PXL_20240415_201849415 (resized).jpg
IMG_2601 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2538 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1444 (resized).jpg
IMG_7006.jpg
gdz opto receiver (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,376 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 548.
#901 2 years ago
Quoted from Berserk:

That's perfect! Thank you for posting the measurement... I was thinking about getting this figure to replace the stock one
https://www.sideshow.com/collectibles/godzilla-1989-bandai-908160
Measures 6.39" and looks like it will fit.

I really like that one. I'm hoping for a mod though that makes the replacement more than just a toy. To me, the stationary toy that does nothing is a waste. Mecha has a magnet and interactive. I hope someone more creative comes up with something so it's just not a toy in the corner ala Mando.

#902 2 years ago
Quoted from Berserk:

That's perfect! Thank you for posting the measurement... I was thinking about getting this figure to replace the stock one
https://www.sideshow.com/collectibles/godzilla-1989-bandai-908160
Measures 6.39" and looks like it will fit.

That one is 6.3 inches tall, but he is particularly long. Have to make sure you have room for all the tail on that one. but he's an awesome figure. They also make a 7.8 inch version that will be too big.

#903 2 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Loser Kid Podcast recently interviewed Keith Elwin and Keith said they weren't able to use these 4 films:
Godzilla Raid Again (1955)
King Kong vs Godzilla (1962)
Destroy All Monsters (1968)
Godzilla vs Hedorah (1971)
The Showa era Godzilla series was 15 films so one of the following eleven films is not included in the game but the rest are.
Godzilla (1954)
Mothra vs. Godzilla (1964)
Ghidorah, The Three-Headed Monster (1964)
Invasion of Astro-Monster (1965)
Ebirah, Horror of the Deep (1966)
Son Of Godzilla(1967)
All Monsters Attack (1969)
Godzilla vs. Gigan (1972)
Godzilla vs. Megalon (1973)
Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla (1974)
Terror of Mechagodzilla (1975)

I can totally guarantee you the one missing is NOT Godzilla vs. Megalon.

One of my favorite parts of the code is the video clip of Megalon and Gigan yukking it up when you Tilt. Makes me laugh every time I see it....

Later,
EV

#904 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I really like that one. I'm hoping for a mod though that makes the replacement more than just a toy. To me, the stationary toy that does nothing is a waste. Mecha has a magnet and interactive. I hope someone more creative comes up with something so it's just not a toy in the corner ala Mando.

Run an LED into his mouth and have the mouth light up blue. It would be easy.

#905 2 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

That one is 6.3 inches tall, but he is particularly long. Have to make sure you have room for all the tail on that one. but he's an awesome figure. They also make a 7.8 inch version that will be too big.

I can't take it! THATS WHAT SHE SAID! Sorry guys. Apologies I had to say it.

#906 2 years ago

Leermods make one that looks pretty good and it is interactive. Save toy for the topper.

#907 2 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

It’s 10” wide?

Most likely that’s from head to the tip of the tail

#908 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I have a very different, non-stationary plan in mind. Not yet sure it will fit and look as desired, but would be custom created if it all works out. Should have my game in a week or two, but still need to focus on AMH production in the short term.

#909 2 years ago

Is this close to right?

Screenshot_20211027-115842_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211027-115842_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpg
#910 2 years ago

Time to redecorate the gameroom walls! I do like a good woodblock print (you can find his shop on Etsy, too).

https://www.bigteddystudios.com/053204149098

Woodblock (resized).jpegWoodblock (resized).jpeg
#911 2 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Loser Kid Podcast recently interviewed Keith Elwin and Keith said they weren't able to use these 4 films:
Godzilla Raid Again (1955)
King Kong vs Godzilla (1962)
Destroy All Monsters (1968)
Godzilla vs Hedorah (1971)
The Showa era Godzilla series was 15 films so one of the following eleven films is not included in the game but the rest are.
Godzilla (1954)
Mothra vs. Godzilla (1964)
Ghidorah, The Three-Headed Monster (1964)
Invasion of Astro-Monster (1965)
Ebirah, Horror of the Deep (1966)
Son Of Godzilla(1967)
All Monsters Attack (1969)
Godzilla vs. Gigan (1972)
Godzilla vs. Megalon (1973)
Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla (1974)
Terror of Mechagodzilla (1975)

I’m sad King Kong is not on or part of this pin.

#912 2 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

It looks like you have a lot of articulation when it comes to this figure, so you can manipulate the tail quite a bit. But you're right, the figure might be too long to fit in that space.

#913 2 years ago

Thanks! Space cadet moment missing that first thing in the morning

#914 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

None of these films are oscar caliber titles but Kong vs Godzilla is definitely not as enjoyable as some of the others.

