PXL_20240415_201849415 (resized).jpg
IMG_2601 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2538 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1444 (resized).jpg
IMG_7006.jpg
gdz opto receiver (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,390 posts in this topic. You are on page 179 of 548.
#8901 2 years ago

Hey, what is a Godzilla Power Up?

#8902 2 years ago

Does the Oxygen Destroyer do anything yet? I haven't seen it light up with the latest code.

Quoted from spandol:

I put a small piece of the standup target backing foam and it solved the issue. You can get it at pinball life under ‘target backing foam’. You could probably stick anything that is similar too.

The target backing foam is 3/8" weatherstripping. I have a roll that I use when rebuilding stand-up targets:

6c300ade32189a1171bc81e74a1612ffecb776db (resized).jpeg6c300ade32189a1171bc81e74a1612ffecb776db (resized).jpeg

#8903 2 years ago
Quoted from tedwasright:

Hey, what is a Godzilla Power Up?

Explained in the readme file, but it’s a power up you earn from just doing versions things in the game in modes and MBs (almost any progress made in the game works towards power ups). The sign at the scoop lights green. Shoot the scoop and select one of two power ups to have for the rest of the game.

#8904 2 years ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

Does the Oxygen Destroyer

The target backing foam is 3/8" weatherstripping. I have a roll that I use when rebuilding stand-up targets:
[quoted image]

Off topic. Just curious how you handle the rivets when you rebuild stand ups. I've been pushing this off until I figure out a viable solution that isn't an industrial press.

Thanks

#8905 2 years ago

Anyone have their scoop not registering after the update??

Twice in my last game the scoop just kicked out the ball and didn’t award the power-up or battle.

#8906 2 years ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

Off topic. Just curious how you handle the rivets when you rebuild stand ups. I've been pushing this off until I figure out a viable solution that isn't an industrial press.
Thanks

would this work for you?
www.arbortime.com

#8907 2 years ago

Loving the Godzilla Powerups added to the new code. Adds yet another layer of depth & decision-making to an already outstanding title

And I'm not sure who added this, but I REALLY love the close-up awakening clip of GZ opening his eye during the Powerup video.

#8908 2 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

would this work for you?
www.arbortime.com

That's EXACTLY what I use. I only replace the heads if absolutely necessary and have found that a good cleaning makes most of them look like new unless they are excessively worn.

#8909 2 years ago

Anyone else getting ball hang ups here?

26CA00CD-307B-4042-9D84-C7D3FE8E2A59 (resized).jpeg26CA00CD-307B-4042-9D84-C7D3FE8E2A59 (resized).jpeg
#8910 2 years ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

Thanks

Find the 3rd hand c clamp riveter. Cheapest reliable solution. Now redesigned- http://www.arbortime.com/

The real tool is 300 and still doesn’t fit all scenarios. The c clamp one will deal with most situations

#8911 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Explained in the readme file, but it’s a power up you earn from just doing versions things in the game in modes and MBs (almost any progress made in the game works towards power ups). The sign at the scoop lights green. Shoot the scoop and select one of two power ups to have for the rest of the game.

Thanks. I'm waiting for mine. So I hadn't read anything. Appreciate it.

#8912 2 years ago

I was wondering if some who has adjusted the left guide next to the magnagrab could tell me how to do it. As you can see mine is pretty far out. I’m newish to the art of tweaking pins. . Love the game though.

Thanks for any help.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#8913 2 years ago
Quoted from Daveyj73:

I was wondering if some who has adjusted the left guide next to the magnagrab could tell me how to do it. As you can see mine is pretty far out. I’m newish to the art of tweaking pins. . Love the game though.
Thanks for any help.
[quoted image]

if you check the topic index on this thread, one of the last ones is about that very subject: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/170#post-6820254

#8914 2 years ago

Muymanwell

Thank you. 2 minute fix

#8915 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I like how the choice is never easy. I had to choose between “15 million” and “collect bonus”. In the heat of the moment I was a dumb arse and happily chose the 1.6m bonus….. doh!

