PXL_20240415_201849415 (resized).jpg
IMG_2601 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2538 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1444 (resized).jpg
IMG_7006.jpg
gdz opto receiver (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,390 posts in this topic. You are on page 192 of 548.
#9551 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

You’re paying over 2k more for a premium too.

Pro is well worth it. Plays faster and rules and callouts are practicality the same. Mech shot is much easier on Premium. So is the Building ball lock. I love the Pro if the outlane post are down all the way. Otherwise it's brutal.

I just love the variety of shots and those 2 buttery smooth ramps combined with the upper loop shot.

#9552 2 years ago

Subwoofer and volume controller installed on the GZ Pro.

20220411_164546 (resized).jpg20220411_164546 (resized).jpg

My affiliate link to subwoofer. https://amzn.to/3v9ZXX9 Only 28 bucks.

#9553 2 years ago

Doesn’t get stuck unless it is going slow, but it is still annoying!

3C6360D1-D02F-49B8-8C3F-3A8A1D773411 (resized).jpeg3C6360D1-D02F-49B8-8C3F-3A8A1D773411 (resized).jpegBB5C9267-D337-43DA-8709-F6E9D6DE560F (resized).jpegBB5C9267-D337-43DA-8709-F6E9D6DE560F (resized).jpeg
#9554 2 years ago
Quoted from ax014:

[quoted image][quoted image]

just bend it a little. Easy fix.

#9555 2 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

[quoted image]

You should jumper the positive to the positive and negative to the negative on the opposite side of that woofer so the dual channel is firing.

#9556 2 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

This gave me a laugh lol

All I meant is your building is very nice. You’ve done a fantastic job. I just got my pro this week and as such I’m late to the party, but it’s all good. Well done!

#9557 2 years ago
Quoted from ax014:

That used to happen frequently on my pro. As was said earlier, simple and gentle bend of the top-side upward, and the bottom side down.

#9558 2 years ago

Current code

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Have to think too, when were those scores achieved? Older code? I know Karl’s were recent. I don’t try and compare my scores to the likes of him and Stone for a reason. Haha

#9559 2 years ago

Godzilla Pro shipped out today! ETA is Friday! Can't wait!

#9560 2 years ago

Why did someone downvote that? Lol, yes 5.5 and 8.5 bil put up on a location GZ at current code. Granted both of the scores were put up by very good competitive players. I’m just trying to figure out how to get there myself. No need to get wild with the downward thumbs.

#9561 2 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

You should jumper the positive to the positive and negative to the negative on the opposite side of that woofer so the dual channel is firing.

That would present a 2ohm load to the amplifier which will overload the on-board amp.

Wired in series would present an 8ohm load which would work, but then you're only getting 8w to a driver that ideally should have >100w. This woofer also has a moderate Qts rating meaning it's more suited to a sealed or vented enclosure rather than infinite baffle (which is effectively what we're running here). I'd recommend a woofer with a Qts of >0.7 which has a lower compliance and will give a much tighter sound.

#9562 2 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

I was wondering about that. I will execute this tomorrow.

#9563 2 years ago
Quoted from Good-Times:

That would present a 2ohm load to the amplifier which will overload the on-board amp.
Wired in series would present an 8ohm load which would work, but then you're only getting 8w to a driver that ideally should have >100w. This woofer also has a moderate Qts rating meaning it's more suited to a sealed or vented enclosure rather than infinite baffle (which is effectively what we're running here). I'd recommend a woofer with a Qts of >0.7 which has a lower compliance and will give a much tighter sound.

Damn you know your speakers systems. I changed the settings to 4 Ohm and the volume ranges between 25 and 35. I bumped up the gain also. Do you have pictures of your GZ speaker
setup?

#9565 2 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

Damn you know your speakers systems. I changed the settings to 4 Ohm and the volume ranges between 25 and 35. I bumped up the gain also. Do you have pictures of your GZ speaker
setup?

