Screenshot_20240408_215256_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1439 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408-172718 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240408-172819 (resized).png
IMG_0307 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5052 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,316 posts in this topic. You are on page 184 of 547.
#9151 2 years ago
Quoted from jid:

GZ Pro picked up from my local distributor today!

Tried to sell the wife on banners since we are putting GZ next to Rush… but no dice. Cool banners though!

Thanks to Jason at Classic Game Rooms for this GZ Pro!

Nice! -- Just got a CCr delivered from him. My GZ Premium is on order...!

#9152 2 years ago

I don’t even have mine yet
And I have added shaker motors to my other pins.

Granted, with Some pins the shaker doesn’t add much or “enough”

However, I CANNOT imagine not adding a shaker to Zilla. I have already bought it and it is sitting on my shelf waiting for the pin.

My 2C. lol

Quoted from unclerudy:

what do you guys think of the shaker motor on this game? Is it necessary? What does it add? What am I missing without it?

#9153 2 years ago
Quoted from unclerudy:

what do you guys think of the shaker motor on this game? Is it necessary? What does it add? What am I missing without it?

Have never regretted a shaker in any game I've installed in, just adds to the experience.

#9154 2 years ago

Shaker and external sub are rad on this game. Not necessary, but pretty damn close.

#9155 2 years ago

Yeah so.....was playing a few games tinkering with the wallop shot given the info earlier.

3.8 billion, 6x destruction jackpot worth 128 million, 72 loops, got to Planet X (first time) and *finished* it to boot. No spoilers, but Planet X is *VERY* damn satisfying to complete!

Also total LULZ at one of the higher tier powerups being "Light all Allies" or 2x Destruction Value.....that was such a boss move. I wanted the Destruct so bad but it was stupid to not take what basically amounts to a 2x playfield and 2 ball saves. At least I got my value out of it!

*Edit* I've got to admit....even with what little playtime I've had so far (~40 games).....it's pretty easy for me to say at this point this is my favorite game of all time. The modes are just the right amount of challenge, there's a ton of them, and the extras (Tank, Bridge, Tesla, powerups, allies) just push this thing so far into a realm of it's own it's stupid. The fact that you get all of that on top of a layout that's got crazy flow and enough quirky stuff (exposed pop bumper, floating upper flipper, the bridge magnet) to draw in someone like me that typically prefers odd games is just ridiculous.

Elwin......I'm happy to say that you killed it on this one. I liked the prior games (aside from Jurassic Park), but this is something else. You may have done *too* well, because it's going to take so so much to do anything that will stand up to this.

#9156 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Yeah so.....was playing a few games tinkering with the wallop shot given the info earlier.
3.8 billion, 6x destruction jackpot worth 128 million, 72 loops, got to Planet X (first time) and *finished* it to boot. No spoilers, but Planet X is *VERY* damn satisfying to complete!
Also total LULZ at one of the higher tier powerups being "Light all Allies" or 2x Destruction Value.....that was such a boss move. I wanted the Destruct so bad but it was stupid to not take what basically amounts to a 2x playfield and 2 ball saves. At least I got my value out of it!
*Edit* I've got to admit....even with what little playtime I've had so far (~40 games).....it's pretty easy for me to say at this point this is my favorite game of all time. The modes are just the right amount of challenge, there's a ton of them, and the extras (Tank, Bridge, Tesla, powerups, allies) just push this thing so far into a realm of it's own it's stupid. The fact that you get all of that on top of a layout that's got crazy flow and enough quirky stuff (exposed pop bumper, floating upper flipper, the bridge magnet) to draw in someone like me that typically prefers odd games is just ridiculous.
Elwin......I'm happy to say that you killed it on this one. I liked the prior games (aside from Jurassic Park), but this is something else. You may have done *too* well, because it's going to take so so much to do anything that will stand up to this.

