PXL_20240415_201849415 (resized).jpg
IMG_2601 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2538 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1444 (resized).jpg
IMG_7006.jpg
gdz opto receiver (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,390 posts in this topic. You are on page 198 of 548.
#9851 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

My most common magna issue is solid shots through the building when magna is lit blowing right past it (despite the magnet activating to try to grab it)

Isn't that what the delay and hold adjustments are for? Maybe tighten up the delay (which I think is the time between the switch activation and when the magnet pulses) a little bit so it catches faster balls?

#9852 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yes. There are no tier 2 battles in Tokyo

Any secrets to the spinner to pop Tokyo city combo? I swear a direct hit from the spinner, hold left upper to the pop has not registered consistently.

#9853 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

So it sounds like you are in the building menu which would be Diagnostics/Game-Specific Tests/Building Stepper Motor Test
Once in that menu you just have to:
1. Close the coin door
2. Press the start button to switch from Move Mode to Adjust Mode (photos below for reference)
3. Use the flipper buttons to adjust the building height so that the entrance is flush with the playfield.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

A Million thanks to Palmer for these fantastic instructions. I have been dealing with my ball getting stuck at the entrance to the Drake building, ever since purchase. Your instructions were extremely informative and made making the adjustment soooooo easy. Thank you!

#9854 2 years ago
Quoted from rob3:

Any secrets to the spinner to pop Tokyo city combo? I swear a direct hit from the spinner, hold left upper to the pop has not registered consistently.

Maybe you have another switch that registers sometimes before the pop by accident.

#9855 2 years ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

I have played a handful of games on my new Godzilla and the only "big" thing I see on my Godzilla that doesn't seem right is the "MagnaGrab". When it is lit from the right inlane and I hit it with a good strength shot, it just bounces off the magnet and doesn't catch. It definitely registers because the MagnaGrab light goes out. Occasionally, I do see it catch the ball with softer or glancing blows. Everything else about the magnet seems to be working like the Destruction Jackpot and swinging the ball to the upper flipper.
Anyone else experience this? Is there something that I am missing? I see there are two adjustments in the Game menu for the magnet but unsure of what each does.

Mine does the exact same thing. I emailed Stern and they had me swap the node boards to see if it was a driver issue. Both node boards give the same result. I also notice that sometimes when the building shot is made it doesn’t swing the ball like it should and it lets slide by and SDTM. Hopefully they fix it with the next code update.

#9856 2 years ago
Quoted from OutlawTorn304:

Mine does the exact same thing. I emailed Stern and they had me swap the node boards to see if it was a driver issue. Both node boards give the same result. I also notice that sometimes when the building shot is made it doesn’t swing the ball like it should and it lets slide by and SDTM. Hopefully they fix it with the next code update.

I am getting the same magnet action on mine as you

#9857 2 years ago

When the ball is auto launched, where should it be good? Mine often hits the side of the magnet, and goes SDTM.

Another thing I'm noticing very often, at least once per game, is that a shot to the right ramp will rattle side to side rather than go up the ramp all the way, and then roll down the ramp for a SDTM.

It's happening a lot! Is this supposed to happen on failed Ramos shots? It's like a 90% chance of SDTM.

#9858 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

I am getting the same magnet action on mine as you

Have you changed the magnet timing delay in the settings to try it a little tighter (but not too tight, so it misses medium speed balls)? That adjustment is the amount of time between when the building switch is triggered by the ball and the magnet fires to grab that ball as it goes past.

#9859 2 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

When the ball is auto launched, where should it be good? Mine often hits the side of the magnet, and goes SDTM.
Another thing I'm noticing very often, at least once per game, is that a shot to the right ramp will rattle side to side rather than go up the ramp all the way, and then roll down the ramp for a SDTM.
It's happening a lot! Is this supposed to happen on failed Ramos shots? It's like a 90% chance of SDTM.

