Screenshot_20240408-172819 (resized).png
IMG_0307 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5052 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
4A684A67-61F1-4FF0-8236-BF6E38F58AE9 (resized).jpeg
pinside.66273470719090863a8972d23c0880d26136302f (resized).jpg
E8926C7A-0B80-451C-BFC6-B6F8BA766F07 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,299 posts in this topic. You are on page 186 of 546.
#9251 2 years ago

Now I just need to figure out how to LED it. I really want to do two colors (red and white) that interact with the game GI lights.

D0CCFFF7-9ADB-4CD3-A042-F7FD831429C1 (resized).jpegD0CCFFF7-9ADB-4CD3-A042-F7FD831429C1 (resized).jpeg
#9252 2 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

Now I just need to figure out how to LED it. I really want to do two colors (red and white) that interact with the game GI lights.
[quoted image]

Looks awesome! I see that and I can hear the twins singing in my head.

#9253 2 years ago
Quoted from unclerudy:

Would a giant blob of solder be the best fix for that? If it is running on a single small strand of wiring, that seems a little not smart, if it needs to be connected to run.

Extend out the wire that's all bent up and resolder to rivet, check top side for broken coil lead and resolder if necessary, I re read your post, if it was working Friday.... You probably did that resting the playfield too far forward. Were you installing mods or something?

#9254 2 years ago
Quoted from unclerudy:

Would a giant blob of solder be the best fix for that? If it is running on a single small strand of wiring, that seems a little not smart, if it needs to be connected to run.

Call your distributor, explain to them the problem and have Stern send you a new coil.

#9255 2 years ago
Quoted from ZAuxier:

Would be happy to pay for the nicer version too...I can see this NIB thing becoming quite the ritual. Wahoo!

One of us ... one of us ...

#9256 2 years ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

Call your distributor, explain to them the problem and have Stern send you a new coil.

Unnecessary, It's easily fixable.

#9257 2 years ago

Just delivered. Installed a shaker, knocker, Polk subwoofer. Loving this game so far!

5C4065E1-806B-4588-BB28-F1F4EEEECB46 (resized).jpeg5C4065E1-806B-4588-BB28-F1F4EEEECB46 (resized).jpeg
#9258 2 years ago
Quoted from wisefwumyogwave:

Extend out the wire that's all bent up and resolder to rivet, check top side for broken coil lead and resolder if necessary, I re read your post, if it was working Friday.... You probably did that resting the playfield too far forward. Were you installing mods or something?

I was putting on art blades

#9259 2 years ago
Quoted from unclerudy:

Got my machine on Friday, and Saturday morning the scoop eject mechanism failed. I ran tests on it, and I can't get the coil to fire. The ball detection switch works, so I am wondering what the potential cause could be. The solder joint looks a little weak but still complete, and the cover is no longer on it.
Here are a few pictures of the area. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That’s not right. Did you do a continuity check on this wire … while you wiggle it.

C705D654-7FBE-4FC6-BB12-305874AC747B (resized).jpegC705D654-7FBE-4FC6-BB12-305874AC747B (resized).jpeg
#9260 2 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

That’s not right. Did you do a continuity check on this wire … while you wiggle it.
[quoted image]

That black wire ultimately is not connected to the coil see the previous page towards the end I circled it in red he banged this coil on something, most likely on the lockdown bar receiver?probably installing mods or maybe the factory did it and it shaved off the lead from the rivet, all he has to do is reconnect the coil lead to the lug.

#9261 2 years ago
Quoted from Noma2017:

My 8 year old likes Destroy All Monsters so far. We are about 2/3 of way through.

I was hoping they would base the pin on this movie. I hear they couldn't get the rights. They sort of turned Invasion of the Astro Monster into the overarching story. They did a great job. Your son might like the Gamera movies as well, especially Gamera the brave which about a boy and his giant turtle.

#9262 2 years ago
Quoted from gamera9:

I was hoping they would base the pin on this movie. I hear they couldn't get the rights. They sort of turned Invasion of the Astro Monster into the overarching story. They did a great job. Your son might like the Gamera movies as well, especially Gamera the brave which about a boy and his giant turtle.

I swear to god if someone releases a Gamera pin and I end up with Ultraman, Godzilla, Gamera, I might just die happy.

#9263 2 years ago

Anyone know if all of this runs premiums have shipped? Or are distributors still getting more shipped to them?

#9264 2 years ago

Operation Pinball just tried to scalp my Godzilla order to me (placed in November). I'm looking for another good distributor.

#9265 2 years ago

My scoop ejector got fixed by connecting a single strand to the coil lug. It looks all of the coils in the machine are connected to the respective lugs by a single strand. Seems like a potential quality issue where ever there is a coil.

