PXL_20240415_201849415 (resized).jpg
IMG_2601 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2538 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1444 (resized).jpg
IMG_7006.jpg
gdz opto receiver (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,393 posts in this topic. You are on page 174 of 548.
#8651 2 years ago
Quoted from Had:

Is it typical/intentional for the cap that sits on top of the bridge/Godzilla magnet to be free to spin?
Thanks in advance

Cap? You mean the screw holding the metal barrel the ball actually hits? No, you need to tighten that screw. (The mech will eventually work its way loose and look like this)

IMG_1809 (resized).jpgIMG_1809 (resized).jpg

Should just be the metal barrel, screw, and the playfield plastic that sits over the whole area.

#8652 2 years ago

So the metal barrel should not move at all? Mine spins too.

#8653 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I honestly forget if it bottoms out tight. It's obvious when you work on it. Our pro worked its way free after awhile, and eventually just came off entirely. It's trivial.. it's just the screw on top. See if it's snug.

#8654 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I honestly forget if it bottoms out tight. It's obvious when you work on it. Our pro worked its way free after awhile, and eventually just came off entirely. It's trivial.. it's just the screw on top. See if it's snug.

you can probably use some blue loctite on the screw threads to keep it from vibrating loose. DO NOT use red loctite!

#8655 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Mine spins as well since day 1 new out of the box, I think it's intentional by design.

#8656 2 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

you can probably use some blue loctite on the screw threads to keep it from vibrating loose. DO NOT use red loctite!

of course - which was done after it failed

Same with the mechzilla magnet in the premium.

But the bridge magnet gets so hot.. red loctite may not so perm either

Both have held up since re-securing. But loose screws has been a recurring theme in our Godzillas. Like I said before when I redid the rubber on the game, EVERY SINGLE THREADED POST I touched was loose.

#8657 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Mine spins too. Haven't tried tightening it down.

No idea if it is suppsed to spin or if can even be tightened to stop the spinning. Just noticed it, when I went in to re-shape the ball guide that is on the left side of the barrel.

#8658 2 years ago
Quoted from KingVidiot:

My scoop eject is default.
Here are two 100% repeatable strategies to get the ball on either flipper from the scoop.
1. Do nothing, and let the ball dead bounce off the left flipper and catch it on the right.
2. Do the same as step one, but raise the right flipper. The ball will dead bounce off the left flipper, hit the tip of the right flipper, then bounce back to the left.

Mine is set factory and behaves similar to this - but not quite:

1. If I do nothing the ball normally bounces off the left flipper, hits hard enough on the right flipper/bottom slingshot post to bounce back over to the left, but the ball doesn't hit high enough up the left flipper to really make a catch/controlled shot then.
2. Do nothing but hold up right flipper, bounces to right then back left again usually can then catch on the left flipper or make a fairly controlled shot. Sometimes a little inconsistent.
3. Hold up left flipper, get a very consistent bounce to a easy controlled catch on the right flipper, or at worst rolls a little up the inlane and may have to make a slow rolling shot.
4. Drop catch on left if already cradling on right or just really need to be sure you get a quick left flipper shot, as option 2 sometimes doesn't work out well enough for a fully controlled shot.

Kinda seems to me that nerfng the eject power is a bit "unfair" unless yours is doing something really unintended like missing the flipper or kicking so hard as to get into the slings all the time, etc. Managing and controlling the eject is part of the gameplay. But the adjustments are also there to tailor your game to your tastes, so...

#8659 2 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

I know this has been beat to death but if you're having trouble hitting the left ramp, and it IS difficult, check your coil stops. I replaced mine and now I'm having much more success. The button stops in the old ones were loose though I only have a few hundred plays. I can only surmise this somehow led to a less consistent flip.

If the raised part on the coil stop is loose it absolutely robs power from your flips. Pretty easy to know if yours has gone bad as it usually sprinkles "gold dust" from the brass around it into your cabinet directly below the flippers on either side (or sometimes ON) the coin box.

So if you see gold dust there, it means Pinball Life has struck it rich with another impending order for replacement coil stops from you.

