PXL_20240415_201849415 (resized).jpg
IMG_2601 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2538 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1444 (resized).jpg
IMG_7006.jpg
gdz opto receiver (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,376 posts in this topic. You are on page 182 of 548.
#9051 2 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Is it literally just unscrew the old one and put the new ones in, nothing fancy?

do recommend doing sleeves while you're doing them, though

#9052 2 years ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

do recommend doing sleeves while you're doing them, though

Which sleeve size or sizes does Godzilla Premium use? Is it an easy installation? Thanks!

#9053 2 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

Which sleeve size or sizes does Godzilla Premium use? Is it an easy installation? Thanks!

https://www.pinballlife.com/2-316-coil-sleeve.html

Straightforward. slides out of the center of the coil and you just slide new one back in. Since you'd already have the stop removed, its a 2 second extra step to replace it (5 seconds?)

#9054 2 years ago

I’ll just throw in that this stuff is so cheap I’d buy some extra to have on hand. I do the same with Titans too, always order one extra of everything.

#9055 2 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Is it literally just unscrew the old one and put the new ones in, nothing fancy?

Super easy...If you are getting coil stops also replace the coil tubing and also pick up a few of these. They really help if you get buzz from the duty cycle. If your game has them great but many I have bought do not.

https://www.pinballlife.com/spring-washer.html

#9056 2 years ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

https://www.pinballlife.com/2-316-coil-sleeve.html
Straightforward. slides out of the center of the coil and you just slide new one back in. Since you'd already have the stop removed, its a 2 second extra step to replace it (5 seconds?)

Thanks Sleal16

#9057 2 years ago
Quoted from Berserk:

Is that through Player One? I put in my order back in September 2021 and I haven't heard anything either, although Jerry did say I would be in the second run of premiums.

Yeah, it's through Player One and Jerry. I didn't get a notice of which run or anything, just that I would hear more when more info was available. I can't fault anyone here, I get the impression most distributors are in the dark too unfortunately.

At the end of the day, I'm not in any REAL hurry, I'm sure Godzilla will be here when it gets here. The wait just let's me amass more mods for my current and future machines anyway!

#9058 2 years ago

Added art blades, this awesome three pack of the flying saucers , which have full color RGB , RGB flipper buttons, plastic protectors, stern shooter rod and voodoo glass. Think she’s looking pretty sharp myself! Just need the elusive side armor and I’d be set

44E7594E-8021-4BF6-AB82-3D7D92D3804C (resized).jpeg44E7594E-8021-4BF6-AB82-3D7D92D3804C (resized).jpeg15899A24-15B6-491C-A0DC-158BF7EB0ED9 (resized).jpeg15899A24-15B6-491C-A0DC-158BF7EB0ED9 (resized).jpeg77B3FBA2-0F42-4456-99E9-7A41C39556CD (resized).jpeg77B3FBA2-0F42-4456-99E9-7A41C39556CD (resized).jpeg1DCFD608-800C-4FBC-A6A6-76FE5F86B4EF (resized).jpeg1DCFD608-800C-4FBC-A6A6-76FE5F86B4EF (resized).jpeg

#9059 2 years ago
Quoted from KJL:

They really help if you get buzz from the duty cycle.

Wait, this is the reason for buzz from flippers?? I had no idea; this might solve an issue I have with my ST Pro... THANKS!

#9060 2 years ago
Quoted from cldgin2:

Added art blades, this awesome three pack of the flying saucers , which have full color RGB , RGB flipper buttons, plastic protectors, stern shooter rod and voodoo glass. Think she’s looking pretty sharp myself! Just need the elusive side armor and I’d be set
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Where’d you get the saucers?

#9061 2 years ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

Wait, this is the reason for buzz from flippers?? I had no idea; this might solve an issue I have with my ST Pro... THANKS!

Can you guys elaborate on this one? GZ will be my first Stern and this isn’t a problem I’m aware of…but I’ll add the lock washers to my list of supplies to have on hand.

Thanks!

PDK

#9062 2 years ago

It helps with buzz, but the era of flipper matters too. SAM games just have buzzy flippers. Spikes do not.

#9063 2 years ago
Quoted from Billygrippo:

Where’d you get the saucers?