#9266 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I swear to god if someone releases a Gamera pin and I end up with Ultraman, Godzilla, Gamera, I might just die happy.

Agreed. I know Spooky wants to do it.

#9267 2 years ago
Quoted from ianwho:

Anyone know if all of this runs premiums have shipped? Or are distributors still getting more shipped to them?

I got my final invoice on Friday. I have not received shipping info yet. My distro doesn't bill final until they are ready to ship from Stern. Once they have it in their warehouse I expect to get shipping info. Hopefully early this week.

Good luck.

#9268 2 years ago

Have any modifications been made to the bridge mech / magna grab plastic to deal with the commonly broken plastic on the first run premiums and LEs? I have a warranty claim in for this issue and assumed any fixes would be showing up on the recently unboxed premiums.

#9269 2 years ago
Quoted from unclerudy:

My scoop ejector got fixed by connecting a single strand to the coil lug. It looks all of the coils in the machine are connected to the respective lugs by a single strand. Seems like a potential quality issue where ever there is a coil.

No it's not. All coils in all games are like that. You damaged yours installing mods. It has visible physical damage, It was clearly user error. And you are welcome btw.

#9270 2 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Operation Pinball just tried to scalp my Godzilla order to me (placed in November). I'm looking for another good distributor.

Not sure I am following this...you placed an order in November for the game at a certain amount and now they want to sell the game to you at a higher amount. Is that what you mean by scalping? Did you give them a down payment?

I like Pinball Pro and think Greg is a straight shooter. I'm not sure if he has any in stock, but you can check.

#9271 2 years ago
Quoted from mostater:

Not sure I am following this...you placed an order in November for the game at a certain amount and now they want to sell the game to you at a higher amount. Is that what you mean by scalping? Did you give them a down payment?
I like Pinball Pro and think Greg is a straight shooter. I'm not sure if he has any in stock, but you can check.

Partially correct sir. I confirmed with them the price (twice), put my name down (with assurances I'm near the top of the list) and was told March. No deposit made but I'd not needed one with them in the past. So yes, telling me one price then telling me another come sales date I call scalping.

#9272 2 years ago
Quoted from unclerudy:

It looks all of the coils in the machine are connected to the respective lugs by a single strand. Seems like a potential quality issue where ever there is a coil.

If you think a single strand of wire to the lug is bad, you should look at what a coil actually is.

#9273 2 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Partially correct sir. I confirmed with them the price (twice), put my name down (with assurances I'm near the top of the list) and was told March. No deposit made but I'd not needed one with them in the past. So yes, telling me one price then telling me another come sales date I call scalping.

My distributor gives me an invoice that shows price, deposit paid, and remaining balance. Feels more solid that way. Maybe insist on something like that.

#9274 2 years ago
Quoted from jackd104:

My distributor gives me an invoice that shows price, deposit paid, and remaining balance. Feels more solid that way. Maybe insist on something like that.

Lesson learned for sure! I thought having good previous experience was enough, but not so much. I think the biggest thing was that I'd sent them business many times and told people that they were an honest good business. I'm just trying to undo some of that damage.

#9275 2 years ago

If I had time.... I would MOD the Sound a video assets to feature Pokemon complete with Animations.
However didn't want the cease and desist so it's squashed.

#9276 2 years ago

Inscribed solutions arrived today, gz and rush. Very nice quality, perfect fit. Well done!!. Now, if only I had them for Met and EHOH

20220404_145045 (resized).jpg20220404_145045 (resized).jpg20220404_145123 (resized).jpg20220404_145123 (resized).jpg

#9277 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Quoted from gamera9:

Thanks as always. Pinside is a great place. Getting it set up tonight with mods, but will continue with the movies!

#9278 2 years ago

New Bank godzilla... painted by hand. Almost fits... have to figure out how to trim and place him perfectly. Amazing results for $30

Mine seems different than what others used as it came with legs and a tail. Would make part of a great topper.

20220404_113535 (resized).jpg20220404_113535 (resized).jpg20220404_163534 (resized).jpg20220404_163534 (resized).jpg20220404_165424 (resized).jpg20220404_165424 (resized).jpg20220404_165914 (resized).jpg20220404_165914 (resized).jpg20220404_180118 (resized).jpg20220404_180118 (resized).jpg20220404_195330 (resized).jpg20220404_195330 (resized).jpg
#9279 2 years ago

I’m trying to diagnose an issue but don’t have another game close to compare and hoping you guys can help me out. I’ve got a pro and im on .93 code. It seems that my magna grab is not acting like it was but I might be wrong. What im noticing is that when I hit the building shot the magnet doesn’t always grab the ball and swing it left before releasing and will sometimes send it right down the middle. Occasionally the magna grab doesn’t grab when the insert is lit and the captive ball is struck either however I’ve seen that same kind of thing out my Metallica where sometimes the magnet just doesn’t get ahold of the ball. If anyone can verify whether im right or wrong about the ball passing through the building shot would be helpful.

