Screenshot_20240408_215256_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1439 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408-172718 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240408-172819 (resized).png
IMG_0307 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5052 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,316 posts in this topic. You are on page 200 of 547.
#9951 1 year ago
Quoted from flipper73:

Hello guys do you know where this shooter plate can be found?
Thank you for your help.
Ralf
[quoted image]

Make your own if you're handy with photoshop. Then send it to a place that will print it on a durable vinyl sticker, like here:
https://www.stickeryou.com/products/die-cut-sticker-pages/750

Hardest part would be making the template to put the art on, but I can't imagine that taking more than 15 minutes to dial in.

#9952 1 year ago
Quoted from Av8:

Mine is 3/22 build also. Look flat but I'll check tonight.

Mine is a 3/31 build and it didn't show signs of warping as I rarely have rejects from anywhere that go SDTM. However, all this talk made me check it with a straight edge. Luckily, playfield seems very flat with the straight edge so no warping here.

#9953 1 year ago
Quoted from flipper73:

Hello guys do you know where this shooter plate can be found?
Thank you for your help.
Ralf
[quoted image]

Avengers shooter rod looks good also.

#9954 1 year ago

Scored a Bandi Mecha. 5.5 inch tall. How do I secure it? Screws in to feet?

20220420_161052 (resized).jpg20220420_161052 (resized).jpg
#9955 1 year ago

I am probably picking nits now, but does anyone have inconsistent feeds to the upper flipper when you hit either the big loop or the heat ray center spinner shot? I watched enough streams where most machines will consistently feed just right of the upper flipper so you can make a big loop shot. The ball goes around, hugs the left wall of the left ramp shot and feeds right next to the upper flipper. On mine, a smaller percentage of shots will bounce away from the upper flipper making it hard for the flipper to reach it and make the big loop shot. I took this slow motion video and it seems that sometimes when the ball feeds from the big loop/center spinner shot, it slams into the left wall of the left ramp shot and rattles around a bit. This rattling sometimes makes it not hug that left wall and deflect away from the upper flipper.

I may be picking nits, but surely there is something that I can adjust, just not sure where to start. I was thinking the end of where the big loop/center spinner feeds the left ramp lane. It would seem that if it fed it on a more downward trajectory, it would hug the wall more easily.

Despite all of this, game plays great. Was able to rack up a high score of 1.8B in a week of ownership.

#9956 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Make your own if you're handy with photoshop. Then send it to a place that will print it on a durable vinyl sticker, like here:
https://www.stickeryou.com/products/die-cut-sticker-pages/750
Hardest part would be making the template to put the art on, but I can't imagine that taking more than 15 minutes to dial in.

you could use DIY vinyl sticker sheets (if you have a color printer), and put vinyl laminate over the top. would run maybe $20 in raw mats, but you'd be able to make a bunch of other stickers, too.

#9957 1 year ago
Quoted from Av8:

Scored a Bandi Mecha. 5.5 inch tall. How do I secure it? Screws in to feet?
[quoted image]

Outdoor 3M pads cut to fit his feet!

#9958 1 year ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

This rattling sometimes makes it not hug that left wall and deflect away from the upper flipper.
I may be picking nits, but surely there is something that I can adjust, just not sure where to start. I was thinking the end of where the big loop/center spinner feeds the left ramp lane. It would seem that if it fed it on a more downward trajectory, it would hug the wall more easily.

First things first. Check your left to right level at the bottom and top of the playfield with a physical level (not an app). Godzilla is super-sensitive to level, so it needs to be dead on. A quarter turn of the leg leveler can make the difference between frustrating and fantastic play.

Once you have it level, if it's still doing this, there's a lane guide there right where the orbit comes out that you can reposition or tweak a little so it's more curved than straight to stop it from throwing the ball directly into the wall.

#9959 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

First things first. Check your left to right level at the bottom and top of the playfield with a physical level (not an app). Godzilla is super-sensitive to level, so it needs to be dead on. A quarter turn of the leg leveler can make the difference between frustrating and fantastic play.
Once you have it level, if it's still doing this, there's a lane guide there right where the orbit comes out that you can reposition or tweak a little so it's more curved than straight to stop it from throwing the ball directly into the wall.

