PXL_20240415_201849415 (resized).jpg
IMG_2601 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2538 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1444 (resized).jpg
IMG_7006.jpg
gdz opto receiver (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,390 posts in this topic. You are on page 172 of 548.
#8551 2 years ago

If any one is thinking about buying Chrome Candy’s metal bridge protector, I highly recommended.

Fixed two problems at once with this install. No more LT ramp rejections. No more risk of broken plastic. Guide found here.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-mod-thread/page/22#post-6825741

#8552 2 years ago

PoakyMods first potential GZ production mod….

FLYING MOTHRA WITH SPOTLIGHT KIT

More info on this item, an introduction to myself, my no 3D printing production process, and some of the mods I’m considering for production can be found here in my PoakyMods thread Cheers!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/introducing-poakymods-

34D95B6C-1F82-4A1D-B027-A45C8DC7A8EF (resized).jpeg34D95B6C-1F82-4A1D-B027-A45C8DC7A8EF (resized).jpeg330D9E84-9905-43A5-8A14-C2AA06702197 (resized).jpeg330D9E84-9905-43A5-8A14-C2AA06702197 (resized).jpegC3257AF9-860A-41E0-95B7-455E5934931D (resized).jpegC3257AF9-860A-41E0-95B7-455E5934931D (resized).jpeg
#8553 2 years ago
Quoted from splickety_lit:

Since I got GZ Pro back in December, the left ramp has been getting a lot of rejects that rattled around like crazy once it hit the opening. It seems like the ball guide to the left of the Magna Grab was sticking out too far from the magnet. The ball was nicking the very tip of it which would cause it to careen off and start rattling around the entrance.
I loosened the post on the ball guide closest to the magnet, pushed the guide in closer, then tightened the post back down. This reduced the gap between the magnet and ball guide. Afterwards, I noticed a significant decrease in the amount of rattling rejects to the left ramp. You still have to nail the shot for it to go up the ramp, but I haven't noticed any rattling now.
As a bonus, the ball has A LOT more "swing" when the Magna Grab snags it, which slightly increases the ability to make the Imposter award. Before this fix, the ball was barely swinging, probably because it was hitting the ball guide.
Before the fix:
[quoted image]
After the fix:
[quoted image]
If you're getting a lot of rattling rejects on the left ramp, hopefully this helps.

Hello, I’ve noticed the same issue. I pulled up the glass and looked for the post on the ball guide closest to the magnet, but I’m not sure what piece of hardware you mean. Would you mind taking another photo of the post you’re referring to next time you lift the lid? Thx!

#8554 2 years ago

Very nice mod - very simple, very well done. Digitaldocc had it first, from Inscribed Solution's store. I am pretty happy with the look (and with how well the transaction went - arrived to the west coast from the east coast in record time). The best thing? It's a magnet.

Yay!

IMG_8163 (resized).pngIMG_8163 (resized).png
#8555 2 years ago

IMO it could look better without the text on it. Since it's already below it on the cabinet. Just the graphic would be great.

#8556 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Can’t recommend highly enough the Pinwoofers!
Just dropped 3 more into some older games. GB, BM66, and MunstersLE. TWDLE is coming.
They are game changers imo to get the most out of your games!

Have you tried the BBU? Another amazing upgrade, have it on gz, rush and gnr, so far.

#8557 2 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

IMO it could look better without the text on it. Since it's already below it on the cabinet. Just the graphic would be great.

I’d buy one that fills in and completes the existing artwork rather than a being whole new picture.

#8558 2 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

Agree....and the same text in the back glass, bottom of the playfield, and above the lockdown bar button. Five times is a bit redundant IMO.

#8559 2 years ago

While I love this game and have fun playing it but I've found myself playing my JP Premium more because I am SO bad at the left ramp shot on GZ. Like I feel like even with fewer plays on JP I feel confident I can hit MOST shots when needed with confidence but the left ramp on GZ is the bane of my existence. Anyone else struggle with it a ton?

#8560 2 years ago
Quoted from pluto:

While I love this game and have fun playing it but I've found myself playing my JP Premium more because I am SO bad at the left ramp shot on GZ. Like I feel like even with fewer plays on JP I feel confident I can hit MOST shots when needed with confidence but the left ramp on GZ is the bane of my existence. Anyone else struggle with it a ton?

A clean shot makes it on mine. Much better than left orbit or right ramp on tmnt. Have you adjusted the right ball guide on the left side of the magnet? There’s quite a few posts above on correcting this.