Maybe you can do some customization with pinball browser to scratch your Kong itch?.

#915 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

I have been thinking about jumping into the mod scene to fix this issue. Would anybody be interested in a Toho style Kong for the spot Godzilla is in now?

#916 2 years ago
Quoted from MegaFeenix:

I have been thinking about jumping into the mod scene to fix this issue. Would anybody be interested in a Toho style Kong for the spot Godzilla is in now?

Might as well make a Freddy and Jason to put in there while you're at it.

#917 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Make a Freddy and Jason while you're at it.

Is this really a no Kong zone? The 3 most important films in the Godzilla series are the original film, Godzilla vs Kong, and Godzilla vs Megalon.

#918 2 years ago

Edit never mind just saw BOL

#919 2 years ago

Replacement Mechagodzilla for the pro with eyes lit and a spotlight added like in the LE/prem.

PXL_20211027_201604666.PORTRAIT (resized).jpgPXL_20211027_201604666.PORTRAIT (resized).jpgPXL_20211027_201617626.PORTRAIT (resized).jpgPXL_20211027_201617626.PORTRAIT (resized).jpg
#920 2 years ago
Quoted from MegaFeenix:

Is this really a no Kong zone? The 3 most important films in the Godzilla cannon are the original film, Godzilla vs Kong, and Godzilla vs Megalon.

That's what Keith said on LoserKid podcast.

#921 2 years ago
Quoted from MegaFeenix:

Is this really a no Kong zone? The 3 most important films in the Godzilla cannon are the original film, Godzilla vs Kong, and Godzilla vs Megalon.

I'm no godzilla expert, but the eras are mixed up, though. This machine seems like it's heavily focused on the late 60s early 70s Godzilla. Also, scale would be an issue. The 1963 GvK just looks wrong. King Kong is essentially the size of Godzilla. It deprecates Godzilla's size, IMO.

Seems like a bad fit, but people can do whatever they want on their machine. It's for their happiness, not mine.

#922 2 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

That's what Keith said on LoserKid podcast.

Damn that dude really is the GOAT and knows his stuff. I am sad we don’t see any of the more memorable actors or at least the Mothra fairies.

Quoted from PinMonk:

The eras are mixed up, though. This machine seems like it's heavily focused on the late 60s early 70s Godzilla. Also, scale would be an issue. Seems like a bad fit, but people can do whatever they want on their machine. It's for their happiness, not mine.

The machine covers the entire Showa era.

#923 2 years ago

Check out the Flip N Out Sizzle of Godzilla pinball machine! Don’t sleep on the Pro…

#924 2 years ago
Quoted from EchoVictor:

I can totally guarantee you the one missing is NOT Godzilla vs. Megalon.
One of my favorite parts of the code is the video clip of Megalon and Gigan yukking it up when you Tilt. Makes me laugh every time I see it....
Later,
EV

Got a reply email from Stern. These are the movies incorporated in the pin:

Godzilla

Godzilla vs Mothra

Ghidorah, the three headed monster

Invasion of the Astro monster

Ebirah, horror of the deep

son of Godzilla

All monsters attack

Godzilla vs Gigan

Godzilla vs Megalon

Terror of Mechagodzilla

#925 2 years ago

HEE HEE

#926 2 years ago

ZillaLE #689 made it home to Cali. Hope to crack it open soon.

03967FA4-A144-4759-BC33-D635F6340219 (resized).jpeg03967FA4-A144-4759-BC33-D635F6340219 (resized).jpeg
#927 2 years ago

Can I ask anybody to confirm that this is the correct PinPAC to use with GZ?

https://pinnovators.myshopify.com/collections/stern-headphone-kits/products/pinpac-4-stern-spike-spike2-headphone-kit-with-mute

Pretty sure this should be it, as it's a Spike 2, yes? And it uses their "type H" coin door?

#928 2 years ago

So did Stern upgrade the ground wire for the DBV lead going to the coin door on Godzilla, or is it my imagination? The new striped one looks a lot beefier. Maybe a UL listing compliance change for the 120V to the coin door? It seems like the old one was like 22AWG and the new one is like 18AWG...

#929 2 years ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

Can I ask anybody to confirm that this is the correct PinPAC to use with GZ?
https://pinnovators.myshopify.com/collections/stern-headphone-kits/products/pinpac-4-stern-spike-spike2-headphone-kit-with-mute
Pretty sure this should be it, as it's a Spike 2, yes? And it uses their "type H" coin door?

