IMG_7006.jpg
gdz opto receiver (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_215256_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1439 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408-172718 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240408-172819 (resized).png
IMG_0307 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,339 posts in this topic. You are on page 180 of 547.
#8951 2 years ago

How would one clear coat the egg shooter rod in gloss? Do a clear coat spray can or two part mix epoxy? Brands that are the best?

#8952 2 years ago
Quoted from etr104:

Question for the people who have recently received their Godzilla Premium. How long ago did you order yours? Just trying to work out how far they are backed up in building them these days.

(Haven't received mine yet as per your question, but I can chime in for some added date information)

I put my order in on/got my name down for a Godzilla Premium on November 4th, 2021 (Canada). I've checked in periodically since then but I have no updates or knowledge as to where I might be on the list.

I'm prepped and ready for it, and super excited! Got all my mods and parts in already... Just no machine yet.

#8953 2 years ago
Quoted from etr104:

Question for the people who have recently received their Godzilla Premium. How long ago did you order yours? Just trying to work out how far they are backed up in building them these days.

I’m pretty new to this (so I may have no idea what I’m talking about) but it seems like even though people post these kinds of questions and answers a lot in this thread they are pretty meaningless because all the dealers have different allocations that are also unknown to us (and stern may not give the dealers their full allocation)… so what number in line you are or when you ordered would all get skewed by the dealer you ordered from and how big their allocations are compared to other dealers. Feel free to correct me if I’m wrong.

#8954 2 years ago

Bumper and bracket are definitely from the 1st floor of the building. No clue how they fell out, and no screws to be seen anywhere.

Guess I get to remove the building on day 1 of ownership. This should be fun.

#8955 2 years ago
Quoted from mstang01:

I’m pretty new to this (so I may have no idea what I’m talking about) but it seems like even though people post these kinds of questions and answers a lot in this thread they are pretty meaningless because all the dealers have different allocations that are also unknown to us (and stern may not give the dealers their full allocation)… so what number in line you are or when you ordered would all get skewed by the dealer you ordered from and how big their allocations are compared to other dealers. Feel free to correct me if I’m wrong.

^^^ pretty much all this. Really depends on the distributor and when they place the order. With so many new distributors partnering up with Stern, it seems like the numbers each one will get is getting thinner (doubling the amount of distributors but still having a fixed production line will be confusing on expectations of what each one will get).

Long story short, if the distributor is open about the info they get from Stern to the customer, they are the best source to ask for estimates. Cant go by others' experiences.

#8956 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Bumper and bracket are definitely from the 1st floor of the building. No clue how they fell out, and no screws to be seen anywhere.
Guess I get to remove the building on day 1 of ownership. This should be fun.

I just removed the building yesterday for the first time to get measurements, and I overcomplicated at first. But I think the easiest method is to remove the two small wireforms behind the building to create a little bit of clearance, then theres a small bracket on the underside you need to remove to gain clearance to put a socket wrench in the area. 8 nuts (two different sizes) is all you need to remove and the whole things comes off from the top side. just hold the building from the top side as you remove the last nut since you'lle have the playfield upright.

#8957 2 years ago
Quoted from beltking:

How would one clear coat the egg shooter rod in gloss? Do a clear coat spray can or two part mix epoxy? Brands that are the best?

I would think dipping it in a small can of polycrylic would be best. Maybe a couple coats in between dry times

#8958 2 years ago
Quoted from etr104:

If this is any indication, I just put down a deposit with Automated Services today for a premium and the ETA is August. (Double purpose post - hey everyone! Im joining the club! Wahooo!)

#8959 2 years ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Wouldn't go between the screen and the monitor. Goes on the other side of the frame between the head of the screw and frame

It may depend on who is on the line at any given time, but I'm pretty certain the ground strap / wire has always been between the LCD screen and the speaker plate in the many that I have installed.

Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

#8960 2 years ago
Quoted from beltking:

One of my other hobbies (more of a lifelong passion) is flyfishing - including fly tying and rod building, although I haven’t built a rod in years. Clear and durable are both things that you need whether you’re coating rod wraps or making certain flies. Typical product used for coating is a 2-part epoxy, and personally that’s exactly what I’d use on your shooter rod. Key thing if you go the epoxy route would be to use some sort of rotisserie you can rotate it with so it dries smooth. If you didn’t want to tackle it (ha!) you could go to a fly shop and see if they have someone who does rod repairs. I bet for $20 you could get it coated rather nicely.

