Screenshot_20240408_215256_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1439 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408-172718 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240408-172819 (resized).png
IMG_0307 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5052 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,318 posts in this topic. You are on page 185 of 547.
#9201 2 years ago

Has anyone had trouble with the magna grab locking on? My pro has been holding on to the ball after a multi ball and won’t let go until the ball search function cycles and it drops it.

#9202 2 years ago
Quoted from OutlawTorn304:

Has anyone had trouble with the magna grab locking on? My pro has been holding on to the ball after a multi ball and won’t let go until the ball search function cycles and it drops it.

Replace the balls. I suggest Titan pinball standard shiny pinballs.

#9203 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Replace the balls. I suggest Titan pinball standard shiny pinballs.

It’s a brand new game and i just put brand new balls in it and they might have 15 games on them. Same balls I use in Metallica and don’t have any trouble.

#9204 2 years ago
Quoted from OutlawTorn304:

It’s a brand new game and i just put brand new balls in it and they might have 15 games on them. Same balls I use in Metallica and don’t have any trouble.

Where did you get them? The only balls I’ve never had issues with are specifically the Titan standard shiny pinballs. I’ve had balls magnetize with one pull of a magnet before. Easy to verify if yours are magnetized though. Put a small paper clip on each one or line them up and pull them apart very slowly.

But reading your post again, since the ball search drops it, it does seem like power is being applied to the magnet when it shouldn’t be.

#9205 2 years ago

I went the route of the AIQ shooter rod. Looks great. I’m glad I did.

#9206 2 years ago

Did Karl post the list of secret combos ? or anybody else ?

#9207 2 years ago
Quoted from mayo:

Did Karl post the list of secret combos ? or anybody else ?

Please share via PM. I would like to find them on my own.

#9208 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Please share via PM. I would like to find them on my own.

Aren’t these on the rule sheet Stern has on their website?

#9209 2 years ago
Quoted from FNwoz:

Aren’t these on the rule sheet Stern has on their website?

secret combos aren't listed on the rules sheet or on the patch notes

#9210 2 years ago

Thats why they are "secret"

#9211 2 years ago
Quoted from MaxIsDead:

Hahahahha

#9212 2 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

No lol. Quite the contrary. I’m a remarkably average player but I haven’t gotten close in almost 500 games

Ah, well, if it helps, every game since has been absolute dogshit lol.

#9213 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Where did you get them? The only balls I’ve never had issues with are specifically the Titan standard shiny pinballs. I’ve had balls magnetize with one pull of a magnet before. Easy to verify if yours are magnetized though. Put a small paper clip on each one or line them up and pull them apart very slowly.
But reading your post again, since the ball search drops it, it does seem like power is being applied to the magnet when it shouldn’t be.

I get them from Marco. Something is up with magnet for sure. When I make the building shot it doesn’t always grab the ball and lets it drain down the middle. It also doesn’t grab the ball when hit when the magna grab insert is lit

#9214 2 years ago

I would put the game into test and see if you can get more info that way. Reseat any connectors going to the magnet under the playfield and reinstall the code.

#9215 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I would put the game into test and see if you can get more info that way. Reseat any connectors going to the magnet under the playfield and reinstall the code.

All tests pass, no tech notifications. I’ll reseat and reinstall and see what happens.

#9216 2 years ago

today, in "unique places to stick a ball"... (managed to ricochet in from behind, while the building was up)

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#9217 2 years ago
Quoted from MaxIsDead:

Just looked it up. There are plenty of other "Secrets" revealed in the rulesheet. Just not the combos. I appreciate the asinine response though.

#9218 2 years ago

I don' think it's even remotely an asinine response

#9219 2 years ago
61B1F6FE-B352-4EC1-BAC8-202E7B435888.gif61B1F6FE-B352-4EC1-BAC8-202E7B435888.gif
#9220 2 years ago

What an improvement. Thanks to whoever figured this out.

IMG_0421 (resized).jpegIMG_0421 (resized).jpeg
#9221 2 years ago
Quoted from SlapDrain:

[quoted image]

Where did you buy? Too many posts to try to find

#9222 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Where did you buy? Too many posts to try to find

I found it on ebay under "Godzilla Diamond Select Figure 2020 Toho 1974 Bank Movie Retro". Lots of cutting and shaping to get him to fit but worth it.

#9223 2 years ago

Looks great

#9224 2 years ago
Quoted from SlapDrain:

[quoted image]

I don’t know if it’s the scale, the position related to the bridge and buildings or the “goofy” look on that era of GZ but I frickin love it.

