PXL_20240415_201849415 (resized).jpg
IMG_2601 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2538 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1444 (resized).jpg
IMG_7006.jpg
gdz opto receiver (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,390 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 548.
#801 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

So if it applies to all games - why is it a concern for you here?
I mean.. some games GIVE you multiball on ball three for similar reasons... make sure the casual gets to some excitement.
Focus on getting an ally and a monster and then look at MB.

you are missing the point. Cheers.

#802 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Cool! I thought only Minnesotans were passive-aggressive… I’m okay after all!

#803 2 years ago
Quoted from onyxx:

I might be imagining this but the left flipper seems to be slightly off and too low compared to the right flipper on that pro.

Oh yes indeed. Flippers were out of alignment on both these games unfortunately.

#804 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

I think he’s bang-on, personally.
You can start either the Godzilla/building multiball or the mechagodzilla multiball without too much difficulty, but it’s best to tie them into modes if you plan on achieving any kind of progress.
Plus, like well walker multiball on TWD, it’s not about how easy it is to start, it’s how well/when you use them that’s the key.
If you look at everything that needs to be accomplished to get to wizard mode, I expect you’ll start each of those multiballs a couple/few times (at least).
This is brilliant because lesser players can enjoy a mecha multiball and/or a Godzilla/building multiball without having to shoot both ramps, then struggle with the scoop, etc.

#805 2 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

You can start either the Godzilla/building multiball or the mechagodzilla multiball without too much difficulty, but it’s best to tie them into modes if you plan on achieving any kind of progress.
Plus, like well walker multiball on TWD, it’s not about how easy it is to start, it’s how well/when you use them that’s the key.
If you look at everything that needs to be accomplished to get to wizard mode, I expect you’ll start each of those multiballs a couple/few times (at least).
This is brilliant because lesser players can enjoy a mecha multiball and/or a Godzilla/building multiball without having to shoot both ramps, then struggle with the scoop, etc.

any good guide out there yet to understand rules?

#806 2 years ago

LE should arrive this week so I'm getting ready to apply some of the usual protective measures for a NIB game. Curious, I thought I recalled seeing somewhere, no clue where, that with the magna-grab magnet , it could cause accelerated wear on the PF in that area. Not sure if it's true or not but was thinking about slapping some mylar around that area like I would in the shooter lane. Does anyone see any downside to doing this around that magnet. I could see how the repetitive nature of the ball hanging and moving back and forth on the magnet could create a trail but wanted to get y'alls thoughts. Seems like putting a cheap piece of mylar couldn't hurt anything.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts and insights.

#808 2 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

mmmh, yeah I agree with all of that, but I was not referring to that...
For me the MB starts unintentionally after a few repeated shots to the building. Only played the game 5-6 times and that was my first impression, you are into an MB in no time and that was my experience every time. Maybe need to play it more to see where the other areas shine.

Still found the game really fun and smooth, the shots are really sweet and the best shooting machine I played so far, I played all the Elwin's and owned 2, currently shooting Iron Maiden, I can see myself playing GZ even though the theme does nothing for me.

#809 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

So has anyone replaced stern pro or premium speakers with the LE/updated ones? Anything that is plug and play Bc I’m thinking about swapping out some of my non LE sterns as the sound on this LE is very good
And I use psw10 sub for all my games.

I replaced the speakers AND put a small amp (the on board one is kind of wimpy) in an Iron Maiden Premium. Also ordered the parts to put the LE-style ring kit in it. It sounded GREAT. Note that the post spacing on the speaker plates is different on the LE with the larger speaker, so at the very least you need the LE-style speaker plate adapter to use larger speakers.

Here's where I talk about the installation and the parts you need (with part numbers):
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/replacing-on-board-amp-with-external-amp-for-iron-maiden

#810 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I replaced the speakers AND put a small amp (the on board one is kind of wimpy) in an Iron Maiden Premium. Also ordered the parts to put the LE-style ring kit in it. It sounded GREAT.