#8916 2 years ago

So to follow up on my previous post where I order the shooter rod from nitro. It arrived today and I will report it is smooth. I did find one blemish. But you'll never really see it especially if you rotate the egg.

PXL_20220324_220500059.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20220324_220500059.MP (resized).jpg
#8917 2 years ago

Also did anyone notice the shooter rod plate had the two holes in it from the factory?

#8918 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Hahaha ha, not even close buddy. I've not experienced anything remotely close to pinwoofer, will continue to put them on every game I buy.

Do you use an external sub still with your pinwoofer system? I’m trying some different things now, haven’t gone full pinwoofer yet but I did just order their card to try it out in comparison to pinnovators cards I currently have. Trying to see if I like the connection to my home stereo or if the distance from the speakers, multiple machines on the same speakers, etc will bother me enough to get the full setup.

#8919 2 years ago
Quoted from Heavyk:

So to follow up on my previous post where I order the shooter rod from nitro. It arrived today and I will report it is smooth. I did find one blemish. But you'll never really see it especially if you rotate the egg.
[quoted image]

That's not a blemish, it's starting to hatch!!! Run for it!!!!!

#8920 2 years ago

Any word on the topper

#8921 2 years ago
Quoted from Heavyk:

[quoted image]

I received mine the other day. It's smooth however seems too short can't make the skill shot even. Same spring but when comparing it to original length is slightly off it seems. Probably will put the old one back in at this point.

#8922 2 years ago

if anyone is interested in seeing the new code, I will be starting my stream with Godzilla tonight. come hang out! Starting in 10 mins!

www.twtich.tv/pinballnetwork

https://www.youtube.com/c/ThePinballNetwork

https://www.facebook.com/thepinballnetwork

#8923 2 years ago
Quoted from Strummy:

Does anyone know when Stern might release the godzilla topper? I have yet to buy a Stern topper but this might be the one I buy.

Does anyone have topper info?

#8924 2 years ago
Quoted from mstang01:

Do you use an external sub still with your pinwoofer system? I’m trying some different things now, haven’t gone full pinwoofer yet but I did just order their card to try it out in comparison to pinnovators cards I currently have. Trying to see if I like the connection to my home stereo or if the distance from the speakers, multiple machines on the same speakers, etc will bother me enough to get the full setup.

Yrs, I have a klipsch sub with the pinwoofer. Not sure what you mean by pinwoofer card, his kit is amp, speakers, harness, etc. Easy hookup, sounds great

#8925 2 years ago

My shooter rod showed up. Had all sorts of crud on it. Tried to pick it off. No luck. Tried to wipe it off with a rag and the paint came with! If you plan on using this shooter rod, I recommend you remove it from the housing, tape it off, and clear coat it. The paint will wear off with time if you don’t.

129821B7-3540-4DAD-B3CB-C71152D787D0 (resized).jpeg129821B7-3540-4DAD-B3CB-C71152D787D0 (resized).jpegBA14E27C-0772-4036-841B-AB4AC5CE8B7C (resized).jpegBA14E27C-0772-4036-841B-AB4AC5CE8B7C (resized).jpeg
#8926 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

My shooter rod showed up. Had all sorts of crud on it. Tried to pick it off. No luck. Tried to wipe it off with a rag and the paint came with! If you plan on using this shooter rod, I recommend you remove it from the housing, tape it off, and clear coat it. The paint will wear off with time if you don’t.
[quoted image][quoted image]

It seems to me that we’re better off buying accessories from reputable third party modders then from stern. Shooter rods I have bought from the ModFather have been perfect. My stranger things Rod bought from stern is a bit rough. I think the independent modder seems to care a lot more and their quality control is way better.

#8927 2 years ago

Lucky for me I find the shooter rod ugly and have no desire to get one

#8928 2 years ago

Just updated the code on my Godzilla and now the QR code isn’t reading….anyone run into this?

#8929 2 years ago

What a game.. I think this is the best Stern in ages. Looks like there is still plenty to come in the code too.

