IMG_7006.jpg
gdz opto receiver (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_215256_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1439 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408-172718 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240408-172819 (resized).png
IMG_0307 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,344 posts in this topic. You are on page 190 of 547.
#9451 2 years ago

Hey all - thanks for the advice with the menu buttons. My distributor got back to me on Friday night and walked me through a bunch of other torubleshooting, and we got it working!

Huge thanks to Mike from GAP for taking the time on a Friday to get it working for me over the phone. Also, have to say, if your looking for a game and actually want to get it, he's a great guy to work with. After all the horror stories here about waiting 6+ months for a machine after putting down a deposit. I paid my deposit in March and got my game yesterday. He doesn't play around and only takes deposits for games he knows he's getting from the manufacturer.

Now I get to spend my Saturday fighting Kaiju!

Godzilla (resized).jpgGodzilla (resized).jpg
#9452 2 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

Which mod? Pic please.

Yep this mod. Where his hand is in the pic, just remove this plastic. This will save you finger cramps and about an hour

DE4996EC-4F4B-486D-970E-EEC391D33472 (resized).jpegDE4996EC-4F4B-486D-970E-EEC391D33472 (resized).jpeg
#9453 2 years ago
Quoted from tbaum:

Hey all - thanks for the advice with the menu buttons. My distributor got back to me on Friday night and walked me through a bunch of other torubleshooting, and we got it working!
Huge thanks to Mike from GAP for taking the time on a Friday to get it working for me over the phone. Also, have to say, if your looking for a game and actually want to get it, he's a great guy to work with. After all the horror stories here about waiting 6+ months for a machine after putting down a deposit. I paid my deposit in March and got my game yesterday. He doesn't play around and only takes deposits for games he knows he's getting from the manufacturer.
Now I get to spend my Saturday fighting Kaiju!
[quoted image]

Glad to hear. What was the fix for the buttons so it can help others who might have the issue?

#9454 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Glad to hear. What was the fix for the buttons so it can help others who might have the issue?

We just went through all the cables on all the boards, reattaching them. Not sure which one fixed it, but the methodological approach helped. I know it wasn't the one from the switches to the board as I did that one several times before he helped me. Also did the cables in the backbox.

Basically did a version of turn it all off and on again

#9455 2 years ago

A couple of things I’m wondering if need adjustment. My game is level 100% front to back

1. Sometimes hitting the middle spinner or loop via upper flipper, the ball whips around and catches the upper flipper tip sending SDTM. Not always but occasionally. Flipper is pointing at alignment hole. Does this happen to others?

2. Sometimes my left ramp shot rejects despite what it feel is a clean hit. I am not seeing where the ball could be catching on something. Is this happening to others?

#9456 2 years ago

1. Should never do this if you just leave the flipper down.

2. All clean shots should go. My guess is it’s not a clean shot.

#9457 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

1. Should never do this if you just leave the flipper down.
2. All clean shots should go. My guess is it’s not a clean shot.

Thanks. I’m gonna see if pushing the ball guide towards middle of playfield will help with SDTM

#9458 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Thanks. I’m gonna see if pushing the ball guide towards middle of playfield will help with SDTM

Make sure the game is level too.

#9459 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

2. Sometimes my left ramp shot rejects despite what it feel is a clean hit. I am not seeing where the ball could be catching on something. Is this happening to others?

One some machines the guide to the left of the magnet is sticking out quite a bit, which makes the angle for a successful ramp shot very tight and causes lots of rattle outs. I loosened the screw and bent the guide in closer to the magnet on mine. It's worth checking.

#9460 2 years ago

Installing a playfield protector and other mods on my brand new zero play Godzilla Pro. Part 1. Can't wait to play this.

20220409_150846 (resized).jpg20220409_150846 (resized).jpg
#9461 2 years ago

someone has installed convolux in godzilla pro? thx,

#9462 2 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

One some machines the guide to the left of the magnet is sticking out quite a bit, which makes the angle for a successful ramp shot very tight and causes lots of rattle outs. I loosened the screw and bent the guide in closer to the magnet on mine. It's worth checking.

Thanks. I read about this and did need to adjust the guide. It was actually the first thing I checked when I got the game. Not sure if you were the original one that posted about this issue but if so thanks!

#9463 2 years ago

Look what just arrived in the mail. If only I had my Premium to instal them…

D56ED150-91AB-490E-A706-F0B47025AC19 (resized).jpegD56ED150-91AB-490E-A706-F0B47025AC19 (resized).jpegF18D911E-8E3B-4DF5-B1A5-E062746D58F7 (resized).jpegF18D911E-8E3B-4DF5-B1A5-E062746D58F7 (resized).jpeg
#9464 2 years ago
Quoted from RoadQueen:

Look what just arrived in the mail. If only I had my Premium to instal them…
[quoted image][quoted image]

Is the art painted? Is it a different powder coat?

