PXL_20240415_201849415 (resized).jpg
IMG_2601 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2538 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1444 (resized).jpg
IMG_7006.jpg
gdz opto receiver (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,390 posts in this topic. You are on page 181 of 548.
#9001 2 years ago

Sad that a theme aimed at their popular culture will not be enjoyed in their own country.

Thanks for the insight.

#9002 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Check the stops. You shouldn't be feeling fade unless you're *super* sensitive to it, because cooled the coils get nowhere close to the fade zone on Godzilla.

Yea I may just replace them and see what happens. Thanks

#9003 2 years ago
Quoted from MaxIsDead:

I do throw away their garbage speakers that come in the premium and upgrade to the LE stuff. Costs me like $75 bucks on amazon to get the same set of 3 speakers as the LE.

What are the speakers to order that match the le? Brand/model? Anyone know?

Thanks.

#9005 2 years ago
Quoted from jackd104:

What are the speakers to order that match the le? Brand/model? Anyone know?
Thanks.

Woofer: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000HJ0S88/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00
I was getting these for $35, not sure if they will go back down or not. I am 99% sure this is the same Stern puts in the LE. Much bigger magnet than the stock woofer they use in the premium/pro games.

Back box: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B079SFC3P9/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00
These vary a lot more in price as they are always a 3rd party seller. Right now 50 bucks. They are the same as the LE 100% for sure and again much bigger magnet than the stock premium/pro speaker they use.

You also need to replace the speaker brackets cause these are 5.25” speakers, make sure you order 2: https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-spike-2-speaker-plate-for-525-drivers.html

I like to put a colored piece of around the speaker like they do on the LE, this isn’t required but I like how it looks. http://www.speakerlightkits.com/5.25-SPIKE-2-Speaker-Surrounds.html

If you really want to kick it up a notch, also add an amplifier: https://pinwoofer.com/pinwoofer-diy/

#9006 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Yea I may just replace them and see what happens. Thanks

Good choice, I have PinMonks fans from day one on the game and when I changed to Pinballlifes coil stops, I was shocked to see how 2 out of 3 Sterns stops were broken and worn with less than 150 plays. Hooefully the new stops solve the issue. Keep us posted.

#9007 2 years ago

If you are simply looking to upgrade the speakers, I highly recommend visiting this thread.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/improving-sound-quality-the-diy-route/page/9#post-6848607

There's lots of love in here for the Kicker 5.25inch speakers. I will certainly have my eye on them when GZ arrives next week.

#9008 2 years ago

Noticing that it hasn't been mentioned here yet...
A well-deserved congratulations to tdiddy for being nominated for "best mod of the year" at the TPF Twipy awards this year for his Tesla towers.
Congrats man!

#9009 2 years ago

Stuck in lost ball mode. Was in the middle of gameplay and the machine froze up, went dark and I had a reboot. Got another ball play in and then it went into lost ball mode. I then manually pulled a ball out put it in the building So it was released during lost ball mode a couple of times and still it will not come out of lost ball mode. Took all the balls out put them back in to verify I had 6 balls and I do. Between the complete lock up and shut down and then the stuck lost ball mode I wonder if code .93 has a bug, not sure how to correct the situation.
Anyone have this issue or suggestions?

20220327_105335 (resized).jpg20220327_105335 (resized).jpg
#9010 2 years ago
Quoted from El_Patron:

Stuck in lost ball mode. Was in the middle of gameplay and the machine froze up, went dark and I had a reboot. Got another ball play in and then it went into lost ball mode. I then manually pulled a ball out put it in the building So it was released during lost ball mode a couple of times and still it will not come out of lost ball mode. Took all the balls out put them back in to verify I had 6 balls and I do. Between the complete lock up and shut down and then the stuck lost ball mode I wonder if code .93 has a bug, not sure how to correct the situation.
Anyone have this issue or suggestions?
[quoted image]

Let it sit for an hour, it went back into operation. Played 1 game and after that game its stuck in lost ball mode again. It eventually returns to operation, will play a game or two, and then get stuck in lost ball mode again, but eventually clears itself even though no balls are found or ejected. Now it starts all game plays with loading 2x balls in the trough. I guess a sensor or code issue?

