20220125_173417 (resized).jpg
spinner (resized).jpg
20220125_113321 (resized).jpg
D4044C27-A2E7-450C-A003-1DCE9DF3B828 (resized).jpeg
20220124_163345 (resized).jpg
20220124_141625 (resized).jpg
20220124_141615 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,859 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 138.
#851 3 months ago

If anyone stops by the pinball pro booth at expo the Godzilla premium is mine after the show so let me know how it plays and sounds with the pinball pro speaker upgrades that are installed,,I am having a friend pick it up,I can’t go!.

Enjoy.

#852 3 months ago
Quoted from shaunpurslow:

Perfect!
[quoted image]

Congrats on the best replacement I have seen so far.
Side note to all you other people putting ugly legendary Godzillas in your LE I will personally be at your home soon to take your machine away.

#853 3 months ago

Perfect!
[quoted image]

Which one is this? Tail maybe an issue.

#854 3 months ago

Best Godzilla I have seen for the game. How much and when?

#855 3 months ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Goes to show how deceiving and sometimes uninspiring Sterns rendering pictures can be, the armor it’s beautiful! Always best to wait and see pictures of the actual game before passing judgment.

Indeed that powder coating is Beautiful and I originally my opinion was quite flat on the grey look.

#856 3 months ago
Quoted from beltking:

Which one is this? Tail maybe an issue.

Every single joint in the tail is posable. So you can bend it into any shape you want. Same goes for the neck and head.

It's the S.H. MonsterArts 1954 Godzilla.

It was the only non-derpy, hyper detailed Godzilla I could find in the perfect size.

20211026_142613 (resized).jpg
#857 3 months ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

Official topper to have a complete game??? Looks like you are part of the topper inflation problem. Piece of plastic for 1k is a joke. Topper should be included in the LE price like CGC MBrLE.

I disagree,

Hes part of the been around long enough to know toppers should come standard on a limited machine but will spend the money to get one if done correctly by the manufacturer club.

It's just a shame there are folks buying surplus games/toppers to hold and resell at a nauseating upcharge. It's sad to see this reseller market bleed into our hobby. I miss the days of being able to buy something because we like it. Now we have to pay up-front on every title and topper in order to obtain one at msrp. Its been five weeks since Godzilla was announced and Ive seen hundreds of LE's pop up and selling for at least 2k or more over MSRP and they're still being listed! Halloween and ultraman had this same thing going on as well but now we see those resellers just trying to get out of their deposits because the game code isn't what real enthusiasts want in their machines! Sad to see. Happy for Charlie he was able to sell through but in general those of us who want a game we knew we'd want last year and still couldn't get it at msrp because someone was in tight with our distro is upsetting. Anyways Ive tried again for keiths LE next year so hopefully I'll get it. my arcade is "Elwins Arcade" exclusive to the best layouts and game code in pinball!

#858 3 months ago

Every single joint in the tail is posable. So you can bend it into any shape you want. Same goes for the neck and head.
It's the S.H. MonsterArts 1954 Godzilla.
It was the only non-derpy, hyper detailed Godzilla I could find in the perfect size.
[quoted image]

Not sure where you got this, but it looks like it's out of production now. I would totally use this model, but it's selling around $200 USD on certain sites that have it in stock.

#859 3 months ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

Yeah....I have had them IN STOCK since last Tuesday. Unfortunately, my website is now closed until next week (Nov 1st). The good news is there shouldn't be any issues with them being OUT OF STOCK when the website opens up again for orders.
Sorry for the inconvenience,
Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

Expo closure i assume? Ok ill setup my order and just keep you posted when I do purchase next week! Thanks!

#860 3 months ago

I have next generation Godzilla. It is from 70s.

#861 3 months ago

Has anyone moved the flippers from the stock "flopping down" position, to being level with the ball return guides?

#862 3 months ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Has anyone moved the flippers from the stock "flopping down" position, to being level with the ball return guides?

Ha! Hadn’t really noticed that, but I’ve certainly noticed that trapping the ball is more difficult than on most other pins.
Just checked and yes, flippers do look lower than normal but they are pointing directly at the little dimples in the playfield so appear as though they’re right where they ought to be.