Thoughts on the build quality?

I was thinking of getting these, but couldn't tell from the pictures on distributors' websites.

#9465 2 years ago

GZ enhanced. Mounting pics. Ebay. 18 bucks.

20220409_180558 (resized).jpg20220409_180558 (resized).jpg20220409_180612 (resized).jpg20220409_180612 (resized).jpg
#9466 2 years ago

How hard would it be to light up that armor?

#9467 2 years ago
Quoted from tbaum:

I was thinking of getting these, but couldn't tell from the pictures on distributors' websites.

Art is not painted. It is a cutout in the black metal with a piece of gold-colored glossy cardboard underneath.
Cannot tell about powder coat in relation to game as I’m still waiting on my pin. However looks just like my JP armor which was almost identical powder coat to game.
Build quality seems excellent to me.

#9468 2 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

GZ enhanced. Mounting pics. Ebay. 18 bucks.

Looks awesome! That's what I'm hoping to do with my Pro. Any chance you still have the ebay link handy?

#9469 2 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

Your Godzilla figure is this guy right?
[quoted image]

Yes thats him!

#9470 2 years ago
Quoted from tbaum:

Same paint texture but a little darker then the legs, lockdown bar, and back box hinges.

08E1073D-97DB-415B-A869-698868906C91 (resized).jpeg08E1073D-97DB-415B-A869-698868906C91 (resized).jpeg276BD389-E98D-40B2-9241-E31766D844FF (resized).jpeg276BD389-E98D-40B2-9241-E31766D844FF (resized).jpeg6A3D7835-3382-4A03-97E4-BCC840D525D1 (resized).jpeg6A3D7835-3382-4A03-97E4-BCC840D525D1 (resized).jpeg
#9471 2 years ago
Quoted from TonyVrd:

Same paint texture but a little darker then the legs, lockdown bar, and back box hinges.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Hot damn. I'm not one for liking the side rails, power coat, hinge mods, etc...but that looks so damn good. The gold somehow really fits in with the exaggerated colors of the game.

#9472 2 years ago
Quoted from SlapDrain:

I placed the tail closer. It looked off when it was behind the building. Either way he needs a tail imo.
[quoted image]

Could also be said that if he's 'half submerged' with that larger scale of model, his tail is fully underwater.

gojira (resized).jpggojira (resized).jpg
#9473 2 years ago

That's odd, I thought that early pix of side armor had them silver with gold cutouts, not black with gold cutouts... Are there different versions for pro/pre vs le?

#9474 2 years ago

Wait is the side armor actually black, and it just appeared silver in this picture because of the angle of reflection off of the surface?

rs=w_600,h_600 (resized).jpegrs=w_600,h_600 (resized).jpeg

#9475 2 years ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

Wait is the side armor actually black, and it just appeared silver in this picture because of the angle of reflection off of the surface?
[quoted image]

It’s black. That just glare from a light on it.

#9476 2 years ago

I’ve got my armor being sent out for powder now. Still can’t decide on a color for my premium. Anyone have any thoughts or pictures they’d like to share?

#9477 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I’ve got my armor being sent out for powder now. Still can’t decide on a color for my premium. Anyone have any thoughts or pictures they’d like to share?

that green on pinball refinerys thread looks good

#9478 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

91CF6F83-148B-4831-8C92-56FB8B79F9C6 (resized).jpeg91CF6F83-148B-4831-8C92-56FB8B79F9C6 (resized).jpeg
#9479 2 years ago

Added today and also put in the oxygen destroyer.

6D1C8BB0-4107-4BE2-9589-B6AEE116D7F0 (resized).jpeg6D1C8BB0-4107-4BE2-9589-B6AEE116D7F0 (resized).jpeg
#9480 2 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

Protects the investment. which GZ pro would u want to buy?

The one that I don't have to spend hours removing a playfield protector.

#9481 2 years ago

I put this on the mod thread too. It will be available soon.

41511 (resized).jpeg41511 (resized).jpeg
#9482 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Added today and also put in the oxygen destroyer.
[quoted image]

Link for that mechagodzilla?

#9483 2 years ago

I still can't believe how stripped down the pro is compared to the premium/LE on this game. I think Stern could have at least given pro owners the bridge and the premium/LE owners would have gotten plenty in the moving building, Mecha turntable/magnet and figures instead of shrinky dinks. I know the pro is still a great game but man what a big difference.

#9484 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

I still can't believe how stripped down the pro is compared to the premium/LE on this game. I think Stern could have at least given pro owners the bridge and the premium/LE owners would have gotten plenty in the moving building, Mecha turntable/magnet and figures instead of shrinky dinks. I know the pro is still a great game but man what a big difference.

I'd never considered a Premium before this, it never seemed to be worth the extra money, and often didn't make the game better (and in many cases made it worse). But the difference between the pro and prem/LE in this is huge, both in value and gameplay fun/impact. Super happy with the extra $$$ investment.

