Screenshot_20240408_215256_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1439 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408-172718 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240408-172819 (resized).png
IMG_0307 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5052 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,316 posts in this topic. You are on page 176 of 547.
#8751 2 years ago
Quoted from tbaum:

Anyone see the Wiz Mod side art blades in person? Anyone used their art blades before?
https://wizardmod.com/collections/wizblades-pinball-blades/products/godzilla-stern-pinball-wizblades
Trying to decide if they are better than the official Stern ones.

I bought them. I really like how they look.

#8752 2 years ago
Quoted from WizzardRob:

I ordered clear titan rubber post sleeves to replace the black ones on my game.
Did you notice that the original black sleeves are actually hard plastic rather then rubber?
Therefore i did not do the exchange because i guess the low bounce of that hard plastic may be intended and also i think there will notbe much black dust coming off of these?
What are these post sleeves? Are they commonly used in Stern games and would you still replace them with soft rubber/silicone sleeves?

Just leave the post sleeves stock. You’ll never need to replace them and they don’t dirty the playfield like the black rubber rings do.

#8753 2 years ago

Finally joined the billion club!! (And this time *withOUT* a faulty ramp opto!)

20220318_213328 (resized).jpg20220318_213328 (resized).jpg

#8754 2 years ago
Quoted from red_rabbit:

PinMonk I was able to do part I (node 8 ) but realized I'm not very comfortable messing with the connectors. I couldn't get the ramp to lit with just the cabinet switches. I plugged back CN8 (CN7 off) and tried and the lower flipper (coil?) triggers the ramp.
When I started noticing the right ramp issue was because sometimes the autoplunger would go off by itself, so I started tracking if a switch went off before I started a ball (that's when I noticed my flipper was causing it). But now I'm also noticing the autoplunger going off before I touch the left flipper. So there's something else (maybe shorts like we suspect) and I'm afraid this can go deeper.
I will seek Stern or a tech help as I'm not that handy with small electronics, not comfortable with part 2... Thanks for all the help and input.

It absolutely sounds like a short OR a flaky node board. I'm sure we could narrow it down, but if you're uncomfortable doing the diagnosis steps then stopping is the absolutely the right answer for you.

#8755 2 years ago

Two questions (second of which might be answered by the first one)...

1) someone posted a link while back of a Stern Godzilla rule sheet PDF that looked rather official. Can anyone repost a link to it?

2) I got an "Imposter fight" achievement of some sort. I've heard it mentioned here before, but I'm not entirely certain what it is? Does it have to do with tail whips?

3) (updated: DELETED - found answer through the awesome powers of google)

#8756 2 years ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

Three questions (second of which might be answered by the first one)...
1) someone posted a link while back of a Stern Godzilla rule sheet PDF that looked rather official. Can anyone repost a link to it?
2) I got an "Imposter fight" achievement of some sort. I've heard it mentioned here before, but I'm not entirely certain what it is? Does it have to do with tail whips?
3) what exactly is DJ Mixer mode in the music settings?

https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/Godzilla-Rulesheet.pdf

#8758 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Just leave the post sleeves stock. You’ll never need to replace them and they don’t dirty the playfield like the black rubber rings do.

There are only three rings in the entire game.. and two of them are the slingshots

The rest are post rings or post sleeves- tgere is verrry little rubber in tge game. Yet it gets filthy

#8759 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

There are only three rings in the entire game.. and two of them are the slingshots

That’s a good thing. These don’t get nearly as dirty as their predecessors.

#8760 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

That’s a good thing. These don’t get nearly as dirty as their predecessors.

Godzilla does. I still can’t explain it. It gets dirtier than all my other sterns lined up next to it.

Even after swapping all the rubber it still gets quite dirty… just at about 1/4 the speed now

#8761 2 years ago

I haven’t had to touch mine yet. Titan clear since day one and I’m over 1k plays. Just the few rings it had. I have a pro though.

GOT prem? Eff that. Every 300 plays it’s a mess from the upper playfield.

#8762 2 years ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

Finally joined the billion club!! (And this time *withOUT* a faulty ramp opto!)
[quoted image]

Congrats! It seems you had faulty ramp opto before (I'm facing this problem right now) How did you resolve it? I have a ticket with Stern but not getting any help from them (pinsiders here are awesome though)
Cheers!