#9225 2 years ago

Can someone please give me a top 3 Godzilla movies to watch prior to playing this machine? Would love to watch a few movies with my son to get pumped up for the machine we plan to boot up in the next day or two (mods arriving)

#9226 2 years ago

Added the alternate translite.

#9227 2 years ago
Quoted from Noma2017:

Can someone please give me a top 3 Godzilla movies to watch prior to playing this machine? Would love to watch a few movies with my son to get pumped up for the machine we plan to boot up in the next day or two (mods arriving)

All of them are free and streaming on HBO Go, but are with subtitles.

Most are available "free with ads" on youtube.

I recommend "All Monsters Attack" if you want a good mix of all of the Monsters fighting.

Terror of Mechagodzilla is another good one if you want more story elements.

Finally, Mothra probably has the best "story".

I have not seen all of the Godzilla movies, and my kids vastly prefer the modern ones like Godzilla vs Kong, but between the three movies I listed almost all of the Kaiju in the pinball machine are shown fighting and this is the peak of the campy Godzilla era. My 5 and 8 year old loved these movies but the 10 year old got bored instantly. Of note, the "aliens" in the Mechagodzilla were terrifying to my 5 year old. These looked like people in planet of the apes costumes spray painted green. Jurassic Park? Fine. Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom? Fine... but green spray painted monkey suits are a bridge too far. Only warning as I don't know how old your kiddo is.

Great movies to talk over and make fun of and all are family friendly.

#9228 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:All of them are free and streaming on HBO Go, but are with subtitles.
Most are available "free with ads" on youtube.
I recommend "All Monsters Attack" if you want a good mix of all of the Monsters fighting.
Terror of Mechagodzilla is another good one if you want more story elements.
Finally, Mothra probably has the best "story".
I have not seen all of the Godzilla movies, and my kids vastly prefer the modern ones like Godzilla vs Kong, but between the three movies I listed almost all of the Kaiju in the pinball machine are shown fighting and this is the peak of the campy Godzilla era. My 5 and 8 year old loved these movies but the 10 year old got bored instantly. Of note, the "aliens" in the Mechagodzilla were terrifying to my 5 year old. These looked like people in planet of the apes costumes spray painted green. Jurassic Park? Fine. Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom? Fine... but green spray painted monkey suits are a bridge too far. Only warning as I don't know how old your kiddo is.
Great movies to talk over and make fun of and all are family friendly.

Woo. With all due respect “Destroy All Monsters” is the big monster Royal Rumble.

#9229 2 years ago

Terror of Mechagodzilla, for the MechaG & titanosaurus action.

Invasion of the Astro Monster for the Xiliens and G/Mothra/Rodan vs Ghidorah story

And Destroy All Monsters... because, really, that should required viewing for any good school curriculum.

#9230 2 years ago

and if you are trippin, watch Godzilla vs Hedorah

#9231 2 years ago
Quoted from tilt-master:

and if you are trippin, watch Godzilla vs Hedorah

This is the information I’ve been looking for. Haha

#9232 2 years ago

Thank you for movie recs. Will get started!

#9233 2 years ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

Terror of Mechagodzilla, for the MechaG & titanosaurus action.
Invasion of the Astro Monster for the Xiliens and G/Mothra/Rodan vs Ghidorah story
And Destroy All Monsters... because, really, that should required viewing for any good school curriculum.

Sweet... invasion of the ASTRO monster is dubbed in English on HBO. Going to surprise the kids with this one later today.

Thanks!

#9234 2 years ago
Quoted from Andyzola87:

Just reserved a spot for a premium this week! Really excited to pick this game up!

Who makes the lighted Tesla towers

#9235 2 years ago

Who makes the lighted Tesla towers those look pretty cool

#9236 2 years ago
Quoted from Sluggo39:

Who makes the lighted Tesla towers those look pretty cool

tdiddy makes them.

#9237 2 years ago

Was perusing Ebay this morning looking for figures for my Pro. Came across this guy. ebay.com link: Bandai Movie Monster 6 Hedorah 50th Anniversary Godzilla vs Hedorah In Stock

Have to say I'm tempted to get ole Smogster.

Screenshot_20220403-095334~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20220403-095334~2 (resized).png
#9238 2 years ago
Quoted from Sluggo39:

Who makes the lighted Tesla towers

My favorite godzilla mod

#9239 2 years ago

Additional pictures of GZ bank mounting per a few pm requests. Had to trim him down to about 6", carve off the lower section of his right arm, and clearance a section at the bottom for the reverse building shot. I mounted using some velcro on the stock godzilla mounting plastic and a zip tie around his wrist to the spotlight post.