I've been thinking about this and I was not sure of the actual gains I will get from just replacing the speakers as I do not want another amplifier inside the machine but not sure if it is worth doing this.

#811 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I replaced the speakers AND put a small amp (the on board one is kind of wimpy) in an Iron Maiden Premium. Also ordered the parts to put the LE-style ring kit in it. It sounded GREAT. Note that the post spacing on the speaker plates is different on the LE with the larger speaker, so at the very least you need the LE-style speaker plate adapter to use larger speakers.
Here's where I talk about the installation and the parts you need (with part numbers):
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/replacing-on-board-amp-with-external-amp-for-iron-maiden

thanks.

If I don't want to add an amp, am I able to just buy these and the other three items PB life recommends and be OK? Is it hard to just hook these speakers up?

https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-le-speaker-set-5-14-4-ohm.html

#812 2 years ago
Quoted from MUGEN_4_LIFE:

Doug knows 100% I've swapped my prem elwin machines with his kits and its super easy! Although I had to solder the speaker wires to the kenwood speakers I installed. Looking back I could have installed molex connectors but solder seemed like the easier solution and surefire connection for me. Doug do you currently have the 5.25 brackets? And light packages in stock like I've purchased prior? Need one ASAP.

Yeah....I have had them IN STOCK since last Tuesday. Unfortunately, my website is now closed until next week (Nov 1st). The good news is there shouldn't be any issues with them being OUT OF STOCK when the website opens up again for orders.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

#813 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

thanks.
If I don't want to add an amp, am I able to just buy these and the other three items PB life recommends and be OK? Is it hard to just hook these speakers up?

Yeah, you should be fine with the speakers and correct adapter plates, etc for the larger speakers.

Unless the PBL speakers come with the molex pigtail installed on the speakers you will need to solder, though.

#814 2 years ago

The rules at tiltforums are pretty helpful.
I’d say a great initial strategy is to qualify and lock 1 or two balls into the building, then Shoot ramps to start the jet fighter hurry ups, and complete 5 jets in order to light “collect ally”. (You can apparently also make (?) repeated loop shots to light ally as well).
Trap the ball on the left flipper. Select the Anguirus ally using the right flipper. Shoot scoop using left flipper, without hitting right flipper again (changing ally by accident).
Collect Anguirus. Start gaiju battle. Lock remaining balls into building ASAP.
Multiball starts while you’re battling gaiju. Hit the lock bar button as soon as you drain to 1 ball, Anguirus ally buff restarts the multiball.
If you complete the gaiju battle, the “Raid” insert (Monster Monitor inserts in the Center of the playfield) will be lit solid.
You can now shoot the scoop to change cities if you wish to progress through four cities to “Planet X” mini-wizard mode, or remain in the same city, aiming for complete destruction (requires bridge completion, tanks, and the Power/Tesla strike modes)

Hope that’s useful?

Edit: Forgot to mention that while in the Godzilla/Building multiball, make sure to hit the Mechagodzilla spinner for add a ball!

#815 2 years ago

Thanks for the tips.

Quoted from Chambahz:

The rules at tiltforums are pretty helpful.
I’d say a great initial strategy is to qualify and lock 1 or two balls into the building, then Shoot ramps to start the jet fighter hurry ups, and complete (3?) jets in order to light “collect ally”. (You can apparently also make 3 repeated loop shots to light ally as well).
Trap the ball on the left flipper. Select the Anguirus ally using the right flipper. Shoot scoop using left flipper, without hitting right flipper again (changing ally by accident).
Collect Anguirus. Start gaiju battle. Lock remaining balls into building ASAP.
Multiball starts while you’re battling gaiju. Hit the lock bar button as soon as you drain to 1 ball, Anguirus ally buff restarts the multiball.
If you complete the gaiju battle, the “Raid” insert (Minster Monitor inserts in the Center of the playfield) will be lit solid.
You can now shoot the scoop to change cities if you wish to progress through four cities to “Planet X” mini-wizard mode, or remain in the same city, aiming for complete destruction (requires bridge completion, tanks, and the Power/Tesla strike modes)
Hope that’s useful?

