IMG_5052 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
4A684A67-61F1-4FF0-8236-BF6E38F58AE9 (resized).jpeg
pinside.66273470719090863a8972d23c0880d26136302f (resized).jpg
E8926C7A-0B80-451C-BFC6-B6F8BA766F07 (resized).jpeg
20240405_122647 (resized).jpg
20240402_174502 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,294 posts in this topic. You are on page 188 of 546.
#9351 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

I prefer the nasty grey one,looks closer to the video in the game too.

What’s funny is after I posted that nasty grey comment I researched Godzilla’s color. Apparently in most of the earlier films he is actually charcoal or gray and not green. He is green in some promo materials though. And obviously very green by Stern on the pin, but the movies the pin is based on are from the charcoal/gray era. Maybe stern took poetic license going more with what would pop visually on a pin than be nerdilly accurate. Which I would agree is a reasonable thing to do.

https://wikizilla.org/wiki/Godzilla_misconceptions#What_color_is_Godzilla.3F

#9352 2 years ago
Quoted from jackd104:

What’s funny is after I posted that nasty grey comment I researched Godzilla’s color. Apparently in most of the earlier films he is actually charcoal or gray and not green. He is green in some promo materials though. And obviously very green by Stern on the pin, but the movies the pin is based on are from the charcoal/gray era. Maybe stern took poetic license going more with what would pop visually on a pin than be nerdilly accurate. Which I would agree is a reasonable thing to do.
https://wikizilla.org/wiki/Godzilla_misconceptions#What_color_is_Godzilla.3F

Isn't he grey in the early films because they were black and white? LOL

#9353 2 years ago

Mail came today, thanks to everyone that voted for us.... I really appreciate it

20220406_142646 (resized).jpg20220406_142646 (resized).jpg
#9354 2 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

Mail came today, thanks to everyone that voted for us.... I really appreciate it
[quoted image]

I'll be ordering them in early summer. Can't buy all my mods before my Pro arrives. Won't be able to afford the pin LOL

#9355 2 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

[quoted image]

Congratulations! They look great.

#9356 2 years ago

Gotta make a spot in the game room for the newest addition.

20220406_153613.jpg20220406_153613.jpg
#9357 2 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Gotta make a spot in the game room for the newest addition.
[quoted image]

Congrats! The best game by a mile on the market today! I am so addicted to this game. Elwin is the best designer right now. Have fun!

#9358 2 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

[quoted image]

Glad to see this. A big fan of your mods! Congrats!

#9359 2 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

[quoted image]

Hoping to get my machine this weekend - that mod is at the top of my list!

#9360 2 years ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

Isn't he grey in the early films because they were black and white? LOL

To give you the nerdly answer, just the first one or two were b&w in the 50s and he was that grey color in the other color films until some 1999 movie. If the inter webs are to be believed.

#9361 2 years ago

Getting ready to make video about installing a playfield protector on my new 0 play virgin GZ Pro. Ramps are easy to remove. Only challenge looks like removing the building. Also picked up a new 4 ohm 8 inch pyle sub.

20220406_131158 (resized).jpg20220406_131158 (resized).jpg
#9362 2 years ago

Thanks for the art blade pics on a premium . Muymanwel

Need the Tdiddy mods and im close to being all set.

Anyone have the pinwoofer GT set up & Is it fantastic on GZ?

#9363 2 years ago

You still sell the towers? Not on your mod store anymore? Price?

#9364 2 years ago

Wow! Second game I hit 450 million or so. My previous high was something like 160 million playing on location. I don't have a clue what I am doing other than shoot the ramps to light a battle. Going to be fun learning this one.

20220406_205054.jpg20220406_205054.jpg
#9365 2 years ago

Broke this plastic above the magna grab. Anyone know where to get another? Also maybe petg protector lol

20220406_222146 (resized).jpg20220406_222146 (resized).jpg
#9366 2 years ago
Quoted from OutlawTorn304:

I’m trying to diagnose an issue but don’t have another game close to compare and hoping you guys can help me out. I’ve got a pro and im on .93 code. It seems that my magna grab is not acting like it was but I might be wrong.

Have a location pro, had someone mention the same about mine soon after the update. Was hoping it was something they did in the code... I'll try bending the left guide in also, might help who knows. I'm not exactly sure what's happening, just that its not grabbing it the same as before (falls off/doesnt grab? sometimes and SDTM on occasion). Have a pre also, no one told me that ones having any issues (I remember the magnet gets less use though).