#863 3 months ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Ha! Hadn’t really noticed that, but I’ve certainly noticed that trapping the ball is more difficult than on most other pins.
Just checked and yes, flippers do look lower than normal but they are pointing directly at the little dimples in the playfield so appear as though they’re right where they ought to be.

Yeah that is how the game is designed, but I just hate the position. It plays so awkward.

#864 3 months ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I think interns are being ramped up at Stern. All the Godzilla's I've played so far had flopping/slouching or misaligned flippers.

#865 3 months ago

Mine says 1968. It is more like early 70s. 6 5/8”.

image (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpg
#866 3 months ago

Here is a rare one. Wish it was bigger.
image (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpg
#867 3 months ago

Don’t hook pinstadiums to shaker. Won’t work and disabled my shaker. Had to hook to top right flasher and reboot again. Had same issue on Deadpool.

#868 3 months ago
Quoted from beltking:

Don’t hook pinstadiums to shaker. Won’t work and disabled my shaker. Had to hook to top right flasher and reboot again. Had same issue on Deadpool.

good to know. imo this game is too dark in the middle and pins are necessary. Obviously, not imperative but if you like a bright game, this one will let you down in the middle especially.

#869 3 months ago
Quoted from delt31:

good to know. imo this game is too dark in the middle and pins are necessary. Obviously, not imperative but if you like a bright game, this one will let you down in the middle especially.

I always just get a couple spot lights and mount them on the sling area and aim them towards the middle. Seems to be the right amount of light that I like.

#870 3 months ago

I've just noticed this while I'm waiting for my LE. Where in the world is Ghidorah's body? I see all 3 heads wrapped up with Godzilla but...where is the rest of him? I can't unsee it.

Where is his body? (resized).png
#871 3 months ago
Quoted from Supersquid:

I always just get a couple spot lights and mount them on the sling area and aim them towards the middle. Seems to be the right amount of light that I like.

Yeah hear you. I’ve done that for a number of my pins as well. There are so many dark spots though in this game I find that I’m not appreciating how good the pf art is. I also play pretty dark room.

#872 3 months ago
Quoted from RoyalJack:

I've just noticed this while I'm waiting for my LE. Where in the world is Ghidorah's body? I see all 3 heads wrapped up with Godzilla but...where is the rest of him? I can't unsee it.
[quoted image]

Look under the playfield. 8-)

#873 3 months ago
Quoted from tonyf1965:

Here is a rare one. Wish it was bigger.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

This is too good! I found one on Mercari for $50 for my LE, just needs 5/8 inch platform shoes to match the original height...

#874 3 months ago

I’ve got a ton of Godzilla figures and have been considering the best replacement figure for the molded Godzilla in the game. I’ve come to the conclusion that these are the two best options, given the art and assets used:

The first is the NECA 1954 Poster Art figure. It is pretty widely available for around $50.

The second is what I am going to be using, and is the SH Monsterarts Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla Poster Art variant figure. It’s much tougher to find, and more expensive.

Both are 6”. Thank you for coming to my Godzilla figure TED talk.

7576DF59-4A35-4953-B061-AF2D0E5CB762 (resized).jpegC71A61A9-97A0-4BCA-B19B-F752CFD140F4 (resized).jpegFCC81F98-1E03-45B8-A670-41C3EA30C5DF (resized).jpegA9163540-CA6E-4BDB-9DCC-7720E46A987D (resized).jpeg

#875 3 months ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

I’ve got a ton of Godzilla figures and have been considering the best replacement figure for the molded Godzilla in the game. I’ve come to the conclusion that these are the two best options, given the art and assets used:
The first is the NECA 1954 Poster Art figure. It is pretty widely available for around $50.
The second is what I am going to be using, and is the SH Monsterarts Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla Poster Art variant figure. It’s much tougher to find, and more expensive.
Both are 6”. Thank you for coming to my Godzilla figure TED talk.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

How tall is the Neca figure? Looks too tall from the pics to fit.