So I learned a very interesting lesson when putting a Pinnovator kit into another machine (and I LOVE IT)... The door type came in about 3 different models and it did not matter if it was Pro, Premium, or LE from the sounds of it - I just assumed it was a certain type on all the machines. Sandra at Pinnovators reached out to me to reconfirm my choice and I am absolutely glad she did. I am waiting until Godzilla arrives before ordering, but it is the first thing up! For what it's worth, she was incredibly helpful in making sure what they sent out was 100% ready to roll. Very, very happy with the choice and with the customer service.

#930 2 years ago
Quoted from Kevin_LHeureux:

ZillaLE #689 made it home to Cali. Hope to crack it open soon.

Jealous. I'm down the road and was told no earlier than the end of the month. This waiting is AWFUL. Darn glad to see they've made it to the west coast!

#931 2 years ago
Quoted from GroggyFrogFace:

So I learned a very interesting lesson when putting a Pinnovator kit into another machine (and I LOVE IT)... The door type came in about 3 different models and it did not matter if it was Pro, Premium, or LE from the sounds of it - I just assumed it was a certain type on all the machines. Sandra at Pinnovators reached out to me to reconfirm my choice and I am absolutely glad she did. I am waiting until Godzilla arrives before ordering, but it is the first thing up! For what it's worth, she was incredibly helpful in making sure what they sent out was 100% ready to roll. Very, very happy with the choice and with the customer service.

Oh, that's interesting! Hmm... perhaps I should hold off then, until i see which coin door I get... Thanks for the advice!

Yeah, I had their PinSUB for my Stern Star Trek and loved it so much that I upgraded to the PinPAC to add that headphone support as well... Very excited to add this to the GZ; just picked up a cheap Polk PSW10 from Mercari (as the Stern Star Trek is headed downstairs, so I won't be able to use GZ and ST on the same sub...) Good times!

#932 2 years ago

well whomever it was that said Premiums were on the line was accurate . so they Put them priority to get premiums to shows . so the people who were made to shell out their money for the LE Early could fund these premiums to bring to shows it seems .
you know the rob peter to pay Paul thingy.. Thanks Stern
Well hope they push the premiums out so i can get my LE i paid for loooong ago,,
Stern Business practices get better everyday like our govt does

Quoted from GroggyFrogFace:Jealous. I'm down the road and was told no earlier than the end of the month. This waiting is AWFUL. Darn glad to see they've made it to the west coast!

#933 2 years ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

Oh, that's interesting! Hmm... perhaps I should hold off then, until i see which coin door I get... Thanks for the advice!
Yeah, I had their PinSUB for my Stern Star Trek and loved it so much that I upgraded to the PinPAC to add that headphone support as well... Very excited to add this to the GZ; just picked up a cheap Polk PSW10 from Mercari (as the Stern Star Trek is headed downstairs, so I won't be able to use GZ and ST on the same sub...) Good times!

I just installed the entire kit, with headphone jack and volume control (PinPAC2), on my AC/DC (to the relief of my family). I will clarfiy that this is the faceplate for the control panel - i.e., where the dollar bill feeder would be, if that makes sense.

I really wish I would have installed this thing about 10 years ago. Even though the audio is not the "end-all-be-all" (there is an older thread about mono vs. stereo), I cannot believe what I was missing. Just wow - wow - wow. I can now clearly hear the constant berating by Steve Richie for my pitiful pinball skills - it's wonderful!

#934 2 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

well whomever it was that said Premiums were on the line was accurate . so they Put them priority to get premiums to shows . so the people who were made to shell out their money for the LE Early could fund these premiums to bring to shows it seems .
you know the rob peter to pay Paul thingy.. Thanks Stern
Well hope they push the premiums out so i can get my LE i paid for loooong ago,,
Stern Business practices get better everyday like our govt does

SHAME ON STERN FOR MAKING GAMES THEY TAKE TO EXPO!!!!
SHAME! SHAME! SHAME!
For letting hundreds of people experience this game and making a few wait another... hour? (Since Stern can make about 70 games each day?)
/s

#935 2 years ago

Played my friends LE today. It’s just awesome. All of you will not be disappointed. The mechs are a significant upgrade.

25242DA3-04C4-4704-AE06-695E901B8D06 (resized).jpeg25242DA3-04C4-4704-AE06-695E901B8D06 (resized).jpeg84AE4816-3746-4AEF-A214-B5CD732F2FA7 (resized).jpeg84AE4816-3746-4AEF-A214-B5CD732F2FA7 (resized).jpeg8CECE343-5064-4907-9858-7E7F792392EE (resized).jpeg8CECE343-5064-4907-9858-7E7F792392EE (resized).jpeg
#936 2 years ago

Someone with an LE should post a video of it on Youtube. There are a bunch for the pro, but the LE has almost nothing. You don't need a fancy rig to shoot a couple of minutes, phone vid is fine with me.