Same here and its aggravating as hell. If someone has found a power adjustment for the auto launch that works, please share. As far as the ramp shots go, that's just part of it. Make sure you are getting a clean shot with ample ass behind the ball.

#9860 2 years ago

Same here and its aggravating as hell. If someone has found a power adjustment for the auto launch that works, please share. As far as the ramp shots go, that's just part of it. Make sure you are getting a clean shot with ample ass behind the ball.

So balls rolling back down the right ramp are almost always supposed to go SDTM?

If I accidentally hit the ramp from the upper flipper, that a 90% SDTM too.

#9861 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Have you changed the magnet timing delay in the settings to try it a little tighter (but not too tight, so it misses medium speed balls)? That adjustment is the amount of time between when the building switch is triggered by the ball and the magnet fires to grab that ball as it goes past.

I have not but I’ll try it out thanks!

#9862 2 years ago

Joined the club! Didn’t care for the theme when it was announced, but after playing it it is too fun to pass on.

48F9520F-EB91-4A9F-84ED-125455390815 (resized).jpeg48F9520F-EB91-4A9F-84ED-125455390815 (resized).jpeg90D8E4FC-0E23-4CD2-9351-771DA0284255 (resized).jpeg90D8E4FC-0E23-4CD2-9351-771DA0284255 (resized).jpeg
#9863 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Factory delay is 0 already

#9864 2 years ago

Factory delay is 0 already

Then maybe it's firing too soon? Try incrementing it 25 at a time and see if you can find an improved spot.

#9865 2 years ago

So balls rolling back down the right ramp are almost always supposed to go SDTM?

It should almost never go SDTM. Check your level.

#9866 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Then maybe it's firing too soon? Try incrementing it 25 at a time and see if you can find an improved spot.

Possible but that could most likely be adjusted out with the holding time setting. I’ll play with it more tomorrow when I have some time

#9867 2 years ago

I’ve found that as the code has been updated, the magna grab seems to be grabbing the ball less often. I’m referring to the moment when the manga grab insert is lit, you hit the magnet, the magnetic Godzilla animation plays, and the imposter insert is lit. I played a game the other night when it didn’t grab it at all in that moment.

But it’s functioning fine for all other moments, like Destruction Jackpots, etc. I’m guessing it’s a coding thing that needs to be adjusted again.

#9868 2 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

I’ve found that as the code has been updated, the magna grab seems to be grabbing the ball less often. I’m referring to the moment when the manga grab insert is lit, you hit the magnet, the magnetic Godzilla animation plays, and the imposter insert is lit. I played a game the other night when it didn’t grab it at all in that moment.
But it’s functioning fine for all other moments, like Destruction Jackpots, etc. I’m guessing it’s a coding thing that needs to be adjusted again.

Agree, maybe it was adjusted to make magnet last longer or something but it’s noticeable. Doesn’t really affect gameplay though I guess.

#9869 2 years ago

We discussed this a bit ago yesterday on the thread. One recommendation was 122 for the auto launch, but I found mine is closer to 120. Regardless, dialing it down made it so the balls wouldn't just slam into the right side of the magnet.

#9870 2 years ago
Quoted from ZAuxier:

We discussed this a bit ago yesterday on the thread. One recommendation was 122 for the auto launch, but I found mine is closer to 120. Regardless, dialing it down made it so the balls wouldn't just slam into the right side of the magnet.

I settled around 130 I think. Still gets the ball up and out but doesn’t let it roll back down the middle

#9871 2 years ago

If I accidentally hit the ramp from the upper flipper, that a 90% SDTM too.

This is why the pinball gods invented nudging. Balls rolling back off a missed ramp shot go SDTM in like 90% of all games

#9872 2 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Could have been an inadvertent bug. Or maybe on purpose to reduce heat

#9873 2 years ago

Lots of pages on this thread. Not sure if this has been covered, but my magna grab doesn’t seem to drop the ball far enough to the left so the upper flipper can get a clean shot for the loop. I can barely hit the ball with the upper flipper when the magnet drops it? The game is level too. Any suggestions?