#8930 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Yrs, I have a klipsch sub with the pinwoofer. Not sure what you mean by pinwoofer card, his kit is amp, speakers, harness, etc. Easy hookup, sounds great

Pinwoofer also sells a “do it yourself” card that plugs into the cpu card and splits out the line audio, aux, and subwoofer into three separate 3.5mm jacks… I was assuming they use the same card or a similar one in their kit to connect the cpu to their amp but I guess it’s just a cable harness in the kit.

#8931 2 years ago
Quoted from mstang01:

Pinwoofer also sells a “do it yourself” card that plugs into the cpu card and splits out the line audio, aux, and subwoofer into three separate 3.5mm jacks… I was assuming they use the same card or a similar one in their kit to connect the cpu to their amp but I guess it’s just a cable harness in the kit.

Sounds awesome!

#8932 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Just updated the code on my Godzilla and now the QR code isn’t reading….anyone run into this?

Well, we finally have a solution for the 15 people driven insane by the QR reader!

#8933 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Well, we finally have a solution for the 15 people driven insane by the QR reader!

Lol. I assume the camera inside is out :/ it’s been great for route for whatever it tells you

#8934 2 years ago

Need some help guys.

Got a Premium today, a few issues.

Lots of missing lock nuts on the speaker panel. I found one loose in the head but it does NOT fit on anything that I see that needs a lock nut. Also, the ground wire for the power supply isn't screwed to anything. I ASSUME it's supposed to attach at the right side speaker on one of the bottom nuts that's missing, can someone please verify for me? The gallery on here is too big to just easily browse. The LCD screen is also flapping around at the bottom, and I can't tell from the manual how the hell it's supposed to be secured! Really need help with these ones as I don't want to play the game like that, as it might damage the screen. Pictures would be *awesome*.

I also found a L Shaped bracket, a matching blue bumper, and two tiny screws in the cabinet. The bumper pad and bracket holes match...the tiny screws...do not. Number 1....I don't see anywhere on the playfield that it looks like this bumper would go. There is an identical bracket and pad on the right ramp, but it's attached with the correct screws. Nowhere else *appears* to be missing anything? Looking at the manual, it seems there's bumper pads in the building? Is it possible it fell out of there? =\

*edit* Tiny screws were for the monitor...they'd fallen out of the frame on the right side. Nylock nuts are 6-32 looks like...had 3 of 4 missing. Someone lemme know if the grounding wire is supposed to go somewhere other than that front panel...

*edit 2* The ground wire will not fit as pictured here? There's literally zero space between the metal plate and the monitor? https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/170#post-6821168

#8935 2 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

It seems to me that we’re better off buying accessories from reputable third party modders then from stern. Shooter rods I have bought from the ModFather have been perfect. My stranger things Rod bought from stern is a bit rough. I think the independent modder seems to care a lot more and their quality control is way better.

Same! I'm throwing the Modfather rod back in. This Mothra egg is garbage. Mine is smooth but feels short and mostly unable to even make it to the skill shot and like a limp noodle upon install.

#8936 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Boo that sucks! I'd send that bad boy back.

#8937 2 years ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

Boo that sucks! I'd send that bad boy back.

That’s the plan now. My distro is awesome so I know he will refund me and take care of it.

#8938 2 years ago

#8939 2 years ago
20220324_205446 (resized).jpg20220324_205446 (resized).jpg
#8940 2 years ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

I received mine the other day. It's smooth however seems too short can't make the skill shot even. Same spring but when comparing it to original length is slightly off it seems. Probably will put the old one back in at this point.

Mine was too short as well. Then I compared it to the original shooter rod and noticed the new one had one extra washer on the egg side which was causing the other end to be a fraction short. After removing one of the washers it works perfectly. Hopefully this helps you out.

Added over 2 years ago:

On the new mothra one, it had two washers on the egg side. One before the spring by the egg and one after the spring. On the old shooter rod there was only one washer after the spring and not the one before the spring. So I removed one of the washers and it worked. Before the strike was weak because that tiny difference was causing it not to get enough length to strike the ball.

