Screenshot_20240408-172819 (resized).png
IMG_0307 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5052 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
4A684A67-61F1-4FF0-8236-BF6E38F58AE9 (resized).jpeg
pinside.66273470719090863a8972d23c0880d26136302f (resized).jpg
E8926C7A-0B80-451C-BFC6-B6F8BA766F07 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,299 posts in this topic. You are on page 177 of 546.
#8801 2 years ago

From pinball life…

Spring tension from lowest to highest:

Blue (266-5001-05)
Green (266-5001-04)
Standard (10-148-1)
Orange (266-5001-07)
Purple (266-5001)
Gray/Silver (266-5001-14)
Red (10-148-2)

#8802 2 years ago

i will say, there really shouldn't be a difference between the standard and mothra shooters...check your alignment on where the tip matches with the ball, that your tip cover is sat on correctly, etc.

#8803 2 years ago

Stupid question...is Stern still not including the good rails on Premiums and still putting pegs on there?

#8804 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

I apologize,I misspoke In Godzilla I have only added pinwoofers Do it yourself amp and an external polk sub.It sounds great and I didnt feel the need to upgrade the other speakers.

Is the Polk sub not powered on its own like the one most people get and the reason for the amp?

#8805 2 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

Is the Polk sub not powered on its own like the one most people get and the reason for the amp?

yes its a powered sub,Pinwoofer could better explain the amp

#8806 2 years ago
Quoted from Pugster:

Awesome info in this thread:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/improving-sound-quality-the-diy-route
I’m going with Kicker 5.25’s and an 8” sub.

+1 to this thread.

You can build a better sound system than pinwoofer provides for around $100. Versus the $450 set that pinwoofer sells.

An External powered sub is still the best bang for your buck IMO.

#8807 2 years ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

There was a thread on here somewhere about spring colors... If memory serves, from weakest to strongest was blue, green, red, purple; can someone confirm?

Copied from the PinballLife website. Just look up shooter spring on their site and they’re there.

Spring tension from lowest to highest:
Blue (266-5001-05)
Green (266-5001-04)
Standard (10-148-1)
Orange (266-5001-07)
Purple (266-5001)
Gray/Silver (266-5001-14)
Red (10-148-2)

#8808 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Stupid question...is Stern still not including the good rails on Premiums and still putting pegs on there?

I thought Stern stopped using those horrid pegs a while ago.

My JP Pro and my buddy's GZ Premium definitely both have the traditional style sliding rails.

RussM

#8809 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Guardians was the last pro to use pegs

Thank you keith elwin

#8810 2 years ago
Quoted from JSC:

Anyone get the egg shooter rod and find it to be too weak? Mine struggles to make it to the skill shot. I tried swapping the spring to the one from the standard shooting rod and didn’t do anything. Both are green color…I know you can buy different colored springs from pinballife, but not sure which one would be stronger.

I had the same issue with my Mando when I swapped out shooter rods. I went with the red spring and it fixed the issue.

#8811 2 years ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

i will say, there really shouldn't be a difference between the standard and mothra shooters...check your alignment on where the tip matches with the ball, that your tip cover is sat on correctly, etc.

I actually have the same problem. Both are green so I didn't bother with it. I can't see how you could install it wrong. It's only 3 screws. As far as the rod is concerned not very nice for the money but the only one that was is JP.

#8812 2 years ago
Quoted from sushko:

I actually have the same problem. Both are green so I didn't bother with it. I can't see how you could install it wrong. It's only 3 screws. As far as the rod is concerned not very nice for the money but the only one that was is JP.

I didn’t install it wrong…it feels considerably weaker uninstalled just pulling it back. Not sure why.

#8813 2 years ago

I’m ready.

6584CCA7-15D5-4C86-AE9D-02BBA2B648F8 (resized).jpeg6584CCA7-15D5-4C86-AE9D-02BBA2B648F8 (resized).jpeg

#8814 2 years ago
Quoted from JSC:

Anyone get the egg shooter rod and find it to be too weak? Mine struggles to make it to the skill shot. I tried swapping the spring to the one from the standard shooting rod and didn’t do anything. Both are green color…I know you can buy different colored springs from pinballife, but not sure which one would be stronger.

Look at changing the barrel spring on the OUTSIDE of the cabinet. If you get a shorter one, the tip will make better contact with the ball. It's often the problem.