#9011 2 years ago
Quoted from El_Patron:

I guess a sensor or code issue?

I really doubt it's a code issue. Maybe check the connections around the ball trough, sounds like it's not seeing all six in the trough.

#9012 2 years ago
Quoted from El_Patron:

Let it sit for an hour, it went back into operation. Played 1 game and after that game its stuck in lost ball mode again. It eventually returns to operation, will play a game or two, and then get stuck in lost ball mode again, but eventually clears itself even though no balls are found or ejected. Now it starts all game plays with loading 2x balls in the trough. I guess a sensor or code issue?

Magnetized balls getting hung up in the trough? This can cause weird behavior. Next time it happens, open the coin door and with a flashlight check that the balls are are stacked up tight against the eject end. If they are, go into switch test and make sure all the trough switches are reporting correctly.

Or, you can pull them out of the game again and see if they stick to each other.

#9013 2 years ago
Quoted from RobF:

Magnetized balls getting hung up in the trough? This can cause weird behavior. Next time it happens, open the coin door and with a flashlight check that the balls are are stacked up tight against the eject end. If they are, go into switch test and make sure all the trough switches are reporting correctly.
Or, you can pull them out of the game again and see if they stick to each other.

Didn't cross my mind, but I pulled all the balls out and put a paper clip up to them and nothing. They are relatively new Titan standard balls, but thanks for the input. Very strange. Still not sure what the issue is.

#9014 2 years ago
Quoted from El_Patron:

Reflash the SD card and try again.

#9015 2 years ago
Quoted from splickety_lit:

I really doubt it's a code issue. Maybe check the connections around the ball trough, sounds like it's not seeing all six in the trough.

I wonder of it was the computer lockup that threw it off. Seems like it's working now after several reboots. Thanks for the input.

#9016 2 years ago
Quoted from El_Patron:

Now it starts all game plays with loading 2x balls in the trough.

2 balls in the shooter lane has been the poster child for trough opto problems with Stern games since I can remember. Lots of posts on it and it can come and go.

i have had 2 NIB games have this problem after weeks but both were SAM games so not sure if Spike is different

If it happens again open the coin door and you'll see .100 pitch connectors usually the pins on the board have connection problems and adding some solder fixes it.

#9017 2 years ago
Quoted from El_Patron:

Didn't cross my mind, but I pulled all the balls out and put a paper clip up to them and nothing. They are relatively new Titan standard balls, but thanks for the input. Very strange. Still not sure what the issue is.

Can't use standard balls. Get some Ball Baron Carbon balls

#9018 2 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

A well-deserved congratulations to tdiddy for being nominated for "best mod of the year" at the TPF Twipy awards this year for his Tesla towers.
Congrats man!

Thanks buddy I appreciate it, I'm not sure what was more disappointing.

Not winning or knowing I'm never getting that hour and a half of my life back.

That was brutal to watch lol

#9019 2 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Congrats man!

Congrats to the nominees and the winner. I was glad to see they took the factory accessories out of the mod category this year.

#9020 2 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

I voted for the towers. Love them
In my GZ. And your mando mods rock

#9021 2 years ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Yeah, prob right depending on staff. Both that I looked today at were on the speaker side. Mostly I would put it in the other end to avoid applying pressure to the screen frame if it's having issues fitting there. Other than that shouldn't matter

UPDATE about the ground wire that goes on or near the LCD screen:

I just looked at a pic from a Speaker Light Kit install I did a couple of weeks ago on a Godzilla premium and the ground wires was on the speaker side of the speaker plate originally. I guess I may have done other, newer installs, like that and never noticed that before. I know the ground strap, when they were using them, was always between the LCD screen and the speaker plate from the factory. So maybe they did change where it mounted when they moved to the newer ground wire.