#8561 2 years ago

My sentiments Exactly.

Quoted from 1963BSARGS:

I’d buy one that fills in and completes the existing artwork rather than a being whole new picture.

#8562 2 years ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

My sentiments Exactly.

Yup! Blend it in

#8563 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

If GZ isn't worth upgrading to premium then no game is.

True

Quoted from Muymanwell:

if anyone who picks up the mothra egg shooter rod ends up not wanting their shooter plate, i'd be interested in buying it...hit me up in pm

I love the shooter plate.

#8564 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

In case anyone is interested to see the shooter rod from Stern installed on the LE
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for posting this, however, I'm a little disappointed with the GZ shooter rod ..I'm sure it feels great in the hand but it looks just blah .. especially for that price I paid $65 for my original Jurassic Park lighted one... From a distributor before things went crazy..

#8565 2 years ago

Yeah I hear you. The plate is really nice and it does feel great in hand though. I’m happy with it. Not as complex as the jp. No doubt. To me that one looks nice but this one feels better

#8566 2 years ago

Still not getting this Hedora mode. I know it's started as a mystery award and there is an animation showing Hedora being dispatched but not sure what to do. Is it just hit as many switches as you can in a certain time period?

#8567 2 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Replaced my homemade xillian ship with the art of pinball one , not sure what's better
[quoted image][quoted image]

I need this mini LCD mod. Where did you get it?

#8568 2 years ago
Quoted from pluto:

It's a tough shot for sure. Seems like it has to be really clean to make it. I feel like I'm getting better at hitting it more consistently but some games it's hard to find.

#8569 2 years ago

Does anyone know when Stern might release the godzilla topper? I have yet to buy a Stern topper but this might be the one I buy.

#8570 2 years ago
Quoted from mostater:

It's a tough shot for sure. Seems like it has to be really clean to make it. I feel like I'm getting better at hitting it more consistently but some games it's hard to find.

I have seriously gone entire games without ever hitting it once. Needless to say progress was limited but my shot was just SO off.

#8571 2 years ago
Quoted from pluto:

I have seriously gone entire games without ever hitting it once. Needless to say progress was limited but my shot was just SO off.

It's the one I have the hardest with as well, but if I just put in a bit of hyper focus I'll make it eventually. Least once I make it one time, for most of the aspects of the game I can ignore it for a while.

It's not like IMDN where both the ramps are a pain to hit (more so than the left GZ), and you constantly have to hit them for the majority of the modes.

#8572 2 years ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

It's the one I have the hardest with as well, but if I just put in a bit of hyper focus I'll make it eventually. Least once I make it one time, for most of the aspects of the game I can ignore it for a while.
It's not like IMDN where both the ramps are a pain to hit (more so than the left GZ), and you constantly have to hit them for the majority of the modes.

I agree I'm glad it's not consistently necessary really. But it does mean I avoid Gigan at all costs unless my building is in the lock position. Perks of premium, I suppose!

#8573 2 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

I need this mini LCD mod. Where did you get it?

I make them search PinSight HDD .. works well on my Zilla .

#8574 2 years ago

Can anyone confirm if Godzilla is on the line being built over at Stern yet? If not, still this month???

Thanks

#8575 2 years ago

For those with a Prem/LE, can I ask if anybody knows how to secure MechaG to the playfield?

I just realized tonight that my MechaG is now just loosely hanging out on the spot, tethered only by the cable to the magnet. It was basically resting against the habitrail, which is when I noticed it.

It looks like there's a hinge beneath the magnet assembly that has two holes... I'm guessing that two screws go in there, but it's not clear to me what the receiving end of those screws would be, and if they'd need matching nuts, or really how to even access that area well... (Not a lot of room to maneuver, and I don't see this in the manual...?)

there's a hinge beneath the magnet assembly that's barely visible on Mechagodzilla's lower back... Am I on the right track?there's a hinge beneath the magnet assembly that's barely visible on Mechagodzilla's lower back... Am I on the right track?

#8576 2 years ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

The left spinner is more difficult for me. Even the right ramp is tougher, since my left flipper....despite all I've done with it....still is almost impossible to get it up there unless it's from a trap or rolling down the left inlane.

#8577 2 years ago
Quoted from troon47:

The left spinner is more difficult for me. Even the right ramp is tougher, since my left flipper....despite all I've done with it....still is almost impossible to get it up there unless it's from a trap or rolling down the left inlane.