Thought you'd never ask

I run Focal 130AC 5.25" coax drivers up front, a Rockford Fosgate Punch 8" 2ohm DVC wired to 4 ohms down the bottom (Qts 0.72), a Pinsound line out converter off the board for a stereo line level output, into a Dayton 2.1ch external amplifier that outputs 50w to the backbone drivers and 100w to the cabinet woofer. The sound is superb. Cabinet shakes to the bass, but the glass doesn't rattle which is good. And negates the need for an external sub (I run a DIY 18" sealed sub for another game )

I printed a spacer ring for the bass driver as it's slightly oversized to the stock hole and didn't want to drill the cabinet. Removed the grill as it's superfluous and can rattle.

The amp also has Bluetooth, so you can use the pinball machine as a bluetooth speaker when not playing which the kids love!

IMG_5307 (resized).jpgIMG_5307 (resized).jpgIMG_4746 (resized).jpgIMG_4746 (resized).jpgIMG_5308 (resized).jpgIMG_5308 (resized).jpgIMG_4739 (resized).jpgIMG_4739 (resized).jpgIMG_4749 (resized).jpgIMG_4749 (resized).jpg
#9566 2 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

setup?

Oh one more thing. Try your settings back to 8ohm (even if you're wired to 4ohm). It's a conspiracy, but it definitely does more than change the output tap on the amp. I believe it's filtering some frequencies. You'll hear it immediately. The cabinet setting affects the backbox speakers' sound as well. I'd love to know what's going on, but the sound is far better when both cabinet and backbox speaker settings are left at 8ohms.

#9567 2 years ago
Quoted from Good-Times:

Thought you'd never ask

Ask? Sir, I'm begging, please make a video of the wires, where they lead, maybe a few links to where we can buy all the parts? Bless your heart sir

#9568 2 years ago
Quoted from PapaBless:

Ask? Sir, I'm begging, please make a video of the wires, where they lead, maybe a few links to where we can buy all the parts? Bless your heart sir

It's fairly well covered in this thread if you can get through it, I could conceivably do a video on my next install! If you're just doing the backbox speakers, that's an easy one. You can just cut the wires from the stock speakers, re-terminate with spade connectors, then press those onto your replacement speakers. Almost any 4" speaker is going to be an improvement on stock, and you can go to a 5.25" speaker by either using a Stern 5.25" speaker adaptor plate, or printing out the adaptor with a 3D printer (not as good, but well cheaper). Once you've got the parts this is a <5min job.

#9569 2 years ago

So for the speakers I totally get that and am confident with that. My issue lies with hooking up an external amp because I want to upgrade my sub. I know very little about speakers/power. When we start talking ohms and channels and QTS my mind scrambles

#9570 2 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

[quoted image]

Jeff’s going to be a happy guy!

#9571 2 years ago
Quoted from PapaBless:

So for the speakers I totally get that and am confident with that. My issue lies with hooking up an external amp because I want to upgrade my sub. I know very little about speakers/power. When we start talking ohms and channels and QTS my mind scrambles

Easiest way, get an external sub, run a cable from current speaker to it and DONE.

#9572 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Why did someone downvote that? Lol, yes 5.5 and 8.5 bil put up on a location GZ at current code. Granted both of the scores were put up by very good competitive players. I’m just trying to figure out how to get there myself. No need to get wild with the downward thumbs.

Like other Elwin games, you just have to make shots it seems and good things will happen.

Watch Karl’s game. I believe by the end he was getting DJPs with like an 8x multiplier.

I don’t think there’s any sort of billion point shot or anything in this, so it’s more about doing well in everything so that later the stuff is worth way more.

#9573 2 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

I've always wondered- if the bubble level is worthless, why does Stern keep putting one on games? Seems like they could save some money by removing something nobody uses (or could put that towards something else).

I set the machine up to how it plays the way I want it to. THEN adjust the plastic level itself so that the bubble is in the middle. That way when I move it or take it to comps I know that the bubble can be trusted when setting it up the way I want.

#9574 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Like other Elwin games, you just have to make shots it seems and good things will happen.
Watch Karl’s game. I believe by the end he was getting DJPs with like an 8x multiplier.
I don’t think there’s any sort of billion point shot or anything in this, so it’s more about doing well in everything so that later the stuff is worth way more.