#9874 2 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

Lots of pages on this thread. Not sure if this has been covered, but my magna grab doesn’t seem to drop the ball far enough to the left so the upper flipper can get a clean shot for the loop. I can barely hit the ball with the upper flipper when the magnet drops it? The game is level too. Any suggestions?

I would double and triple check you level. Down by the flipper and the upper third of the game. Should drop it closer to the flipper for a perfect shot to the loop. The game give plenty of time for the ball to come to rest.

#9875 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I would double and triple check you level. Down by the flipper and the upper third of the game. Should drop it closer to the flipper for a perfect shot to the loop. The game give plenty of time for the ball to come to rest.

I checked the level multiple times. So weird. I can hit the ball with the upper flipper, but barely.

#9876 2 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

I checked the level multiple times. So weird. I can hit the ball with the upper flipper, but barely.

When the ball comes to rest on the magnet it should be on the left side of the magnet. Is it doing that?

Just drop the left side of your game by a couple turns of each leg.

#9877 2 years ago

I’ve been emailing back and forth with Stern about the funky magnet issues. Once they update me I’ll post it here.

#9878 2 years ago

Received and installed my Sleal16 UFO Saucer. Mine's the larger V2 style.

I have to say I am very impressed with the quality and the engineering used to mount it with no screws showing.

I think it actually lights up better than the original as well. Very well done and I highly recommend!

IMG_2594 (resized).JPGIMG_2594 (resized).JPGIMG_2595 (resized).JPGIMG_2595 (resized).JPGIMG_2609 (resized).JPGIMG_2609 (resized).JPG
#9879 2 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

What did you use to check the level? Where did you check level? What your describing is usually because it's off just a smidge. Godzilla is EXTREMELY sensitive to small changes in angle. The most sensitive since Star Wars, in my experience.

#9880 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

What did you use to check the level? Where did you check level? What your describing is usually because it's off just a smidge. Godzilla is EXTREMELY sensitive to small changes in angle. The most sensitive since Star Wars, in my experience.

You are correct, it was off just a hair on an older level. I used a newer and slightly larger level. I had to dial in the level perfectly. It’s now dropping the ball nicely onto the upper flipper. It’s amazing what a small amount did to improve the ball drop from the magnet. Thanks!

#9881 2 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

You are correct, it was off just a hair on an older level. I used a newer and slightly larger level. I had to dial in the level perfectly. It’s now dropping the ball nicely onto the upper flipper. It’s amazing what a small amount did to improve the ball drop from the magnet. Thanks!

Yes, it happens with tons of flippers. When i bought my TOTAN i was like: " wtf, when the fall falls from the genie it's always a SDTM.... " and in fact was just because it was not well balanced

#9882 2 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

Glad that worked for you. Godzilla can be affected positively or negatively by as little as a quarter turn of a leg leveler. It's SUPER PICKY for everything to work smoothly. Like I said, the only other game that I've run into that was this sensitive, at least recently, was Star Wars.

#9883 2 years ago

Got some cool led wire and wanted to play around so was inspired by Godzilla and made a Tokyo Sign - 59 x 94mm with lettering about 17.5mm high.

IMG_7731 (resized).JPGIMG_7731 (resized).JPGIMG_7732 (resized).JPGIMG_7732 (resized).JPG
#9884 2 years ago

Just installed green armor on my premium.

Huge thanks to Steve at Pinball Refinery for doing the amazing powder coating job on this!