Got mine at the Texas Pinball festival. Here’s the link for the guys who did them. Their booth was awesome and they won a prize I believe for their alien modded pinball machine

https://lordofthegameroom.com/

#9065 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It helps with buzz, but the era of flipper matters too. SAM games just have buzzy flippers. Spikes do not.

Buzzy Flipper has to be the name for a pinball distro mascot. Somebody's gotta use it.

#9066 2 years ago
Quoted from cldgin2:

Got mine at the Texas Pinball festival. Here’s the link for the guys who did them. Their booth was awesome and they won a prize I believe for their alien modded pinball machine
https://lordofthegameroom.com/

Thanks!

#9067 2 years ago

Just got the call that my Godzilla Premium is ready to be shipped! Unfortunately we will be on Spring Break next week so I have to delay shipment a week. Dang kids and their desire to go to Universal Studios.

#9068 2 years ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

Just got the call that my Godzilla Premium is ready to be shipped! Unfortunately we will be on Spring Break next week so I have to delay shipment a week. Dang kids and their desire to go to Universal Studios.

Leave it on the porch and pm me the address

#9069 2 years ago

Went to update to 0.93 and says mine is up to date and has 0.90. So is this one of those updates you have to download on a pc?

#9070 2 years ago

Nope. I updated mine over wifi fine.

#9071 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Went to update to 0.93 and says mine is up to date and has 0.90. So is this one of those updates you have to download on a pc?

Make sure you register your game to your Insider Connected account. Just getting it on WiFi does not grab those updates. If you have used the wifi/IC before to update your game and its not working right now, then there might be a temporary downtime in service somewhere in the chain of connections.

#9072 2 years ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Make sure you register your game to your Insider Connected account. Just getting it on WiFi does not grab those updates. If you have used the wifi/IC before to update your game and its not working right now, then there might be a temporary downtime in service somewhere in the chain of connections.

^^ This!

#9073 2 years ago

I'm not officially a member of the club yet but when my game arrives in July or August I will be. My wife and I had such a great time playing Godzilla at TPF that we pulled the pin on ordering a premium with a shaker and art-blade add on. Can't wait to get it but in the meantime I'll have to catch up on this thread and watch a bunch of YouTube videos.

#9074 2 years ago

I just posted two MRS rollover switches by Sonic that I'm not using on my Godzilla LE. They've been tested, but not installed for play. Great product, just don't have the use for them that I thought I would.

More info here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2x-magnetic-reed-switches-mrs-for-rollovers#post-6856281

(Update: sold!)

#9075 2 years ago

It occurred to me after two games in a row draining right as I started hedorah that if stern doesn’t change the minimum hedorah score from 500M to 420,365 they have missed out on a golden opportunity and I will question their commitment to that character they built............that is all-

#9076 2 years ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

I'm sure you could find about a dozen people to come house sit for you - and make sure it plays well and everything....

#9077 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

It occurred to me after two games in a row draining right as I started hedorah that if stern doesn’t change the minimum hedorah score from 500M to 420,365 they have missed out on a golden opportunity and I will question their commitment to that character they built............that is all-

i mean, they're making us stop him from taking his thick rip; seems they're against the character anyway.

#9078 2 years ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

I can see that, as a mando owner myself I can really appreciate the animated Grogu mod. I used Joe's detailed how- to, to prep mine for installation. That said, diddy's tower mod is hands down my favorite addition I've seen for Godzilla. Here's my humble offering for the Godzilla mod squad. Installed today in mando, testing for the fateful day Godzilla arrives.
Godzilla roar mod.

That's cool dude. Is it possible to hook that horn up to the action button? Might be more fun than the coin return press.

#9079 2 years ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

That's cool dude. Is it possible to hook that horn up to the action button? Might be more fun than the coin return press.

Anything's possible, I just went simplest easiest route for my limited electrical abilities.

#9080 2 years ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

Anything's possible, I just went simplest easiest route for my limited electrical abilities.

i'll warn folks that think about adding this horn to their machine; it's LOUD.