I've had a score a smidgen under 6Bil and another just over 5Bil. Normally, I'd class a good score around 1.5Bil.

It seems that ball length time does exponentially increase score, as a lot of progress resets when you lose the ball. To simplify, it's better to have a game were ball lengths are 1min, 1min & 13min as opposed to 3 balls each lasting 5min.

On my 6Bil game I had the DJP up to 12x and had a shot for that with a base value of 42mil - as it happens that was my lost shot as I missed and it went SDTM. I also completed Planet X. I had a GZ mb of over 650mil and a Rodan of over 1Bil. I did play well, but I've had games when I've made it to Planet X but didn't score much over 2Bil.
It just all needs to come together on a single ball for that exceptional score.

#9575 2 years ago

Can people share their premium powder coat examples? I’m thinking some type of green, gold, or red. Thoughts? Examples to share?

#9576 2 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

Can people share their premium powder coat examples? I’m thinking some type of green, gold, or red. Thoughts? Examples to share?

Lots of great examples in here, even some custom artwork, like on mine where I did a Mechagodzilla theme.

20220319_131528 (resized).jpg20220319_131528 (resized).jpg20220319_131609 (resized).jpg20220319_131609 (resized).jpg
#9577 2 years ago

Loving the game. Not close to a billion yet, but cracked 600 a couple of times. I had started with the game pretty steep and back it off to around 7.25 right now. Its really fast for sure. I may go down a bit more still.

One thing that seems to be an auto drain for me is when all the lights go dark and the ball is still flying around. I haven't pinpointed the exact moments (jackpots/mode completions), but it happens and I can't see anything when it does. Anyone else have an issue with that?

#9578 2 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Loving the game. Not close to a billion yet, but cracked 600 a couple of times. I had started with the game pretty steep and back it off to around 7.25 right now. Its really fast for sure. I may go down a bit more still.
One thing that seems to be an auto drain for me is when all the lights go dark and the ball is still flying around. I haven't pinpointed the exact moments (jackpots/mode completions), but it happens and I can't see anything when it does. Anyone else have an issue with that?

If I was in a dark room, I’d be screwed. But I keep my game room nice and bright.

#9579 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

If I was in a dark room, I’d be screwed. But I keep my game room nice and bright.

ya, it's definitely a severe drop if you don't have bright ambient lighting in the room. I've lost more balls than i'd care to admit to that blackout

#9580 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

The dark room gives me the old school nostalgia feel. I kept my pinbot incandescent too

20220402_173306 (resized).jpg20220402_173306 (resized).jpg
#9581 2 years ago
Quoted from Strummy:

The dark room gives me the old school nostalgia feel. I kept my pinbot incandescent too[quoted image]

I like to see when I play.

B1FA6D43-204E-49F4-9D7C-6DE09928941A (resized).jpegB1FA6D43-204E-49F4-9D7C-6DE09928941A (resized).jpeg
#9582 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I like to see when I play. [quoted image]

I can see....kinda

#9583 2 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

I bought this from harbor freight in 2010. Guy in Tampa cut and welded swivel sockets. Then slid some pipe over it. Works great. I did have to replace the wheels recently they disintegrated.

Thanks. You quite a ways from Tampa!

#9584 2 years ago

I had held off on installing pinstadiums because the lighting is pretty good already but when those moments happen where things go dark/strobing I have a hard time tracking the ball as well. Maybe I’ll drop in pinstadiums this weekend to see what it looks like when those moments happen.

#9585 2 years ago

I'm changing all the rubber over to Titan, like most NIB owners seem to be doing, before i even play a game on mine WHEN i ever get it. Looks like most people are doing green flipper rubber. What other colors are you some of you using? Doing translucent everywhere else. And, dumb question, haven't even played the game yet, and have no idea how many balls it takes, 5 or 6? replacing those right away as well.

#9586 2 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

I'm changing all the rubber over to Titan, like most NIB owners seem to be doing, before i even play a game on mine WHEN i ever get it. Looks like most people are doing green flipper rubber. What other colors are you some of you using? Doing translucent everywhere else. And, dumb question, haven't even played the game yet, and have no idea how many balls it takes, 5 or 6? replacing those right away as well.