Is something like this ok or does it need to be longer on the sides to get a better reading?

Digital Electronic Level and Angle Gauge, Angle Finder with Bubble Level and Magnetic Base, High Contrast Display for All Environment, Measuring Tool for Carpentry, Building, Automobile, Masonry https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08HN47DJZ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_0B8A8D4TJGEH88G9M5ZG

#9960 1 year ago
Quoted from KneeKickLou:

Is something like this ok or does it need to be longer on the sides to get a better reading?
Digital Electronic Level and Angle Gauge, Angle Finder with Bubble Level and Magnetic Base, High Contrast Display for All Environment, Measuring Tool for Carpentry, Building, Automobile, Masonry amazon.com link »

12-Inch Digital Torpedo Level and Protractor Aluminum Inclinometer Angle Finder with Backlight LED Display & V-Groove Magnetic Base, IP54 Dust/Water Resistant Smart Level https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0923QZNN9/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_i_ZYAKQBXDCQD9QADJ1H9J
I use this, it has audio as well so easy to level

#9961 1 year ago
Quoted from KneeKickLou:

Digital Electronic Level and Angle Gauge, Angle Finder with Bubble Level and Magnetic Base, High Contrast Display for All Environment, Measuring Tool for Carpentry, Building, Automobile, Masonry amazon.com link »

I would go with a longer one so you get a more accurate reading. Something like q 10" or 12" level.

Also, might want to put a straightedge on your playfield just to make sure it's not warped concave or convex. Some Godzillas have been showing up with concave playfields lately.

#9962 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Well, I just played after adjusting level a little bit more to the left and it is better. The Godzilla multiball release is also a tad better now too. I just put up my highest score so I think I will leave it as is. This game is seriously awesome. Love the risk/reward aspect of destroying cities.
FCAA2A47-BE6F-42DB-BF66-71E52FD97CF1 (resized).jpegFCAA2A47-BE6F-42DB-BF66-71E52FD97CF1 (resized).jpeg

#9963 1 year ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

Well, I just played after adjusting level a little bit more to the left and it is better. The Godzilla multiball release is also a tad better now too. I just put up my highest score so I think I will leave it as is. This game is seriously awesome. Love the risk/reward aspect of destroying cities.
[quoted image]

Great to hear! These Godzillas should ship with an "ATTENTION" sign right in the middle of the playfield with instructions for making sure the level is exactly right. They're very sensitive to level.

#9964 1 year ago
Quoted from nocreditdot:

HAs anyone installed the updated buildings from Mezel Mods?

. (deleted, I misread...)

#9965 1 year ago

Alright, feeling a little vulnerable this Friday...

According to Stern Insider, my average score on my GZ Pro is 104,963,657. This is after about 120(ish) games on the machine, but I certainly feel I could be doing better. My high score is around 640M.

Curious if others are willing to share what theirs is? I have the game setup with default settings (EBs, outlanes, feature specific settings, etc.), but have really been flirting with easing things up. I don't want to move the outlane posts (feels like cheating), but at the same time I don't feel like I'm even scratching the surface of this game yet.

Maybe I just need to chill out, and realize I'm not going to blow it up, three weeks into ownership. I mean, this is what makes a HUO game awesome, right?!?

#9966 1 year ago
Quoted from ZAuxier:

According to Stern Insider, my average score on my GZ Pro is 104,963,657. This is after about 120(ish) games on the machine, but I certainly feel I could be doing better. My high score is around 640M.

Curious if others are willing to share what theirs is? I have the game setup with default settings (EBs, outlanes, feature specific settings, etc.), but have really been flirting with easing things up. I don't want to move the outlane posts (feels like cheating), but at the same time I don't feel like I'm even scratching the surface of this game yet.

Maybe I just need to chill out, and realize I'm not going to blow it up, three weeks into ownership. I mean, this is what makes a HUO game awesome, right?!?

My average after 225 games played is 291,627,215 but honestly I wouldn't worry so much about your average score, it's all about the outlier games when you do everything right. One thing to note, these plays are all location plays, if I had the machine in my basement my average would be way lower due to lots of (bad habit) game restarts.