#816 2 years ago

LE on location at my art supply shop.
I’ll try not to be playing if you wanna try it out.

E90FBB19-A0B5-43E9-AB70-295368C0B5BB (resized).jpegE90FBB19-A0B5-43E9-AB70-295368C0B5BB (resized).jpeg
#817 2 years ago
Quoted from MLarkin78:

Hawkeye challenge is similar but it has a poor execution. Hey , where should we put this challenge shot? Right behind the spinning disk so it will get blocked most of the time. That's a great idea!

In no position is the disc actually in the way of making the Hawkeye shot though...

#818 2 years ago

When I get my LE I promise to post some decent pictures of the thing…

#819 2 years ago
Quoted from dri:

I'm patiently awaiting my LE.

It shipped today, speaking of the devil!

I'm doing an all day unboxing stream when it arrives. It should be fun!

#820 2 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

Cool! I thought only Minnesotans were passive-aggressive… I’m okay after all!

Don’t go to Dutch Iowa, they put MN Nice to shame lmao! Coming to MN the last four years has been a literal breath of fresh air.

#821 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-NJA:

LE on location at my art supply shop.
I’ll try not to be playing if you wanna try it out.
[quoted image]

Damn that cabinet looks nice!

#822 2 years ago

Anyone else notice this ball guide flaring out? Ball catches on it and slowly bends it back out of place after hand bending back in. Thinking about adding a zip tie to draw the two rails together (either side of the magnet).

Worried it's going to dig into the clear/art and chip, etc

PXL_20211026_045919382.MP.jpgPXL_20211026_045919382.MP.jpg

#823 2 years ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

Anyone else notice this ball guide flaring out? Ball catches on it and slowly bends it back out of place after hand bending back in. Thinking about adding a zip tie to draw the two rails together (either side of the magnet).
[quoted image]

Now I'm worried about what damage the ball will do to rest if field if it's hitting so hard it's bending that guide. Gonna beat the hell out of the ball,,

#824 2 years ago

If I buy an aftermarket speaker system for the Premium, would it be comparable to the LE speaker upgrade? It's a great game, but not sure I want to drop the $14k for a LE that I see FS here. I'm sure someone else would appreciate a LE more than me.

#825 2 years ago
Quoted from Lateralus:

When do the new run of Premiums ship? If I buy an aftermarket speaker system for the Premium, would it be comparable to the LE speaker upgrade? It's a great game, but not sure I want to drop the $14k for a LE that I see FS here.

I believe they're up to 600-700 on the LEs. Premiums up next.

#826 2 years ago
Quoted from Lateralus:

If I buy an aftermarket speaker system for the Premium, would it be comparable to the LE speaker upgrade? It's a great game, but not sure I want to drop the $14k for a LE that I see FS here. I'm sure someone else would appreciate a LE more than me.

The amp on the Spike board is the same, so buying better speakers (and the adapter plate to make the larger 5.25" speakers fit) will make your Prem sound as good or better than an LE.

Pinball Life sells the Stern LE speakers with links to the adapters, etc you need on the same page:

But you can just buy the adapters, etc and spend more to buy better speakers. Also, don't forget to upgrade the speaker in the cabinet, too. The Pro/Prem is a cheaper cab speaker than the LE.

Ebay has the Goldwood 8024 I think is the same as the Goldwood 208/4 ones in the LEs (for $20):
ebay.com link: itm

#827 2 years ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

[quoted image]

Interesting. See mine. It seems mine is closer to the newton ball. I was actually thinking of moving mine out a little like yours BBC I feel like during the Loop shot the ball goes too far away from the top left flipper (only when it comes around fast) and it’s hard to reach it. Do you ever experience that with yours?

What does everyone else lane look like? Wonder what is the correct angle?