IMG_0423 (resized).JPEGIMG_0423 (resized).JPEGIMG_0422 (resized).JPEGIMG_0422 (resized).JPEGIMG_0425 (resized).JPEGIMG_0425 (resized).JPEG

#9240 2 years ago

The Godzilla movies are fun. But you have to go in with the attitude take nothing seriously and then some.

#9241 2 years ago

Got my machine on Friday, and Saturday morning the scoop eject mechanism failed. I ran tests on it, and I can't get the coil to fire. The ball detection switch works, so I am wondering what the potential cause could be. The solder joint looks a little weak but still complete, and the cover is no longer on it.

Here are a few pictures of the area.

20220402_133446 (resized).jpg20220402_133446 (resized).jpg20220402_133554 (resized).jpg20220402_133554 (resized).jpg20220402_133649 (resized).jpg20220402_133649 (resized).jpg20220402_133806 (resized).jpg20220402_133806 (resized).jpg20220402_134044 (resized).jpg20220402_134044 (resized).jpg
#9242 2 years ago
Quoted from Bartzenegger:

The Godzilla movies are fun. But you have to go in with the attitude take nothing seriously and then some.

With the exception of the first one, especially the Japanese version. Wowza

#9243 2 years ago
Quoted from unclerudy:

Got my machine on Friday, and Saturday morning the scoop eject mechanism failed. I ran tests on it, and I can't get the coil to fire. The ball detection switch works, so I am wondering what the potential cause could be. The solder joint looks a little weak but still complete, and the cover is no longer on it.
Here are a few pictures of the area. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I had this issue with my mando, check the connections at the micro switch at the base of the coil. Pull back that insulation, I found I had to resolder those connections. Easy peasy simple fix.good luck.

#9244 2 years ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

amazon.com link »
a majority of folks who post here (and the mod thread [ https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-mod-thread/page/25 ] ) use this godzilla. if you look around a bit, you can find him for $40-50...he fits about perfectly in the corner (you'll need to bend his tail)

91.00 seems high for GZ toy and it looks blocky. Still on the hunt for the Godzilla action figure for my GZ Pro. Any help appreciated.

#9245 2 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

91.00 seems high for GZ toy and it looks blocky. Still on the hunt for the Godzilla action figure for my GZ Pro. Any help appreciated.

I've recently searched for "Godzilla 6inch" on Ebay and there's plenty to choose from. Lots of Toho designs too, for around $20 shipped.

#9246 2 years ago
Quoted from Bartzenegger:

My 8 year old likes Destroy All Monsters so far. We are about 2/3 of way through.

#9247 2 years ago
Quoted from ZAuxier:

Was perusing Ebay this morning looking for figures for my Pro. Came across this guy. ebay.com link: Bandai Movie Monster 6 Hedorah 50th Anniversary Godzilla vs Hedorah In Stock
Have to say I'm tempted to get ole Smogster.
[quoted image]

SOOOOO tempting... Don't know where I'd fit it on the playfield, though... *deep exhale* Won't stop me from trying...

#9248 2 years ago
Quoted from unclerudy:

Here are a few pictures of the area. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

See how the wire is attached to the rivet on the left side? on the right side it looks like the playfield was dropped on something maybe at the factory and it popped the wire off the rivet and bunched it up on the lug, you need to reattach it make sure the coil lead is attached thru to the lug, the bright bronze color is insulation you may have to strip some off and resolder. Essentially that lug is not connected to the coil now.... At least that's what it looks like to me.

Screenshot_20220403-162009~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20220403-162009~2 (resized).png

#9249 2 years ago

Look closely you can just make out the wire line where it used tobe good luck.

Screenshot_20220403-163216~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20220403-163216~2 (resized).png
#9250 2 years ago
Quoted from wisefwumyogwave:

Look closely you can just make out the wire line where it used tobe good luck.
[quoted image]

Would a giant blob of solder be the best fix for that? If it is running on a single small strand of wiring, that seems a little not smart, if it needs to be connected to run.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Gov's Mods

$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Tampa, FL
$ 210.00
Machine - For Sale
Austin, MN
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Brookings, OR
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
BomberMods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

€ 178.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 27,318 posts in this topic. You are on page 185 of 547.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/185?hl=poopsmagee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.