Interesting fact: It looks as though I've scored over 65 Billion points on this game all combined.

#9967 1 year ago
Quoted from ZAuxier:

I don’t always remember to login, but mine says 142 plays with an average of 308 million.

#9968 1 year ago

Chuckwurt,
Your vid helped alot in raising my scores ... that and closing up the outlanes.

#9969 1 year ago
Quoted from ZAuxier:

Well if it makes you feel better, I've had the game since late fall and my high score is about 150M!

#9970 1 year ago

What I really like about this game is even if your score is somewhat low, there is so much action / sounds/ shaker going on that it's still a lot of fun.

#9971 1 year ago
Quoted from ZAuxier:

Here's where I'm at with the (3) Sterns I have at home with Insider Connected... Deadpool and AIQ I had for quite a while prior to installing IC and my high score is higher on both than what is shown, but I have thousands of plays on both. All games are factory settings and outlanes, 6.8°~7.0° with semi-tight tilt and normal extra balls on.

AIQ I just seem to have a special relationship with and seemingly have a 'good' game almost every time I play it for whatever reason.

Godzilla - I'm still learning and getting a feel for all of the shots so that they happen more automatically. Definitely I'm not up to speed on all of the rules intricacy's yet. Loving it so far though!

awesome1 Stern Insider Connected 4-22-22 (resized).jpgawesome1 Stern Insider Connected 4-22-22 (resized).jpg
#9972 1 year ago

My average score and play count stats are meaningless because I go through phases of restarting after ball one at least 5-10x more than playing through a full game. Unless something has changed, Stern counts those one-ball (or sub one-ball games if I don't even wait to drain before resetting) towards the counts and averages.

Beyond that, something else I'd like to see Stern take into account (or provide enduser options to do so) would be segregating stats based on code version. Scoring can change dramatically as a game goes from release code to final (if there is such a thing). It'd be cool to be able to view score and stat analysis specific to a current or historical code revision.

#9973 1 year ago

Would you guys add Pinstadium to a Gzl LE?

#9974 1 year ago
Quoted from Schaitas:

Never.

The Lightshow is great on Godzilla and not dark.

#9975 1 year ago
Quoted from Schaitas:

pinstadiums are like franks red hot...I put that shit on every machine.

#9976 1 year ago

No lighting on it already perfect.

Quoted from Schaitas:

#9977 1 year ago
Quoted from DVDA:

pinstadiums are like franks red hot...I put that shit on every machine.

If you had 2 Pinstadium sets and these 4 machines - which 2 you you install them in? (Ehoh prem, Gdzla LE, Mando LE, SW Prem)

#9978 1 year ago
Quoted from ZAuxier:

similar high, many more plays. i still have my outlane posts set to factory (middle)

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#9979 1 year ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

similar high, many more plays. i still have my outlane posts set to factory (middle)[quoted image]

I'm in the same boat. I accept the fact I am an awful player - which is a total lie because I don't.

But I'm nothing if not persistent.

#9980 1 year ago

Checked my insider connected for the first time based on the discussion, and noticed I never started saucer multiball. I didn't even know there was one. High score of 978M, but a low average of 120M.

#9981 1 year ago
Quoted from Schaitas:

If you had 2 Pinstadium sets and these 4 machines - which 2 you you install them in? (Ehoh prem, Gdzla LE, Mando LE, SW Prem)

I would buy 2 more pinstadiums but until you get the other 2 sets I would say Mando & gdzla

#9982 1 year ago
Quoted from GroggyFrogFace:

I'm in the same boat. I accept the fact I am an awful player - which is a total lie because I don't.
But I'm nothing if not persistent.

GZ is my 5th machine, and i was never amazing, but it's made me *want* to improve more than any other before it. I've cleaned up my catching, and I'm trying to learn more measured nudging, because man, are those side drains frustrating.

#9983 1 year ago
Quoted from shaub:

My average after 225 games played is 291,627,215 but honestly I wouldn't worry so much about your average score, it's all about the outlier games when you do everything right. One thing to note, these plays are all location plays, if I had the machine in my basement my average would be way lower due to lots of (bad habit) game restarts.
Interesting fact: It looks as though I've scored over 65 Billion points on this game all combined.