Amen and 20 thumbs up to all of this (well outside of getting to Planet X in 40 games huh?) but especially the part about about this game somehow scratching and satisfying the odd game itch for a modern game. That lower right part of the playfield could be its own game and I would still buy it. Pop bumpers should be sweaty palms down by the slings, not grab your beer behind the ramps IMO. The bottom half of the playfield is so great, not sure if I’m worse at shooting the scoop or the lower left orbit in a pinch.

#9157 2 years ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

I don’t even have mine yet
And I have added shaker motors to my other pins.
Granted, with Some pins the shaker doesn’t add much or “enough”
However, I CANNOT imagine not adding a shaker to Zilla. I have already bought it and it is sitting on my shelf waiting for the pin.
My 2C. lol

Haha. Same. I have a shaker just waiting for the pin.

#9158 2 years ago

Rampage, Tank, Bridge, Godzilla and Tesla strike (I think) will all lock you out of qualifying modes. I try to avoid shooting these until I’ve already got a battle running.

Quoted from amkoepfer:

I took the glass off and tried it, yes it lit, so i must have had a mode running at the time both times i made it that far

#9159 2 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

well outside of getting to Planet X in 40 games huh?

What, is that a lot? Until earlier tonight, I didn't even know that you could just go city to city to get that. I was assuming you had to finish the fights for all 4.

Quoted from Chisox:

not sure if I’m worse at shooting the scoop or the lower left orbit in a pinch.

Left orbit, by a massive margin, for me. I miss that thing 19/20 times.

#9160 2 years ago

.98 code just released!!! Can’t wait to play it and… April Fools!!!

#9161 2 years ago

Would someone please explain how to get to Bridge Multiball and how to complete it. The rules confuse me. Please assume in your description that I am, indeed, an idiot. Hah.

#9162 2 years ago
Quoted from tedwasright:

Would someone please explain how to get to Bridge Multiball and how to complete it. The rules confuse me. Please assume in your description that I am, indeed, an idiot. Hah.

Hitting the spinner activates the bridge switch, it will light up. Hit it a few times, then shoot the ramp it tells you to. I think he bridge is the best feature on the game.

#9163 2 years ago

Any rumours on a topper for this one? I'll probably make my own but want to see what Stern has in store.

#9164 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Hitting the spinner activates the bridge switch, it will light up. Hit it a few times, then shoot the ramp it tells you to. I think he bridge is the best feature on the game.

Thanks
Which spinner? And what do you do once multiball starts?

#9165 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Any rumours on a topper for this one? I'll probably make my own but want to see what Stern has in store.

There are rumors that it was going to be out a few weeks ago. There are rumors it will be beautiful. (This one is a fact)

#9166 2 years ago

No Mando topper yet so who knows.

#9167 2 years ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

the banner really does look great next to it...just wish mothra was on it[quoted image]

I noticed you have a slot machine. I have a 1948 Jennings Sun Chief.

#9168 2 years ago

Something has arrived!!!

I'm thinking of removing the playfield and glass to make it easier on me and the wife to move it downstairs to its proper location.

Good idea, bad idea? Best to wait until someone can come over to help with it still wrapped up?

PXL_20220401_185631736 (resized).jpgPXL_20220401_185631736 (resized).jpg
#9169 2 years ago

I heard it’s an Easter basket full of eggs

0D1674C9-9864-42A7-83DD-CD4242C90FD2.jpeg0D1674C9-9864-42A7-83DD-CD4242C90FD2.jpeg

#9170 2 years ago
Quoted from ZAuxier:

Something has arrived!!!
I'm thinking of removing the playfield and glass to make it easier on me and the wife to move it downstairs to its proper location.
Good idea, bad idea? Best to wait until someone can come over to help with it still wrapped up?
[quoted image]

You don’t have a hand truck/dolly?

#9171 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

You don’t have a hand truck/dolly?

Negative. That would've been my first go to.

We carried it inside just fine, but going downstairs (me backwards) will obviously be more challenging.

#9172 2 years ago
Quoted from ZAuxier:

Something has arrived!!!
[quoted image]

A decent cheap dolly plus a ratchet strap can be had for around $100 or less. If you are going to be moving games up and down stairs, it is worth it.

