IMG_1384 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0814 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0815 (resized).jpeg
20240319_163550 (resized).jpg
20240319_163609 (resized).jpg
20240319_163600 (resized).jpg
20240318_181310 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,176 posts in this topic. You are on page 199 of 544.
#9901 1 year ago
Quoted from pluto:

Two questions for the group here:
1) Anyone have issues with their VUK taking multiple attempts to kick the balls to the top of the building? I hear the coil firing but the ball isn't kicked up. After a few attempts it usually makes it up there. A handful of times it even took so long to get up there it went into ball search and actually drained the ball that was already locked up there. Very weird.
2) Any good scoring paths people have discovered? I'm hovering around 250m per game but really want to hit that Billion mark. Are people going for Planet X or just destroying a city for annihilation and carnage bonuses to really boost their score? Would love to hear some strats!

1) Always does it on the second try on mine.

2) My strategy is as follows, but my high score is still shy of 2 billion. Concentrate on the battle modes, but realize that some of these modes are easier than others. I have found that the modes are vastly different and the bottom mode is always the hardest for me. I usually go for Titanasaurus first. If I get a power up of extra time on a tier 1 battle I prioritize Gigan as it always takes me a little too long. Ebirah is 2nd or 3rd, and the bottom one dead last. If you can complete 2 modes you get an extra ball, so I always prioritize completing modes and changing cities. I try to save my charge up blast thingy for when I have to hit the maser cannon or the third Titanasaurus shot by the right ramp. I have never defeated all 4 monsters, but I consistently get close. Great game!

#9902 1 year ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Was your game NIB or previous owner? You might want to go into setting and check the VUK power for the building. If it's default setting try increasing it in small increments of like "10" and see how it pans out.

I turned mine down a bit actually.

Quoted from rob3:

On the VUK, I took the power down I think 10-20 notches and it fixed it. Went from 1/5 fails to 1/20.
I’ve also dropped both flippers power a bit. I find the lower power on the left makes the ball fly off mecha godzillas belly less and also makes the right scooper easier to hit.

Same here, worked for me too

#9903 1 year ago
Quoted from pluto:

2) Any good scoring paths people have discovered? I'm hovering around 250m per game but really want to hit that Billion mark. Are people going for Planet X or just destroying a city for annihilation and carnage bonuses to really boost their score? Would love to hear some strats!

Few tips I've picked up along the way:

1) City selection matters, because the completion perks are different & some are more valuable than others. I go Tokyo--London--NY---Paris.

2) I play to complete a city before moving on, which is why I rarely get to Tier 2 battles & haven't come close to sniffing Planet X yet. After beating the Kaiju, I'm focused on completing tanks/tesla/bridge modes, then hitting the roaming post-mode targets to add the the Carnage bonus payout when I move onto another city. Plus Destruction jackpots earned & GZ/MechaGZ multiball scoring all adds percentages to that Carnage bonus. It can be a huge scoring factor.

3) This strategy really turns GZ into a heavily focused single ball game, because I'm pretty sure you'll lose those carnage bonuses if you drain before moving to another city. Add in the fact that you've likely started Hedorah on that ball, plus getting rodan 2x running, and taking multiballs as they come, and you can be raking up big scores on your first ball in Tokyo. After completing all that in Tokyo, I'm just taking what the game is giving me at that point.

4) And know your extra ball basics by heart...

10 fighter jets
3 saucers defeated
2 cities conquered
5 City combos

And if you're always playing Tokyo then London, simply memorized those 6 city combo shots & be focused on getting those ASAP. That's a 4th extra ball that many people don't kink about. GZ has so much going on at all times. You brain really has to keep everything straight because it's real easy to lose focus on what you're doing.

It is without question IMO, the greatest modern pin ever made. And it's not even fully coded yet. I hope Stern never stops producing GZ because everyone should own one.