#9081 2 years ago

After being disappointed with the Stern custom shooter rod quality I decided to not hold off for their topper. I found this image online and liked the look (minus the led strips). I just ordered one from Mondo as a topper for my machine.
https://mondoshop.com/products/mothra-tokyo-sos-premium-scale-statue

F8F561B6-AC50-4FDB-B2DF-A9D80EE03C6D (resized).jpegF8F561B6-AC50-4FDB-B2DF-A9D80EE03C6D (resized).jpeg
#9082 2 years ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

Tell the kids they're staying home to play Godzilla instead of going to Universal...more fun. lol

#9083 2 years ago

Hi, I am looking for someone who can point me in the right direction with my building problem. Nothing happens when the ball goes through the front of the building or reverse. The damage meter for the building only lights up the first six windows with left and right ramp shots. From then on nothing happens, destruction jackpot can’t be activated. No Godzilla multiball, the building doesn’t move a floor down as the damage meter is not fully lit. It does move though for ball search. I tested the switch for VUK exit, it works according to the switch test. It just doesn’t do anything in game. I’m puzzled and would really appreciate any advice helping me to solve this.

11C8C8CD-3A9E-445B-926E-344194D8BE8C (resized).jpeg11C8C8CD-3A9E-445B-926E-344194D8BE8C (resized).jpegE0DA7F56-3F06-4E29-9CFA-2493AB4D930F (resized).jpegE0DA7F56-3F06-4E29-9CFA-2493AB4D930F (resized).jpeg
#9084 2 years ago
Quoted from EvilChicken:

Hi, I am looking for someone who can point me in the right direction with my building problem. Nothing happens when the ball goes through the front of the building or reverse. The damage meter for the building only lights up the first six windows with left and right ramp shots. From then on nothing happens, destruction jackpot can’t be activated. No Godzilla multiball, the building doesn’t move a floor down as the damage meter is not fully lit. It does move though for ball search. I tested the switch for VUK exit, it works according to the switch test. It just doesn’t do anything in game. I’m puzzled and would really appreciate any advice helping me to solve this. [quoted image][quoted image]

You mention VUK exit switch test, but building exit is a different opto (from your screenshot). If you tested # 64 but its coming out as building exit, those plugs underneath might be swapped. Building exit is #53
Screen Shot 2022-03-30 at 6.14.38 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-03-30 at 6.14.38 PM (resized).png

#9085 2 years ago
Quoted from EvilChicken:

Hi, I am looking for someone who can point me in the right direction with my building problem. Nothing happens when the ball goes through the front of the building or reverse. The damage meter for the building only lights up the first six windows with left and right ramp shots. From then on nothing happens, destruction jackpot can’t be activated. No Godzilla multiball, the building doesn’t move a floor down as the damage meter is not fully lit. It does move though for ball search. I tested the switch for VUK exit, it works according to the switch test. It just doesn’t do anything in game. I’m puzzled and would really appreciate any advice helping me to solve this. [quoted image][quoted image]

Does the opto at the building entrance register when you are in switch test mode and break the beam with your finger?

#9086 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Does the opto at the building entrance register when you are in switch test mode and break the beam with your finger?

Quoted from PinMonk:

Thanks Sleal16 and PinMonk!

53 works, didn’t know that there is an opto, I guess this is 52 and no, nothing happens with the finger test.

PS: got your fans, I’m now an even bigger fan

#9087 2 years ago
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#9088 2 years ago
Quoted from EvilChicken:

Thanks Sleal16 and PinMonk!
53 works, didn’t know that there is an opto, I guess this is 52 and no, nothing happens with the finger test.
PS: got your fans, I’m now an even bigger fan

Is there a red light from the sensor board? forgot on which side it would be. Usually if something is wrong with the sensor, it will be faulty (wont power up) or misaligned.

As far as testing switches, one thing I found out to do because of a different NIB I got, make sure the switch labels in the test menu match the labels in the game manual. My IMDN it kept registering the ramp lane and thought it worked, but after taking further looks I found out the ramp opto was labeled as Orbit opto. The two plugs underneath the playfield were swapped between the two shots

#9089 2 years ago

red_rabbit I couldn't attach photos in PM, so I'm posting this here.

I'm reasonably certain that this screw (dead center) was removed...

20220330_202631 (resized).jpg20220330_202631 (resized).jpg

... And while I don't remember for certain, I vaguely recall i may have had to remove this screw below as well, since it secured the wire form, but THAT I recall less clearly...

20220330_202615 (resized).jpg20220330_202615 (resized).jpg

... More to come via PM.

#9090 2 years ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

red_rabbit I couldn't attach photos in PM, so I'm posting this here.
I'm reasonably certain that this screw (dead center) was removed...
[quoted image]
... And while I don't remember for certain, I vaguely recall i may have had to remove this screw below as well, since it secured the wire form, but THAT I recall less clearly...
[quoted image]
... More to come via PM.

jonnyqtrek
Thanks!