#9367 2 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

Broke this plastic above the magna grab. Anyone know where to get another? Also maybe petg protector lol
[quoted image]

Yes, this has been a common problem. Stern is working on a solution/replacement. In the meantime you can A.)Tell your distributor and ask for a new plastic B.)Buy one from Pinball life for $5 with your next order C.) Order the steel mod that someone on Pinside was making. If you replace it there have been posts suggesting everything from rubber pads on top of the plastic to shortening the travel of the plunger in the bridge coil to prevent further damage. I haven’t tried any of them yet so I have no opinion on what works best.

#9368 2 years ago

Pic of the magnet plastic on my pro. Not sure if it is different than others machines or not. Build date last week of March.

20220406_225616.jpg20220406_225616.jpg
#9369 2 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Pic of the magnet plastic on my pro. Not sure if it is different than others machines or not. Build date last week of March.
[quoted image]

Hopefully the Rush scoop protector has a better alternate solution!

#9370 2 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

[quoted image]

I prefer this.....it really shows off the magna grab mech. I still wish they used more transparency on the plastic so you could also see that its used as a newton ball too and show the captive ball being used.

#9371 2 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Yes, this has been a common problem. Stern is working on a solution/replacement. In the meantime you can A.)Tell your distributor and ask for a new plastic B.)Buy one from Pinball life for $5 with your next order C.) Order the steel mod that someone on Pinside was making. If you replace it there have been posts suggesting everything from rubber pads on top of the plastic to shortening the travel of the plunger in the bridge coil to prevent further damage. I haven’t tried any of them yet so I have no opinion on what works best.

Mine has a hairline crack but no break. I put a small washer at the coil stop and that has restricted the motion just enough to not pound on the plastic but still plenty of room for the ball to exit at the start of bridge multiball.

#9372 2 years ago
Quoted from atg1469:

I placed my order on Sept 14th and just received the notification that my game will be ready for pickup on Monday! Got a stock pile of mods to get through so may need to take a week off from work to get this shit done, but I'm looking forward to digging in soon!

Quoted from Av8:

Getting ready to make video about installing a playfield protector on my new 0 play virgin GZ Pro. Ramps are easy to remove. Only challenge looks like removing the building. Also picked up a new 4 ohm 8 inch pyle sub.
[quoted image]

Playfield protector for a HUO machine? I've never cared for how those protectors seemed to make the ball track differently, but I guess if you're used to it then it's all good.

#9373 2 years ago

Holy hell was that fun!!

BF0596FD-84DD-4B28-8D53-92B6E258AA57 (resized).jpegBF0596FD-84DD-4B28-8D53-92B6E258AA57 (resized).jpeg
#9374 2 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

[quoted image]

Pinball life.

#9375 2 years ago
Quoted from beltking:

You still sell the towers? Not on your mod store anymore? Price?

pm me

#9376 2 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

[quoted image]

My new pro has the same. I ordered the original plastic from pinball life as I prefer the look. Sounds like I need to do something to protect it though.

#9377 2 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

Playfield protector for a HUO machine? I've never cared for how those protectors seemed to make the ball track differently, but I guess if you're used to it then it's all good.

I did the same. I have never had a playfield protector installed on my other machines, but it’s not noticeable in terms of looks or the ball tracking for me

#9378 2 years ago
Quoted from FNwoz:

My new pro has the same. I ordered the original plastic from pinball life as I prefer the look. Sounds like I need to do something to protect it though.

a clear rubber furniture bumper can do the trick

#9379 2 years ago

I still want to wait on those towers til summer since my Pro is probably coming August, but what is the price on the Towers again?

#9380 2 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

[quoted image]

Contact Stern tech support, get on list for replacement kit. Let your Distibutor know this has happened as well, Stern will email you a ticket number. Kit has not been sent out yet. Plenty of protectors out there from metal to plastics, just search this thread or the mod shops markets.

Ken

#9381 2 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

I prefer this.....it really shows off the magna grab mech. I still wish they used more transparency on the plastic so you could also see that its used as a newton ball too and show the captive ball being used.

I agree that it would have been nice to be able to see the newton ball a bit better. Having a more transparent plastic would make sense with the pro but the bridge mech blocks a lot of the view on the premium and le versions. Also, cutting that plastic short makes sense for the premium and le versions since it is the bridge mech that ultimately ends up cracking the plastic, but not so much on the pro. With that said, the new design looks fine to me. I'd take it over the longer plastic. This must be Stern's solution.