#9485 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

[quoted image]

I can't find the color options on their site - got a link?

#9486 2 years ago
Quoted from tbaum:

I'd never considered a Premium before this, it never seemed to be worth the extra money, and often didn't make the game better (and in many cases made it worse). But the difference between the pro and prem/LE in this is huge, both in value and gameplay fun/impact. Super happy with the extra $$$ investment.

You’re paying over 2k more for a premium too.

#9487 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

You’re paying over 2k more for a premium too.

Yep, first time I ever did it, but I figured if I was going to, this would be the one. Got a great price on my #IM so it made the plunge easier.

#9488 2 years ago

I got pretty jaded from having to tweak premiums and LEs too much. My ocd can’t handle it. Haha. Plug and play pros for the foreseeable future for this guy.

#9489 2 years ago

The premium is never worth it imo and gz is no exception. At least in this case the premium doesn't make the game worse like Munsters,BKSOR,GOT,GOTG,AIQ,IMDN....

#9490 2 years ago

I’ve never played a premium I didn’t think was more fun, but yeah, the price difference is too much unless you get a good secondary market price on one which is pretty rare. And the tweaking that is needed is a huge turnoff as well.

#9491 2 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

The premium is never worth it imo and gz is no exception. At least in this case the premium doesn't make the game worse like Munsters,BKSOR,GOT,GOTG,AIQ,IMDN....

I agree except for Munsters ! The lower playfield with new code is awesome !

#9492 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’ve never played a premium I didn’t think was more fun, but yeah, the price difference is too much unless you get a good secondary market price on one which is pretty rare. And the tweaking that is needed is a huge turnoff as well.

Not to mention more moving parts to maintain, adjust , and Replace.

#9493 2 years ago
Quoted from tbaum:

look on the thread here that says I will powdercoat your

Quoted from tbaum:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-can-powder-coat-your-pinball-armor-for-29500-plus-return-shipping/page/6#post-6874708

#9494 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

You’ve obviously forgotten about the days when you couldn’t even get a spinner on a pro lol… talking about games like MET and TWD.

Now you look at GZ pro and it has 3 spinners?? To me that seems way more loaded than older sterns. It’s all about perspective.

#9495 2 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

You’ve obviously forgotten about the days when you couldn’t even get a spinner on a pro lol… talking about games like MET and TWD.
Now you look at GZ pro and it has 3 spinners?? To me that seems way more loaded than older sterns. It’s all about perspective.

What if they gave you a spinner on MET pro but you had to get the premium/LE to get Sparky? Spinners are cool but don't consider them in the same league as the toys you get with GZ premium/LE. TWD pro still gives you drops which are expensive and the two main bash toys just without a magnet on Well Walker.

#9496 2 years ago
Quoted from tbaum:

Thanks for sharing this. I bought a used game from him years back, and while the worst happened (game got TRASHED by the shipper), Mike did a great job of handling things. Took a hot minute, because getting freight claims is a bitch and a half, but it did get done, and with very little on my part. I'll remember him because of this post if Venom becomes something I'm interested in...

#9497 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

What if they gave you a spinner on MET pro but you had to get the premium/LE to get Sparky? Spinners are cool but don't consider them in the same league as the toys you get with GZ premium/LE. TWD pro still gives you drops which are expensive and the two main bash toys just without a magnet on Well Walker.

The disparity between TWD Pro and Premium is much larger than GZ and the gameplay differs far more as well.

TWD Pro is missing 2 spinners, a drop target, the crossbow, the wellwalker magnet, the bicycle girl bash toy, the fish tank, walker bombs, RGB leds, multicolor GI. On Godzilla it is only missing thr moving building, the collapsing bridge, and the MechaGodzilla ramp/turntable. Gameplay is much closer between the 2 versions. I think GZ Pro is one of the most loaded and best Pros that has come out.

#9498 2 years ago

I have raised front legs. Is the carpet and padding the problem?

P1010002 (resized).JPGP1010002 (resized).JPGP1010004 (resized).JPGP1010004 (resized).JPG
#9499 2 years ago
Quoted from anynamewilldo:

never trust the bubble alone. either use a leveling app on a smart phone, or an actual inclinometer

#9500 2 years ago
Quoted from anynamewilldo:

Generally, the front should always be at the lowest and then raised rear legs. The bubble shouldn't be fully trusted either. It could be installed incorrectly in the plastic housing. Get a digital level and shoot for 6.5-7 (player preference). The bubble if placed correctly on that rail should be at 6.5 by default

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Potomac, MD
$ 19.99
Electronics
GMods

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ScottieIA Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Walton, KY
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 100.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Gov's Mods

Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 27,344 posts in this topic. You are on page 190 of 547.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/190?hl=tbaum and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.