#8660 2 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

I know everyone with premiums and LEs is bummed by the ball being stuck on the mechagodzilla turntable to the right of the ramp.
I used a cabinet bumper to fix.
I have also lodged a support ticket with stern to correct. They need to release a small plastic or upside down post to go underneath the metal side which holds the plastic on top.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Did they ever get back to you on this? This is making me so very sad. Today I two balls locked in the same spot during multi-ball. Also they will hopefully address the back loop because that always requires the glass coming off.

#8661 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Cap? You mean the screw holding the metal barrel the ball actually hits? No, you need to tighten that screw. (The mech will eventually work its way loose and look like this)
[quoted image]
Should just be the metal barrel, screw, and the playfield plastic that sits over the whole area.

Yes that's the piece. Mine came spinning out of the factory and I was wondering if this was intended.

#8662 2 years ago

Has anyone with a $1 deposit down with Cointaker on GZ premium get an invoice asking for full payment yet on run starting soon?

#8663 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Has anyone with a $1 deposit down with Cointaker on GZ premium get an invoice asking for full payment yet on run starting soon?

most places don't ask for full payment until they have the machine in-hand

#8664 2 years ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

most places don't ask for full payment until they have the machine in-hand

I know some do but my last couple of NIB purchases asked for full payment two or three weeks before ship date.

#8665 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

My read on the $1 deposit is that they stopped taking their typical $1000 deposit once their list got so long and they could no longer provide any sort of ETA on delivery. Myself and many others placed $1000 deposits and have an estimated time frame for delivery. I'm supposed to be in the March run after getting bumped from the first run. Deposit placed on teaser day.

#8666 2 years ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

My read on the $1 deposit is that they stopped taking their typical $1000 deposit once their list got so long and they could no longer provide any sort of ETA on delivery. Myself and many others placed $1000 deposits and have an estimated time frame for delivery. I'm supposed to be in the March run after getting bumped from the first run. Deposit placed on teaser day.

That was my reason for asking because the $1 deposit doesn't feel like a real deposit at least in the next couple of years for getting a game anyway.

#8667 2 years ago
Quoted from Mapalot:

I just posted this on the LZ owners thread but have seen recent posts here regarding adding a Subwoofer to your system so I thought I would post it here even though I don’t have a GZ.
I recently added a Polk PSW10 subwoofer to my LZ Pro. I already had the PinWoofer set up with the GT amplifier (highly recommended!) so I reached out to them for advice on the cleanest, most efficient way to incorporate the additional subwoofer into my existing system. Dan PinWoofer quickly responded, recommending the BBU (Bass Boost Unit). Though it cost a little more than alternatives it looked to be the cleanest, most controllable, way to integrate the subwoofer into my system.
Install is simple and the performance is excellent.
Dan has gone above and beyond with the quickest response time in the industry to my noob questions. (Including responding instantly, on a Sunday, to a question that I later realized was already answered in the documentation he had previously provided me with). I can’t say enough positive things about Dan, Pinwoofer, and their products. From the moment I ordered the BBU, through quick shipment, good packaging, installation assistance and guidance, settings advice, and finally, outstanding performance, this is a great way to improve the sound on your Pin! I highly recommend it!
https://pinwoofer.com/pinwoofer-jjp-bass-boost-unit/

I don’t understand. Is this $70 item (basically the cost of the sub itself) used to hook up a subwoofer to the pinwoofer system? Or is it another bass add on that is independent of your sub?

#8668 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

I did it back in December and have never heard from them since. But, who knows, maybe it's more than a money-making scheme. There are none available and the list must be huge.

#8669 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I don’t understand. Is this $70 item (basically the cost of the sub itself) used to hook up a subwoofer to the pinwoofer system? Or is it another bass add on that is independent of your sub?

Hey delt31 ! The below post may explain it better:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/54#post-6825035

We offer the BBU to help with specific customer goals and while I'm not necessarily gung-ho on it, guys seem to really like what it does so PinWoofer will continue to offer it for now.

Have a great day and thanks for your attention!

#8670 2 years ago

Anyone hearing of the 2nd GZ Premium run has started at Stern ???