#8941 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Need some help guys.
Got a Premium today, a few issues.
Lots of missing lock nuts on the speaker panel. I found one loose in the head but it does NOT fit on anything that I see that needs a lock nut. Also, the ground wire for the power supply isn't screwed to anything. I ASSUME it's supposed to attach at the right side speaker on one of the bottom nuts that's missing, can someone please verify for me? The gallery on here is too big to just easily browse. The LCD screen is also flapping around at the bottom, and I can't tell from the manual how the hell it's supposed to be secured! Really need help with these ones as I don't want to play the game like that, as it might damage the screen. Pictures would be *awesome*.
I also found a L Shaped bracket, a matching blue bumper, and two tiny screws in the cabinet. The bumper pad and bracket holes match...the tiny screws...do not. Number 1....I don't see anywhere on the playfield that it looks like this bumper would go. There is an identical bracket and pad on the right ramp, but it's attached with the correct screws. Nowhere else *appears* to be missing anything? Looking at the manual, it seems there's bumper pads in the building? Is it possible it fell out of there? =\
*edit* Tiny screws were for the monitor...they'd fallen out of the frame on the right side. Nylock nuts are 6-32 looks like...had 3 of 4 missing. Someone lemme know if the grounding wire is supposed to go somewhere other than that front panel...
*edit 2* The ground wire will not fit as pictured here? There's literally zero space between the metal plate and the monitor? https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/170#post-6821168

Wouldn't go between the screen and the monitor. Goes on the other side of the frame between the head of the screw and frame

#8942 2 years ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Wouldn't go between the screen and the monitor. Goes on the other side of the frame between the head of the screw and frame

I managed to get it to fit on the inside, but the damn screws are all wonky. One of them won't go back in at all. Also I have two rounded head screws with lock washers, and two cone type? *scratch head*

#8943 2 years ago

still haven't worked out a solution for this one...

20220325_090300 (resized).jpg20220325_090300 (resized).jpg
#8944 2 years ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

still haven't worked out a solution for this one...
[quoted image]

Stick a cabinet bumper on his shoulder if it will stay.

#8945 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Stick a cabinet bumper on his shoulder if it will stay.

yea, was thinking either that or a small piece of piano wire coming down from the screw above

#8946 2 years ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

yea, was thinking either that or a small piece of piano wire coming down from the screw above

How often does that happen to you? Curious if it's possible to readjust MG placement just a smidge by loosening the screws and wiggling it. My ricochet off that bash has been about 100% jumping straight left. Either over the wire form or landing on it, making it's way back down

#8947 2 years ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

How often does that happen to you? Curious if it's possible to readjust MG placement just a smidge by loosening the screws and wiggling it. My ricochet off that bash has been about 100% jumping straight left. Either over the wire form or landing on it, making it's way back down

not super common, maybe once every 50-ish plays or so. most of the time, if it's over-launching like that, it's onto the wireform as well. it's just frustrating when it does get stuck there as it's a complete stop in gameplay, doubly so if i have building lock on, as there's not a clean way to reintroduce that ball into play without losing it.

#8948 2 years ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

not super common, maybe once every 50-ish plays or so. most of the time, if it's over-launching like that, it's onto the wireform as well. it's just frustrating when it does get stuck there as it's a complete stop in gameplay, doubly so if i have building lock on, as there's not a clean way to reintroduce that ball into play without losing it.

On my JP, I drop the ball in the shooter lane, leave the coin door open, and reinstall the glass. You have to be careful you don’t scratch the glass on the coin door. Then be ready for the ball to auto launch when you close the coin door.

#8949 2 years ago
Quoted from 1963BSARGS:

Anyone else getting ball hang ups here?
[quoted image]

I was, mech is even with playfield and still trapping there. So I bent a thin piece of sheet metal and used double sided tape. 300+ plays, not one hangup. And you never see it while playing, it's always away from view.

20220325_074710 (resized).jpg20220325_074710 (resized).jpg

#8950 2 years ago

Question for the people who have recently received their Godzilla Premium. How long ago did you order yours? Just trying to work out how far they are backed up in building them these days.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

5,980 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 240.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monument, CO
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 27,390 posts in this topic. You are on page 179 of 548.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/179?hl=heavyk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.