gdz opto receiver (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_215256_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1439 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408-172718 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240408-172819 (resized).png
IMG_0307 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5052 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,333 posts in this topic. You are on page 187 of 547.
#9301 2 years ago

Hopefully so.....I had just read in one of the older posts that stern likes to run lean on their power distribution without a lot of extra left over for much of a draw....Leds shouldnt draw that much but wasnt sure If most of these mods tied into just the GI would be too much...I would rather buy a 50.00 separate power supply then be risking it. I never worried about these things with the old williams/bally or my spooky machines. No node boards to worry about

Quoted from Apinjunkie:

You should be just fine, installing all the mods mentioned. Just follow each one's installation instructions. There are a number of folks running all the ones you have mentioned, and more,without issues.

#9302 2 years ago

Anyone have a pic of the GZ premium art blades ?

#9303 2 years ago
Quoted from Mookie:

Anyone have a pic of the GZ premium art blades ?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#9304 2 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

New Bank Godzilla 30 dollar Mod is pretty cool. I'll give 200 dollars to whoever can animate one that shoots sparks out of mouth. LOL

I don't know about shooting sparks, but after 4 months of development, I'm getting close to revealing my Atomic Breath Godzilla Mod. If all goes to plan, hopefully I'll be up & running by the end of the month. I think many of you will be pleasantly surprised!

#9305 2 years ago

I placed my order on Sept 14th and just received the notification that my game will be ready for pickup on Monday! Got a stock pile of mods to get through so may need to take a week off from work to get this shit done, but I'm looking forward to digging in soon!

#9306 2 years ago
Quoted from atg1469:

I placed my order on Sept 14th and just received the notification that my game will be ready for pickup on Monday! Got a stock pile of mods to get through so may need to take a week off from work to get this shit done, but I'm looking forward to digging in soon!

Awesome congrats!! You go pro or premium?

#9307 2 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

I don't know about shooting sparks, but after 4 months of development, I'm getting close to revealing my Atomic Breath Godzilla Mod. If all goes to plan, hopefully I'll be up & running by the end of the month. I think many of you will be pleasantly surprised!

I have a Neca Godzilla will this mod work for existing figures as an add on?

#9308 2 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

I really like the artwork, but having Gozilla text on it makes that part redundant.

Geez, nitpick. I think they look great

#9309 2 years ago

My first NIB game and I must say that even though I don't know what's going on half the time, this game is bonkers. I actually never played Godzilla before I bought this one, but when I saw the videos of the unique pathing routes and shots, I knew that this would be a game that I'd like. Judge Dredd is my favorite game for various reasons, and there is quite a bit of similarity between GZ and JD in terms of flow and speed. Awesome game that will keep me busy for a while.

IMG_20220405_175710751 (resized).jpgIMG_20220405_175710751 (resized).jpg
#9310 2 years ago

Had to trim the right arm a bit but the bank fits now. 10/10 would recommend and a great mod for $30... especially if you paint it.

20220405_192653 (resized).jpg20220405_192653 (resized).jpg20220405_192659 (resized).jpg20220405_192659 (resized).jpg
#9311 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Had to trim the right arm a bit but the bank fits now. 10/10 would recommend and a great mod for $30... especially if you paint it.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Does the bank really come in this nasty grey color I am seeing on Amazon or is that a bad photo?

https://www.amazon.com/DIAMOND-SELECT-TOYS-Godzilla-Classic/dp/B00H48PX94

#9312 2 years ago
Quoted from jackd104:

Does the bank really come in this nasty grey color I am seeing on Amazon or is that a bad photo?
amazon.com link »

It is that nasty grey. I repainted mine, but left the teeth, claws, and eyes the original colors.

I picked this bank. From what I can tell it is the exact same mold as the bust just with the entire body.

https://www.amazon.com/DIAMOND-SELECT-TOYS-Godzilla-Classic/dp/B00HSZMC7E/ref=sr_1_8

Would make a good topper.

#9313 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Geez, nitpick. I think they look great

Not really. If I’m going to drop $100 on something, I wouldn’t want the Godzilla text 5 inches from Godzilla text.

#9314 2 years ago

Not really. If I’m going to drop $100 on something, I wouldn’t want the Godzilla text 5 inches from Godzilla text.

Like the turtle topper?

#9315 2 years ago

As long as you’re okay with a 1989 Godzilla in a game that is representative of the Showa Era of Godzilla films from 1954–1975. Yeah, I’m a Godzilla nerd. LOL!