#8815 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:If your mechzilla goes Alien mode.. don't wait. Get to the screw before the mech comes apart.
[quoted image]
Here's the setup.. the pan head screw holding the magnet can work free.
[quoted image]
It's kind of a PITA because that spring washer doesn't fit through the plastic shell easily, so if it escapes the magnet pole.. it's a PITA to get on the magnet, through the hole, and aligned with the coil at once. I had pulled it out, bent it a bit narrower.. and by not aligning it with the coil, I was able to get it halfway through the hole, and force it through with the magnet pole... then get it in the coil.
But note when trying to put the screw back in, you have to lift the coil (it's otherwise not supported) up some to get a nice squared fit for the screw. You can't hold the magnet to keep it from spinning either, but the spring washer is there I think to help get that tension for you. Recommend putting some locktite on the screw when you re-install it.
Probably easier if you took the mech off completely, but I didn't see an easy way to get to the screws holding mechzilla on.

This just happened to mine but the damn magnet core fell outta the belly! So this means the screw and washer are who knows where! Gotta get in there and find em tonight.

#8816 2 years ago
Quoted from MUGEN_4_LIFE:

The coilstops that stern use are coil

This just happened to mine but the damn magnet core fell outta the belly! So this means the screw and washer are who knows where! Gotta get in there and find em tonight.

Common parts, so not a huge deal. But good news is you know they in there… so just shakem out if you need to

#8817 2 years ago
Quoted from JSC:

Yes I have noticed the same thing upon installation. However after about 20 games I am hitting the super secret skill shot more consistently than ever. It is definitely not as strong as the previous shooter rod for whatever reason but I'm not complaining too much yet with all the skill shots I'm hitting now.

#8818 2 years ago

It’s because you changed the spring or installed it incorrectly and the shooter tip is sitting in the incorrect position when it strikes the ball.

#8819 2 years ago

Weak new shooter rod could also be the weight of the new handle being lighter than stock. Might need to use a stronger spring

#8820 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It’s because you changed the spring or installed it incorrectly and the shooter tip is sitting in the incorrect position when it strikes the ball.

This. Experienced similar with my TMNT. Carefully ensured ball is being struck dead center by the plunger and suddenly it got its mojo back.

#8821 2 years ago

I’ve been waiting to play GZ till I get mine. I’m probably going to give in to playing it this weekend at TPF…… I can’t hold out any longer

#8822 2 years ago

Karl's streaming Godzilla now. Last time was over 30 billion...

https://www.twitch.tv/iepinball

EDIT: He got one of the "impossible" secret combos early on:
https://clips.twitch.tv/SilkyBovineBatTinyFace-vgfnB8FXu9TJBjXt

#8823 2 years ago

to close a conversation from the last time karl streamed, he does have his scoop kickout set to factory

#8824 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

it’s absolutely not this. The rod uninstalled feels significantly less tense then the stock uninstalled. Maybe I just got a bad one.

#8825 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Look at changing the barrel spring on the OUTSIDE of the cabinet. If you get a shorter one, the tip will make better contact with the ball. It's often the problem.

I wasn't able to find a shorter one so I ended up asking a friend with a greater tool set than me to trim the spring on both sides... That worked for me, if anybody has a source for shorter barrel springs, it'd be great to have a spare or two...

#8826 2 years ago
Quoted from JSC:

it’s absolutely not this. The rod uninstalled feels significantly less tense then the stock uninstalled. Maybe I just got a bad one.

Then it has the wrong spring on it. Put the spring from the stock rod on it.

If the springs are different colors, that means they are different strengths.

#8827 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Then it has the wrong spring on it. Put the spring from the stock rod on it.

Yea ive had to do this on a few of the optional upgraded rods. Just swap them

#8828 2 years ago

I installed the new rod over the weekend and mine is so much smoother then the original. No idea why, doesn't make any sense to me; but really happy with it.

#8829 2 years ago

Just joined with a 3 month old Premium, happy to be in the club.

My first question is the upper flipper. It doesn't seem to have the same power as my upper flipper in JP, and wondering if that is a normal feel for this particular flipper. Coil stop is fine, as I know that would be the first thing to check.

20220320_191429 (resized).jpg20220320_191429 (resized).jpg
#8830 2 years ago
Quoted from jedi42:

My first question is the upper flipper. It doesn't seem to have the same power as my upper flipper in JP, and wondering if that is a normal feel for this particular flipper. Coil stop is fine, as I know that would be the first thing to check.
[quoted image]

Look at the flipper button setup in the cabinet check your gap spacing. Just one variable to eliminate.

#8831 2 years ago
Quoted from jedi42:

[quoted image]

That's the normal feel compared to JP.

#8832 2 years ago
Quoted from jedi42:

[quoted image]

Congrats! Still waiting on mine to arrive.

You can also change flipper strength in settings.