#9382 2 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

[quoted image]

I am working with cfengravingservices.com on having him cut a PETG protector. I just need to take mine off and scan it for him. He said it would be $5-6

- - - - - - - - - - -

Also, I posted this pic below on the GZ mod site as well… spent a few hours custom painting the roof mod I picked up at the Texas show.
05E1A69C-A196-4D59-9738-659C109D5804 (resized).jpeg05E1A69C-A196-4D59-9738-659C109D5804 (resized).jpeg

#9383 2 years ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

a clear rubber furniture bumper can do the trick

I ended up putting foam on the underside of the bridge to soften the pounding that the plastic takes. Hard to tell it is there unless you look hard for it. So far so good...

PXL_20220407_141416559_2 - Copy (resized).jpgPXL_20220407_141416559_2 - Copy (resized).jpg
#9384 2 years ago
Quoted from mostater:

I ended up putting foam on the underside of the bridge to soften the pounding that the plastic takes. Hard to tell it is there unless you look hard for it. So far so good...
[quoted image]

good to know there's 2 gz prems in stc

#9385 2 years ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

good to know there's 2 gz prems in stc

I did the rubber dot after the first week, have a tiny rub mark from not having it on prior, but 700 plays later still is perfect.

#9386 2 years ago
Quoted from FNwoz:

My understanding is that the issue with that plastic comes from the bridge mech, so on your pro, it shouldn't be an issue.

#9387 2 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

[quoted image]

So that's the "fix" for the MagnaGrab plastic on the new production runs eh? They just shortened the plastic so it doesn't cover the magnet. While that will help with breaks from airballs hitting the leading edge of the plastic, it will still get repetitive abuse from the bridge movement.

Candy Chrome's metal protector is still the best solution IMO.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-mod-thread/page/22#post-6825741

#9388 2 years ago

Got my speaker lights today and installed them!

4D35B9A3-2A1C-463B-BCAE-EBA3A2AC4FE3 (resized).jpeg4D35B9A3-2A1C-463B-BCAE-EBA3A2AC4FE3 (resized).jpeg
#9389 2 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

Got my speaker lights today and installed them![quoted image]

So jealous, I hope mine ship soon. Not rushing Doug in any way or complaining, I just love seeing his kits on this game.

#9390 2 years ago

The best solution to stop a bridge plastic from breaking, is to install one little washer inside the coil sleeve of that mech. It will limit the movement just enough so it won’t hit the plastic anymore. Takes about 5 minutes to do.

#9391 2 years ago

Curious what you all have set for your Shaker Motor setting in menu? When I installed it, I didn't touch the setting, but just noticed that it was set to "Maximum"? I turned it down to "Moderate" in hopes that it will fix some of the rattle in the cabinet.

Any ideas on this? Does the setting just change the frequency, or does it also impact the strength/intensity of the motor?

#9392 2 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

[quoted image]

That's how the plastic is on my new premium as well.

#9393 2 years ago
Quoted from FNwoz:

I have no issues with the plastic on my first run Godzilla pro. On premiums and LE’s the bridge hitting the plastic is causing the damage.

#9394 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

The best solution to stop a bridge plastic from breaking, is to install one little washer inside the coil sleeve of that mech. It will limit the movement just enough so it won’t hit the plastic anymore. Takes about 5 minutes to do.

do you happen to have a photo of that ?

#9395 2 years ago
Quoted from ZAuxier:

Curious what you all have set for your Shaker Motor setting in menu? When I installed it, I didn't touch the setting, but just noticed that it was set to "Maximum"? I turned it down to "Moderate" in hopes that it will fix some of the rattle in the cabinet.
Any ideas on this? Does the setting just change the frequency, or does it also impact the strength/intensity of the motor?

GZ definitely has a lot of cabinet shake vs my AIQ pro. Hardly any on mine AIQ.

#9396 2 years ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

So jealous, I hope mine ship soon. Not rushing Doug in any way or complaining, I just love seeing his kits on this game.

Love mine!!

#9397 2 years ago
Quoted from ZAuxier:

You can try turning one of the weights on the shaker motor 90 degrees. That will lessen the vibration

#9398 2 years ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

Where can one order these lights?

#9399 2 years ago
Quoted from Noma2017:

Where can one order these lights?

DugFreez 's site, SpeakerLightKits.com

#9400 2 years ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

DugFreez 's site, SpeakerLightKits.com

How about the cityscape speaker panel? Or make it yourself?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 45.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 125.88
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ChainsawMods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Myers, FL
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 80.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Blacklick, OH
9,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Gilroy, CA
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Minnetrista, MN
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Performance Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 27,294 posts in this topic. You are on page 188 of 546.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/188?hl=eyeamred2u and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.