#8763 2 years ago
Quoted from tbaum:

Just put down my deposit for my Premium (first NiB and first Premium - had to sell my IM to make it happen, but at least they are both Elwin!).
Just read through a few pages of the posts, and wanted to check if there's anything I should be getting before it arrives. I'm getting a shaker motor for sure and already have a Voodoo glass for it. I saw I should replace the rubbers. Anything else? The Premium doesn't come with art blades correct? The seem like another good addition (had them on the IM and they were great)
Super pumped to get this game at home - one of my dream IPs and the extras on the Premium took it to the next level for me.

The premium does not come with art blades.

#8764 2 years ago

I bought a Godzilla shooter rod tonight from nitro pinball in preparation for mine in the coming months. I'll check when it gets here for flaws (the shooter rod). Also I'm working on making a light up shooter rod plate like JP for it. I'm hoping a blue glow will really accentuate the Easter egg. If any one is interested just pm me.

#8765 2 years ago

Received my lockdown bar accent and coin door art from inscribed solutions today. Love them. Very happy with my purchase. Looks great in person.

2C4FC9A0-C813-41BC-98CC-0EF48DCA975D (resized).jpeg2C4FC9A0-C813-41BC-98CC-0EF48DCA975D (resized).jpeg45FF9F71-AF88-4EBA-A010-322C5E9EF370 (resized).jpeg45FF9F71-AF88-4EBA-A010-322C5E9EF370 (resized).jpeg724AE8C2-96E3-4063-BEB0-D2BC10D5CF6C (resized).jpeg724AE8C2-96E3-4063-BEB0-D2BC10D5CF6C (resized).jpegF897A23F-D3F1-4EE6-8EAE-AEE02B1B6084 (resized).jpegF897A23F-D3F1-4EE6-8EAE-AEE02B1B6084 (resized).jpeg
#8766 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Godzilla does. I still can’t explain it. It gets dirtier than all my other sterns lined up next to it.
Even after swapping all the rubber it still gets quite dirty… just at about 1/4 the speed now

I'm confused like chuck as well. I switched to Titans for rings, post rings and shooter rod, and Perfect Play for flippers, and it's been about the cleanest machine I've had. Do you change the shooter rod rubber? That has a lot to answer for if not!

#8767 2 years ago
Quoted from red_rabbit:

Congrats! It seems you had faulty ramp opto before (I'm facing this problem right now) How did you resolve it? I have a ticket with Stern but not getting any help from them (pinsiders here are awesome though)
Cheers!

Cheers, I ended up putting a ticket in with my distro. Took about a month or two but Stern did send replacement optos, so it took a while.

The ones that were faulty on mine were the right ramp. To replace them I had to unmount the right ramp from the playfield and slide it forward to get access to that area... I'll try to find the pay where I figured that out...

Once I did, though, everything worked right as rain, so do hang in there!

#8768 2 years ago
Quoted from tbaum:

Anyone see the Wiz Mod side art blades in person? Anyone used their art blades before?
https://wizardmod.com/collections/wizblades-pinball-blades/products/godzilla-stern-pinball-wizblades
Trying to decide if they are better than the official Stern ones.

These were one of the first things I had ordered and installed on my game before even slotting it into my line up and playing it. I have wizmod side art blades in most of my games.

PXL_20211130_011837904.jpgPXL_20211130_011837904.jpgPXL_20211130_012354016.jpgPXL_20211130_012354016.jpgPXL_20211130_012404077.jpgPXL_20211130_012404077.jpg
#8769 2 years ago
Quoted from red_rabbit:

Cheers!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/141#post-6744564

Yep, I ended up disconnecting the right ramp and sliding the whole ramp forward to access the receiver opto. Swapping out the transmitter (IIRC) was less of an issue because that was accessible without removing anything...

#8770 2 years ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

Two questions (second of which might be answered by the first one)...
3) (updated: DELETED - found answer through the awesome powers of google)

going from magna grab to the loop behind the upper flipper activates an "imposter fight" count

#8771 2 years ago
Quoted from mwong168:

These were one of the first things I had ordered and installed on my game before even slotting it into my line up and playing it. I have wizmod side art blades in most of my games.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome - they look great. Thanks all for the perspective!

#8772 2 years ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/141#post-6744564
Yep, I ended up disconnecting the right ramp and sliding the whole ramp forward to access the receiver opto. Swapping out the transmitter (IIRC) was less of an issue because that was accessible without removing anything...