So, I don't know for sure if a person could mount the newer ground wire on the light strip side of my type 11, 12 or 14 light frames. I suspect they could as there is a big enough gap in the magnets on the back of the light strips there for it to fit......., but I expect it may "bump up" the light strip even more in that area (as the LCD screws head height does that a bit anyway). So I would put it between the LCD screen and the light frame. I know it works fine there as that is how I have always mounted them...no matter how the original ground strap / ground wire was mounted.

Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

#9022 2 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

who won then? best mod i remember this year for sure-

#9023 2 years ago
Quoted from hisokajp:

who won then? best mod i remember this year for sure-

Grogu mod for
Mando. Joe A

#9024 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Grogu mod for
Mando. Joe A

I can see that, as a mando owner myself I can really appreciate the animated Grogu mod. I used Joe's detailed how- to, to prep mine for installation. That said, diddy's tower mod is hands down my favorite addition I've seen for Godzilla. Here's my humble offering for the Godzilla mod squad. Installed today in mando, testing for the fateful day Godzilla arrives.

Godzilla roar mod.

#9025 2 years ago
Quoted from KJL:

2 balls in the shooter lane has been the poster child for trough opto problems with Stern games since I can remember. Lots of posts on it and it can come and go.
i have had 2 NIB games have this problem after weeks but both were SAM games so not sure if Spike is different
If it happens again open the coin door and you'll see .100 pitch connectors usually the pins on the board have connection problems and adding some solder fixes it.

Thanks

#9026 2 years ago
Quoted from MaxIsDead:

Woofer: amazon.com link »
I was getting these for $35, not sure if they will go back down or not. I am 99% sure this is the same Stern puts in the LE. Much bigger magnet than the stock woofer they use in the premium/pro games.
Back box: amazon.com link »
These vary a lot more in price as they are always a 3rd party seller. Right now 50 bucks. They are the same as the LE 100% for sure and again much bigger magnet than the stock premium/pro speaker they use.
You also need to replace the speaker brackets cause these are 5.25” speakers, make sure you order 2: https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-spike-2-speaker-plate-for-525-drivers.html
I like to put a colored piece of around the speaker like they do on the LE, this isn’t required but I like how it looks. http://www.speakerlightkits.com/5.25-SPIKE-2-Speaker-Surrounds.html
If you really want to kick it up a notch, also add an amplifier: https://pinwoofer.com/pinwoofer-diy/

Do you buy the 4 ohm or the 8 ohm woofer?

#9027 2 years ago

Dollar Tree has some dyi shooter rod kits

20220327_143741 (resized).jpg20220327_143741 (resized).jpg

#9028 2 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

[quoted image]

Only PAAS Marble is good enough for me but I’m a bit of a snob when it comes to my shooter eggs.

1A9197C6-CF97-4079-B301-151F735EF13F.jpeg1A9197C6-CF97-4079-B301-151F735EF13F.jpeg

(just kidding, only mods full of 3D printer lines are good enough for me)

#9029 2 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

[quoted image]

Funny you mention this. I went down the “resin dragon egg” rabbit hole today. This guys got some wild stuff, I bet he could do a Mothra Larva or Zilla Embryo in some pretty “accurate” twists on the original.

https://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/Bensworx?ref=simple-shop-header-name&listing_id=1187818004

I’d like to give it a whirl myself, he’s got some DIY videos on YouTube doesn’t look too hard.

#9030 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Do you buy the 4 ohm or the 8 ohm woofer?

4ohm

#9031 2 years ago

I am expecting my premium soon. I keep reading about flash drives and SD cards. Do I need both? If so, what for? I thought you could use wifi for the updates?

#9032 2 years ago
Quoted from tedwasright:

I am expecting my premium soon. I keep reading about flash drives and SD cards. Do I need both? If so, what for? I thought you could use wifi for the updates?

You don’t need either.

#9033 2 years ago
Quoted from tedwasright:

Nope, neither. Comes fully prepped to get all the updates you need by wifi, as long as everything is working as it should. Some people want speedier, or consistent udates, so will do it the "old fashion" way with a USB flash drive. And as far as SD cards, everything is already in there. Seldomly the SD card can be become faulty, but that failure rate is pretty low. Happens, but rare.