#8833 2 years ago
Quoted from jedi42:

[quoted image]

Check the coil power settings to see if the previous owner lowered the power down from default.

#8834 2 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Congrats! Still waiting on mine to arrive.
You can also change flipper strength in settings.

You are lucky, i pre ordered a GZ premium the day one when it was annonced, normally the delivery would be in november, then in february, then in Mars, now, maybe in November...
A bit frustrating....
Already played in a Pro to see how the game goes, it goes amazing, can't wait to get mine, if i get it... :/

#8835 2 years ago

New code! New code just dropped!!

And I am out of town. Great.

#8836 2 years ago

Godzilla power ups!!!! OMG!!!!

#8837 2 years ago

V0.93.0 - March, 22th, 2022
===========================
- Godzilla Powerup - Powerup Meter added to UI to track the collected powerups, yellow arrows indicate the threshold to light it at the scoop
- Godzilla Powerup - Level 1 choices picked at random (same for all players) unless it's a competition game in which case uses the first one
- Level Summary:
- Level 1 (2) - LEFT - - RIGHT -
GODZILLA MB BASE JACKPOT +250K MECHAGODZILLA MB BASE JACKPOT +500K
LIGHT HEAT RAY SKILL SHOT +1X MULTIPLIER
15M POINTS LOOP VALUE +250K
DESTROY SAUCER SAUCER VALUE +500K
JET FIGHTER ATTACK VALUES +250K COLLECT BONUS
- Level 2 (3) - LEFT - - RIGHT -
TIER 1 BATTLE TIMERS +10 SECONDS TIER 1 BATTLE TIME BONUS +5X
- Level 3 (4) - LEFT - - RIGHT -
DESTRUCTION JACKPOT +3 SECONDS TIER 2 BATTLE TIMERS +10 SECONDS
- Level 4 (6) - LEFT - - RIGHT -
SAUCER ATTACK +3 SECONDS RAGE COMBO +3 SECONDS
- Level 5 (6) - LEFT - - RIGHT -
50M POINTS / PLACEHOLDER 50M POINTS / PLACEHOLDER
- Level 6 (6) - LEFT - - RIGHT -
RODAN TIMER +15 SECONDS MAGNA GRAB 2X
- Level 7 (6) - LEFT - - RIGHT -
SUPER SPINNER 2X LOOP VALUE 2X
- Level 8 (6) - LEFT - - RIGHT -
DESTRUCTION JACKPOT +2X LIGHT ALL ALLIES
- Level 9 (6) - LEFT - - RIGHT -
COLLECT BONUS COLLECT IMPOSTER
- No more powerups will light after Level 9 for now
- Godzilla Powerup - changed the list of increments to the powerup meter:
- 3 Trains +2;
- Tesla Strike Successful Finish +2
- Bridge Attack MB Start +1
- Megalon and Gigan Super +1
- Tier 1 Monster Defeat initial +2 / replay +1
- Loops +1 or +3
- City Combo +1
- Monster Rampage Start +2
- Enter New City +1
- Saucer Attack MB Start +2
- Tank Attack MB Start +1
- Destruction Jackpot +1
- Tail Whip Award +2
- Powerline Attack Start +1
- Godzilla MB Super +1
- Mechagodzilla MB Start +1
- 5 Secret Combos +2
- Super Spinner Rip +1
- Super Secret Skill Shot +2
- Maser Mystery +1
- First City Under Control +2 (in addition to the ones you get for Tier1 Monster defeat)
- Jet Fighter Attack Start +1
- Jet Fighter Attack Finish +1
- Jet Fighter 27 kills (and every 12 after) +3
- Tank Annihilation - scoring is now defaulted to %1 of Tank Attack Multiball score instead of 2%
- randomized shots during non-competition play (never the same shot back to back)
- Under Flipper 30% of the time
- Left Ramp 20% of the time
- Captive Ball 15% of the time
- Center Spinner 20% of the time
- Right Ramp 15% of the time
- any competition mode active, behavior is left to right (above order)
- Powerline Annihilation - removed randomness during competition games (moves left to right)
- Tank Attack Multiball - Tank shot movement timer starts a 8 seconds and moves down by 2 seconds each Super Jackpot (minimum of 2 seconds)
- Tank Attack Multiball - Tank Jackpots only contribute 50% value to Maser Super Jackpot
- Tank Attack Multiball - fixing an issue where sometimes the Super Jackpot Maser light show would not be running, causing nothing to be lit
- Planet X - Final Shot is now a 20 second hurry up for both first time and Victory Challenge
- Earth Bonus now only gives half of each city's bonus and then the other half will be awarded for the final shot hurry up (if it's not above 55M it will be bumped up to that)
- first time Final Shot is 50M floor and will time out but allows the scoop in single ball play or until the player drains
- Victory Challenge now has a 120 second timer, light the 2nd final shot hurry up before this expires or the mode will end (with killed flippers)
- Victory Challenge Final shot is 50M floor but starts at 2X the first hurry up
- Victory Challenge now has a start display and instructions
- Bonus Collect - display added to show value of bonus collected from Godzilla Powerup
- Destruction Jackpot - grace period shortened 1 second since powerup now extends it by 3 seconds
- Rage Combo - Light Ally award starts at 3-way, the next combo it is awarded at 4-way, the next combo 5-way and then it is no longer awarded
- Bridge Attack Multiball - 1M boost each multiball start
- Select City - new Xilien video added when transitioning to a new city
- Allies - added the ability to stack up to 3 lit allies at the same time
- Allies - Rodan insert now does a timedown flash when it's running
- Allies - Mothra flasher now pulses when Ally is lit and flashes when Allies are awarded
- Anguirus - don't allow Anguirus Add-A-Ball during Godzilla Multiball intro
- Rodan - pausing Rodan Playfield X timer when Saucer Atack Multiball starts
- Magna Grab - fixed an issue with Lock is Lit grabs where it was not using a high powered settings and was causing an unsuccessful grab occasionally
- Monster Rampage - added +1 Destruction Jackpot as second award instead of Extra Ball
- Heat Ray - fixing issues in Godzilla Multiball, Mechagodzilla Multiball, Tank Attack Multiball where Jackpots and Super Jackpots could be collected on the same Heat Ray
- Super Train - fixed an issue where intro display effects were never being displayed properly
- Super Train - added Light Ally award when Train Jackpot is awarded
- End of Ball Bonus - powerups 300K to 100K / fighter 150K to 200K
- Callouts - adding many more callouts to the game
- Sound Effects - adding many more sound effect to the game
- Light Shows - adding many more light shows to the game
- DJ Mixer - added Planet X Multiball tune