#9904 1 year ago
Quoted from pluto:

Two questions for the group here:
1) Anyone have issues with their VUK taking multiple attempts to kick the balls to the top of the building? I hear the coil firing but the ball isn't kicked up. After a few attempts it usually makes it up there. A handful of times it even took so long to get up there it went into ball search and actually drained the ball that was already locked up there. Very weird.

I don't have a problem with the balls making it to the roof but I do have a problem where about 1/10 balls does not get registered and I have to wait for a ball search to start and for the building to lower. It would be nice if there was logic that if the VUK fires and a ball goes missing that the game just assumes it made it to the roof. I have looked at the opto and everything seems properly aligned. Not sure why some balls are not detected.

#9905 1 year ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

I'm pretty sure you'll lose those carnage bonuses if you drain before moving to another city.

The bonuses stay, the multipliers do not.

#9906 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

The bonuses stay, the multipliers do not.

Ah ok. Thanks for clarifying.

Another thing I find when I'm deep into a game, and it's ball 3 & I just drained my 2nd extra ball, that I'm wincing & just hoping another extra ball pops into the shooter lane. With so much going on, I'll lose track of how many EBs I think I've earned. When that unexpected extra ball kicks into the shooter lane....oh what a feeling! F yeah! Let's keep going! Just a few more modes!

#9907 1 year ago

Haha. Yeah. Then that feeling of elation is followed by an immediate drain. Hahaha

#9908 1 year ago
Quoted from spidey:

I’m having this same issue but am considering the possibility that the playfield itself isn’t flat. If I drop a ball from the magnet, it rolls STDM. But if I drop a ball from the right of center, the ball rolls left. I put a bubble level on the playfield and see a huge difference between the left and right sides of the playfield. Anybody else seen this with a level?

Well I do have a warped playfield.
B5230C32-3C39-40F8-BB31-A0711D51496B (resized).jpegB5230C32-3C39-40F8-BB31-A0711D51496B (resized).jpeg
Stern will take care of me though.

#9909 1 year ago

Damn bummer. Populated PF time.

#9910 1 year ago
Quoted from spidey:

[quoted image]

Hope they will send a populated one to ya.

#9911 1 year ago
Quoted from troon47:

I've set my level three different ways and a failed

I've set my level three different ways and anything other than a perfect upper ramp is shot is still about 75% STDM, and the failed shot is because the left flipper is too weak to get it up the ramp. And I've changed coil stops, sleeves, EOS switch timing, max strength etc.....big frustrating flaw in this game, at least on my LE.

Your playfield might be warped convex or concave. It's not completely out of the question. Stern has shipped warped playfields occasionally. Put a straightedge on it left to right and see if it lies flat. No amount of leveling will compensate if you have a warped playfield. It will always do weird things and need replacement to truly fix it.

#9912 1 year ago
Quoted from spidey:

[quoted image]

Man oh man. I feel your pain. I had a GB with a warped playfield with middle higher than the sides- almost a 1/4" out. It was impossible to play. Sent out-PF I got back had WORSE WARP. they finally hooked me up but damn it was painful.

#9913 1 year ago
Quoted from wisefwumyogwave:

Man oh man. I feel your pain. I had a GB with a warped playfield with middle higher than the sides- almost a 1/4" out. It was impossible to play. Sent out PF got back one WITH WORSE WARP. they finally hooked me up but damn it was painful.

Well that's encouraging! I'll just hope it's a one off and the next one will be good.

#9914 1 year ago
Quoted from spidey:

Well that's encouraging! I'll just hope it's a one off and the next one will be good.

This was the rumored cause of many of us getting our final invoices three weeks ago only to not have machines shipped. They apparently discovered warped playfields and some machines got held back until they could be replaced. I don't know what's worse. Not getting a machine or getting one that's warped and has to go back. I think the people who got warped playfields delivered will probably get them replaced before I even get my machine. First world problems.