Perfect size, though. I’m not a fan of Stern’s toy being considerably smaller than Mechagodzilla. Who’s the star of the show?

#9316 2 years ago

Easy, don't buy then

#9317 2 years ago

It is that nasty grey. I repainted mine, but left the teeth, claws, and eyes the original colors.
I picked this bank. From what I can tell it is the exact same mold as the bust just with the entire body.
amazon.com link »
Would make a good topper.

Been looking at that one too. Do you have any pics installed?

#9318 2 years ago

I know not specifically pinball related, but was surprised to find Godzilla has his own star in Hollywood...you should of seen his foot prints in cement !!

6FFA3B27-4AD0-48AA-84AD-D5FD62165DA7 (resized).jpeg6FFA3B27-4AD0-48AA-84AD-D5FD62165DA7 (resized).jpeg
#9319 2 years ago

Looks like I'll be picking up my premium this weekend!

I'm just trying to make sure I'm getting everything I need to get it running smoothly, so any suggestions would be appreciated.

I'm picking up a set of Titan rubbers based on this suggested list (https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/view/id/2002), and 6 of their shiny pinballs.

Also getting the Pinball Life shaker motor, and their headphone jack/volume control (I have a baby, so I need to adjust it).

Planning on getting the side armor (it looks really nice) and art blades, but might need to budget for those.

I think people suggested replacing the flipper coils and sleeves right out of the box, but wanted to confirm this.

Anything I'm missing?

#9320 2 years ago
Quoted from tbaum:

I'm just trying to make sure I'm getting everything I need to get it running smoothly, so any suggestions would be appreciated.
I'm picking up a set of Titan rubbers based on this suggested list (https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/view/id/2002), and 6 of their shiny pinballs.
Also getting the Pinball Life shaker motor, and their headphone jack/volume control (I have a baby, so I need to adjust it).
Planning on getting the side armor (it looks really nice) and art blades, but might need to budget for those.
I think people suggested replacing the flipper coils and sleeves right out of the box, but wanted to confirm this.
Anything I'm missing?

No reason to touch the flippers.

#9321 2 years ago
Quoted from tbaum:

Anything I'm missing?

Standard shiny balls. Not super shiny.

#9322 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Not flipper coils, but the coil stops.

#9323 2 years ago
Quoted from jackd104:

Not flipper coils, but the coil stops.

No reason to touch those right away either. They aren’t a 100% failure rate. Just keep spares and replace as needed.

#9324 2 years ago

Now that more folks have gotten their game id figure id ask again. Anyone have the ball make contact with the wire forms a lot on its way back down toward the flippers? On a fast shot mine will hit the standups by the building, and get airborne a bit and hit the wireforms on way back down.

#9325 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Now that more folks have gotten their game id figure id ask again. Anyone have the ball make contact with the wire forms a lot on its way back down toward the flippers? On a fast shot mine will hit the standups by the building, and get airborne a bit and hit the wireforms on way back down.

Yep. Happens all the time. Maser cannon target too does this.

#9326 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yep. Happens all the time. Maser cannon target too does this.

Ok thanks. Mine is mostly when hitting tesla standups near building.

#9327 2 years ago

Woo! Joined the club! My 2 distributors never got back to me, so I found a slightly less than new game not terribly far from me. It's now in the living room! While I figure out how to get it down to the basement, it gets top billing in the front room. Wife (and me, frankly) will tolerate it for about a week.

No issues so far, have installed the TDiddy building and Tesla mods. Tesla mods are a MUST have, frankly. Game looked a little empty without them. The building is such a huge upgrade too.

Still learning the rules, right now I'm trying to get to the Tank multiball. After 25 games the furthest I got was 5 tanks! I'll get it today...

my 3D printer is down, but once I bring that back to life I'll be printing some UFOs...

#9328 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Standard shiny balls. Not super shiny.

Good to know - why is that? And so, just buy these? https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=57&product_id=69

#9329 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Cool appreciate it - I just heard there were issues with some people's, but I'm happy to play for a bit and replace as needed

#9330 2 years ago
Quoted from tbaum:

Anything I'm missing?

the auto-plunge power value can be reduced (it'll too frequently hit the area near the building at its default state), be sure to really check your left to right level, as being even a fraction off can lead to missing the upper flipper from the magnagrab, sdtm from the building more often, etc.