#8961 2 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

It may depend on who is on the line at any given time, but I'm pretty certain the ground strap / wire has always been between the LCD screen and the speaker plate in the many that I have installed.

Yeah, prob right depending on staff. Both that I looked today at were on the speaker side. Mostly I would put it in the other end to avoid applying pressure to the screen frame if it's having issues fitting there. Other than that shouldn't matter

#8962 2 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

I’ll second this. They are always or at least on the 6 or so I have done recently.

#8963 2 years ago

Thought I would post this here with the long shot chance that the right guy at Stern reads this:

Whomever is coding the lighting effects on GZ is doing an OUTSTANDING job. The lighting just keeps getting better with each update. The stomping end of ball effect, the show before a Destruction jackpot attempt, the use of the Red GI string, the UFO changing colors, the various multiball start effects (especially for the Tanks), careful use of bulb dimming effects, and how clearly your eyes get focused on the various shot lit inserts. I could go on & on.

This is the perfectly coded lightshow I've even seen on a modern game. I just hate it when some manufactures put clear windows in most of the playfield inserts, and then proceed to code rainbow puke & swirls throughout the entire playfield & GI. It just looks terrible to me, it's hard to track the ball & it's difficult to instantly tell what to shoot. As far as GZ goes, I'm glad Stern kept their use of RBG inserts limited & tastefully implemented. Hopefully they'll use a single RBG GI string on Keith's future games to offer just a few more lighting options for modes, instead of just a single color.

Hey here's an idea: How about some pulsed lighting effects to the UFO Pop LED that snycs to the Xiliens speech callouts? That would suggest that the speech was actually coming from the UFO on the playfield. Maybe little Xiliens are actually inside there

Love this game so much. Keep it up development team!

#8964 2 years ago

This new code is so fully en fuego. Game is craaaaazzzy. I may request to be buried in it when my time comes.

#8965 2 years ago
Quoted from 1963BSARGS:

Anyone else getting ball hang ups here?
[quoted image]

Look back a page I just asked the same question and got some good responses.

#8966 2 years ago
Quoted from KidRichard:

(Haven't received mine yet as per your question, but I can chime in for some added date information)
I put my order in on/got my name down for a Godzilla Premium on November 4th, 2021 (Canada). I've checked in periodically since then but I have no updates or knowledge as to where I might be on the list.
I'm prepped and ready for it, and super excited! Got all my mods and parts in already... Just no machine yet.

Is that through Player One? I put in my order back in September 2021 and I haven't heard anything either, although Jerry did say I would be in the second run of premiums.

#8967 2 years ago

Just played a pretty long game, first long one since installing pinmonk fans. Still was having issues with flipper fade during multiball(seemed to be only multiball). Anyone else having same issue? Or is it maybe the dreaded coil stop. I dont see too many shavings in the cabinet.

#8968 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Just played a pretty long game, first long one since installing pinmonk fans. Still was having issues with flipper fade during multiball(seemed to be only multiball). Anyone else having same issue? Or is it maybe the dreaded coil stop. I dont see too many shavings in the cabinet.

Weird that you see it only MB. So after a multiball finishes it goes back to normal?

#8969 2 years ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Weird that you see it only MB. So after a multiball finishes it goes back to normal?

That was how it felt to me. Maybe just hitting the flippers so much already into a long game heated the coil up too much? Felt like only the right flipper. Maybe ill take the assembly apart and check the stops.

#8970 2 years ago

It has been a lot of late nights but I just finished up a batch of 40 Godzilla multi-ball SDTM fix roof mods and 60 pieces for the Mecha Godzilla shield mods. I fired up the laser between prints and made a sign for over the right ramp then managed to design a very simple backbox holder for my LVDS to HDMI card that I use for streaming on Godzilla. Just thought I would share some pics of the build process and the prototype sign / card holder I made. Now that the recent batch is done, I can finally get back to enjoying the new code. So much great stuff in .93

If anyone is looking for the roof or shield mod, they can be found my Pinside shop:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1368-hurryuppinball