1C436347-7861-457C-B98D-9508B7A84FEF (resized).jpeg1C436347-7861-457C-B98D-9508B7A84FEF (resized).jpeg
#828 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The amp on the Spike board is the same, so buying better speakers (and the adapter plate to make the larger 5.25" speakers fit) will make your Prem sound as good or better than an LE.
Pinball Life sells the Stern LE speakers with links to the adapters, etc you need on the same page:
But you can just buy the adapters, etc and spend more to buy better speakers. Also, don't forget to upgrade the speaker in the cabinet, too. The Pro/Prem is a cheaper cab speaker than the LE.
Ebay has the Goldwood 8024 I think is the same as the Goldwood 208/4 ones in the LEs (for $20):
ebay.com link: itm

Thank you very much, man. This is exactly what I was looking for. Very much appreciated!

#829 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Interesting. See mine. It seems mine is closer to the newton ball. I was actually thinking of moving mine out a little like yours BBC I feel like during the Loop shot the ball goes too far away from the top left flipper (only when it comes around fast) and it’s hard to reach it. Do you ever experience that with yours?
[quoted image]

Help me understand what the ball guide nearest the Newton ball has to do with the orbit shot (or or you addressing two different things here?)
I’ve experienced the same “ball comes around on a fast loop, away from the upper flipper” as well. Would be great to better understand the root cause of that and be able to address it.

#830 2 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Help me understand what the ball guide nearest the Newton ball has to do with the orbit shot (or or you addressing two different things here?)
I’ve experienced the same “ball comes around on a fast loop, away from the upper flipper” as well. Would be great to better understand the root cause of that and be able to address it.

Ok if you’re experiencing it too thanks it’s not caused by that ball guide. I thought if you didn’t then the two were related since mine is closer to the Newton.

I would suggest moving it closer to the newton ball Bc I agree it might start to dig into pf art.

As for why the ball sometimes goes too far away from that left to flipper when it has too much speed which is why I believe the power on that flipper is intentionally lower is the ball when it goes around sometimes hits the metal rail that guides it towards that flipper and pops out awkwardly away from the flipper. Not sure if that can be corrected but it happens only when is flying

#831 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

[quoted image]

Haven't noticed that rail impacting the ball feeding the upper flipper either way

#832 2 years ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

[quoted image]

"Hand bending" that small portion??? Hmmm, doesn't sound possible, are you sure the post nut isn't loose from below (don't have a game to inspect) and it's causing the rail to flip flop over the post secure point...

I would check all the screws, posts, and bolts first before ever hand bending or bending anything for that matter

#833 2 years ago

Godzilla le is here!

8840B921-2234-4A04-8913-76E525A8ACDA (resized).jpeg8840B921-2234-4A04-8913-76E525A8ACDA (resized).jpeg

#834 2 years ago

anyone really dial in their shooter yet? Maybe it's just the way it's designed but if I try to do a soft plunge, the ball sometimes gets caught up by the mechagodzilla toy (the right side of it - the ball guide).

#835 2 years ago

Mando vs Godzilla powder coat.

C50358A4-1F63-41DD-9760-6AEA1E4BF8B6 (resized).jpegC50358A4-1F63-41DD-9760-6AEA1E4BF8B6 (resized).jpeg
#836 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

anyone really dial in their shooter yet? Maybe it's just the way it's designed but if I try to do a soft plunge, the ball sometimes gets caught up by the mechagodzilla toy (the right side of it - the ball guide).

Maybe 1/3 of the time, mine rattles in that area, but more if I'm giving it enough power to do the skill shot that goes behind the upper flipper. Haven't looked into it yet.

#837 2 years ago
Quoted from beltking:

Mando vs Godzilla powder coat.
[quoted image]

So pretty!

#838 2 years ago
0E0EFB93-A633-48F1-B13F-D78D7EBE1810 (resized).jpeg0E0EFB93-A633-48F1-B13F-D78D7EBE1810 (resized).jpeg93F34061-AA89-4A16-8D3B-03529748A1DD (resized).jpeg93F34061-AA89-4A16-8D3B-03529748A1DD (resized).jpeg95E8CD17-BA59-4864-8C7B-D60D812EED82 (resized).jpeg95E8CD17-BA59-4864-8C7B-D60D812EED82 (resized).jpegABBF5B8C-7CCB-4680-855E-40C85E4804D0 (resized).jpegABBF5B8C-7CCB-4680-855E-40C85E4804D0 (resized).jpegF91A1B1A-6222-453A-B22C-C5962C3C3C43 (resized).jpegF91A1B1A-6222-453A-B22C-C5962C3C3C43 (resized).jpeg
#839 2 years ago

Please tell what number you are?