#9915 1 year ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

This was the rumored cause of many of us getting our final invoices three weeks ago only to not have machines shipped. They apparently discovered warped playfields and some machines got held back until they could be replaced. I don't know what's worse. Not getting a machine or getting one that's warped and has to go back. I think the people who got warped playfields delivered will probably get them replaced before I even get my machine. First world problems.

As someone expecting a Premium on the July run thanks to you guys for taking one for the team. I figure it’s less likely now going forward if they’re on the lookout for a problem. Sucks for you, and anyone who has to get the PF replaced - but I really feel for the “newbie” buyer who has a warped PF and doesn’t even know it. Hopefully not too many of those…

#9916 1 year ago
Quoted from Pugster:

I figure it’s less likely now going forward if they’re on the lookout for a problem.

They have been sending out warped playfield for several years, why would they stop now...

#9917 1 year ago

Here is my idea for improving magnet grab, place a 2mm silicone bumper pad on side of lane to jog ball and slow down a bit so magnet will work better.

Godzilla magnet Grab Fix (resized).jpgGodzilla magnet Grab Fix (resized).jpg
#9918 1 year ago
Quoted from Kent_Diego:

Here is my idea for improving magnet grab, place a 2mm silicone bumper pad on side of lane to jog ball and slow down a bit so magnet will work better.[quoted image]

I am going to guess that the little bumber thing will end up somewhere else shortly after you put it in there.

#9919 1 year ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

I am going to guess that the little bumber thing will end up somewhere else shortly after you put it in there.

I have had great luck with these in other games. Clean surface with alcohol first and they stay on.

#9920 1 year ago
Quoted from Kent_Diego:

I have had great luck with these in other games. Clean surface with alcohol first and they stay on.

You put them on ball guides? I wouldn't want something slowing down a wallop shot personally and potentially end up not making it since its already super tough to make.

#9921 1 year ago

SOLD Anybody want to buy a new set of the official Stern / Godzilla Art Blades? I decided to not install on my machine as I think its a little too busy. $50 shipped SOLD

#9922 1 year ago
Quoted from Kent_Diego:

Here is my idea for improving magnet grab

Seems like that would cause a lot of havoc with shots through the building and wallop shots.

#9923 1 year ago
Quoted from RetroGamerJP:

Anybody want to buy a new set of the official Stern / Godzilla Art Blades? I decided to not install on my machine as I think its a little too busy. $50 shipped

Hell of a deal!

#9924 1 year ago

Anybody want to buy a new set of the official Stern / Godzilla Art Blades? I decided to not install on my machine as I think its a little too busy. $50 shipped

Yeah I would PM sent

#9925 1 year ago
Quoted from Kent_Diego:

Here is my idea for improving magnet grab, place a 2mm silicone bumper pad on side of lane to jog ball and slow down a bit so magnet will work better.[quoted image]

There are already settings in the game to delay the mag grab. Try that first.

#9926 1 year ago
Quoted from spidey:

[quoted image]

What’s your build date?

#9927 1 year ago

I'll PM you tomorrow. But I think I'll take them

#9928 1 year ago

Side armor arrives tomorrow from Pinball Life.

#9929 1 year ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

Suspicion confirmed.

Quoted from Stebel:

What’s your build date?

March 30

#9930 1 year ago

2 weeks in... Learning more and making progress!

Really enjoying everything about this game so far!

IMG_2648 (resized).JPGIMG_2648 (resized).JPG
#9931 1 year ago
Quoted from spidey:

[quoted image]

Are you being sarcastic that they will take care of you or do you know they will. Mine is on the way so it's gonna be from that batch.

#9932 1 year ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Thanks for the tips (and thanks to others as well). I have gun oil and had used to see if it would help the spinning. That was before I looked and saw the significant gap between the bar and the actuator vs. the other ones that are in light contact at rest.
I have a feeling I'll need to disassemble at least some of the stuff in that area to probably bend (I have the leaf switch tool). Will report back after trying (maybe this weekend).