E61C42B5-8B6F-4B24-83C1-ABC2843E5057 (resized).jpegE61C42B5-8B6F-4B24-83C1-ABC2843E5057 (resized).jpegE6F65BB4-A96B-4ED6-BB86-479CA8C32064 (resized).jpegE6F65BB4-A96B-4ED6-BB86-479CA8C32064 (resized).jpeg9209443E-7D11-4955-88F4-D09B07BC8E16 (resized).jpeg9209443E-7D11-4955-88F4-D09B07BC8E16 (resized).jpeg94FF8E66-2759-4638-8A32-8BFF2EC0D846 (resized).jpeg94FF8E66-2759-4638-8A32-8BFF2EC0D846 (resized).jpegDDDACD1F-0DC1-4EFF-9E40-F245E72A1E58 (resized).jpegDDDACD1F-0DC1-4EFF-9E40-F245E72A1E58 (resized).jpeg01FC6720-BC60-4736-BCC1-FF8DAAB3F57A (resized).jpeg01FC6720-BC60-4736-BCC1-FF8DAAB3F57A (resized).jpeg04B4977C-0312-4274-A376-1951432FDFFE (resized).jpeg04B4977C-0312-4274-A376-1951432FDFFE (resized).jpeg9383D0A0-3825-4F6F-8E19-D3375EDB4DE4 (resized).jpeg9383D0A0-3825-4F6F-8E19-D3375EDB4DE4 (resized).jpeg3E61F5E6-2CAD-4F6D-9914-696F0727189B (resized).jpeg3E61F5E6-2CAD-4F6D-9914-696F0727189B (resized).jpeg281CAA46-1B39-47B7-8854-260D50EFDDD3 (resized).jpeg281CAA46-1B39-47B7-8854-260D50EFDDD3 (resized).jpeg
#8971 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

That was how it felt to me. Maybe just hitting the flippers so much already into a long game heated the coil up too much? Felt like only the right flipper. Maybe ill take the assembly apart and check the stops.

Yeah, even without shavings should be a quick look to see. Such a weird symptom to have it return to normal right away. Now if after the MB might be a few seconds before returning to normal, then prob the fans help it catch up. But still, fans should keep them in working order throughout.

#8972 2 years ago

I would recommend 2 part epoxy. I did that with the egg I made myself and it's smooth as glass.

Don't think I would spray it with anything. 2pac would be too expensive and a waste.

Quoted from beltking:

IMG_20220312_223330 (resized).jpgIMG_20220312_223330 (resized).jpgIMG_20220312_223606 (resized).jpgIMG_20220312_223606 (resized).jpg
#8973 2 years ago
Quoted from RoyalJack:

Hot off the press! I have an early Godzilla Cliffy set installed. Make sure you reach out to Cliff via his website http://www.passionforpinball.com/wip.htm or [email protected]. Tell him Brian sent you .[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Those cliffy’s look great! Did you follow the step by step instructions with photos on his web site or use a video to help figure out the install? Thx.

#8974 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

I've replaced the coils and sleeves and still get the flipper fade, especially during multiball. I guess next I'll try tweaking the EOS switches....last resort would be the fans.

#8975 2 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Thought I would post this here with the long shot chance that the right guy at Stern reads this:
Whomever is coding the lighting effects on GZ is doing an OUTSTANDING job. The lighting just keeps getting better with each update. The stomping end of ball effect, the show before a Destruction jackpot attempt, the use of the Red GI string, the UFO changing colors, the various multiball start effects (especially for the Tanks), careful use of bulb dimming effects, and how clearly your eyes get focused on the various shot lit inserts. I could go on & on.
This is the perfectly coded lightshow I've even seen on a modern game. I just hate it when some manufactures put clear windows in most of the playfield inserts, and then proceed to code rainbow puke & swirls throughout the entire playfield & GI. It just looks terrible to me, it's hard to track the ball & it's difficult to instantly tell what to shoot. As far as GZ goes, I'm glad Stern kept their use of RBG inserts limited & tastefully implemented. Hopefully they'll use a single RBG GI string on Keith's future games to offer just a few more lighting options for modes, instead of just a single color.
Hey here's an idea: How about some pulsed lighting effects to the UFO Pop LED that snycs to the Xiliens speech callouts? That would suggest that the speech was actually coming from the UFO on the playfield. Maybe little Xiliens are actually inside there
Love this game so much. Keep it up development team!