Just trying to clarify what you're saying your issue is here: It seems like you're saying you can make the right ramp shot from both 1) a cradle from the left flipper or 2) from on the fly when the ball is rolling through the left inlane onto the left flipper. You say it's impossible to hit the ramp "unless" it's from a cradle or on the fly from the inane, so I guess I'm a bit lost as to what type of shot you're trying to make that's coming up short that you think should be getting there?

Are you trying to hit the right ramp from the left flipper on a shot like a baseball pitch as the ball is coming down the playfield straight at the left flipper? So you'd have to be timing it perfectly to get it there? If that's the type of shot you're saying is almost always coming up short then, yeah, it's because that would be a very, very difficult shot to make.

The right ramp is fairly steep and a relatively long way away from the flipper, so if you're trying to shoot the right ramp like you're hitting a baseball pitch then you would have to have the flip timed almost exactly perfectly in order to make that shot. Any little bit off on the timing would result in not having enough power to make that ramp. So I think a pretty big percentage of shots attempted like that would end up short and roll back, which would mean that what you're experiencing is just the physics of a difficult shot to make.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you wrote, but based on you writing that you can make it if it's from a cradle or on the fly then it seems like that "baseball" style must be the type of shot you're saying is coming up short? And if that's the case then it's just bad shot selection by you because that ramp is only makable consistently from a shot on the fly or from a cradle. is my understanding of your issue correct or am I mis-reading it?

#8578 2 years ago
Quoted from pluto:

Same here. Great game but I can’t get the feel of that left ramp. It was fine at first and then the setup changed and now I just can’t find the shot reliably. I’m also really bad at outlane saves on this one.

#8579 2 years ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

For those with a Prem/LE, can I ask if anybody knows how to secure MechaG to the playfield?
I just realized tonight that my MechaG is now just loosely hanging out on the spot, tethered only by the cable to the magnet. It was basically resting against the habitrail, which is when I noticed it.
It looks like there's a hinge beneath the magnet assembly that has two holes... I'm guessing that two screws go in there, but it's not clear to me what the receiving end of those screws would be, and if they'd need matching nuts, or really how to even access that area well... (Not a lot of room to maneuver, and I don't see this in the manual...?)
[quoted image]

I checked mine and I can’t tell for sure but it looks like the two screws on the back would just be threaded into Mecha somehow. It looks like there’s a plate on the bottom of Mecha also that connects as a pivot point somehow underneath too. Not sure if these pics will help but here are a couple from mine.

771F3E25-0FE2-4640-8BE0-7EB1D4903D51 (resized).jpeg771F3E25-0FE2-4640-8BE0-7EB1D4903D51 (resized).jpeg80BF0A1B-7B5F-44CB-BE08-80CD409FDC92 (resized).jpeg80BF0A1B-7B5F-44CB-BE08-80CD409FDC92 (resized).jpeg
#8580 2 years ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

[quoted image]

I just looked at the manual. The Mecha assembly is on Page 56. It shows there's a plate on the bottom of Mecha with the two screws in the back and two from the bottom, and that plate looks like it connects on a type of hinge. Doesn't show any nuts in the diagram. Looks like the screws just go into Mecha.

https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/10/Godzilla_LE_Pre_web.pdf

#8581 2 years ago
Quoted from troon47:

Like EaglePin mentioned, if you can hit the right ramp from a cradle from the left flipper I don’t think your flippers have a power issue. Are the shots clean up the ramp? Because while the right ramp is a fairly easy shot, it’s a long shot, and needs to be clean or it’s coming back at you with bad intentions. Also, is your playfield perfectly level from flippers to building? As PinMonk has been preaching, this game needs to be perfectly leveled from head to lockbar for so many reasons and I wouldn’t be surprised if this was your issue. Outside of that flipper angle (should be droopy) and binding at the bushing are the only other things I can think of.

#8582 2 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

I just looked at the manual. The Mecha assembly is on Page 56. It shows there's a plate on the bottom of Mecha with the two screws in the back and two from the bottom, and that plate looks like it connects on a type of hinge. Doesn't show any nuts in the diagram. Looks like the screws just go into Mecha.
https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/10/Godzilla_LE_Pre_web.pdf

Thanks @Eaglepin! Don't know how I missed that in the manual! Yeah, looks like two 1/4" 6-32 screws must have popped out at some point... Good times...