#9280 2 years ago
Quoted from OutlawTorn304:

I’m trying to diagnose an issue but don’t have another game close to compare and hoping you guys can help me out. I’ve got a pro and im on .93 code. It seems that my magna grab is not acting like it was but I might be wrong. What im noticing is that when I hit the building shot the magnet doesn’t always grab the ball and swing it left before releasing and will sometimes send it right down the middle. Occasionally the magna grab doesn’t grab when the insert is lit and the captive ball is struck either however I’ve seen that same kind of thing out my Metallica where sometimes the magnet just doesn’t get ahold of the ball. If anyone can verify whether im right or wrong about the ball passing through the building shot would be helpful.

Is it swinging left at all or just a bit? My left guide, behind the ball, worked it's way out, causing the ball to not swing as far and occasionally knock it off magnet. Loosen the first post, squeeze it inwards and tighten. Helped immensely here.

#9281 2 years ago

I put on Titan glow rubbers,Ulekstore's flipper toppers and the scoop sign from Mezelmod. I figured I'd post a pic for everyone to see incase anyone has been wondering how any of these look installed.

20220403_162951 (resized).jpg20220403_162951 (resized).jpg
#9282 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Is it swinging left at all or just a bit? My left guide, behind the ball, worked it's way out, causing the ball to not swing as far and occasionally knock it off magnet. Loosen the first post, squeeze it inwards and tighten. Helped immensely here.

When it swings left it swings like it’s supposed to but sometimes it’s like the magnet barely grabs it and slides on by and SDTM. And like I mentioned before it doesn’t always grab on the captive ball hit even when the shot is lit

#9283 2 years ago

Build date March 21, 2022 GZ Pro in the house! What a gorgeous pin. Finally have my ideal small line up. GZ, Rush LE and AIQ Prem.

I am installing a full playfield protector on the virgin GZ tomorrow. Should be easy. Just remove the ramps and a few side plastics. Lays right on.

Next install shaker motor. Bamboo Jet led Mod. Titan rubbers. Mirror blades on order. Better than art imo. 6 inch Neca Artic GZ figure ordered. Sling mylar on shooter lane.

The sound is surprisingly OK. How do I convert the speakers to Stern LE Kenmore's? Her is a picture of my rush Le bb speaker. I want a cheaper speaker upgrade. Not into external sub. Pyle 8 inch Sub?

20220404_111415 (resized).jpg20220404_111415 (resized).jpg20220404_192804 (resized).jpg20220404_192804 (resized).jpg20220404_201757 (resized).jpg20220404_201757 (resized).jpg

#9284 2 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

Build date March 21, 2022 GZ Pro in the house! What a gorgeous pin. Finally have my ideal small line up. GZ, Rush LE and AIQ Prem.
I am installing a full playfield protector on the virgin GZ tomorrow. Should be easy. Just remove the ramps and a few side plastics. Lays right on.
Next install shaker motor. Bamboo Jet led Mod. Titan rubbers. Mirror blades on order. Better than art imo. 6 inch Neca Artic GZ figure ordered. Sling mylar on shooter lane.
The sound is surprisingly OK. How do I convert the speakers to Stern LE Kenmore's? Her is a picture of my rush Le bb speaker. I want a cheaper speaker upgrade. Not into external sub. Pyle 8 inch Sub?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats! This is the go-to thread for DIY sound upgrades. The OP has done a pile of research as to what works and doesn’t

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/improving-sound-quality-the-diy-route/

#9285 2 years ago

ebay.com link: Japan JASDF Blue Impluse 1st Generation Air Show F 86 Sabre Fighter Aircraft S62
If anyone still looking, these are plastic. I super glued em together, been in a month now, no issues. Well, only issue is 3 weeks delivery, but,,

#9286 2 years ago

I am so sick of waiting for my GZ Premium, I was a day 1 order and frustrated beyond belief! Meanwhile I see Rush pins going out and some spare GZ's NIB being sold. It's Killing me!! Was supposed to be a "March delivery". Dealer is telling me they are not sure still. UGH.

It was hard enough to accept that for Mando I paid about $1K less, but now the wait has just become ridiculous.

Just a rant I needed to get off my chest. Thanks for reading. Carry on with your joyful, cheerful Godzilla gameplay, code, and happy mods while I suffer.