Amen! And to think one of the few early gripes on this game was the lighting effects (not me by god!). I was playing last night on the new code and came to the same conclusion. It’s damn near perfect. It’s pretty dark where I have the game and those dramatic moments when the lights go down my old ass eyes somehow have no problem seeing the ball. Please don’t crank the Pinstadiums on this light show! That maser cannon shot lighting is so badass. And does anyone else think the sound has improved over the last couple of code updates?

#8976 2 years ago

Absolutely loving my premium, hardly anything else has been played since getting it 2 months ago. I know the code is still evolving and its great to see. There are a few things I'd like to see tightened up though. With so much going on at once sometimes there are just too many little video clips queued up waiting to play. For example, hitting the magna grab and having to sit through maybe 4 video clips before the machine lets you drop the ball by which time its now static and not swinging so no chance to try and drop it behind the upper flipper. Same goes for end of game drain, there's no point showing us some of the clips at that point, just skip to the game over sequence. 1 last little nit-pick, I love the power ups, but I think they can do better than 2 big yellow boxes, there's a chance there for some nice graphics to go along with each award ( hopefully the yellow boxes are just place holders ). Just my personal opinion. I'm pretty sure GZ is the best machine ever made, at least in Premium/LE form.

#8977 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Anyone else having same issue?

Nope. All good over here.

#8978 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Nope. All good over here.

Same here, no issues, have played a few games over 20 mins. No fans, but I did replace the stern coil stops.

#8979 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Same here, no issues, have played a few games over 20 mins.

Just streamed for 2.5 hours on Thursday night on new code, no fade. I have the fans as well.

#8980 2 years ago

I opened up my LE last night and have some issues straight out of box. Can someone point me to the info on Building Adjustment issues, balls getting stuck behind the building from the right ramp and balls getting trapped in lower level with building not aligning with playfield ? I've gone into adjustments and tweaked it and it works for a bit, but problem seems to reappear.

#8981 2 years ago
Quoted from Gman3:

I opened up my LE last night and have some issues straight out of box. Can someone point me to the info on Building Adjustment issues, balls getting stuck behind the building from the right ramp and balls getting trapped in lower level with building not aligning with playfield ? I've gone into adjustments and tweaked it and it works for a bit, but problem seems to reappear.

Check for loose screws in holding the mech to the playfield. Check the building switches too - if they’re inconsistent no building adjustment will work long.

#8982 2 years ago

The one thing is like to changed in future code iterations would be to remove the doubled up xillien videos when you first hit the scoop when battle is lit and to remove the choice of battle screen when you have already decided to stay in a certain city. Small peanuts but will aid the already great pacing of this game.

#8983 2 years ago

I’m about to install Cliffy shooter lane protection in my Premium. There are step by step instructions with photos for another stern pin on his site, however it requires removing a fair amount of hardware, so I just want to be crystal clear before I dig in.

Can anyone please point me to photos or a video they made showing the install of Cliffy’s shooter lane protectors on a GZ? Thx.

#8984 2 years ago
Quoted from PinDeadHead:

I’m about to install Cliffy shooter lane protection in my Premium. There are step by step instructions with photos for another stern pin on his site, however it requires removing a fair amount of hardware, so I just want to be crystal clear before I dig in.
Can anyone please point me to photos or a video they made showing the install of Cliffy’s shooter lane protectors on a GZ? Thx.

It is easy to install Cliffy's protectors. Videos would be a plus, but I installed them in a few hours. The shooter lane protectors take a little time to install, but with a screwdriver, some nut drivers, it is simple. If you need help, send a message and I will be more than happy to help.

Ken

#8985 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Just streamed for 2.5 hours on Thursday night on new code, no fade. I have the fans as well.

Well your my go to guy for how to questions! Ill take a look tonight if i have time. Thanks

#8986 2 years ago
Quoted from PinDeadHead:

No pics or videos, but they are very easy to install. Remove the apron, depending on model either two nuts underneath the pf or two nuts under the score card. Then remove the two flat metal bolts by removing the nuts underneath and punching them out. Install cliffy. For the right side protector, remove the first two screws holding the wood on, slide the cliffy underneath and reinstall the screws.

#8987 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

No pics or videos, but they are very easy to install. Remove the apron, depending on model either two nuts underneath the pf or two nuts under the score card. Then remove the two flat metal bolts by removing the nuts underneath and punching them out. Install cliffy. For the right side protector, remove the first two screws holding the wood on, slide the cliffy underneath and reinstall the screws.