- Adjustment Changes:
- added "PLANET X HURRY UP TIMER" default:20 min:18 max:30
- added "PLANET X VICTORY CHALLENGE TIMER" default:120 min:60 max:140
- changed "TANK ANNIHILATION SCORING PCT" default from 2 to 1

- System - Updated to V3.11.0 on OS: V2.6.0

- Updated to nodeboard firmware/protocol v0.85.0

- Fix game reboot issue at power on with coindoor interlock switch in the open position.

#8838 2 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Godzilla power ups!!!! OMG!!!!

Loving this update, on paper, can't wait to play it.

#8839 2 years ago

Keith is “the sacred beast of the apocalypse”!!

Loading now. This is a big one.

#8840 2 years ago

Oh yeaaaaa baby. This makes the almost impossible wait for my "March" Pro EVEN MORE IMPOSSIBLE.

#8841 2 years ago

If only Ultraman's UI got this level of care..

Edit: as I was trying to call out the UI update specifically but got distracted by my chidren

#8842 2 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

If only Ultraman got this level of care..

You compare any pinball game up to GZ and most are going to lose, especially a game from a boutique company. Ultraman doesn't have to match GZ to be a good game and code is improving.

#8843 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:You compare any pinball game up to GZ and most are going to lose, especially a game from a boutique company. Ultraman doesn't have to match GZ to be a good game and code is improving.

To be fair, Ultraman loses when compared to ANY game. Not just Godzilla.

#8844 2 years ago
Quoted from GroggyFrogFace:

New code! New code just dropped!!
And I am out of town. Great.

Feel your pain. I just finishing installing and I’ve been called to a last minute job. Bugger!!

#8845 2 years ago

Playing now and I am so impressed The UI improvements are another win for this game. Still working through scoring, but so far so good.

#8847 2 years ago

Wow another great update.... Power ups added and lots other stuff. .. still so much more coming but there is a reason this game has stayed no1 since released...... its so so good.

#8848 2 years ago

Really dig the UI updates. I wonder what 1.0 is going to look like. This game is quickly becoming my favorite all time Pin.

#8849 2 years ago

Please Stern - get Godzilla's back on the line so us 'patiently' waiting for ours since September can start enjoying this masterpiece!

#8850 2 years ago

How does it keep getting better - lovely! Even the small stuff like the sound when you hit the left ramp is really cool.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 45.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 125.88
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ChainsawMods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 80.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Blacklick, OH
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Performance Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 27,299 posts in this topic. You are on page 177 of 546.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/177 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.