#9287 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

New Bank godzilla... painted by hand. Almost fits... have to figure out how to trim and place him perfectly. Amazing results for $30
Mine seems different than what others used as it came with legs and a tail. Would make part of a great topper.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

16921FE7-6BC8-4208-9D11-5967B8253882 (resized).jpeg16921FE7-6BC8-4208-9D11-5967B8253882 (resized).jpegC7FCEB52-FF1F-4F3C-BFAF-DFE343209B05 (resized).jpegC7FCEB52-FF1F-4F3C-BFAF-DFE343209B05 (resized).jpeg
#9288 2 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That speaker pic is how your Rush LE arrived from the factory? If so....it looks like they have changed things up a bit. There is normally a gasket and 4 spacers between each speaker and the speaker plate. I see the gaskets are still listed in the manual, but not the spacers. You picture shows neither.

Also....the part number for the speaker ring is the same as The Munsters LE and Jurassic Park LE, but it's defiantly not the same part. You picture actually looks like one of my mirrored acrylic surrounds and not the factory gold metal (as yours looks grey on the back) and The Munster LE and Jurassic Park LE ones were the same gold / brass color on both sides........and cut differently.

In any case......I'm just not sure what I am looking at there, because it doesn't look factory to me.

Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

#9289 2 years ago

New Bank Godzilla 30 dollar Mod is pretty cool. I'll give 200 dollars to whoever can animate one that shoots sparks out of mouth. LOL

#9290 2 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

New Bank Godzilla 30 dollar Mod is pretty cool. I'll give 200 dollars to whoever can animate one that shoots sparks out of mouth. LOL

...and if whoever does that applies something flammable to the bridge, I'll throw in another 20 on top of that, for posted video.

#9291 2 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

I put on Titan glow rubbers,Ulekstore's flipper toppers and the scoop sign from Mezelmod. I figured I'd post a pic for everyone to see incase anyone has been wondering how any of these look installed.
[quoted image]

These look great. I just bought flipper rubbers. I did not know about the sling and post rubbers. What size rings are the sling rubbers?

#9292 2 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

These look great. I just bought flipper rubbers. I did not know about the sling and post rubbers. What size rings are the sling rubbers?

https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/view/id/2002

here's the full kit of rubbers for GZ. You can also find a list of sizes in the manual from stern's site: https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/10/Godzilla_LE_Pre_web.pdf (page 36)

#9293 2 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

I built the kit using the guide someone posted on Titan Pinballs site

#9294 2 years ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/view/id/2002
here's the full kit of rubbers for GZ. You can also find a list of sizes in the manual from stern's site: https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/10/Godzilla_LE_Pre_web.pdf (page 36)

Saved! I wasn't sure about those colors until your picture. They look great!

#9295 2 years ago

Anyone running plastic protectors on their Premium? I’m thinking just slingshots and outlanes looking for recommends, and/or pics with whatever color options are out there. Or a recommend to pass if they are a waste of $$ on GZ.

#9296 2 years ago
Quoted from tbaum:

to clarify, these are the colors specifically in that kit: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/133#post-6730580

#9297 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Inscribed solutions arrived today, gz and rush. Very nice quality, perfect fit. Well done!!. Now, if only I had them for Met and EHOH
[quoted image][quoted image]

I really like the artwork, but having Gozilla text on it makes that part redundant.

#9298 2 years ago
Quoted from tbaum:

Same here but figured there's not many rubbers so if I didn't like it I'll buy a different color.

#9299 2 years ago

Looking for suggestions on powering mods for Godzilla. I've seen several solutions but being my first nib game I'm not wanting to damage any of the node boards. List of led mods I'll be running. Godzilla with lighted atomic breath, mechzilla with led lighted eyes, lermods Tesla mod, flaming frames, home made topper with burning building made with the insides of a flame bulb for home use lol. 20 inch led strip from comet pinball and two blue spotlights magnum bulbs. All except the flaming frames run off of standard 5-6.3 volts my worry is tying everything into the GI might be too much of a strain and damage something.

Should I go with the pinball life spike 2 separate power supply?

Thanks!

#9300 2 years ago
Quoted from awassig:

Looking for suggestions on powering mods for Godzilla. I've seen several solutions but being my first nib game I'm not wanting to damage any of the node boards. List of led mods I'll be running. Godzilla with lighted atomic breath, mechzilla with led lighted eyes, lermods Tesla mod, flaming frames, home made topper with burning building made with the insides of a flame bulb for home use lol. 20 inch led strip from cointaker and two blue spotlights magnum bulbs. All except the flaming frames run off of standard 5-6.3 volts my worry is tying everything into the GI might be too much of a strain and damage something.
Should I go with the pinball life spike 2 separate power supply?
Thanks!

You should be just fine, installing all the mods mentioned. Just follow each one's installation instructions. There are a number of folks running all the ones you have mentioned, and more,without issues.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Gov's Mods

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Brookings, OR
$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Chula Vista, CA
$ 210.00
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Loveland, CO
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
BomberMods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

€ 178.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 27,299 posts in this topic. You are on page 186 of 546.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/186?hl=poopsmagee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.