Thank you!

#8988 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

The fans should definitely eliminate the flipper fade. I have Pinmonk and my own DIY versions on my games (still waiting on my Godzilla Premium) and no longer get flipper fade. Some of my single games last for over an hour and often times I play 2-3 hours or more straight with no issues. They used to fade around 30-45 minute mark.

Change the coil stops if you haven't already. My original Stern ones have never made it past 500 games played.

Also - if you haven't already - make sure the fans are working...

#8989 2 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

The fans should definitely eliminate the flipper fade. I have Pinmonk and my own DIY versions on my games (still waiting on my Godzilla Premium) and no longer get flipper fade. Some of my single games last for over an hour and often times I play 2-3 hours or more straight with no issues. They used to fade around 30-45 minute mark.
Change the coil stops if you haven't already. My original Stern ones have never made it past 500 games played.
Also - if you haven't already - make sure the fans are working...

fans work. I have pinmonks fans on like 6 of my games and they are great. Stranger things was the first game that convinced me on them. Im going to play more today and see how it feels. Ive been super lucky on the 12 or so newer sterns Ive owned that I have not experienced bad coil stops yet. But some of the games Ive had a while now are getting to those higher play counts so Im sure its coming. I have a bunch of pinball life ones waiting.

#8990 2 years ago

Haha. Right after i wrote the above I was playing my star wars comic premium and noticed the right flipper felt off. Checked the coil and the little nub was just gone. Fell inside the sleeve. So i put the pinball life stops on and everything is great now! Its the game ive had longest so it makes sense. Anyways was super easy.

#8991 2 years ago

I got all excited that the topper was on display at the TWIPYs tonight but I was let down when I got close

84020C7F-AACB-492E-8BEB-58F48BD5A134 (resized).jpeg84020C7F-AACB-492E-8BEB-58F48BD5A134 (resized).jpeg
#8992 2 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

I got all excited that the topper was on display at the TWIPYs tonight but I was let down when I got close
[quoted image]

Hot wheels topper is horrible. Should be that orange track with a car or something.

#8993 2 years ago
Quoted from beltking:

Hot wheels topper is horrible. Should be that orange track with a car or something.

Free topper on the games that pretty much are the cheapest available today... maybe an expectation reset? All the AP games have had simple acrylic toppers included. These aren't the $500+ toppers Stern or 3rd parties are trying to get away with.

#8994 2 years ago

Stern took home quite a few trophies this year

40DCE41B-9053-427D-BA45-01851C08295A (resized).jpeg40DCE41B-9053-427D-BA45-01851C08295A (resized).jpeg
#8995 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Check the stops. You shouldn't be feeling fade unless you're *super* sensitive to it, because cooled the coils get nowhere close to the fade zone on Godzilla.

#8996 2 years ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

Same! I'm throwing the Modfather rod back in. This Mothra egg is garbage. Mine is smooth but feels short and mostly unable to even make it to the skill shot and like a limp noodle upon install.

There's got to be a shorter barrel spring solution for sale for this problem besides cutting a standard one ... I've had a couple rods that are 1/4 to a half inch short and cutting the spring makes all the difference in the world

#8997 2 years ago

So how has Godzilla been selling in Japan? Curious because I’m not seeing many Japanese pinsiders in this forum.

Edit: hey any Japanese friends care to share how this is selling in your great country?

#8998 2 years ago

Pinball is not popular in Japan. There are hardly any home owners or public arcades.

Quoted from gumnut01:

So how has Godzilla been selling in Japan? Curious because I’m not seeing many Japanese pinsiders in this forum.
Edit: hey any Japanese friends care to share how this is selling in your great country?

#8999 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Pinball is not popular in Japan. There are hardly any home owners or public arcades.

Thanks, thought the TOHO licence and the Japanese narrator may have changed things a bit.

#9000 2 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Thanks, thought the TOHO licence and the Japanese narrator may have changed things a bit.

Infrastructure just isn't there for people to see pins on location, and even the arcades Japan has been famous for are mostly gone.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Chula Vista, CA
$ 19.99
Electronics
GMods

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ScottieIA Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Loveland, CO
Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 100.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Gov's Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 27,339 posts in this topic. You are on page 180 of 547.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/180?hl=troon47 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.