#9091 2 years ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Is there a red light from the sensor board? forgot on which side it would be. Usually if something is wrong with the sensor, it will be faulty (wont power up) or misaligned.
As far as testing switches, one thing I found out to do because of a different NIB I got, make sure the switch labels in the test menu match the labels in the game manual. My IMDN it kept registering the ramp lane and thought it worked, but after taking further looks I found out the ramp opto was labeled as Orbit opto. The two plugs underneath the playfield were swapped between the two shots

Thanks. Not sure what the sensor board is. This is my first pin and my wife is complaining that I’m now running around with screwdrivers after not having helped on a single Ikea shelf for 25 years. I’m an absolute beginner but so far everything worked miraculously. I believe the problem started after I repaired the broken bridge plastic and replaced it with the one from chrome candy. I lost a washer in this process, maybe that’s what’s causing the problem but I can’t find it anywhere. Maybe it’s also something different.

#9092 2 years ago
Quoted from EvilChicken:

Thanks. Not sure what the sensor board is. This is my first pin and my wife is complaining that I’m now running around with screwdrivers after not having helped on a single Ikea shelf for 25 years. I’m an absolute beginner but so far everything worked miraculously. I believe the problem started after I repaired the broken bridge plastic and replaced it with the one from chrome candy. I lost a washer in this process, maybe that’s what’s causing the problem but I can’t find it anywhere. Maybe it’s also something different.

Yeah, my wife says teh same thing when I have all the tools laid out.

As far as the Building Hit Opto, #52, if that ones not registering during switch tests, check the opto transmitter/receiver. Looks like this:

https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-long-range-opto-emitter-assembly.html

I forget which one has a light indicator, think the receiver with the three wires coming out of it, but the red light is always on as long as the connection sensor is not interrupted between the two. When you run your fingers through it and interrupt it, the light will turn off. So first thing to check if the building hit is not registering in the switch test is to make sure theres power running to it.

#9093 2 years ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

As far as the Building Hit Opto, #52, if that ones not registering during switch tests, check the opto transmitter/receiver. Looks like this:
I forget one has a light indicator, think the receiver with the three wires coming out of it, but the red light is always on as long as the connection sensor is not interrupted between the two. When you run your fingers through it and interrupt it, the light will turn off. So first thing to check if the building hit is not registering in the switch test is to make sure theres power running to it.

#9094 2 years ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

I forget one has a light indicator, think the receiver with the three wires coming out of it, but the red light is always on as long as the connection sensor is not interrupted between the two. When you run your fingers through it and interrupt it, the light will turn off. So first thing to check if the building hit is not registering in the switch test is to make sure theres power running to it.

Will do tomorrow, kids are sleeping now. Thank you!

#9095 2 years ago
Quoted from EvilChicken:

Will do tomorrow, kids are sleeping now. Thank you!

Perfect, some quiet time to put some IKEA shelves up.

#9096 2 years ago
Quoted from EvilChicken:

Where about are you located, might be better if a pinsider with knowledge that is local to you can swing by to take a look and help you out.

#9097 2 years ago

I got a stock GZ pro today. Need help modding it. Playfield protector and shaker ready to install. I have about 500 to spend on extras.

Which Godzilla model is best for back left corner? I have the Bambo Jet mod. What else is must have? I’m thinking mirror blades and flipper Fid speakers.

#9098 2 years ago

Neca or Amazon moneybox GZ up back left. Mirror blades for sure. Also change to silicone bands, new carbon balls, and if the cash stretches then some anti-reflective glass. In fact for me, it's glass, rubbers and balls before anything else.

#9099 2 years ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Already did that on day one. Will try again tomorrow. Thanks

#9100 2 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

After being disappointed with the Stern custom shooter rod quality I decided to not hold off for their topper. I found this image online and liked the look (minus the led strips). I just ordered one from Mondo as a topper for my machine.
https://mondoshop.com/products/mothra-tokyo-sos-premium-scale-statue[quoted image]

It’s heavy just make sure you secure it well. Don’t want that crashing through your playfield glass.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 240.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Chula Vista, CA
$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Blacklick, OH
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 27,376 posts in this topic. You are on page 182 of 548.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/182?hl=poopsmagee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.