Thanks! I'll keep your post in mind if I have to go down that route,
Congratulations again! Cheers

#8773 2 years ago

Starting to add my custom armor today. Custom inserts from Rocket City Pinball. More pictures to follow as I add the Type 14 flaming speaker light kit.

20220319_123121 (resized).jpg20220319_123121 (resized).jpg20220319_123559 (resized).jpg20220319_123559 (resized).jpg20220319_131518 (resized).jpg20220319_131518 (resized).jpg20220319_131528 (resized).jpg20220319_131528 (resized).jpg20220319_131609 (resized).jpg20220319_131609 (resized).jpg
#8774 2 years ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

Starting to add my custom armor today. Custom inserts from Rocket City Pinball. More pictures to follow as I add the Type 14 flaming speaker light kit.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

giphy (1).gifgiphy (1).gif
#8775 2 years ago

The coindoor decals that comes with a Pro, mounted on my Premium with a Spike I coindoor

16477154330783049274010866931299 (resized).jpg16477154330783049274010866931299 (resized).jpg16477154601929061895450834504505 (resized).jpg16477154601929061895450834504505 (resized).jpg
#8776 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

[quoted image]

That start button is awesome!! Nice modding. The riveted look is for...mechagodzilla?

#8777 2 years ago
Quoted from mostater:

That start button is awesome!! Nice modding. The riveted look is for...mechagodzilla?

Sorry meant that previous post to go to eyeamred2u

#8778 2 years ago
Quoted from mostater:

Sorry meant that previous post to go to eyeamred2u

Yes for Mechagodzilla. Wanted a battle worn look, and the start button is a unique filament to compliment the armor. Intent was to put mechagodzilla eyea on the lockdown bar, but just didn't look right. Still working on an acrylic for the speaker panel to support the flaming speaker light kit so it will be unique to my machine.

20220117_153702 (resized).jpg20220117_153702 (resized).jpg
#8779 2 years ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

Yes for Mechagodzilla. Wanted a battle worn look, and the start button is a unique filament to compliment the armor. Intent was to put mechagodzilla eyea on the lockdown bar, but just didn't look right. Still working on an acrylic for the speaker panel to support the flaming speaker light kit so it will be unique to my machine.

I really like the Tokyo skyline, but think a new York would look great too.

#8780 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I really like the Tokyo skyline, but think a new York would look great too.

No skylines for me. They look cool though.

#8781 2 years ago

I just watched the most recent IE Pinball YouTube video where Karl got 12 billion. Can someone explain to me how the destruction jackpot works on the current code. I know that you get +1x for controlling each city and can also get +1x from other achievements like a certain number of jet fighters. Are these rules documented anywhere?

Also, more specifically, he got a super jackpot in tank multiball and then entered Godzilla multiball and had a roving tank insert for that multiball and for the rest of the game that was between 20 and 30 million in annihilation bonuses. How does this annihilation bonus system work?

#8782 2 years ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

No skylines for me. They look cool though.

Silhouetted battle scene between Godzilla and a Kaiju or 2 would be killer

#8783 2 years ago
Quoted from Pugster:

That's what I am going to try out.

#8784 2 years ago
Quoted from Pugster:

Quoted from awesome1:

I'm thinking along the same lines, I've got a local printer that's working on a Godzilla and Ghidorah silhouette to add to the existing skyline that Doug offers. Still waiting on the light kits.

#8785 2 years ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

I'm thinking along the same lines, I've got a local printer that's working on a Godzilla and Ghidorah silhouette to add to the existing skyline that Doug offers. Still waiting on the light kits.

I am waiting paitently too for Doug's kit. Can't wait to see these designs. May want to get one.

#8786 2 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

I just watched the most recent IE Pinball YouTube video where Karl got 12 billion. Can someone explain to me how the destruction jackpot works on the current code. I know that you get +1x for controlling each city and can also get +1x from other achievements like a certain number of jet fighters. Are these rules documented anywhere?
Also, more specifically, he got a super jackpot in tank multiball and then entered Godzilla multiball and had a roving tank insert for that multiball and for the rest of the game that was between 20 and 30 million in annihilation bonuses. How does this annihilation bonus system work?