These pics below are under the regular dim lighting in my pinball room.
1AA2EBDA-61E6-4F76-9FD7-363030D02F3D (resized).jpeg1AA2EBDA-61E6-4F76-9FD7-363030D02F3D (resized).jpeg1FC38D49-04F8-41B2-BC0F-01872D34BA9D (resized).jpeg1FC38D49-04F8-41B2-BC0F-01872D34BA9D (resized).jpegDF764B0C-7248-4966-80EE-F41A69BB719E (resized).jpegDF764B0C-7248-4966-80EE-F41A69BB719E (resized).jpeg

These pics are under bright lighting from my LED tri pod light.
9A1BD72F-8F23-4660-91C1-CFC937E06ED1 (resized).jpeg9A1BD72F-8F23-4660-91C1-CFC937E06ED1 (resized).jpegCD093411-D775-470A-9718-AFD04A5683AB (resized).jpegCD093411-D775-470A-9718-AFD04A5683AB (resized).jpeg45D011FE-99EC-41CB-B263-44467EE1D4F5 (resized).jpeg45D011FE-99EC-41CB-B263-44467EE1D4F5 (resized).jpeg2E1C14D6-D2B1-4E66-B3C4-427C49497E38 (resized).jpeg2E1C14D6-D2B1-4E66-B3C4-427C49497E38 (resized).jpeg79763672-9F44-4E6F-86B4-788B250BFB57 (resized).jpeg79763672-9F44-4E6F-86B4-788B250BFB57 (resized).jpeg

#9885 2 years ago

Two questions for the group here:
1) Anyone have issues with their VUK taking multiple attempts to kick the balls to the top of the building? I hear the coil firing but the ball isn't kicked up. After a few attempts it usually makes it up there. A handful of times it even took so long to get up there it went into ball search and actually drained the ball that was already locked up there. Very weird.

2) Any good scoring paths people have discovered? I'm hovering around 250m per game but really want to hit that Billion mark. Are people going for Planet X or just destroying a city for annihilation and carnage bonuses to really boost their score? Would love to hear some strats!

#9886 2 years ago
Quoted from pluto:

2) Any good scoring paths people have discovered? I'm hovering around 250m per game but really want to hit that Billion mark. Are people going for Planet X or just destroying a city for annihilation and carnage bonuses to really boost their score? Would love to hear some strats!

Concentrate on always having a heat ray ready and also be an expert on what gives you Allies. The key is to have 2x playfield or add a ball during modes and MBs if you can. Always go for the destruction JP when lit. The more you collect that the better it gets.

If you find yourself having a great ball stay in the city and try to do all the modes. That will make the bonus for leaving way better.

Also be an expert on what gives you EBs.

#9887 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

Just installed green armor on my premium.
Huge thanks to Steve at Pinball Refinery for doing the amazing powder coating job on this!

Steve does such great work! I will be chatting with him at Pinball at the Zoo this week about doing something very similar to my new Godzilla

#9888 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I've set my level three different ways and a failed

Quoted from chuckwurt:

I've set my level three different ways and anything other than a perfect upper ramp is shot is still about 75% STDM, and the failed shot is because the left flipper is too weak to get it up the ramp. And I've changed coil stops, sleeves, EOS switch timing, max strength etc.....big frustrating flaw in this game, at least on my LE.

#9889 2 years ago
Quoted from troon47:

I've set my level three different ways and anything other than a perfect upper ramp is shot is still about 75% STDM, and the failed shot is because the left flipper is too weak to get it up the ramp. And I've changed coil stops, sleeves, EOS switch timing, max strength etc.....big frustrating flaw in this game, at least on my LE.

I see you mentioned a while back that the alignment was below the holes. Did you end up moving them up? Don't see a comment if you did that or not. Also when you mine the flipper by hand, does it feel smooth?

And yeah, failed shots have been known to go sdtm. Mine is kinda 50/50 on their way back down. Either sdtm, or hits the top of the Mecha a little bit and bumps to the left

#9890 2 years ago
Quoted from pluto:

1) Anyone have issues with their VUK taking multiple attempts to kick the balls to the top of the building? I hear the coil firing but the ball isn't kicked up. After a few attempts it usually makes it up there. A handful of times it even took so long to get up there it went into ball search and actually drained the ball that was already locked up there. Very weird.