#8671 2 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Anyone hearing of the 2nd GZ Premium run has started at Stern ???

I emailed Stern directly and they claim it starts next week. So I’m assuming we should be getting them delivered early April.

#8672 2 years ago
Quoted from ianwho:

I emailed Stern directly and they claim it starts next week. So I’m assuming we should be getting them delivered early April.

Damn. It's taking a long time. Guys at Game Exchange were guessing later this month. Oh well.

#8673 2 years ago

I also ordered through JJ at game exchange. He told me he had no clue, so I asked myself.

#8674 2 years ago
Quoted from tedwasright:

I did it back in December and have never heard from them since. But, who knows, maybe it's more than a money-making scheme. There are none available and the list must be huge.

I too have a $1 deposit with Cointaker. I don't expect any news until 2023.

#8675 2 years ago

In regards to the Cointaker $1 deposit. I had talked with Melissa a couple of weeks ago about this particular thing. She explained that this was for the run at the end of the 2022/beginning 2023 and they didn't feel right taking and holding on to peoples $1000 for that long. Which I have to say is pretty nice. In my opinion they are top notch to deal with. Always super helpful and willing to talk to you about whatever is going on.

#8676 2 years ago

This is the exact same conversation I had with her. Agree that Cointaker is great to work with.

Quoted from Heavyk:

In regards to the Cointaker $1 deposit. I had talked with Melissa a couple of weeks ago about this particular thing. She explained that this was for the run at the end of the 2022/beginning 2023 and they didn't feel right taking and holding on to peoples $1000 for that long. Which I have to say is pretty nice. In my opinion they are top notch to deal with. Always super helpful and willing to talk to you about whatever is going on.

#8677 2 years ago
Quoted from Heavyk:

So Cointaker isn't taking all of your coins right now?

#8678 2 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

So Cointaker isn't taking all of your coins right now?

Lol, Well I do have two other pins on order with them. Hopefully only another month or two out on TBL.

#8679 2 years ago

Anyone else disappointed in their upgraded shooter rod? I got mine today and am really disappointed. It is not even smooth to the touch. There is a visible and raised seam that feels strange and the overall texture seems really cheap. It looks ok from far away but not up close. For $195 I expected something way nicer (like the ones for Jurassic park or Elvira).

55B37FB8-956E-496F-B38A-529709CAC33B (resized).jpeg55B37FB8-956E-496F-B38A-529709CAC33B (resized).jpeg722F7B6D-2091-4FE4-BCA7-03A1572E9CFC (resized).jpeg722F7B6D-2091-4FE4-BCA7-03A1572E9CFC (resized).jpegAEE0BCDA-F8D2-46AC-93AD-6A1019FA8EF3 (resized).jpegAEE0BCDA-F8D2-46AC-93AD-6A1019FA8EF3 (resized).jpeg
#8680 2 years ago
Quoted from MaxIsDead:

Shooter rod came today. I like it. Just too bad it’s the cost of a lighted one without the lighted.
[quoted image]

What is the surface finish of yours like? Does it feel smooth to the touch or kind of gritty?

#8681 2 years ago

Yeah shooter is crap compared to jp. I’m worried about paint coming off with oils of your hand. Like a $70 rod to me.

#8682 2 years ago

How would a person clear coat the egg part? I think cleared it would look way better glossy and smooth? Dip it in polymer

#8683 2 years ago
Quoted from beltking:

How would a person clear coat the egg part? I think cleared it would look way better glossy and smooth? Dip it in polymer

Hit it with 2pac!

#8684 2 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

Anyone else disappointed in their upgraded shooter rod? I got mine today and am really disappointed. It is not even smooth to the touch. There is a visible and raised seam that feels strange and the overall texture seems really cheap. It looks ok from far away but not up close. For $195 I expected something way nicer (like the ones for Jurassic park or Elvira).[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Get a refund

#8685 2 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

Hit it with 2pac!

All eyes on me!

#8686 2 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

What is the surface finish of yours like? Does it feel smooth to the touch or kind of gritty?

Rough and gritty. I wonder if it would do well with a spray of clear somehow.