Avoid using

Quoted from tedwasright:

Are you being sarcastic that they will take care of you or do you know they will. Mine is on the way so it's gonna be from that batch.

mine was 3/22 build date. playfield seems fine , shoots great but now of course i will have to check with a straightedge

#9933 1 year ago
Quoted from spidey:

[quoted image]

My game was also built on March 30. I checked and the PF is flat. Thankful for that but I feel for you. I hope Stern sends you a populated PF!

#9934 1 year ago

I'm working on a mod that would run just during Destruction Jackpot countdown and can't find a way to trigger it. Is there a way to identify when it's time for Destruction Jackpot shot? Like from the moment the Newton grab gets the ball to shot time? I know there's a Destruction Jackpot insert that lights, but that doesn't quite do it because it lights at other times during the game (light shows), and it usually pulsates.

#9935 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

Just installed green armor on my premium.
Huge thanks to Steve at Pinball Refinery for doing the amazing powder coating job on this!
These pics below are under the regular dim lighting in my pinball room.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
These pics are under bright lighting from my LED tri pod light.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Where did you buy the banners?

#9936 1 year ago

Finally got FedEx tracking info for my Premium! Yay.

#9937 1 year ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

Finally got FedEx tracking info for my Premium! Yay.

#9938 1 year ago
Quoted from archimandrite:

I bought them from Great American Pinball here in Illinois but I’m local and I go there in person.

Good luck getting a hold of them on the phone they don’t pick up or call you back. Just had this conversation with another pinsider.

Most dealers can order them.

Try Hemisphere amusement, Cointaker
Or Tilt amusements.

Good luck

#9939 1 year ago
Quoted from spidey:

[quoted image]

Jesus that sucks. I better check mine. Populated swap is relatively easy I assume. Plug and play?

#9940 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

Avoid using

mine was 3/22 build date. playfield seems fine , shoots great but now of course i will have to check with a straightedge

Mine is 3/22 build also. Looks flat but I'll check tonight.

#9941 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

I bought them from Great American Pinball here in Illinois but I’m local and I go there in person.
Good luck getting a hold of them on the phone they don’t pick up or call you back. Just had this conversation with another pinsider.
Most dealers can order them.
Try Hemisphere amusement, Cointaker
Or Tilt amusements.
Good luck

Thanks.

#9942 1 year ago
Quoted from Av8:

Jesus that sucks. I better check mine. Populated swap is relatively easy I assume. Plug and play?

That's the plan although not sure when it will happen.

#9943 1 year ago
Quoted from archimandrite:

Marshall little Shop Of Games carries the banners.

#9944 1 year ago

Hello guys do you know where this shooter plate can be found?

Thank you for your help.

Ralf

7CD99FCB-1BE1-46C9-8D9A-20770554907B (resized).jpeg7CD99FCB-1BE1-46C9-8D9A-20770554907B (resized).jpeg
#9945 1 year ago

It only comes with the shooter rod.

#9946 1 year ago

HAs anyone installed the updated buildings from Mezel Mods?

#9947 1 year ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

It only comes with the shooter rod.

Ok - thank you!

What is the meaning of the Shooter Rod? Is it the egg of Godzilla?

#9948 1 year ago
Quoted from flipper73:

Ok - thank you!

It's a Mothra egg.

#9949 1 year ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

It's a Mothra egg.

Thank you!

#9950 1 year ago
Quoted from flipper73:

Ok - thank you!

Mothra egg is poor quality and expensive .I went with the AIQ shooter for the same money it lights up and is a solid piece !

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wilmington, NC
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball
Sound/Speakers
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 159.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation
Shooter rods
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods
Toys/Add-ons
€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
17,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Performance Pinball
Shooter rods
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop
Backbox
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy
Protection
17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Loveland, CO
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
There are 27,176 posts in this topic. You are on page 199 of 544.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/199?hl=poopsmagee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.