Was your game NIB or previous owner? You might want to go into setting and check the VUK power for the building. If it's default setting try increasing it in small increments of like "10" and see how it pans out.

#9891 2 years ago
Quoted from pluto:

VUK power could be too high. Some have posted in the past about lowering the power to the VUK to reduce rejects. Might be worth a try.

Quoted from VALIS666:

Set my VUK to 150 and now balls are loading on the roof very cleanly, no more rattles and re-tries.

Quoted from insight75:

I did put the power down on the VUK and I get less rejects up to the roof.

#9892 2 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

I’m having this same issue but am considering the possibility that the playfield itself isn’t flat. If I drop a ball from the magnet, it rolls STDM. But if I drop a ball from the right of center, the ball rolls left. I put a bubble level on the playfield and see a huge difference between the left and right sides of the playfield. Anybody else seen this with a level?

#9893 2 years ago
Quoted from jedi42:

I wouldn't mind some clarification on this. I replaced my backbox speakers with 4 inch 4 ohm speakers. No external amp. I changed the settings from 8 to 4 ohms to match my speakers. Are you saying it is OK to leave the setting at 8 ohms? Does that not overload amp or some other issue I have no idea about?

I don't think we are listening at volumes that could jeopardise the amp or speakers. Try in your settings switching back to 8ohm as the music is playing. The soundstage doubles in width.

Stern is programming something fishy into the impedance setting other than changing the output tap. On my hifi amplifier I have a 4, 8 and 16ohm tap on the speaker outputs. Changing these does not affect anything other than gain.

#9894 2 years ago
Quoted from pluto:

Mine is the same and I've played with the power a lot. Also, it was doing it on a friends machine I was playing a few days ago. I found that ducking down and looking at the ball exit to the top of the building to see if it's even reaching the top ( wondering whether it's bouncing back down or spinning back down like it can on TSPP upper playfield VUK ) I could see that the ball isn't even making it up there to be seen at all, even with power on max. My feeling is that when it fails, the ball possibly isn't sitting correctly on the coil plunger/cup. I've been meaning to lift the playfield and have a look at that to see if it's the case, maybe the plunger is set a little too high ( if it's even adjustable ). If it was just power related with it set on max you'd at least see it get to the top and bounce back, but no, it's not even getting there hence my feeling that something else is causing it, like the ball on coil plunger not being correct.

#9895 2 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

I’m having this same issue but am considering the possibility that the playfield itself isn’t flat. If I drop a ball from the magnet, it rolls STDM. But if I drop a ball from the right of center, the ball rolls left. I put a bubble level on the playfield and see a huge difference between the left and right sides of the playfield. Anybody else seen this with a level?

Don’t use PinGuy on your phone. Are you using a normal small level?

#9896 2 years ago
Quoted from troon47:

What’s you pitch at?

#9897 2 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

What’s your pitch?

#9898 2 years ago
Quoted from troon47:

Check that your flippers are aligned properly. This will change shots drastically if they are not pointed directly at the alignment holes. Also get some flipper cooling fans. Will keep them at peak performance.

Should never have issues making that ramp. And if it doesn’t go, it’s should only be from a poor shot.

#9899 2 years ago
Quoted from pluto:

Mine very often takes two attempts...

#9900 2 years ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

Mine very often takes two attempts...

On the VUK, I took the power down I think 10-20 notches and it fixed it. Went from 1/5 fails to 1/20.

I’ve also dropped both flippers power a bit. I find the lower power on the left makes the ball fly off mecha godzillas belly less and also makes the right scooper easier to hit.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 210.00
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Island, NY
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

9,000 (OBO)
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Dixon, IL
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 35.00
$ 100.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 27,390 posts in this topic. You are on page 198 of 548.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/198?hl=tbaum and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.