Dear lord, you've put on 225 location olaye

Quoted from shaub:

Dear LORD, that's an impressive amount of games to have on a location Godzilla! Seems like there's some great scores in there as well.

I really appreciate the lively discussion on this. I'm going to keep dialing in the shots, and work better with the setup I currently have. I also turned off the ability to restart a game, so that probably adds to the frustration after a 10M ball one. However, it certainly makes the next game that much more exciting to start.

#9984 1 year ago
Quoted from ZAuxier:

Curious if others are willing to share what theirs is?

Karl blew up the new code with 47 Billion score a couple days ago.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1462290195?t=03h00m16s

Once you realize you'll never be that good you can just enjoy the game. But watching his stream you can learn strategies to make your mortal realm scores higher.

#9985 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Karl blew up the new code with 47 Billion score a couple days ago.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1462290195?t=03h00m16s
Once you realize you'll never be that good you can just enjoy the game. But watching his stream you can learn strategies to make your mortal realm scores higher.

karl has been a big part of my improvements, and even has gotten me into setting up streaming, as well. solid dude.

#9986 1 year ago
Quoted from ZAuxier:

Dear LORD, that's an impressive amount of games to have on a location Godzilla! Seems like there's some great scores in there as well.

haha, ya know, I never thought about it but yeah, I've plugged a lot of loonies in that bastard.

#9987 1 year ago
Quoted from Schaitas:

I'd probably just make sure I had enough space in my trash can, and then just toss them in there.

#9988 1 year ago

Just started up my brand new Godzilla premium for the first time… and I am missing node board 1, 8, 9, 10.

I’ve emailed Stern… but any ideas while I await them reaching out?

#9989 1 year ago
Quoted from Jkaping:

Just started up my brand new Godzilla premium for the first time… and I am missing node board 1, 8, 9, 10.

reseat your connectors

#9990 1 year ago
Quoted from Jkaping:

Close coin door

#9991 1 year ago
Quoted from Schaitas:

I wouldn’t waste the money. If it’s a bit too dark for you just add spotlights from comet pinball by the slings. I did plus through lighting and made a big difference.

#9992 1 year ago
Quoted from Jkaping:

Make sure the switch on the left by the coin door is closed. Pull it it out and then close the coin door.

#9993 1 year ago
Quoted from Budman:

What I really like about this game is even if your score is somewhat low, there is so much action / sounds/ shaker going on that it's still a lot of fun.

I suck at pinball, highest score on GZ is like 325 million. But even if I score only 20million I still have a blast! It’s just pure fun no matter what score I get.

#9994 1 year ago

Hey there. First time setup. I have these two separate molex cables and don't know what they're about. They do NOT connect to each other. Any tips?

TIA

20220422_163537 (resized).jpg20220422_163537 (resized).jpg20220422_163542 (resized).jpg20220422_163542 (resized).jpg
#9995 1 year ago

Leave em. They are for dollar bill accepters.

#9996 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Leave em. They are for dollar bill accepters.

Thanks man. You're always helpful.

#9997 1 year ago
Quoted from ZAuxier:

32C2D798-85D9-44B9-B703-9EF67EAB8FE0 (resized).jpeg32C2D798-85D9-44B9-B703-9EF67EAB8FE0 (resized).jpeg
#9998 1 year ago
Quoted from ZAuxier:

It's not what score you put up, it's how the game makes you feel while playing and afterwards.

#9999 1 year ago
Quoted from Schaitas:

Absolutely. I wouldn't be without them. Even in a well lit room they make any playfield pop and add to my enjoyment of the game. I usually don't connect the UV flasher because I think it's too much, but that's me. Some will say don't waste your money, they're too expensive, or make your own, but you have to experience them yourself and make your own decision. I have 3 sets that I bought on sale over the years and move from one game to the other as the collection changes. Plus the pinstadium customer service is second to none.

#10000 1 year ago
Quoted from Schaitas:

Lord No!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 45.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 125.88
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ChainsawMods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Dacula, GA
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 80.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

Machine - For Sale
Tampa, FL
16,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Performance Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 27,316 posts in this topic. You are on page 200 of 547.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/200?hl=simpleskin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.