6 Balls - I may have gotten lucky, but the balls mine came with were in great shape. I have 6 extra, but haven't swapped them out yet.

I did the green/translucent mix that has been suggested here (https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/view/id/2002), but I've seen some people use the glow in the dark green and they also look pretty awesome. I might get a set as well.

#9587 2 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

6 balls. my complete rubber list from titan is here (clears, green flipper, and black on the shooter tip): https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/view/id/2002

#9588 2 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

I did Green right away with a lil mix of red, now I have orange, with some light blue and red for some posts. Link to my kit with pictures.

https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/view/id/1875

#9589 2 years ago

- deleted -

#9590 2 years ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

I did Green right away with a lil mix of red, now I have orange, with some light blue and red for some posts. Link to my kit with pictures.

I like the orange a lot. Currently the green is the same on my Fish Tales next to it and can't decide if I like the symmetry or not

How did you get to those rubbers under the left side plastics? Do you need to unplug the dome light under the playfield? I also couldn't unscrew the post with the flasher on it, the flasher wired turned with the post and was twisting.

#9591 2 years ago

For sure, not looking for a single high scoring shot but a strategy for score as well as completion. My higher scoring games so far have been defeating tier 1 and 2 battles and getting to planet X basically. I’m thinking the next step is to hang out in cities longer on a hot game and try to complete tank bridge etc as well as finishing kaiju battles.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

#9592 2 years ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

Quoted from Muymanwell:

6 balls. my complete rubber list from titan is here (clears, green flipper, and black on the shooter tip): https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/view/id/2002

Quoted from tbaum:

6 Balls - I may have gotten lucky, but the balls mine came with were in great shape. I have 6 extra, but haven't swapped them out yet.
I did the green/translucent mix that has been suggested here (https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/view/id/2002), but I've seen some people use the glow in the dark green and they also look pretty awesome. I might get a set as well.

Thanks. Like the Orange flipper rubber. But i'll stick with the translucent about everywhere else. Really liked it on my IMDN

#9593 2 years ago
Quoted from tbaum:

I like the orange a lot. Currently the green is the same on my Fish Tales next to it and can't decide if I like the symmetry or not
How did you get to those rubbers under the left side plastics? Do you need to unplug the dome light under the playfield? I also couldn't unscrew the post with the flasher on it, the flasher wired turned with the post and was twisting.

i held the wire and ziptie while unscrewing the flasher post. I didn't have to unplug any lights to get all the rubbers in

#9594 2 years ago
Quoted from tbaum:

use the glow in the dark green and they also look pretty awesome. I might get a set as well.

Anyone have some pics of these glow in the dark ones installed? Curious how they look

#9596 2 years ago

Yeah those look really nice, kinda a perfect blend between translucent and green for the theme.

#9597 2 years ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

i held the wire and ziptie while unscrewing the flasher post. I didn't have to unplug any lights to get all the rubbers in

I was struggling to get the lowest plastic off (below the one numbered 57) because of the orange domes light. Am I missing something?

GodzillaPlastic (resized).jpgGodzillaPlastic (resized).jpg
#9598 2 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

I got tired of losing sight of the ball during those moments as well. So I put a couple Matrix warm white frosted LED strips in the apron, then ran the wiring & tapped into one of the coin slot bulbs on the coin door. These are the only GI bulbs that stay on continuously on GZ, regardless of the modes. The playfield white & red GI strings are all controlled & turn on/off. You just have to wire it down to the back of the playfield & then back inside the lower cab to the coin door so you can still lift the playfield.

With the LED strips in the apron, it certainly helps keep sight of the ball during those moments. You really don't notice them until the GI goes dark, especially if you have pinstadiums installed.

#9600 2 years ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

Yep, just as stated, very easy, hold the zip tie, no unplugging.

Transluscent is rocking it on games too, may be my next choice.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Blacklick, OH
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 240.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Potomac, MD
$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

9,000 (OBO)
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 27,390 posts in this topic. You are on page 192 of 548.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/192?hl=tbaum and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.