When you play Tank, Bridge, or Tesla in a city, for the rest of the game, in that city, you'll have Annihilation jackpots that award a percentage of the points you make in that mode. So after playing Tanks, the Annihilation JP is a roving tank shot on the playfield. For bridge, the annihilation jp is lit at the magnet when you get enough switch hits (similar to how you do bridge damage to get to the mode in the first place). And the Tesla jp is a roving powerline target.

Karl does so well that his annihilation JPs are huge. They also multiply by +1x for how many of the 3 modes - Tanks, Bridge, or Tesla you've played on the current ball. When you drain from that ball the JPs reset back to a minimum base value that is basically like just 1 million points or so. So likely time to move to the next city after an inopportune drain.

Hitting destruction jackpots also ups the percentage of your total points (+1%, the base % varies between the three) from the modes that you get as what makes up the base Annihilation JP. So even getting a low point Destruction JP is always good, Destructions are always worth going for, as they pay dividends on annihilation values later.

Plus, the value from those Annihilation JPs all add to the Carnage Bonus you get when you change cities. That carnage bonus is multiplied by 2 if you did all of Monster Monitor features (so a battle plus Tanks, Bridge, and Tesla). Its multiplied another +1x for each of those (other than Battle) you did on the current ball to a total possible of 5x. You can build monster values there - Karl got a 9 billion carnage bonus on one those games he streamed. Which you get again, for each city as part of the Earth Bonus you get when you reach Planet X.

Obviously, when you change cities you lose the annihilation jps until you do it all again and play that mode again in the next city.

In simple terms, the city modes and getting all the monitor features and switching cities at the right times to maximize the annihilation and carnage bonuses on as many cities as you can to reach Planet X is an awesome advanced goal/scoring strategy. It's an interesting choice to move on through the cities prioritizing battle modes to reach tier 2s and ultimately Planet X vs staying in a city as long as possible to maximize annihilation jps values and # of collects and carnage bonuses, while risking draining and losing multipliers for carnage.

Keith and team have come up with genius scoring incentives to make every feature in this game something worth playing - its a masterpiece of pinball code. And it's not even done...

#8787 2 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Quoted from Apinjunkie:

That's basically what I'm trying. Still waiting on my Godzilla machine though...

#8788 2 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

I’ll start with tank mb. That roving tank shot starts out at 2% of the value of your tank mb. Let’s say you scored 100 million in the mb. Every tank shot is now worth two million for the rest of the ball. Every time you collect the destruction jackpot, you increase this percentage by 1 percent for the rest of the game. So, if you collected 2 DJ’s on that same ball you got 100 million in tank mb, you would get 4 million a tank. There are two others inserts that work like this, bridge and Tesla. Tesla is the same base 2% except it’s only your Tesla strike total. Bridge is the exactly like tank where the value is set by the multiball, except it’s base starts at 4%. So 100 mil bridge mb with two destruction jackpots would be six million every time you hit the captive ball when lit (triggered by number of switches). The value of any (or all) of three will reset when you drain (think default is 20 million)

Here’s where is gets real fun. Let’s say you started tank and bridge on the same ball. You have collected 2 destruction jackpots so your roving tank is worth 4% of the mb value and bridge is worth 6%. You got 100 million in each. When you hit the pulsing tank shot, you get 8 million a tank because you started bridge mb on the same ball. Your bridge collect is worth 12 million because you started tank mb on the same ball. If you manage to complete Tesla strike on the same ball, everything is worth 3X! Each tank becomes 12 million, each bridge 18 million. In addition to destruction jackpots, controlling Tokyo will increase the base percentage as well.

The value of a collect is given to you upfront as well as put in a bank for you to collect as the carnage value when you change cities. Similar to
CIU in MET. Each collect shot on the same ball you collect the carnage value on, adds a multiplier to its total value. Collecting all inserts (including the raid insert for beating the monster) adds another multiplier for a max of 5x.

You can get massive collects the more destruction jackpots you collect in the game. Every collect increases the base percentage of those 3 by 1% the entire game. Collect 8 and now each tank is 10% of your mb score, each spot target 10% of your Tesla strike total, and each bridge collect 12% of your mb. The scores can get ridiculous late in the game. I had one tank collect at 160 million. This is the genius of the rule set. It is so tempting to keep collecting those annihilation bonuses if you had a great tank or bridge mb… especially on the same ball. Let me know if you need any further detail.