#8583 2 years ago

If you want a personal goal to (never) beat, Karl OBLITERATED Godzilla with a little over 35 billion final score Sunday on his stream here:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1424909476
2022-03-13 Karl (resized).jpg2022-03-13 Karl (resized).jpg

#8584 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If you want a personal goal to (never) beat, Karl OBLITERATED Godzilla with a little over 35 billion final score Sunday on his stream here:
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1424909476
[quoted image]

wonder when this code will be released, because there's some interesting stuff added.

#8585 2 years ago

I just posted this on the LZ owners thread but have seen recent posts here regarding adding a Subwoofer to your system so I thought I would post it here even though I don’t have a GZ.

I recently added a Polk PSW10 subwoofer to my LZ Pro. I already had the PinWoofer set up with the GT amplifier (highly recommended!) so I reached out to them for advice on the cleanest, most efficient way to incorporate the additional subwoofer into my existing system. Dan PinWoofer quickly responded, recommending the BBU (Bass Boost Unit). Though it cost a little more than alternatives it looked to be the cleanest, most controllable, way to integrate the subwoofer into my system.

Install is simple and the performance is excellent.

Dan has gone above and beyond with the quickest response time in the industry to my noob questions. (Including responding instantly, on a Sunday, to a question that I later realized was already answered in the documentation he had previously provided me with). I can’t say enough positive things about Dan, Pinwoofer, and their products. From the moment I ordered the BBU, through quick shipment, good packaging, installation assistance and guidance, settings advice, and finally, outstanding performance, this is a great way to improve the sound on your Pin! I highly recommend it!

https://pinwoofer.com/pinwoofer-jjp-bass-boost-unit/

#8586 2 years ago

:Customer testimonials thread?

#8587 2 years ago

Anyone know anything about the official shooter rod accessory from Stern? I see a picture of it but I see no info on what it does as far as interactivity. Um guessing that it does something special for $200. Curious if anyone knows...

#8588 2 years ago
Quoted from Llabnip1972:

Anyone know anything about the official shooter rod accessory from Stern? I see a picture of it but I see no info on what it does as far as interactivity. Um guessing that it does something special for $200. Curious if anyone knows...

One person earlier in the thread was speculating that (for that price) it hatches. Really want to see that in action.

#8589 2 years ago
Quoted from Llabnip1972:

I hear it does a really good job of shooting a pinball.

#8590 2 years ago

Just got an email that Second run of Premiums start next week!!

#8591 2 years ago

I think shooter rods are showing up at distributors now. My order is shipping.

#8592 2 years ago
Quoted from Llabnip1972:

I don't think it does anything outside of replace your existing shooter rod. No lighting, no rumble, no hatching. It's not like the JP one with the light.

#8593 2 years ago

mine is on the way. I think it just shoots the ball and looks good. A bit like me

#8594 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I don't think it does anything outside of replace your existing shooter rod. No lighting, no rumble, no hatching. It's not like the JP one with the light.

Ouch$

#8595 2 years ago
Quoted from ianwho:

Email from a distro?

#8596 2 years ago

Remember this aiq shooter is possible!
Bad pictures but looks great and is an easy hookup,better looking and better deal for 200.00
Still to much money but!

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#8597 2 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Remember this is possible!

This is what I want to do, looks great! Anything special needed or does it just get installed same as in avengers

#8598 2 years ago
Quoted from ianwho:

Heck yes!

#8599 2 years ago
Quoted from mstang01:

This is what I want to do, looks great! Anything special needed or does it just get installed same as in avengers

Easy,ground to same recommended spot the rest to rgb and power to ufo.
Not my idea and you do not need extra wire,just separate ground from the rest of loom!

5DABDB25-D7CA-492C-90D6-4C86DF5279F9 (resized).jpeg5DABDB25-D7CA-492C-90D6-4C86DF5279F9 (resized).jpeg84B2A1E3-FC61-49B6-A5E6-AD49DCA43628 (resized).jpeg84B2A1E3-FC61-49B6-A5E6-AD49DCA43628 (resized).jpeg9D5667F3-19DE-4801-9D91-33204948D555 (resized).png9D5667F3-19DE-4801-9D91-33204948D555 (resized).png

#8600 2 years ago

I have the AIQ shooter rod as well. I think it looks fantastic and easy enough to wire in.

Quoted from rockrand:

Remember this aiq shooter is possible!
Bad pictures but looks great and is an easy hookup,better looking and better deal for 200.00
Still to much money but!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 210.00
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

9,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Gilroy, CA
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Kingston, OK
$ 35.00
$ 100.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

There are 27,390 posts in this topic. You are on page 172 of 548.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/172?hl=bundy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.