#9034 2 years ago

Well, it depends. We have slow dsl internet here still, no option. No way wifi will load here. So I'd always have a zip and card on hand, irregardless of internet speed.

#9035 2 years ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

Good choice, I have PinMonks fans from day one on the game and when I changed to Pinballlifes coil stops, I was shocked to see how 2 out of 3 Sterns stops were broken and worn with less than 150 plays. Hooefully the new stops solve the issue. Keep us posted.

Just curious which of the Pin Monk fans you got....the ones for two flippers or three?

#9036 2 years ago
Quoted from troon47:

Just curious which of the Pin Monk fans you got....the ones for two flippers or three?

i personally went with 3 flippers and the magnet coil

#9037 2 years ago
Quoted from troon47:

3 and the magna grab magnet, I splurged.

#9038 2 years ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

i personally went with 3 flippers and the magnet coil

Thanks....forgot to ask....are directions, diagrams, etc . on how to install them included?

#9039 2 years ago

Does anyone have the Pinball Life part numbers for the replacement coil stops that are the direct replacement for the ones that come from the factory? I don't have a game in hand as of yet but given all the comments I've read on this topic I figured I would be preemtive and obtain some in advance...

#9040 2 years ago
Quoted from EZ-Rhino:

Does anyone have the Pinball Life part numbers for the replacement coil stops that are the direct replacement for the ones that come from the factory? I don't have a game in hand as of yet but given all the comments I've read on this topic I figured I would be preemtive and obtain some in advance...

https://www.pinballlife.com/flipper-coil-stop-for-sternsega.html

#9041 2 years ago
Quoted from troon47:

Thanks....forgot to ask....are directions, diagrams, etc . on how to install them included?

Detailed, hi-res step by step instructions with illustrations. No one has failed to complete them yet. Example below...

Cooling-Kit-SLE1-side-by-side-sml (resized).jpgCooling-Kit-SLE1-side-by-side-sml (resized).jpg
#9042 2 years ago

Video short of Lit Kit Flippers mod installed on Godzilla (from https://www.ArcadeMade.com website)

#9043 2 years ago
Quoted from troon47:

Yes, excellent picture instructions included with all PinMonks kits. Also, if you need additional info or are unclear on a step, he will always help and clear up end-user concern/issue.

#9044 2 years ago

New art of pinball shield. Like.

5A43D5A2-E73E-4BED-8FBF-FC3B0A4D1973 (resized).jpeg5A43D5A2-E73E-4BED-8FBF-FC3B0A4D1973 (resized).jpeg6372E687-16BB-44DE-91F3-B9182F2B2469 (resized).jpeg6372E687-16BB-44DE-91F3-B9182F2B2469 (resized).jpeg
#9045 2 years ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

Yes, excellent picture instructions included with all PinMonks kits. Also, if you need additional info or are unclear on a step, he will always help and clear up end-user concern/issue.

Just to be clear, generally the light coloring brackets don't have instructions because they're pretty self-explanatory, but the Tibetan Breeze kits all do, as do the quiet fan kits.

#9046 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Just to be clear, generally the light coloring brackets don't have instructions because they're pretty self-explanatory, but the Tibetan Breeze kits all do, as do the quiet fan kits.

Almost all,lol

#9047 2 years ago

Put in new pinball life coil stops even though the flippers felt fine. Hit Planet X on ball 2 of second game. Plays better than new. Replace your stops ya’ll…even before it’s become obvious.

#9048 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Put in new pinball life coil stops even though the flippers felt fine. Hit Planet X on ball 2 of second game. Plays better than new. Replace your stops ya’ll…even before it’s become obvious.

Is it literally just unscrew the old one and put the new ones in, nothing fancy?

#9049 2 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Is it literally just unscrew the old one and put the new ones in, nothing fancy?

Correct.

#9050 2 years ago

Just ordered three new coil stops from Pinball Life for my Premium. Thanks guys for the recommendation.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 240.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monument, CO
$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Kingston, OK
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Richmond, VA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 27,390 posts in this topic. You are on page 181 of 548.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/181 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.