#8789 2 years ago
Quoted from Beyndtstng:

I’ll start with tank mb. That roving tank shot starts out at 2% of the value of your tank mb. Let’s say you scored 100 million in the mb. Every tank shot is now worth two million for the rest of the ball. Every time you collect the destruction jackpot, you increase this percentage by 1 percent for the rest of the game. So, if you collected 2 DJ’s on that same ball you got 100 million in tank mb, you would get 4 million a tank. There are two others inserts that work like this, bridge and Tesla. Tesla is the same base 2% except it’s only your Tesla strike total. Bridge is the exactly like tank where the value is set by the multiball, except it’s base starts at 4%. So 100 mil bridge mb with two destruction jackpots would be six million every time you hit the captive ball when lit (triggered by number of switches). The value of any (or all) of three will reset when you drain (think default is 20 million)
Here’s where is gets real fun. Let’s say you started tank and bridge on the same ball. You have collected 2 destruction jackpots so your roving tank is worth 4% of the mb value and bridge is worth 6%. You got 100 million in each. When you hit the pulsing tank shot, you get 8 million a tank because you started bridge mb on the same ball. Your bridge collect is worth 12 million because you started tank mb on the same ball. If you manage to complete Tesla strike on the same ball, everything is worth 3X! Each tank becomes 12 million, each bridge 18 million. In addition to destruction jackpots, controlling Tokyo will increase the base percentage as well.
You can get massive collects the more destruction jackpots you collect in the game. Every collect increases the base percentage of those 3 by 1% the entire game. Collect 8 and now each tank is 10% of your mb score, each spot target 10% of your Tesla strike total, and each bridge collect 12% of your mb. The scores can get ridiculous late in the game. I had one tank collect at 160 million. This is the genius of the rule set. It is so tempting to keep collecting those annihilation bonuses if you had a great tank or bridge mb… especially on the same ball. Let me know if you need any further detail.

......goddamn.

#8790 2 years ago
Quoted from red_rabbit:

Cheers!

I had the problem too
Stern sent a new opto

#8791 2 years ago

Really appreciate you both taking the time to break down those rules for me...VERY HELPFUL! Now it's time for me to play some games and hopefully annihilate some shit

#8792 2 years ago

These stock pro backbox speakers are terrible. Whats the suggested upgrade? And should I replace the sub too with a better one? Leave it? Or go external sub?

#8793 2 years ago

Anyone get the egg shooter rod and find it to be too weak? Mine struggles to make it to the skill shot. I tried swapping the spring to the one from the standard shooting rod and didn’t do anything. Both are green color…I know you can buy different colored springs from pinballife, but not sure which one would be stronger.

#8794 2 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

These stock pro backbox speakers are terrible. Whats the suggested upgrade? And should I replace the sub too with a better one? Leave it? Or go external sub?

pinwoofer and a sub,my game could not sound better.Ask my neighbors or someone in a nearby town

#8795 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

pinwoofer and a sub,my game could not sound better.Ask my neighbors or someone in a nearby town

So you have the pinwoofer kit. Speakers,Amp and sub. Not an external sub?

#8796 2 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

I actually have the kit a bbu and a polk 10 inch sub

#8797 2 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

Awesome info in this thread:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/improving-sound-quality-the-diy-route

I’m going with Kicker 5.25’s and an 8” sub.

#8798 2 years ago
Quoted from JSC:

Anyone get the egg shooter rod and find it to be too weak? Mine struggles to make it to the skill shot. I tried swapping the spring to the one from the standard shooting rod and didn’t do anything. Both are green color…I know you can buy different colored springs from pinballife, but not sure which one would be stronger.

There was a thread on here somewhere about spring colors... If memory serves, from weakest to strongest was blue, green, red, purple; can someone confirm?

#8799 2 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

I apologize,I misspoke In Godzilla I have only added pinwoofers Do it yourself amp and an external polk sub.It sounds great and I didnt feel the need to upgrade the other speakers.

#8800 2 years ago

Red spring is strongest, orange is step below then I believe green

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Gov's Mods

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

9,000 (OBO)
$ 210.00
17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Loveland, CO
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Blacklick, OH
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
BomberMods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

€ 178.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 27,316 posts in this topic. You are on page 176 of 547.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/176?hl=robf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.