#9173 2 years ago
Quoted from ZAuxier:

I'm thinking of removing the playfield and glass

I wouldn’t do that because it would impact your warranty. I would set it up where it is and play it till someone comes to help.

But if you don’t have a dolly with stair treads you need one along with shrink wrap and moving blankets. Harbor Freight has cheap ones

#9174 2 years ago
Quoted from KJL:

I wouldn’t do that because it would impact your warranty. I would set it up where it is and play it till someone comes to help.
But if you don’t have a dolly with stair treads you need one along with shrink wrap and moving blankets. Harbor Freight has cheap ones

Shoot, I didn't realize removing the playfield would void the warranty?!?

It was something I was looking to do anyways in order to make installing the side art blades easier, but maybe I'll have to figure out a different way to do that as well.

#9175 2 years ago
Quoted from ZAuxier:

Something has arrived!!!
[quoted image]

Seriously... go to the store and buy a moving dolly and some Ratchet straps. If you stay in this hobby and buy another pin or sell what you've got you will need it. A dolly with big wheels goes up and down stairs fine, but even then it is a 2 person job with people coordinating one step at a time. One person acting as a brake and letting it down one step at a time... usually the least liked child.

#9176 2 years ago
Quoted from ZAuxier:

Shoot, I didn't realize removing the playfield would void the warranty?!?
It was something I was looking to do anyways in order to make installing the side art blades easier, but maybe I'll have to figure out a different way to do that as well.

You can install the blades with the playfield in. Most people do. So long as they are vinyl (Stern and tilt are) you can use the wet method to apply. Al you need is windex. Watch this video... it's easy.

#9177 2 years ago

Buy a dolly at harbor freight..

But for now, take the glass off, take off the head, and think about removing the playfield. You will not be voiding the warranty. there are youtube videos on how to do this.

Just do it, carry it down safely - and don't over think it.

#9178 2 years ago
Quoted from ZAuxier:

Something has arrived!!!
[quoted image]

Sure, remove it, its super easy and will be much lighter.

I'll remove mine to add the art blades (much easier with pf out) and i'll swap out my cabinet speaker at same time and put a big beauty in. Makes it much easier to work in.

#9179 2 years ago
Quoted from KJL:

I wouldn’t do that because it would impact your warranty.

no

#9180 2 years ago
Quoted from ZAuxier:

Something has arrived!!!
[quoted image]

Can u rent a nice dolly at U haul locations? Or use a handyman service app that offers moving services, etc.

#9181 2 years ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

Can u rent a nice dolly at U haul locations? Or use a handyman service app that offers moving services, etc.

Dolly's are like $40 are they not? Cheap and can use it for years

#9182 2 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Dolly's are like $40 are they not? Cheap and can use it for years

Not a good moving dolly (appliance type) with rubber on the back side that moves on the stair treads and has the straps all attached to lock the item in place. The smaller styles are reasonably priced, never moved a pin with a cheap dolly, so I can't give my opinion.

#9183 2 years ago

If you don’t have a dolly and don’t want to buy one Home Depot etc rent really skookum ones for cheap. Do it for your back, can’t buy a new one of those if you F the old one up.

#9184 2 years ago

Good to know. I was told not to remove the head to transport a NIB AC/DC and just believed it. But that was 2012

#9185 2 years ago

Watch YouTube video on how to setup a machine. Flipnout has a good one. Normally I do it myself in an hour.

#9186 2 years ago

This came today!

20220401_171835 (resized).jpg20220401_171835 (resized).jpg
#9187 2 years ago

If it is anything like their shooter rod, I'm going to pass. I have the shooter and am underwhelmed, especially compared to the awesomeness of the rest of the game.

#9188 2 years ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

If it is anything like their shooter rod, I'm going to pass. I have the shooter and am underwhelmed, especially compared to the awesomeness of the rest of the game.

Yeah the shooter rod Easter egg is pretty lame.

