PXL_20240415_201849415 (resized).jpg
IMG_2601 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2538 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1444 (resized).jpg
IMG_7006.jpg
gdz opto receiver (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,390 posts in this topic. You are on page 173 of 548.
#8601 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Email from a distro?

From Eric at Stern. I figured enough people where wondering, I’d send them an inquiry.

#8602 2 years ago
#8603 2 years ago
Quoted from ianwho:

From Eric at Stern. I figured enough people where wondering, I’d send them an inquiry.

LOL you may be the first person to do that!

#8604 2 years ago

Just added my coin door magnetic art from Inscribed Solutions. Very happy with how it turned out and Michael was very nice with communication and making sure it was what I was expecting. Flash on my phone may have washed it out a bit, but the colors are pretty spot on.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#8605 2 years ago

Balance just paid for Godzilla Premium. Distro said mine was shipping soon.

#8606 2 years ago
Quoted from IODMako:

Just added my coin door magnetic art from Inscribed Solutions. Very happy with how it turned out and Michael was very nice with communication and making sure it was what I was expecting. Flash on my phone may have washed it out a bit, but the colors are pretty spot on.[quoted image]

Wow ... that looks awesome. Thanks for the post and let me know if we can ever help with additional mods!
Inscribed Solutions
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1337-inscribed-solutions

#8607 2 years ago

Here's the version I went with. As stated before, Inscribed Solutions has been so easy to work with. Excellent communication, very fast shipping and product was perfect. Thanks again!
IMG_4031 (resized).JPGIMG_4031 (resized).JPG
IMG_4030 (resized).JPGIMG_4030 (resized).JPG

#8608 2 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

Here's the version I went with. As stated before, Inscribed Solutions has been so easy to work with. Excellent communication, very fast shipping and product was perfect. Thanks again!
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

That one definitely works on the LE. I like it as well.

#8609 2 years ago

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

That definitely looks great on your Godzilla! Definitely dresses up that boring coin door Thanks for the pics and post!!!
Inscribed Solutions
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1337-inscribed-solutions

#8610 2 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wiz-panel-back-box-speaker-cover#post-6828484
Just listed this available today. Reach out if you're curious.

Screenshot_20220227-150421~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20220227-150421~2 (resized).png
#8611 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I will admit that after about 100 games an airball knocked off the "Tesla Strike" sign that was on the bottom of the first tower. I could easily glue it back on, but have decided that it looks better without it anyways.

Good to know it's easily removable when I get my game....as honestly...it's the ugliest part of the mod and completely not needed. If it's for structural support, I'd rather it just be a plate of bolts or whatever than saying "TESLA STRIKE" on it. Labeling inserts? Cool. Labeling mods....eh........unless it's mode sign or something...no thanks.

#8612 2 years ago

I should be joining the club Wednesday to say I'm excited is an understatement

#8613 2 years ago

Shooter rod came today. I like it. Just too bad it’s the cost of a lighted one without the lighted.

68BF9F22-6581-44AE-A76B-0B4693FD2DFF (resized).jpeg68BF9F22-6581-44AE-A76B-0B4693FD2DFF (resized).jpeg
#8614 2 years ago

Anyone else surprised it's been six months after launch and the top three modes above Planet-X aren't programmed yet.

#8615 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Anyone else surprised it's been six months after launch and the top three modes above Planet-X aren't programmed yet.

In no rush what so ever, this game is a masterpiece and wouldn't want a rush job to derail that.

#8616 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

not at all. they've been trickle-feeding code with newer machines for a while now

#8617 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Nope. What game has been completed in 6 months recently? I’d expect another few months at least.

#8618 2 years ago

Say month over and over as fast as you can! It’s pretty incredible how fast you can’t say it anymore.
Hope my GZ Prem is showing up in less than a month

#8619 2 years ago

I have one set of flipper coil fans of my own design im willing to part with if someone is interested.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/131803

#8620 2 years ago
Quoted from IODMako:

Just added my coin door magnetic art from Inscribed Solutions. Very happy with how it turned out and Michael was very nice with communication and making sure it was what I was expecting. Flash on my phone may have washed it out a bit, but the colors are pretty spot on.[quoted image]

Mine just arrived today. It is really sexy, and turns the black door into a nice colorful addition instead.

#8621 2 years ago
Quoted from unclerudy:

Mine just arrived today. It is really sexy, and turns the black door into a nice colorful addition instead.

Same! Thanks, rimmeym !

#8622 2 years ago

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Go team coinmeca!