#8687 2 years ago

It’s a freakin Easter egg ! Just in time

#8688 2 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

Anyone else disappointed in their upgraded shooter rod? I got mine today and am really disappointed. It is not even smooth to the touch. There is a visible and raised seam that feels strange and the overall texture seems really cheap. It looks ok from far away but not up close. For $195 I expected something way nicer (like the ones for Jurassic park or Elvira).[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks like you got a lemon. Mine is smooth, no scratches or seams at all. Feels good. Not saying that it’s worth 179 but still it’s my preferred choice.

#8689 2 years ago
Quoted from EvilChicken:

Looks like you got a lemon. Mine is smooth, no scratches or seams at all. Feels good. Not saying that it’s worth 179 but still it’s my preferred choice.

That is great to hear. I already hit up my distributor and he offered to exchange it. Hopefully this was a lemon and the majority of them are nicer.

#8690 2 years ago
Quoted from EvilChicken:

Same I have mine and it's smooth like butter. Yours is most likely buggered up. Definitely not worth the cost but I'm waiting for it to hatch one day.

#8691 2 years ago

Was able to play a GZ Premium tonight and really enjoyed the game. Im thinking of selling a lot of my other pins to
Pick this one up. It’s really fun to shoot and I really love the look and feel of the machine. Also was able to
Play Jurassic Park Premium, which is another game I was thinking of getting and I prefer Godzilla over JP. Anyone know when the next batch of premiums is supposed to
Hit distributors?

#8692 2 years ago
Quoted from Andyzola87:

Was able to play a GZ Premium tonight and really enjoyed the game. Im thinking of selling a lot of my other pins to
Pick this one up. It’s really fun to shoot and I really love the look and feel of the machine. Also was able to
Play Jurassic Park Premium, which is another game I was thinking of getting and I prefer Godzilla over JP. Anyone know when the next batch of premiums is supposed to
Hit distributors?

There may be some distributors here or there that may have one unsold, but my impression is the next run of Prems is sold out/oversold for the most part and there won't be free inventory until the run at the end of the year. So unless you want to pay over MSRP or have an inside connection you may be out of luck for a short-term buy.

I say if you can't get a Prem now, get a Pro and enjoy that for 8 months, then get a Premium at the end of the year and sell the pro.

#8693 2 years ago

Played Godzilla for the first time yesterday.
2 balls in and I could see what the hype was all about, damn this game is good.

#8694 2 years ago
Quoted from Andyzola87:

Hit distributors?

I own both, and as much as I love Jurassic park, Godzilla is my preferred of the two.

I don’t see Zilla going anywhere off that #1 spot for a long time… or at least unti Keith’s next game

#8695 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Titan pinball standard shiny balls

No

Ball Baron Carbon balls are great on Godzilla

Quoted from ianwho:

I also ordered through JJ at game exchange. He told me he had no clue, so I asked myself.

That guy doesn;t know anything.

Still taking money for Iron Maiden Premiums when no more are being made! lol

I think IM is still on his website for sale?

#8696 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

It

Quoted from turbo2nr:

No
Ball Baron Carbon balls are great on Godzilla

That guy doesn;t know anything.
Still taking money for Iron Maiden Premiums when no more are being made! lol
I think IM is still on his website for sale?

Ball baron carbon core lasted less than 200 plays before magnatizing.

#8697 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

It

Ball baron carbon core lasted less than 200 plays before magnatizing.

What balls do you suggest?

#8698 2 years ago
Quoted from Andyzola87:

Hit distributors?

I sold two of my pins in the fall to order my GZ Prem. I'm excited as this may not be far away for receiving.

Quoted from Green-Machine:

What balls do you suggest?

This could go so many ways....lol

#8699 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Like I said before when I redid the rubber on the game, EVERY SINGLE THREADED POST I touched was loose.

Yep. Same here. Every post spins. Had to put some needle nose on the nut to get the screw out so I could replace the post rubbers. I had a small wrench from Titan but wrong size.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 210.00
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Kingston, OK
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Brookings, OR
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Walton, KY
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 35.00
$ 100.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 27,393 posts in this topic. You are on page 174 of 548.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/174?hl=heavyk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.