#9189 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Yeah the shooter rod Easter egg is pretty lame.

Your not kidding!!
And they can’t even mount it squarely on the rod!
The shooter housing looks good but that egg.
Eek ... gross.

#9190 2 years ago
Quoted from KJL:

Good to know. I was told not to remove the head to transport a NIB AC/DC and just believed it. But that was 2012

Also, a SAM era game is a hellva lot harder to separate than a spike 2 game Have done it for moving games and thought 'this will way be way easier than WPC...'.. PITA

#9191 2 years ago

My topper came in today! I just need to 3D print some mounts and make some LED lights for it. I am confident this will end up being better looking and cheaper than Stern’s offering.

8B63067B-78AE-463F-BE05-2D40895FE4B0 (resized).jpeg8B63067B-78AE-463F-BE05-2D40895FE4B0 (resized).jpeg
#9192 2 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

My topper came in today! I just need to 3D print some mounts and make some LED lights for it. I am confident this will end up being better looking and cheaper than Stern’s offering.[quoted image]

That’s a pretty sweet Mothra!

#9193 2 years ago
Quoted from Pugster:

That’s a pretty sweet Mothra!

Agreed, Mothra never gets enough love.

#9194 2 years ago
Quoted from ZAuxier:

Something has arrived!!!
[quoted image]

If it makes it easier for you to handle go for it. I'm not sure about the comments in would void the warranty, I have done it on 3 pins when first bought. I take the playfield out to put art blades on for me it makes it much easier. No big deal just a couple zip ties to cut and plugs to unplug and you are out. Get another person to help lift the playfield out just incase you misjudge the weight. Not so much it is really heavy but can be kind of awkward. Just take your time and you will be fine it goes in and out very easily.

But I would say a dolly is still must investment at some point. They are cheap at harbor freight and well worth the money.

#9195 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

What, is that a lot?

No lol. Quite the contrary. I’m a remarkably average player but I haven’t gotten close in almost 500 games.

And yes to getting a decent dolly. Your games will eventually have to go back up the stairs and they weigh twice as much going up.

#9196 2 years ago

Got the final invoice for my Premium today! I had resigned myself that it was getting bumped yet again. So happy. Good luck everyone.

#9197 2 years ago

I appreciate all the feedback on my pins journey down to its final spot. I'm happy to report that it made it all in one piece (well, three actually) and is now getting updated before it's first game!

I will ABSOLUTELY be investing in a dolly next time. Would be happy to pay for the nicer version too...I can see this NIB thing becoming quite the ritual. Wahoo!

16488641789458014691310371177537 (resized).jpg16488641789458014691310371177537 (resized).jpgPXL_20220401_211352612 (resized).jpgPXL_20220401_211352612 (resized).jpgPXL_20220401_213623582 (resized).jpgPXL_20220401_213623582 (resized).jpg
#9198 2 years ago
Quoted from ZAuxier:

I appreciate all the feedback on my pins journey down to its final spot. I'm happy to report that it made it all in one piece (well, three actually) and is now getting updated before it's first game!
I will ABSOLUTELY be investing in a dolly next time. Would be happy to pay for the nicer version too...I can see this NIB thing becoming quite the ritual. Wahoo!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Trick: put table next to pin like a folding lifetime table and you can put playfield on it without undoing everything. Put paint cans on back corners to keep up.

#9199 2 years ago

Picked up Godzilla Pro today.
Going into the bowling alley soon.

I have the LE to play at home

5C663EF2-C949-4D31-825C-5B7C99784B51 (resized).jpeg5C663EF2-C949-4D31-825C-5B7C99784B51 (resized).jpeg
#9200 2 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

Your not kidding!!
And they can’t even mount it squarely on the rod!
The shooter housing looks good but that egg.
Eek ... gross.

I got the eyeball shooter rod.....complements the machine really well.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Gov's Mods

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

16,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
$ 210.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
BomberMods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

€ 178.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 27,316 posts in this topic. You are on page 184 of 547.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/184?hl=eyeamred2u and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.