#9331 2 years ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

the auto-plunge power value can be reduced (it'll too frequently hit the area near the building at its default state), be sure to really check your left to right level, as being even a fraction off can lead to missing the upper flipper from the magnagrab, sdtm from the building more often, etc.

Got my level ready

Had similar issues with my Iron Maiden and the autoplunger. Seems like Keith really wants your machine dialed in.

#9332 2 years ago

Super shiny will magnetize. These will not. Your link is good.

#9333 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Super shiny will magnetize. These will not. Your link is good.

Perfect - thanks for the clarification!

#9334 2 years ago

On the flipper coil stops. How will someone know if they are broken or bad. Can you tell while playing game? Godzilla is my first Stern. So I do not know what to watch for?

#9335 2 years ago
Quoted from tonyf1965:

On the flipper coil stops. How will someone know if they are broken or bad. Can you tell while playing game? Godzilla is my first Stern. So I do not know what to watch for?

The flippers get crazy weak or start sticking in the up position. Sometimes it’s very easy to tell just by looking at the stops as they are physically broken.

Just play. If the game plays fine, no worries.

#9336 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

The flippers get crazy weak or start sticking in the up position. Sometimes it’s very easy to tell just by looking at the stops as they are physically broken.
Just play. If the game plays fine, no worries.

Or brass shavings all over coin box area

#9337 2 years ago

Anyone put mirror blades on theirs? Im curious to see what it would look like since I'm not really a fan of the art blades.

#9338 2 years ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Hello, godzilla fire where can i buy ?

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg
#9339 2 years ago
Quoted from tonyf1965:

Unless they stick in the up position you might not know. I like to put my finger on the button of the stop then manually raise the flipper. The button should not move or wiggle. You'll see black or brass shavings on the stop as others have said.

#9340 2 years ago
Quoted from fhk:

Hello, godzilla fire where can i buy ?[quoted image]

This comes with certain godzilla figures, it is not an add-on. There is a figure made by "NECA" which includes this fire

#9341 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Esto viene con ciertas figuras de Godzilla, no es un complemento. Hay una figura hecha por "NECA" que incluye este fuego

you can send web for i see this?

#9342 2 years ago
Quoted from fhk:

Google Neca 1956 Movie Poster Version

#9343 2 years ago

Just to share. The lost ball and 2 balls in the trough issue was caused by the balls not registering in the trough, on my Premium with shaker motor.
Reseated these connections, all good now.

SmartSelect_20220406-104230_Evernote (resized).jpgSmartSelect_20220406-104230_Evernote (resized).jpg
#9344 2 years ago
Quoted from jackd104:

amazon.com link »

I prefer the nasty grey one,looks closer to the video in the game too.

#9345 2 years ago
Quoted from fhk:

I got this version. Do you think it will stay on with the shaking from the shaker motor?

#9346 2 years ago
Quoted from Noma2017:

I got this version. Do you think it will stay on with the shaking from the shaker motor?

All you do is use a little crazy glue! Mine has been on for months and its not going anywhere!

20220406_090759 (resized).jpg20220406_090759 (resized).jpg
#9347 2 years ago
Quoted from tonyf1965:

My flippers actually started hitting the inlane guides and causing balls to bounce off the guide rail, making ball control very difficult. It took me a while to figure it out, but the coil stops had already started to seriously divot, allowing the flippers to travel higher and higher. Sometimes the coil stops start to break apart and you'll see gold flakes accumulating in the cabinet. I replaced them with the pinballlife ones and the flippers perform much more consistently.

#9348 2 years ago
Quoted from Noma2017:

I have that gz and a shaker on full. i put a screw into his foot through the hole in the acrylic where the old model was mounted and have had no movement

#9349 2 years ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

I have that gz and a shaker on full. i put a screw into his foot through the hole in the acrylic where the old model was mounted and have had no movement

Ouchy! Lol

#9350 2 years ago

After 7 months of patiently waiting... the King has arrived!
Next round of Premiums are shipping!!!
Really looking forward to diving in and learning this game.
Thanks to ZMeny and FlipNOut pinball for the communication along the way and the help in getting me this masterpiece as soon as possible!

IMG_2513 (resized).JPGIMG_2513 (resized).JPG
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 45.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 125.88
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ChainsawMods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

16,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 80.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Island, NY
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Performance Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 27,333 posts in this topic. You are on page 187 of 547.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/187?hl=eyeamred2u and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.