#840 2 years ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

So just noticed this--looks like I got a prem speaker panel? Anyone else have a panel like this on their LE? How about your sub?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Update: Stern is sending me a fully populated speaker panel. Just need to move the Id plate over and I'm g2g! Special thanks to Mad Pinball for taking care of this so quickly!

#841 2 years ago

And Kanada!

#842 2 years ago

Added pinstadium lights. During attract all the lights go out and each flash so the pins flash. If you are replacing Godzilla toy the tail needs to be straight like this.

6E94D465-47B8-4465-9099-6FDEDA190935 (resized).jpeg6E94D465-47B8-4465-9099-6FDEDA190935 (resized).jpeg8D9E69ED-0AFB-410C-8D11-5458681AE58E (resized).jpeg8D9E69ED-0AFB-410C-8D11-5458681AE58E (resized).jpegCAC4AB9D-6389-426E-B2CD-C61714E44BD4 (resized).jpegCAC4AB9D-6389-426E-B2CD-C61714E44BD4 (resized).jpeg
#843 2 years ago

Who dis?

#844 2 years ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

Maybe 1/3 of the time, mine rattles in that area, but more if I'm giving it enough power to do the skill shot that goes behind the upper flipper. Haven't looked into it yet.

Yeah, I'm considering maybe moving the plunger over to the left just a little such that it shoots the ball along the ride side lane guide?
Haven't done any major alterations yet as I'm still just trying to figure everything out and will likely let the game settle in a bit more before changing anything.
If anyone finds a way to tweak that shot, please share!

#845 2 years ago

Got from flipnout pinball.

I recommend putting a twist tie around top of building lift bf lifting playfield bc it smacks down hard when you lower. If you lift it up there is a space and screw to twist it to.

Also for some reason I did a code update and when it rebooted the machine made a weird fart sound. No kidding. Weird.

#846 2 years ago
Quoted from beltking:

Got from flipnout pinball.
I recommend putting a twist tie around top of building lift bf lifting playfield bc it smacks down hard when you lower. If you lift it up there is a space and screw to twist it to.
Also for some reason I did a code update and when it rebooted the machine made a weird fart sound. No kidding. Weird.

54D0D741-94B7-4D6E-9767-EB719F9B2D0C.gif54D0D741-94B7-4D6E-9767-EB719F9B2D0C.gif
#847 2 years ago
Quoted from beltking:

Added pinstadium lights. During attract all the lights go out and each flash so the pins flash. If you are replacing Godzilla toy the tail needs to be straight like this.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

How tall is the current Godzilla toy in there?

#848 2 years ago

I'm hoping to start shipping these out next week sometime, please PM me to get on the list. They are pretty tedious to make and when you times it by 3 it's that much more.

Cost it's going to be 120.00 with 10.00 for shipping inside the U.S. (if you are out the U.S. please p.m. so I can get you an accurate quote)

20211026_103819 (resized).jpg20211026_103819 (resized).jpg20211026_103826 (resized).jpg20211026_103826 (resized).jpg20211026_103832 (resized).jpg20211026_103832 (resized).jpg20211026_103845 (resized).jpg20211026_103845 (resized).jpg
#849 2 years ago
Quoted from shaunpurslow:

How tall is the current Godzilla toy in there?

5-5/8”

#850 2 years ago

Perfect!

20211026_135533 (resized).jpg20211026_135533 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

10,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, IL
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 240.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Potomac, MD
$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Richmond, VA
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Blacklick, OH
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 27,390 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 548.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/17?hl=pinball-nja and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.