#937 2 years ago

When does the Gamera LE version come out? Can't believe there is no Gamera on the game.

#938 2 years ago

I agree, having played both Pro and LE, those mechs make a huge difference. Now what do I need to do to trick Stern into thinking my house is an expo? I want my premium!

#939 2 years ago

It would be a missed opportunity if someone doesn't make a green translucent plastic protector set for this game.

#940 2 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

None of these films are oscar caliber titles but Kong vs Godzilla is definitely not as enjoyable as some of the others.
Maybe you can do some customization with pinball browser to scratch your Kong itch?.

I have only seen one Godzilla and it was a battle with King Kong.

#941 2 years ago

i am as selfish as stern i know .

Quoted from Chambahz:

SHAME ON STERN FOR MAKING GAMES THEY TAKE TO EXPO!!!!
SHAME! SHAME! SHAME!
For letting hundreds of people experience this game and making a few wait another... hour? (Since Stern can make about 70 games each day?)
/s

Quoted from kermit24:

Played my friends LE today. It’s just awesome. All of you will not be disappointed. The mechs are a significant upgrade.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Lucky guy .. damn looks great

#942 2 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

When does the Gamera LE version come out? Can't believe there is no Gamera on the game.

That is like saying you can't believe Batman is not in the Avengers. Totally. Separate. License.

#943 2 years ago

Just got ours up at the Blue Moon Bar in Madison WI. Note the born on date. Kingpin is the man.

Would have taken more pics, but just got done working a double and my brain is fried. . . The side art chrome decals are really amazing in person!

PXL_20211028_014754653 (resized).jpgPXL_20211028_014754653 (resized).jpgPXL_20211028_014848550 (resized).jpgPXL_20211028_014848550 (resized).jpgPXL_20211028_022018917 (resized).jpgPXL_20211028_022018917 (resized).jpg
#944 2 years ago
Quoted from El_Patron:

Got a reply email from Stern. These are the movies incorporated in the pin:
Godzilla
Godzilla vs Mothra
Ghidorah, the three headed monster
Invasion of the Astro monster
Ebirah, horror of the deep
son of Godzilla
All monsters attack
Godzilla vs Gigan
Godzilla vs Megalon
Terror of Mechagodzilla

So that suggests that the only Mechagodzilla footage comes from Terror of Mechagodzilla and not Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla. I'll have to watch those two very closely, but i thought "electromagnetic godzilla" clip was from G v MG not Terror of Mechagodzilla. However, it explains why poor King Caesar don't have his rightful place as a Godzilla ally option. He always gets the shaft, poor King Caesar.

#945 2 years ago

Does Stern produce the premiums last? I'm seeing all these pros and LEs being posted, I just want my premium!

#946 2 years ago

Sigh...expected delivery to the dealer for me to pick up my LE was supposed to be yesterday....still waiting. I did kinda scratch the itch playing their Pro they just set up yesterday for a little bit before being abruptly called to go back to the office because people couldnt figure out their freaking password (grumble). The game was a lot faster than I expected it to be. And so many shots and nuances on getting around the playfield. I did experience that shot to the left of the building looping around into the building and shooting back down straight dead center. A little annoying but tried to avoid it afterwards.

The one shot I wasnt sure of that I did not really enjoy was the Magna Grab into the...what was it called...Tail Whip? Its the shot similar to Hawkeye Challenge in AIQ. Every time it set up that shot for the challenge, it dropped the ball at the top part of the bat and either bounced to the left mini lane/loop or to the right far enough away where I could not even hit it with the upper flipper to get the challenge shot. I wonder if maybe there was left tilt on the pin?

Also the two forum threads need to merge soon or something. I need to free up browser tab space =P

#947 2 years ago
Quoted from Bam_Man:

Does Stern produce the premiums last? I'm seeing all these pros and LEs being posted, I just want my premium!

I think in general the order is:
Small Pro run (for locations/dealers mostly) -> LE Run -> Prem Run -> wider Pro run. Maybe some small deviations for a show, etc (like Expo-bound premiums that were on the line).

#948 2 years ago
Quoted from Bam_Man:

YES. kind of.
Makes more PROs very last, after some premiums.

I'm hoping they have a few PREMIIUM GZs at Expo because I'm loving my Pro. I want to see what I'm missing....

#949 2 years ago

Question for LE owners… how “tall” is the Mechagodzilla figure? Thanks

#950 2 years ago

Great game can't wait for my LE. It will be here tomorrow.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 210.00
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Brookings, OR
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Walton, KY
$ 35.00
$ 100.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 27,376 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 548.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/19 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.