20220307_160328 (resized).jpg20220307_160328 (resized).jpg
#8623 2 years ago

Something with my game I've never mentioned since having it is that when I am using the flippers to navigate through options (for example, picking a kaiju fight, navigating instant info, choosing the currently active ally) very frequently the game advances me more than one step for each individual flip. Does this happen to anyone else? What might be going on and how could I address it?

#8624 2 years ago

Also, as an update on the folks who advised working on the leaf switch to help with flippers lacking punch and to aim to align the trigger with of the EOS switch with the full extension of the flipper: Thank you. My lower flippers had more than a bit to go to reach that alignment and, having aligned them, half ramps on what feel like full strength shots have decreased a bunch (without changing anything else about my setup, including pitch).

The follow-up question: I have not had success doing the same with my upper flipper (which is the one that most needs help). Is there any different approach I should be taking when dealing with a flipper that can be staged? I assume yes.

And as a pay-it-forward thing since I usually seek help here instead of provide it: I've seen on some threads people mention how finicky they often find it to get the qr reader to register their qr code, often requiring various attempts. I had the same situation but noticed it totally went away after I wiped down the glass with ammonia-free cleaner. Now it's one wave of the code, instant login sound. So if you're having this issue, dusty glass may be the issue (and mine wasn't even particularly visibly dusty prior to cleaning it, so some readers may struggle with any suboptimal conditions).

#8625 2 years ago
Quoted from IODMako:

Looks great! Everything I have gotten from Inscribed Solutions has been dead on!

#8626 2 years ago

I'm currently working on a lighted shooter rod plate for Godzilla that looks just like the JP shooter but with blue LEDs. The idea is the GZ rod will have a slight glow with it.

#8627 2 years ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

Have a good question for the group.
Will be adding Pinwoofer kit, already have Pinmonks Flipper Cooling fans, adding BriteMods RGB flipper buttons, how can I tap into all these 12volts supplies easily? Many mods want to use the Ticket Header connection next to the coin door. Is there an easy splitter solution? What have other pinsiders done, thoughts here?

Sorry for the late response I took a couple of days off from pinside. What I do is buy the splitter from pinball life and then buy the Britebuttons kit for the stern Sam system. It's the traditional .093 molex and it plugs right into it. Also the pinball life kit has 2 ticket style connectors if you still want to use those. It works really well.

#8628 2 years ago
Quoted from SlapDrain:

I have one set of flipper coil fans of my own design im willing to part with if someone is interested.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/131803

Looks very...familiar. Brackets are almost exactly like the Pinmonk 1.0 fan bracket design I abandoned because they broke over time as they were not robust enough to withstand shaker and flipper plate vibration.

#8629 2 years ago

First time getting to Planet X on a pro. Finally saw destruction jackpots in the realm of Karl's, eventually up to 9 (or maybe 10?) x.

Screen Shot 2022-03-14 at 7.06.51 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-03-14 at 7.06.51 PM (resized).png

Which naturally means I became unable to hit a single one. Sometimes even with five attempts in the later cities.

#8630 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

First time getting to Planet X on a pro. Finally saw destruction jackpots in the realm of Karl's, eventually up to 9 (or maybe 10?) x.
[quoted image]
Which naturally means I became unable to hit a single one. Sometimes even with five attempts in the later cities.

There's still a lot left to add and the game is amazing just as it stands. Don't feel too bad. Karl psyches himself out on the big jackpots sometimes, too.

#8631 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

There's still a lot left to add and the game is amazing just as it stands. Don't feel too bad. Karl psyches himself out on the big jackpots sometimes, too.

Oh yeah, I'm OK with it. Goal was to get to Planet X, not maximize destructions and carnage. Next next I'll try to re-find the loop shot when the ball is dropped from the magna (I set a loop champ with 75 on that game, so definitely should be able).

#8632 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If you want a personal goal to (never) beat, Karl OBLITERATED Godzilla with a little over 35 billion final score Sunday on his stream here:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1424909476

This is awesome and really fun to watch and pick up tips on how to play better.

I noticed during watching that Karls scoop seems to eject with a lot less power than mine and the ball stays under control. You can see an eject from the scoop at 10min 45 seconds in the video and it just hits the left flipper and gently rolls up the right inline. It doesn't look like he is live catching it. When my scoop ejects, it whacks the left flipper and jumps back up to the right kicker and then flies all around the table out of control.

Does anyone know if Karl has is scoop power turned down or is it a matter of how the table leveled? If the scoop is turned down, what are everyone's thoughts on that? Still fair play? What should it be set at as its set at 255 from the factory?

Thanks!

#8633 2 years ago
Quoted from Heavyk:

Sorry for the late response I took a couple of days off from pinside. What I do is buy the splitter from pinball life and then buy the Britebuttons kit for the stern Sam system. It's the traditional .093 molex and it plugs right into it. Also the pinball life kit has 2 ticket style connectors if you still want to use those. It works really well.