#876 3 months ago
Quoted from RoyalJack:

[quoted image]

I think that happens with art, you can’t always include 100% of a body so it’s just assumed that it’s there.

#877 3 months ago
Quoted from Gov:

He stated both were 6 inches tall, and also he thanked you for attending his TED talk.

#878 3 months ago

Does anyone know what figure is stock on the LE and premiums?

#879 3 months ago

was 10800 for a Stern LE From dealers just charging what Stern had Told them
As far as Prem / pro . not sure
6599 / 9599

Quoted from ShinyNick:

Looks pretty nice! The silver armour is different from Mando, this one is mettalic
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Quoted from blowback1976:

Does anyone know what figure is stock on the LE and premiums?

#880 3 months ago

Trying to find out what 10 Toho movies are used in the game. Anyone seen a reference?

#881 3 months ago

For those LE owners who have already received the machine and put some quality games in...what are your impressions? I would love to hear more about the Premium/LE features like the building, bridge, and mechagodzilla! I have an early run Premium on order and want to hear your gameplay impressions. Is the building mech awesome?

#882 3 months ago
Quoted from per3per3:

For those LE owners who have already received the machine and put some quality games in...what are your impressions? I would love to hear more about the Premium/LE features like the building, bridge, and mechagodzilla! I have an early run Premium on order and want to hear your gameplay impressions. Is the building mech awesome?

Yeah building mech is awesome. Hole in bottom is small enough to be a challenge.

#883 3 months ago
Quoted from Gov:

6”

#884 3 months ago
Quoted from El_Patron:

Trying to find out what 10 Toho movies are used in the game. Anyone seen a reference?

Loser Kid Podcast recently interviewed Keith Elwin and Keith said they weren't able to use these 4 films:

Godzilla Raid Again (1955)
King Kong vs Godzilla (1962)
Destroy All Monsters (1968)
Godzilla vs Hedorah (1971)

The Showa era Godzilla series was 15 films so one of the following eleven films is not included in the game but the rest are.

Godzilla (1954)
Mothra vs. Godzilla (1964)
Ghidorah, The Three-Headed Monster (1964)
Invasion of Astro-Monster (1965)
Ebirah, Horror of the Deep (1966)
Son Of Godzilla(1967)
All Monsters Attack (1969)
Godzilla vs. Gigan (1972)
Godzilla vs. Megalon (1973)
Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla (1974)
Terror of Mechagodzilla (1975)

#885 3 months ago
Quoted from docquest:

Loser Kid Podcast recently interviewed Keith Elwin and Keith said they weren't able to use these 4 films:
Godzilla Raid Again (1955)
King Kong vs Godzilla (1962)
Destroy All Monsters (1968)
Godzilla vs Hedorah (1971)
The Showa era Godzilla series was 15 films so one of the following eleven films is not included in the game but the rest are.
Godzilla (1954)
Mothra vs. Godzilla (1964)
Ghidorah, The Three-Headed Monster (1964)
Invasion of Astro-Monster (1965)
Ebirah, Horror of the Deep (1966)
Son Of Godzilla(1967)
All Monsters Attack (1969)
Godzilla vs. Gigan (1972)
Godzilla vs. Megalon (1973)
Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla (1974)
Terror of Mechagodzilla (1975)

I just watched Godzilla raids again. It was not great. Seemed like a rush job.

#886 3 months ago

Officially in on a Premium. Won't get it til the next run, first quarter 2022.
<

#887 3 months ago
Quoted from per3per3:

The building mech is awesome, but I think that because I was expecting it to be awesome, I was more impressed with the mechagodzilla spinning mech.
So much awesome on this game. I love, love, love the ramps! They’re not easy to hit (though I’m getting better), so combos are very satisfying.

#888 3 months ago

Hedora is also called Smog monster, one of my favorites movies.

#889 3 months ago
Quoted from Chambahz:The building mech is awesome, but I think that because I was expecting it to be awesome, I was more impressed with the mechagodzilla spinning mech.
So much awesome on this game. I love, love, love the ramps! They’re not easy to hit (though I’m getting better), so combos are very satisfying.

