping!).

On my LE, it seems like I have to immediately...like within a second or two...hit the button after seeing "Heat Ray Ready." Otherwise, it's too late and doesn't award it.

#10040 2 years ago

Limbo I'm not sure!

#10041 2 years ago
Quoted from mostater:

Limbo I'm not sure!

Not knocking pinstadium at all here, but the gz lighting is so spot on, I can't see how anything can improve it. That being said, I've never seen gz with pinstadium, so I could be wrong

#10042 2 years ago

Verifying Image... Starting yesterday, every time I power up machine I get the verifying image. Had machine for 3 weeks and installed v 0.93 first day. I can still play and verifying image seems to go away.
Any idea what is wrong?
Verifying Image (resized).JPGVerifying Image (resized).JPG

#10043 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Thanks. I agree it is something physical. And I can tell it's not spinning like it's supposed to compared to the other two. So I'm glad to have this and various recommendations of how to assess where the problem is.

Following up on the issue of my center spinner not registering like the other two: I did the switch test as suggested. When I slowly turn the spinner, it registers fine. When I spin it quickly, it doesn't. Once the spinner gets going pretty fast (I tested using compressed air), it generally stops registering completely. As it slows down some, it starts to register again. I did the compressed air test with the other two spinners and they register just fine.

Is that info enough to suggest what the issue and fix would be?

#10044 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Following up on the issue of my center spinner not registering like the other two: I did the switch test as suggested. When I slowly turn the spinner, it registers fine. When I spin it quickly, it doesn't. Once the spinner gets going pretty fast (I tested using compressed air), it generally stops registering completely. As it slows down some, it starts to register again. I did the compressed air test with the other two spinners and they register just fine.
Is that info enough to suggest what the issue and fix would be?

It sounds like when it’s spinning fast the switch either doesn’t close or doesn’t open. I would try bending the switch arm so it’s more sensitive and test it. If that doesn’t work make it less sensitive. One way should help.

#10045 2 years ago

Adjust the switch to be more sensitive

#10046 2 years ago
Quoted from rob3:

Heavens yes!

Not a chance.

#10047 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Adjust the switch to be more sensitive

How do I do that?

#10048 2 years ago
Quoted from Pugster:

Thanks!

3) I did not but I have heard you are supposed to, I will do this tomorrow and see how it impacts it. Make sure to use something non abrasive both chemically and the pad/cloth
4) I just installed the Stern shaker on my GZ Pro a day ago and it was BRUTAL! I am talking I thought this glass was going to shatter BRUTAL. I did go into the settings and turned it to Low/Easy and it is perfect! You will love it and it is not overwhelming (Highly Recommend)

#10049 2 years ago

As it relates to game restarting I have gotten a bad habit of it until today. I took the advice on the thread to move the out lane post closer. Both of mine were in the middle. I ONLY moved the left down to the closest notch and I did not feel the need to restart one time. I know, I know, it makes the game easier but that left out lane is horrific. I could not advance in the game at all because of it.
Nothing says you have to leave it there but I would highly recommend trying it out, after all pinball is supposed to be fun

#10050 2 years ago
Quoted from PapaBless:

As it relates to game restarting I have gotten a bad habit of it until today. I took the advice on the thread to move the out lane post closer. Both of mine were in the middle. I ONLY moved the left down to the closest notch and I did not feel the need to restart one time. I know, I know, it makes the game easier but that left out lane is horrific. I could not advance in the game at all because of it.
Nothing says you have to leave it there but I would highly recommend trying it out, after all pinball is supposed to be fun

I haven't adjusted the outlane posts. I feel like both sides are brutal. The left is hopeless from some shots that don't go all the way around the big loop. But to me, the right is far worse. If the ball comes out of that area slowly I know it is almost never going to go into the right inlane and almost always go into the right outlane even when I see it coming and try to intervene.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Richmond, VA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 240.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

9,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Gilroy, CA
$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Brookings, OR
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 27,382 posts in this topic. You are on page 201 of 548.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/201 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.