Thank you

#8634 2 years ago
Quoted from TheOriginalWiz:

I noticed during watching that Karls scoop seems to eject with a lot less power than mine and the ball stays under control. You can see an eject from the scoop at 10min 45 seconds in the video and it just hits the left flipper and gently rolls up the right inline. It doesn't look like he is live catching it. When my scoop ejects, it whacks the left flipper and jumps back up to the right kicker and then flies all around the table out of control.
Does anyone know if Karl has is scoop power turned down or is it a matter of how the table leveled? If the scoop is turned down, what are everyone's thoughts on that? Still fair play? What should it be set at as its set at 255 from the factory?
Thanks!

He likely has the eject power turned down. I did that on my game as well and it makes for a nice consistent feed over to the right flipper.

#8635 2 years ago

Does anyone know if Karl has is scoop power turned down or is it a matter of how the table leveled?

Factory eject power. How mine behaves is how most I've played on location behave. It will bounce more out of control after I wax the game again, but that only seems to last for a week or so.

#8636 2 years ago

Mine is stock too. Kicks pretty hard to the left flipper for a perfect drop catch every time.

If you don’t do that, you risk it getting into the right sling, but I’ve found if you give the game a jiggle as the ball hits the left flipper it kills the momentum a bit and allows for a safer dead bounce.

#8637 2 years ago

I pretty much turn all my scoop eject power down & my ball eject to shooter lane down. They're usually cranked up too much I feel.

#8638 2 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

I pretty much turn all my scoop eject power down & my ball eject to shooter lane down. They're usually cranked up too much I feel.

May I ask what non-factory numbers folks recommend using for the scoop and trough in the settings?

#8639 2 years ago

I just did it by feel. Knocked the trough way down, if it didn't punch it out, it turned it up a bit.
Same as scoop, just knocked 'er down until it wasn't rifling out

#8640 2 years ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

Go team coinmeca![quoted image]

I'm noticing that some of these (both versions) have three black knobs on the left...a larger one upper left and two smaller ones lower left....
and some of them don't have them?

#8641 2 years ago
Quoted from troon47:

I'm noticing that some of these (both versions) have three black knobs on the left...a larger one upper left and two smaller ones lower left....
and some of them don't have them?

it's the external audio controls. it's an addon

#8642 2 years ago

my scoop's factory, too, but if i let it hit the left flipper while it's up, it bounces directly onto the right flipper for a catch.

#8643 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If you want a personal goal to (never) beat, Karl OBLITERATED Godzilla with a little over 35 billion final score Sunday on his stream here:
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1424909476
[quoted image]

Setting the bar high for me when I finally get my Premium! (Very soon I hope!)

Really looking forward to getting this game and learning it and creating my own strategies for maximum scoring and progression.

Until then - I won't watch any gameplay videos... I'm silly like that!

#8644 2 years ago

Thanks!

I don't know if his scoop is turned down, but it seems like it is. Totally fair play, IMO. He tweaks his machines for maximum performance from scoop ejects to flipper power to auto launch to slings, etc. So if you know something feels wrong on yours, you should, too. The adjustments are there so players that want to can dial the performance of their machine in because every pin is not exactly the same out of the box due to assembly and materials variations.

#8645 2 years ago

Quick, random question: What are the ball guides coming out of the building made of on the pro, is it plastic or metal?

#8646 2 years ago

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Mine arrives on Thursday for my pro. Can’t wait.

#8647 2 years ago

Is it typical/intentional for the cap that sits on top of the bridge/Godzilla magnet to be free to spin?

Thanks in advance

#8648 2 years ago

My scoop eject is default.

Here are two 100% repeatable strategies to get the ball on either flipper from the scoop.

1. Do nothing, and let the ball dead bounce off the left flipper and catch it on the right.

2. Do the same as step one, but raise the right flipper. The ball will dead bounce off the left flipper, hit the tip of the right flipper, then bounce back to the left.

#8649 2 years ago
Quoted from CoachBacca:

Quick, random question: What are the ball guides coming out of the building made of on the pro, is it plastic or metal?

They are metal.

#8650 2 years ago

I know this has been beat to death but if you're having trouble hitting the left ramp, and it IS difficult, check your coil stops. I replaced mine and now I'm having much more success. The button stops in the old ones were loose though I only have a few hundred plays. I can only surmise this somehow led to a less consistent flip.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 210.00
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
O'fallon, IL
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Blacklick, OH
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

9,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Gilroy, CA
$ 35.00
$ 100.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

There are 27,390 posts in this topic. You are on page 173 of 548.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/173 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.