I think the right ramp is pretty easy, but the left ramp is more of a challenge for me. The building/Center shot is much tighter then I expected. All I can say is this layout is amazing and definitely has that “one more game” feel to it.

#890 3 months ago

I noticed how much harder the left ramp was to nail this last weekend on a Pro at Rocky Mountain Pinball Showdown. One thing I remembered about the building mech was that it raises and lowers and diverts the ball to different ramps based on how high it is. I was wondering what makes it raise and lower, and if you can get more left/right inlane shots on a Premium/LE because of the raising/lowering combined with that right ramp being easier to hit?

#891 3 months ago

6 inch figure should fit. Sterns is 5-5/8 and a little room between glass. Will be close. I need to find one but the good one is $180. Stern should have reproduced that.

#892 3 months ago
Quoted from beltking:

6 inch figure should fit. Sterns is 5-5/8 and a little room between glass. Will be close. I need to find one but the good one is $180. Stern should have reproduced that.

Both NECA and Monsterarts make a ton of 6" Godzilla figs.

#893 3 months ago
Quoted from Drain-O:

I noticed how much harder the left ramp was to nail this last weekend on a Pro at Rocky Mountain Pinball Showdown. One thing I remembered about the building mech was that it raises and lowers and diverts the ball to different ramps based on how high it is. I was wondering what makes it raise and lower, and if you can get more left/right inlane shots on a Premium/LE because of the raising/lowering combined with that right ramp being easier to hit?

I believe it was mentioned it raises and lowers based on whether lock is lit. The bottom two floors are either straight through or into the physical lock. The top two floors either divert to opposite of shooting flipper or back to shooting flipper.

#894 3 months ago

Any LE games delivered in the Southeastern US? Don't worry I (probably) won't drive to your house...

#895 3 months ago

My LE is on the truck, circling the Metroplex in a teasing game of "Did I Hear Airbrakes!?"

My patience holds, but in grief in doing so.

#896 3 months ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Any LE games delivered in the Southeastern US? Don't worry I (probably) won't drive to your house...

South Florida here, I was told yesterday that mine shipped.

#897 3 months ago

Just measured… 6.75” is max figure before hitting glass.

#898 3 months ago
Quoted from Drain-O:

One thing you can do (props to MapleSyrup for showing me this, last weekend!) is to lock a ball, then start your Gigan battle (to beat him, you need 8 ramp shots). Get the ball to your left flipper and then repeat that right ramp which will keep diverting to your left flipper. MUCH easier than trying for combo left/right ramp shots.
I hit it 6 times in a row. Saw him hit 8 in a row, easily defeating Gigan.

Question: how long after receiving the game do I have to wait before I can say how utterly awesome it is, without being perceived as still being in the honeymoon phase? There’s so many fun aspects to this title. Progress through a city for full destruction, progress through the various cities as quickly as possible with minimal destruction, focus on # of buildings you can destroy, build towards a wicked Godzilla multiball (collect ally for add a ball and only use it after getting the add a ball from the mechagodzilla spinner) then build as big a destruction jackpot as possible… or just focus on that super satisfying Tesla spinner for a big payout? There’s also an insert for mechagodzilla, possibly indicating another mini wizard mode somehow related to that super-fun mechanism!
Not even sure how to start Rampage. Insert points to the shot under the upper left flipper but is rarely lit. Not sure how to start that?

#899 3 months ago
Quoted from beltking:

Just measured… 6.75” is max figure before hitting glass.

That's perfect! Thank you for posting the measurement... I was thinking about getting this figure to replace the stock one

https://www.sideshow.com/collectibles/godzilla-1989-bandai-908160

Measures 6.39" and looks like it will fit.

#900 3 months ago
Quoted from Berserk:

That's perfect! Thank you for posting the measurement... I was thinking about getting this figure to replace the stock one
https://www.sideshow.com/collectibles/godzilla-1989-bandai-908160
Measures 6.39" and looks like it will fit.

It’s 10” wide?

There are 6,859 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 138.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside